Everything So Far

L’amnia Silverlight

“I would prefer to tell the tale below decks, Captain, if that’s all right?”

Once they were below and safe from prying eyes and ears, spoke. “Until we actually got there, I had the expectation that we would be warmly received, seeing as I am who I say I am. I also had the expectation of at least nominal politeness, and the silly games of the elite. I had not expected that there would be any danger to my person, and had told Llorn the very same.

“Things changed when we entered the throne room. We spoke in the Language of the Clouds so neither Llorn nor Urral could understand the first part of our conversation. I paid my respects to the Prince, and introduced myself, though I did not abase myself, meaning I didn’t bow my head, which would indicate I find him my social superior.  I then complimented him on the Spire.

“The old prince was unable to speak and so his son spoke for him, he was less than… how should I put it, complimentary in his tone. He said welcome, but his tone said otherwise. I responded by using lofty language to tell him I am sorry to hear his father is unwell but that he must be proud to have a father who does not give up his responsibility for the mere sake of age and illness and that I’d be willing to wait around for his sister, the heir, to arrive. And then I asked him what he knew of my and I quote here, ‘known travails and asked him if he referred to the fact that my uncle killed his entire family. I then thanked him kindly for the hospitality of the Spire and said I’d humbly take him up on it.

“I think, though, that I already knew we wouldn’t stay. His words were a bit too poisonous to remain healthy. He then mentioned my assassins and suggested that because they have yet to be apprehended, he feared for the security of the people of the Spire. This is when he started to speak in Trade. He also tried to demonstrate that he had some power.

“I replied by suggesting that I was the only person in danger of the assassin and that, because I was bred to rule, and I am directly connected to five ruling Spires, I wouldn’t ever put his people at risk, and he’s an idiot for even suggesting such a thing as he ought to know better. I didn’t use the word idiot though. And then the insults started. This is when he acknowledged who I am then tried to suggest I could be an imposter.

“I believe my exact words were, “Thou, thou, who hast offered me not the honours that ought to be accorded my rank wilt stand before me and question the validity of my words when thou knowest full well what hath occurred in Silverlight but recently. Thou hath the temerity to look me in the eyes and speak words to suggest that mine own understanding of my uncle's court is, perhaps, one of delusion and that I know not the cause of the murders, nay, the assassinations of mine own kinsmen. And yet, My Lord, it doth seem to me as if thou art fully aware that an assassin hath attempted to end my own breath on many occasions, only to have failed. And, if thou art not in accord with my uncle then I would call thee feeble minded but if thou art, then thou art much worse. So stand not before me and accuse me of being daft, accuse me not of performing an action that would take the lives of my people, for all people of all Spires are as dear to me as those who I shall rule as is my birthright, a right granted to me by the great dragon himself. And stand down thy winds lest my friends and companions mistake them for a declaration of hostilities.”

She paused then shrugged. “I guess I did call him an idiot.”

She closed her eyes then opened them and continued.  His response was most insulting and he said, and I quote: Is this a declaration of hostilities? You speak so proudly of your rank and courtesies due, but note; there is no formal recognition of these claims. The sitting lord of Silverlight is legitimate, and I see no reason he would stain himself with assassins to be rid of you," he sneers. "I cannot slight the honour of a presumptuous and exiled usurper - and I cannot imagine a family of our august conclave who would entertain your claims without a respected member to vouch for them, nor the proper writs. If you feel so offended by accordance by common law, perhaps you would care to settle this in a more traditional manner?  A trial by combat. If you are victorious, Puddleglum Spire will recognize your claim to Silverlight and support your cause. But, more likely, when I strike down you or your champion, you will abandon this pretension and return to whatever den of pirates from whence you came.”

