• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Ethereal OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia How would Hyuga know who the other Masters are before the war has started?

If the association is aware that the 7 Masters have been kidnapped, and the rogue organization managed to kidnap all of them, it's possible provided spies have been placed in either the association or the rogue organization. But yes, it's fairly meta given the "extremely hidden" nature such information. Personal details especially.

It also implies that one, if not both, gm-controlled organizations have been infiltrated which lends itself to meta knowledge regarding plot.

I mean, I get knowing some masters after you see them because they're well known magus or something like that

Interestingly, the only way to get an idea of a character's relative fame (and accurately portray it in rp) is to read the character sheet. Knowledge is both a blessing and a curse.

My guy comes from a mid-tier family that, while really old, isn't super prominent. So it's entirely possible someone fluent in magi-related knowledge would know the name, I doubt many would recognize what the head of the family looks like.

My boy ain't even a magus. Lmao.

He's a nobody. A nameless Asian with no background that no one will remember when he dies.

Guys don't you see he has spies that can smell ur command seals

I imagined it was meant to be something similar to the spy wars in Zero, wherein expert Magi Killers like Kiritsugu seemed to pull info about other Masters out of thin air and info-gathering/alliances (among certain individuals) started even before the war really began. Looks cool in anime. Pushes boundaries a bit in rps.

He's a nobody. A nameless Asian with no background that no one will remember when he dies.

I imagined it was meant to be something similar to the spy wars in Zero, wherein expert Magi Killers like Kiritsugu seemed to pull info about other Masters out of thin air and info-gathering/alliances (among certain individuals) started even before the war really began. Looks cool in anime. Pushes boundaries a bit in rps.

People often forget that Kiritsugu didn't do shit. He didn't pull info out of thin air. The einzberns, one of the three most powerful families and one of the three families who created the HGW, pulled information for him. Almost every bit of logistical support he got, he got from the einzberns. It's justifiable to pull info on other masters out of your ass when you're getting it from an ancient, super powerful magi family who helps run the war.

Is he? Well, I wouldn't know because I barely see any info =p
Yeah, and that's why he's the coolest! Subvert expectations by the servant being the known factor, and the master being the unknown one! Chinese Master is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back