• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fallout: The Second Civil War

ExistentialPotato

Huggable Luv Muffin .3.
The year is 2312. Many years ago, a man known as the Courier changed life in the Mojave wasteland forever. He drove out the NCR and the Legion in exchange for a independent New Vegas.

Since then, the Courier has passed away, or gone missing, lost to history. Those who knew him went their separate ways, and no one truly knows exactly what happened.

The Mojave has moved on, sinking partly back into the way it was before. The Courier set up a powerful system, but it has crumbled, albeit slightly, over time. The NCR and the Legion are moving back into the Region, the NCR now making initial attempts at peace with the Brotherhood, and the Legion has regained mass numbers, and is beginning the campaign towards the Mojave.

You are on your way to New Vegas for a reason known to you, and you decide to stop off in Goodsprings for a spell before moving forward. Your story begins with you grabbing a drink at the local saloon, and no one knows where it may end.

For war...war never changes.

The lights were dim inside the Prospector Saloon, as they always were when it was nearly time to close. By now, most of the patrons had left, staggering drunkenly into the night air. Even Easy Pete was home, and he hardly ever left the chair on the front patio. The town seemed to be asleep, a rest that was well deserved, especially after the decades of terror and famine it had gone through.

Trudy was wiping down counters, the last thing she did before closing up shop. Today had been a day like any other, which was perfectly fine by her standards. Still, in a way, she missed the excitement that had taken place all those years ago, back when that Courier boy had shaken things up and saved their town forever. It sure was exciting.

Trudy was about to turn out the lights when a couple of people came in. Now, Trudy was a kind woman. She figured she'd stay open another half hour or so. These folks looked tired of traveling as it was. They sat down, and Trudy asked them what drinks they wanted.

Josh unwraps the cloth around his face and examines the bar. Dirty, grimy, dark. My type of place. He walks up to the counter and sits down in a chair. He looks down and breathes out. The journey had been rugged but he was getting closer and closer to New Vegas. He looks up to Trudy and grins at her. "Hi. I'm Josh. This is the part where you fall into my arms and beg me to love you."

(@ExistentialPotato, @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki )

Last edited by a moderator:
AvidElmV2 said:
Josh unwraps the cloth around his face and examines the bar. Dirty, grimy, dark. My type of place. He walks up to the counter and sits down in a chair. He looks down and breathes out. The journey had been rugged but he was getting closer and closer to New Vegas. He looks up to Trudy and grins at her. "Hi. I'm Josh. This is the part where you fall into my arms and beg me to love you."
(@ExistentialPotato, @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki )
Trudy raised an eyebrow. "Funny. Now, what'll you be having to drink?" She opened a chest, filled with various drinks, including Scotch, Whiskey, Nuka-Cola, Vodka and Moonshine. "And hurry up, I don't have all night."

Trudy grabbed a Nuka-Cola out of the box and placed it in front of him. "Another kid starstruck with the light of New Vegas, huh? Alright, well, you can reach it pretty easily by following the I-15. Place used to be crawling with creeps, creatures and radiation, but it's become pretty quiet since then. New Vegas is right past Camp McCarran. NCR used to run that place, but now it's just the Followers. They'll take you in." She walked over to the other customers and began taking their orders.

Leo strolled into the saloon and took a seat in one of the stools. He said "Hello, valued fans. I'm Leo North, inventor extraordinaire. Any chance one of you would like to purchase my patented food purifier, buy now and get some moist towelettes. Oh, and get me an atomic cocktail." Leo smiled and grabbed a small metal box with a steel chute poking out of it. The words "Med-Tek" could be seen glimmering off the device.

Trudy blinked, not sure what to make of the odd visitor. "I knew I shouldn't have stayed open this late" she muttered as she got one of the last Atomic Cocktails for the new arrival.

James started to speak before a ghoul walked in. He mentioned a food purifier and Josh smiled. For 3 years, he had been eating irradiated food and he would have killed for some good food. He went into his pocket and pull out one hundred caps. He put them on the counter and smiled at Leo. "Is this enough?"

(@Dreadpool )

A band of super mutants screamed and laughed as they chased Zeus near a saloon with barely any people. All he had was his fists and his brain. He picks up a nail board that was laying on the ground, and fought the Brutes chasing him. "Grrrr. If anyone can hear me.... I NEED HELP!!" he shouted. @AvidElmV2 @Deadkool @ExistentialPotato

Trudy perked up at a ruckus coming from outside. Several other residents of Goodsprings, including Doc Mitchell, emerged brandishing weapons. "If you gents will excuse me, I have something to take care of." She then grabbed a Shotgun from under the bar and walked out, aiming at the hostile mutants. The Mojave had grown more tolerant of Super Mutants in the Courier's example, but these fellows were clearly violent.

