Exalted Comic Goodness / Preview

Haku1

Ze Hamster of Lurkdom
Okay... Zub of UDON is doing a series of articles about the scene behind the making of the Exalted Comic. Yeah... fun goodness... ^_^

UDON getting the contract for the comic -

http://www.wolf-spoor.org/Article702.html

Zub's first article about the scene behind making the comic happen

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... adid=33959

Part 2 of 'Inside the Grauntlet'

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... adid=34405

Part 3 of 'Inside the Grauntlet'

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... adid=35050

Part 4 of 'Inside the Grauntlet'

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... did=35453'

Part 5 of 'Inside the Grauntlet'

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... adid=35939

EDIT - added in part 3 on 2nd of June

EDIT - added in part 4 on 8th of June

EDIT - added in part 5 on 15th of June

That picture preview of the comic does a good job summing up the initial plot to every action movie ever.  Now we just need either a rough and tumble constable who is secretly a softie, or a rough and tumble ex-constable out for non-specific revenge.  Whichever it is will become entangled in this situation despite every attempt to avoid it, and end up saving the day.

Fucking comics.

No word on main characters... BUT... every -single- character ever 'named' in the setting is a potential main character. Not just the big 5.

As for the when it'll be released...  this Fall, presumably september, outside of special conventions where #0 will be released.

psychoph said:
Looks liek you will have to get a US friend to ship it to you.
Something like that. I do have an adress in NY, but there´s usually nobody home.

Does anyone know of any company that reships stuff to other countries? So that I could buy stuff that´s usually only shipped inside the USA?

hehehe... That´s not exactly what I meant.

I need a company that receives products bought elsewhere, which would be shipped to their adress. And they would, in turn, ship it over to me.

Does such a thing exist?

June 30-July 3: Origins - Columbus, Ohio

July 13-17: San Diego Comic Con - San Diego, California

Aug 18-21: Gen Con Indy - Indianapolis, Indiana

Aug 26-28: Canadian National Comic Expo - Toronto, Ontario

Sept 2-5: Dragon*Con - Atlanta, Georgia

More info on it can be gotten here.

http://forums.white-wolf.com/viewforum.php?f=72

Haku said:
June 30-July 3: Origins - Columbus, Ohio
July 13-17: San Diego Comic Con - San Diego, California

Aug 18-21: Gen Con Indy - Indianapolis, Indiana

Aug 26-28: Canadian National Comic Expo - Toronto, Ontario

Sept 2-5: Dragon*Con - Atlanta, Georgia

More info on it can be gotten here.

http://forums.white-wolf.com/viewforum.php?f=72
BAH! The only one in California is too far, and I'll be gone during it.

Damnit all!

I'm just disinclined to like something that starts up with the casual slaying of a nameless Exalt, even (especially?) if it's a Terrestrial. It kind of devalues the rareness and specialness of the Chosen.

On the other hand, the artwork looks really cool. Hmmm. Tough call.

Well... it's only a scene. For all we know it might only show up in the middle of #0 or whatever.

Also bear in mind that the one doing the gakking is most likely a solar... so... -_- ;

Maryuoh said:
I'm just disinclined to like something that starts up with the casual slaying of a nameless Exalt, even (especially?) if it's a Terrestrial. It kind of devalues the rareness and specialness of the Chosen.
Terrestrials are a dime a dozen, though.

But..but..Terrestrials don't have a finite amount of essences to spread the love..

Therefore: Dime a dozen. No contradicting the emergency food source, sah!

Maryuoh said:
Terrestrials are a dime a dozen, though.
*sullen glare*

[mutters]Princes of Fuckin' Creation... can't get any respect...[/mutters]

But..but..Terrestrials don't have a finite amount of essences to spread the love..
Therefore: Dime a dozen. No contradicting the emergency food source, sah!
Neither do extras, godblooded and the various buggers about in Creation.

