• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Colosseum Fate/Rising (Completed)

Would You Be Interested In A Continuing Series of Tournament Role-Play?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's Complicated

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

White Masquerade

QuirkyAngel's Red Oni
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Fate.zero.full.1059244.jpg

General Info
Introduction

This thread is for those interested in the Fate Universe, whether with only a passing fancy, or a deeply-rooted interest. For a quite a few months now, I have been putting together an RP that simulates what happens during a "Holy Grail War". It was very difficult to transfer Fate mechanics into a system for an online RP, but I'd like to think I got the gist of it.

For those deep lovers of the Fate World, sorry if I left out anything important. I will try my best to incorporate what have skipped over in future RPs, if I like how this goes. To those with only a passing interest in the Fate Universe, no crazy knowing of lore is required. I created this to appeal casual watchers of the series, people who love strategy games (Chess/Battleship/Risk/Civilization/etc), and people who love the rush of competition RPs; all while keeping true to the world in the back of my mind.

This RP is 99% dice-less. Instead of using dice, I have chosen to go with a home-brew system to handle what goes on. The only time dice will be used, is when a Servant decides to use luck. For this reason, the RP is strategy-based. Unlike with dice, where you have to rely on luck and chance to come out on top, here, you will have to rely on your wits, social skills, attentiveness, and intuition to see you through. Back-stabbing, lying, bluffing, and trickery will be a MAJOR part of this RP, as only ONE person can win.

I will be setting u the RP from now, until it's official start, which should be around the middle of December. Most of the information about the rules, system, and character creation are up, so if you intend on participating, please make yourself familiar with them before we start. There is plenty of time. If you have any questions, please ask in the OOC.

RP Progression

If the RP turns out well, I will be creating follow-up RPs with changes you suggest to the system and the story. Yes, there will be a story. It won't be in-depth like a regular role-play, but there will be a flow of direction for what goes on. Right now, this Fate RP is divided into 4 tournaments with 3 acts each. Act 1 represents the servant-selection process. Act 2 represents the battle between contestants. Act 3 represents when the winners are met with the Holy Grail. The tournaments will play in this order:

1. Fate/Rising
  2. Fate/Freefall
  3. Fate/Bloodline
  4. Fate/Dynasty

Whether more are added, depends on if I get enough interest, or people to join in the games.

Ranked Matches

As a heads up, all of these RPs will be ranked matches that officially count for points in RPNation's Colosseum. If you want to make a few points, while pitting your wits against 13 other people, then this is an RP you should try. The system is not complicated and I will ban posts longer than 3 paragraphs, so the reading won't be intense. Again, you don't need to to know much about the Fate-Universe. You only need to be able to do basic math, read rules, and ask questions when you don't get something.

This role-play is opening up early to give those interested a good look at the rules, and if they want to participate, some time to decide whether they want to make a master or servant. If you have any questions about anything please let me know. Master Creation & Selection will begin at the end of November, while Servant Creation & Selection will begin as soon as the Masters are chosen. Depending on interest, I may move the Master Selection earlier, or cancel the RP if I do not get enough people. If all goes well, the RP should begin in the middle of December and finish by the New Year. This is a "trying-it-out" RP, so I will be limiting how long replies are, so we can finish quickly.

Tags

I would love to have new users, as I love meeting and RP'ing with new people, but I must tag a few who have shown prior interest, and others who participated in what I based this off of (thank you!). If I tag you, no need to join or say anything here. Just wanted to make sure I at least said something before I get yelled later on.

Universe Crown:

@The Servant , @Naruyashan , @Black Masquerade , @Cross_Rhodes , @Refaulted , @Silent Howling ,@LifeNovel ,

Hey all, this RP is similar to the Universe Crown but made for a special Fandom world. If you enjoyed that RP, this will be kind of the same thing.

Idea-Stage:

@Hux, @The One Eyed Bandit , @Archer , @QuirkyAngel , @cojemo

Hey. The final part I was adding onto the Noble Phantasms are finished. There are 23 different total Phantasms effects to choose from (25 if playing Caster-Class). Luck has been added and Servant/Master Example character sheets are up.

Advice (Thank You So Much!):

@Sargon , @CRiTiCAL ERR0R , @Stir, @sambodean

Hello to you. Once again I want to say thanks. Could not have gotten this far without help from you all. I like what I made! It's not perfect, but I am very happy with how it came out. Thank you!

General Interest:

@Red , @FewUtherClockKlik , @BLUR

I'm running out of things to say. Hey. You were probably in the middle, needed more information before deciding? Here it is.

Finished

What Am I looking For?

Even though it's 98% finished, I am still looking for a few things and suggestions. If anyone has Noble Phantasm effects they want me to add in, please let me know and I'll see if they fit. Also, if you want to throw in your skill with BBCode, I would appreciate it. The RP presentation could be better. I will be making a status screen to keep track of the players, so BBcoding would be a definite plus.

To everyone else, I hope this RP isn't too scary or too complicated to understand for you. Tried my best to make it easy. If you wanted to take a break from story-driven RPs and try something new, take a look. This is a nice fusion of story, game, and cinematic.