A fight was about to break out.

3 brutes against one with a lighter green skin. Zeus tried to fight back, but was knocked down by the 3 brutes. Then a master ordered them to stop, and walked up to him. "You will make a good target dummy, Zeus." he said with a chuckle. Zeus growled. "You will not kill me....." He said as he grabbed the master's neck. "Because i will kill you, for my family..... and my humanity." He crushed the master's neck, but the brutes stood their ground. @ExistentialPotato

James turned towards the door and pulled out a 9mm sub machine gun he got off of a bandit. He smiled and followed Trudy out the door. This was the first fight he had in weeks and he wasn't gonna pass up the chance to see a super mutant in action. He pointed the gun and one of the mutants that was surrounding the man who screamed for help, who was a mutant himself, and tightened his grip on the trigger. "Hey, ugly!" The mutant turned around and James sprayed a barrage of bullets at him. "Take that!" He backed up and watched as the mutant struggled to get to him. "Jesus Christ these things are strong!"

Zeus Tackled the mutant that tried to get to james. "Shoot them human!! Shot their head!" Zeus shouted as he beat the brute to a pulp, and had a nailboard stuck to his back.

Trudy grit her teeth, now taking cover as the whole town now started to fire upon them. "No shit, now shut up and start firing!"

Zeus then screamed as he picked up the master's Super Sledge, and killed one of the 2 remaining brutes. The last one, who was wounded by a human, Was picked up by Zeus by the neck and killed. "i wish they would stop trying to kill me." he muttered as he walked up to trudy and james. "Thank you humans.... i appreciate your help." He said as he held out his hand to trudy. @ExistentialPotato @AvidElmV2

Trudy looked the mutant up and down, and then cautiously shook the outstretched hand. "Yeah, no problem." The other settlers began to return home, and Trudy went back inside. "Well...that happened." She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. "Last Call."

"Last call? For What?" he asked inquisitively. He then collapsed as sudden pain overwhelmed him. "Healing..... need..." he said as he grunted from the pain.

James ran up the hill and looked for the doctor. The residents pointed him to the doctor and he dragged him over to the mutant. "This guy needs help. Like now." The man protested before he saw Zeus and kneeled down over him. "Damn mutants. They'll be the end os us, I tell you!" James rolled his eyes and stared down at Zeus.

(@Steel Zinogre - Sorry for taking so long to post. Piano practice.)

"Not... unless i am alive." he said in reply to james' statement. "I am much more superior than them in intelligence..... OW!" he said as he was jabbed with a stimpack. "that should do it, now don't get hurt again for a while, savvy?" the doctor said. Zeus nodded. @AvidElmV2

James smiled and helped Zeus up. This was his first time meeting super mutants and it wasn't pleasant but it would do. Once Zeus was up, he patted him on the back and smiled. "You super mutants are tough, huh? What's it like? Being a super mutant I mean? Knowing that you could crush a humans throat just grabbing it? Makes you feel powerful huh?" James wrapped his arms around his chest and tapped his foot on the ground. He was clearly testing Zeus's humanity. For what reasons, the world may never know. (@Steel Zinogre , @ExistentialPotato )

AvidElmV2 said:
James smiled and helped Zeus up. This was his first time meeting super mutants and it wasn't pleasant but it would do. Once Zeus was up, he patted him on the back and smiled. "You super mutants are tough, huh? What's it like? Being a super mutant I mean? Knowing that you could crush a humans throat just grabbing it? Makes you feel powerful huh?" James wrapped his arms around his chest and tapped his foot on the ground. He was clearly testing Zeus's humanity. For what reasons, the world may never know. (@Steel Zinogre , @ExistentialPotato )
"I loathe being a super mutant, I regret killing every human that had attacked me because they think i am a threat..... But the others..... do not like smart mutants, and kill them off." he said as he sat down with a sigh. "Being me is hard..... Everything wants to kill you, just like you humans."

James closed his eyes and smiled. "Well, at least you retained your humanity unlike those other brutes. And hey... I haven't attacked you." James patted Zeus on the back and smiled. He holstered his gun and sighed. "So, you heading anywhere special...." He knitted an eyebrow. "What's your name anyways?"

(@Steel Zinogre )

AvidElmV2 said:
James closed his eyes and smiled. "Well, at least you retained your humanity unlike those other brutes. And hey... I haven't attacked you." James patted Zeus on the back and smiled. He holstered his gun and sighed. "So, you heading anywhere special...." He knitted an eyebrow. "What's your name anyways?"
(@Steel Zinogre )
"Zeus...... and i am from D.C., getting away from my past...... and just live somewhere where humans get along with mutants like me." he said as he looked at james. "you are stronger than any human i have met...... that is a good trait."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back