• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fading Flame (In Character)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

latest

Audun the Fallen
a6066c1df78ef009ed3ecc1481f83547.jpg

Disposition: Slightly Good
Interacting With: Midrick Midrick FTR FTR shadowz1995 shadowz1995
Mentioned: Vyseryx Vyseryx Kabboom Kabboom

latest

divider.png
"So what's with all of these 'guardians' as you call yourselves, I know that there was an attack last night but geez, does that really warrant a small platoon? Sorry, if I came off a little abrasive just a way of feeling people out. "

The armored man took off his helmet and offered a hand. Audun's hand met with his and gave it a firm shake. The paladin was glad he didn't lash out. He felt that if he did, he'd only end up being more hypocritical than he already was. He was a Paladin of the Light wielding Dark magic against the Darkness. What could be more hypocritical? He had wanted forgiveness for his mistakes and perhaps the first step was proving that he himself was a person who can show forgiveness himself. "The attack just happened, most likely because the presence of this many Guardians scares people out of their minds. We're to group up before we head off for a mission for the Empire."

The man looked at Taryn and nodded towards her, "She you're girlfriend or something?"

Audun remained silent for a moment. He didn't know what to call Taryn. Their relationship was very much past "just friends," but the things they did together would be considered shameful, given that they were not married. Some people may not have an issue with sexual acts outside of marriage, but for a paladin of the Church? It would be the ultimate shame. Before the silence grew to be awkward, Taryn spoke up, "Wife. We're married. He doesn't like to say that we're married, since people start to come up with all these rumors. 'How does a paladin get such a beautiful wife?' and 'A woman like that won't stay faithful to a husband that's always away'. Audun here wants to spare me the shame. A true paladin."

Audun appreciated that Taryn used her quick wit in the situation, but couldn't help but feel that her lies might backfire later on. While he let the succubus talk, he heard the sorceress's shadow speak.

“She….wants….away….from….you….”

So the fearful presence was a girl. Audun might have been offended by his words had he not been among the Mundane* for as long as he had been. He could tell that little shadow more than just passively fearful. His aura must have confused and terrified her. A strong Light aura enveloped by a Darkness similar to her's. A hybrid between Light and Dark would terrify any reasonable person, and likely incur the interest and/or aggression of the Empire. He nodded at the shadow and would let the girl get used to his presence through time. He turned away from the shadows and back to the man he was talking to a moment before.

"Any chance you and your friends would be looking for someone to join your merry little band of killers? I also know a person who is real good at patching up hurt people. "

Audun reentered the conversation before Taryn could create a web of lies he couldn't possibly keep up, "I'm not the one to ask. Healers are always needed, but you'll have to ask our leader first. I only represent the Church in this group, so I hold little authority. The man's over there, his name's Jericho."

divider.png

Hmxuwi8.png

Hearthfall Season - Dawn
Sashi
Townhall, Frontierville

• “Druid, do you have any experience in crafting magical staffs? I.. or even we?... could use those for the time in forest.”

Sashi shrugged, with her cloak sliding off her pale shoulder, as she replied. Curious of what the sorceress had schemed, the druid threw out a friendly gesture, although remaining cautious beneath her open facade.

"Some bits of crystallization and rune-crafting here and there. Might be enough to reinforce and balance a staff, but its channeling properties, you will have to figur-... Oh my..."

A strong gale would interrupt her sentence, casting her cerulean cloak away with the wind. Her robes expanded with every step, as both her hands flailed about what momentum she was gaining. Her lady-like jog betrayed her apparel as a forest dwelling. The druid chased her cloak down the street and towards an open alley. Boosting herself into the air using a couple of wooden crates as her lift, Sashi caught her fleeting cloak, but misjudged her fall.

CLANG!

A metallic object would eject the druid backwards, giving her a brief sight of ephemeral stars and a red forehead. She looked up to a tall paladin, whose immaculate armor had a minuscule mark of her's forehead recent impact against it. She got up, brushing off the dirt off her white robes and waved at the man, along with his pretty fairy.

"Um... hi. Sorry about that! Ehehe... Druid of the Elbe Forest, Sashi, at your service. I don't believe I have met your acquaintance. Who might you be, o' tall paladin?" the druid smiled brightly to make up for her clumsy ways.

She folded her cloak and tucked it in between her gloved arms and bosom, like a maid with a blue towel. As she awaits his reply, she would wrapped her soft upper lifts inwards and blew gently on her red forehead. Her amber eyes reached its apex, as she adjusted her breathe's to fling aside her fluffy hair that fell in between her nose bridge.

Translation Notes
    N/A

Jericho

"Fuckin' Angels. Why the hell do we have to clean up that wingboy's mess? He can go burn his own damn bodies!" a voice hissed from the distance, coming from a frustrated young guardsman having to drag the bodies cut down by Audun. "Watch what you say, lad, they don't muck around with loudmouths. And neither do I. Shut up and keep dragging." came the response from another more seasoned guardsman atop the wall, moving to the remaining hanged bodies with a dagger in hand, glancing over in the group's direction, specifically at the Chaplain. With a nod from the man, the seasoned guardsman, along with a few others, cut down the remaining bodies, eliciting a small bit of booing from civilians passing by. A faint "Fuck's sake!" could be heard coming from the young guardsman below, as Jericho made his way towards the Giant, nudging at his foot.

With a little rough pushing, the Half-Giant wakes, shaking his face while reverting a sitting position. But even so, his torso still towered over Jericho, at eye-level with his polearm weapon. Feeling a bit intimidated by both the Half-Giant's size and his own height shortcomings, Audaton puffed his chest slightly and inched upwards. "Wha? Who?" The Giant exclaimed, his right hand reaching instinctively towards his big Claymore. "Easy there, Giant. What's your name?" Audaton said, activating his Clarity just in case the Giant is a bit agitated. "Tharek. Tharek Mortaghen be my name. Who are you?" The Half-Giant queried, standing up to his full height, towering half a head over the tip of his Halberd. "Jericho Audaton. I'm the leader for the Guardian group that's headed to the forest. You with us?" Audaton replied, disappointed in his inferior posture and size. A simple nod from Tharek. "Good. Wait here until we get this show on the road." Jericho said gladly, as he begun walking back. A faint murmur, "Show? What show? There is no show here. Are we displaying something for the Darkborne?", coming from the confused Half-Giant can be heard, as Jericho reaches the lead wagon.

Scoutsman Clanus stood there awaiting duty, with lightweight hide armor and shortsword being sharpened with a pebble in hand. The pebble had been used for a while now, as a clear dent due to erosion was visible. "Hey, cut it out. We'll need the pebbles, and it's not good for your sword." Jericho said, grabbing the small stone from his hand. A small shrug from the scoutsman was ignored, as Jericho turned to the group, his group, and addressed them all. "Gather round, people!" Turning back to the scoutsman, he continued. "Tell us about the route to the forest outpost. Temperature, ground, weather, anything. Any monsters? Assets in the area? What to expect?"

Clearing his throat, Clanus begun listing things off from the top of his head. "The soil is fertile this time of year, so you won't sink in, even with all that armor. It's rather moist and cool this week, so no need to remove much armor, I hope. As we get into the woods, you'll find the ground to be somewhat... unsettling, due to Darkborne infestation. Even the Wolfhorses don't like it, so they'll be antsy once you get into the forest. I would suggest for most of you to dismount once you're there, the Darkwoods is not a good place for a horseman. Raining is uncommon this month, but I wouldn't be surprised if it started pouring in the evenings or noon. As for monsters, our scouts report hostile wildlife flourishing, expect all the ones you find in a normal forest, times one hundred. Darkborne activity has increased drastically too, with Cerebrate sightings becoming a lot more common. It seems they burrow into the ground at daytime, as some of our own unlucky scouts have found out." He sighed, whilst looking down for a brief moment, as if mourning the dead yet again, before glancing back up. "That's all. Any more questions? If you have them, don't hold back." Jericho said, nudging the center of attention away from the thankful scoutsman. Clanus never was a man to speak in front of a crowd, and was more than content to listen.

