News Facebook

Truff

One Thousand Club
So I've been seeing a lot about Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg. A lot about privacy and information on the internet.

I don't know a ton about what's going on and I would love to hear some well thought out and civil thoughts on the situation from you guys. I don't believe I know enough about the entire thing to form a well, thought out opinion.

Be kind, remember we're all human beings and make me think ^_^

Personally I'm mostly just annoyed it's been polluting the news so badly lately.

Facebook and Zuckerberg's ethical positions have always been suspect and this has already been widely publicised. A service like Facebook hinges on data collection so why any of this is news is beyond me.

As for data privacy, this has been this way for a long, long time already, and I worry this is only getting such media attention due to all the rows over the election result - I really wish we could move on from the discussion on whether or not the election was influenced or manipulated somehow. It's a bizarre discussion.

I don't personally enjoy personal data collection, and in some instances I do opt for more privacy-first services, but to consider it shady or wrong just portrays a misunderstanding of how our society is built to operate amongst the majority, but not all, of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back