• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Sapporo Holy Grail War IC

Saber

p4iVw1x.jpg

Saber looked to the girl seeing how she reacted. It wasn't all that unexpected seeing her react a little taken back at first. It wasn't as if she gave her much time to respond. Still, despite the brief pause that seemed to over-take her the girl looked as if she had mentally regained her footing. It was a good sign in Sabers eyes that she wasn't the type who would let themselves be bogged down by the unexpected. It was rather cute to her, the young Master somehow reminded her of a rather... inconsequential meeting in her own past that had humored her.

"Oh?" Saber spoke back tilting her head looking curiously at her after attempting to show her own humbleness. It caused her to smirk a bit in response. She didn't come off as a stiff which was a huge plus to her. Not that she couldn't deal with someone who came off a bit more.. rigid.. but she had to admit it would of been more of a drag. The fact she wasn't bothered by Saber's demeanor was a good thing, after all if she had been it wasn't as if the Servant had any plans of changing it anyways. If there was thing in the world that reigned supreme for Saber, it was when she was deadset on doing something there was practically little you could do to ever change her mind about it.

"A tour now? My schedule is quite packed today, though I suppose I could make a little room for such a special occasion." She spoke rubbing her index and thumb against her chin before resting both hands upon her hips. It was a bit amusing to see the general state of the world now. Even with the knowledge parted to her by the grail, it still wasn't something that truly could 'click' in your mind until you witness it yourself. It was just the right amount of information without fully divulging things in detail. It was like peering into a shallow pool of murky water. All the details were there just in reach to grab and take hold of but just looking upon it you couldn't quite make out the details fully until you took that small reach to pull it out.

"As far as a party now... Avery... I don't want to put pressure on you for that. After all, it's been quite a while for me and I'll end up just eating up all your food and you won't have a drop of liquor left by the time I'm through with it. Not to mention if I'm drinking its only right you drink as well and I don't wish to put an end to you before any of the other Masters." She spoke with a smirk stretching a little bit more. She straightened her posture up a bit suddenly holding her one hand into a fist and the other open. She moved both hands together striking her pal m with her before gently clasping it together.

"Well then, you lead the way and like a good servant I will follow." She spoke her hands quickly falling to her sides. She gave an overly enthusiastic bow in response clearly still being rather playful. She was genuinely curious to see the tour.

@Shadow Cat

Zoey Moirai

1MGIgNH.jpg

Their responses seemed to vary quite a bit between them. It caused her to make a bit of a double take glancing back and forth with Berserker quickly mentioning the origin of her outfit causing Zoey to smile though the smaller girl was far quicker to snap back emphasizing it was cosplay. It came off a bit fishy, though it wasn't as if it wasn't impossible there was a cosplay contest. It seemed pretty likely all things considered. She had nodded in response acknowledging it seeing little reason to question it... or at least be pestering them about it anymore then she had already. She wasn't there to interrogate them after all.

She was a little more taken back by her sharp rejection of the idea of coming to the church for any sort of redemption. Honestly it seemed to her the best excuse a Master could of used as to why they might be near the Church. She did substitute another reason for being there though her commenting about a 'voice in the sky' did bother Zoey a bit. It was natural to come into contact with people who didn't hold her faith, it was something she could accept. The way she voiced it though bothered her. It caused a stirring deep inside her. Still she contained herself as Berserker's words seemed to alleviate it a bit.

"Ah I see, my apologizes if i offended you." She spoke directing her bow to the woman slightly taller then her. Her warm smile rested on her lips making it easier to hide any disdain towards Nako's words. She always was taunt to not let things get to her. It was far better to push away any anger or hatred and to keep calm. It wouldn't accomplish anything by giving into such emotions, it would only make things worst. It's what her foster mother taught her, the reason she was on the path she was on now rather then taking the roll of an enforcer. It was something she was grateful she had done in many ways... though deep down she couldn't help but wonder what if.

"Oh? So you saw the priest? Mishima?" She muttered as if taking a mental note. Truthfully she knew who it was though she felt better coming off more as if she didn't know such exact details. Her last words came off much more devious. Zoey's eyes fixating on her seeming to pause not reacting in one way or another. She clasped her hand as in prayer bowing her head subdueing any negative reaction that might tease at the back of her mind electing to be more diplomatic.

"I know it might not mean much, but I will still pray for your well being. Safe journeys to you. Oh, and in case you haven't participated in it yet, good luck at the Cosplay Competition. You both should do great." She spoke attempting to be upbeat as she waved farewell to the pair as they ventured past. It was all she could really do at the moment. The young woman turning as she went up to the doors of the church to enter, giving a solid knock to be allowed entrance inside. She could only wonder what Assassin's impression of the situation was.

Lordxana0 Lordxana0 ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic CatJones CatJones

Father Mishima

Mishima leaned silently on one of the pews of his church. He wasn't exactly tired, but nor was he energetic. He didn't exactly know how to describe his current mood. Exasperated was the first word to form in his mouth though it was perhaps to dramatic of a word to use. He felt his age catching up with him. Or maybe it was simply dealing with Ito Nako that made him feel so lifeless. That girl was anything but pleasant. No, the entire Ito family was a hassle to deal with. He leaned further back in his pew as he tried to direct his thoughts towards something more useful. He knew that at least one other person would be coming to the Church. Someone who was already in the Church's pocket.

A knock came to the thick double doors of the Church. He smiled inwardly, wondering if maybe he had just summoned her himself by thinking that.

He stood and made his way to the door, opening it to see the young woman before him. She was short, as expected, but younger then he had realized she was going to be. He had suspected someone a little more aged, but she matched the physical description he had been given. He had been surprised that he hadn't been given a picture of her as well.

“Good evening, my child. Come in, come in.” He ushered her inside quickly, trying to play it off as a stranger being at the door rather then someone he knew, as distantly as he did at least.

“You seem to have a traveled a long way to get here. Sapporo isn't exactly the forefront of the world.” He led her into the nave of the church, motioning at one of the pews for to sit in, if she so chose. He gave a warm smile, obviously somewhat at ease by the fact that at least one of the Masters in the Grail War was not only following protocol but one of their agents in the field. Part of him wanted to immediately start asking her about what she knew, to probe her for anything that maybe his higher ups had chosen to conveniently forget to tell him. He figured find a compatible Master for the Grail War was far more important a post then the supervisor who was merely an administrative position in the war then an active or important participant.
Instead, he focused on the more important things.
“Your Servant? Where are they and what class?” He asked, still standing and facing her.

Mishima.png

Hanarei Hanarei Lordxana0 Lordxana0

Executor Elrose

Daylight was burning fast, Elrose realized. She had set out only a few moments after Li Dan had left her in the clearing yet she found no evidence of him even being there. No branches out of place, no grass trampled down, birds still singing their songs to bid the sun farewell. Elrose had moved as quickly as she could towards town, annoyed that she couldn't keep up with the monk nor being able to move quickly due to the uneven terrain of the mountain. Of course, someone had to die on the side of the mountain where they didn't maintain the path for the coming winter season. Mt. Moiwa was normally a skiing range with a lodge on three 'sides' but one side was never maintained since it was off limit for the skiers, leaving it far more uneven and arboreous.

Now anything more then a shuffling jog left her second guessing her footing. And again, the monk had moved ahead of her on the same terrain with no issue. She stopped suddenly. She was letting him get to her. She was that much on the back foot that she was letting some punk get to her. She cleared her head, breathing in and out calmly. She wasn't trying to match him, she was trying to observe him and letting herself start to get upset with his actions meant that she was starting to bias her view. She had to remain level headed if she wanted to be able to respond appropriately to his actions.

Yet, something sat in her gut like a heavy stone, eating away at her. She had been made to feel inferior just by being around him. She wasn't one to second guess herself, which meant that he had some kind of natural magical ability that was making him present himself as more of a threat then he really was. For now, that was a satisfactory answer. But it also meant that she needed more backup. To be able to do something like that was actually a rather skilled magus. If she went at him with anything less then her all she could be staring down an arrow shaft from the wrong end.

