Exalted Deathmatch VI

Which comes out on top: Survival or Death?

• Silver Pact

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First and Forsaken Lion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorrow said:
Safim said:
I am pretty sure that when you half a dozen first age lunars want you dead, then you are not coming back, deathlord or not. some firstager surely still has his toothbrush of primodial slaying lying around somewhere and that's it. or they just chain him up and throw him into the void at one point or another...
Just kill him normally and destroy his army. Bye bye for a couple of centuries.

If you really want him out for thousands of years, slay him with a spirit slaying charm. It will take him a century to reform.
But! He hasn't used that toothbrush of primodial killing for ... AGES and he is a very unhappy bunny for it!

Once again' date=' aside from the Essence, Jukashi, where is this weakness? They're dead, they don't eat. They don't sleep, they keep moving and carrying out orders assissted by Essence 6-10 War charms for mobility and the vast necromancy of their lord. And you all seem to forget the notion of the Usurpation, eventually...numbers win. They do, they really do. The only reasons the Lunars lived as well know is they got the fuck out of dodge.[/quote']
The army of the dead needs: Essence (A LOT); Communication of orders to troops; Communication of reports to superiors; Materials and artisans to maintain their weapons; Soulsteel to repair their artifacts and restock artifact ammo; Patrols to keep an eye out for spies; Patrols to stop carrion beasts eating the zombies; Good noncomissioned officers to keep in-fighting down (Ghosts aren't any better at keeping their emotions in check than mortals are); A ton of other stuff, too.

The Changing Moons can starve the FaFL's forces of these essential nutrients.

Numbers are important in traditional warfare, but that's when its army vs. army, which is what the FaFLs forces are designed for. Numbers won in the Usurpation because the DBs were able to wear down the Solar's essence until they were little more than heroic mortals. The Lunars, with the terrain and mobility advantage, can get out and replenish their essence before coming back.

If the Lunars don't use their army... which really, only slows them down... they'll only ever have to fight a small fraction of the deathlord's forces; the rest simply won't be able to fit. Armies of thousands are not created with the intent of fighting a few hundred individuals.

Let's say only half the Lunars fight at any given time, while the other half refresh themselves. With high mobility, they move to fast to be counterattacked. By striking the edges of the FaFL's army at random with hit-and-run tactics, they force the FaFL to dig himself in to minimise damage. If he does not, he stretches ot his forces and makes them vulnerable to attack; each Lunar will easily be able to kill about fifty of his troops every day, so with 150 Lunars fighting each day that's a loss of 7500 troops every day. Assuming a total army population of a million, it'll take only 133 days to decimate his army, after which the Lunars can focus on him and his Abyssals. Of course, if he stays mobile as is assumed, he willl be replenishing his forces, but at most he can only regain about half of what he loses each day.

If, instead, he digs himself in, the Lunars will not be able to kill so quickly but, at the same time, he will not be abble to regain any forces; thhus, it comes to roughly the same thing.

Besides ^_^ Even if you kill him' date=' he will only come back more powerful than before. And I have nay heard of a Lunar venturing forth into the Underworld to find that Well of the Void.[/quote']
First Age No Moons with Intelligence 10, sucka. A way will be found.

Who needs armies? Who needs demons? The Lunar have all they need right here.

Actually 50 per lunar seems pretty low to me... I mean lunar are about the most essence efficient fighters of all exalts. It takes like 5 motes to power up and then they neither need to stop to heal nor use any essence while killing extras.

Safim said:
Actually 50 per lunar seems pretty low to me... I mean lunar are about the most essence efficient fighters of all exalts. It takes like 5 motes to power up and then they neither need to stop to heal nor use any essence while killing extras.
Precisely. This the Lunars taking it easy.

Safim said:
I am pretty sure that when you half a dozen first age lunars want you dead, then you are not coming back, deathlord or not. some firstager surely still has his toothbrush of primodial slaying lying around somewhere and that's it. or they just chain him up and throw him into the void at one point or another...
The book says that very few know how to kill a Deathlord and nothing beyond being thrown into the void will do it.... well there is another way but it dosn't involve this.

you are all crazy you come up with crap that rationalizes nothing a full asulat will result in a lot of work for lytect as he has to exalt a couple hundred Lunars essences

Of course

inferior numbers of better trained troops in teir home ground always loses

just like how the VCs lost to the americans in Vietnam... oh wait

Umm, how the British easily defeated the american revolution... wait weong again

How the german forces crushed the Australians at Tobruk... oh wait that doesn;t work either

In answer to who can puzzle out the FaFL's weakness, I believe I said; First Age No Moons with Intelligence 10.

