• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Far Shores

Vudukudu

Farseer to the Warsong Clan
Far Shores

Far Shores is an advanced, detailed RP about the end of a civilization. Pressed on all fronts by the ravaging Lutheri, the Alliance has fallen. Man, dwarf, elf, and orc flee across the Grey Sea, a body so vast it is thought to be without end, as the heart of their empire goes down in smoke and flame. The characters will consist of people of note, doing their part to shepherd the remnants of their people to some distant land where they may rebuild anew.

This will have elements of political intrigue, as well as emphasis on the rigors of reinstating order after catastrophe. Things like conspiring against the surviving Prince are permitted and encouraged as long as its conducted well and not simply as a matter of being an edgy rebel. Characters, depending on their skill sets, may have a role in everything from taming the new land to managing scarce resources to instilling hope in people who believe all is lost and the gods have abandoned them. This means most any kind of character is acceptable, be it an adventurer or a simple priest or even a mason. You are, however, expected to be able to guide your own actions in some capacity - I am here to help you, but it will help if you have some sense of direction of your own.

While I won't allow for the killing of characters willy-nilly, expect some "realistic fantasy" in that swords do, in fact, kill people. If you make poor decisions, the world, governed by your fair and honorable GM, will punish you for it.

I'm not going to set a length limit, just write well and make sure your posts are meaningful in some way.

Hi Hi, I like the idea of running off to a new continent to start new. This also brought in the thought of the life that is already on that land. I had a few ideas as to the possible geography and life that possesses a certain area, might there be a chance of you hearing it? Or is everything already decided and cemented in place? My idea won't change anything important, just give a new area that characters can possibly explore.

Hi Hi, I like the idea of running off to a new continent to start new. This also brought in the thought of the life that is already on that land. I had a few ideas as to the possible geography and life that possesses a certain area, might there be a chance of you hearing it? Or is everything already decided and cemented in place? My idea won't change anything important, just give a new area that characters can possibly explore.

I've largely put geography to the side, as I'm not certain how much of an impact it will have. I don't expect most characters will engage in substantial traveling, so we'll mostly be dealing with a single largish locale and maaaaybe a foray or two into the areas beyond it. As for things that happen to live there, feel free to hit me with a PM and we can chat. I'm open to contributions.

Heads up to the folks who expressed interest - still taking applications, but I do plan on getting the ball rolling soon. Applications will remain open for some time after starting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back