She shook her head. “He was putting me into a box, Captain, and he knew it. I really wanted to slap the smirk off his face.  And then I responded with: Now then, let's look at the realities of the situation. You have, by your own words, acknowledge that I am L'ámnia of Silverlight. My uncle is paying you, of course, so you are in his pocket and therefore you think you are brave enough to insult me. And so you do. I am insulted, congratulations Lucius, you have done a proper job in insulting someone of my station. Do you wish for your demerits now or later? I am sure that your father's court are all very impressed with you. You know how to insult people, smear their good name, and show how utterly classless you are by suggesting that you ought to duel a woman. Notice I didn't say a lady. No one of any class could suggest it is any way shape or form the height of civilized behavior to challenge a woman to a duel. And, as a woman, I do have the right to be outraged. What you suggest is that I have taken up with pirates I shall be more than happy to inform Lenore of the Infernal House of Olimak that you have called her a pirate. I don't think she will take that very well. The Infernals are not known for their tolerance of being insulted."

L’amnia smiled. “I think he paled at that one captain, especially when I asked Urral what she thought you’d do if you found out he had called you a pirate. You should have seen her, Captain, she was beautiful and terrifying.  I responded by saying that I do know the rules of civilized behavior and I can decide whether or not to take him up on his offer of a duel. But before I could decide, he gave me two days to prepare and that he would meet my champion. Or I could refuse, leave the Spire and face paying fines.”

She snorted.

“He is not allowed to appropriate fees or fines for anything, and he knows that. He has to get the commission from the Privy Council and the only person who can order them to convene is the Prince or his heir. As he is neither, he is only trying to frighten me. He is trying to show that he is the rattus in charge and if he can get me to leave Puddlegum, then he has gained something. And if I stay and challenge him, then he will gain position if he is able to defeat me- or my champion, or he will lose face if he loses. Now, the L’amnia of old, if it’s my uncle telling him about me, would have held her head high, retreated and remembered the insult for when she was either in a position of greater power, or had married into greater power. But I am not that girl. I want to destroy him. And then I want to destroy everyone who has made an allegiance with my uncle. And then I want to find the heir and determine whether or not she is with me or against me and if she is against me, then I will have no pity for her.”

She then neatly folded her hands and waited for the Captain to say something.

Olimak Lenore - Top Deck, Ember Rose

"Hm," is Lenore's only response, no hint of her thoughts escaping her expression. Still, the tension around her is palpable, and the Olimak tilts her head as those blazing eyes bore into L'amnia.

Finally, she breaks her silence, her words slow and careful, full of the gravitas she holds with every word.

"So be it,"

"Macrus, Miles," comes the sudden bark. "Go out within the tower, find out what you can about current state of affairs within Puddleglum, notably around the Royals. Discover where the boy is pulling that foolish courage from, for I doubt one would be quite so brave to chance facing a chosen champion of the Lezek having seen them. I trust you to be subtle, and be discreet. I do not wish for you to gather knives at your backs,"

"Morrikin, Colby," she continues, fully within the role of a commander declaring battle plans. "Do what you can to craft a method to dispel the noted magics of your peers. Stormlords may brush off the touch of Rion, but the rest of the crew would find it fatal. There is to be no sleep until you do, for you hold the lives of your crewmembers in your hands,"

"Anma," now focused on the slightest of her Bones. "Go to the Nobles. Tell them I am aware of the situation, and that I will not intervene directly between their affairs with Silverlight. However, also let them know that I take the lives of those in my employ very seriously. Any failures on the part of Puddleglum and her protectors to prevent harm coming to them outside of a sanctioned duel, I will take it as the utmost of personal insults, and respond appropriately. Tell them in Spirespeak, and tell them loudly, so that all present will hear it for what it is,"

"Kiri, Lot," Lenore's attention switches to the remaining two Bones, one bearing a Hellforged shotgun. "You are now protectors to Silverlight. Guard her with your life, for you are my promise to safeguard her made manifest,"

Now the Captain's bulk turns back toward L'amnia and to Urral.

"As for Silverlight and the Lezek,"

A broad grin etches itself across her face.

"Go out and enjoy the tower. Show no fear, hide no smile. Do not be cowed. Decide which of you will face the challenge in combat. For to destroy an enemy, it is not enough to break his body,"

The Olimak slowly closes her fist, knuckles popping loudly as she clenches it harder and harder.