SCSaya06 SCSaya06 Trappy Trappy hostage hostage Nightblade Nightblade Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight Octo Girl Octo Girl Sybil Sybil Midrick Midrick CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell Aryasaurus Aryasaurus QizPizza QizPizza -robert- -robert- Vyseryx Vyseryx FTR FTR D. Rex D. Rex shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Last edited:
v1a3gDI.jpg

Pryonn & Kaatl

"Our destiny calls and we go~ And the wild winds of fortune shall carry us onward, withersoever they blow~ Onward to glory we go~" A knight sang a merry tune, fairy upon his shoulder humming along as they gallivanted about the street, a stark contrast to the worried hustle and bustle of the villagers hurrying about to do their daily deeds.

So thoughtlessly did he stroll out of the alleyway that he just scarcely spotted the shadow of a lost cloak flapping above, taken along by playful wind. Barely time to notice the thing, the knight was completely caught by surprise when a human-shaped object suddenly clashed into his front with a resounding 'clonk', forcing him a step backwards as Kaatl precariousely flapped her wings in an effort not to fall off.

Catching himself, momentarily glancing sidewards to check on the fairy, the knight turned his attention to the groaning figure on the ground, rubbing her forehead in pain and daze while clutching the azure mantle from earlier in one hand. He did recognize her from earlier, yesternight, when the makeshift weapon against the Cerebrate was being assembled. "Missus... 'Sashi', was it?" he asked, voice holding a questioning tone before rapidly turning to cheer "Lady of Meadow! Of Flower and Willow!"

Recovering quickly, the druidess stood up and addressed him with clumsy vigor. "'Who am I'?" He echoed her question, mustering her form. Dirtied yet energetic from the fall, she gave all the signs of one faithful forest fellow, though her fine clothing and her apparent lack of abhorrence for metal marked her as a somewhat different sort, perhaps. But what mattered was that her question presented a fine opportunity to cheer her up from the ungraceful impact!

"Our names, is it?" he clarified her inquiry, grin audible within his voice "Who we are? Why, this calls for an introduction led with proper grandeur!" Pryonn gave a cheeky laugh. The fairy gave a joyous giggle, wings flapping to allow her to hover just above the knight's helmeted head. The smile on her lips broadened in a barely-contained outburst of mirth as the knight straightened himself, hands held open as if to welcome the druidess in an overly dramatic fashion.

"The better question would be less as to who we are, but more to what we aspire!" the knight called with confident joy, plated arms rising in jubilation, hands held open as if to grasp the ceiling "A crusading duo we are! To dream the impossible dream! To run where the brave dare not go! To fight the unbeatable foe!"

Enthusiastically the fairy, hovering just above him, mirrored the knight's posturing as he continued to exclaim "To right the unrightable wrong! To try when our arms are too weary!" his voice rose further, preparing for the incoming peak as he declared with unwavering boldness "To reach the unreachable star!"

Striking a pirouette the knight announced with uncontained vigour "Fairy Kaatl and Sir Pryonn! We are the glorious Wings of Hope! Victory pose!", the duo froze in their heroic posturing with their fists in the air.

After a few moments, Kaatl seated herself on the knight's shoulder again, who in turn gave an audible cough as he lowered his arms, his voice returning to a more contained volume "I actually wanted to call our dynamic duo 'Avengers of Justice', but that was already taken, and Kaatl insisted on the whole 'Wings' thing..." the fairy crossed her arms in a decisive manner, determination written on her face "...so here we are! We met just last night, if you don't remember, back at the Cerebrate and all. Why did you decide to use me as a cushion? Do you feel better?"

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Hmxuwi8.png

Hearthfall Season - Dawn
Sashi
Alleyway, Frontierville

• Sashi would chuckle lightly before bursting out laughing at the two, whose striking poses would give her a sense of comfort and entertainment. Wrapping her cloak around her shoulders and back, she would answer the duo with an earnest and endearing voice.

"What a show of grand posture! Ah yes, I do recall your appearance, Sir Pryonn. Forgive me for my oblivious thoughts and blunder. As for your hospitable assistance, the troubling wind had stolen my treasured cloak. Upon my misguided descend, I stand here with my apologies, O' fair Guardian."

Rubbing her forehead a bit, she would join her arms and curtsied as a gesture of respect. Taking in a light breathe, the druid continued, opening her hand towards the light of the street's end.

"There is little to be suffered from such a light fall. Come, O' brave Wings of Hope...."

Cracking a bright smile on her face, Sashi would cook up her own pose as well, in an attempt to pay homage to her friendly acquaintances. Spinning around upon the cobbled road with her light feet, the druid's waltz would end with her delicate, white hands masking her face beneath its shadow, before unfurling forth towards Kaatl and Pryonn like a blooming Edelweiss*. Extending her fingers' reach, Sashi's voice would call out to the paladin and his fairy with an inspiring spirit.

"... let us receive the light's embrace together and join the other Guardians in our common quest of the Light!" said Sashi as the rising sun slowly rose over the towering houses, reflecting her silky-white hair and skin like a morning greet to a spider's home. Blooming in the sunlight, alongside the paladin's immaculate armor, as the flower of Elbe Forest.

Translation Notes
    1. Edelweiss: A white mountain blossom that blooms in the Winterreach season. Usually found in the northern part of the empire near Vainlight Valley, while common in Sarmania.

OOC:
    And then the trio would go on to do a musical. (+5 morale)

Last edited:

8QndAck.jpg

OAl3OoW.png

Hearthfall Season - Dawn
Maria
Townhall, Frontierville

• "And one last thing you have to do. Stay safe, and stay alive."

There was something in the man's voice when he uttered these words. Although it was faint, Maria could not help but noticed it, and looked up to Jericho as she was loading barrels of freshwater onto the caravan. Somewhere in her heart, she felt as if the man before her eyes had experienced loss. The formidable halberd-wielding duellist was reduced to a desperate man in her eyes. Something was taken away from his heart, and he could not do anything but watch as it happened. Was it Anvil Team, she wondered. These weak words, coated in the stern-voice of a commanding figure, was almost like a plea towards the expeditionary group, and it was all he could give. Maria disregarded the thoughts in her mind as soon as they came. For all she knew, she was just overthinking it.

As Audaton headed towards what apparently was a sleeping Giant. Maria whispered the reply.

"And you. Be well."

The druid soon left her side, going after that cerulean cloak of hers, as a sudden breeze had carried it away. Left on her own, Maria decided to finish loading barrels of freshwater. Less job for the busy troops, she figured. After all, it was their expedition. They were supposed to pack and check their own equipment. Looking up from the barrels, her eyes were met with her soon-to-be companions, most of them seemed occupied with chatter and such. The Guardian only shook her head as she lifted the last barrel onto the caravan. She could only guess how the journey would turn out for such a careless group, but that did not matter too much. Maria is always prepared for the worst.

Hopping down from the caravan, she looked for a corner to remove some of her armour as Jericho suggested. Settling on a clean stump, she started loosening the bronze chainmail, leaving only the cuirass above the fabrics. With the sallet helm on her lap, her brown hair rested freely as Maria chugged down some more of that local beverage she had bought earlier on the way here. The day was getting hotter as the Sun rose just above Frontierville's rooftops. They should be getting ready to move soon.

As she was making her way back to the caravans, Jericho was there with a scoutsman, he then addressed the group, assembling them. Maria called out in assistance.

"Come on, cut the chatter people. Let's get ready to move out already!"

The scoutsman then proceeded to brief them with what to expect in the Darkwoods. To Maria, it sounded as if the man just listed things off from the top of his head, and they needed more details than this to operate. As the scout went on, Maria prepared a couple of questions in her head. When the man finished, she voiced her share.

