• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings EXPERIMENTAL RP: Looking for literate RPers

Cat.Chrestomanci

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not a Bad Slime
Hello. I've been craving a short-term (1-2 arcs) RP recently and had a really strange idea. What if we skipped the introductions and went straight into the RP? As much as I like to plan things out meticulously, sometimes it gets overly complicated and tedious. Then, before you know it, the RP is a chore to start.

Here are the conditions for this Dive In RP:
1. Be pretty literate (if you don't have confidence in your proofing ability, I recommend Grammarly. Sorry for sounding like one of those infomercials at the beginning of youtube videos). Because of the nature of the RP, you'll have to be giving a lot of details, in the beginning, to build the world and get the plot and setting across. A few typos here and there are fine but if it affects the meaning of your words, that could prove to be a problem.
2. Don't be afraid to correct me if I get something wrong. I don't bite! Also please bear with me because sometimes I ask really stupid questions. Also if you had some mechanics in mind but I contradicted them, you can just say so. Posts can be edited~

Other points of interest:
a. If you want to keep ooc strictly about questions regarding the RP, you can just use the embedded ooc (( like this )) but if you want to have more casual chatting in ooc, it's better to open a separate PM for it.
b. I know that this is a really strange format and I can understand if you would want to drop it. If you've not replied in ~3 days, I'm going to assume you've dropped if there's no prior notice. I'm not locked into this style of RP so if you've tested it and don't like it but still want to RP with me, just say so and we can try something else.
c. If you have that one starter that you've never gotten going for some reason or another, or you have a starter that you've wanted to use and there's never been a good opportunity to use it, you can test it here.

How we get started:
I. You PM me with your starter. The starters are a little more in-depth and either have a background information section before the characters are introduced or have the background information embedded as the characters are introduced.
II. You leave a comment stating which of the openers you were interested in RPing with.

Openers:

• Tarot Wonderland was a short-lived mobile game. At the start of the game, the player would draw a random avatar from a deck of tarot cards. There were twenty two unique suits based upon the major arcana. Within the various suits, there were unique characters named after gods and heroes of myth. The avatars were used to compete in arenas. A player could collect multiple avatars and choose which ones they would battle with.

One day, the game was suddenly taken out of all application stores. The servers were all shut down and there was no way to access the data. After a few months, the game faded into the background, dismissed as a simple fad and no questions were asked as to the disappearance of the game. Some time after the deletion of the game, there were several strange murders committed in the city from which the game originated.

The murders baffled any who were investigating the murders, as they seemed to be physically impossible to commit. There were some; however, who knew the true perpetrators of these mysterious murders. Several of the old Tarot Wonderland forums were revived as users began to post stories about seeing some of the avatars in the real world. There were several conspiracy theorists who posted to the forums.

One day, a strange user by the handle of Pandora201 posted in the main forum. I understand that some of you have come into contact with cards from Tarot Wonderland in the real world. If you have contracted a card, I would like to invite you to Rho Aias. Your card should be able to tell you how to reach us.

Most users laughed the message off as a joke but some replied in all seriousness that they had contracted cards and were thinking of joining Rho Aias. There were several exchanges between users that involved a user announcing their involvement with cards and then other users chiding them for their delusions of becoming a protagonist who fights crime.

--

It was a clear night with a waning quarter moon hanging in the sky. A light breeze meandered through the lowly-populated streets of Metropolia. It was quite late into the night at this point and although the neon signs glowed brightly, the streets had few pedestrians walking down the concrete streets. The buses and subways had all stopped for the night leaving only a few taxis picking up stragglers who had stayed out too late.

They had been chasing the rogue card for a while now. It had taken quite some time to pinpoint its location, especially since the card was Melanion VIII. He was a quick and strong card that was not to be taken lightly. One of their cards had already sustained significant damage after engaging the card in an unarmed state. She sat on a rooftop, watching the humanoid dash between alleyways, searching for an acceptable prey. This one appeared to enjoy preying upon athletic young women.

