• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Brezza Oscura - Out-Of-Character Chat

Birdsie Birdsie
Excuse me for this but for the full duration of today and tomorrow I will not be available for the RP.
IRL matters...
Fuck.

You people really hate me do you?
This is how roleplays die.
This roleplay is going to die.

That's not a prediction. That's an accurate assessment, because at the rate that people are announcing to me they can't roleplay or are dropping out, this will not last.

Fuck.

You people really hate me do you?
This is how roleplays die.
This roleplay is going to die.

That's not a prediction. That's an accurate assessment, because at the rate that people are announcing to me they can't roleplay or are dropping out, this will not last.

A little much. Not being able to post for two days doesn't mean he is dropping out lol.

We have active team Saber, Assassin, Ruler, Lancer, and Archer and the players of teams Rider, Caster, and Berserker are still active (as they're part of those active teams), they just haven't posted for their other characters.. for some reason. So it's a bit early to be all doom and gloom, since premature declarations of death also help kill RPs.

A little much. Not being able to post for two days doesn't mean he is dropping out lol.

We have active team Saber, Assassin, Ruler, Lancer, and Archer and the players of teams Rider, Caster, and Berserker are still active (as they're part of those active teams), they just haven't posted for their other characters.. for some reason. So it's a bit early to be all doom and gloom, since premature declarations of death also help kill RPs.
By merlin's beard, boy.

have you even seen how many dead fate rps lie scattered across this site like ancient battlefields that never saw their end?

By merlin's beard, boy.

have you even seen how many dead fate rps lie scattered across this site like ancient battlefields that never saw their end?

Yeah, and this isn't one of them. When over half your teams are active you don't have a dead fate. Makes me wonder how you'd view it if caster, berserker, and rider were killed off. Would it still be a dead RP then? You're being overly negative and that hurts way more than not having all 7 teams.

Yeah, and this isn't one of them. When over half your teams are active you don't have a dead fate. Makes me wonder how you'd view it if caster, berserker, and rider were killed off. Would it still be a dead RP then? You're being overly negative and that hurts way more than not having all 7 teams.
I'm saying that Rider practically won't do anything until Day 1 or Night 1. By that time, I'm sure something of notice would have happened already.

I'm saying that Rider practically won't do anything until Day 1 or Night 1. By that time, I'm sure something of notice would have happened already.
Or we can simply, ya know, take things a bit slower. Not everything needs to be rushed ya know. The negativity is seriously annoying.

What's the harm in that? Not all 7 servants are out there fighting the moment the war begins. In literally every piece of media in Fate servants join active combat throughout the first half of the war. Even in this current season Apocrypha, you had two servants fight night one yet no one else did. You didn't even see red archer and red rider fully until episode 4.

We have active teams, others can join in as they're able. We don't need a massive 7-way free for all on the first night.

Or we can simply, ya know, take things a bit slower. Not everything needs to be rushed ya know. The negativity is seriously annoying.
What's the harm in that? Not all 7 servants are out there fighting the moment the war begins. In literally every piece of media in Fate servants join active combat throughout the first half of the war. Even in this current season Apocrypha, you had two servants fight night one yet no one else did. You didn't even see red archer and red rider fully until episode 4.

We have active teams, others can join in as they're able. We don't need a massive 7-way free for all on the first night.
Alright, alright.
Let's take it slow.

And I'm not trying to be negative. I'm being coldly logical in the sense that a vast majority of Fate roleplays die out before Day 1 starts out and the rest does so shortly after. If you want to avoid that, we need active players.

Alright, alright.
Let's take it slow.

And I'm not trying to be negative. I'm being coldly logical in the sense that a vast majority of Fate roleplays die out before Day 1 starts out and the rest does so shortly after. If you want to avoid that, we need active players.

I agree. But there's a fine line between requiring activity and heralding the end of the war. Over half the teams post virtually every single day. It's super rare to see that level of activity outside of simple RPs where everyone's spamming 1 liners.

