• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building {Faction Hub} Civilization's Shards

Main
Here

Zaltusinel

Novelist and Word Whisperer
1519605711952.png

Hello, interested roleplayers. Welcome to the faction hub, the place for all your hunger of knowledge with respect to every faction. Here will be the Cs Template and current Factions. When creating your CS, keep these things in mind:
  1. I value backgrounds and the overall feel of your faction. This helps me fit them into the world I have in store for you!
  2. Certain factors such as population, productivity, and growth rate will be covered after your submission. So pretend they don't exist until you're done. I evaluate pop based on your faction's background and traits. (They are extremely important in the CS)
  3. There are many opportunities, like quirks, to add flavor and give critical legs up in your character development in the rp on the sheet. Do not overlook the fields of the sheet, they will severely help you. Random funny quirks really help me put myself in the shoes of characters. It is honestly one of the harder things to do. Once you got it, it'll be like second nature.
  4. Otherwise, all questions should be PMed to me.
  5. Please choose the sheet that bests fits your idea.

1. Solid posts: Good grammar, moves the plot, develops characters, creates developments, etc. I would recommend at least a paragraph. But I am laid-back about it, please put effort. All I ask.
    2. Tracking your resources: Self-explanatory. Makes my life easier. Place your resources at the end of your CS so I can see that at all times.
    3. I expect to start with 7 PCs. Please be ready to commit.
    4. Characterization: I ask that you get into the factions and characters you create. At the beginning, slowly flesh out your characters and deeply portray them. I would prefer third person limited as the point of view, but you can have a first person or flip-flop. Whatever is comfortable.
    5. Activity: Try to be active as you can, at least two posts a week. However, let me know if something comes up. I'll work with you. So don't sweat if something comes up.
    6. Diversity: While I will never expect you to get extremely creative, I highly encourage it. I often reward my players for their effort.
    7. Voting: During the roleplay, expectations can be added and subtracted by player vote.

Character Sheets
Now I know you are asking, why are there two different sheets? I am implementing a hybrid approach, meaning a player can control an entire faction with important characters or instead they can do a single character and build up followers. Or just stay a single character. Entirely up to you. Now which you choose will effect mechanics and stuff, but don't worry about that, I handle such things.

• Faction Name:
    Faction Slogan, motto, famous phrase:
    Original Empire before the Attempt:
    (Optional) Empire History:

Race(If more than one, replicate section):
    Racial Traits:
    Racial Powers/Abilities:
    Racial Banes/Weaknesses:
    Racial Appearance(Image or Written, If image, erase this field):
    Racial Climate Preference(Like Arid or Tundra):
    Racial Reputation(What were they known for?):

Dominant Impression (Name two traits that other races apply as a stereotype):
    Morality(No Neutral evil like things please):
    General economic status before the Attempt(Before Civilization fell apart):
    Quantity or Quality?(What is you race known for):

Background:
    Food preference(Grass, dank memes, etc.):
    Light, medium, or heavy food preference?(Light=1-3 meals, Medium=6-9, Heavy=10-12):
    Space requirements(Living Space)Small, Medium, Large(Normal House, Large House, Manson):
    Special Needs(If Any):
    Other:

Important Characters(May have multiple characters to help portray your faction. Leader is obviously required.)(When faction pop is decided, only four non-leader characters are gratis.)
    (Put a tab/spoiler for each important character to save space please.)(And thank you! :) )
    Name:
    High Concept(What's the big idea?):
    Previous Profession:
    Skills:
    Powers:
    Weaknesses:
    Personality:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Quirks:
    Other:

https://www.rpnation.com/rating/list?content_type=post&content_id=8531123&rating_type_category_id=1
After you are done with that, I will pm you, and we will talk about your faction/character. Then at the bottom of the sheet, you will place the things I give you after my review along with your inventory.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel
Faction Name: Golden Chariot Remnants
Faction Slogan, motto, famous phrase: "Your ticket to the stars."
Original Empire before the Attempt: Golden Chariot Corporation
(Optional) Empire History:
The Golden Chariot Corporation was a large aerospace corporation, producing some of the fastest and most advanced ships for the highest bidder. Favored by prospectors, scientists, and racers, Golden Chariot maintained a following among the scientific community and the upper class. They had relative prosperity for some time, contributing greatly to the industry and economy of many planets.
However, the collapse of civilization would see GR increasingly hiring mercenaries and fortifying their holdings, only delaying their inevitable demise. As the Ship was preparing to leave, some employees of GC decided to flee Ulnar and take part in The Attempt. Anything was better than being slaughtered like animals when Ulnar's defenses fell.

