Exalted Deathmatch VI

Which comes out on top: Survival or Death?

• Silver Pact

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First and Forsaken Lion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jukashi

Four Thousand Club
You can kill the DBs if you like, we don't care about them. But when you start beating on our kids, on our turf... it's on!

Rar!

Silver Pact Lunars vs. the forces of the First and Forsaken Lion. Who wins?

You got zombies? We got beastmen. You got Abyssals? We outnumber them. We don't even need our First-Agers to beat on those pale-face whelps.

Which leaves them all for you, Lion-o.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm assuming Jukashi didn't give himself a huge advantage and realizes this DOES include the Sanguinary   :wink:  Otherwise, what the hell is the point of this? With the entire Sanguinary, those Lunar bitches are hosed   :P

I'm assuming Jukashi didn't give himself a huge advantage and realizes this DOES include the Sanguinary   :wink:  Otherwise' date=' what the hell is the point of this? With the entire Sanguinary, those Lunar bitches are hosed   :P [/quote']
for all the power of the sanguinary, if every human who worshipped a lunar in some fashion and beastmen were united for the purpose of holy Lunar crusade and were lead by the vast majority of Lunars to war...

my money is on the guys with 300 exalts and thousands of beastmen

Have you read up on the legion? Honestly? Three hundred Exalts is a big challenge, but we're talking about THE general of the First Age, he who commands nations, bends souls to his will and even challenged his master. His MASTER. And he who is walking with the greatest army and support machine the Creation has seen since the First Age. He walks in a warstrider cloven from the Ebon wood of the South and is carved as a funnel for the necrotic essence born of the dreams of his master.

His army is a millionfold, perfectly oiled and disciplined machine. He has several dozen dead behemoths to his call, thousands of war machines and an air fleet that puts Lookshy's to shame.

His legions shake the very ground for leagues and he counts dozens of Noble Warstriders and the full power of necromancy, and you wanna sit here and tell me that the backwater Lunars will win with their inbred little children? Doubtful sir, highly doubtful, he could scare half of them away with shake of his fist and an Essence 10 presence charm.

Yeah you talk about THE general of the first age. We have THE admiral of the first age. Honestly leviathan was on peer with all those first age solars and now the FaFL is just a ghost, a mighty ghost for sure but when he goes against a first age exalt focused on combat (like... for example an ancient full moon) then mister lion is so giong to end as pile of ectoplasm. and that's leviathan alone. lets for a moment imagine leviathan and ma-ha-suchi striding in in celestial battle armour or first age royal warstriders. and we still got 298 lunars and all their followers to kill the legion and about 5-8 abyssals max. meh, lucky that no one is able to unite the silver pact like that.

You're damn right it can. I'm content with it really. But give me a better arguement than all holy Jihad by all the Lunars which I really don't see happening, I'll see Leviathan walk on land before I believe that one.

Safim said:
Yeah you talk about THE general of the first age. We have THE admiral of the first age. Honestly leviathan was on peer with all those first age solars and now the FaFL is just a ghost, a mighty ghost for sure but when he goes against a first age exalt focused on combat (like... for example an ancient full moon) then mister lion is so giong to end as pile of ectoplasm. and that's leviathan alone. lets for a moment imagine leviathan and ma-ha-suchi striding in in celestial battle armour or first age royal warstriders. and we still got 298 lunars and all their followers to kill the legion and about 5-8 abyssals max. meh, lucky that no one is able to unite the silver pact like that.
don't discount the thousands of mortals and beat men at their disposal

You're damn right it can. I'm content with it really. But give me a better arguement than all holy Jihad by all the Lunars which I really don't see happening' date=' I'll see Leviathan walk on land before I believe that one.[/quote']
you think he won't?

Yes, I think he won't. First off, to him, here's the topic "WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY!?" and he swims on as he has for God knows how long.

Yes' date=' I think he won't. First off, to him, here's the topic "WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY!?" and he swims on as he has for God knows how long.[/quote']
well chances are that leviathan knows more then we give him credit for. just based on that chapter opener.

Eh, I don't place my faith on humanity's survival based on a bunch of people who abandoned the world some 1500 years ago. At least if I were a man in the Age of Sorrows who actually knew who those shapeshifting THINGS were that tromped on his village every so often.

My vote goes to the Lunars. Though, I have to say that Leviathan must be a bit out of practice, since he's been living off giant squid for the past several millennia. He certainly hasn't picked up that trident of his for at least that time. Can he even remember how to hold the thing, let alone wield it effectively against FaFL, who hasn't stopped practicing since the first age?

