• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate / Human Order

HTCOR

RP Junkie
Fate/Human Order

Year Two Thousand and Fourteen

During this year in history, a grand issue was found. Alaya, the manifestation of Human Life, would die within two years, and it would fade suddenly. All remnants of Humanity was suddenly gone at the year 2017. This was discovered utilizing the CHALDEAS, a device made from a mixture of magecraft and technology, and utilized to view the past and future of the world. In response to this, a specialized unit of people were gathered to prevent such. Utilizing technology borrowed from Altas, they would begin the process of their mission, to discover and eliminate that which causes the end of humanity itself.

Whereas the root of this organization lies within the hands of the Animusphere Family, and their primary facility named 'Chaldea', there would be a secondary facility. This one is named "Thule", and possessed a secondary set of facilities, including part of the Greater Grail to help enable one to summon the Heroic Spirits of the past.

Within the facility is a set of areas, from a kitchen and mess hall, personal rooms, and even a target practice area for Servants to practice their marksmanship. Far off in the winter cold is a sparring arena, where Servants can fight each other in the chill.

Generally, this story begins in the area where the Summoning Circle is, utilizing a specialized artifact, where many heroes were found to assemble- the helm of the Argo.

There, the Director awaits for the two masters he inquired for, as to enable them to summon their Servants. Their purpose will be to clean up afterwards, or in other words- to be the Janitors of Chaldea, enabling Chaldea to work on a far quicker and better basis.

General Rules

1) Don't feel afraid to inquire about something to the GM, or even to work with them to fix something you view as an error.

2) If you are going to play a character who has major traits to them, please attempt to stay in character up to a point.

3) You may twist, alter, and change the story of a Heroic Spirit up to a point. Generally try to stick to the story somewhat, but this doesn't mean you can't genderbend a hero, or even change a major point in their history, such as Bedivere not throwing Excalibur into the Lake.

4) Be willing to cooperate up to a point. If you're going to play a character who fights with everyone but their master, go straight ahead- just be aware you're probably going to need to cooperate at some point.

5) Try for a minimum of one paragraph per post, please.

6) Generally a Servant will be slightly weaker than you initially made them. Do leave room for development in all types of characters- from physical strength to be enhanced, to personality.

7) Death can occur. Don't expect it not to.

OOC Information

This is a Fate/Grand Order RP. It will be a mixture of Slice of Life and Combat.

Notes to be aware of- Servants are far above humans in their physical natures. If need be, a direct scale can be arranged. However, Willpower and Combat Skills are generally not different among the two, except agility and strength trump them grandly. To put it into comparsion, an A Rank Human is an E Rank Servant in strength and agility.

Iskandar Iskandar Girouette Girouette Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet hudhouse hudhouse Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

Director Gnosis
Within the Thule Facility
As the director paced through the facility, his footsteps echoing through the empty halls. There wasn't much activity currently, but he understood there would be servants pacing the halls soon. His eyes drifted about, looking around the sterile walls. His pace brought him to the center of Thule within minutes, where the Servants were summoned. His eyes fogged up slightly, recalling his own presence there, years ago. It was a wonderful place, and a horrid memory- binding spirit to flesh, turning immortal soul in a flesh and blood body.

His eyes drifted over to Cardes, the master he had been assigned. One of the few that had been able to be drawn out of the cyrogenic chambers, and thawed back to health. It was nothing short of a miracle they were able to recover the man. He gave a brief nod to him, as Cardes got to see the man in full for once-

The Director wasn't that tall, but he was certainly looking to be a dark sort. He wore a Victorian horseback riding coat, made of double layered black linen. Underneath that was a vest, shirt, tie, pants and boots. His gunmetal blue eyes watched the Succubus and Human hybrid, before he would give him a brief nod.

"Cardes. Welcome to Thule. I'm sorry for having the machines take care of you for the majority of the time, and only being able to visit you now. But hopefully, you can have a better time now, with a Servant able to be summoned- or a series of Servants. I've had the summoning chamber set up for you, with the Wheel of Argo already in place. So I hope you have your Aria ready for this." To be put simply, Cardes would have been made aware of Gnosis' nature as a homunculus, but there wasn't much to see from it- he certainly wasn't an Einzbern one, as he wasn't pale with red eyes.

Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Cardes

As the machines did their work, bringing him back up to a stable condition, Cardes couldn't help but sigh at how much of a bore it was, his first time. It was tight, unaccommodating, wet, and cold. Indeed, the young magus found that experience to be the worst. At that moment, Cardes made a mental note to himself to discuss possible improvements to the cryogenic freezing chambers to hand off to the R&D department.

Standing up as the machines finished their work, Cardes was greeted by the presence of the operation's director. He stood slightly taller than Cardes, and dressed in an older, formal style that he couldn't really appreciate, not living in a time machine. He smiled softly as his boss addressed him, and he bowed in response.

"There's nothing to apologize for, Director. Honestly, I'm kind of thankful for the mechanical assistance. Had these been normal people, in the worn out state I found myself in...I'm fairly sure it would have been quite the incident. And I get the feeling you could do without more of those. Do you mind giving me an update of matters since I went to sleep, on the way? I just want to keep up to date on our progress..." Cardes asked, massaging his wrists gently.

HTCOR HTCOR

Director Gnosis
The Director took a moment to take in a deep breath, before looking around the room. Considering Cardes was the only one out of a cryogenic tube, and there wasn't anyone else in the room with him, it was sadly evident what was going on. "An explosion occurred. Almost all of the masters were taken out at Chaldea- the most salvageable were brought here, namely you. I'll be honest...I don't have high hopes for most people to survive. And considering that we're two of the very few organic beings currently able to function within this facility, the situation overall is dire."