"Be detailed, scoutsman, there are hostiles other than the Dark beasts too, yes? If so, what are we looking at? Also, are there any friendly assets in the area we might be able to expect assistance from?"

Margot

[Disclaimer: <syntax> means that Margot uses telepathy to explain the abstract concepts to Viles]

Margot turned on her heel, and quickly walked away from group, hiding in the dark alley close the meeting point. She turned to her new shadows with a soft, but demanding voice.

‘I think you will have to show yourselves to the rest of Lightbornes, if you want to travel with us. Hiding would create more problems than it would solve.’ Sorceress said shortly, and focused her thoughts on Alma. 'My dear, I know you are scared, but I cannot help you, if you won’t do what I need from you.'
She sat next to Viles and took a deep breath.

‘Others won’t <trust> you. I will do my best to convince them otherwise, but.. it won’t work, most likely.’

Sorceress looked seriously over her two new… charges, for the lack of better word.

‘So, I want you to act, as if you were <planning to join me from the very beginning>. Act as if you were my <servants>. A <deception> of sorts.”

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 FTR FTR

Jericho

"Good question. Clanus?" Jericho echoed Maria, glancing back at the man. Clearing his throat once more, the scoutsman spoke. "Uhm, my scout comrades report Darkwolves, Runners, Cerebrates, Ravagers, Cavities, Sparkies, and a few Whip Apes at the entrances to the woods. They also report heavy Mockwild and Hammergrazer presence around the forest outpost, but we can worry about that later. As for friendly assets, we have an Imperial escort detail assigned with you, but not much after that. I'll be scouting ahead of you too, but no guarantees on us scouts helping you lot. Besides, nothing you guys can't handle, huh?" Clanus delivered a small speech, ending it with a rather awkward joke. The time was not right, even for such a light-hearted poke at the group's apparent capabilities. With a pat on Clanus' shoulder, Jericho continued.

"Everyone good? Alright. Let's saddle up and head out-" he spoke, but was then interrupted as the Scoutsman, along with a few other guardsmen, begin to draw their swords in a mix of confusion and fear. "What the hell is that?" the men exclaimed, pointing to a particularly dark shadow on the ground, near Audun and the mage. A quick witted activation of Clarity and some awkward 'negotiating' later, the shadow, now revealed as two Viles, were uneasily accepted into the group formation, and the wagons were well underway. Wolfhorses bark as they are mounted by the men, whilst the Giants, Half-Giants and... others, walked, or attempt to sit on or inside the wagons, giving the drivers a hard time.

Wooden wheels and horseshoes begun the endless process of eroding themselves once more. First, on the cobble pavements of Frontierville's streets, then transitioning to the soft, yet hard dirt, becoming dirtier and dirtier with every step. Illuminated by a rising sun, they continue the process, the horse's feet rising and slamming down onto the ground at a relaxed, yet rushed pace, as the group makes for the Darkwoods. The Wolfhorses' manes flutter in the air, as breezes of cool wind pass through both steed and rider, even eliciting a few faint sneezes and humorous laughter from the escorting guardsmen. Fresh dirt, petrichor lingering within them still from the days before when it rained, kick up into the windy breeze, making it hard for Jericho to see the fluid, almost mechanical flow of his Wolfhorse's legs as they gallop him forwards. His mind was not on the mission, or even the current reality, for that matter. His mind was residing within himself.

It was also like this back in Anvil Team, too. Soft wind, rising sun. The faint smell of weirdly aromatic ground being kicked up into the air by iron hooves, with a blurred Imperial seal on the bottoms, next to the nails that keep the horseshoes fixed in place. A small sneeze, a hushed giggle. He could almost feel his then-commander riding ahead of his own horse, keeping to himself as usual. The commander never did like to socialize much, being a veteran and all. Audaton could feel the presence of all his seasoned teammates, and the close touch of a dear friend, riding almost alongside him. Along with these memories, came thoughts of doubt. If he couldn't even save Anvil Team from the Darkborne hordes, what would become of these ragtag part-time bandits and full-time demons that he had to command? Could he truly overcome himself, and do what he couldn't do before? 'No, Jerry, forget that. Forget this. Focus.' He snapped himself out, and just in time.

__original_drawn_by_cxykinya__sample-6199574ca8a0997655124adc1502a028.jpg

"Sir? Siiir? We're here. Almost, at least." spoke Scoutsman Clanus' voice in his left ear, notifying him of his surroundings again. Their little convoy has slowed down, allowing the tired wagon horses to keep up the pace. They were about less than 5 minutes from entering the Darkwoods, the forest's iconic tall pine trees visible even from afar, standing obviously tall over the regular flora. As one looks deeper into the forest, signs of Darkness devastating the wildlife can already be seen, albeit still faintly. Sickly blackening leaves, wooden bark turning to ashes and stone, even the grassy floor is littered with a few stiff patches, unflinching to the fall's wind, having dried out due to lack of nutrients. Nutrients, no doubt taken by the Darkness gnawing at the ground.

"We're getting close. Stay sharp, everyone." Jericho said, reaching his left arm behind to unhook his Halberd, and holding it the way a cavalryman would hold his lance. The Halberd had a spike on the tip, after all. Patting his Wolfhorse lightly, he slowly made his way back to the bulk of the group, unconsciously veering close to Maria. "I know it's a bit late to ask, but you guys have any hidden tricks up your sleeves that could come in handy?" Jericho asked, raising his voice enough for everyone, including the inhabitants riding on the wagons, to hear him. If he were to command this group well, best he could do is start with a list of skills.

SCSaya06 SCSaya06 Trappy Trappy hostage hostage Nightblade Nightblade Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight Octo Girl Octo Girl Sybil Sybil Midrick Midrick CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell Aryasaurus Aryasaurus QizPizza QizPizza -robert- -robert- Vyseryx Vyseryx FTR FTR D. Rex D. Rex shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Last edited:
Leafa

Leafa finally set foot on the grassy ground after an extremely bumpy ride on one of the wood made wagons. She could sight the forest that most called "Darkwoods". The forest was truly intimidating, just looking at it brought fear over her, Leafa had spent her entire life on the woods, but she could tell this one was different, it had something ominous about it... something strange...

It was clear that the young elf was scared, but she tried to hide the feeling, fearing she would get kicked off the army and lose the chance to find her parents. She took one deep breath and called for Ko, who was previously residing on the flower she had on her hair, the butterfly flew to her hand. "Y-You'll protect me, right? I c-can't do this alone...", Ko flew up for a few seconds, and then proceeded to go back to Leafa's hand. That meant yes.

After recomposing herself, Leafa spotted Phos and headed towards her, regrouping with her friend, which had most likely walked the entire way, as she seemed to big for a wood wagon to handle. "Hey Rock Lady! How are you? I'm a tiny bit scared to go on the woods but... with you and Ko to protect me, I'm sure everything will be alright.", she then closed her eyes and balled her right fist, a fierce look and a small smirk spread across her face.

She opened her eyes. "I'm ready."

Sybil Sybil

Tenet and Alma
shadowz1995 shadowz1995
The reaction to the Vile was…. expected. To say the least. The archmage’s deceptive plan along with the fallen angel’s defense saved the Viles from certain doom. Luckily, Tenet and Alma weren’t talkers and when words were being flung back forth at a rapid pace and high volumes, their silence from the shadows helped solidify the mages story. They could not manifest physically in broad daylight for obvious…..reasons so the demand to show themselves could not be met.

As the group neared the forest and as the shadow from the trees loomed over them, it became just dark enough for Tenet to feel comfortable emerging from the mage’s shadow.

However, this was not done without caution. A Sickly, orange ire swept quickly over the lightborne, heightened senses on full alert for even the slightest signs of aggression.