Race(If more than one, replicate section):
Racial Traits: Human
Racial Powers/Abilities:
High stamina
Intelligent

Racial Banes/Weaknesses:
Somewhat fragile in comparison to other species/animals
Mature very slowly (takes years to develop from an infant to a fully grown and independent adult)

Racial Appearance(Image or Written, If image, erase this field):
Great variation, depending upon genetics, heritage, and health. In general, they are bipedal with four limbs (two for walking and two for manipulation). They have thin, short hair on their limbs, head, face, and (sometimes) their torso, and range from 5 to 6 feet tall (barring, of course, malnutrition,genetics, or exposure to low/high gravity during their youth). They have two eyes and a somewhat flat face, with their nose rising from roughly the center of their face and their mouth lying beneath their nose close to the skull. They come in varying shades of white or black, based both upon genetics and exposure to sunlight.

Racial Climate Preference(Like Arid or Tundra):
Temperate/Arid (like a Savannah), but they can easily adapt to a wide variety of temperatures with technology.

Racial Reputation(What were they known for?):
Humans are generally considered to be savvy and somewhat trustworthy, as long as you give them the same amount of trust and respect in turn.

Dominant Impression (Name two traits that other races apply as a stereotype):
Industrious
Mercantile

Morality(No Neutral evil like things please):
Varies depending upon individual, but most humans tend towards general kindness and "goodness", as long as they aren't desperate or faced with an individual they dislike.

General economic status before the Attempt(Before Civilization fell apart):
Large, successful corporation with assets across multiple solar systems and dozens of nations.

Quantity or Quality?(What is you race known for):
Quality in arms, ships, and personnel.

Armalite Colt M6B2

ia_ar18_a_assault_rifle_preview_by_valkyriadawg-d8etxae.jpg

A long range automatic rifle chambered for 5.56 rounds, the M6B2 can best be described as a gunned down Desginated Marksman rifle. The long barrel gives it greater range and muzzle velocity as well as added weight, helping to control recoil during automatic firing. It's venerable 5.56x45mm NATO rounds have a good mixture of tissue damage, recoil, and weight, allowing the user to engage both unarmored and armored targets. Finally, a number of rails allows nearly complete customization; scopes, under barrel attachments, and stock swaps are all fair game.
Effective Range: 550 meters
Standard Magazine capacity:30 rounds
Chambered for 5.56x45mm NATO, and its variants
Rate of fire: 650 RPM

Dyson Systems VP-357-2

ee7d5f844effe36591542890d961d4fb.jpg

The second model of Dyson Systems VP-357, the dash-2 model features an integrated forward grip for added recoil control and the ability to mount a stock to convert it into a short barreled carbine. It is also light enough to fire with one hand, allowing for quick sprays at short range.
Effective Range:100 meters
Standard Magazine capacity:45 rounds
Chambered for 9mm Parabellum
Rate of Fire: 1000 RPM

Background:
Humanity was a widespread species across the galaxy (at least until the apocalypse), and were represented in every walk of life. Their origin is relatively unknown; dedicated scholars have been able to trace them to a long last planet called "Earth", but not much else is known about their early history.

Food preference(Grass, dank memes, etc.):
Omnivorous, with a focus on grains and meat

Light, medium, or heavy food preference?(Light=1-3 meals, Medium=6-9, Heavy=10-12):
Light

Space requirements(Living Space)Small, Medium, Large(Normal House, Large House, Manson):
Small

Special Needs(If Any):
Humans require weekly injections of antibodies and anti-virals to prevent infection by alien diseases that they have no defense against. This is vital to their health and continued survival.

Other: They just want life to go back to normal

24:salthe_stan.jpg

Race: Human (Irish)
High Concept(What's the big idea?): An intellectual leader who wants to unearth the past.
Previous Profession: Biologist/Medical doctor
Skills: Biological chemistry, evolutionary science, surgery, first aid
Powers: None
Weaknesses: Baseline human weaknesses
Reputation: A trustworthy upperclassman who doesn't compromise on his morals
Attitude: Calm, observant
Personality: Aloof and professional, with a hint of superiority and pride
Strengths: Intelligent, skilled in medicine and biology
Weaknesses: Poor social skills, unfit
Quirks: Enjoys humming while he works; has a Vinyl collection that he managed to rescue, as well as the player
Other: Has a limp due to an injury he sustained during a lab accident, which necessitates the use of a cane.

05george_1493828082.jpg

Race: Human (Korean)
High Concept(What's the big idea?): The more sociable, physically talented leader of the Remnants
Previous Profession: Mercenary officer in Vivania Combat Solutions
Skills: Combat, combat leadership
Powers: None
Weaknesses: Baseline human weaknesses
Reputation: Absolutely loyal, will get the job done regardless of obstacles (both moral and physical)
Attitude: Soft spoken
Personality: Humorous and sarcastic
Strengths: Combat skills, loyalty of men
Weaknesses: Distrustful of outsiders, alocoholism
Quirks: Has a soft spot for children, non-combatants, and badly made vodka, in that order
Other: Knows how to construct (shoddy) brewing equipment, and how to use it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back