The Director would begin to walk past him, "As for who we are, we are...how to put this? We are Chaldea's Support and Janitors. Meaning while they deal with the big issues, we deal with the small issues that crop up after them, such as stray Servants that were summoned." the man took another moment to breath, talking on "And we discovered that Chaldea was betrayed from within. A primary investor had decided to take us out- and Chaldea's Director is dead due to such. The only remaining upper rank staff member that was assigned there is now the Director of Chaldea. I wasn't...honestly expecting to be called into service." A scowl formed on his face.

And so he turned back to face Cardes.
"And so we need to work on a horrid time limit. We have to deal with minor issues that crop up in the first Singularity that was discovered. It was...Fuyuki City, Japan, two thousand four AD. We'll need to be prepared to initiate the process whenever you feel you are rested. The primary issue in it was fixed, thankfully."

Charles Ogier de Batz de Castelmore, Comte d'Artagnan

Suddenly, the nearest door was blown open by a powerful kick. It was almost a deliberate kick. One that was created only to attract those nearby and to grasp their attention within the foot of the kicker.

The person that just kicked the door down stepped out, wearing a Capitano hat with white, blue, but predominantly red colors on it. On his shoulders, a blue tabbard decorated with white lily and flower patterns. Underneath it was a very elegant, black doublet and at the figure's side, a double-strap belt. In the scabbard was a neatly decorated rapier, and on the pommel laid a hand coated in a black leather swordsman glove. At his feet, there was a pair of rugged cavalier boots of brown, leather skin. The man stood at average height, but his facial features were striking and beautiful. His eloquent, yet fierce and prideful gaze contrasted to the pale smirk on his lips. His eyes were a lemon yellow color and his skin bore a creamy, pale complexion. His hair was something between a soft white and a light blonde.

"It is I, Charles Ogier de Batz de Castelmore, Comte du Artagnan!" His hand flew into the air sharply with an open palm, gesturing toward the Director and Gnosis swiftly as the man bowed. "You may now applaud me," he closed his eyes with a smirk, expecting an ovation for his entry. If pride was radiation, then this man was like a leaking nuclear reactor. As soon as he said that, he changed his mind.

"Actually, no. Do not waste your soft hands, for I have business here to be settled! I have no time for silly entrance ceremonies," he walked a few steps forward and pointed his finger, almost accusingly at Gnosis. "You! You must be the leader here! Where is the enemy?! I demand the most difficult of foes to overcome! Alas, that is the burden of a hero... As such, I demand a penance! I demand you to throw your toughest of adversaries at me!!! With my trusty rapier, I will thrusteth them into oblivion!" He drew his sword and slashed it once across the floor. Sparks flew to the right and left, leaving behind a neat hole in the metallic surface the sword just ran over.

This guy isn't slowing down.

HTCOR HTCOR Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Calthe
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

What the fuck?

WHAT THE FUCKING S-
If you were a mind reader with exceptionally acute perception to all thoughts in the area of a facility mostly devoid of life, your mind would now be ringing with obscenities.

The obscenities, if you were a mind reader with exceptionally acute perception that could also locate specific people, your mind would point you towards a cryo-pod that looked like all the others, lightless, unmoving...And now being broken open from the inside.

This was supposed to be easy! EASY! Walk in, find him, and walk out! This place wasn't even that secure! How the fuck did I end up in a box! HOW THE FUCK DID I END UP IN THIS BOX?

With a final thought of profanity, she was able to kick open the door of the cryo-freezer she had been stuffed in and jump out into a...Surprisingly dark room...The storage for all the pods that had been deemed as malfunctioned and dead, if she was aware of that.

With a groan, she pushed her way through the dark room and out...Somewhere, she was certainly going to figure out why she'd woken up in a cold, metal coffin...

If she was aware of her situation, she would know she was in a hallway of the Thule facility for Chaldea, where she had been shipped after the world ended (Something she'd know if she hadn't survived by accidentally falling into a box.), She would know that she was about to stumble into very center of the facility where the standing director and other surviving human had gathered, and she would most importantly know how to get there.

She wasn't aware, so she just slumped and ran through the hallways mindlessly yelling obscenities and kicking walls, benches, and trash-bins until she found it.

Moses
Caire, Egypt

It was the ninth day. The streets of Caire were on fire: huge locusts were biting the skin off of the people, frogs were sullying the waters with their bodily wastes and flaming rocks descended from the sky onto the rock buildings.

"Brother! This was my home!" Moses exclaimed, turning over to the burning city behind him. Yells and cries for help came from the streets of Caire, mostly erupting from young children seeking their parents.

"
All this pain and devastation...can't you see how it tortures me inside?!" He yelled at him, his expression clearly full of anger and disappointment towards his step-brother.

Ramses groaned deeply and shook his head, "
Don't you see all the innocents who suffer? JUST...FROM YOUR STUBBORNNESS AND PRIDE!" He screamed at him, sitting down, covering his face with his hands as tears flowed down his face.

"
And even now...I wish that God had chosen another to serve as your foe on his behalf! This is the last thing that I wanted, Ramses!" He exclaimed, staring into his brother's eyes as he turned his gaze back at him. Ramses shook his head and turned towards him abruptly.

"
You, who I called brother! How could you have come to hate me so?! IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?!" He shouted at him, spitting saliva everywhere: he clearly didn't care about restraint. He clenched his fists and took off his Pharaoh hat, tossing it to the side.

"
LET MY HEART BE HARDENED, AND NEVER MIND HOW HIGH THE COST MAY GROW, MOSES!" He shouted at him again. Moses couldn't muster the courage to look him in the eye now. Ramses just kept on screaming, "I WILL NEVER - AND I REPEAT, NEVER - LET YOUR PEOPLE GO! THEY ARE MY SLAVES AND THUS THEY WILL REMAIN SUCH!" He shouted again. The metaphorical clock was ticking as midnight slowly approached. Moses looked up at him with an expression full of sadness as tears streamed down from his eyes,

"
Brother, please...you don't know what you're facing..." Moses uttered out as if he was powerless to do anything. Three minutes until midnight. "A word will suffice..." Moses whispered again, looking up at his brother as the last spark of belief glowed in his eyes -- but Ramses shook his head. "No, Moses. Leave. I don't want to have to kill you too." He said. Moses got up and grabbed his staff, slamming it into the ground. The wind started howling as his expression became more serious than ever.