Alma knew Tenet intended to follow through with the mage's idea and she also knew she'd agreed to do as he did. Their link had made it clear to her that agreements needed to be honored otherwise there would be consequences. She waited until he'd emerged fully and after a few moments poked just the top of her head out, like before. Making eye contact with a few of them made her feel vulnerable and her shadows slowly began to appear from out of nearby shadows. Though only partially, similar to her. One's head jutting out just to the left of hers. Alma sent an unsure glance as Tenet, more or less looking for reassurance.

There it was again. Amusement. Another unfamiliar emotion. The Vile almost smiled as he paused to turn around and offer his hand to the small corrupted woman. The last they needed was for her fear to cause the puppets to do something to then cause the light-walkers to panic. They were on edge enough as it was just by their mere presence, not including the fact they revealed themselves just moments ago. ‘Just stay next to me. You know they will not do anything right now. You can feel this.’

Alma reluctantly reached her hand out and took hold of Tenet's. She rose slowly out of the shadows, but then moving quickly to position herself behind and to the side of him. Her shadow puppets remained motionless. Even though she shared emotions with Tenet she wasn't nearly as amused by the situation and her apprehension overshadowed. 'There is nothing more fickle and volatile than Lightborne.' Alma responded, sharing a few memories as proof; mostly of observed raiders and highwaymen.

“Hmmm…” the dark human hummed aloud, agreeing to her observations. ‘That is why we can never let our guards down. Watch me (my back) and I watch you (your back).’ The two continued to walk in complete silence, speaking through their dark link to each other, Tenet holding the hand of the cloaked corrupted as he led the way.

Trappy Trappy Kabboom Kabboom QizPizza QizPizza Vyseryx Vyseryx @ everyone else nearby

Buras was to large to ride a horse, and he refused to sit idly in a wagon. He'd rather brave the harsh southern sun and a few burns than sit and do nothing. So by the time they reached the Darkwoods, Buras was drenched in sweat, and turning a bright pink color. "I fight." he huffed to his leader, the heat taking a surprising amount of energy out of him. But those woods looked nice and shaded. He's been in a few forests in his short while in the South, and he knew they were far cooler and sheltered from the sun. Though the "Dark" part did worry him, as well as the obvious corruption that dotted even the edge of the forest. Then again, he was more than willing to hack his way through anything that wanted to stand between him and the shade.

"Your mages say I know magic." This time he gave a more serious answer, and pulled out the pouch of herbs that were required to put him into such a state. "If that is needed, then be warned, I am not myself and I cannot control it." With that, he put the pouch back and pulled out his two axes, following Jericho's lead and preparing himself for any unforeseen combat.

latest

Audun the Fallen

Interacting With: Kabboom Kabboom shadowz1995 shadowz1995 FTR FTR Vyseryx Vyseryx
Mentioned:

latest

divider.png
Audun did his part in covering for the two Vile. He had offered to watch over them and offered to take as much responsibility for them as the sorceress named Margot. He had made up a story how the Church would have to study this kind of creature so that they can derive some sort of process to "purify" them. Thankfully most of the group bought the story and there were no other representatives of the Church to dispute his claims. Keeping up the act, Audun always remained close to Margot's shadow. The other soldiers would think he was there to keep the Viles in check, but he had wanted to stay close to let the female Vile become used to his presence. Despite his proximity to the sorceress, the two of them did not share a word throughout the journey.

As the forest's trees began to cast a shadow over the group, the paladin noticed the patches of corruption further into the woods. He would stay far away from those patches to avoid absorbing any more Dark or being tainted any further. As the caravan halted, Jericho called out from the front, "I know it's a bit late to ask, but you guys have any hidden tricks up your sleeves that could come in handy?"

The subject of Audun's powers were a touchy one. Entropy was a hard one to explain. Something sort of just happens when he touches something. He could always tell what the effects of ability would be, but they were so broad that it would take weeks to even give a basic understand of it. Evolution was also a taboo ability. Audun would have to refrain from using it, or else he would have a lot of explaining to do when he comes back. That is, if the group doesn't kill him on the spot. The only one he felt comfortable sharing was Equilibrium. It was harmless enough, and it could easily be passed off as a divine ability, so long as no one looks into it too much, namely Margot. Audun spoke up loud enough for the group to hear, "I possess an ability named God's Scales (Equilibrium). It makes all equal in terms of strength, skill, or stamina in a certain area, but only one at a time. It shouldn't affect the giants though. They are too strong for me to affect."

The Nephilim drew his lance and extended it to it's full length in preparation for battle against both Darkborne and creatures. Safe within the shadows of the forest, Tenet emerged from Margot's shadow, followed by the other Vile, who took the form of a young girl wrapped in a bloodstained cloak. The Imperial soldiers of the group were all put into a state of caution Audun remained relatively close to the child Vile, ready to protect her from the Darkborne. He made sure that his lance was not pointed toward her lest she got the wrong idea. "Keep your friend close, Tenet. These woods don't bode well, and the girl there doesn't look like she can fight."

For the first time since the group departed, Audun spoke a word to the sorceress, "Do you trust Tenet and his friend to be free? ... As in, would you be able to trust a being that's half Dark and half Light?"
divider.png

Margot

Answering to Jericho’s question Margot listed quickly:

“I am proficient with combat magic of multiple kinds and I talk and read fluently in 6 languages, if that may be of any help,” she said, trying to keep her voice as indifferent as she could, so that it didn’t seem as if she was bragging. “I also possess some techmaturgical knowledge, that may be useful in dealing with whatever the artefact we are looking for is.”

***​

While they were travelling, Margot kept herself in the back end of the group. Not only that gave her a good look on everyone, it also provided her with some much needed room to think. Her perspective towards Viles was evolving very quickly and unexpectedly – presence of Alma revealed the side of Tenet, that was very far from animal and much closer to human – and with that revelation, the guilt Margot felt ever since Tenet explained his connection to Grand Arcanist had started to grow exponentially faster.

"Do you trust Tenet and his friend to be free? ... As in, would you be able to trust a being that's half Dark and half Light?" Audun asked all of the sudden, surprising the sorceress and breaking her train of thought. She pondered upon his question for few seconds before answering.

“I try to follow the teachings of Archmage la Graff in this regard,” the sorceress answered slowly, carefully formulating words leaving her mouth. “She claims, that all superficial differences between sentient beings like social status, gender, or race, are inherently irrelevant and should be ignored while making one’s judgment on another.”

‘She also claims that having dreams is pointless and that there is no hope of defeating Darkness, but I guess those are topics for another day,’ sorceress thought to herself.

“So, to answer your question – yes, I believe a half-dark being still deserves a chance of being trusted.”

Margot looked at Audun, a being half-dark himself, judging from what her magic was telling her. Was he deserving her trust too? He seemed to care about Viles, in fact, he probably cared about them for reasons much more legitimate than Margot' ones. And she needed somebody else to know, what she was thinking about – somebody, who was powerful enough to not be afraid of darkness seeping from the Mage Tower of Ratthe.

“Angel,” Margot’s fingers created a Mind Circle quickly. She pointed the Mind Link spell in Audun’s direction. “There is something I want to tell you about. Privately.”

QizPizza QizPizza

8QndAck.jpg

OAl3OoW.png

Hearthfall Season - Morning
Maria
The Wagons, Darkwoods

• The normal human mind does not wake up on such a bright and peaceful morning expecting unfortunates to befall them. That was certainly the case for Maria, and how wrong she was. They were surely for a great start, as it was as if the state of the group was not volatile enough, after a relatively-mild revelation, the ragtag company accepted another member, much to Maria's reluctance. For it was another wretched Vile, no less. Heads were close to falling there, but somehow they managed to keep their cool and settled without bloodshed. Had things went otherwise, no doubt she would've been the first to swing her weapon at the 'darkstains'. But that never happened, and now she had another vermin to keep an eye on for the journey. The Gods sure enjoy their wicked jests, thought she. The winged one, Audun, and the mage assured them that the Viles had no ill intentions, but their words really meant little to the Guardian, partly due to the fact that neither of the two had given Maria any strong impression. Maria had Tenet in her grip before, she was ready to drop the damned Viles' heads the moment they try anything, and she wouldn't let the mage or the Seraphs get in her way then.

