• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission [1/4 available] Fantasy Sketches, Grumkins and Snarks! [Commish info-first post!]

'Cherry' - art inspired by mindytoki on Instagram. Not only is she absolutely beautiful but she posts amazing pictures and great pose inspiration material!

cherry.jpg

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Bless you he’s gorgeous

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes, you read it correctly! I am hosting my first ever art giveaway as a way to thank you all for your support and feedback throughout these wonderful months. Regardless of whether you are new to this thread or have been following it for a while, this might be your chance to bring your OC to life.

The rules are simple: for a chance to win the giveaway, you must send me (via PM) an excerpt of your writing - description or dialogue - that best highlights your most interesting original character, in a max of 700 words.

The artistic aspect of it is completely up to you - I am not here to judge your grammar or writing style, but simply to pick the OC I find most intriguing. The winner will receive a fully rendered portrait of the character featured in their submission, of course painted under your guidance and according to your preferences. Feel free to share this giveaway with your writer/roleplayer friends throughout the platform. If any of your other friends are interested, make sure you invite them to join the RPN family first!

Now, as a disclaimer - I am not a professional in any shape or form, but simply a student who will soon a bit of time on my hands and wants to give back to other artists/writers on this site. My choice will completely evolve around my personal opinion and should NOT be taken as white-collar feedback. The submission I pick will not be in any way above those who did not have the luck to win. Everyone's style is unique and I am positive every individual on this site is gifted.

Please don't submit your excerpts in this thread, but via PM. The contest ends on the 1st of August. BEST OF LUCK! ❤

Last edited:
I'll be PMing you, but I'm not in a good position as I'm currently on vacation in a foreign country...! Do you have a time limit?

Quick bump - 10 days left to submit your writing excerpts for the art giveaway! Make sure you read the rules before PM-ing, and of course, best of luck!

PSST
Only 5 days left to submit your entry for the giveaway! The contest ends August 1st, 7 A.M., GMT+3.
You may only submit an excerpt of your writing - action and/or dialogue scene - featuring a character of your choice. Max word limit: 700.
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exams are over and commissions are up and running! Feel free to shoot me a PM - or send me a submission for my giveaway ending tomorrow. Scroll up for the rules!

Currently EXTRA open until the end of September!

insta.jpg

Male character belongs to starboy. starboy.

Last edited:
Hello, hello! Time has come that I announce the winner of my art giveaway!

Before I go any further, I would like to thank everyone who participated, as well as all of you who have shown your support over the months I have been posting my art here on RPN. All of your submissions were a delight to read, so it was extremely difficult for me to pick my favourite one, being as objective as I could.

That being said, congrats to Simon_Hawk Simon_Hawk for winning today's giveaway! In one short submission, he was able to characterize the central figure of the story, convey mystery and tension, and even scratch the essence of his universe. I cannot wait to bring his character to life!

“My god, this place is a dump.” She muttered under her breath. The young half-elf stood in front of the ‘Tuna Fish Tavern.’ It was a dingy, weathered old place, nestled inconspicuously in a back alley of Newport. The surrounding buildings blocked the moonlight and cast their bleak outlines upon the cobblestone street below. The night blanketed the Tavern in dreary darkness. It had a steep cedar shake roofline that was overgrown with moss. Dormers protruded from the roof and had their windows smashed out, the old stone chimney looked like it would crumble from nothing more than a stiff breeze. Wood smoke and the smell of greasy food drifted from the little tavern and filled the crisp night air with their essence. Sounds of a string and flute band coalesced with the raucous voices of the patrons inside. The walls of the little tavern could not contain the racket as it hindered the rhythm of the late autumn wind. Just then a drunken old man in tattered clothes staggered out of the front door and wobbled his way to the front railing where he wretched onto the ground. He then stumbled down the stairs and crashed headfirst into a heap of trash, his arms and legs flailing wildly.

She wrinkled her nose as she examined the scene before her and exhaled slowly, her breath condensing into wisps of white. She felt small, standing there alone in the darkness.

The weight of the task at hand created an array of disturbing thoughts. Images of murderers, mercenaries, and madmen danced wildly in her mind, every type of terrible person she’d ever been warned about lurked inside that tavern. She hoped things would go smoothly and that the person she was after would come quietly.

Her instincts whispered of the danger that dwelled within the little tavern. She wanted to turn tail and go back to her warm, cozy bed to sleep, but that wasn’t going to happen as long as there was work to be done. She had accepted this job from the local adventurers guild of her own stinking free will. Giving up now was entirely out of the question for her pride would not allow quitting. She clenched her jaw and strode forward and onto the front porch of the Tunafish Tavern.

She gave the thick wooden door a single powerful front kick, her worn sabatons spoke with a satisfying metallic thud against its weight. The door groaned on its hinges as it burst open slamming against the interior wall then shuddering to a halt. Bits of dust fluttered down from the overhead beams from the impact and were illuminated by the dull lamplight like falling snow. The band ceased playing as every patron in the tavern snapped up their heads and fixed their attention towards the commotion. She stood silhouetted in the doorway surrounded by moonlight. Her cloak was ravaged, and full of holes, the tatters, and leftover pieces hung from her like writhing tentacles as the cold outside air rushed around her.

The room was as still and silent as a graveyard as everyone stared motionless at her, only the sound of a crackling fire and the lid from the cast iron stew pot rattled as the contents started to boil over. Firelight danced in her azure blue eyes as she strode into the thick, smoke-filled room. A crotchety old man with an eye patch and an unkempt beard shouted. “Close the damn pneumonia-hole ya crazy bitch! It’s colder than a witch's tits in an iron bra out there!” The crowd burst into a cacophony of chuckles, guffaws, and snickers.

She ignored them. She didn’t care an ounce what they thought about her. She only focused on finding her charge. With narrowed eyes, she scanned the crowd of misfit adventurers, mercenaries and drunks, and caught a glimpse of a large man seated alone at a small table along the back wall. She spoke loud enough to be heard “Mord Olgar, you’re wanted dead or alive for theft, kidnapping, murder and the use of Illegal magic!”

The laughter in the room ceased as the patrons collectively gasped. All eyes shifted to the man as he slowly slid away from the table and rose to his feet. Mord lumbered forward, his large boots thumped heavily on the wooden floor, tables and chairs tipped and slid aside as he literally walked through them.

“My name is Rana Ellow, and I’m here to bring you in!” She declared.

Once again, thank you for taking part in this, and stay tuned for more to come in the near future!

Cheers!

Last edited:
peritwinkle peritwinkle I am so thankful for you to have selected me as the winner! With the sheer amount of talent present it's really an honor and very humbling, thank you for putting on this contest! Really looking forward to your awesome art!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back