Still, I'm sticking with the Lunars, if only because there are several other first agers out there who haven't been pissing their time away in the deep sea. 2, or, at most 4 or 5 of them, all at once, would probably be enough to take him down, leaving the rest of his army to be mopped up by their beastmen and barbarian followers. Oh, and I think the remaining 295, or so Lunars could handle the fist full of Abyssals he has, so they won't be much trouble.

the only problem I see happening is that if the Lunars failed to kill FaFL quickly, it might turn ugly for the Silver Pack. The last thing the Silver Pack needs is a bunch of dead Beastmen rising up to fight on FaFL's side...and he'd do it too!

Et tu Safim? Then...well piss off because I'm being stubborn   :P  :lol:
...and this was just priceless! :lol:  :lol:

The silver pact? You mean only the lunars themselves or with their armies of beastmen supporting them?

IMO Rakshi and leviathan should be able to take on The Lion two-on-one and win, probably though one of the two of them would end up dead. The rest of the lunars alone (no need for beast men) could easily slay the 750000 soldiers + crazy artifacts of the lion, we are talking about people like ma-ha-suchi, Tamuz and Lilith (she is 3000 years old at least).

Ofcourse realistically the silver pact will never unite in this way while the Lion has complete control of his army.

Perhaps a more fair comparison would be the 13 deathlords +their armies (Abyssals excluded) against the sum of Lunars+their armies.

The Silver Pact Lunars, at least, can get it together if they see an army of the dead marching across the land leaving no living thing in their wake. Leviathan may like his loneliness, but I'd say that if Ma-Ha knocked on his door with some explanatory pamphlets the big whale would at least listen to him. And he's smart enough to realise that zombies don't need to breathe air. The Silver Pact can get it together; they've got "listen to your elders", "defend your subordinates" and so on written right into their moral code.

And yes, to clear up: This match is FaFL and all his forces vs. the Silver Pact and all their forces. I say "Silver Pact" rather than "Lunars" since you can't really depend on non-Pact Lunars to help out. Still more than enough, though.

Anyway, back to the debate. Another advantage Lunars have is that they know the turf. It's part of their job description as wilderness survivalists. The Lunars can also retreat into the Wyld, which will at least slow the armies of the dead down a bit. The Lunars have the maneuverability advantage.

Do they have the numerical advantage? In terms of Exalts vs. Exalts, yes. Very much so. In terms of army vs. army, no. However, beastmen are probably a good bit tougher than the dead; they are Half-Caste, after all. It's quality vs. quantity, which makes things a bit more evenly matched. They can hold things long enough for the Exalts to take out the upper echelons of the FaFL's organisation. If they have problems, there's plenty of spare Lunars to help them rend necrotic flesh.

Plus, they're not inbred. Well, they ARE, but it says right out in the Lunars book that this doesn't cause any problems.

The Essence advantage. Lunars regain essence in Creation (where this match is being held; I don't think the Lunars would ever bother taking the fight to the enemy in this case), Abyssals and ghosts do not. The Lunars also know where most of the Manses and Demenses are.

Now are we assuming that FaFL is in Creation due to the Locust Crusade or he randomly was shat out of a shadowland with his army and war machines?

Now are we assuming that FaFL is in Creation due to the Locust Crusade or he randomly was shat out of a shadowland with his army and war machines?
Huh? I thought we were comparing the power and army of the Lion against the wholeness of the Silver Pact, not discussing the outcome of a possible scenario.

I find it hard to believe that the whole silver pact will gather south to battle the Lion... unless he is near conquering the realm, in which case a can see the vast majority of Lunars moving in for the kill.

My vote goes for the FaFL. It's not just the number of troops he has, or the amount of artifacts and first age equipment, or his sky fleet (each of these things alone can easily destroy their best and largest counterpart in Creation), but it's he's ability to use them.  A great general doesn't just rely on the quality or quantity of his troops, but knows when and where each is best deployed.  And he's been doing this since the first age.

In an actual engagement, the forces of the FaFL would increase as fast as the forces of the lunars dwindle.  For every dead beastman, you get a hungry ghost, a corpse for a zombie, and possibly a normal ghost, which can be used in many different ways (as additional troops/legion support or just as raw material for new soulsteel weapons).  This would eventually (after a long time, mind you) leave the lunars fighting against the-now-even-bigger Legion Sanguinary. It'd be a heroic, yet hopeless, fight.

As far as number of exalts go, Lunars do have a numerical advantage.  But as soon as an Abyssal dies, the FaFL can create a new one.  It would take way more time for Lunars to recruit the newly exalted shards from slain lunars than to create new abyssals, and it would distract them from their war effort.

If the FaFL would actually invade Creation, he'd probably be defeated, because when people realized how great a threat he is,  everyone would join the fight - the Realm, Lookshy, all kinds of exalts and gods.  Creation would be laid waste, but I think he'd eventually lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back