I find it somewhat ironic that the godblooded have MORE essence in their pools at essence 2 and 3 then a terresterial, even if they have no charms to speak of after character creation. ^_-

As for emergency food sources... you're not the only one... ^_-

Haku said:
I find it somewhat ironic that the godblooded have MORE essence in their pools at essence 2 and 3 then a terresterial, even if they have no charms to speak of after character creation. ^_-

As for emergency food sources... you're not the only one... ^_-
Just goes to show that the Realm isn't incestous enough yet.

Essence Pools

Actually, godblooded essence levels are comparable to solars.

Don't think so? I'm going to assume essence 2, a willpower of 6, and a total virtue of 9 for this.... with 3 as the score for highest virtues (conviction / valor). There isn't going to be any breeding or additional add-ons to essence pools.

In short, let's compare essence pools... ^_^

Gods/Elementals/Demons/Ghosts // total = 56

(Essence 2 x 10) + (Willpower 6 x 3) + (Sum of Virtues 9 x 2) = 56

Solar & Abyssal // total = 41 - changed from 31 to correct #

(Essence 2 x 3) + Willpower 6 = 12

(Essence 2 x 7) + Willpower 6 + Sum of Virtues 9 = 29

Lunar // total = 46

Essence 2 + (Willpower 6 x 2) = 14

(Essence 2 x 4) + (Willpower 6 x 2) + (Highest Virtue 3 x 4) = 32

Sidereal // total = 37

(Essence 2 x 2) + Willpower 6 = 10

(Essence 2 x 6) + Willpower 6 + Sum of Virtues 9 = 27

Alchemical //  total = 46

(Essence 2 x 3) + Willpower 6 = 12

(Essence 2 x 5) + (Willpower 6 x 3) + (highest virtue 3 x 2) = 34

Dragonblooded // total = 28

Essence 2 + Willpower 6 = 8

(Essence 2 x 4) + Willpower 6 + sum of 2 Highest Virtues 6 = 20

Dragon Kings // total = 26

(Essence 2 x 4) + (Willpower 6 x 2) + Convction 3 + Valor 3 = 26

Fair Folk/Mountain Folk // total = 20

(Essence 2 x 10) = 20

Godblooded // total = 31

(Essence 2 x 5) + (Willpower 6 x 2) + Sum of Virtues 9 = 31

Half-caste // total = 19

(Essence 2 x 5) + (Sum of Virtues 9) = 19

Fae-blooded // total = 16

(Essence 2 x 8) = 16

Mortals // total = 17

Essence 2 + Willpower 6 + Conviction 3 + (Highest Virtue 3 x 2) = 17

Please note that this is merely the essence pool calculation and does NOT take into account the effectiveness of various charms, glamours and whatever supernatural effects have you.

EDIT - Bugger... I did forget to carry the 1 in solar/abyssal essence calculation...

You forgot to carry the 1. The Solar/Abyssal's pool in that example is 41, not 31; 10 more than the God-Blooded.

I think it is pretty much assumed, though, that unless your DB is from Lookshy or is a Lost Egg, they're going to have a fairly decent amount of Breeding. It just goes with the territory of the breeding for quality the Realm has going for it.

Maryuoh said:
You forgot to carry the 1. The Solar/Abyssal's pool in that example is 41, not 31; 10 more than the God-Blooded.
Damn, you're right... curse my faltering skills of basic mathematics, soon, my level shall down to kindergarden levels...  :shock:

Andrew02 said:
I think it is pretty much assumed, though, that unless your DB is from Lookshy or is a Lost Egg, they're going to have a fairly decent amount of Breeding. It just goes with the territory of the breeding for quality the Realm has going for it.
True true... however, at what line do you draw the breeding to? Also, if abyssal or alchemical, they're going to be packing their own charms that boosts their essence pools. This is also not counting inplanting an amult to give you even more essence.

I dunno. GCG or whoever dropped the ball with Breeding. It's one of those things that really every DB needs to take, and it skews these kinds of comparisons badly. A DB without Breeding is the illegitimate love child of some young punk sowing his wild oats with a gutterslut of Creation. I can't think of an adequate way to account for charms or backgrounds like that except to take an equal amount of bonus points and see how far each type of Exalt could get if they spent purely for big pools of essence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back