They were already supposed to have a trump card in the form of a handpicked Master in the case things went south and more power was needed. Even if they hadn't been told why they were needed. She had a plan but it hadn't been approved. She could face a great retribution at the hand of her superiors if she went through with it.

“Fuck it.” She mumbled to herself, digging her heels and making a choice. She set out again, this time seeking something besides the city in the distance. It didn't take her long to find it, a sizable rock on the side of the mountain, clinging to a small cliff with a rope around the edge. It was meant to be a part of a hiking trail. It was conspicuous but she had little other choice. She found an outcropping that had a more moss growing on it, slightly further down and more difficult to see. Though it also meant climbing down a small cliff face. No pain, no gain.

She began to dig her heels into the moss, using her feet to clear as much of it as she could. It took a few minutes but she had the desired shape. A circle with a several strands of moss still lining the center in a pattern. She would have to draw the symbols herself. Meaning she squatted down and carved out moss runes and placed them inside the circle. Standing back, she felt rather accomplished with herself. Either this would work and she would have a Servant as well or at the least no one would be around to know she had made a fool of herself. She lifted one hand over the circle, taking one final deep breath before speaking:

“Alright. Here goes nothing.

Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the will of Jophiel be the foundation.
Let the Lord claim dominion of me.
Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
Let the four cardinal gate close.
Let the three forked road unto the kingdom rotate.

I, Emilia Walton, hereby declare:
Your body shall serve under me.
My fate shall be your sword.
Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail!
If you will submit this to this and this reason
Then Answer!

An oath shell be sworn here!
I shall attain all the graces of Heaven!
I shall subdue all the evils of Hell!

Those in the Church were often told that the summoning ritual was something that had to be experienced to be believed. The airflow had changed the second the words had left her lips, becoming more and more charged with the mana that resided naturally in the world as it mixed with her own. It was taxing to give so much mana to the summoning circle, leaving it to shine a dull red in color. She couldn't remember the last time she had spent so much in a day, let alone in an hour. Had she really gotten that used to hunting small fry?

As she finished the chant, the spread of mana ignited, leaving a brighter light then expected to shine through the area. Elrose was grateful that the cliff was blocking the sight from the city. The last thing she needed was for someone to come along exploring a shiny light.

“Did it work?” She asked out loud, still blinded by the light that had come from the circle.

(Sorry for kind of going outside the usual parameters for the summoning. It's not technically needed to use the Fuyuki system since this isn't there. I wanted to try something new and hope it won't be a problem.)

Elrose.png

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Zoey Moirai

1MGIgNH.jpg

There was a brief pause awaiting for someone to answer the door, not being so impatient as to give an ample amount of time to wait. It didn't take to long for an older man to open the door. It wasn't someone she knew personally though she had been informed enough to at least put the pieces together to figure out who it was. The Church took their job as an arbiter quite serious as they did most matters. Someone had to work to make sure the war itself was kept orderly considering the types of immoral sociopaths lingered upon the magi's ranks. She bowed her head gratefully in response.

"Thank you, Father." She spoke playing along with the act further not at all wanting to stand out too much should anyone be watching. She allowed him to usher her in looking a little surprised though not playing her cards too much with acting. She followed him inside keeping calm and discrete not at all giving up here facade until she otherwise saw a reason to. When being part of the secret side of the church, it was always important to hold one's tongue until you were in a location of which you were certain no wandering eyes may linger. She heard him comment about being in the city giving a light nod in response.

"I heard so many great things about Sapporo from my mother. She always particularly spoke highly of the festival that happened only so often that I should make sure not to miss. I would be able to fill my cup to taste seven of the finest wines. I've always wanted to try umeshu sawa... and I've managed to get a bottle of my own. Only for drinking in moderation of coarse, Father." She spoke as if facing a little bit of guilt mentioning drinking. It was just her still putting on a bit of a facade speaking more so in code to confirm who she was knowing the grail war and the fact she managed to summon a servant. While speaking to him she couldn't help but look around taking a gander at the church admiring the sight of it. It was quite new, though it didn't change the beauty of being inside it. She found a certain amount of joy in being able to go inside a new church even those of a more humble upbringing.

Being offered a seat, Zoey didn't hesitate to take it. She quickly bowed in response as she sat down placing her purse down to her side. She sat quite properly, showing a degree of respect being within the church. It felt wrong to hunch over or to slouch at all within such walls particularly if in the company with another. She looked to him as he spoke now dropping any sort of front. She nodded lifting her hand up gently brushing at her hair once more as if to make sure it was still kept up in place. She came off a bit more serious now looking towards him.

"Assassin. He is here inside with me." She spoke leading off with revealing who it was first. She didn't want to come off reckless simply having a servant accompany her inside the Church. It was possible their presence could be detected by another being within the building which could possibly cause some trouble with the church being a supposed neutral party. An Assassin's natural ability of being able to hide their presence made that far less of a risk. She turned her head in roughly the direction she knew he was in his spirit form.

"Go ahead, you can show and introduce yourself." She spoke with a warm tone of voice. She felt it was only right he should be able to introduce himself on his own accord. More so she wanted to come as up front as possible with her servant as the Church might allow for her to be.

Abastor Cromwell

"Hm, apologies if I overstepped my boundaries with the request," interactions with heroic spirits were an odd dance, because through the Master held the power of both the command seals and acting as their anchor in the war itself there was a limit to how far one could push before the inevitable breaking point where no further communication would matter. Still knowing how far that relationships extended was important to these kind of matters. "Forget I said anything on the subject and we can let it be for now, chalk it up to a poor excuse for a joke."

Things could get quite difficult if his Servant stood on some sort of barricade of ideals and honor when it came to the war itself, but despite their currently limited interaction he could sense that she still allowed for a certain level of pragmatism, but there were limits. "Tell me Lancer, as you look about the streets are you gleaming any useful information so far? Escape routes, places to drag our fighting away from the streets?" he didn't have an eye for combat, but like any good mage the shadows were a comfortable enough home for him. "While I'm the Master please feel free to take the lead for the moment."

Soulmuse Soulmuse

Servant Assassin

A flash of golden light shone through the Church for only the briefest of moments as Assassin manifested his physical form inside of the holy building. Needless to say he wasn't exactly happy about standing about practically breaking the rules of the war from the word go, but he wouldn't go so far as to speak his concerns with his Master's superior sitting across from her. "Servant Assassin, I've already informed my Master of my name but the less people who know who I am the less they will expect what I can do." even at a casual glance it wasn't as if Assassin stood out as a physical powerhouse when compared to most others, even a Caster Servant has the probability of better fighting abilities then himself. Which mean the element of surprise was more important then anything else.

"However if my Master feels comfortable sharing my True Name and legend with you I won't stop her. If its the best path to victory a weak guy like me won't mind whatever tactics need to be used." while he played himself quite humbly even standing still Assassin was scanning every area of the room, already noting escape ways and how he might counter a sudden assault on the building or room they were in. If the worst happened he would simply grab his Master and run her out of the building, through anyone who would be willing to attack neutral ground on such flimsy reasoning as a woman entering a Church would soon find themselves hunted down he didn't much like the idea of planning for everything to go right. "If we are going to continue this discussion would you be opposed to me preparing a few counter measures to watchful eyes or anyone who might interrupt Master?"

Hanarei Hanarei

Servant Lancer

“As you wish.” She eyed her Master for a while, considering. A pragmatic one then, for certain. She could appreciate that, although she would remember to bring the subject up later.