Unfilled Spots

Masters

1. (Common) Fernanda De Mello @White Masquerade
  2. (Novice) Cerise Hazen @LifeNovel
  3. (None) Claire Valentine @QuirkyAngel
  4. (Common) Marco Vaughn @Kalin Scarlet
  5. (Noble) Jenevia Stark @Cross_Rhodes
  6. (Noble) Yuri Makiri @Naruyashan
  7. (Novice) Seven @Black Masquerade

Servants

1. (1 AD - 300 AD) (Closed)
  2. (1 AD - 300 AD) (Closed)
  3. (301 AD -600 AD) (Closed)
  4. (901 AD - 1200 AD) (Closed)
  5. (1201 AD - 1500 AD) (Open)
  6. (1501 AD - 1800 AD) (Closed)
  7. (1801 AD - Present) (Closed)

Servant Classes

• Caster (Closed)
  • Rider (Closed)
  • Saber
  • Assassin (Closed)
  • Berserker (Closed)
  • Lancer (Closed)
  • Archer (Closed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heehee that's right you have better tagged me! :D

Mmmm yes Universe Crown days...those were fun days...

I would love to join this! I've been searching for a Fate/ role play for a while. Pls, plsplspls let me join! ;3;

(:3)(:3)(:3)(<3.<3)

@LifeNovel

Definitely! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. I had a blast with it. I so wanted to kill you and Killua though, haha. *shuts mouth really fast*. If I have it in me, I'll do a second one. Don't know when though.

@Refaulted

No worries. Take your time, Ref. I put this up extremely early to see where everyone was at on it.

@Red

Yup. Servant Selection is after Masters are chosen, so you'll have to wait a bit. But you'll at least see what masters there are. I'll be playing the Brazilian that's in the example.

@Kalin Scarlet

Sure thing. I'll be doing a full one, so need 7 Servants and 7 Masters. Did you know which you wanted to do?

I wouldn't mind either position. I would be interested in a servant position, but if you find yourself in need of a master, I'd be fine signing up there.

@White Masquerade

@Red

Aha, trust me, it looks like a lot for a master, but it's worth it. Though I will say, they have more responsibility then the servant.

@LifeNovel

Yup. I an assign the lineages right now so you know what you're working with.

@Kalin Scarlet

Up to you! It's a cool experience playing as either Master of Servant. If you want to bash people's heads in, be a protector, or like historical figures, play servant. If you want to be the one to plan strategies and make deals with other players, go Master.

Alrighty I guess that's a yes then White? I'd like to sign up as a Master~

LifeNovel said:
Alrighty I guess that's a yes then White? I'd like to sign up as a Master~
Okay. The results are in the dice roller on the site for proof but here we go.

Your Master has Novice Lineage. So kind of new magic family.

I got Common lineage.

So I'm already a step ahead of you, Life =P.

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]Okay. The results are in the dice roller on the site for proof but here we go.
Your Master has Novice Lineage. So kind of new magic family.

I got Common lineage.

So I'm already a step ahead of you, Life =P.

[/QUOTE]
2784079_1339412894058.41res_450_360.jpg

You're so mean White...you just want to see me suffer eh? Is it cause Killua was too cool for you?

@LifeNovel

No, no, haha. I was just really jealous of you =) When I saw what you picked, I was like, "Aw man! Life is so smart!" It really got me thinking about who I could pick. I wanted to switch from Yoruichi to Ash Ketchum =P

@QuirkyAngel

Hello Quirk! You won't regret it! Master is funner than it looks!

Ouch. Your Master has no Magic Lineage =/

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]
Ouch. Your Master has no Magic Lineage =/

[/QUOTE]
The greater the challenge, the more satisfied I'll be when I win (> :) )

QuirkyAngel said:
The greater the challenge, the more satisfied I'll be when I win (> :) )
I like the attitude. Just hope you don't get paired with a Berserker. (BP)

You'll be assigning time periods/eras too right? You gonna decide on that after the masters are set? I'm actually hoping for a specific era/legend

Red said:
You'll be assigning time periods/eras too right? You gonna decide on that after the masters are set? I'm actually hoping for a specific era/legend
I will put up 7 random eras and you yourself will PM me which one you'll take. Once an era is taken, I'll list it as closed. Please don't make it public! I want servants super secret.

Maybe... I've watched bits and pieces of this anime.

The servant role might be fun...

(still looking for a roleplay to join... I'll just read a lot more into it.)

@Kalin Scarlet

Score (o'v'o) Did I sell the master spot well? xD

Nice luck. Your master has common lineage. I'm still looking for that noble!

@Black Masquerade

Take your time, think about it and decide if you'll enjoy it. You have a whole 8-9 days :5/5:

@Red

Haha. If you want me to put up the eras now, I can

White Masquerade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/15598-kalin-scarlet/ said:
@Kalin Scarlet[/URL]
Score (o'v'o) Did I sell the master spot well? xD

Nice luck. Your master has common lineage. I'm still looking for that noble!

@Black Masquerade

Take your time, think about it and decide if you'll enjoy it. You have a whole 8-9 days :5/5:

@Red

Haha. If you want me to put up the eras now, I can
Gooooooo

[QUOTE="Black Masquerade]Maybe... I've watched bits and pieces of this anime.
The servant role might be fun...

(still looking for a roleplay to join... I'll just read a lot more into it.)

[/QUOTE]
Join Black join~

C'mon you know you want to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back