"His spirit must be crushed,"

Roland Macrus

"Last I heard, the Doctor was right with the lass." Roland pointed out. High station or not, he was still going to be calling her that now and then as a reminder. "Sure, she and Urral might have drawn the larger share of notice, but people might actually have paid attention, and if he's known to be in her party and asking questions... Discretion has some limitations then Captain."

L'ámnia Silverlight

"Not if I make myself obvious, maybe." She looked over at Roland. "People who were in the Upper Spire probably won't be seen where you two can probably go and not be out of place, plus I'm not exactly going to go into some smoke-filled den of banditry and I really don't think that Urral can be subtle if she tried." She smiled at her larger friend. "However, if the two of us," she glanced at the bones and inclined her head politely, "and the Bones make ourselves conspicous, then people might not be paying as much attention to who was with me."

She then turned to her two friends who'd be tinkering even as she began to divest herself of the costly gems and jewels. "As for you guys, you'll probably need these more than I will. I don't need to go about the Spire with so much sapphire on me that I'm practically asking for some stupid thief to try his luck against three Inferni." She paused, tilted her head and looked at the captain. "What is the plural of Infernal? Infernals sounds so... puny."

She continued to take off her jewelery and hand them over to Colby and Heresh.

Llorn Miles

On deck --> below deck

From the dockside, up the gangway and onto the deck, Llorn maintained his aloof awareness, listening to but not participating in the conversation between the Spiremaiden and their Infernal captain. When Lenore inquired if L'amnia's account was accurate, he nodded his head, "While I cannot account for the princess' words prior to the conversation switching to Trade, but even with the dressing up, the obnoxious little pus was hugely impolite and, had he been in less exalted company, would have ended up sprouting knives in a variety of interesting places."

He followed the group below, smiling gently as the captain proposed the plan of action. A little bit of infiltration and information-gathering, he thought to himself, and perhaps he could start generating a rumor mill of his own.

"I can start mingling amongst the dockers and sailors, a native Shaydenseaman tends to sit well with men who ply the clouds, while Roland might well want to brush shoulders with the mercenaries and sell-swords in the military district. Of course, I might have to grease some palms, since honeyed words only get a man so far.", he fixed the captain with a wily look, "I'll forward my expenses to your good self. I also might let slip how Milady L'amnia was helpful when dealing with that damned Ollanius. Not enough to impinge upon your actions, of course, captain, but enough to give anyone who knows of Ollanius and his infamy pause. The first blow to strike in a battle is to the enemy's minds."

Olimak Lenore - Below Deck, Ember Rose

Listening to Roland, the Captain turns to give an equal ear to L'amnia and Miles in turn.

"Macrus, I would believe that Silverlight and the Doctor have the right of it. Only a few would have seen the Doctor by her side, and even then, his would have been a mundane appearaqnce compared to noble and Ascended. It would be unlikely that his face would be propagated amongst the lower classes,"

"Furthermore, the Tower itself is not united. Surely there are those that have no love lost for those above. Affect an accent, a persona if you must. Simply be wary. The plans we will make depend on what information you bring back,"

L'ámnia Silverlight

"If I may Captain? Whilst Urral, the Bones and I are out and about, why don't I never speak to them directly? If I want them to know something, I'll have Urral speak to them in Urd, that way people might think they don't speak Trade, or even Spire and merchants love to gossip, it might be that they'd hear something someone says to someone else that neither Urral nor I would hear."

Urral 

"The Bones are lifesworn servants of House Olimak, they aren't the type to engage in gossip outside their own...circles." 

Remaining largely silent as she'd been generally told and trained to do. Urral had been keeping busy playing out the fight to come in her head. Each book she'd read on combat techniques and style, every manuscript, and even the occasional demonstration was still no help when she was going in blind except for the fact that she'd be most likely electrocuted a bit. Heresh would be needed to work rapidly. By the time Urral decided to chime in, her own irritation at the lack of information available showing in the sudden spite in her words. 

"I simply need some more information, not gossip and Idle foolish weak talk. I do not know how this ratfiend fights and I want to slay him quickly. I do not know if this is feasible and I have seen no concern by these here. I wish not to die but I will go proudly if needed. I am going to prepare and ready my affairs as needed. I am going to speak with Heresh." 