Moving away from the thoughts clouding her mind and back to reality, the warmth and brightness of the Sun were reduced to cheeky rays of light sneaking through the leaves and branches as they closed their distance to the Darkwoods. Her Wolfhorse's mane flutter majestically in the air when a cold breeze passed them as the tall trees start to cast their shadow on the company. Maria ran her fingers through the creature's hair gently. Unconsciously, the girl fixed herself and leaned onto the mighty creature's back. So fluffy~! - Maria thought it was the fluffiest thing she'd touched, and sleep would've effortlessly overtook her, if her commander did not come closer to Maria and snapped her back with the group.

"I know it's a bit late to ask, but you guys have any hidden tricks up your sleeves that could come in handy?"

The man asked, when she noticed he had fixed his halberd, holding it on standby, as a cavalryman would. Turning around, she saw that some in the groups were also doing the same: preparing their arms for - she assumed - any unforeseeable foes. That was only appropriate, considering how they were heading straight into hostile territory, but Maria did wonder if the careless group she knew before had suddenly turned a bit paranoid. The Guardian turned around, and her eyes scanned the treelines and the shaded regions underneath them as the Seraph spoke up first, providing an elaboration of his complex strengths. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, if anyone asked her there. Maria did not expect hostile actions so early on the journey, after all they were still in a frequently-patrolled area. Still, you can't be too careful around these corners of the world. For Maria, whatever comes will come, she was prepared to fend for herself under any circumstances.

Following the mage's impressive list of her professions, Maria voiced her reply to Jericho's query.

"Believe me or not, Audaton, but all those years at the academy and I still have yet to really understand my 'gift'. Things move as I will them, as you've seen. I don't really understand how that works though . . . It's convenient under most circumstances, but heavy stuff can be quite laborious to work with."

Last edited:
Spessartite Phos

The journey was mostly uneventful, simply walking on autopilot behind the wagons and not paying anyone around her much of any notice. As for the setting, it didn't bother her besides the stench that seemed to cling to it... and walk with them though that smell was different. It was a smell of dark for sure, but she saw no darkborne around, only furthering her slight confusion at her reliable sense of these sorts.

A corrupted guardian couldn't be among us.... could they?

This thought process was interrupted by the elven child, the face bringing a smile to her own. She nodded in response, making sure the girl knew she was fine, before looking towards the man in charge she had seen in battle and the town hall. What tricks did she have up her sleeve he asks? She simply shrugged, not knowing what types, deciding to differ to the next out of awkwardness. Maybe it was her senses of dark throwing her mood off.

"Leafa now I wan' you t' be careful na' ok?" She would pat the smirking elve's shoulder, looking around.

-robert- -robert-

Last edited:

latest

Audun the Fallen

Interacting With: Vyseryx Vyseryx
Mentioned: shadowz1995 shadowz1995 FTR FTR

latest

divider.png
“I try to follow the teachings of Archmage la Graff in this regard. She claims, that all superficial differences between sentient beings like social status, gender, or race, are inherently irrelevant and should be ignored while making one’s judgment on another... So, to answer your question – yes, I believe a half-dark being still deserves a chance of being trusted. ”

Margot's statement reminded him of his own thinking. He saw all Mundane as the same, just as the mage did. They all deserved to be judged equally, and they all deserved the same mercy and forgiveness. It was how he would want to be treated as well, though the Mundane might need more mercy and forgiveness at times. As he was thinking, the mage cast a magic circle and pointed towards him.

"Angel. There is something I want to tell you about. Privately.”

He was hesitant to accept the mind link. Audun worried that more of his thoughts will leak through as he attempted to retrain the Dark within him. At the moment, he was not in a particularly poor mood, so his less savory thoughts could be easier to restrain. He decided to accept the link with the sorceress as he kept his guard up against potential Darkborne. He spoke through the link, 'What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?'

divider.png

Jericho

Nodding to the amount of people replying, Jericho pondered upon what they could do, as the rays of sunlight coming down were broken up by the occasional tree branch, with some leaves beginning to fall. The quiet rustling of the greenery, as grass flattens itself for the horses, and the winds blow through the short trees and bushes. A few birds chirping, curiously leaning their heads as they investigate the newcomers to the forest. A repetitive, subtle tapping of metal on metal, as a cavalryman's saber mindlessly taps itself onto its wielder's armored lap, accompanied with a steady beat of hooves connecting with the ground, and parting with it just as quickly. Deeper into the unknown, some animals call out, with sinister snarls and growls barely audible in the distance, making some of the cavalrymen shift nervously on their saddles.

To prevent any sort of mishaps, Jericho activates Clarity, calming the men somewhat, as he raised his hand and closed his fingers into a fist, repeating the gesture a few times over. The Imperial escort detail's commander, Hadrian Arcadius, as he introduced himself at the briefing. Understanding the cue, he turned to his men. "Tighten up formation." was all he spoke, and that was all he needed to speak. Acknowledging the order with speed an efficiency fitting of Vainlight troopers, the cavalrymen immediately shifted closer to the wagons, staying at least 1 horse close to each other. It was a rather bad idea, for it makes the convoy an easier target to hit with a massive area denial weapon, and would further confuse things if some Darkborne came striking from the side, but Jericho reasoned this was an acceptable risk, as his Clarity can't reach them all otherwise. Better to be hit at full strength, than to have a section of cavalrymen run off due to bad morale or overwhelming fear.

"Can you guys get off? We're already there, and the horses need a break." One of the drivers said to the Half-Giant, and another Giant. Tharek nodded, and got off, his legs thudding against the ground. The wagon lifted up, free from his weight, raising by a whole forearm. Continuing on foot, the Half-Giant stood out a bit, reaching Jericho's head height, even on horseback. "My sleeves are not wide enough to hide tricks up in. But I do have a few tricks. I can repair weapons and armor, given they are made of metal. I can do stuff to metal objects. Fix 'em without a forge, or break them."

Thinking yet again, Jericho ran over the possibilities of this group coming out in one piece. If they still had the Eagle Incruscan, he could serve as the eyes in the sky, or at least keep the trees clear of any lurking foes. But as fate would have it, the Eagle was requisitioned by another Imperial unit comprised of flight-capable Incruscans. The Viles could be of use, their senses being better than eyesight in the forests, but they were an unreliable asset, that might not become trustworthy enough in Jericho's eyes for him to ever use them without tearing out half his hair in frustration and doubt. Audun and Taryn, the two beings were powerful, but a sense of contempt radiated from them, and Jericho was suspecting that they would betray the group as a whole once things reach rock bottom. The Imperial escort detail was a good gesture on the Chaplain's part, but it could not sate his mind. 'Nowhere is safe in the woods,' he recited in his mind. 'Nowhere.'

"Here. Take a swig. It'll ease your mind." Maria offered a half-empty bottle of ale to Jericho. He took a glance at her, down at the bottle, then back at her again, and his armored fingers wrapped around the bottle, metal plating scraping against glass, and his ironclad fingers wrapped around hers unintentionally, making a small clinking noise as Jericho grabbed the bottle from Maria. He then took a gulp. Or two. Or three. The burning sensation, accompanied with the sour aftertaste lingering in his throat helped with his frustrations and his ongoing mental game of chess. "You know, you don't need to overthink it every time. Take it easy." Maria spoke again, as she took the bottle from Jericho. "Well, it's a habit from experience. Last time I led a group..." He responded with his hand shaking to signify a negative meaning. He didn't want to say Anvil Team's demise out loud.

