• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fall into darkness (a badass fantasy RP.)

WeaselThor

The Thundering Mustelid
c1382090e260293ad02c023055fae94c_ladytp-robb-stark-by-moviescostume-in-deviantart-game-of-gia...jpeg
Welcome to the world of Kalendurel. A massive planet whose outermost edges have yet to be explored. It is home to all manner of lifeform, even those from other realms. But among gods, dragons, man, and beast one thing is a common trait. Magic...

Kalendurel is one of the most magically charged dimensions in all of the multiverse. Even children have been known to use the mysterious energy source. Hell even the animals of this world have magical inclination, the force permeates everything from the grass to the air and everything in between. It is a natural force that all living things possess and without it beings cannot live.

This over saturation of magic is not without its negative side effects, horrible aberrations roam the world, constructed by the world and magical use, weather phenomena are far more dangerous than in our mundane world, and terrifyingly powerful titans lurk in wait in different places across the world. By far the most dangerous however are those with ancient knowledge and ill intent. With magic, an evil man can accomplish much.
b1175770167031d7c51a9947c931e4ad.jpgEspecially and evil man like Balmond Calderan. A dark hearted man from a vastly powerful legendary family of holy knights. In his wrath at the conviction and execution of his wife he has unleashed a new form of evil and horror upon the world. In the form of the world of Cyribdis, a hellish world which is an outpost of the realm of eternal darkness, which has been lead by Balmond to take the world of Kalendurel by force and drag it to the depths of the multiverse where the darkness dwells.

Their technology exceeds our own, their numbers exceed our own, and dark gods fight on their behalf. But we have each other, we have steel, and we have magic. Man or women, Good or evil, weak or strong, rich or poor...the lady of Cyribdis and her hordes come for you all, she makes no deals, she takes no prisoners, she cares for no alliances. So stand and fight with us now, or fall alone and divided, the choice is yours.
zeen-chin-byrdy-confidant-of-satan.jpg

(Hello you guys. Making a fantasy story again after a long time. This story is pretty damned intense to be honest. We have an incredibly powerful wizard from our world who basically brought gods, monsters, and armies in from a very harsh and hostile realm into our realm. They are so deadly that ongoing wars, and even millennia long clashes between the gods have been postponed to form a shakey alliance to stop this mighty invasion. Legendary heroes from all over the world of Kalendural are arriving to fight for survival even those who have been longstanding enemies are setting aside their differences.

The lore is open to whatever you want for your character, but any large scale events that occur in backstories can either be regional events that effected only their home country, or you can run global ones by me. Keep in mind Kalendural is roughly 8x the size of earth, and there is alot of undiscovered or unexplored land to build off of. Once enough interest is here for it ill make the main pages. Any questions you may have i will gladly answer here.)​

Last edited:
I have to work really soon, but do you mind if I PM you some questions I have once I'm available?

Examples of legendary heroes
(These characters are cannon.)​
a444305f5c57bab6087ab43acfb1eb64--fantasy-male-fantasy-rpg.jpg
Jinsieg Tobias
The Summoner of Tyrados.
This young hero is reknown fur using his skills as a sword duelist and summoning magic to take the city of Tyrados back from the Bandit King of the east Syrin. In the battle for the city he claimed more than 400 bandit lives with his own blade, and numerous hundreds more with his summons. He is the inventor of the delayed Snap summon spell. Which allows him to leave a rune which summons his disired being after a set time delay.

aladdin_by_genzoman.jpg
Prince Ahi Zim of Darigaas.

The desert nation of Darigaas is well known for its ancient ruins belonging to the precursors of man. Despite his young age The princes vast resourses, and nearly non existant responsibilities have allowed him to become the worlds leading explorer of these ruins. He has discobered countless powerful artifacts and managed to escape traps that have been effective for millennia. His he has even managed to survive a run in with the legendary Sand worm king, no small feat considering entire cities have vanished into the worms maw.

anastasia-bulgakova-crowleyii6.jpg
Deucalion Zion.
The Fallen Hero
Once a proud hero deucalion met a foe he could not overcome in the form of the demon Pyrothenon. This demon had nearly completed a plan to set fire to the whole planet and with no other option deucalion sealed the demon within himself. While he was granted tremendous supernatural power, becoming one of the most powerful beings on Kalendurel, he also lost his humanity. Many would say he also lost his mind, he seems no longer interested in preserving life, rather in finding powerful foes to destroy with utter disregard for collateral damage. Many would say he isnt even a hero anymore.

c9af6026173a115f7de94472e7c1a353-d8ge7lf.jpg
Cielia the Dancing blade.

