• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Fandom-based] Dragons and magic and stuff - Flight Rising?

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heya! So does anyone here know anything about the lore behind Flight Rising? Yes? No?

Well, it doesn't matter, I'm gonna give you a short rundown.

So the land of Sornieth is divided into eleven elemental types, known as Flights, each ruled by dragon deity. There's the Earth Flight, Wind Flight, Water Flight, Fire Flight, Lightning Flight, Ice Flight, Shadow Flight, Light Flight, Nature Flight, Plague Flight, and Arcane Flight. Many clans of normal dragons live in every elemental province, and pay homage to their patron deity by sending clan members to work under these deities, otherwise known as Exalting a clan member. Some view being Exalted as an honor, while others see being Exalted as a death sentence. Being Exalted usually means you leave to serve in your deity's army in a never ending battle for dominance over the other Flights.

And that's basically all you need to know about Flight Rising to rp this idea I had.

So the rp idea revolves around a particularly bad battle between the Light Flight and the Arcane Flight. A siege on Light backfires horribly, and the Light Flight takes over all of Arcane territory, an unprecedented strategic success for the Light Flight. The Arcane deity, taken prisoner after the siege, is suddenly spending a lot more time with the Light deity. There's unrest within the former Arcane Exalts, and an uprising to take back Arcane territory is gaining silent momentum. But the more the Arcanist and the Lightweaver, the deities, spend time together, the more they find in common.

So yes, ship ahoy. This could go really well with the right commitment. Preferably, my partner should know more about Flight Rising, but I'll also be willing to explain stuff to someone who just likes dragons and magic and stuff. So is knowledge required? No. Is it helpful? Yes.

Comment or PM if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back