Jukashi said:
In answer to who can puzzle out the FaFL's weakness, I believe I said; First Age No Moons with Intelligence 10.
I'd say evan with that, it would be more try it out, hoping it will work not that they would get the chance any exalt will go down if they are out numbered enough I don't care how old they are

Superior numbers are nothing, EM, if they cannot be brought to bear. Sheer open space limits the amount of attackers against a single Lunar to about 10. With soak and regeneration, a Lunar can last a very long time against those numbers. And when they get bored, they just turn into a bird and fly away, to replenish their essence and come back for another try.

A good army- and the Lion's army is very good- is very orderly and well-coordinated, but armies are designed to fight other armies. It's just not possible to bring anywhere near an army's full strength to bear against small numbers of people.

Actually, if I remember, the Lunars and Solars at Red Aslan got raped horribly and they're small numbers and a group of Exalts. A rather large one.

Were they able to escape and replenish their essence before coming back for a second helping?

The instances of small numbers of Exalts being defeated by larger numbers of inferiors are generally when the inferiors attack, and therefore set the battle on their own terms. In this case, it is the FaFLs forces that are at the Lunar's mercy.

The Lion can only win if he can trap the Lunars. And Lunars are the masters of not getting trapped.

Actually the Lion had nothing to do with it, it was the Autobots and the Exalts, no mortals involved, just an ass kicking contest.

I'm afraid none of the books I have contain much relating to Alchemicals, so I can't really reply very well.

Still, I stand by my view that the Lunars can beat the snot of the Lion and his army.

Hmm, seems we're both at an impass. Stubborn Ass Emulating Prana is up for both of us and we're iconic in standards of the Stubborn mule. I believe if we both looked at teh respective books we could resolve this in SOME way.

Jukashi said:
I'm afraid none of the books I have contain much relating to Alchemicals, so I can't really reply very well.
Still, I stand by my view that the Lunars can beat the snot of the Lion and his army.
The Autochonian book makes it very clear that the only thing stopping the Lion from over running Creation is that there is no shadow land nere him, thats why I say that the Lunars can't win they will hafe to go to him in his domain they can't respire their essence there and if they can't soak 70A they die if they live long enough to get to him wich do to limited essence is unlikly that and starving to death do to runnung out of food.

Jukashi said:
Once again, I reiterate my statement. We need to either read these books or come to an armistice. For now...*dramatic lightning*

Actually the books state that the reason the FaFL does attack creation because the other DLs would sweep in behind him and take his land.

Actually, from what I remember, he wants to do it to fill his ranks, take back Stygia and march down the well to his Master and shove his hand into that undead heart.

He has no real fear of the others. It took NINE of them to bring him down from his invasion of Stygia. NINE Deathlords to take his army down with their combined Void Circle power.

i meant that they would move in while he was occupied with creation and had his forces decicated on a non-fortified area. It would have been hard to pull out ANY DL from stygia.

Actually the Lion had nothing to do with it' date=' it was the Autobots and the Exalts, no mortals involved, just an ass kicking contest.[/quote']
I just read it. Red Aslan got attacked from autocthonians but they got their ass kicked. They even lost 2 alchemicals before retreating. Lion did not attack Red aslan, but if he did he would surely conquer it.

Red Aslan got destroyed from Kulka.

Hmm' date=' seems we're both at an impass. Stubborn Ass Emulating Prana is up for both of us and we're iconic in standards of the Stubborn mule. I believe if we both looked at teh respective books we could resolve this in SOME way.[/quote']
Very true , though I would replace "both" with "all" and I wouldn't agree in the last part. :lol:

Well CW, you stil haven't truly countered my argument that the FaFL can't bring his forces to bear properly on a small number of high-power individuals.

What's there to argue? He CAN do it. He has small units he uses as well. A good general can split up his forces, he does have commando elements that can be precise like a surgeons blade. I'm looking at Nemessaries, nemessary powered warstriders (they exist look 'em up) hekatonkhire, some of the ones I've read about could slut Lunars pretty fucking easy. You seem to think he can't think outside big unit tactics. He's not a general for nothing. He's not some arm chair grognard playing in his parent's basement with a fucking rendition of the Soviet Union blitzing across 1980s Germany.

The man has a 9 Intelligence, me thinks he can adapt pretty fucking quickly.

Nemissary powered warstriders ahem... they suck to be really honest. and the heka fanmade stats might be very well off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back