Active players aren't even really the issue. You'll notice all of our missing characters come from people who are active on other characters. You have players with both master and servant roles, yet they only post for one and not the other. So instead of worrying about our Rider needing two days for real life issues you should be trying to address that. Because literally every PLAYER in the RP is active, or being held back by their partner not posting. So if every player is posting once a day and yet we're still missing characters, clearly activity isn't the issue.

I agree. But there's a fine line between requiring activity and heralding the end of the war. Over half the teams post virtually every single day. It's super rare to see that level of activity outside of simple RPs where everyone's spamming 1 liners.

Active players aren't even really the issue. You'll notice all of our missing characters come from people who are active on other characters. You have players with both master and servant roles, yet they only post for one and not the other. So instead of worrying about our Rider needing two days for real life issues you should be trying to address that. Because literally every PLAYER in the RP is active, or being held back by their partner not posting. So if every player is posting once a day and yet we're still missing characters, clearly activity isn't the issue.
Who's not posting?

Sheesh, I can't observe everyone!

Who's not posting?

Sheesh, I can't observe everyone!

The only players that haven't posted are Gabriel (Rider) and Noxx (Caster and Berserker Master). Every other player has posted. Noxx explicitly stated he hasn't posted because he's waiting on Caster's master to summon Caster. Caster's master is played by Shioban, who is also playing saber. There have been saber posts.

So, again, it isn't a case of players not posting. It's a case of players having multiple characters yet only posting for one of them. Every single player in the RP is active. Gabriel is active, it's just without a master he didn't have much to do until the war officially started and now he has life issues. Noxx is active, he's just waiting to be summoned because he wants to include both character's in a single post. Everyone's active, they just can't seem to handle multiple characters is all.

Just re-checked IC to make sure.

I've spotted several irregularities.
The only players that haven't posted are Gabriel (Rider) and Noxx (Caster and Berserker Master). Every other player has posted. Noxx explicitly stated he hasn't posted because he's waiting on Caster's master to summon Caster. Caster's master is played by Shioban, who is also playing saber. There have been saber posts.

So, again, it isn't a case of players not posting. It's a case of players having multiple characters yet only posting for one of them. Every single player in the RP is active. Gabriel is active, it's just without a master he didn't have much to do until the war officially started and now he has life issues. Noxx is active, he's just waiting to be summoned because he wants to include both character's in a single post. Everyone's active, they just can't seem to handle multiple characters is all.
Okay, I get it.

Hanarei Hanarei @Garuda Shioban Shioban LostHaven LostHaven LeSoraAmari LeSoraAmari Dante Verren Dante Verren cojemo cojemo Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Noxx Hollow Noxx Hollow DrakeRaids DrakeRaids Xel Xel
I request that all Masters summon their Servants if they haven't done so.

Shioban, please, summon Caster.
Then, Noxx, please, summon Berserker.

Which is why I opted out from playing multiple characters, yet I was still chastised for it. Also, as the gm Birdsie Birdsie it's your job to watch everyone and manage things in your rp.

Which is why I opted out from playing multiple characters, yet I was still chastised for it. Also, as the gm Birdsie Birdsie it's your job to watch everyone and manage things in your rp.
I feel like I'm just getting scolded by players for being a bad GM, which I am, but I think it's kind of stupid to throw down such irregularities and assume that because some player isn't posting when they should it's the GM's fault.

I am not being the hardass here that says if I can't post as Character A, I won't post as Character B as well, thus blocking Character C from roleplaying at all.

There's really nothing you can do as GM. This site has a LOT of people who, for some reason I will absolutely never unerstand, make multiple characters when they can't handle more than a single character. You then couple this with it being notoriously difficult to get 14 active, decent RPers in a single RP and.. yeah... That's why Fate RPs die, because you can't really get more than 3 or 4 active teams worth of people. That's more a limitation with the people on RPN than it is with the GM.

Either way, Hanarei Hanarei .

