Everything So Far

Olimak Lenore

True, the lack of a crew or even a ship was something that would have to be rectified immediately. Getting both done as soon as possible was a priority.

Lenore turned around and spotting Nikros.

"You there! See what ships are docked within the Spire, then come back and tell me what you've found," she barked, tossing a small sigil and a bag of coins. "Quickly,"

Now, to find a crew, thought Lenore, stalking into the bar after the warrior.

For Lenore

Inside is virtually empty, save for the innkeeper, the warrior who is now eating at the bar, chatting a little with some child.

Moran & Roland

The door opens, and with heavy footsteps a figure clad in ludicrously heavy, beautifully made enters.

Olimak Lenore

In a few quick strides, Lenore is already at the bar.

"I have neither the time nor the patience to be subtle. Do you have experience fighting or crewing a skyship? Success will be rewarded generously, and failure with cruelty," she announced. There was no anger or malice in her voice, merely a speed of tone that spoke mildly of urgency. To illustrate her point, a bag of silver jostled about in one mailed palm, its gentle tinkle at odds with the harsh chill of Lenore's voice.

Moran Shadowdancer

L'ámnia Silverlight

She looked at the soldier for a second. "Which is," she asked when suddenly a large, imposing woman wearing armor, a shield and a sword stormed into the place. L'ámnia felt at loss for words as she studied the approaching woman not so much because she had enviably beautiful hair but because she was fearsome. This was not a person she'd want to cross. "I have neither the time nor the patience to be subtle. Do you have experience fighting or crewing a skyship? Success will be rewarded generously, andfailure with cruelty"

"Pardon me ma'am," L'ámnia said softly, feeling like a small child who was facing the armsmaster for the first time, "what do you mean by success will be rewarded generously and failure with cruelty?" Those eyes turned on her, or rather, what should be eyes gazed at her. "What I mean is, I have no experience in a ship of any kind and I would much rather not have to face your wrath for my lack of experience." She looked the woman up and down. "I wouldn't mind experiencing what it might be like on a skyship but I don't have the skill set you seem to be looking for. I am, however, a quick learner." She had to look away from those eyes, they seemed to peer into her soul. She turned quickly, breaking off eye contact and took a sip from her mug of cider. No, she had no experience fighting but she could run, if running became necessary.

Olimak Lenore

Lenore simple looks at the youth, face impassive. Those eyes however... they continued to glow, sockets filled with molten bronze that still somehow manage to see.

"Success means following orders, showing initiative, knowing ones own limits, the ability to learn, and being an asset to whatever mission at hand. My responses to this will be continuing respect and integrity, a sizeable cut of whatever material wealth is rewarded to us, and my oath to protect my crew to the best of my ability. Failure means an inability to follow orders, ignorance, false pride, lack of respect and being detrimental to the mission at hand. The reward for that is at best, pain and dismissal. At worst, death."

Roland Macrus

Roland was stopped by the barging in of the heavily armed and armored woman. As she spoke, Roland, whose hand hand drifted to his sword on reflex, paused and was surprised. Who knew a paying opportunity would barge in like this. Still, despite the apparently Infernal look of the woman and her attitude, Roland wanted to evaluate before deciding... and get inside the Spire if this didn't pan out.

"Sounds manageable, for a sellsword like me. But... before I make my decision, mind introducing yourself and showing us the skyship? In the Spire, like?"

Moran Shadowdancer

L'ámnia Silverlight

She nodded, encouraged by the soldier. "Yes, I have nothing to keep me here and though I've no experience, I usually need to be shown what to do once." Her stomach roiled. Oh, to leave the Spire and get away from her uncle's clutches, to go far away and never return, to be free. If this was the first step then she'd take it.

Olimak Lenore

She nodded in understanding, secreting the purse within her armor.

"My current ship is momentarily indisposed. I will however be evaluating replacements. If you can learn quickly, preferable from the other crew, then that is acceptable. If you are still inclined to follow me, knowing what is expected of you, then you may accompany me in my evaluations. Is that acceptable?"