"
Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who rules the land to the firstborn children of female slaves who use their handmills, including every firstborn domestic animal.There will be loud crying throughout Egypt, such as there has never been or ever will be again. Thus saith the Lord!" And as he said the last four words, he slammed his staff on the ground once again, the wind suddenly stopped and silence spread throughout Caire, leaving its place to the calming, ever-present sound of the burning buildings.

Moses opened his eyes.

He found himself into a comfortingly warm bed, hugged tightly by the plain white blankets that covered his entire body and wrapped around it like a cocoon.

"
Hngh...that nightmare again..." He groaned out to himself, slowly uncovering himself to sit up on the mattress, looking around. A knock on the door was heard.

"
U-uhm, c-come in." He stuttered, rubbing his eyes to see more clearly as the moody lights slowly got more intense to not shock the eyes too much. A homunculus woman with white clothing and a black apron came in with a cup of tea,

"
It's for you, Caster." She said emotionlessly, setting the cup onto a small table, leaving the room with a small wave of her hand. "Thank you kindly," Moses responded, reaching for the cup of tea, taking a few sips from it, setting it down onto the table again. He got up from the bed and put on his sandals, leaving his room to get into the hallway as the cold air made him shiver. The temperature in his room was much more comforting and the cold of the hallway wasn't that relaxing. He looked around, comforted to see nobody. He hated it when people were loud around him after waking up.

Birdsie Birdsie Girouette Girouette HTCOR HTCOR Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Last edited:
Director Gnosis
Within the Thule Facility Summoning Room
The Director's hand whipped out to the side, as if to form a spectral weapon upon the Servant entering the room- but not much after, he would relax. His arms would cross, as he cocked his head towards the newcomer. "Cardes. Say hello to...Saber. Pardon my inability to say your full name, but it is too glorious for a mortal such as I to speak it." There was a distinct degree of friendliness to his tone, and it certainly helped ease the tension he was gaining from this prideful being. Matter of fact, it clashed with his own pride- his as a King. But that was an entirely different matter, and so he would treat them like another King from his time. Saber had earned his place on the Throne, just as others had.

So the Director would give him a cheerful grin, his entire demeanor turning around as he walked up to them. "Artagnan, if you would like, one of the next Servants who come out may challenge you outdoors in the winter chill? Most of our current Servants don't enjoy the challenge such as you do, and it greatly shames me to tell you that we fight not the greatest of foes, but the largest amount of foes. So while one may fight high tier foes, and not the highest- we fight the most of the high tier enemies. We are charged with the task of destroying everything but the biggest issue- so we are glorious enough to not select one fight... we take all but one!" By the end of his speech, one could feel almost a lightening of their soul, a mystical effect of sorts that helped boost the abilities of Servants- and especially the mortals within the room.

Birdsie Birdsie

Charles smiled at the show of friendliness, waving dismissively in the director's general direction."Ah, no, no! I understand! I admit that my name is above average length. Simply call me Charles d'Artagnan, or simply Saber will suffice when we are under duress!" As prideful as he was, Charles could admit to a few mishaps and flaws about himself. While his enthusiasm and fervor were most welcome, he knew that sometimes it simply went too overboard. Sometimes, when his excitement and recklessness peaked at their zenith, he did very stupid things. Then again, he wasn't about to go off blabbering about his flaws.

"Most excellent! It will be refreshing to face another great hero in combat. I am very excited to spar with them whenever possible!" Charles laid his hands on the director's shoulders and pat him on one of them. Although visibly he was holding back the immense strength of his arms, it still felt like being lightly hit by a nigh peak-human weightlifter.

He then listened to the director's short speech about selectively fighting their combatants. "Ah, that's very sad! Very unfortunate! How am I, Charles Ogier de Batz de Castlemore, Comte d'Artagnan to display my Noble Phantasm without the greatest of foes in the greatest quantities available to me?! It is the true nature of my Noble Phantasm that allows me to overcome the disadvantage so long as I hold the same rejuvenating faith that I held in life! And as you can see, my zeal will not burn away easily!" As he spoke, d'Artagnan kept making gestures with his hands. One of the most common ones were him clutching his fingers as to represent his heart being grasped by the terror of this assignment. His voice was full of pronounced grief, yet you could tell some of it was purposefully dramatic. The feeling he conveyed was indeed that it was a sad circumstance, but not one to necessarily cry over.

"Well, no matter," he laid his right hand on his hat and adjusted it slightly. "It is a part of my duty as a hero of men, and defender of the innocent to overcome any disadvantage that the world throws at me! Even if their quantity rather than quality is superior." Saber's charisma was very pronounced. He had a small aura of pride and friendship to him, and although generally likable, the aura lacked any intense supernatural effects to it.

Charles moved close to Director Gnosis and performed the la bise ritual. Charles 'kissed' the director's cheek, or rather, simply made their cheeks touch and made a kissing noise. "Mwah!" before 'kissing' the other cheek the same way. "Mwah!" As such, he avoided planting a wet one on the director's cheek, probably knowing that things like these were only common in French culture due to the knowledge he received and wanting to avoid any unpleasantries. He pat the director on the side of the shoulder again, with the same amount of strength as before.

"Regardless, I accept your cause as mine, as I find it sufficiently honorable. My dear friend, what is your name?" he asked of the director. Then, he turned to Cardes and moved closer to him. Charles pat Cardes on the shoulder again, as if they were old friends and repeated the la bise on him, with about as much care not to plant a wet one as with the director. "And you must be Cardes, myes?! It is good to meet you, gentlemen!"

Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet HTCOR HTCOR

Moses

Moses was still half asleep as he walked through the cold hallways of the facility. He yawned and stretched, smacking his lips a few times. As he came into the main room, he looked at the director, Cardes and Charles d'Artagnan. He looked at them and waved, "Shalom." He greeted them in a very plain tone, smiling meekly. He clicked his fingers and a wooden staff appeared out of nowhere. he grabbed onto it and used it to support some of his weight. Soon later, he snapped his fingers again and a stone tablet the size of an iPad materialized out of thin air, setting itself under Moses' arm.

"
Have you slept well?" He asked, as his smile got wider and wider. The sleepiness slowly faded only to be left by his usual cheerful behavior. He gazed at Charles and tilted his head,

"
I have never seen you around, friend. Who are you, peculiar fellow?" He asked in a rather curious tone as his eyes scanned him from head to toes.

Birdsie Birdsie HTCOR HTCOR Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Calthe
It would, if she was in a sensible mood, occur to her that it was odd that she had woken up in a box with all her possessions, pouches, clothes, and was able to actually get out of the box she was in, and from this she would rationally figure that she hadn't been forcefully brought somewhere, and that she should plan logically for how to traverse these halls.

She was not in a sensible mind, as evidenced by the fact that she was running her sword across the metal wall, carving large letters that most likely spelled something particularly obscene to express her frustration at being lost in a maze of halls and lack of understanding of the situation.

Eventually, after at least seven more insulting etchings, she slumped over in the halls and groaned, speaking aloud as she was fairly certain she'd somehow gotten shipped to an uninhabited building to starve to death...An overly dramatic thought, yes, but she just ran around a building fucking up the walls and furniture, she deserved a dramatic respite to clear her head.

"
God....Fucking...This is what I get? Huh? Is this the security fucking Chaldea has? Kicking people into a building to go crazy! I must have been here for hours already! Hours! Damnit!"

She had been meaning to get a watch for awhile, but it probably wouldn't help her perception of time in this particular situation.

"I totally deserve this! Okay! I learned my lesson! Don't sneak into super secret magus...Clubs or whatever the hell....Augh, fucking idiotic Magus! Can't you just put security guards outside!?

After another five minutes of begrudging groaning and punching the wall, she realized that the door she had just sat down across had light leaking through the crack, and when she quieted down from her ranting she realized there was actual words coming from it.

"Well fuck."

She found it locked by some kind of key card mechanism, causing the ranting to begin again, and the door to be attempted to be preyed open...Which to her dismay, was far out of reach for her meager strength, so she reluctantly folded away from the door and most likely decided to wait for someone to come out of it, where she'd probably try to jump them and figuring out what was going on, adopting a calmer approach to the circumstance and composing herself.

Which was definitely not what she did, and she geared up to fully slam her body into the metal door (Which, if not for luck, would most likely have shattered her shoulder.) coincidentally lucky enough to pass her hand over the "Key-card Reader" (She had assumed it was), and sent the door opening by a motion activated mechanism, and tumble into the room with the strength of a full force charge, causing the hooded girl, sheathed sword on her back, almost aggressively vibrant and varied dyed hair, and a collection of small vials and bags to roll out onto the floor of the main room, interrupting whatever the current speaker was saying with her sudden and violent entrance.

She stood up quickly enough, with a deft roll that was clearly far too practiced for someone with regularly stable balance, and swung her finger forward to point at the group of people gathered...Who looked far too eccentric and pompous for her liking (Which was a bit hypocritical, but that's not something to tell her without risk of having your walls scratched up with vulgar graffiti and words)

"Shit that hur-....FUCKING...! Finally! Some people! Where the hell am I? This is so not okay! You god-damn magus fucks better have a good explanation for this!"

She probably thought she looked scary.

HTCOR HTCOR Birdsie Birdsie Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Last edited:
Cardes

Cardes' arm shot straight to his hip as the door was kicked out and the man he came to know as Saber made his way into the room. He realized quickly that he wasn't properly equipped to engage a foe so soon; indeed, he didn't have any equipment on hand to speak of. Just as he started to consider using /that/ skill, the director introduced and addressed the Servant's desire for battle.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Saber. I hope to get along well wit-gah!"

Cardes stiffened up slightly as the servant came close, placing fake kisses on his cheeks. Had he been armed, it was likely that Cardes would have attacked d'Artagnan immediately. As it was, he could only feel a pang of embarassment as Saber stepped back, and another servant walked in.

"U-uh, hello! Im Cardes, one of the master candidates for Thule's coming operations. Nice to meet yo-"

A crash rang out, and another person found themselves amongst the growing group. A woman, this time. Cardes sighed, and decided he would hold off on introductions just a bit longer...

He also thought she was a rude person with a dirty mouth, and didn't feel the need to show her that courtesy just yet.

Birdsie Birdsie HTCOR HTCOR Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
Girouette Girouette

The Director
Thule Summoning Center
The Director sighed, looking over the newcomer. It wasn't more than a moment before he flashed a smile to Moses, somewhat apologetic. Oddly enough, Moses might note something unique about him. There was the feeling of royalty around him, muffled and shrouded beneath many layers that none except the most keen of eyes wouldn't notice. And so he would walk towards Calthe. "I could ask the same of someone arrogant enough to burst into a room of Servants and swear at them..." His entire voice was filled with mirth, as he looked over the strange person. "But to the point. Welcome to Thule, whoever you might be- I don't recall you from the rosters." His eyebrow quirked up, keeping a steady pose as his arms crossed.

Say what you will, but at the moment, even if his voice sounded amused and his appearance made him seem amused, a faint little sense in the back of most sane people's heads began to ring as irritation slowly swelled up in the poor man. He wasn't wanting to deal with Masters like this, nor staff with this sort of ego. "And I hope I don't need to put you into your place without your consent."