Casting her eyes about the streets, Lancer considered for a time. “Alleyways can be useful to both limit the battlefield and to flee although they are also a risk, as they limit my own ability to maneuver and fight.” In a straight duel of weapons she felt little doubt in her ability to beat all but the most powerful of Servants, but in turn, a Caster or Archer could prove troublesome if given distance. “Humans have an interesting inability to remember to look up, so staying on rooftops can be safe, although not always reliable.” She nodded to the nearest building, one shorter than the rest. “Of course, if we want to strike with surprise, from above can be quite effective…” Trailing off Lancer took a moment to think about the layout of the city. “In this area of the city tourists abound so we would be wise to keep battle to an area with those less likely to be looking for anything else, perhaps even draw foes to the edge of the city…or out of it all together should we wish to engage in unrestricted battle. Other places of use would be centers of manufacturing or industry, the sound and large buildings offer disguise for engagements.” Turning she started off towards the southeast, and the residential quarters. “For now, in the interest of avoiding conflict mingling with the citizenry will provide an acceptable cover, both from discovery and from attack.” She explained as they walked. “I will guess unless one is not from the city, others will be summoned in their homes. Beginning the search there seems most reasonable, and will disguise our own starting location.”
Lordxana0 Lordxana0

Archer
(Sapporo Outskirts - Edwin's Warehouse)

b17719494bdc6e63ebecdfda07e75576.jpg

The summoning circle flashed bright shades of violet, bathing Edwin's makeshift workshop in amethyst hues. The runed lines filled with flowing channels of charged magical energy, a heavy gravity pressed down on the soon-to-be master as the pressure of the spell began to swell and coalesce. Wind rushed past in sweeping, tumbling gales that rose in a roaring chorus to crescendo. Tools and crafting components shook and rattled across crates as the Grail's ritual took a hold of the material realm. In the blinding rays of purple a silhouette could be made out, arms stretched wide in grandeur. Edwin could almost glimpse what seemed like a sharp grin through the purple luminescent light.

"بالاخره رایگان..."

The mage runes dimmed to a low glow until finally the blazing lights ceased. In place of their glory, a tall dark-skinned man stood. The atmosphere settled in welcome of the servant's tyrannical entrance. His features had sharp-cut bone structure, an aloof expression donning his exotic handsome visage. Dark slicked-back hair matched the blood-rouge overcoat, its collar supporting the tasteful grey-and-black scarf that hung from his nape to trail down his wide chest. A curved sword, perhaps a scimitar, laid at his hip in an ornate gold and silver sheath. The servant ran a hand through the front of his hair and fixed his piercing lime-eyed gaze on the man that was supposed to be his master. His face did not convey pleasure nor content upon laying eyes on Edwin.

Next, the servant swept his eyes in a casting glance at his surroundings. It was dingy, dark and particularly grimy as far as the eye could see. The Grail had afforded him much knowledge of this era, and he appeared to be in some kind of warehouse. Decidedly not a worthy location to greet someone as grand and important as he. His brow creased with discontent, a tendril of anger drilling through his body as his fist clenched tightly. A being so otherworldly-powerful as he and these mortals could not even deign to prepare a suitable welcome? This disrespect was inexcusable, was this man simply incompetent or foolishly brazen? Then he released the tension. A ruler did not blame the peasantry for their ineptitude, a ruler led by example. His so-called master would have to be educated in the echelon of higher-society living. His features returned to an air of impassive judgement.

"Your name." It was not a question, but a command.

The servant folded his arms over his chest and waited for the human before him to respond.

Dragonruby Dragonruby

Last edited:
Caster

What started as a wild display of ignited mana, blinding light, and buffeting winds; eased into warm embers, a soft glow, and a gentle breeze from four winds, from the four cardinal directions.

In the center of the moss-covered summoning circle stood a small figure, feminine in shape. Around her bare feet was a condensed pool of ethereal blue mist, still softly glowing from the mana used in the ritual. Above the figure; falling embers of mana: verdant, lavender, rose, and azure in color, gently rained down around her and the surrounding area. A gentle swirl of four distinct winds flowed through mountain side; carried with them, the scent of fresh flowers, warm tobacco, wild sea, and old blood.

A kind, feminine voice came from the summoned ghost.

“I ask of you. Living child. Are you my Master?”

The simple and soft spoken question was followed by a friendly smile from a pretty and young face.

The summoned Servant had lite red eyes and soft pink hair. Her skin was mocha in tone and by most of the world’s standards of beauty, both past and present, she was a uniquely attractive woman in feature, countenance, and proportion. She wore what to most in the modern area would consider to be strange and risqué clothing. A small tan shirt with swirls of red and blue was covering her chest and a black bikini bottom her lower half. Covering her shoulders and shielding most of her exposed form was a tan and red shawl.

Hanging from the shawl and from her neck were sparkling blue beads and expertly carved wooden symbols with strange designs. Her hourglass form was painted with slim and elegant red tattoos. Most prominent of the body art was a small tattoo of a cross on her smiling face.

An aura of mystical power flowed from the Servant; the strength of it in great contrast to the unintimidating appearance of the Servant. At its peak, the flowing mana was akin to a tidal wave of mystical force that most modern Magus would never have the opportunity to feel, or imagine was possible from something even remotely human in shape. Swiftly, however, the overpowering force of mana was lowered, controlled, and condensed into the small Servant’s body. After a few seconds the tidal wave of mana was gone; seemingly having been a product of a magus’ dream or nightmare.

1521180968132.png

ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic

Last edited:
Father Mishima

Mishima was taken back by the level of calm and courtesy the young woman before him presented. That or he was starting to honestly believe that every member of the Church was slowly turning into Elrose. He gave a polite smile as she spoke of the city and her personal objectives while there. He knew that she was being modest to some degree as he assumed she was more mission oriented then she was letting on. It was better, he agreed, to have an air of relaxation as opposed to being to forward with their duties. She took the offered seat and continued to show an elegance he was proud to see. Young people usually slouched or became overtly comfortable with those around them. It didn't help that he had started with some bias towards her; her past was something he wasn't particularly fond of. Yet, she was surprising him.

Of course, she asked her Servant to appear. He was dressed as finely as she was, the two of them seeming to be a summoning of affinity. He felt a pang of guilt as he quietly eyed the door behind the alter, the summoning catalyst he was supposed to have presented her still in his personal quarters. Regardless of his decision, he kept that fact secret. He quickly reaffirmed his gaze to her Servant as he began his introduction. Assassin. He had hoped that she would have summoned the Saber class, or even one of the other two knight classes. He couldn't just ask her the next thing that came to his mind, to use Assassin to remove the monk. That would be an unsanctioned hit. He would probably never see the light of day again if he had asked that. The thought alone nearly made him brake into a cold sweat.

Instead he allowed himself to relax. A Master and Servant were more then enough for the time being. Plus, there was Elrose.

“I see. Welcome to my Church, humble as it is. There's no need to share your True Name. I'm grateful that you offered but the fewer people who know it, the better. As for you, Ms. Moirai, I am Father Mishima. I'm sure whomever it is you answer to has told you that much, but I feel a proper introduction is still in order.”

He gave her a moment to respond as well, allowing her to introduce herself as she saw fit before he moved on to official business.

“Before we go any further, I need to know what the Church has told you, to make sure we're on the same page and to allow your Servant to understand his secondary duty here.” He said, motioning briefly towards Assassin so could join the conversation as well. They were all in this together, after all.

Lordxana0 Lordxana0 Hanarei Hanarei

Elrose

Elrose took a step back, shocked that her rather improvised summoning worked. She had expected to be too late to be able to summon a Servant and to simply waste her mana like an idiot. Pleasantly surprised was the best descriptor for her mood, and the strange sent the girl was giving off was helping as well. Though, the coppery smell of blood was less exciting and more perplexing. Though, her Servant was far from what she expected and equally perplexing. Sure, she hadn't anticipated a hulking lord of war to be before but she also hadn't foreseen such a short woman. Elrose inspected her before answering the girl.

Short, as stated, with skin that looked like it belonged to an Egyptian or a South American. Maybe North American Indian. She assumed not, there weren't that many in history who could make the cut of being a Servant, reducing the pool to most likely a South American of some sort. Maybe she was from the per-conquistador days. Her manner of dress eschewed that idea as well; a shawl, and what would best be described as a swimsuit bottom and very small shirt. Still, aside from clothing, the girls body looked solid. Like she was used to some manner of activity more suited for warriors or athletes. Elrose decided to let her judgment fall to the wayside. She was the summoner. By all accounts, she was just as much responsible for this girls existence as the girl was for answering the summons. She had no right to judge.

