• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/END IC

Hiyori Kujikawa

The first thing Hiyori noticed as they neared the place they were to make landfall was the odd feeling that overcame her. She wasn't exactly sure what it was - but it was certainly more than her earlier anxieties about this. Adjusting her bag over her shoulder, the girl squinted at the horizon, watching as land drew closer and closer. Deciding to step outside, she paused. Wasn't it colder where they'd disembarked? Narrowing her eyes in thought, the girl unzipped her jacket and the sweatshirt underneath, pushing her hair back and behind one ear. Maybe this was the Corrupted Grail's influence, after all. Despite the warmth, a shiver still passed up Hiyori's spine. Squaring her shoulders, she took another couple of steps forwards, hesitating as they docked. She needed to speak with Mr. Remmington, after all - even after Rider's little episode.

She kept her hands tucked neatly into her pockets - all the better to hide her command spells from the public until they were at their base of operations - as she watched the others leave. She rocked a little on the balls of her feet. "Berserker," She mumbled, shifting again and speaking firmly. Her tone was quiet, but she wanted her Servant to know that she meant this. "Until we reach base, please stay in spirit form. I'd figure with what you're wearing it'd attract more attention than we need." Until they bought him something more suitable, this would have to work. She'd make it work. Peeling off her jacket and tucking it under one of her arms, Berserker's Master followed the rest of their small party to the ramp, scanning the crowds just beyond curiously. None of the dockworkers were wearing jackets, and everyone else she could make note of seemed lightly dressed as well.

As she made her way down the ramp to join the others, Hiyori noticed a boy in blinding-white pants waiting for them; Archer appeared behind him and seemed none-too-pleased. Understandable, given that she was probably under the impression Ms. Torakaga would have been her Master, only to have been proven wrong. The girl wrinkled her nose in a bit of dislike. It didn't seem very practical to send a powerful mage away even if all they needed her for was a proper summoning. Wouldn't the Association want all the allies it could get? No matter. She pointedly avoided Archer and her new Master as she headed down the ramp, more or less making a beeline for the young man who seemed to be waiting for her. As much as her nerves itched at her to push onward, she did need to have a word with him about joining forces. "Mr. Remmington," She piped up, softly but brightly. "I hope the rest of the ride was, uh, relatively quiet for you?" Her grin was sheepish. "I did want to talk to you more, if that's quite alright."

Interactions: CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse (to an extent), Kyrenka Kyrenka
Mentions: Misuteeku Misuteeku Reis Reis Dante Verren Dante Verren

Randall flinched at the aggressive voice that suddenly formed behind him. When he looked back at the source, he was surprised by what he saw: a rather tall, Asian woman who he had never seen before. He took a moment to consider who she could be to talk to him in such a rude way. He then realized that he had not yet fully donned his gloves, and his command seal was still showing. Since there was only one reasonable identity for this person he's never met, Randall made a gamble, crossing his arms in the process.

"That's no way for a servant to address their master, Archer" he started, fixing his second glove. "I know that I'm not the one who summoned you, but there was no way I could avoid that, so there's no use making a fuss over it." He watched as a pair of people (he could only presume that they were masters) left the ferry and actively avoided their course. Deciding that more hostility wouldn't help his reputation at all, he decided to end his aggressive tone there. "As for not joining you on your pleasant boat ride...I sincerely apologize for that. But I had no personal choice over the matter, in fact I would have preferred to summon my servant on my own. Also, please don't make calling me 'little one' a habit. The name's Randall. Randall Hess."

With a sigh, Randall turned his head slightly up to look at the tall woman's eyes. "And you? Which Heroic Spirit are you?"

Interactions: Dante Verren Dante Verren
Mentions: Kyrenka Kyrenka BecToTheFuture BecToTheFuture

~Lucas Remmington~
After a few moments, Lucas’s patience was rewarded. Hiyori made her way down the ramp and over to the waiting mage. "Mr. Remmington," she said brightly, "I hope the rest of the ride was, uh, relatively quiet for you. I did want to talk to you more, if that's quite alright." Lucas couldn’t help but grin. Excellent!