Girouette Girouette
Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
Birdsie Birdsie

Charles turned back into the direction of Caster and flashed his teeth at him, smiling. He instantly recognized Moses as a fellow Servant. "None other than Charles Ogier de Batz de Castelmore, Comte d'Artagnan, but Saber will suffice! Great to------" CRASH.

Someone came into the room. A woman? Indeed, this one seemed to be... speaking about sexual interaction? Charles didn't fully understand the modern slang, but he understood that she had a potty mouth and saying 'fuck' wasn't polite. "Hold it, lady! Such language is unbefitting of a beautiful maiden like yourself!" Charles pointed with his left hand whilst gesturing with the other to the side in a furious manner. "As a lawful keeper of the civic peace, I will have to remove you from the location if the lord of this domain deems it needed!" He laid his left hand on the pommel of his sword, showing that he was left-handed.

Saber looked to the side and waited for a command from the director, ready to arrest the persecutor or to let her off the hook with the slightest gesture from his new liege.

Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet HTCOR HTCOR Girouette Girouette Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Cyrus the Great!
Summoning Themselves -> Thule Summoning Center​

While most of the players had finally gathered at Thule and the crowd had become sizable enough for the Kings of Kings to make her appearance! A massive summoning circle appeared on the ground and encompassed most of the floors room. It was a bright and blinding blue, and continued to get brighter and brighter as the Servant was summoned. Flashes of blue lightening now began to erupt around the circle's edges, though they were mostly just for show and didn't do any harm to anyone in the room. And then... there was only one word to describe the summoning... "Golden." The entire room lit up into a beautiful Gold Color and was very reminiscent to Nero's Gold Theatre, sadly not as grand though. In the middle of the room stood a woman, she was tall standing at about five foot ten. She had a slim build with toned muscles and tanned skin, purple hair and an eyepatch covering her right eye. Small specks of gold floated around and near her as she flashed a massive grin at the group of people in the room.

"Worry not! For I have arrived! Discard your doubts and remember, I shall always fight for Justice with a Smile!" Cyrus loudly proclaimed as she lifted up her arms and spread them, almost as if she was a certain priest, "I am Cyrus the Great! The King of Kings! I united the four corners of the Earth! I am the Greatest King to Rule the world!" Her grin just got larger as she continued on her speech before lowering her arms and looking at the humans and two other servants. Her steps were loud, thunderous even as she walked towards one of the men in the room. Her eye narrowed as she approached Cardes and lifted him up by his chin with one arm as if he weighed nothing. Cyrus examined the man before sniffing and almost scowling, "You... are not fit to be my master." She lowered the man and slowly patted his head, "Apologies." She offered a warm smile before looking around the room once more.

Cyrus spotted her target, a rather obscene looking girl who(Cyrus did not know) was rather obscene. Cyrus once more slowly walked over to the person, this time the aforementioned girl. Upon reaching the girl Cyrus somewhat towered over her and looked down at her. Surprisingly enough though, Cyrus began to measure Calthe's height and then her waist before moving to feel if she had any notable muscles. After... examining Calthe Cyrus slowly nodded to herself, her one eye closed before leaning in towards Calthe's face. A rather small and playful grin was on Cyrus' face before she mouthed, "Sorry" towards Calthe. BAM! A gust of air could be felt pass by Calthe as Cyrus dug her fist into the girls stomach. Now to a human it would hurt like hell, it wouldn't kill Calthe or even have any long term effects, but it still hurt. To another servant it would most likely feel like a playful punch, the kind you see when two people play fight.

"Good! I like this one! She is fit to be my master! Fear not, Master. For Cyrus the Great is here for you!" Was the last sentence Cyrus said before turning on her heel and looking at the group, offering a small bow and smile. She of course 'forgot' to apologize to Calthe for punching her.

Girouette Girouette Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet HTCOR HTCOR Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Moses
Moses greeted everyone, raising his hand and waving softly to each and every person that entered. It's been a while since he last did some warm-up training and he decided to do it now. However, there was nobody in this room that looked like someone that would actually satiate his need for a good duel. However, as Calthe broke in the room, he jumped back a little bit and clenched his fist around the wooden staff.

"Good LORD woman, what on Earth do you think you're doing, saying such things?" He said, looking at her with a reprimanding look that an angry parent would have when scolding their child. He took a deep breath and placed his hand on his face, shaking his head left and right.

"
Where have the manners gone? Back in my day, if a woman acted like that, she'd be buried neck-deep into the ground and stoned. Not that I approve of it, but it's just a little comparison. Excessive punishment versus...none." He announced. Later, he looked towards Charles and the thought of dueling with him came back in his mind.

"D'Artagnan, my friend, would you like to spar?" He asked the French man, tilting his head while holding onto the stone tablets he so dearly appreciates and carries everywhere. There was a spark in his eyes: the spark of the wish for battle. He then spread his arms as the wooden staff and stone tablets disappeared in a small cloud of blue sparkles as a white armor appeared onto his body after he softly chanted something under his breath. "What do you say?" He asked, smiling at him happily and cheerfully.
Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
Calthe

Calthe recoiled in immense pain at being socked in the gut by a being 400 times her strength, certainly a fair reaction...Considering her weak constitution.
She honestly should have expected some kind of violent response to her intrusion and vitrol, but she hadn't expected to be tossed back a good 5 meters and feel the sudden urge to empty her stomach of her mornings meal...If he had hit her slightly higher, it would have done far more than knock the wind and lunch out of her, and she was certain a fracture...No, a breakage of the ribs would be instant.

It dawned on her at the sudden existence of this man, the way his punch was obviously intended to be non-lethal, the words spoken by the others in the room...

"Holy shit, I heard this place was doing some insane stuff, but this is..."