Your Master's good to go. Feel free to summon Rider, when he's back, or whatever.
There's really nothing you can do as GM. This site has a LOT of people who, for some reason I will absolutely never unerstand, make multiple characters when they can't handle more than a single character. You then couple this with it being notoriously difficult to get 14 active, decent RPers in a single RP and.. yeah... That's why Fate RPs die, because you can't really get more than 3 or 4 active teams worth of people. That's more a limitation with the people on RPN than it is with the GM.
No joke.
I remember the good old days.

Back when people could post almost twice per hour with at least a decent-sized paragraph of a response. That was my favorite pacing. It pushed the plot forward quickly, but with good detail.

Either way, Hanarei Hanarei .

Your Master's good to go. Feel free to summon Rider, when he's back, or whatever.

No joke.
I remember the good old days.

Back when people could post almost twice per hour with at least a decent-sized paragraph of a response. That was my favorite pacing. It pushed the plot forward quickly, but with good detail.

My theory is that people join multiple RPs, and make multiple characters for those RPs, and simply can't keep up with all their characters so they only post for the ones they want to post for.

It's precisely for that reason that I usually limit myself to a single character, and not that many RPs. No point in joining a RP if you're so busy you can't even participate.

My theory is that people join multiple RPs, and make multiple characters for those RPs, and simply can't keep up with all their characters so they only post for the ones they want to post for.

It's precisely for that reason that I usually limit myself to a single character, and not that many RPs. No point in joining a RP if you're so busy you can't even participate.
I think I can eaaasily handle a few roleplays at a time. Three or four is good for me, but never more than five.
As for characters, I usually have one or two. Sometimes, albeit rarely, three. I just can't handle anything above four, so I avoid tempting myself with making that number.

And despite that, I can still get in a response in decent speed after I've been tagged or mentioned anywhere. It's guaranteed to be at least a paragraph.

I think I can eaaasily handle a few roleplays at a time. Three or four is good for me, but never more than five.
As for characters, I usually have one or two. Sometimes, albeit rarely, three. I just can't handle anything above four, so I avoid tempting myself with making that number.

And despite that, I can still get in a response in decent speed after I've been tagged or mentioned anywhere. It's guaranteed to be at least a paragraph.

Yeah, I've learned my limits a long time ago so I avoid going past them. The only thing that comes from making too many characters is wasting my time making them and wasting other people's time trying to RP with them. Nobody benefits, so I don't do it.

I'm very sorry but my power has gone out I am using tesco WiFi right now, an electrician should be coming to try and fix it on Wednesday morning but other than that there is not much I can do.

I'm very sorry but my power has gone out I am using tesco WiFi right now, an electrician should be coming to try and fix it on Wednesday morning but other than that there is not much I can do.

I feel ya, bro. A couple weeks ago my house was struck by lightning and it fried all things related to the internet (even the network adapter on my PC). Wasn't fun having to fix all that.

... I am so tempted to put stuff in cause I know Ruler would love to be playful and tease about their identity a bit, but I don't want to go ruining it by giving out too many idle details away. XD

Also LostHaven LostHaven I'm sorry Kitty-sama! I mean not to disrepect you but is is my part in the roleplay that makes me do so! Please forgive me for my post! *bows before in search of mercy.*

... I am so tempted to put stuff in cause I know Ruler would love to be playful and tease about their identity a bit, but I don't want to go ruining it by giving out too many idle details away. XD

Also LostHaven LostHaven I'm sorry Kitty-sama! I mean not to disrepect you but is is my part in the roleplay that makes me do so! Please forgive me for my post! *bows before in search of mercy.*
lol Grimoire really wouldn't give a shit.

And you are forgiven. *hands a pop tart*

I feel ya, bro. A couple weeks ago my house was struck by lightning and it fried all things related to the internet (even the network adapter on my PC). Wasn't fun having to fix all that.
I went to Japan, and when I come back, I find my PC braindead. Not really fun either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back