• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fallen (Thane Korino & Fangs9090)

The people for the most part likely be unfamiliar entirely. Most were simply going to a table or another to sit down and eat or getting up to get something else to eat on their platters. Small crowds of people moved about to various places in the cafeteria and the sound of talking from various sources would make it rather hard to hear any specific conversation.

However there was of course, a familiar black cat with purple eyes standing a bit off to the right front corner (just right of the entrance). He stood there with messy white hair in a heavy coat and a pair of sweatpants. Along with another who wore a purple a hoodie and jeans and mostly hid any other defining factors or features. Simply, a stranger standing around next to him.

Hikaru had walked a little ways into the cafeteria before turning to look around. She continued scanning before she froze, spotting him a good ways away. She smiled and started to run towards him but quickly slowed to a stop again about halfway, her smile faded. It suddenly hit her that he hadn't seen her in years. She worried that he might not recognize her or even believe that it was actually her. The pamphlet was now very crinkled as she gripped it tightly, trying to make up her mind.

Juno seemed none the wiser of Hikaru's approach. He simply stood there for a few moments longer and stared at the wall. His lips and teeth mouthed a bit of a curse assuming that he would be waiting here a while for whomever was looking for him. He slipped out a very small book about the size of his palm from one of his pockets and decided to read from it quietly. Seeming to study the various pages and writing within.

The stranger briefly seemed to gaze over in Hikaru's direction but made no direct movement otherwise. It seemed just as soon as their head turned in the general direction of Hikaru, it shifted upward toward the ceiling.

Hikaru stared for a few moments more before finally working up the courage to move. The pamphlet still in hand, she slowly walked over. She stopped a few feet away and paused for a moment before she spoke. "J-Juno?"

Juno looked over to Hikaru the person whom had called his name. A stone cold stare of analysis would go up and over every inch of her as to pay attention as closely to detail as possible. It was small centimeter but his eyes did twitch a bit in surprise, in familiarity but that was quickly gone. "Yeah, who's asking?" Juno said in a bit of a gruff and tired sense.

The second onlooker started to walk away a bit. Creating a bit of a distance seeing as the person had apparently arrived. Not too far however.

"H-Hikaru. We used to play together, remember?" She gave a nervous smile. She was still afraid of his reaction, but it was too late for her to back out now. All she could do was wait to see what he would do.

Juno continued to stand there for a few moments continuing to stare closely. Seeming to be looking for something or trying to understand what was in front of him. "Hi...guess he wasn't too crazy then.." Juno would carefully and slowly approach. He appeared on edge, but that was no different from when he was standing around a second ago.

Hikaru blinked at him before tilting her head curiously. "Who?" She remained still, allowing him to look her over however he pleased.

Juno shook his head a little bit. "My brother. Pretty sure you already met him, he definitely already met you earlier today." Juno shook his head back and forth again for a moment or two and took in a deep breath. "I'm not sure if one is supposed to say welcome back or say my condolences in this situation. In truth I was expecting much more.. horror to seeing dead people walk about again. Oddly it hasn't been like that, too much yet."

Juno leaned back against the wall. "No need to building walls and bringing out survival gear just yet." Juno joked and choked it out.

Hikaru blinked. "Your...brother?" She paused as she thought back to being kidnapped and questioned. She blinked away the thoughts and gave him a small smile. "I'm glad you remembered me, though I guess you were expecting me anyway."

Juno stared at Hikaru and rolled his eyes slightly as it seemed it took her a moment to come to a realization or think of something. As best as he could read, which had been pretty well in practice over the years. He didn't know exactly what had came to mind but he had his own inclinations.

"You can say something like that. Again it is... a bit awkward to greet someone who's come back." Juno briefly pulled up his sleeve and checked a watch. Time was an important thing to keep track of. It was roughly twenty minutes or so before moving onto the next class. "Do you recall, how was the after life for you? Don't think the few I've met had, or they struggle with the details of it.."

Hikaru paused for a moment. "It hasn't been too bad. I was able to keep watching you from above for the first few years, but eventually I had duties to attend to, so I haven't been able to for a while. I'm glad to see you're still fine."

Juno did not seem particularly comforted by that statement. In fact it may have made him a bit awkward about being watched. The exception to this might be the person who was standing with whom moments ago, who seems to be playing look out at the moment. Scanning in multiple different directions for some other wandering eye that might be nearby.

"Well... guess I'm still there aren't I? Not sure if that's going to be much of an improvement or a personal choice for long." He chuckled somewhat to himself. "Not so sure what, fine is exactly anymore..but...I'm working on it.."

Hikaru nodded and paused for a moment before she seemed to catch on to his discomfort at her previous statement. "Oh, uh, when I said I was watching you, it wasn't in a creepy way. I was still young then and I just wanted to make sure you were okay. After all, you were the only friend I had back then." She paused again. "Hm, I guess you still are now."