“Of course my dear.” Glancing around, he took note of the civilians milling around. “Perhaps we should take this somewhere else though.” Lucas turned his attention towards Hiyori again. Frowning, he stared at her for a moment. She looks tired. It could’ve been due to the fact that anticipation and fear of the coming war kept her up, but he wasn’t sure. Either way, the mage didn’t want her falling behind. They needed somewhere a little more private to discuss a plan of action. Maybe we could settle down at a coffee shop. Finally, he asked concernedly, “Have you had breakfast yet? There should be some shops open about now. We could find one and talk over some food if you’d prefer?” He needed to look at the stores anyway. Rider hadn’t spoken to him since last night, so he was going to assume that she didn’t want to be around him. She was probably going to spend most of the day dematerialized and would miss out on any Icelandic experiences. Fine then. It’s her loss. At least now he could focus on transportation. Driving would be the safest bet, especially since they would most likely be going places at odd hours. That, and a car provided more privacy than a train full of witnesses. Speaking of, Lucas once again eyed the citizens warily. I hope Rider doesn’t cause another commotion. Especially with Hiyori around.

Interactions: BecToTheFuture BecToTheFuture
Mentions: Misuteeku Misuteeku
Neaby: CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Reis Reis Dante Verren Dante Verren

Archer
The rage in Archer's eyes was clearly visible at Hess's less then agreeable response. He had the gall to not only insult the prestigious role of a warrior by refusing to travel with his allies, but he now also tried to express his false authority over Archer as if she was some common born slave mouthing off to her owner. This was intolerable. As the boy made his apologies and excuses Archer looked ready to drive her fist right through his chest, the only words she actually vaguely heard was that his name was Hess, it was most likely a name she would never use. As she prepared to tear out his heart right on the spot as punishment when he did the one thing that she didn't think was possible, he caught her off guard.

No wonder the poor little magus seemed so willing to through his life away before any combat could even start, this so called master didn't even know who she was. Whether it was Haruka or even the mage association, the boy hadn't even been informed who would be fighting with him. Her rage faded and was replaced by a look of pity for Hess. "Poor poor little mage, You don;t even know who you speak to." Archer leaned forward so her face was directly in front of his face. She began to speak in a hushed voice so that only Hess and those who were paying close attention could hear. "I am he who built the greatest empire this world has ever seen. I am he who had who unified the the Steppes, burned the east, and made the west drop to its knee's in fear of my hordes. I am Temujin, Scourge of god, and the Great Khan of the Mongol Empire." once she finished her introduction a bit of the earlier rage returned to her fiery eyes, "Now that you know who I am let us make a few things clear. You are my master only in name. If you seek to speak to me in that arrogant tone again I will rip out your tug and strangle you with it, if you use a command seal to make me respect you I will tear out your guts and hang you with them, if you use a command seal to force me not to harm you I will leave you to die, and if you use a command seal to make me protect you I will slice my heals making it so I cannot walk then I will enjoy my last few moments of watching you die. You do not have authority, you do not have my respect. Only after you earn my respect will I even consider granting you actual authority. Do I make myself clear?"

Once Archer finished making her position clear she leaned back so that she was standing up straight at her full height looking down at Hess. She knew that starting off there partnership like this was a bad idea, but although she would never admit it it was obvious that Archer was a rather petty individual.

Interactions: Reis Reis

"...crystal..."

Randall gave a weak reply to his servant's over-the-top reaction. He didn't know why she was so upset at him, but she seemed dead serious. Although the young magus was used to dealing with arrogant royalty, he never quite handled anyone who was willing to give him a brutal death, even if they had to hurt themselves to do so. He also was not used to aggressive women, as he was mostly surrounded by guys in the Hess family. So when the tall servant threatened to murder him and actually murdered his self-esteem, he didn't have it in him to complain.