It may have, to everyone else in the room, seemed like she suddenly realized she was in a Chaldea summoning room, and that she had been punched in the gut by a heroic spirit. (She would probably also notice the small amounts of internal bleeding that most likely shortened her lifetime by a good ten years.) She also may have noticed the glowing red target appearing on her palm, if it wasn't busy clutching her chest from the blow.

She definitely hadn't, as evidenced by her next words.

"Ah....Damn! This is some kind of Magus war machine room! What the hell!? You fucking Magus, and this ones calling me master? The fuck is this? "

"Merde sacrée!!" Charles exclaimed in utter shock and horror when Cyrus 'hit' the woman. The words that left his mouth felt weak as if he himself was a bit faded by the deed. How... how... unchivalrous... how... how...

"UNACCEPTABLE!!" Charles pointed his finger at Cyrus before quickly leaping in her direction. Charles delivered a swift slap to Cyrus' cheek before explaining it. "It is improper to hurt those weaker than you. Since they can't protect themselves from you, you must be the responsible party! Do you know what kind of power your arms wield? That blow could have been fatal!"

Charles turned to Calthe and took her hand before smooching it in the same manner that he kissed the cheeks of Cardes and the Director. "Mademoiselle, I solemnly apologize for the irresponsible behavior of my dear colleague, and ask you forgive her unacceptable attack on you! Please, accept this humility from me as an apology gift," he bowed lightly, taking his hat off and showing his shining, blonde hairs.

He did not reply to Moses' request but was eager to spar in the back of his mind. Charles d'Artagnan was too busy with acting as, in his eyes, a mediator to this conflict.

Girouette Girouette Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet HTCOR HTCOR Iskandar Iskandar Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

"...I hear your voice.... on the wind... and I... Hear you call out... my name...."

A voice from the far off lands, a place so far away that not even time can touch it, seemed to drag itself into the area. The sound echoed through, engulfing the group in a slow song that made the summoning room shimmer. The shimmer seemed to collapse in on itself, transforming into particles of mana which softly floated like embers on the breeze. They combined in the middle of the room, upon which they dropped to the floor, splattering into tree sap. The sap pooled on the floor tell a single spark formed above it. The gray spark turned into a pebble, which rapidly dropped into the pool. The splash zoomed upwards, before freezing solid as if time had accelerated millions of years. From the amber grew roots and bark, which coiled around it and just kept on growing to form what looked to be a shoulder!

Bark and limb grew from the amber, forming a humanoid shape. The figure had wider shoulders, with a lithe body. Long hair, nearly obscene on the wooden figure grew, which exploded into maple leaves. The crimson leaves would melt into her body, triggering a second reaction that turned the bark smooth and peachy in color. The leaves fell, to form into bright crimson hair that fell to half the length of the figure's body. Pure white eyes cracked from the wood, which then glowed with red eyes. The red flooded outwards like the spilled yoke of an egg, cooling down into a mossy green and blue iris. Black, tribal like markings erupted from her eyes, sitting rather naturally on her face. A simple dress cracked out from the wood, yet no left arm formed, only a right. Fur grew from her shoulder, but only there. Crimson nails adorned her long fingers but otherwise was swept clean of all imperfections. Her right arm was coated in tree sap that flowed like water, and a thick tree root that grew from her shoulder down to her forearm, where it turned into a large trunk of claws. The barefooted woman stepped forward towards the group, flexing her tri-clawed hand, and then her fingers.

The woman unleashed an aura befitting a spirit of the Greeks, and yet also one of the Beasts. Her eyes glowed softly, looking at the party in front of her. She looked down to Calthe on the floor. Interesting... but she had better do something. She emotionlessly lifted up her wooden hand. The claws grew forward like roots, grabbing onto Calthe if she could to drag her up to her feet...

Cyrus, The King of Kings
Within Thule Facility
Cyrus just smiled at her master as began to talk in a rather energetic and obscene way, "Good master! I see you have enough Vigor in you to complain so obscenely! You truly are fit to be my master if you can take a punch like that and berate everyone like that!" She was proud of her master for not dying from such a flimsy punch, though she did seem to take a bit of damage. Yet, she managed to complain and shout obscenities!

Cyrus' attention was now on Charles as she cringed a bit him speaking in French. Truth be told she hated the language and wasn't a fan of many of the French Servants, all because she thought their language was ugly. Though a few were generally snobby and really the kind of people that treated you as inferior. She sighed and muttered something to herself as the man yelled "UNACCEPTABLE!!" at her and began to point his index finger at her. She shook her head and pinched the bridge of her nose, acting almost like a completely different person from the one everyone bore witness too not even a few minutes ago. Cyrus observed as Charles quickly leaped at her with precision and swiftness. She watched his hand swiftly go towards her face, but she could see it and quickly grabbed the man's wrist, letting his hand hover mere millimeters from her cheek. She clicked her tongue at Charles and listened to his ramblings before speaking in a slow and authoritative voice, "I would never bully or hit those weaker than me, it is unbefitting of a King and turns him into a Tyrant. I hit her because she is strong, one that is worthy to rule the King of Kings. Why do you think I left that young man unscathed?" She pointed at Cardes who she earlier said was unfit to be her master, "Yes, I know I could have easily killed her and yet I did not. She is strong and I placed my attack so that she would not be fatally harmed." She let out a sigh before finally letting go of his hand, allowing it to slap her cheek, "A King protects those weaker than him, and loves them with all his heart and shows them compassion no matter what they have done. To subjugate the weak is a monstrous thing, and turns one into a tyrant. As long as I breath I will protect the weakest of the weak, and fight with the strongest of the strong. For I am Cyrus of Persia! The Greatest King to live!"