Moran Shadowdancer

L'ámnia Silverlight

L'ámnia looked from the soldier to the warrior woman, her eyes once more narrowing as her brain went into overdrive. "I must say that I am not disinterested madam but I would like to know a bit more about what is expected. What do you need from a crew, other than, of course, sailors and fighters? As I have already told you, I am neither. But where are you bound, where do you go? How long of a contract do you wish for the crew to sign? What do you expect from your crew, what kinds of freedoms can your crew expect from you? How can we- no, never mind. It is not my intent madam to question what you say, I merely wish to know more about the venture. It is one thing for you to know your crew but I do cannot believe that you would wish to have people on board who have any misgivings about you or your mission." L'ámnia began to have a very serious discussion with herself as she realized that her words, her phrasing and the perfection of her words belied the tale told by her clothing and her presence in such an establishment. It was, she decided, too late to worry over much about it now. If this woman was planning on going far, far away from her uncle then she'd gladly sign on and, once she'd fulfilled her contract, leave, change her identity and hopefully, find her eldest brother and his family.

Nikros

...Well, that was... Unexpected. And to be frank, the young thief was tempted to simply take the money and run. But, well, he certainly didn't more people after him, and it gave him an excuse to get a closer look at this place anyway. A lifetime of toil in the Iron Tower had obviously left him a bit lacking in knowledge of other places, and... Well, this place was about as different from his home as he could imagine, even at a mere glance.

So, with bag of coins in hand, toward the Spire he went. Any fear wasn't showing in the least anymore, practiced calm and deference on his face as he headed for the nearest entry into the massive structure. Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to get in, get a list of ships, and get out. But, well, he had no idea what to expect. Anything was possible really, ranging from getting in without a fuss to being locked up or daring ask. With his day he was leaning toward the second.

Roland Macrus

It took a long moment of deciding for Roland to determine whether to sign on or not. Well, risk was risk, and he took deadly risk for a living. Roland glanced wryly at 'Moran', then back at the woman. "Oh, I'll accompany you. I'm not making my decision yet. But I won't say no yet either. I'm still waiting for your name."

Olimak Lenore

"My apologies. I am somewhat... irritated by recent events. My name is Olimak Lenore, of House Olimak. My previous crew mutinied for whatever reason, and stole my ship, the Firefly, and fled. I require an entire crew to hunt down my previous crew and act as a temporary or permanent replacement for them. You contract shall begin with this first mission and can continue on a mission by mission basis. From my crew, I expect nothing but your the full extent of your ability and your utmost loyalty. As for freedoms, you may do anything you wish, so long as it does not tarnish or disrespect me or my name."

"Is that sufficient?" she finished coldly, her eyes narrowing. "Or am I wasting my time pandering to you?"

Heresh (To Meric and Ywen)

"Hmmm. Nope, dunno as I've seen them around. This guy here looks like a groundpounder, though, you might wanna look in the lower levels and the village at the base of the Spire. I'll ask around, though, that girl looks slightly familiar."

"How about you, Ms, uh? I'm sorry, I don't think we've met. Hi."

Heresh grins broadly.

"Heresh Morrikin, glad to be of service to you, once I've checked in with Spire command about some maintenance issues. I can show you guys to a service elevator, help you find a way to look around."

Heresh pads in the direction of a stairwell, intending to show the troll and the tree-lady to either the obs deck or a way to move down the Spire.

She's also planning to check in with command. There's a troll in the Spire, he's got a picture of what appears to be someone from the family of another Spire. This may be relevant.

Nonetheless, she keeps up a patter as she moves, glancing back over her shoulder.

"So, yeah, what are you doing here at the Spire? Trade, beg, borrow, steal, repair or wreck?"

Roland Macrus

Mutinied? Not a good sign. But then, the first mission sounded enough. And if he didn't like her manner of doing things? Wait and depart with the gold after the first one ended. Roland nodded, and rose. "Alright. I accept."

Meric King

He grins cheerfuly, "Thanks for the help! I'll take a look around, see if I can't find any just by wandering." Maybe i'll just ask some ghosts, he muses, they're always so helpful. Oh. Another human. Wait, it's a Dryad. They're small too. "Hello, Dryad. I'm looking for some friends, have you seen any of them?" He shows her the pictures.