Juno took in a deep breath and chuckled a bit. Trying his best to lighten his attitude somewhat. "Heh, guess I should have thought about that a bit, a little more.." He continued to chuckle, but there was still a clear unease and nervousness behind it. In being watched, or someone else watching him specifically. He found that rather uncomfortable, and would put it in the back of his mind for the moment or at least try.

"I guess..." He stated. Rather unsure of where else to bring this along. "Well, um....is there anything else you wanted to bring up..?"

"Uh...not really. I haven't really had any sort of plan since I came down here, but I wanted to make sure you were doing alright." She glanced around. "I'm not really sure what to do now though..."

Juno seemed to chuckle a bit at that. Simply coming here to check up on him, seemed rather.. simple and silly to himself. He couldn't help but form a bit of a smirk. "Well, as you can see. I'm doing fine, although I best hurry if I wish to grab some lunch. Think the line is getting rather long at this point. It seems the polite thing to do, by inviting you to sit down with us." Juno said more out of gesture.

"After this, I have a few, classes of which I have to attend to. Some of which I plan to immediately test out of because I don't want to deal with the nonsense of it all." He chuckled to himself. The overseer simply stood watch as they had been the entire time.

Hikaru nodded. "I'm not too hungry myself, but I'd be glad to join you anyways. Perhaps we can catch up a little?" She smiled at him, trying to not show how nervous she was getting about the other person watching.

Juno shrugged his shoulders a little. "Perhaps we can catch up a little, although I'm not sure there's much of which you want to hear about or much else of interest at the moment." Juno scratched at the back of his neck. "Since, you're not to hungry. I'll him take you to the usual spot while I fill up my tray." Juno stated and gave a slight head tilt toward the observer. He would then proceed into the large cafeteria area and beyond toward the food lines, grabbing a tray along the way.

The observer would face toward Hikaru, and gesture with a wave of a long sleeve and a bit of a grunt to follow. The Observer would start to head past various tables, seats, and people that were about in the cafeteria.

Hikaru nodded and watched Juno walk away before looking to the other guy. She waved back before following him. She looked about at the other people in the cafeteria, wondering what each of them was studying.

The Observer continued walking forward for a bit before taking a sharp left. He continued onward toward an empty table with three current seats. It was placed near a near an emergency exit, the large sign with glowing red letters highlighted that and a soda machine was not too distance from it either. The Observer did briefly seem to perk up and pick up on something. Slowly shifting under the table and gesturing Hikaru to follow under as well with a flap of a long sleeve.

A scream broke out from the other side of the cafeteria. The sound of a tray clattering down to the ground.

Hikaru blinked and tilted her head as she watched them climb under the table. She almost started to follow before the scream caught her attention. She turned and looked towards the source of the commotion.

The Observer made no more motion toward Hikaru. Instead staying under the table and remaining silent. Not wanting to be seen any further from those distanced across the room. It well knew there was a bit of danger or one of the returned ones in the area at this point. It, that is to say the Observer also knew very well that was likely the cause of the scream and the situation that was beholding at hand. There was no reason to get involved or interfere as not much more of a ruckus had occurred.

A guy in a torn up and bloodied sports coat with the team logo was approaching slowly toward a girl with an enraged looked across his face. If one looked it could be seen that he had a rather lean and well tone look about him. He was also dripping wet with water.

The girl however was approaching back toward the wall behind her. Seeming to be horrified and barely resisting a complete shock in panic. In a regular pair of clothing, jeans, and a T-shirt that had the picture of some book character or another. Completely surprised by the sight of this person.

Her angelic training and former duties still fresh in her mind, Hikaru quickly moved towards the scene without a second thought, instinctively feeling the need to assist. She stepped between the two, planting her feet firmly on the ground as she faced the guy. She said nothing, only giving him a cold stare.

The Observer should have perhaps given a bit of more of a warning about the particular situation. Although, they couldn't speak very well and especially not fast so by the time they would even try Hikaru would be long gone to try and assist.

The girl smiled somewhat seeing Hikaru or someone else step into the scene. "Yes! Yes! Protect me! Protect me whomever you are! From this horrid beast that would surely kill me!" She would say a bit dramatically. The crowd would slowly turn toward the girl in disbelief, wonder...and growing anger upon most of their faces. A few were already picking up chairs, trays and the like in suspicion.

The guy simply stood there, he was drenched from head to toe. His eyes were pale and dull in color, more of a faint grey if anything. The cold stare did nothing, if he could even see it. He would try to approach the girl again, as if Hikaru wasn't even in the way. His mouth would open, but only gurgles and the like as if choking. "ghkkk....ghwwt.....xeeen.....vyou...." All of it was nonsense as a deluge of water began pouring outward from his mouth like an endless river.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back