After explaining herself to the loud Frenchman she watched as he 'smooches' the back of her hand, causing Cyrus to think it was egregiously done. Yet another thing she thought was idiotic. In general she thought the French were a bunch of idiots so... her and Charles would not get along. She watched as he apologized to Calthe for Cyrus' actions, causing her to scoff. Calthe had no reason to accept his apology, and Cyrus did not intend to offer one, "Dear Master, no need to accept this man's apology. He has no reason or right to apologize on my behalf. Let that fire I lit under you rage. I do not intend to apologize for hitting you though."

The Attention of the King of Kings was once again stolen, this time by a new servant, one who had just summoned themselves in quite the odd fashion. It was interesting to say the least and had some amount of grandeur, of course nowhere near as much as Cyrus', but it was a good summoning nonetheless! This servant was odd as it seemed emotionless and uncaring yet extremely powerful. All it did was stare at the group and help up Calthe. That one is definitely going to be interesting... She seems calm, unlike a certain loudmouth. Cyrus thought to herself as she crossed her arms.

Birdsie Birdsie Girouette Girouette hudhouse hudhouse Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet HTCOR HTCOR

Last edited:
Moses

Moses looked towards Cyrus and tilted his head. Suddenly, he started remembering. He smiled in a friendly manner, but his eyes...you could read them like a book. Pure disturbance and twisted thoughts ran across his mind. His left eye twitched softly as he clenched his fists, looking towards the "KING OF KINGS".

"Last time someone called themselves the greatest 'king,' in my vicinity, rivers turned into blood, hails destroyed cities, bugs ate people, and there were thousands of dead children, burning buildings and eternal darkness involved. You both need to take that pride down a few notches." He suggested to both Charles and Cyrus as he took a deep breath to exhale away his nervousness. His hands stopped shaking from the many flashbacks and he finally could calm down.

Birdsie Birdsie Girouette Girouette hudhouse hudhouse Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet HTCOR HTCOR Iskandar Iskandar

Director Gnosis
Within the Thule Facility Summoning Room
It wasn't more than a moment for the Director to watch all of this, before there was an irritated sound that escaped him. He rolled his arms once, as a faint wind began to brush through the room. It wasn't that big of a sign, as he would glance at Cyrus, this King of Kings. There was more than a little divinity in the room, with this one now entering- and he couldn't say he enjoyed it. Divine heritage, more often than not, led to extreme arrogance. Hopefully, he would be able to figure out their degree of arrogance.

"...A King of Kings. Let's not flaunt our 'royal status' around, will we? We're all made equal before the eyes of God, from the weakest man, to the strongest woman." His words were simple, and he would give her a brief nod- it was to show that he still respected them- just not as a superior. His hands reached up to adjust his own coat, before he spun back around to face the poor woman who just became a Master, and an asset in this war of theirs. And so the small woman just got pulled to the side, for a quick and brief explanation on what the hell they got themselves into.

His voice low, he spoke to Calthe quickly and efficiently. "Look. I get it, you don't want to be involved in a war machine, but guess what- you're selected by whatever force is controlling this war, and you'll have to fight. And we're not even fighting the big bad- we're cleaning up human history- and if that job doesn't succeed, all of humanity will be wiped out. That includes you, and every innocent human being out there, that Magus have a right to protect. And guess what? We're on a time limit- a year's time is when humanity itself is wiped out suddenly by some force from the past. So those Servants- they're linked to you. And they want to assist in saving Humanity itself, to keep everyone alive and joyful."

The Director stepped back, as to give her a moment to think. If she wanted to flee, she could- but all would know of the coward she was. And the Director, his features losing most of their kindness, awaited her choice.

Girouette Girouette
Iskandar Iskandar
hudhouse hudhouse
Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
Birdsie Birdsie

Cyrus the Great
Thule Facility, Summoning Room.​

Cyrus' attention was now taken by the obviously shaken Moses, who had informed Cyrus of his deeds and how he needed to take her pride down a few notches. She closed her one good eye and nodded to herself, almost as if she was having a conversation in her head, which she was. Upon opening her eye she stared at Moses and offered a humble bow, "So you must be the great Moses! Liberator of the Jews from your own step-brother, Ramesses! Fear not, I shall reevaluate myself! I, too, once helped the Jews and liberated them from the oppression of Babylon, and upon doing so I gave them back their homeland of Israel. And as your... our God said, I did it not for Gain or a Prize, but from the goodness of my heart, for all men are equal and all men have the basic right to whatever religion they practice!" Cyrus offered Moses a toothy smile and a thumbs up. Out of everyone, Moses was the one Cyrus would most likely get along with. Both were heavily revered by the Jews and were both servants to God in a certain respect, one a prophet and the other a Messiah. It would be for the best as Moses would most likely keep Cyrus as humble as possible.

The Director's words were something that Cyrus would wholeheartedly agree with as evident with her enthusiastic nodding, "Indeed, good Sir! All are created equal, and all have the same rights, but when you have the burden of Kingship, or authority in general, you learn that you must protect and care for those that are your equal for that is what they expect; a leader. They maybe weaker or even stronger than you, but they are still your equal in the end. A leader should remember this; you are but a mere servant to the people. They are your friends and companions, not subjects or slaves." Cyrus offered a somber nod and reflected on her days as a King. During her time as King of Persia, she was seen as a beacon of equality and even the Father of Human Rights.

After yet another speech, Cyrus went silent and crossed her arms. Giving so many rousing speeches and talks in such little time was hard work, and Cyrus did enjoy giving those speeches! She would have to refrain from being too prideful like Moses said. Arrogance is unbefitting of a King and turns even the kindest of men into Tyrants. She would have to keep a level head, and do what she always did; fight for justice and for the people. To bring a smile and happiness to those that were threatened. To protect those that could not protect themselves, and to spread equality to those that suffered.

