• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fantasy apocalypse

fisheypixels

A writer of words and drawer of lines
Something I've wanted to do for quite some time, but ever time I've tried to do it, it didn't go well.

If you want to lead this roleplay, please go ahead. Though if not, I can.

Anyway, I'm thinking classic fantasy races. So like Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins, and Humans.

The average elf is slender, graceful, and fast/clever. Depends heavily on magic.

The average dwarf is stout, study, and powerful/clever. Prone to a combination of magic and physical labor.

The average orc is large, bulky, and powerful/brave. Depends heavily on physical labor.

The average Goblin is small, scrawny, and fast/clever. Depends heavily on book smarts.

The average human is..well, human. Just, whatever man.

There are exceptions to ever race, of course. So you could have a slender, graceful, fast dwarf. Or vice versa, a stout, sturdy, and powerful elf.

As for the time period, I'm thinking something along the lines of Victorian/industrial revolution era. Not particularly steampunk, but I am a huge fan of urban settings for apocalypse scenarios. So having that era might give us the really early guns, but still mostly melee fighting (i'll mention magic later). For transportation, we'd have zepplins (because why not?), very early cars, horses, buggies, trains, steamboats. Think the time period of/setting of Sherlock Holmes. The Robert Downy Jr. films.

Magic. I want to keep it simple. Magic takes a great deal of training so one doesn't hurt or kill themselves. Crystals are how they work. A crystal can be hooked up to some sort of energy system, or placed in a fire/in sunlight and it will pick up the charge. Obviously if placed in sunlight it will take a very long time to get a decent charge. Now whatever magic is channeled into the crystal, it only retains half. So if you were to place it in a fire for an hour, it would only keep a half hour's worth of charge.

This can get super complex, and I'm trying to keep it simple. So let's say that depending on the size of the crystal, it will determine how large a spell one can cast. If you have a crystal the size of your forearm, you can heal small cuts and bruises, light fires, small spells and whatnot. Though if you have a crystal the size of your forearm, you can do more powerful spells. so on and so forth.

The players can just determine how much charge they have. just don't go crazy god mode with it.

As for apocalypse type, that's mostly the reason for this post. Personally, I'm not a fan of the whole "The day after tomorrow" or "Twister" type of apocalypse. I prefer stuff like alien invasions, zombies, virus, that sort of stuff. Where there is a threat that is physically dealt with/cured.

So post ideas and comments and whatnot.

(forgive me if I'm using this format wrong, I've not really been online for almost a year, and haven't had much of a chance to see how the new format works and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back