"...I understand that. No really, I do. Leadership is a curse, disguised as a blessing. The lives of other men, their fate, their destinies, the possibilities of them coming back to their families, their lovers and their wives waiting back at home... those things shouldn't have to be piled onto one man." The ex-general spoke in a reassuring and quiet tone, almost reminiscing her own harsh experiences. "But that doesn't mean we deny our realities and quit. We learn from our mistakes, however hard it may be. And we move on. That's how good commanders are made after all, right?" She finished, lifting her tone back up again, with a light-hearted smile.

"Yeah. Maybe you're right." Jericho nodded quietly, his eyes darting over to meet hers, before breaking to look at the group as a whole. 'Maybe,' thought he. 'Just maybe.'

Trappy Trappy

Margot

The sorceress completed the spell, just in time to receive angel’s question.

'What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?' he asked.

Margot took a deep breath to calm herself and put her face in Wolfhorse’s mane, to even further hide the fact she was talking to someone.

‘It’s about Viles,’ the sorceress said slowly, carefully choosing words. ‘Tenet has told me, or maybe rather shown, that he had stroke a deal with my former master – Lazareth at’Zethra. He will do something for her, namely help us retrieve the artefact and in exchange he will be granted freedom he so much desires.’

Sorceress moved slightly, so that she could see the pair of Viles walking together through the forest. The more she thought about how their lives had to be like, the more she pitied them.

‘There is a problem with that… bargain, though. At'Zethra will not keep her end of it – she doesn’t consider non-mages equal to her, and who would keep their promise to dog? Just yesterday, I thought my master would just kill or brainwash him upon his return, as he doesn’t seem like someone, who will react well to being deceived.’ Margot focused her eyes on Alma – the Vile was so little and scared, a truly sad creature. ‘But now Alma is here, and Tenet discovered his more human side – he cares about her, and I’ve seen this before – he will soon be willing to do anything to protect her. While this is a good thing in general, this is also… a weakness. A one that can be used to control them both very, very easily.’

Sorceress fidgeted on the Wolfhorse, to accidentally, look Audun in the eyes.

‘What I want to say, Angel, is that regardless of the result of our mission, if they come back to the Empire, their lives will surely become even more miserable, than they have been thus far.’

QizPizza QizPizza

065beeccf46d15e91887a1cc4213da99.jpg

Hearthfall Season - Dawn
Lunala
The Wagons, Darkwood

• A breath escaped the young girls plump lips as she inadvertently let out a sigh of relief, and she wiped the daring tears from her eyes with the back of her hand as she simply nodded in return. She would stay hidden for as long as it took, until the point of no return, until they were beyond dragging her home kicking and screaming; she would stay, Light bid her, it was her duty to follow what called to her.

It was odd, to say the least, that as the wagons rumbled onward, ascending into the Darkwood, Lunala found herself relaxing more and more. Hidden beneath the canvas tarpaulin from the view of others - and thus far gone unfound by anyone bar the Guardian from Frontierville - one would imagine Lunala being the most terrified of the infamously dangerous forest, filled with vile and monstrous beasts of the likes she had never seen. She had heard rumours of the terror that would await her within the sea of trees, and yet she was not afraid. Clutching one hand to her chest, she held her faith to her heart, knowing that He would want this.

"You have taken your first steps, dear Oracle," a soft feminine voice ushered telepathically. Lunala could visualise the owner of said voice without falter; a tall woman with straight black hair and blood red lips, she would stand before her with eyes closed, though ever-watching in her patronage. Of course, she was not by her side physically, though the Messenger was always with her spiritually; this particular Messenger was Morrighan'nan, a glacial spirit. Messengers were divine beings, though neither god nor human, their biology was more-so vessels of prior deceased Oracles that take various forms; for the most part, Morrighan'nan appeared as a woman, though had also appeared as an owl, a snake, and Lunala had been told she could appear as a wolf if she so pleased. Sometimes Messengers need not appear at all, or perhaps under the tarpaulin Lunala simply was unable to see which form she had chosen, if she had chosen one at all. "With such faith, you break away from the grasping chains of corruption, and plunge ever-forth into the Dark. Hurtled into the chaos, you fight... and the world will shake before you."

But was that what was best? Lunala found herself questioning her choices as the Messenger spoke within her mind. What if--

"We stand upon the precipice of change," Morrighan'nan told gently. "The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss, but you must watch for that moment... and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap; it is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly."

Lunala nodded her head; she supposed she understood the cryptic advice, but was she ready to throw away everything for something that may not matter? It was questionable to most people - after all, why would you sacrifice your life, your very soul, for an uncertainty that may or may not benefit anything or anyone? - but Lunala was not shaken so easily. Clenching her fist with determination, the Oracle nodded once more: yes, she would do this, and place her faith in Him so that she may live past these few weeks of trial. He would want it, He has asked it of her, and she will do as He has asked of her. Maybe she will give her life to see the fulfilment of this quest, but if that was what He so desired then who was she to deny Him?

Shaking away these few thoughts, Lunala snapped back into focus and affirmed that she was still thoroughly hidden. Lowering herself some more, quietly as to not make a sound, she focused on the sounds of voices muffled by the rumbling wagons, and the steady hooves of the wolfhorses as they continued further into the forest, now beyond the point of no return.

Pat walked along with big, pale, half giant by the looks of him. Hefting his great axe on his shoulder, he walked along with him, he could ride in a wagon, but it was good conditioning to walk. He would soon find out the sun was harsh in the part of the frontier they were in. It also didn't help that he was in metal armor. But to his personal delight, that was where the brass alloy came in. it took a lot to heat up brass. So unlike his tall sweaty companion, Pat was relatively cool. He was still walking when they approached the woods, slogging along with the procession of wagons and horsemen who were either scouts or officers. Everyone seemed to be tense, ready to spring into action at any moment. Pat wasn't anxious, he just didn't like not knowing what he was going up against, the head scout did overlay what could be waiting it was to vague to properly prepare for.

When the head honcho asked for any hidden skills or talents The guy, if you could call him that, spoke up about magic. He didn't know if he should announce what he was capable of doing on the battlefield when he was pissed, injured, or in the mood. He decided to keep quiet about it for now, no need to reveal his cards yet... he had also seen how the soldiers in the party had reacted to the shadow people or whatever they were called. He didn't need that distrust from people he would be fighting along side for the duration of this little 'quest' he was on. "nothing special about me except for killing, boss." He said, some of the men in the wagons chuckled at his response and he saw a rather regal looking woman riding along with the guy who was the leader. She looked like she was better than most of the people around him and she sure as hell acted like it. He sheathed his axe in the head sheath at the bottom of his back and took his helmet off. He clipped it onto his belt. He quickened his pace until he was walking next to her "So are you the second in command or something?". Watching as she passed a flask over to the man who was in charge. He still didn't know if he was welcome on this expidition, if and when they got into a fight he was sure that his help would be warmly welcomed. He returned his greataxe back to his shoulder, he saw soldiers tensing up. If there was half of the things in the 'dark' forrest, then they were going to need all the weapons and arms to swing them as they could get.

Trappy Trappy Kabboom Kabboom

v1a3gDI.jpg

Pryonn & Kaatl

The journey went without much incident, the travelling-group having already weathered the beginning-event quite sufficiently, it seemed. While the danger and apparent tensions of the journey proved to be somewhat pressing, the knight preferred to instead scrutinize that heroic group of theirs - mages, so-called scoundrels, warriors, most of them all guardians or at least bearing guardian-like powers, even an angel and a hellion. Hardly what many would call more than a ragtag band of misfits - and certainly what many would probably call a recipe for certain doom when being so haphazardly flung into the heart of literal Darkness - but one like Pryonn was not bound by the notions of what constituted 'common sense'. Instead of terror in anticipation for what lay ahead, the knight happily strolled along, fairy on his shoulder, feeling quite at home amongst such a colorful warband of semi-noble rejects.