Still reeling back from Archer's verbal assault, he gave a very timid reply, choosing to speak carefully. "O great and powerful king, please forgive my sinful tone against your holy name. Someone as small as myself cannot possibly compare to your brilliant...wonderfulness...and I know that your incredibly independent and wise guidance will grant us both the wish we seek." He then cringed at his own reply, feeling her imperial glare bearing into his skull. Oh, why couldn't he get one of the normal servants? He never intended on using a Command Seal to force her compliance: that would just be disrespectful. But Archer's temper was enough to rival a full-fledged Berserker seven times over, and he had no idea what he would do. The Holy Grail war wasn't even close to starting, and yet he already felt his life was in extreme danger!

"Ah, please forgive me milady, but there's one small detail I failed to understand. If you were the king of the Mongol Empire...why are you a girl? And would you rather me refer to you as male, or...?"

Interactions: Dante Verren Dante Verren

Archer

The pity and rage Archer felt as she watched the Hess's attitude go from that of a proud fighter to a timid child, it was quite amusing to see the transition. His attempt at appeasement was absolutely terrible. His words were carefully selected and yet he still managed to trip up a little bit at the end, of course the part that mattered was he was trying. She would give him points for attempting, even if his attempt managed to annoy her she wouldn't strangle him with his own tongue... at least not yet. His last two questions were legitimate and did deserve actual answers, ones that she didn't mind providing.

"How easy do you think it is was for a woman to hold any form of power back in my time? The answer is that is nearly impossible, especially when your born in Asia. After my blood brothers and I unified the Clans it was decided that a male must lead us, so Ghengis was born. Under the name Ghengis I acted as a male, I had my brothers and Blood Brothers impregnate my wives, concubines, etc and passed the children born of those off as my own to make it look like as a male, thus only a handful knew that I was living a double life, The life as the male Ghengis Khan who conquered, pillaged, raped, and on the rare occasion when I was only around those who knew the secret I was able to live as Temujin, the original me."
Archer finished her explanation and seemed to drift off as if she was seeing something that wasn’t there.

After a moment she returned to the present and realized that she didn’t finish answering his questions. “I don’t care which gender you call me. Obviously by physical appearance I am female but if it makes you uncomfortable thinking about the Great Khan of the Mongol Horde as a woman then you may refer to me as male. Oh and while your at it cut it out with the holy and sinful crap. One of my titles is the Scourge of God for a reason, and it’s Khan not King. There pretty much the same thing but King just doesn’t have the same ring that Khan has.”

Interactions: Reis Reis

A yawn escaped from the white haired girl as she was pushed forward by the maid. Her red eyes glanced out as she was a bit less dressed up then she had been. A simple white jacket hugged her frame to help keep her warmer, not requiring to be bundled up nearly as much as she had on the boat ride. It was quite strange just how much warmer it was there despite it typically being colder there. It was something that was reported about by the association, though it was hard to believe how much warmer it would be. Much of what had been snow covered ground had all but melted away a little less then a week ago as the temperatures continued to warm up. She opened her mouth as if to yawn a bit more, the sound seeming lost as she blinked her eyes. Being stuck in a wheelchair made being able to 'wake up' a bit harder.

"It really is quite warm. All the reading material I looked into about this place hinted at it being a lot colder this time of year... that could be a good thing though, i heard Iceland can be quite beautiful. Despite its name its actual quite nice all year long and has some very beautiful scenery." She spoke as a smile was on her lips as a bit of excitement seemed to overcome the homunculus out of nowhere. The maid's eyes seemed to focus on her, not showing any emotional reaction back though speaking up.

"Ms. Schreiner..." The woman's voice spoke up, being stern in her tone though not overly so. Hanne looked to her, settling a bit down. Since her time being 'awoken' she had slowly started to form a bit of a personality. It was still not perfect, but it was building up the more she read and interacted with the world. Her childlike fascination with things was one element that was perhaps a bit too prominent in her. It wasn't something that was best left to go too wild with given her still attempting to recover. The less stress Hanne put on her body and made sure to keep it easy, the better. While she might not look it, she was very much unstable. No one could say what would happen to her should she be put under enough stress. She wasn't anywhere near as capable of fine control as her 'sister'.