Elrose didn't know what manner of greeting would be acceptable, however. Was it acceptable to bow to ones Servant? Curtsy? Shake hands? She knew that some of the more warrior cultures from the West would clasp their allies wrists as a sign of camaraderie. She put her arm out, waiting for the girl to take it as she introduced herself.

“Yes, I'm your Master, Elrose.” She answered, still not entirely sure what level of respect was necessary in this kind of situation. She continued, figuring it best to sort out a ground rule or two while she still could. "But seriously, Elrose is fine. Don't go getting all formal on me and calling me Master all the time.

She gave a wide smile, trying to put her Servant at ease. She knew she was a powerful master that probably one of the better chances at winning the war, she just needed her Servant to understand that wasn't the main plan. It was going to be awkward breaking that news to her.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Li Dan avoided the festival as best he could. It wasn't a lack of interest that kept him from refusing the company of humans but rather his own needs. Humans would only complicate his plans and they were as close to the precipice as they could get. The next few days were more important then the previous 2600 years. To have so much hanging in the balance was both thrilling and terrifying. So many centuries of planning about to either be wasted or perfected. He felt a smile creep on his lips. A fear response from nerves he still thought were dead with the ages.

The alley he was walking through was cramped and dark, perfect for avoiding prying eyes. Not as great for avoiding the refuse and debris left by those more inconsiderate then himself. It even smelled damp and musty. He had to focus his mind off of his surroundings. His monks were already in town, had been for hours, looking into the Grail War and its participants. Intelligence gathering was one of the most important parts of a war after all. He needed to know who had the best chance to acquire the Grail and cut them off, like a serpents head. If any of them were to get their hands on it and use it before he could, the resulting disaster would be the antithesis of his duty.

Ahead of him, standing near the end of the alley where it fed back into the city was one of his monks. They dressed the same way he did, though they had no hats. It was a small and insignificant detail to him, yet humans found it to be some message that he was in charge. He was but it was still an odd way to denote rank. Li Dan stepped to the edge of the alley, pressing against the building to speak without being seen. His fellow monk leaned back as well, his short blond hair matted down with sweat. It was warm in those robes, no doubt. Li Dan almost wondered when the last time his body had felt hot or cold.

“Master.” The monk began, not turning towards him, focused on the festival before them. “My brothers nor myself have spotted no outsiders as of yet.”

“Very well. Continue to watch.” Li Dan noted the sun was finally setting in earnest. Seconds left, he realized. “The cretins will start to strut about soon. They can't help but preen. How any of them became heroes of this disgusting race astounds me.”

“I...” The monk started before trailing off. After clearing his throat, he began again. “I apologize for my humanity, master.”

“As you should.” Li Dan moved closer, his mouth inches from the monks ear. “If you could but hear her sobbing cries, you would feel the same disgust for mankind as I do. I almost envy you. To be deaf to it.”

Li Dan turned to leave, only taking a few steps before stopping. A great surge of mana. The last Servant was summoned. Judging from the location, it had to have been that Church lackey. Elrose. He knew one Master then. Of course, the priest would know the others. Li Dan felt a great want to feed the earth his broken body. But it would have to wait. The best place in Sapporo to fight was near the brewery. It was closed for the nights furing the festival and far enough away to be hard for anyone to notice a battle there. The forest was another good location. He would have to ply his luck with one or the other.

The Sapporo Holy Grail has commenced in earnest. Once started, there is no going back. One must go into this with both eyes open. Are you prepared to go all the way with this? There is no guarantee that you will like what happens next. You may even dislike the following events. Being a part of this may mean helping people you would normally dislike. It may mean setting aside personal virtue for something greater then oneself.
The Holy Grail accepts even the most bitter of tragedies.

Fate Sapporo

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men.​

(This is the official start of the Sapporo Holy Grail War. We have hinted at the better places to fight at. You are also welcome to begin to explore the festival if you prefer. If you have any questions ask CatJones or myself. We are both here to help you navigate the city and continue the battles and plot. Thank you for reading this.)

Caster

1521180968132 (2).png
The summoned spirit didn’t move a muscle as she and her summoner inspected each other.

The woman before her was taller than her, Caucasian, and dressed in a way that she was more familiar with as a form of men’s wear in Europe. Her shoe wear was feminine however, heels, and the ghost didn’t hide her curious red eyes from examining the different articles of clothing that the modern woman was wearing. Her hair and eyes were strange to the ghost as well. The coloring didn’t seem… true? The Grail supplied her quickly with the possible answer, contacts and hair dye. It seemed she had been summoned fairly far into the future from her time… how exciting!

As Caster contained her excitement, she saw that the summoner seemed unsure. Caster imagined that there were likely several worries on the living woman’s mind. Caster knew she did not give off the appearance of a hero. In fact, if she had any disagreement with the Great Earth and the Great Mystery it would be that she was undeserving of having been recorded into the Throne of Heroes.

She had failed in her living life. She had done nothing of true lasting value…

The thought brought her shame and reflected for a moment on her features. Her smile disappearing for a split moment before being forced to reappear.

Her world was far in the past now. The sins and failures of her people, her friends, and herself; likely forgotten by those living now. Maybe it was better that way…

She needed to focus on the now. The present Earth. The current children. Not on dust.

Caster listened to her summoner’s greeting and tried not to be disappointed with her. The living child held little knowledge of the proper way to greet a spirit or an ancestor. Informality in a greeting such as this showed immaturity, uncaringness, foolishness, and possibly disrespect. The magus didn’t even seem to have an offering or tribute prepared. Less forgiving spirits would have killed the summoner instantly for such disrespect. The living woman, however, was friendly and didn’t seem to have ill will; that was all that truly mattered in the end. She was simply lacking in knowledge and wisdom, which was no sin worthy of death.

Caster was again disappointed when the woman offered her a handshake. That was how the men of Europe greeted each other. They were both women and the summoner seemed to be European. Did she not know how to curtsy? Had the greetings between ladies of Europe changed so drastically? She hoped not! She loved to curtsy and had spent dozens of hours perfecting how to!

The shorter, tanned skinned woman continued to smile at the living woman, hiding her disappointment. She stepped from the summoning circle and took the offered hand, giving it a slightly awkward shake. Once finished she instantly dropped into a perfect curtsy on instinct. So good was the curtsy (and without wearing a dress!) that it would have left the current king and queen of Britain amazed at the near supernatural elegance of the courtly greeting.

Standing, the graceful ghost spoke once again.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Ms. Elrose. I am Caster. Summoned from the embrace of the Great Earth and wisdom of the Great Mystery to aid you. You may call me Rebecca if that is acceptable?”

Last edited:
Edwin blinked back at his Servant's towering figure and presence, a thin smile on his face the entire time. "Edwin." He replied back simply, giving a slow and formal looking bow, moving his hat over his heart. "Edwin Augustine, at your service." He spoke politely, albeit very little, before taking a short step back, placing his hat back atop his head. He hid it well, but the distaste was there. Already he was beginning to wonder what kind of rocky relationship he was going to have with this man. He'd recognized this type of person. Imperious, and arrogant, and full of pride. Of course, the problem was that as a Servant, the man would have the strength to back up that personality. Edwin was already dreading the formalities he'd have to go through just to get his Servant pliant. It'd be both time and resources taken away from his goal, and yet it was going to have to be done. He'd have bothered to say more if he wasn't sure the Servant was going to try and lecture him now for one thing or another. But these thoughts remained his own and the look upon his face remained nothing but pleasant, even as he silently twitched his hand, cycling his mana in as he readies his Command Seals if it became necessary.

