• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Falling. Fading Away

Eden nodded some and gave a small smile "I meet a girl, her name is Grace. She said she would help me." She murmured to her frowning a bit "School is hard Mommy."

Max ate quietly for the rest of the night and stayed awake just trying to think over everything.

She frowned and nodded, reaching for her own hair brush, gently brushing out Edens hair. “Oh baby you need a trim, let’s see if we can get you booked in soon… it can be hard baby but it’s gonna be okay, you’re gonna get to learn so so much and you get to meet cool new friends, and me and daddy are always here to help okay?” She murmured, kissing her head and tied her hair back once she was done. “I love you. So so so much.” She murmured, cuddling her close until she ran off to play with the cats and she watched Noah come back in. “Hows my hubby?”

Ricky had struggled sleeping most of the night and looked over when she came in that morning, struggling to breathe more than normal but it had been going on all night.

Noah came back in after his phone call and gave a small smile "Hey I'm alright, you hungry at all?" He asked softly as he sat beside her kissing her temple gently "She say that she had a good day? Her teacher said that she was struggling a little but most likely because of her missing those few months."

Max gave him a small smile and kissed his cheek as she got in the next morning "Hey handsome." She murmured frowning when she finally heard how bad his breathing was "You okay? Do I need to get a nurse?"

He frowned and reached for iris, shaking his head. “They’re… working…. On it.” He wheezed to her, just wanting to see his little girl.

She sighed a little as she reached over and rubbed his tummy. “Kinda. She said she made a friend but she said school is hard… I’m gonna call up that psychiatrist I spoke to before and ask about pushing for that autism assessment for her. I don’t want her struggling through school before we find out.” She told him. “I am but I can only have soup anyway still.” She reminded him as they’d been clear that she was to stay off solids for a little while longer.

Max gave a small nod and got Iris out of her carrier smiling softly as she gave him a grumpy face identical to hers "She's a little grumpy right now." She murmured as she sat beside him and helped him hold their daughter.

Noah sighed heavily and gave a nod "Yeah I definitely don't want that for her either." He murmured giving a small smile "Well you want any specific kind of soup? I'll get whatever you want." He said softly

He smiled a little and watched her “Look like…. Your mom…. With…… that face.” He told her, frowning though when iris got scared at his wheezing and started crying, letting her go back to max before his doctor stepped in to talk to them.

She shook her head. “No. Cause all the soups I want have got pasta in them or potatoes or something.” She sighed, pouting at him a little “I can’t wait to be able to go to Taco Bell again.” She smiked, pecking his lips and just held onto him

Max took her and got her calmed giving a heavy sigh. She turned her attention to the doctor as he came in and smiled some "Hey Doc, got good news for us?" She asked hopefully.

Noah held her close and gave a small chuckle "Thats first on the list huh? Taco Bell?" He asked while he ran his fingers gently through her hair.

She nodded and smiled a little. “It is. Why don’t you go get the gremlin fed? I’ll come sit downstairs for a bit then I can do her reading with her.” She suggested.

He frowned when he shook his head. “I’m afraid not… the uh… it’s not worked. It’s continuing to spread…. I’m so sorry to tell you this but this is officially terminal.” He told them both.

Max felt her heart shatter when she heard his words. She took a shaky breath and gave a small nod "Do uh....do you have a time frame?" She asked quietly

Noah gave a small nod and smiled a bit "Alright beautiful." He murmured before he got up to make Eden something to eat for the night.

Eden ran into the kitchen when she heard him calling and got into her seat, frowning some when he set the plate down for her. “Daddy this wrong…. Daddy this the blue plate. I need pink plate for dinner….. and you did the wrong nuggets.” She told him frowning, starting to cry already. “And the… the …. The peas touch…. The ketchup!” She was sobbing at this point and saw her mom coming downstairs slowly. “Mommy I want you make me dinner.”

Ricky lay there frowning some. Even having been expecting this it was hard to hear it out loud, feeling a little sick when he said it could be anywhere from 3 months to a year right now, squeezing maxs hand tightly.

Noah frowned deeply and shook his head a bit "The pink plate is dirty baby, and these are the only nuggets we have left right now." He tried to explain gently to her but frowned deeply as she continued to cry. He looked over at Carmen as she came in and gave a heavy sigh "I don't.....I don't know what to do."

Max squeezed his hand back and took a shaky breath "Oh um....okay. When can we go home?" She asked him quietly keeping Iris close with her other arm.

She frowned a little and sighed quietly, “right you got three things you’re not happy about? I can fix two is that good enough?” She asked her, kissing her head. “Eden look at me, breathe baby it’s okay, it’s not the end of the world okay? But next time tell daddy before he’s already made dinner.” She told her, “moah here this one’s yours.” She told him, handing him the blue plate and she got the pink one out to wash it up, replating her food and making sure there was a space for the ketchup this time. “Can you try these nuggets baby?” She asked.

“You can still go home tomorrow if you so wish, we can’t force you to stay here but we can give you some resources to look into to help at home and also get your prescriptions redone for pain management.” He told them and left them to privacy while rocky lay there staring at the wall for a minute.