Her eyes couldn't help but wander, seeing Mr. Remmington and Ms. Kujikawa started talking with each other. Was it love? She couldn't help but wonder, having read a few romance novels out of sense of curiosity. Truthfully she wasn't quite certain what the feeling of love was. Emotions were very much a thing that slowly formed and developed in a homunculus who on their birth were effectively empty vessels. She shifted her attention over, spotting who she could only assume to be the other Master. She had heard one would be waiting for them in Iceland, though she wasn't sure just what to expect of them. Hanne was rolled forward, looking towards Randell and Archer. She didn't really catch much of their conversation simply getting stopped before them with a warm smile on her face.

"Greetings Mr. Hess. It is good to finally meet you. I would like to extent my gratitude for your offer of help. Whether its for personal gains, or out of an act of selflessness, it is something we appreciate and I'm certain the Association will make sure to reward your family well for the task... and perhaps even obtaining a wish at the end. Archer is a really amazing woman I wish I could even be fit enough to be even just her shadow." She spoke bowing her head lightly in response to the two. A warm smile rested on her lips almost with complete childlike innocence behind it.

Interactions: Reis Reis Dante Verren Dante Verren
Mentioned: Kyrenka Kyrenka BecToTheFuture BecToTheFuture Misuteeku Misuteeku CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Last edited:
Randall blinked a few times at Archer's response. Her words surprised him in three ways. The first was that he finally understood why she was such an arrogant servant. Being a king--no, a Khan--from all that time ago, it's no surprise that she's so short-tempered and overbearing. Archer's second surprise also had to do with her personality, for Randall had discovered that she becomes delightfully hospitable if you shower her with compliments. It wasn't his favorite thing to praise her greatness every other sentence, but it was better than, say, having his intestines ripped out and being strangled with them by an angry, insulted servant.

The last surprise was of the history of the Great Khan of the Mongol Empire. All of those history books dubbing him a male were wrong? It was quite impressive that she could hide such a glaring secret from so many people, and she had earned his respect with that one. Now that he thought about it, Randall's servant didn't have many feminine qualities to her, did she? She was really tall, blatantly rude to people she looked down on (practically everyone), and had a rather flat chest.

This last train of thought led his eyes wandering to places they shouldn't be. He realized what he was thinking about and began to blush, but before his gaze could linger for too long his thoughts were abruptly ended. A somewhat soft voice suddenly greeted him, and he turned to see a white-haired girl in a wheelchair being pushed by a woman dressed as a maid. That white hair...so this must be the homunculus then. Forgetting his earlier thoughts, he greeted the girl with the finesse of a noble teenager.

"Actually, I thought I should be the one thanking you. After all, I never would have gotten this opportunity without the cooperation and patience of the Association. I'm still sorry that I couldn't make the trip with you, I'm sure it was rather interesting with all of the other Masters and servants on board." Randall bowed his head at both the homunculus and her maid. His words were sincere, as he was quite grateful that his family could send him here at all. Since a kind magus was willing to summon Archer for him, Randall was able to come all this way and participate in the Grail War. That wouldn't be possible if not for her willingness to adopt to his special circumstances.

Hearing her praise of Archer, Randall suppressed a cringe. Did his servant threaten the homunculus into worshipping her, too? They would definitely need to fix her arrogant attitude if she expects everyone she meets to treat her like a...well, a Khan. "Yeah, Archer's amazing isn't she? In fact, not even a whole lifetime of compliments can cover her amazingness. Ha haha ha...."

Randall laughed while awkwardly rubbing his head. In his mind, he prayed that the girl was here to tell him that he had the wrong servant. If he had to deal with this particular character...it would be a very, very long Grail War.

Interactions: Hanarei Hanarei Dante Verren Dante Verren

Last edited:
Another Master-Servant team rigged to explode. Wonderful. Assassin pulled off the shadows like a blanket as he emerged not far from where the newly revealed Temujin had decided to antagonize her new master. A once-over painted the boy as able enough but he didn't envy his position, and with that name alone he couldn't help but consider him a threat. Assassin's people had only ever heard of the great Khan, but his, or rather her, descendants had proven a nightmare only overcome by divine intervention and heroic effort, and by all accounts they were only pale shadows to what he had been. He wouldn't let it show, but for the first time he couldn't help but feel totally outclassed.