After all, what proper heroic quest was there if not one spent going against impossible odds?

The one Jericho Audaton's question as to their individual secret abilities did not elicit an answer from the knight. Certainly he had sufficiently showcased his more ostentatious capabilities last night, as such there was nothing secret about that particular aspect of his. The rule over metal was proof of his human Guardianship, one he showed quite eagerly. But the other aspect was a different matter. He would not openly spout about his being if it could be avoided - and he hoped he could find recourse other than his flesh when the dramatic time inevitably came.

Thankfully he could quickly distract himself with some of the group's newest arrivals: A shadowy pair, one male and one gal, that the Angel and the Archmage argued so passionately in favour of when they were first revealed to the group. Earning their fair share of suspicion-filled glares and angered swearing, the Vile-duo did well to keep their watchful paranoia to the maximum, emerging from the Margot's shadow whilst always keeping some attention their backs.

But whereas most of the group paid the dark-corrupted little in benevolence, the knight, hidden beneath his helmet, scrutinized them with driven curiosity, the fairy on his shoulder stroking her chin in thought. There was a certain familiarity that could be sensed.

Stepping forth, approaching the two, the knight's plated, visored appearance would do little to make his advance palatable to such beings that were all too used to being persecuted, though perhaps the friendly wave of the fairy on his shoulder might have lessened the impression as he spoke with jolly tone "What ho there, shadow lad and lady! Is it true that you are darkness-born, the sort that was cradled in the deep night? Our names are Fairy Kaatl and Knight Pryonn, we might have some questions for you, if we may." The knight stopped short of several steps from the dark pair, giving them sufficient distance should they wish to withdraw.

FTR FTR shadowz1995 shadowz1995

latest

Audun the Fallen

Disposition: Generally Good
Interacting With: Vyseryx Vyseryx Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight
Mentioned: shadowz1995 shadowz1995 FTR FTR

latest

divider.png
Listening to what Margot had to say, he frowned. He never trusted those who held high positions. Taryn's goals and actions were enough proof of the intrigue that plagued the upper rungs of society. If the Archmage wouldn't keep up her end of the bargain, Audun would be more than happy to convince her otherwise in the name of justice. Problem was, he might not be able to defeat the mage without corrupting himself with the Darkness even further. That's not to mention how he would even gain an audience with the mage in the first place. His eyes under his helmet met Margot's as she finished speaking.

‘What I want to say, Angel, is that regardless of the result of our mission, if they come back to the Empire, their lives will surely become even more miserable, than they have been thus far.'

Audun's anger flared at the thought of such injustice. He grip around his lance tightened and for a brief moment, a small trace of Dark leaked out from his veins. Tenet and his friend should be allowed to live in peace, without worrying about the Empire and the Archmage. Tenet was going to help them retrieve the artifact, risking his life for the sake of the Empire and what does he get in return? Imprisonment. Audun racked his mind for options and but he could come up with none. 'What the hell can we do about it then? We can't let at’Zethra do as she pleases, but neither of us have the political nor magical power to stop her.'

He looked away from Margot and scanned the forest for any threats. In reality, he was looking for options, really anything at the moment. His eyes wandered towards Taryn hanging around the edge of the group, ready to disappear at a moment's notice for whatever would benefit her. With her cloak on to hide her wings, she had little choice but to unbutton her shirt. That was the story she gave when Audun asked earlier, but he knew she did so to attract the attention of the caravan guards...and Audun. When the Nephilim stole a glance, he had two thoughts. One, he was hit with a feeling a lust and began to imagine what they would do together behind closed doors. He really hoped that this did not leak through the Mind Link. Two, he recalled Taryn's little plan to overthrow the Empire. It was doomed to failure, but being a mage herself, and hold a decent amount of influence, she might be able to convince Archmage at'Zethra to let them go. 'Actually...there might be a small chance that my partner can convince the Archmage to release Tenet and his friend. However, her cooperation and success would be highly circumstantial.'

As the paladin proposed his outlandish plan to the mage, a knight carrying a fairy walked over.

"What ho there, shadow lad and lady! Is it true that you are darkness-born, the sort that was cradled in the deep night? Our names are Fairy Kaatl and Knight Pryonn, we might have some questions for you, if we may."

Audun immediately became alert and turned towards him. The knight was far too flamboyant, and his appearance only presented him as a figure of the Empire. If Audun's own demeanor frightened Alma, Pyronn's would be more than enough to scare her away or provoke her to lash out. In addition, the questions he was asking was related to their Dark nature, a very sensitive topic. Audun clasped his armored hand onto the shorter knight's shoulder. "Knight, if you have any questions, direct them towards you. Your excessive personality...scares the girl."
divider.png

Hmxuwi8.png
Hearthfall Season - Dawn
Sashi
The Wagons, Darkwood

• Finding comfort in the falling droplet of the morning dew, the druid had already disembarked from the wagon's linen roof and made her way above the nearby tree. Reaching the canopy of the sturdy birch vegetation, Sashi leaned against the trunk, with her feet supporting her stance. Looking outwards to the distant horizon, she could spot a few wildlife grazing in the clearings and flocks of avian inhabitants taking flight like a parade of vigorous Imperial soldiers marching across the sky, as their lesser neighbors' chirps echoed across the woods like Pyphorus imperial bands. Their melodies caught the druid in a trance, reminding her of Elbe Forest. Without dwelling too long in the placid environment, Sashi finished her scan of the surrounding area, and slid down the tree like hastily and gracefully as if it were her home. Picking a few colorful lavenders and daisies, the druid wrapped them up tidily into a bouquet and made her way down the isle of men and wagons.

"A bouquet for the mighty Wings of Hope, along with my adoration." the druid spoke, offering it to the Kaatl and Pryonn, before waving at Audun and the shrouded Viles.

Drew were her hands within her robed sleeves, almost provoking the Viles, but her pleasant smile and swift movement dispelled any wary sentiments that they may hold. Upon opening her hand, another wrapped up bouquet came. This time, its dotted with a few iridescent Lokie's Wrath* and Kaiserbloom*. She offered it to Alma, hoping to accommodate a sense of camaraderie and trust between their tense principles towards the other Lightborne figures.

"...'ere you go. Best wishes from your humble Sashi, the Druid of Elbe Forest. Well met there, dark knight, good to see the party hasn't seen much boredo-..." Sashi spoke briefly to Tenet before being interrupted by her peripheral vision.

"Please excuse my rudeness, but we will have to be acquainted later. Fair day to you as well, winged paladin." she continued, waving at Audun before taking off.

Catching sight of Jericho and Maria, the druid would excuse herself from the group of Guardians and skipped her way towards the two, smiling brightly.

"Commander Audaton, Commander Theodosiel. Forgive my tardiness, but here I am with a proposal..." said Sashi, with a stern look, casting away her carefree attitude within seconds.

"...I'd like to volunteer for our forward observers. I believe my charge in agility and experience in the woods may come to use. Its best that you should let me take the lead in the vanguard."

The druid marked confidently, as she stare the two down with her bright smile. Before long, a bird would land on her shoulder, chirping alongside Sashi. She swiftly caught its feathery back and pet it lightly with her tender index finger.

Translation Notes
    1. Lokie's Wrath: A reddish-purple nightshade that is iridescent in the morning, shifting in between many different shades of darker colors from the refracted sunlight. Well-known to be grown in the Darkwoods.
    2. Kaiserbloom: A common cerulean flower that is found anywhere in the Empire, but its sizes are varied. Bigger, and colorful variants are plenty in the Darkwoods.

OOC: N/A

ALMA & TENET
FTR FTR

The pair of dark beings walked in relative silence. They were highly accustomed to walking quietly and so, while they could be seen quiet easily given their pale demeanor, nothing could be heard. At least not normally…. Mentally, however, the two were having an in depth conversation on their respective homes and how this forest related to their own. Despite the obvious corruption in the forest, neither of them seemed to pay it any real mind. After all, they were both used to signs of tainted foliage. The darkborne loved to frequent the forests.