An orphaned girl sold to a wandering dancing show at a young age Cielia possessed something rare even amongst the realm of magic. A connection to the afterlife, specifically the domain of fallen soldiers. She can enter a trance like state where she becomes indwelt by the countless souls of those who have died in battle. This indwelling grants her a massive buff to her speed, strength, and magical resistances, but the most incredible thing is her body essentially adopting the muscle memory of those who have fallen in battle. This grants her the equivilant of hundreds of thousands of years of combat experience and make her one of the worlds most formidable warriors. However outside of this indwelt form, she is only a 16 year old girl with no combat experience and paltry magical skills.​

View attachment 528298
Welcome to the world of Kalendurel. A massive planet whose outermost edges have yet to be explored. It is home to all manner of lifeform, even those from other realms. But among gods, dragons, man, and beast one thing is a common trait. Magic...

Kalendurel is one of the most magically charged dimensions in all of the multiverse. Even children have been known to use the mysterious energy source. Hell even the animals of this world have magical inclination, the force permeates everything from the grass to the air and everything in between. It is a natural force that all living things possess and without it beings cannot live.

This over saturation of magic is not without its negative side effects, horrible aberrations roam the world, constructed by the world and magical use, weather phenomena are far more dangerous than in our mundane world, and terrifyingly powerful titans lurk in wait in different places across the world. By far the most dangerous however are those with ancient knowledge and ill intent. With magic, an evil man can accomplish much.
View attachment 528297Especially and evil man like Balmond Calderan. A dark hearted man from a vastly powerful legendary family of holy knights. In his wrath at the conviction and execution of his wife he has unleashed a new form of evil and horror upon the world. In the form of the world of Cyribdis, a hellish world which is an outpost of the realm of eternal darkness, which has been lead by Balmond to take the world of Kalendurel by force and drag it to the depths of the multiverse where the darkness dwells.

Their technology exceeds our own, their numbers exceed our own, and dark gods fight on their behalf. But we have each other, we have steel, and we have magic. Man or women, Good or evil, weak or strong, rich or poor...the lady of Cyribdis and her hordes come for you all, she makes no deals, she takes no prisoners, she cares for no alliances. So stand and fight with us now, or fall alone and divided, the choice is yours.
View attachment 528296

(Hello you guys. Making a fantasy story again after a long time. This story is pretty damned intense to be honest. We have an incredibly powerful wizard from our world who basically brought gods, monsters, and armies in from a very harsh and hostile realm into our realm. They are so deadly that ongoing wars, and even millennia long clashes between the gods have been postponed to form a shakey alliance to stop this mighty invasion. Legendary heroes from all over the world of Kalendural are arriving to fight for survival even those who have been longstanding enemies are setting aside their differences.

The lore is open to whatever you want for your character, but any large scale events that occur in backstories can either be regional events that effected only their home country, or you can run global ones by me. Keep in mind Kalendural is roughly 8x the size of earth, and there is alot of undiscovered or unexplored land to build off of. Once enough interest is here for it ill make the main pages. Any questions you may have i will gladly answer here.)​
I'm interested, though I will probably take the next couple days to conceive a character that has an interesting back-story :)

Important villains

I'm interested, though I will probably take the next couple days to conceive a character that has an interesting back-story :)
No problem i dont intend to start this rp until Monday. Let me know if you have any questions.

Examples of legendary heroes

View attachment 528307
Cielia the Dancing blade.

An orphaned girl sold to a wandering dancing show at a young age Cielia possessed something rare even amongst the realm of magic. A connection to the afterlife, specifically the domain of fallen soldiers. She can enter a trance like state where she becomes indwelt by the countless souls of those who have died in battle. This indwelling grants her a massive buff to her speed, strength, and magical resistances, but the most incredible thing is her body essentially adopting the muscle memory of those who have fallen in battle. This grants her the equivilant of hundreds of thousands of years of combat experience and make her one of the worlds most formidable warriors. However outside of this indwelt form, she is only a 16 year old girl with no combat experience and paltry magical skills.​

oi! Did you steal that last idea from me? :P

I’m interested! I do have a question though, are gods and such free reign or is there an already established mythology and stuff?

I’m interested! I do have a question though, are gods and such free reign or is there an already established mythology and stuff?
Id prefer people not play as gods, but feel free to invent your own for your hero to follow. In this world there are The gods and the angels making up the spheres of order, light, life & creation. Their opposites are Devils and Demons who weild the power of Chaos, darkness, death, & destruction. Though they represent different sides both are technically divine beings.

All that said. Demi-gods & Half-Devils called Tieflings are playable (Angels & Demons cannot reproduce so half breed of those are impossible.)

Id prefer people not play as gods, but feel free to invent your own for your hero to follow. In this world there are The gods and the angels making up the spheres of order, light, life & creation. Their opposites are Devils and Demons who weild the power of Chaos, darkness, death, & destruction. Though they represent different sides both are technically divine beings.

All that said. Demi-gods & Half-Devils called Tieflings are playable (Angels & Demons cannot reproduce so half breed of those are impossible.)
Pfft, playing a god would be too overpowered so instead I’ll just be playing a crusader knight who has found his life as being a devout follower to gods.

Alright, well, my main question was already partially answered while I was gone XD Basically it was gonna be how much freedom I'd have to import my own Fantasy world as its own separate kingdom in this realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back