But for the time being they were allies, and they needed to act like it. "Master Archer..." He said, chiming in where he wasn't wanted. "...While i understand your desire to discipline your subordinates, it would be quite the blow to loose such an integral part of our team while the fate of the world still hangs in the balance. If you would, I implore you to please withhold any corporal punishment until after we ensure the world is saved." He worded his request in a soft, diplomatic tone, no, diplomatic was too kind a word for it. Submissive was the only way to describe it, and the words tasted bitter in his mouth. It wasn't his first time sucking up to someone he hated, or feared, but that didn't mean it got any easier. He offered a short polite bow, hoping to avoid antagonizing the Archer servant into doing anything outrageously stupid.

He gave a light nod toward the young master, who had better have been grateful considering that he was going out of his way to try and help him, and the strange wheelchair bound girl. Homunculus as Berserker had called her. Despite this, he said nothing to either, unsure of what he could get away with now that he had waded into Temujin's wrath.

Hanarei Hanarei Dante Verren Dante Verren Reis Reis

Archer
A small devilish grin appeared on Archer's face as she felt Hess's eyes on her and saw the young man blush. Despite the multiple threats of murder that Archer had flung at him he still tried to eye her up, guess that meant that Archer would be able to have her other kind of fun as well, and with out having to much Resistance. Of course she could make the argument that forcing him into it would be more fun, though there was the little voice in the back of her mind that raping her current master wasn't the brightest idea. Then again most people would argue that threatening to brutally murder the one who as the ability to order you to commit suicide wasn't the brightest idea either. Oh well, it would be a debate she would have with herself later.

The sound of rolling wheels and a small voice caused Archer to look away from Hess and over at the little homunculus she saw earlier on the boat at the meeting. The little girl ran through a few formalities of gratitude and other boring stuff. The only part that caught Archer's attention was the praise she received causing the devilish grin she had to be replaced by a lighter smile. Just by looking at the girl Archer knew that she would never be strong enough to even compare to herself, she didn't know anything about Homunculus but using the knowledge of today's modern world it seemed almost impossible for someone to get even close to becoming a hero, at least it was impossible to become what a hero use to mean. Still the girl was quite adorable, if she had the spirit she could at least shake off the weakness of a wheelchair for something else, something more fitting for this harsh world. "In your current state you could never reach the level of lowest one of my warriors, however replace your wheel chair with horse, learn the way of the bow, and there is a chance you just might make a fine member of the horde." Archer told the girl. It sounded harsh but at the same time it sounded genuine. Weakness had no place in a horde, but if one managed to prove themselves able then all were welcome, no matter of status or bloodline.

A moment later a servant made there appearance, considering that Archer hadn't sensed there presence it had to be assassin. Turning to look at the man as he approached she noticed the particular outfit, it was eastern in design but she did not recognize it as Nomadic, Chinese, or even Korean. It could be from a later time frame or from a different land. She let the other servant make his plea for not murdering her master right off the bat, and it did make sense. Although she didn't really need a master do to her skills given to her by the grail it would be extremely difficult without one. "Though you might consider my punishments harsh I have done much worse for much less. I acknowledge his usefulness in saving the world. Unless he uses a command seal I will not kill him. Speaking of which. " Turning swiftly to face Hess Arhcer silently stared at him for a moment. In one fast and fluid motion Arhcer raised her hand and delivered a light flick to Hess forhead. It is worth noting that a light flick for archer does not feel like a light flick a normal human. Instead it would feel close to a full on slap, not enough force to draw blood or break bone, but it would definitely sting for a while.

After delivering the flick archer crossed her arms in front of her. "You either need to get better at flatering or stop trying. It was entertaining but now the forced and clumsy feel of it just sounds like mockery." she said to him sternly.