With flourish, Urral pulls her wings in tight creating a small gust and goes off to find Heresh to prep some sort of defense. 

Heresh

Deck, Ember Rose

Heresh rips off a sharp salute, then trundles towards Urral.

"Glorious Ascendant, I will your armour to remake against storm." She grins. "Wings and lightning. I'll have you done up as the Spire Guard reborn to perfection."

As it happens, Heresh already has the schematics for a system to absorb and redirect lightning sent against armour. She'll need to tinker with it a bit to adjust it to Urral's plate, but it can be done. 

Heresh reaches to tap a knuckle against Urral's breastplate. "I'll try to make it subtle and unobtrusive, I promise."

[I'll check with Grey about the copious amount of dice rolling which is shortly to take place]

Lezekim Urral 

The scowl brought on by sour mood softens. "By my will, I will strengthen your armor against the storm, By my will..." She repeats the last bit in slowly formed Urd, letting the words roll off her tongue as fluidly as a Lybar slinking away from a midnight tyrst. Anyone learning Urd would be able to pick up on the slightly offensive simplistic tone usually reserved for Infernal Children and well treated invested. 

Urrals slightly condescending tone was nothing new however and her mind was in other places. Mostly falling upon the pain of her demonic soul being sent back to Hell to reside in embarrassment in Pandamonium. It was possible that her thoughts on things weren't the majority opinion but as she saw it, Infernals in Mundus were the peak of Demonic status. It was easy to be one of the named millions of Infernal beings in Hell but to ascend and taste vice first hand in the mortal realms, that was a rare gift bestowed upon Infernals. 

A gift that Urral did not wish to lose so meekly and in the defense of someone who she was beginning to take slights with. 

"Good Heresh..." Urral halts mid step to turn fully to face the Spire-Engineer. "I'll let you do as you wish with my Arms and armor. I just wish I was given more time to prepare for this fight. If I should fall you will return my body and weaponry home?" 

L'ámnia Silverlight

She watched in silence as both Urral and then Heresh left. Fiddling with the ends of her belt, she turned an inquisitive eye towards Lenore. "If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Would you fight, or would you let Urral take up the right of challenger? I don't know if I could beat this creature, and I worry that in letting her do it, she'll be injured by things to which I am immune. It is not fear of fighting that worries me, it is fear of failing, fear of not being good enough, fear of being defeated that falters my steps.

"Also, I do not wish to take away a fight from Urral that would only add to her name. It is of no thing should I take up the challenge of the son of the Prince of Puddlegum, but if Urral fights him, and defeats him, then wouldn't that be good for her? I believe that she can beat him for I have faith in Heresh's and Colby's abilities to make her armor proof against Spire magic. But what could it cost Urral? It doesn't take a fortune teller to see that her distaste for the Ratkin is due to some trauma formed in her past, what if her hate for them consumes her and works against her? Will she be alright, mentally and emotionally? Will this help or help worsen the trauma from which she suffers?

"I do not wish for her to do something that will cause her pain and sorrow, but I can appreciate that for the sake of Pride, she will risk it to say she won this fight. Is it unworthy of me to feel worry and concern for her?"

Olimak Lenore - Below Deck, Ember Rose

"Were it I within your position, I would fight," replies Lenore without hesitation. "It is my honor, it is my right to respond in kind. And, did I wish to destroy the enemy as you do, I would sully my hands with their blood, to ensure that nothing remains that may tarnish my name in future,"

"However...", the towering Infernal shrugs, eliciting a clank from her armor.

"You are not Ascended, so you cannot be held to the same standard as either the Lezek or I,"

"Nor do you steal any glory from the Leketh by rightfully drawing your blade against this enemy. It is your battle, after all, in both name and spirit. Anything you deign to give her is yours and yours alone. She would be the blade wielded by your hand, severing the neck of Puddleglum's treasonous serpent,"

Ichabod

The ratkin listens tentatively.