Kloudy Kloudy

Elrose

Elrose tried to stop herself from letting her expression show how utterly confused she was. The servant-er-Rebecca had accepted her handshake. Which meant she at least was from a common enough time for the handshake to exist. Then she curtsied. Okay, so she was from a more recent year AND knew how to interact with nobility in Europe. But her name was Rebecca. The more Elrose thought about it, the less sense it made. Was she a 'savage' or was she a well mannered woman from English society? At least one thing shined through, she had a cheery disposition. Considering how most Executors looked and behaved it was a breath of fresh air.

Still, the way the girl had moved during the curtsy was astounding. The motion was perfect, almost mechanical in its efficiency. Most people lacked the motor skills to do it right or the attention to remember the nuance of the movement. As honored as she was by the respect given with the motion, she couldn't return it. She didn't know enough about the girl to repeat the action without feeling like she was betraying her role as the leader. She smiled through the awkwardness of their first meeting. First impressions were meant to be important and impactful but this one was already feeling empty.

“Rebecca. Okay, I have to ask.” She paused for a second to motion her hand at the girls entirety, “Who or what are you? You're not English. Those marking and your complexion gives that away. But that curtsy was obviously English and performed better then most of the actual 'nobility' today could do. Not gonna lie, you're really throwing me off right now.”

She was about to continue when she realized how dark it had become. Since they were higher up then the city, there was still some lingering light on the horizon but it wasn't enough to make for a proper light source. It was going to be a full moon, but she still had no interest in walking all the way back in the pitch black darkness.

“You can tell me on the way. We need to get back to town and let Father Mishima know I summoned you. Also, never call me 'Ms. Elrose' ever again. It's just Elrose, Rebecca.”

She said this as she turned around and quickly climbed up the small section of cliff she had scaled to her secluded summoning spot. From the top she turned around and offered a hand to the smaller girl, intending to haul her up and immediately set out for town again.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Zoey Moirai

1MGIgNH.jpg

Zoey remained sitting as she was watching as Assassin made his appearance. Despite remaining rather composed she couldn't help but feel as if there was some unease in Assassin. Likely just her mind overthinking things considering Assassin did little show any sort of distress. She felt a little more uneasy about Assassin's hesitance to give his true name. It wasn't that she thought that concealing his name was a bad thing. It was actually a much more intelligent move to hold off uttering it unless she ordered it herself. It more so bothered her due to her upbringing in the church. The idea of concealing information from them made her feel a bit uneasy. Given Father Mishima was effectively her superior in charge over her on this particular mission, it just made it feel more unnerving.

Upon Assassin insisting upon putting in counter measures, Zoey simply shook her head in response. She knew his intentions were just though given the fact they were on neutral ground it was far better she remained at risk to at the very least feigning ignorance should she be caught with her Servant in the church. Having counter measures would only make it look more like she knowingly was against against protocol. She turned her head to look upon the Priest nodding her head in response to his introduction as she stood up bowing her head in a show of respect. It only seemed right she introduce herself as well properly.

"Zoey... pardon, Moirai Zoey." She spoke correcting herself wanting to format her name in the proper way for the country she was in. It was a rather meager introduction lacking a true title. The title of executor was the one she was closest to though it was one she had never taken the final steps to completing. It left her in a rather murky grey area in the church, though to claim she wasn't in some part at fault would be a lie. Despite her foster mother's pull she never could quite fully commit herself to any other position within the church. That lingering hatred she always tried to suppress always bubbling up making her feel some sense of 'guilt' for not serving to take down the evil that lingered among the ranks of magi.

Being requested to tell what she knew she seemed to hesitate a little bit before giving a nod. It felt a little strange to be saying the information she knew out loud, particularly with Assassin there with her. She hadn't told him much beyond hinting at the fact she was charged with doing another task with the Church on the side of acting as a Master. The fact Father Mishima seemed to not mind Assassin knowing the finer details was a bit of a relief for her. She preferred being as upfront as possible if she was to work with a partner at all. The less she had to keep secret in regards to her work the better.

"I was on top of acting in the Grail war that was to spy upon the Taoist monks who are in the area. More so the focus is on their leader. A man of his similar stature has been around in times long past what a normal human life is ever capable of. The rumor that the church has about him is that he has been devouring human souls in order to sustain his life over the centuries. The primary goal of the Church is to try and ascertain what he is... whether it is somehow a Magus that somehow achieved the impossible or something far worst such as a demon. once there is proof of who or what he is. I was tasked primarily with spying upon the monks and their leader while taking part in the war. Taking advantage of reconnaissance observing for activity in the war to also spy upon the monks and their leader when possible." She spoke out giving the details she had at hand from the Church. Her head turned less concerned about Father Mishima's reaction and more so curious to see how Assassin took the information.

Caster

1521180968132 (2).png

So far this summoning and meeting had been noticeable awkward and ill planned on the magus’ part.

Caster wondered how much knowledge and competence her summoner had. In her own time, Magus were more often than not extremely formal, detail oriented, and exceptionally careful with every word and action that involved magic or societal status. This was even more so true when they summoned spirits or communed with ancestors. Perhaps such things were rare now and the teachings of how to perform such rituals were lost?

Regardless, while Caster valued and knew the wisdom of such courtesies and understood the foolishness of her summoner’s actions; she was no resentful spirit from the past or a goddess like being that demanded respect. She was just a girl who had simply gotten a little too curious during her living life. Respect was appreciated, and some would say even needed to be shown to her for position and rank… but all that was in the past now. Who was she to demand respect now? She had done nothing in her past life to earn the children of the present’s current respects besides being a Heroic Spirit.

As Elrose asked her questions on who or what she was; Caster took several moments to answer. In truth, she wasn’t sure how to answer in a way that would be satisfactory and wouldn’t leave the Magus in despair that she had summoned someone... like her.

“I… am not English, although I was taught the basics of English society. I’m from Tsenacommacah. I’ve been trained as a Shaman and as a Church Executioner… besides that… I've hunted Phantasmal Beasts? I’m sorry I am “throwing you off” but I’m not sure what else to add…” The tanned skinned woman trailed off, unsure what else was worthy of adding to her lackluster “heroic” history.

As the pair began their travel to town Caster was pleasantly surprised (and amused) when Elrose offered her a hand up a small cliff. In practically, the offer was silly of course. Even when she had been living Caster would have easily been able to scale such a small cliff with all most no effort. As a Servant…

Still, a kindness was a kindness and Caster wasn’t one to refuse such a gifted thing. Taking the offered hand, she let Elrose “pull” her up, while she actually pushed off the ground and hopped up the cliff with minimal effort. Elrose seemed a strong woman but there was no need to strain her unnecessarily or take advantage of the kindness.

Once on the cliff she gave a smile happy smile to the taller woman and continued to follow her while taking in the distant lights of the modern town.

“Who is Father Mishima, Elrose?” Rebecca asked happily as she let the living woman lead the way. More at ease with the summoner now that she had shown kindness.

Elrose

Casters explanation shed light on the strangeness she presented. Her delivery was peculiar, but it wasn't like she was upset about her Servants origins, strange as they were. Though her admittance to having served the Church gave her some common ground with the girl. However, she wasn't ass sure about what an Executioner was. Maybe that was what the Executors were before the common era? She wasn't going to press it to much but instead share that they had some common ground. Elrose noted how light she was to lift up the cliff, noting that she had chosen to use her own power to scale it. It wasn't like she needed help, sure, but she was hoping it would have been a sign of trust between them. Maybe she was sending Caster the wrong signals.

“I'll admit, my history of the United States is rather lacking. I've never heard of the Tsena-tseno-your people.” She tried her best to respectfully repeat Casters tribes name, only to find it much harder to do after only hearing it once. “But, if you've hunted Phantasmal Beasts then I'd say your a perfect fit for what I'm hunting. Father Mishima and I are both members of the Holy Church and we're working together on a mission here. Mishima's also the supervisor for the Grail War and the man who raised me since I was a teen. As for myself, I'm an Executor for the Church.