Interactions: Reis Reis Hanarei Hanarei SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

Randall once again flinched at someone's arrival. This time, it was a man in dark, fancy clothes, someone he's never seen before. Since he was part of their team and had such a lack of presence, he could only assume it was the Assassin servant. The man seemed so invisible, he idly wondered if he'd been standing there the whole time. Yeah...that would be pretty bad. After all, Archer had just given away her identity, and it would be less than ideal if it could be used against her later on.

He nodded at Assassin, but didn't really like the way he spoke. Not only did the servant potentially know Archer's name, he also talked as if Randall's life would only matter until they fixed the Holy Grail. It was somewhat annoying being seen as so invaluable, but he would have to fight it out with him later on.

Randall's focus then turned to Archer's comment to the homunculus. You know, you really have a knack for compliments. The poor girl's self esteem must be raised through the roof if she can just barely reach the weakest of your horde. And what was that about horses? Bows? What century do you think you're in, the bow is barely more effective than a rock these days.

Randall paused his inner rant as Archer suddenly turned her eyes to him. He felt slightly confused about where the conversation was, and the sudden attention was making him uncomfortable. But before he could speak...Archer had flicked him on the head, and he felt the force of a full slap push him backwards.

Randall regained his footing and glared at Archer while rubbing his head. He furrowed his brows and looked into her eyes, feeling pissed at how little respect these servants treated him with. He was so ready to assail her with sassy comments, throwing her attempts to punish him back in her face. Stop trying to flatter you? You?! If I did that, your gigantic ego might starve to death. One would think that endless praise is what you use to stay materialized instead of magic. In fact, I bet your wish is to rule the world, letting you force everyone into showering you with compliments, satisfying your narcissistic desires for the rest of your second life....

But instead of fighting back, Randall sighed. It's not like he didn't see that coming, he actually fully intended on mocking Archer with his most recent compliment to her. Instead of risking his life by arguing against the powerful Khan, he decided to let her win this one.

"...I suppose I can start treating you with respect. But only if you do the same with me, ya? I know that you're much stronger than me, and you truly accomplished many great things during your lifetime, but....even if I haven't earned your trust yet, I hope that you give me a chance to prove myself during the upcoming battle." Randall held her gaze. He wanted to avoid using a Command Seal at all costs, and not just because they're valuable. He wanted to prove that he was worthy as a magus, that he could work with Archer as an equal and not a pawn. These things could be heard in his voice and seen his determined look.

His eyes wandered off after a moment, however, as an immense feeling of awkwardness and dread flooded him. He just asked Archer to see him as an equal...was that the same as asking to be gutted like a pig? He didn't know and didn't want to find out. So he tried to redirect the conversation.

"Ah, um...speaking of saving the world, we should probably hop to that instead of s-standing around. Archer, can you tell me what happened on the boat trip? I apologize again for not joining you on it, but my family kinda forced me into coming early no matter what I said, so..." Randall glanced nervously at the homunculus, feeling like either awkwardness or Archer herself would kill him before the other servants would.

Interactions: Dante Verren Dante Verren Hanarei Hanarei SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

Hanne smiled at Randall bowing her head. "It's quite alright." She responded back softly with a bright smile on her face. She looked too Archer, hearing her rather frank talk. She stared at her keeping a bright smile. She didn't at all seemed effected by it, as harsh as it might come off. "Thanks! I hope I could get to be that strong! I... I can walk on my legs.... but after the ritual its been hard to stand for very long. I'm trying my best to stregthen my body. Hopefully I can one day be strong enough to be considered a warrior" She spoke in such a innocent manner to it all. The maid's eyes shifted down towards Hanne, her expression not changing at all as she kept completely silent. Hanne turned to see the other servant approach, hearing his rather stern talking to archer. She blinked looking up to archer not seeming fully aware of it all. She stared at Assassin, pondering just how long he might of been near them without anyone noticing. Her thoughts were interupted hearing a familiar voice.