"Morrikin, Colby," he listens to the Captain lat out her plans, "Do what you can to craft a method to dispel the noted magics of your peers. Stormlords may brush off the touch of Rion, but the rest of the crew would find it fatal. There is to be no sleep until you do, for you hold the lives of your crewmembers in your hands,"

No pressure then.

Out of habit, the ratkin pulls the hardwood chewblock out of his trouser pocket, to chew on as he thinks, sharp fangs gnawing rhythmically as he takes his leave to his workshop and forge, and sets about pacing for ideas.

He pulls his blueprints that he had so excitedly shown to Heresh and places them upon his desk to observe.

You'll have to wait...

But still, some minor changes and it'd still be workable. If haste is what was needed...

Back goes the chewblock. Rolled up go the sleeves.

Time to get to work.

L'ámnia Silverlight

She stood and nodded. "I need to think on this then. If you will all excuse me." She returned to her quarters and filled a purse with coin, then she returned above deck to find Urral.

She needed to think about this. Was she ready for such a test? There was a fight to be had and she wondered if she was ready, if she were capable. She had power, oh yes, she knew she did. Her family had assured that her bloodline was one of the best in all the Spires. But there was more to winning a fight that something as unimportant as that. There was strength, determination, and training.

She had determination, and she was gaining strength, maybe not the kind of overwhelming physical strength of other people, but there was physical strength and then there was emotional and mental strength. She was not the same person she had been when she fled Silverlight Spire so many months before. She was a stronger person now. What she lacked was the training.

Urral had everything she was lacking. She had the strength, determination, and the training. But it wasn't her fight, it wasn't her people on the line, it wasn't her right to rule that was being challenged. It's me and mine, she thought as she watched Urral and Heresh talk. It's my fight and I can't always let other people fight my fights because I am scared or I don't know how. Urral could easily win, especially if she had protections against Spire magic, but it wasn't her responsibility. "It's mine and mine alone."

She lifted a hand and looked at it. She had thought she'd shake in fear. And she was scared, by the Dragon, she was scared but she wouldn't show it, and she wouldn't let fear of a fight stop her from fighting. Something a little like insanity made her feel euphoria as she smiled madly. She would fight, oh yes, and she would win and by the four winds, she would destroy her enemies. And when she was done, her uncle would have nightmares about her for a change.

And so sat, patiently, waiting for Urral to finish her conversation with Heresh. There was much to do and she wanted to see if she couldn't buy a book or two on warfare and using her inborn talents.

• Heresh

"Honoured Ascendant, if one falls, this mortal return glorious panoply to bloodline."

She offers a sober stare.

"Now, that's not going to happen, but if it does I find myself wondering how to phrase it. 'Hello, I mucked about with your daughter's beautiful armour, but my changes didn't actually protect her, so I'm returning it. Yeah, sorry about that, whoops.'."

Being Heresh, she can't stay perfectly sober for too long.

"I hope you like static shock, solder, and tiny hammers!"

Before too long, Heresh has sloped off to her lair workshop in the hold of the ship, to make blueprints become reality.

She'll be available for nattering to just about anyone, mind, but they'll find her up to the elbows in Urral's armour, and shortly afterwards in applying similar modifications to her own.

Last edited:
Lezekim Urral
Presumably back on the ship
Unknowingly near the Silverlight

Watching Heresh dance off, Urral already having made sure that the needed parts of her armor were sent along with the Spireling for modification, she did something she didn't do often. Muttering in a low voice before turning away towards the nearest overlook. It felt like yet another thorn lodging itself into her soul, muttering was a sign of weakness, something she didn't condone. If it had to be said, then it could be said without fear. Urral wasn't afraid of the things she said, she never had been. Declarations, insults, ideas, curses, all said with the same level of confidence and Pride that was deserving of a Scion of the Undying Light. She was the Gift bestowed by the Pridefather on this mortal world, there would be no fear and no self doubt.

Then why did she have to mutter? Hiding words from Heresh was weak and a wash of shame struck her as she approached the nearest banister. Looking at nothing and everything as her eye cut a beam of light into the scene. What would her Family say if her arms were returned without a body? They'd probably reward Heresh and offer her a fiefdom for ridding themselves of a problem, a blemish on the golden heritage of Lezek and Leketh alike. Who had she been kidding? That she was an emissary on some sort of secret honor mission for the House? That she'd return home in full with a parade and a day of Triumph declared for the Floating Palace?