She let Caster digest the information she had presented so far. No doubt the girl would have questions about some of the things she said, so Elrose left a casual spacing after speaking to let her do so. Meanwhile, she walked down the path towards town. After a few seconds she also realized they were slightly closer then she had thought. It was still a half hour walk and the ground was steep enough with enough hairpin turns in the path for it to be dangerous for a regular human to run down. She was more competent then a regular human but tripping and falling ass over teakettle in front of her Servant seemed like the exact sort of thing that would happen.

To her amazement, Caster had the same kind of energy that Mishima had when she was younger. Walking next to her, she felt strangely at peace. She gave off the same friendly, open vibes that Mishima had given off when she was younger. Even so, she technically saw Caster as part of the official mission roster now. Though an immediate pang of guilt hit as she realized she was internally distancing herself from Rebecca by mentally referring to her as her class and not her name. She had a habit of doing that. She called her teammates by their code names instead of their real names. She really needed to break that habit. Caster had already been willing to give some information to her about her past which was normally rather taboo for a Servant.

MocaPoka MocaPoka CatJones CatJones

Abastor Cromwell

"I see," despite saying that Abastor found the talk of strategy was a bit beyond his scope, after all he had spent most of his life pouring through books to master his own forms of magic and very little time for anything else. After all with the ticking of the clock ever at the back of his mind such frivolous things as battle tactics or even fiction that might give him some idea were put to the side. He had to make due with second or third hand accounts of those who had been part of previous battles for the vessel.

"With that being said it might be in our best interest to choose the battlefield that best suits you and draw in our enemies too it, after seeing your stats firsthand I would put high odds against most of our foes in the war, but with so little information attempting to draw others in to a fight might result in us being blown away by a well place Noble Phantasm by someone more pragmatic," he followed Lancer's lead, rather then directing her. He would take honed instincts over directionless pride any day of the week. "That being said once a battle starts I will be leaning heavily on your own combat experience, I don't find any shame in living to fight another day."

Soulmuse Soulmuse

Servant Assassin

The fact neither took up his offer to provide traps around the Church was a bit troubling, during his years of fighting and even those during peace he never felt at ease without keeping a trick or trap somewhere about his person, but he would follow the orders given to him for the moment. After all his Master and her superior had done little to lower his confidence in either of them at the moment. However a small pang of worry grew in his heart over the 'mission' put forward by his Master. While he knew that she had managed to summon him there was still of course the base worry of a woman undertaking such a dangerous task. There had been women spies back in his day of course, but their missions had usually been casual enough that the firmest reprimand would be a night behind bars after having to play drunk for some enemy soldiers. Of course that wasn't quite fair of him, this was a different age, and even Grail given knowledge wouldn't remove his societal knowledge.

"While I can understand the mission Master I need to speak my piece as a Servant," he turned his focus on her, allowing a moment for her to do the same. "The first being that the safest way to perform this operation is to allow me to take your place, but by doing so it creates an issue for me as well. Dividing focus between two fronts is an easy way to find oneself with a knife from the back. How do you intend to continue the pursuit of the Grail while also competing for the wish granting vessel?" if she said that she had no intentions on the Grail Assassin wasn't sure what his next move would be, but it would put a strain on his loyalty. The only reason he had manifested from Throne of Heroes was to seek his wish after all.

Hanarei Hanarei

Ito Nako and Berserker

Nako had expected the difficulty of finding suitable clothes for her servant but had managed to produce something else that would work. It was still a school uniform though it was from a different school and had a rather embarrassing story behind the reason she had it. Disregarding that, however, it fit Berserker well enough to look like she was a well developed high school student. Unlike hers, it was a white dress shirt with a green skirt. It was the best they were going to get without dropping some cash on something new. Having disguised her servant, it seemed time enough for them to head out into the city and look for opponents.

The city was calm outside the of the streets where the festival was being held. Anyone who wanted to wander with no human contact would find it the perfect time to do so. She wondered if that was why the Grail War was being held on the first day of the festival. To make it easier for them all to move and fight without being noticed. Berserker was a woman of few words and had given a simple agreement when Nako had asked her opinion. As far as preparations went, there wasn't much else they could do.

She intended to hound anyone they ran into who was obviously a servant into the forest outside of town. Berserker had alluded that her skills would best be used in an area where the enemy wouldn't be able to use range as an advantage. The question of how long it would take to find someone who stuck out like a sore thumb answered itself rather quickly. A man dressed far too extravagantly for someone from Sapporo and a woman with simpler clothes but dark red hair that nearly reached the floor.

Nako gave Berserker a knowing look, the Servant nodding. Nako wasn't the biggest fan of how quiet her Servant was, but at least it was a calm quiet. Not mindless screaming. Beggars can't be choosers.

“Hey there! You two look like you're in the mood for some excitement.” Nako yelled as she approached, knowing that no one else would hear her as she informally challenged their first opponents.

Soulmuse Soulmuse Lordxana0 Lordxana0

c64a5a2dccda09aa58c965fcf314dc72.png
Berserker
Ito Nako.jpg
Ito Nako
Nobody

Nobody. She knew why Mishima had chosen that code name but it was still insultingly low to be called such a thing. No, not called a thing, to be called less then a thing. Nobody rubbed her eyes with one hand as she internally complained about her code name and her first official task as the Mishima Church's aide de camp. To go on a wild goose chase to bring something to Elrose. To think! She might as well have been a carrier pigeon. She grumbled outwardly as her free hand pushed another takoyaki ball into her mouth. She had, in her anger, ordered the twenty four pack at the stand on the outskirt of the festival before beginning her 'mission'. Now the tray in her hand was half empty.

Did Mishima care that his kouhai was eating her misery away and trudging through the forest at night? No, of course not! He was busy talking to one of those oh-so-fancy Masters about the Holy Grail War. Oh, if only he wasn't there! He acted like his nonexistence would lead to them to tear all of humanity apart in the first couple seconds of not being supervised. She put another takoyaki ball in her mouth as she turned a corner on the trail and saw movement. On Hokkaido there was almost no predatory animals, which meant that whoever was ahead of her had to be a person. In the low light of the full moon she could just barely make out Elrose's ridiculous hair. Well, if she had to stalk the forest for her, it was only fair that she got to try and scare her.

Nobody took a step forward to call out when she realized that Elrose wasn't alone. She had gone up the mountain with Mishima and then Mishima had come back. So, who could Elrose have been with? One of her teammates? No, they contacted each other only through encrypted messages. One of the monks that Mishima wouldn't shut up about? Judging by how little she was wearing, either the monks were the focus of Mishima's attention for a very different reason or they weren't a monk. Which only left the most obvious reason to a high school girl. An affair. Well, time to ruin that. She popped another takoyaki ball into her mouth before surging forward.

“HEY ELROSE, WHO'S YOUR FRIEND? OHMYGAWD, ARE YOU OUT HERE IN THE FOREST HAVING AN ILLICT RENDEZVOUS WITH A STRANGE WOMAN?” Nobody shouted at the top of her lungs as she came out of the darkness of the night. Being a teenager had its perks, like being able to pick just the right attitude to be as annoying to someone as possible. Elrose hated people who were loud and said stupid things.

Nobody, who was only 5'6” and weighted in at a comfortable 100 lbs, figured that having a raving madwoman barrel at you shouting about an affair was enough to cause some kind of reaction. Her black school dress not helping to make her look any more friendly. Her near knee length hair whipping around wasn't helping either. As she drew closer, she was trying to get a better look at Elrose's company. She of course came to a halt only a few feet from them as she noticed it wasn't just a surfer chick. Skin tone and dress made it obvious it was a Servant.

Nobody flashed a toothy grin, spreading her youthful features and wide eyes into an near cheshire cat level of goofy smile. Elrose had summoned a Servant! Oh, the goading she could do now!

ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic MocaPoka MocaPoka

Nobody.png
Nobody

Archer
(Sapporo Outskirts - Edwin's Warehouse)

553ad0458c36484ee8855376ae40f205.jpg

To the mild surprise of Archer and his arched eyebrows, the man bowing before him seemed to possess a modicum of manners. Archer was particularly partial to etiquette and enjoyed the general social bureaucracy of a transactional power hierarchy. Of course, he always had to be at the top of the societal pyramid. There simply was no other role for him to play. Archer sniffed and looked away, dismissive airs ever-present as he strolled off lazily. His gait was slow and measured, taking his time to locomote with elegance. His voice carried back to Edwin with indulgent laze.

"Let us get on with this game. I will show you how kings wage war on the battlefield." There was a note of upbeat anticipation in his tone.

A knowing smirk. Archer continued slowly onwards to the exit of the warehouse, deigning not to wait for Edwin should he fail to follow. The human had actually proved to be quite courteous, by consideration or necessity: Archer cared not. Respect did not require affection of any kind, nor did he seek it. As a result, Archer felt he would indeed allow this man to accompany him. A thoughtful hum vibrated through his chest, pondering choices that danced in his mind's eye like leaves tossed in wind. He found himself distracted; considering what he would do if his master had indeed been of undesirable character.

Killing the master and searching for a new one was certainly possible for him, although such a task sounded insufferably taxing on his enthusiasm. Archer wanted to enjoy himself while he was here and spending his time browsing the selection of mages this town had to offer did not appeal much for want of pleasure fulfillment. There was plenty else in this land for him to indulge in, people-shopping was certainly not high on his list of entertainment planning. Archer almost considered himself lucky to not have been summoned by a rude or inelegant human, but then caught himself mentally and chuckled.

A king did not get lucky, of course. A king manifested their own luck.

Dragonruby Dragonruby

Caster

1521180968132 (2).png

Rebecca smiled at Elrose’s mispronunciation of her homeland. Old memories of her friends in London having the same difficulties coming to mind. She missed them…

Unsurprisingly with her current companion there were several differences in both of their understandings of lands, names, and terms. Rebecca hoped the Grail would supply her with the knowledge of anything critically important. Still, it would be a wise choice to find a book or two about the current lands and Tribes of the modern times. Not to mention she wanted to learn as much as she could about this new world and time.

“Tsenacommacah was the name of the lands I came from. My people were called the Powhatan.” Rebecca explained casually as she continued to walk by the taller woman’s side.

She was happy to learn that Elrose was an agent of the Church and even more so that her living life’s experience may be of some use. Still… was this not a Holy Grail war? That was the primary reason why she should have been summoned. She was happy to assist in a hunt, but that was not her primary purpose in being taken from the Great Earth. After all, it was dangerous and unwise to rely on those from the past to help solve current problems.

“What is the mission you and the Father are doing and what are you hunting? I don’t mind assisting the Church in a hunt, however… that is not the reason why the Grail and the Great Mystery have allowed me to manifest.” Caster said in an even softer voice than her norm.

Before her Master could respond a new presence was felt in the night. For a moment Caster consider taking action before forcing herself to stop. There was no reason for action on her part. The new presence was human and once the living soul came unto view Caster felt they had no ill will. It was young woman who seemed to care little for the quiet of night. Her voice and smile were both exuberant and Rebecca wondered if this was another Agent from the Church or simply a friend of Elrose from the town.

Regardless the girl’s accusation made the smallest of three women giggle and Rebecca mischievously decided to move closer to Elrose’s side as if to prove the strange woman’s accusation correct. Once she was touching Elrose’s shoulders, Rebecca flashed a happy smile back at the new arrival.

“Good Evening. A pleasant night for a rendezvous, isn’t it? My name is Rebecca, Ms?” Rebecca pleasantly greeted and trailed off as she asked the girl’s name.

ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic CatJones CatJones

Last edited:
Lucian Oliver Waters Sinclair

index.jpg

The air was nice and cool, quite the opposite than what he was used to back home. Despite the clouds in the sky, the moon illuminated everything around him, making a light unneeded. Lucian wiped the condensation from his glasses and put them back on then looked at his servant with a raised eyebrow. He had no idea where Rider had gotten those clothes but they were anything but normal or commonplace, at least where they were. No matter as long as they weren't stolen then he would let it slide. "Rider if your going to change clothes, did you really have to choose something as ostentatious as those. Remember it's best to not attract attention in the beginning of the war." They had been waiting for at most five minutes yet it felt like thirty.

Someone had entered the church before them, and if they were visiting at this time of day they were surely participants of the holy grail war as well. He swallowed the spit gathering in his mouth, he had been preparing for the grail for months yet he still felt nervous at the prospect of a fight, especially with a servant. The church was neutral ground, a sanctuary, all he had to do was request for aid and he was guaranteed safety. He shook his head, no wavering, be still and stand tall even in death. The war had already started and he must achieve his dream, simple it may be to some but it will take him far.

Reaching into his pocket he wrapped his hands around the small sheet of metal in his pocket. The wait was getting to him, he had stalled for long enough, surely a fight won't start in the church. "Enough waiting, Rider were going in and remember this is neutral ground, no fighting unless they make the first move. Take spirit form and be on your guard" Then with a deep breath he pushed the door open and entered the church.
Phayne Phayne
Hanarei Hanarei

Last edited:
Servant Lancer

Lancer stared at the approaching pair, tensing slightly. She tilted her head to her Master. “Either they are confident, or stupid.” She mumbled, low enough, before stuffing forwards, just a bit, putting herself forwards, and ready to fight. “And what makes you say that?” She stayed alert for such surprise attacks, but was not about to start a fight for now.

At a quick glance she couldn’t say who either of these people were, which mean neither her Master, nor Lancer herself wanted to pick a fight just yet. Maybe feel them out. Either way, she’d take that as it came, but already she could feel the long honed combat instincts coming forwards, taking in the area, picking our terrain, obstacles, hiding points, or ways to run, if it came to that. As her Master requested she would not plunge straight into battle just yet.
Lordxana0 Lordxana0 CatJones CatJones

Elrose

Caster-Rebecca was a more then kind enough to correct Elrose's butchering of her people lands name. Despite doing her best to memorize the pronunciation she already knew that if it came up later she would flub it again. She had no qualms against the Native American tribes but she had no idea how to pronounce a single word from their extremely unique lexicon. Her problems only doubled as Rebecca began to point out that being summoned to partake in a Holy Grail War was her first and primary responsibility.

Thankfully, their prey seemed to have a similar opinion since he had already admitted to having some subtle reason for wanting to observe the Grail War. Her best hope was that the idiot tried to get himself involved and subsequently dealt with by someone several ranks up on the universal power scale. Or if she got the chance to see what he was capable of without directly fighting him, all the better. She would be able to formulate a plan if that happened and thus increase her chances of success by a great margin.

And then, before she could explain to Rebecca her plan of watching their prey, her troubles tipled. Nobody arrived. No doubt she was there to deliver a message from Mishima. But since they had first met only eight hours ago Nobody was particularly aware that she was capable of grating on Elrose's nerves with reckless abandon. She did so, of course, by coming out of an area darkened by the canopy of the trees while shouting at them. She gave the appearance of a stark raving mad woman. Was that her goal? To make the two of them look stupid by having to communicate with her? Or was she hoping to embarrass her in front of her Servant?

Either way, Elrose began to speak, bringing a hand up to help in gesturing as she articulated, calmly and politely, that Nobody was in the wrong and not to put her nose to far into business that doesn't concern her-something touched her shoulder.

Craning her head to look down, Rebecca was now literally pressing up against her. In a way that made them look rather familiar with each other. Oh no, Elrose's mind screamed. Not only was Nobody an obnoxious child who made it her goal to annoy, by Rebecca was willing to humor her. For a brief moment Elrose was hoping that maybe Rebecca was doing it to safeguard her Master against a possible high school girl with a takoyaki tray level threat. Then Rebecca spoke and all but confirmed Nobodies idea at a bad joke.

The hand Elrose had lifted found its way to her face as she found some solace in the palm of her hand from the two mischievous women before her. It was going to be long Grail War at this rate.