"Oy, out of the way would yah, got some heavy stuff here." The voice of the bearded man escaped as he came wandering through carrying some a rather bulky looking box. It was only natural he would be caught with the heavy lifting duty. Vincent could be seen a short distance away, keeping watch. It was hard to tell if it was part of his job or perhaps a very savvy way of getting away with not having to do any heavy lifting. Hanne turned to the others again smiling at them deciding to speak only briefly.

"W.. well, I'm not sure what your plans are but I'm sure the Mage Association can help hook you up with rooms in the town if you so like, otherwise they can probably help you get some form of transportation. I'm not quite sure of what might be going on around here but I'm sure if you ask around you might be able to find out more... though it sounds like around this area its a bit more boring outside the strange ghost story or what not they mentioned. Farewell for now!" She spoke with an upbeat tone and waving at the group as she was wheeled away to head into the building. Her head turned to look back briefly with a bright smile on her face before she vanished through the door.

The light of the sun started to slowly creep up from the horizon helping to illuminate the area further. While it was minimal, the town itself was starting to come to life as people began their morning routines. While seperated from the outside world, the town still had a sense of normality behind it. What horrors could lay further into Iceland at the epicentered of the Grail war, no one could say. Who knew what true horrors might await them?

Interacting: Dante Verren Dante Verren SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS Reis Reis

Archer
Against her better judgement Archer returning Hanne's wave with a smaller wave of her own. She watched the small girl be wheeled away before disappearing into the building. One so young and so innocent, the middle of a war zone wasn't the place for her, and yet here she was. Turning to face her master she stared down at him once more with her unnerving gaze. Despite her verbal abuse the boy still had at least a few sparks left in him if he could demand to be treated with respect he didn't yet deserve. He was right to ask for a chance, Archer would never deny someone the chance to prove themselves worthy, most of the time.

"Of course you will have a chance to prove yourself. Even if you didn't ask for one you would still be given one, but until you manage to prove yourself you mean nothing more to me then what you modern day people would refer to as a walking battery. As for whether or not I need to prove myself should be obvious. My accomplishments, my failures, and my dreams are far more numerous and far more impact full than a million others could hope for." As Archer spoke her hand curled into a fist and she seemed to scowl but it wasn't directed towards Hess, instead she just seemed to be in a generally foul mood. However, this changed very quickly.

Directing her annoyance at Hess she let out a small sigh, "Letting your family dictate your decisions, especially those that have impact on matters as important as this war is only proof that you don't yet deserve my respect. You're a mage aren't you? A warrior in the great holy grail war. Aren't you trying to save the world? Someone with such ambition shouldn't be bowing to his families desires, you should simply take what you want the way you want it. Isn't that right assassin?" Once archer finished her speel she directed the last question to assassin, mostly due to her own curiosity of his opinion on the matter.

Reis Reis SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

Assassin for his part was happy enough that the crisis seemed averted for the moment and let himself relax a bit. Archer's question did get him thinking however, he thought briefly back to his own past and nodded a bit.

"Honestly, His Filial loyalty is admirable to a point, though even I have agree that given the circumstances a degree of personal autonomy would be beneficial. Had this war been organized under different circumstances or the town been anymore dangerous than it currently appears, Isolating yourself like that could have left us short a master before we even began." Despite keeping up his friendly tone, assassin didn't do much to hide the subtext in between his words. The young master had walking into a potential warzone seemingly oblivious to the dangers, if anyone had wanted him dead that would have been it.

"That being said, it's a bit unfair to expect too much out of the mages. They didn't come here to be warriors, that's why they summoned us. It's our job to fight and save the world, all they really have to do is avoid dying until it's over. Really having them do anything else only makes more trouble for us in the long run." These were the facts as far as assassin was concerned, though he wasn't unaware that it would come off as more than a bit insulting to the mages in earshot. Truthfully he didn't have much respect for what little he understood of the grail war system, it seemed like a way to force the dead to fight in the name of people who wanted power but weren't willing to make the effort to claim it through legitimate means. It was, in his own opinion, kind of pathetic. Still it wasn't as though he could do much about it, so for now he was willing to follow orders and see where it lead him.

Dante Verren Dante Verren Reis Reis Hanarei Hanarei

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back