Her wings ruffle, turning harsh and glinting gold as Urral grips the banister with enough force to dig her hands into the wood. She was a fool and now she was in a corner, pressed against the chittering fear she felt since they'd landed on this heaven-damned spire. Lezekim Urral Leketh, First Daughter of the Right Macelord Serral Leketh and the Second Spearmaiden of the Pridefather, The Watcher of Pride, Champion of the Haunted Spire, Victor of the Hundred duels and Ascendant of Pride! It meant nothing, just titles and lies. A bearer of those titles and honorifics wouldn't be bristling with fear at the thought of a simple duel with a Rat or bemoaning her position within a House that didn't want her incestuous heritage sullying their modern Politics. Nor was she brave enough to condemn her soul back to Hell to face ridicule if she took her own life. She was weak and the fact that it took this long for her to realize the punchline of the cosmic joke that she was proved her point.

Urral tears the banister away, throwing it off and letting it fall where it may below as her wings flare out and cover her body. Falling to her knees, only the light of her remaining eye remaining to highlight golden tears. It was pathetic and she was afraid. She shouldn't be any of these things, not as what she was. Was it the mortal body she was in? Did she need to keep ascending to push more and more of what made her weak away? Was that the answer? It felt the more she managed to ascend, the more she touched with the Father, the weaker she became. She was not this way a year ago? She was confident and living in bliss. Her decisions were her own and she moved unimpeded by mortals. Now she sat, personifying her soul yet weeping over a duel with vermin. Nothing was in alignment within her anymore, everything was cloudy and confusing. The more she tried to simplify, the murkier things became.

She didn't know what to do and wished her mother still spoke to her.

Llorn Miles
Belowdecks

With his orders given and his plans working through his mind, Llorn returned to his cabin. He looked around him at the comfortable, if not plush, accommodations he had grown so accustomed to. With a sigh, he opened a small chest beside his bed and withdrew the threadbare garments he'd been wearing before. He'd kept them just in case things didn't pan out as well as they had. Simple, well-worn linen pants and shirt, a pair of down-at-heel boots, a hardy but aged jerkin. He swiftly stripped off his fine clothes and redressed in the more common garb, accenting it with a silk handkerchief that he worked into a gaudy but appropriate bandana, holding his long hair out of his face. A glance in the mirror told him there was more needed. He went to the cabin's window and threw it open and leaned out. He ran his hands across the hull of the ship, covering them with the grime and filth the ship had accumulated since the last big rainstorm. This done, he rubbed the dirt liberally on his arms and the exposed skin of his face and neck. Much better. He went over to his office desk and withdrew the bottle of rum he kept there for 'medicinal purposes' and took a deep swig. The heat of the drink burned his gullet and made him grin. Another swallow followed the first, then a third. He chuckled as the warm ball of rum settled in his belly and he returned the bottle to the desk.

He walked out the cabin and, as the whim took him, began singing a shanty he'd used to sing when he'd been aboard other vessels.
"Oh the times are hard and the wages low
A-me-lia where you bound to

The Shaydensea is my home
A - cross the Western Skies

The land of promise there you’ll see
A – me - lia where you bound to

I’m bound across the Western air
A - cross the Western Skies

I’ll take my way from LIvergard
A-me – lia where you bound to

In Livergard, that Ratkin school
A – cross the Western Skies

There’s Livergard Pat in a tarpaulin hat
A – me – lia where you bound to

And Yankee Jack, the packet Rat

Be - ware these packet ships I say,
A – me – lia where you bound to

They steal your stores and clothes away
"
Badly adapted from Across the Western Ocean:

So singing, he strolled on deck then down the gangplank into the crowds at the dockside.

Roland Macrus

I’m bound across the Western air
A - cross the Western Skies...

I’ll take my way from LIvergard
A-me – lia where you bound to...