HTCOR HTCOR Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Birdsie Birdsie hudhouse hudhouse Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet Girouette Girouette

(Short post but wanted to reply to Gabriel. We are God Buddies. Anyway off to bed. Night all)

Charles turned to Moses upon hearing his words. Quite scary. Charles thought about his words, then, in a sincere and calm voice replied, bringing his own opinion into the discussion. "I don't believe there's anything wrong with pride by itself, o, dear prophet. Pride is merely a brand. A way to show one's self-esteem in relation to one's deeds. Pride should only be discarded when it is empty. If one doesn't have the deeds necessary to back up his pride, he doesn't deserve the brand of it."

"I too, agree with the director. We are all duty-bound as Heroic Spirits first and foremost," he said shortly after Cyrus. Charles, however, disagreed with her notion that all men are created equal but didn't say anything about it, not wanting to provoke a conflict. The king was still a bit aroused and excited, so to inflame her more would be a fatal nail in the coffin to their possible camaraderie should things go right.

Although, still...

~~~~ Flashback ~~~~ d'Artagnan remembered his first meeting with the three musketeers.

"You, there," a man called out. "How can you run around like that with no respect? Do you even know where you are, little boy?" The beautifully-crafted columns and marble floors made it clear that they weren't in any inn or pub, but somewhere important. Like a palace.

A young d'Artagnan turned around and saw a trio of men, all wearing formal outfits, Capitano hats, and tabbards. At their sides were the scabbards of their trusty rapiers. A mean look painted the face of the tallest of them, and d'Artagnan felt fear, knowing his own rapier was broken Meung-sur-Loire's men. The one to the middle looked to be the de facto 'leader' of the trio, with a very sullen, gloomy look on his face. He was older than all of the present, in his late 40s. The one to the right was extremely tall and strong. It would not be wrong to call him of a Herculean build. The one to the left, on another hand, looked rather... wimpy for a Musketeer, but looks can be as deceiving as they are deadly. In comparison to them, the 15-year-old, meek, reserved posture made him look like a little fly among three, tall eagles.

"I apologize-- I-I-I didn't intend to insult you, monsieur," he said, a droplet of sweat sliding across his forehead. Charles' voice was less prideful than in the afterlife and far more youthful. He also looked like a little boy, no older than 15 years old. He knew how much trouble he would be in if he was reported right here by actual Musketeers. Charles was at their mercy. He just wanted to catch up to Rochefort!

"That's fine, we forgive you," the one to the left, with closed eyes and his arms crossed, said. "But you need to show up here to duel us tomorrow. We heard you wanted to get into the corps, right? But you were denied. Then show us your mettle, and we'll forgive you. That is our request."

~~~~ And becoming one of them, their leader.

The four men stood in an alley between two larger buildings. Charles approached slowly, a bit worried, with a new rapier. Athos; the oldest of the trio and Charles began their duel before Cardinal Richelieu's guards arrived to arrest all four of them for illegal dueling, but the four of them persevered despite being against numbers thrice greater than their own.

"What was your name, again?" Athos gave a grin of satisfaction in d'Artagnan's direction.

"Charles, monsieur. My name is Charles d'Artagnan," he replied with humility, smiling back. The four of them pointed their rapiers toward the sky and crossed them as a sign of brotherhood. And so, the little fly became an eagle.

~~~~ Two voices ran past d'Artagnan's memories.

"Your father, is he?..."

"Yes. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do. I can only avenge him after what happened."

~~~~ End of Flashback ~~~~

When Cyrus mentioned all men being created equal, d'Artagnan's fingers clenched angrily and he was two seconds away from punching her, but instead, he held the anger in himself, chewed on the resentment, and let the rage die. It is very foolish to cultivate such emotions for anything else than battle, or an enemy -- and Cyrus was no enemy of his. But still, he found that one sentence so incredibly foolish and blind that he could barely keep himself silent. His inner voice, the voice of his reckless-self told him to call her out on it and attack her -- to tell her of his companion's fate, to tell her of his life, but his better self, the fatherly teachings that Athos gave him, the time he spent with his friends. All of that experience held back his fury like a powerful dam against a sea full of wrath.

Bitterly, d'Artagnan headed in another direction, walking off, with no explanation or goodbye. Only after taking several steps did he stop and turned around. "If one wishes to duel me, they will find me. I am eager to taste new combatants, but I need to cool off," then faded into the air mysteriously. "For now, I bid you adieu."

Girouette Girouette Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet HTCOR HTCOR Iskandar Iskandar Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Iskandar Iskandar

Beast looked around at the scene and focused solely on Cyrus The Great. She had single handily stolen the attention of the room in a slightly interesting display, and proven that this little group could summon strong servants. Yet, unlike another group she had looked upon, this one seemed to not be directly hunting her or her classial kin down. In fact, they didn't even truly react to her. Memories, no... hollow echoes and screams of wars with Persia and their praise softly muttered in her ears. Time was a fickle thing, same as emotion... yet both keep going on. She decided to fulfill a strange need within her heart... to prove that she truly was real, and this was all right. To decide if she was going to be an ally to them or a foe.

She echoed certain lines from the room, in a slightly more feminine tone. Cyrus' own voice came from Echo's maw, "A monstrous thing..will fight with the strongest of the strong. The Greatest King to live...." Her voice shifted, a sea of words that flowed like butter yet was now a different person entirely. She spoke with Charles' voice, though feminine, "...Wishes to duel me. I am eager... For now, I bid you..." Within the moment, The beast suddenly flashed! Her stats rapidly shot up?! Her body flooded over with power... and her hair visibly turned into a dark purple!

The Beast looked up, the green in her eyes transforming to purple as well. The colors blended well, but still gave off a striking balance. Divinity, equal to Cyrus' own, poured out of her. She had become equal to the Rex Regum.. by merely being in her presence... The Beast clearly wanted to fight, but to what extent was unknown...

(Strength: C to A+
Agility: C to B
Willpower: C to B+)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back