Noah watched as Eden frowned and gave a small nod as she started to slowly eat the food. He gave a heavy sigh feeling defeated and shook his head some "I feel like a failure when I can't calm her." He said quietly as they stood in the kitchen.

Max gave his hand a squeeze and frowned deeply "Ricky?" She said quietly just watching him carefully

She frowned and slipped her arms around his waist. “That’s okay… you’re not gonna please hee every time honey…. She’s gotta learn to handle disappointment but there are some battles not worth fighting…. And if you focus on what you need to then right now when I’m a bit useless around the house and the physical bits, let me deal with her outbursts.” She told him, kissing under his chin. “You gonna eat the cold chicken nuggets or you gonna order something?” She asked, getting her card out hee wallet on the side. “My treat.” She winked at him.

He frowned and looked over at her then over at Iris and swallowed back tears. “They’re not …. Gonna… remember.” He told her frowning. “I wanna… wanna go … home.” He mumbled, trying to keep it together for her sake.

Noah sighed softly seeing she had only tried to eat one "I'll eat the nuggets." He murmured but smiled when she handed him her card "I forget I could just be your Sugar Baby sometimes." He said with a small laugh.

Max gave a small nod and let a few tears fall "I won't let that happen...they'll know who you are." She whispered but got up to place Iris in her carrier when she fell asleep.

She rolled her eyes and pecked his cheek. “Mmm so I better be seeing the sugar.” She teased him, going to sit with Eden and sighed a little. “You feeling better?” She asked, smoothing her hair back. “You wanna help me do a grocery order tomorrow after school?” She asked her “that way you can pick out what bits you like.”

He frowned and just leaned into hee when she sat with him, not saying anything else and just sat there in the quiet with her, fiddling with her fingers.

Eden gave a small nod and pushed the chicken nuggets away "Yes please...these ones are nasty." She said quietly "I like Dino Nuggets, but Daddy said the store was out." She murmured

Max held him for a while giving a heavy sigh "You want me to call your mom?" She asked quietly

She nodded and kissed her head. “Alright but you gotta eat your peas and carrots then and maybe I have some banana and custard for dessert?” She suggested, frowning a little as she started getting pain through her back again, trying to stand carefully “Hey Noah? You mind giving me a hand?” She called to him.

He shook his head and looked up at her. “No. Just you.” He told hee, his breathing finally starting to settle again after hours of strugglingg. “I uh…. I don’t think Rory should be at home at the end.” He told her quietly. “I don’t want him to put up with that.” He mumbled.

Noah came over when he heard her and nodded "Yeah of course, come on. You want couch or bed?" He asked softly as helped her up.

Max gave a small nod and frowned deeply "Okay....we could talk to your mom. See if she'd take him for the summer." She whispered wiping at her eyes a bit.

He frowned a little and nodded. “Can’t keep my eyes open.” He mumbled, starting to drift off next to her

“Bed. Before I can’t get up the stairs.” She mumbled, leaning on him up to their room. “I love you. Very much.” She murmured, winking at him and finally got comfortable again, picking up a book to read until Eden came in to say goodnight much later, letting her pick a book for Carmen to read to her. “You gonna read to me tomorrow princess?” She murmured

Max gave a small nod and took a deep breath "Get some rest love." She whispered getting up once he was asleep and called his mother "Hey.....uh the doctor came in to speak with us....the treatments...they didn't work and they've officially declared it terminal." She explained as calmly as she could.

Eden smiled some and nodded "Yeah I will mommy." She murmured as she cuddled up as close as she could without hurting her "Mommy? When can I meat my baby brother?"

She smiled and kissed her head. “I don’t know baby. Daddy’s a little nervous about you meeting him just yet cause of germs…. But maybe, if you stay super clean and do all your baths and brush your teeth and wash your hands every day til the weekend, maybe on the weekend okay? We have to be super careful though honey cause Keaton is very fragile right now. They gotta help him get big and strong before he can come home.” She told her.

She didn’t answer for a while before nodding. “Yeah honey I’m here…. I uh…. You bring him home as soon as you can and I will make sure that your room is as comfortable as possible. You tell him I love him too.” She told her. “I’ll call his dad and sister okay? Let me let you go so I can do that alright?” She told her and eventually hung up, making the calls to family that needed to be made.

Eden frowned a bit but nodded some "Can I see a picture of him?" She asked softly gasping when Carmen showed her the photo "He is so tiny.....when he gets bigger we are going to be best friends." She assured her smiling a bit

Max called Vinnie as soon as she was off the phone with his mom taking deep a breath before he answered "Hey.....I uh...I figured this would be better said over the phone than through a text." She said quietly to him

He sat up a bit more on his couch and frowned. “Hey, I was gonna head up to see him in half an hour, what’s going on?” He asked her

She smiled and kissed her head again. “I bet you will… right you gonna let daddy put you to bed?” She asked her, giving her one last cuddle then let her go with Noah, winking at him.

Max let out a small whimper before breaking down "Its terminal Vinnie....they said there is nothing more they can do." She cried

Noah came back a while later after getting her down, eating, and cleaning up her school things. He gave Carmen a smile as he crawled into bed with her and groaned softly "God this bed is so comfortable."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back