Nikros

The guards stop you immediately, and it takes an effort of will not to prostrate yourself in the dirt as would be proper at the Tower.

"Magi and other notables only," one says in accented Tradestongue, light gleaming off his enchanted armour.

Nikros

After a barely noticeable flinch as he fought off the trained instincts living in the Iron Tower, Nikros gave a slight bow to the guards. Technically, he could get in by those criteria. Technically. Realistically, the fact that he was a magi hadn't really completely processed just yet, as he tried a more diplomatic approach. "Oh, of course sir. I was simply hoping to get a list of the airships currently docked here. I've been... Hired, to get the list to someone." Maybe he should present that sigil the woman had included with the money? Maybe not? He didn't recognize it, but that was hardly surprising and it might mean something to the guards...

Nikros

"Any proof? We need writs, sigils, that kind of thing." The guard is actually smiling, and his weapon is still stowed. He seems almost sympathetic.

Moran Shadowdancer

L'ámnia Silverlight

Pandering? Some people had a real high estimation of themselves. The soldier jumped up and accepted. L'ámnia wasn't too sure why her former crew mutinied but if it had anything to do with her attitude then she had a pretty good guess why. The question she had to ask herself was, could she put up with this kind of self-importance long enough to get away from her uncle? She sighed.

"I think I can accept those terms. Perhaps we ought to see this ship you're getting to hunt down your Firefly?"

Olimak Lenore

"Good. I've sent a gopher to retrieve a list of ships. He should be back within the hour. Until then, could you direct me to where I can purchase supplies?"

Roland Macrus

Already Roland suddenly had a sinking feeling. Infernals, arrogant even when uninformed. "If we want good supplies, it'll be in the Spire. I'll go with you. Moran?"

Moran Shadowdancer

L'ámnia Silverlight

She nodded. "Yes, I have to agree, the spire would be a good place to get supplies, I've even had some dealings with the Magi. If you give me but a moment, I shall retrieve my possessions." She got up from her chair and hurried up the stairs to the large room shared by a dozen men. There hadn't been anyone in the room when she had gone down to eat so she had felt relatively secure in leaving her things there. Sure enough, they were still there. She checked them over quickly, made sure everything was still in place then hurried back downstairs.

Olimak Lenore

The Infernal turned towards Roland, raising an eyebrow in his direction.

"Is there nothing you wish to retrieve? If you truly wish to accept my offer, there will be scant time to return once we begin boarding."

What at first glance and at a distance could be mistaken for a human woman, looked up, bright red eyes meeting the troll's own in an even, calm gaze. However, the woman's 'hair' couldn't truly be called such, instead, from her head grew an even curtain of thin, yew branchlets, covered in the evergreen tree's needles.Similarly, her skin was colored and textured like bark, rather than flesh.She was dressed rather simply, if well. A simple, elegant, and well-fashioned pair of tan trews with a shirt and coat of the same evergreen hue as her 'hair', with an elegant embroidery the same red as her

eyes managed to give the impression of an especially modest airship captain, or perhaps a business investor.

This far from Trollhaven, he's all but guaranteed to be a mage. The other sort just don't leave their city that often, unless they've been falsifying or covering up what news gets out of Trollhaven, and I doubt there would be sufficient benefit from that to merit the sheer expensive of the thing.

Looking up at the large Troll with a welcoming smile of her own, she nodded. "Certainly, I would be happy to assist you. Please, do tell me about your friends. I'd hate to waste your time by directing you to the incorrect individuals. And perhaps, once we've found them, the group of you can tell me how you came to be traveling together, for I sense a story there and one I'd quite welcome hearing."

Turning to Heresh, she nodding in greeting. "I am Ywen. As for why I'm here, I found myself rather unaccountably with more free time than I expected, so I decided to travel. As befits a place of such learning and culture, I chose the Spire as my first destination. Always fascinating to see what a group of well-motivated mages can accomplish when they set their minds to it."

Roland Macrus

"No, I've got everything I need." And it was true, these past few days Roland had been going on little more than with armor, money, weapons, and arrows, plus the food and rooming he could pay for. All that was left was to wait for 'Moran.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back