Though, the deeper they pushed into the forest, the harder it became to sense what was around them. Corrupted land had a tendency of acting like something of a signal jammer for the Vile. Alma’s own sense of awareness was superior to Tenet’s so the older Vile simply let her keep a wary eye out into the forest while he focused on the lightborne that closed in. They were becoming more tightly packed and the pale one understood why. His physical senses were incredibly sharp and had to be. He could hear the movements nearby. See the shadows that were out of place, much like his own and Alma’s.

As luck would have it, Tenet’s decision to divide their attention between themselves turned out to be the right one as things started to unfold one by one.

Margot was worrying…. She was anxious about something and while the Viles could feel it, they knew not why. The seraphim’s sudden flare of anger was enough to draw Tenet’s eye but confusion was the only answer he got. Nothing was said or done to set the angel off… then things started to get dangerous.

Being physically and mentally standing behind Tenet, the emotions of those around them was luckily perceived in a watered down versions of how Tenet understood them. Even then, it was fair to say that Alma's take on the perceived tension was reasonably worse than Tenet's. She felt even more on edge.

Her shadow puppets moved completely out of their respective shadows, now starting to walk alongside the two. Pryonn’s approach did very well to agitate Alma even further. His words were entirely unintelligible to her and his forwardness and volume no doubt had the inverse effect to what the knight may have intended. In a whirlwind of smokey darkness shadow puppets surrounded the two viles, their stances obviously defensive. The darkness that made them up deepened significantly.

The male Vile turned quickly and pushed Alma behind him. Every muscle in the corrupted man’s body visibly tensing simultaneously in preparation for what they both thought was inevitable. There was no ill will coming from the man but that mattered not when he suddenly approached the way he did. Tenet’s clawed fingers flexed and relaxed rhythmically in a desperate effort to contain the defensive rage building up within his breast.

Luckily, the fallen angel put an almost immediate halt to the smaller knight’s approach to which Tenet would have relaxed a bit only for another to step past. A woman who felt similar to Margot. She came….far too close. Regardless of intention, Tenet could not suppress the darkwolf-like growl that clawed its way out of his throat, threatening violence if the female continued.

“Get….away…..” The pale man barely managed to get out. Luckily, she merely presented flowers to the swirling limbs of darkness that surrounded the pair and left promptly.

Alma's shadows snatched the bouquet, a few taking hold of it and effectively tearing it apart trying to understand what it was and if it was a threat. Shredded flowers littered the ground as the shadows turned away from the floral carnage and back to the rest of the group. Any goodwill they had intended with their interaction was completely missed and ignored by both Alma and Tenet. They were not the sort of beings to be approached so casually, especially by obviously threatening Lightborne.

Alma might as have been glued to Tenet during all of this, peeking out from behind him. With unknown threats teasing the reach of their senses and known ones approaching them with no regard for who or what they were, it was a miracle neither of Viles lashed out though it seemed Tenet was very close to doing so with how his chest heaved with every heated breath he took. It was apparent to even the ferals that a fight now would ruin everything they were working towards.

The male Vile had thought that with Margot and Audun beside them, they could safely materialize and walk together without being bothered but that was obviously not the case. His orange ire flicked rapidly between every member of the party of light, only briefly pausing on Margot and Audun before they both sunk into the shadow of the carriage rather than Margot’s. Whatever flicker of trust he held had just been compromised. Rationally speaking, Tenet knew they weren’t at fault but one could only expect so much rationality from something that could barely be considered human.

Alma had never trusted any of them and while she herself displayed fear of them, her shadows portrayed the other half of her skepticism. A few jumped into the shadows of the two that had carelessly approached them; Sashi and Pyronn. The rest of them piled into the shadow of the carriage after Alma and Tenet. Hopefully the members of the team didn't approach other anxious and dangerous creatures so thoughtlessly. Otherwise the mission was going to quickly complicate.

Vyseryx Vyseryx Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 QizPizza QizPizza Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight

Anyone Anyone who was watching.​

8QndAck.jpg

OAl3OoW.png

Hearthfall Season - Morning
Maria
The Wagons, Darkwoods

• The Guardian quietly rode on after the brief exchange with her commander. The words of the Chaplain popped up in her mind several times during their talk, when she tried to read this Jericho Audaton's character. But eventually, the thoughts in her head hushed themselves as the forest caught her eyes' attention. Upon the mossy forest floor lie trees of bygone years, fallen in storms or long forgotten causes. The seasons had been harsh,having stripped away the bark and outer layers, yet somehow rendered them all the more beautiful. They had the appearance of driftwood, with peculiar twisting in patterns that reminded Maria of seaside waves; even the colour of the moss is kelp-like. Maria found herself become far more observant than usual as something about the forest touched memories she had long locked away. The overall scenery and atmosphere seemed to have brought the girl back to where she was born and raised, the misty land where the blue flower* blooms. For a moment, she was there again, among her dear brothers, on a hunt. It never mattered whether you were frequent visitor of the pinewoods around the Drakefort, you'd always find yourself a lost stranger amidst the mist, moss and trees.

The trunks were soft, damp, yet her fingers come away dry. Maria tilted her head upward, feeling a lone dewdrop gently drip down her cheek; the pines were several houses tall, reaching toward the golden rays of the hearthfall. Birdsong came in lulls and bursts, the silence and the singing working together as well as any improvised melody. It reminded her of the cheerful tunes from a young bard on the limestone steps of the palace. Her rose-pink lips were semi-illuminated by the dappled light, when a smile painted itself upon her face beneath the helm with the feelings of sadness, but also those of cheerful reminiscence.

A sudden sharp movement from the hedges startled the guardian as snapped her back to reality and it acted as a reminder her of the dangers lurking in these shades. Behind her, members of the group were still going on with their exchanges, all the while with their hands on the grip of their weapons.Even the Imperial escorts were wearing pretty tensed looks on their faces. It was just like home, the thought came to her rather abruptly. You never know who or what stalk you from behind that mossy trunk or within the fog, and that was one of the thrills of the hunts, so Maria was no stranger to it. But the feeling was more prevalent here in the Darkwoods, and, needless to say, the dangers awaiting them would be far more haunting and serious. She felt as if they were being watched by some hidden eyes. Quickly getting herself together, Maria gently patted the wolfhorse's majestic mane, as her eyes scanned the bushes and the shades beneath the pine trees. At points, Maria could've sworn she saw human-like silhouettes, lurking in the shadows. They all seemed to vanish as soon as she saw them.

Part of her wondered if it was the ale she'd drunk so far that was messing with her eyes.

"So are you the second in command or something?

A voice spoke up from behind Maria. Turning around, her eyes were met by those of a muscular man. He sported a great axe and a set of peculiar-looking armour. There were grim, curious textures on the plate he was wearing. Her eyes carefully studied the man, before she voiced her reply.

"I don't think we've decided on such role, so no. And I don't think we are introduced, Sir . . . ?"

Another soon joined them from behind, who turned out to be Sashi, the druid. She greeted them, before formally approached them with a proposal: To allow her to join the scouts in the front. Such formality wasn't something Maria expected to see coming from the druid, who tended to display a more carefree, cheerful demeanour. To her suggestion, the commander, Audaton, replied with a simple 'Yes', and gestured her to go ahead.

Translation Notes:
    Blue flower : Vianna flower, a blue flower of the Lilium (lilies) genus natives to Regalia. It is found commonly throughout the land and is used on the Theodosiel royal crest. Other than decoration and as a symbol, Vianna flower is farmed as it is the main component of an exotic dye. Its extract is also used as a sweetener in Regalian cuisine. The name suggests that the blossom was popularised from the city of Vien, to the South-East of the Kingdom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back