The manifestation of the card was a rather strange-looking humanoid figure. He looked to be composed primarily of some sort of opaque substance that moved like smoke but was much thicker. His form seemed to absorb the light emanating from the electronic sign boards, which made him difficult to follow at times but she had managed to keep him in her sights for a while now, as she had gotten the hang of his movements and could predict the direction of his travel. The visual was merely a confirmation of her prediction.

Tonight, they had laid bait Melanion could not refuse. She was an attractive young woman with an athletic build and an air of defiance. While the young woman strutted through the dark alleys alone, the watcher stood by, waiting for the opportunity to attack Melanion and weaken him for sealing. The young woman waiting on the rooftop gripped the flower-shaped pendant around her neck unconsciously.

“Are you nervous?” cackled the dark-haired spectre that accompanied her everywhere she went. He had the form of an automaton with rotational balls at each of his joints. On his face, he wore a mask that had a triangle with wings in gold on the right cheek. There was no mouth on the mask and it was primarily flat with the only curvature a gentle curve down from the nose to the sides of his face. He was dressed like a normal human might be dressed. He wore a white collared shirt underneath a grey vest. Around his neck was a gold tie. He wore simple black slacks and dark shoes. The spectre floated in the air with his hands casually in his pockets. “Melanion does seem to be quite problematic. He has high physical specs and isn’t particularly stupid,” he commented. “If we were up against someone like Ajax VII who is all brawn and no brain, this would be a simple task.”

“I do not need your input, Daedalus,” she replied curtly. “I just require your assistance in apprehending him.” She continued to follow the ghostly figure as he finally came to the alley in which the bait was laying in wait. “It’s time to move,” she ordered. “We’re going to come in from above and use the element of surprise to engage in battle. From there we should be able to weaken him enough to seal him.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Daedalus grumbled. “You’ve been over this enough times that it’s absolutely ridiculous.” He clapped his hands together and as he spread them apart once again, smoke poured forth from his palms. The smoke proceeded to take the form of a pair of metal wings. He stuck them onto her back, fitting prongs on the wings into outlets of sorts below her shoulder blades that were visible due to the open back of her shirt. She winced as the nerves in the wings connected to her own nervous system. She flexed the metallic structures a few times before taking to the skies, Daedalus following her dutifully.

Just as Melanion was approaching his prey, the winged woman dropped from the skies, landing on his head. He was much more solid than he appeared and she felt as though she had landed on a thick skull. Shivers ran through her as her feet felt the brunt of the force. From there, she did a backflip off of his head and landed on the side opposite the other woman.

“Don’t interfere,” he growled, turning an angry red gaze upon her. His voice sounded distorted, almost as though he were speaking from inside a tank of water. “I was just about to have a nice snack.”

“I’m can’t let you do that,” she replied. “I’m not going to let any more of you steal these people’s lives. I know that you draw your energy from humans but you shouldn’t go about it like this.”

“Would you rather I become one of your little slaves?” He turned his gaze to the spectre floating behind her. “I wouldn’t sink so low as to ingratiate myself to a lesser being. We are superior to these insignificant creatures.”

Daedalus shrugged in reply. “It isn’t so bad. I get a steady source of life, so I never go hungry. It also gives me the opportunity to battle with other cards, although I feel bad about picking on weaklings like you.”

Melanion hissed. “Who are you calling a weakling!?” He rushed at the other spectre, grabbing what passed as a neck. “Take it back!”

“Take your filthy hands off me,” Daedalus replied in a perfectly calm voice.

“Why don’t you make me, you dog of the humans.”

“You asked for it,” Daedalus replied, putting a hand on Melanion’s chest. There was a flash of light and a wave of heat. Melanion shrieked in pain and released Daedalus. Daedalus formed a fireball in his left hand and readied to fire it at Melanion but the card turned tail and fled toward the larger street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back