• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission [1/4 available] Fantasy Sketches, Grumkins and Snarks! [Commish info-first post!]

I can't get over how good the fish look- Looking at them really gives me the feeling that petting them would feel like petting a fish, and I mean that in like. The best way possible lol. I can just feel them!!!
Ahahah that’s amazing! They’d probably feel really slimy!!

This is how my art comes to be.

I don't normally post process shots because I am not comfortable with how messy they look, but I felt the need to share this.

Not only commissions, but my art in general goes through many stages of repainting and starting over, trial and error, before it reaches the level of 'compositional perfection' where I'm comfortable to share it online. It doesn't look pretty from the get-go. Sometimes it takes hours for me to come up with a sketch I'm happy with, and sometimes I decide to start over when I'm close to finishing something. Often I turn away from it, boiling and frustrated, unable to find what detail of it ticks me, details I overanalyse and think about until I can no longer see the good in a drawing any longer.

I am grateful for this platform because it enabled me to experiment with different types of characters, settings, moods, and to feel the priceless joy of bringing other writers' characters to life. I grew and evolved from the first stash of paintings I posted here about a year ago and I will continue to grow thanks to the ever glowing minds of the roleplayers who were believed in me enough to put the physical fate of their characters in my hands.

Most likely you are not here for my blabbering and blog-style posting. You (or the internet audience) want to gawk at finished paintings and maybe gather some inspiration for your own. But for the artists out there who are reading this - you are not perfect and you shouldn't be. Strive for perfection but embrace the thought you will never reach it. It's what makes your art, you.

3.png
Special thanks to ashwynne ashwynne and pointmango pointmango . This one's of Aiyda.

Last edited:
This is how my art comes to be.

I don't normally post process shots because I am not comfortable with how messy they look, but I felt the need to share this.

Not only commissions, but my art in general goes through many stages of repainting and starting over, trial and error, before it reaches the level of 'compositional perfection' where I'm comfortable to share it online. It doesn't look pretty from the get-go. Sometimes it takes hours for me to come up with a sketch I'm happy with, and sometimes I decide to start over when I'm close to finishing something. Often I turn away from it, boiling and frustrated, unable to find what detail of it ticks me, details I overanalyse and think about until I can no longer see the good in a drawing any longer.

I am grateful for this platform because it enabled me to experiment with different types of characters, settings, moods, and to feel the priceless joy of bringing other writers' characters to life. I grew and evolved from the first stash of paintings I posted here about a year ago and I will continue to grow thanks to the ever glowing minds of the roleplayers who were believed in me enough to put the physical fate of their characters in my hands.

Most likely you are not here for my blabbering and blog-style posting. You (or the internet audience) want to gawk at finished paintings and maybe gather some inspiration for your own. But for the artists out there who are reading this - you are not perfect and you shouldn't be. Strive for perfection but embrace the thought you will never reach it. It's what makes your art, you.

View attachment 655321
Special thanks to ashwynne ashwynne and pointmango pointmango . This one's of Aiyda.
just a question, do you generally develop the face first or was that just the choice for this piece?

I develop the general shape of the whole subject and then slowly add and work in portions, I don’t finish the face first and then move on.

I develop the general shape of the whole subject and then slowly add and work in portions, I don’t finish the face first and then move on.
I said develop, not finish, I can see your general work I just wanted to know where your point of interest generally fell after the initial lay-down. Your WIP is as beautiful as the finished pieces, so don't think I have any redicule for your work, I'm glad you shared this with us because it shows a thought process many of us wouldn't of thought of otherwise.

I said develop, not finish, I can see your general work I just wanted to know where your point of interest generally fell after the initial lay-down. Your WIP is as beautiful as the finished pieces, so don't think I have any redicule for your work, I'm glad you shared this with us because it shows a thought process many of us wouldn't of thought of otherwise.

Well in that case yes, I focus more on the face and keep the details to a minimum when it comes to other areas of the body, unless they’re particularly relevant to the painting (a scar, a piece of clothing, etc.). I find that the focal point of a portrait should be the eyes and eyebrows.

Thank you for that! 💗 I’d post more process shots but I know most peeps aren’t here for tutorials and the like.

Well in that case yes, I focus more on the face and keep the details to a minimum when it comes to other areas of the body, unless they’re particularly relevant to the painting (a scar, a piece of clothing, etc.). I find that the focal point of a portrait should be the eyes and eyebrows.

Thank you for that! 💗 I’d post more process shots but I know most peeps aren’t here for tutorials and the like.
It's your thread! Post what you like! :) and I know I'd like them!

I've been drawing a BUNCH to cope with stress and one of the highlights of this month was the art I made for none other than Fable Fable ! I tried to avoid spamming this thread by *not* uploading piece after piece but I could not forgive myself if I forgot to post this one. It was a pleasure playing with light this way and it inspired my painting of my character Edrei.

fyuri.png

As always, I'm ever thankful to this platform which, despite not being particularly art related, allowed me to breathe life into YOUR RP characters and helped me develop my skills not only in writing, but in digital painting as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back