CatJones CatJones MocaPoka MocaPoka

Father Mishima

Mishima listened intently as Zoey explained her understanding of their task. Certain facts were missing, but he was certain that it was more of a miscommunication then a lie of omission. The Holy Church was cautious with some information not being as widespread in its availability. For this reason, he wasn't to surprised that she wasn't aware of the Burial Agencies less then stellar involvement, among other things. He was pleasantly surprised by her Servants seeming willingness to assist in this undertaking.

His only concern was one that any Servant would have. They were summoned for the express purpose of fighting for the Grail, with the only notable exceptions being those associated with the Counter Force and Ruler class servants. He was curious if any Counter Force servants had been summoned, though he was also aware there was no way to tell the difference between the two aside from their intentions. With Servants, however, even their intentions could be hard to impossible to decipher. That aside, he figured it was best to simply pass on the instructions from their combined superiors rather then debate the notion with her Servant.

“Well, Assassin, that won't be a problem. You see, we already have people watching the monks at their hermitage in the mountains. We need more eyes in town rather then outside of it. Which means you'll really only be keeping track of the monks actions in town. I have reason to believe they will monitor the Holy Grail War, either at a distance or up close. Their actions need to be monitored and if they learn to much, then we follow tradition. Their lives will be considered forfeit. Furthermore-”

Mishima was about to continue when he abruptly stopped, taking a step towards the front doors of the church. Only a second after he did so, the doors opened. The first man he could see was dressed rather impeccable. No doubt, they were a Master as their late arrival at the Church was unusual for the locals. There was no reason to be rude to them despite them interrupting his meeting.

“Good evening. Welcome to my church, I am Father Mishima. How may I help you, my child?” He felt the practiced methodology of the church kick back in as he spoke to them like lost members of his congregation.

Hanarei Hanarei Lordxana0 Lordxana0 Phayne Phayne leonhardt231 leonhardt231

Last edited:
Nobody

Nobody put another takoyaki ball in her mouth as Elrose was struck silent from the display before her. The reaction was far less visceral then she had hoped. Oh, but this roguish Servant! The gleam in her eye was every bit as mischievous as her own. How could Elrose have summoned such a creature when she was so uptight? But the act was still ongoing and it would be rude to leave it unfinished. She took a sharp inhale as she prepared to continue to act a fool at the cost of Elrose's sanity.

“Oh my GAWD! I knew it. Elrose! You loose woman with the scruples of a common wren! You lead another pure woman from the path of wholesomeness. For shame!” Nobody continued, having lost her momentum and instead standing still as she yelled, another ball of takoyaki primed in her hands to ear as soon as she finished berating Elrose. After quickly eating and savoring it she turned her attention back to the stranger in their midst. The woman who was dressed like a surfer chick with the tanned skin and tattoos. Yes, obviously a woman who walked the path of a wholesome life.

Nobody balanced her tray of takoyaki in one hand as the other grabbed the side of her skirt and lifted it, only a few inches and to her side. One foot fell behind the other and she bent her knees outward. As part of her own addition, she leaned her upper torso to the left a little as she bent at the waist, trying to be 'moe'. It wasn't the best curtsy, but it would suffice.

“Rebecca. A very English name for a woman who appears very not British. Appearances deceive yet again it seems You may call me Nobody. Humble adventuress and sociable night owl of the Mishima Church. The pleasure is all mine.”

Now that introductions were out of the way, she saddled up to Elrose's other side, linking an arm around both Elrose and Rebecca and began pulling Rebecca tightly against Elrose and Elrose tightly against her self.

“Also, Mishima said not to go back to the Church in case people show up to talk to him. You know. Supervisory type things.”She passed her tray of takoyaki across the other two, letting them take some if they wanted. They were still warm after all.

ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic MocaPoka MocaPoka

Last edited:
Caster
1521180968132 (2).png

Rebecca was very amused with the current situation. She felt like she was with friends and few things in the world were better than being with friends.

She could feel the fairly tolerating exasperation from Elrose and the new arrival seemed to be in agreement with her that the teasing was fun. Rebecca fed off the yelling woman’s exclamations and joking mannerisms at Elrose’s expense and didn’t mind her loud words or overly friendly actions. The servant was also fascinated by the strange confections that the woman was holding, curious how food may have changed from the time that she was living.

The curtsy from the woman wasn’t the best that Rebecca had ever witnessed, but she appreciated the gesture regardless. The woman had a strange name however, “Nobody”, such a name seemed lonely. Regardless of the strange name, Nobody was a member of the Church, and so far, Rebecca had a good opinion of the exuberate woman.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Nobody. Thank you.” Rebecca said with a giggle to Nobody’s introduction. She happily let herself be squeeze and took a piece a Takoyaki. Chewing the strange food curiously she became absorbed in the foreign taste. It was warm and tasty. The giving of food was also a sign of friendship, further increasing Rebecca’s trust and high regard for Nobody.

ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic CatJones CatJones

Last edited:
a34824f1623d19191fae970747870e06.png

~Location~
The Church
~Mentions~
Mishima ExplosionMagic ExplosionMagic Hanarei Hanarei Lordxana0 Lordxana0 (Doesn't mention your characters, but you are at the church)
~Interactions~
Lucian leonhardt231 leonhardt231
gamer-kirishima-by-bobafiish.jpg
Standing alongside Lucian, the red hair of rider had been dimly lit by the moonlit sky above; the heroic servant appearing as nothing more than your average teenage boy beneath all the sorcery and glimmer that currently disguised his true form. The temptation to replicate the eye-wear of Lucian's however had not really taken hold as Rider observed his master wiping the condensation off, the modern day piece of attire seemingly proving to be more troublesome than everything else that Rider had currently reproduced, though considering how Lucian had reacted, it seemed that there had been fault somewhere.

"Is this not the attire of your era?" replied Rider, inspecting himself over, confident that he had replicated that teenagers clothing to perfection with his abilities, however Rider's question was more rhetorical than anything. He had merely replicated the boys clothing on a whim, the vibrant red colour of the teenagers jacket contrasting with his ink black hoody catching his eye. Even the jeans and sneakers that the boy wore had looked appealing though upon wearing the shoes, Rider had found his opinion quickly changing. Such footwear felt extremely constricting.

Not paying as much attention to the church as Lucian had been, Rider had instead focused more on their current surroundings; his senses working to their fullest as he tried to detect any sight, sound or scent of the other servants currently summoned upon the earth. Sight and Sound were his biggest allies in such a venture; the eager combatant hoping to catch sight of a fight in progress or at the very least hear the sound of various battle cries amidst the voice of the flowing wind, yet both had really failed to muster much excitement within Rider as neither detected much of any current activity taking place. Such disappointment was further exacerbated by the fact that Lucian had lead him towards the Church, Neutral Ground and perhaps the place furthest away from what Rider truly wished to gain during this whole Holy Grail War. Whilst Rider could not speak on behalf of the other Masters and Servants, the truth of the matter was that by simply being summoned as a participant of the war, his wish had already been granted; the desire to test his mettle against other heroes and to stand above them like he had done to many during his life. Currently his wish was being taken away from him and Rider could not hide the visual disapproval that was growing upon him as he fidgeted on the spot.

Things were only made worse upon Lucian's command; the mere fact that he had needed to remind Rider of not fighting on neutral ground was like his Master intentionally disregarding Rider's earlier proclamation. How would he fight the others when stuck upon Neutral ground? Was the plan to sit in safety until the very end? It would bring shame and disgrace if that were the case.

"I do not approve of this" voiced Rider, as he reluctantly complied and disappeared into spirit form. "I will remind you once and once only. I am here to fight and vanquish strong foes, not to hide within the safe compounds of the church. Best make this visit a quick one, for I have been known to be a man of little patience" came the incorporeal voice of the now spirit form Rider before he silently followed Lucian into the church where they were greeted by Father Mishima

Users who are viewing this thread

Back