• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Famine and Love

Ellensouler

It was night time as Vesper slept in his sleeping bag, he was too poor to afford an Inn or a real bed, near the train tracks, was his only safe spot at night as he slept under one of the old rusted trains. He had to live this way, didn't want to be a part of the lottery, didn't want to be eaten for the sake of a lost cause and an insane government. He rolled and tossed in his sleep before springing up from his sleeping bag, grabbing his gun as he heard a noise.

Ace O,Malley walked around the train tracks looking for someone his mouse tail swaying behind him as he looked hopping he may be able to help someone,he lived in an underground bunker so he didn't have to deal with the lottery,but he would also be alone most of the time which was why he wanted to find someone,his bunker had water that gets filtered and just so he also has a couple of crops growing in there along with some weapons for the occasional intruder

With a quickness to his step, the fox climbed atop of the train, crawling above until he laid eyes on the mouse that was sniffing around in his territory. He aimed his gun, licking his lips until he stopped squeezing the trigger, "What the..." he noticed the boy wasn't wearing any of the four factions coats. He wasn't a soldier, just common folk. He didn't want to give away his position, he waited for the perfect moment and leaped from the train onto the rat's back, tumbling on the ground with him as he put his paw around his throat, "Who are you! Tell me!"

Last edited:
"My name is Ace O'Malley,I was looking for someone in need of help from the awful state of this place"he said lightly shivering lightly showing that he was not very strong at all,so it was clear close combat wasn't his forte

With a much looser grip now the fox cocked his head to the side, giving the rat boy a look in the eyes. From the rat's perspective, he could see a fox wearing a red coat, the part of the coat on his left arm was covered over with thick tassel like material, it was clear he only had one arm. "Nothing to help out here except a hungry fox and you look delicious...but...you're not part of the army are you...unless you're a spy..." he glared at him and squeezed his throat again.

"I'm not but if you are famished then you could come to my home,I'd really hate to see such a handsome fox like you to go to waste,it's not far"he said gently streatching his neck in order to breathe some form of air,he really did not expect this at all

For a moment the fox had to think, he didn't know if this was a trap or not, he was wanted in a couple of provinces, "Vester..." was all he said revealing his first name only as he let go of his throat with the one paw that was choking it. "And I'm not handsome, I haven't slept in days, I'm dirty and hungry.." he made that clear, confused at the rat's strange advances.

"Come follow me"the mouse said softly as he got up and led the way to his house which was very well camoflouged to look like nothing was out of the ordinary,he looked around to see if there were any people but found there was none and opened up the door a bit gesturing the fox to go inside

Vester was still vigilant and reluctant" "You first.." he kept a stern glare at him, even pointing his gun.

Last edited:
The male sighed lightly and went inside the perfectly normal living space like thing and sat down on the couch in the small area that was most likely the living area due to the farms being out back along with the bathroom and shower

The fox sniffed around the place, it seemed nice enough as he looked over the crops, "How did you survive like this? How did you get your paws on all of this?" he seemed concerned as he sat down and looked at the rat.

"Well,I won't go into too much detail but I've had this place prepared since long before the war started so I was preparing in advance"he said softly as he looked at the male with a soft smile his tail swaying

The fox still didn't trust him, it seemed too comfortable, than again he saw a lot during the way "I'm hungry" was all he could say while he looked away trying to not be rude.

The rat pressed a button to close the hatch and got up softly fetching a plate and putting some baked potatoes along with some melted cheese and a piece of bread fresh from the oven that had been making it slowly for about an hour maybe two,he set it next to the male on top of a table"I hope you like it"

With a whiff the fox smelled the food, he was a meat eater but it was better than eating other animals. "Thanks..." he took a few bites and looked at the mouse while he ate, it was actually delicious but he didn't want to show that. "This is kind of you.."

"I hope it meets you're expectation"he said softly as he then got a plate for himself it was more or less the same thing but with smaller portions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back