Roland joined in, following Llorn down. For extra measure of disguise, he had stripped off the masterwork armor Colby had created for him and re-donned his old leather protection. And the regular shortsword in place of the mighty shock-sword. No bows - that might stand out a bit too much, even if mundane.

L'ámnia Silverlight

She had seen the two talk and then Heresh had disappeared and Urral had remained alone. L'ámnia just watched the towering Inferal for a bit then winced as Urral tore off the bannister. With a sigh, she rose with an elegant grace that was as much a part of who she was as much as it was training. She crossed over to her friend.

"Urral?"

She waited until the Infernal turned to her.

"I've been thinking and I've come to a determination. This dual between the rat prince is my fight and I must see it. It was wrong of me to ever ask you to take up your sword for me and and for my people. You and Lenore, and the others have been trying to help me understand that a leader does not lean on others to fight her wars and her battles, she fights them herself. But I was scared and I was afraid that I could get hurt if I fought him. I realize that it doesn't matter, if I do get hurt, then it's only because I am weak.

"What I'm saying is, I will take up the fight with this rat prince. If it is a fight he wants then he must learn that I am more than willing to take up my own standard and meet him in, what I am sure is not going to be honest combat. I am truly sorry if, by taking up the challenge myself I somehow take away some of your Pride, but I hope that you can understand that this is something that I have to do.

"If you are not too upset, I would be honored, however, if you would be my second."

Lezekim Urral

And just like that, she was out. What was this supposed to be? Some sort of trick by the Highfather to dishonor her? The pain and worry she held inside dropped away to reveal an unsure worry. Tentatively Urral pulls a wing back to stare at the Spireling. She seemed taller.

"You smell of Pride you know that?" Urral smirks, turning her head to wipe at her eye under the guise of stretching out. "Stealing my Glory you know, but I gladly accept the position as your second." Urral was still stunned, her words coming out at a base level as she dealt with this odd sense of detachment, like watching the color sink back into the world. L'amnia was either playing her right now or starting to show the true colors of a good ruler. Not knowing which, Urral chose to remain blissfully ignorant but with a sense of optimism.

Standing up she looks at the spot where the banister was. "How long have you been standing here?"

L'ámnia Silverlight

"You smell of Pride, you know that?" She blushed prettily at the compliment and lowered her lashes as Urral continued. "Stealing my Glory you know, but I gladly accept the position as your second." She looked up as Urral paused. "How long have you been standing here?"

Her lashes fluttered, an obvious indication she was thinking of a quick lie before she sighed and shook her head in self-reprobation. "A while," she said honestly. "But it was only when you broke the bannister that I actually paid you any attention." She paused and turned beet red. "I mean, oh dear, that came out wrong." She pinched her nose then held up both hands in apology and stood. "What I should say, rather, is that I came down here to wait for you. I saw you talking to Heresh so I just waited until your conversation was done. And then I just sat here thinking. I really wasn't so much as watching you as I was contemplating things."

She walked up to the Infernal's side and leaned over the unbroken bannister. "You have much to teach me, Urral. I know that we're not the friends you and Heresh are, and that's okay. But I do like to think we're friendly at least. I don't always understand you, but I respect that you have fears, foibles, and imperfections like the rest of us and sometimes those get in your way at inconvenient times. But one thing you never do is give up. You never give up, you never back down, and you don't run away just because you're scared. I like that about you."

She looked out over the Spire and quietly contemplated things. "How are you feeling to showing that rat bastard that we're not worried about his little fight tomorrow and do as the captain said and go forth and have fun? We'll be spied on, and our every word, gesture, movement, and action will be noted down and repeated in triplicate." She smiled up at Urral. "Let's spend money and buy useless things. People who expect to die don't spend money on things that aren't gifts. Let's make him worry about us."

Ichabod Colby - The Forge > The Mess Hall on board the Rose.

The Ratkin finally, finally makes an appearance. Having been confined to his forge to work feverishly on his commission.
He looks... drained.
His normally well groomed grey fur is a little tatty and frizzled. The wrinkles of his paws deeply ingrained with black soot and oil, only haphazardly dried for the moment. His work clothes stained and wrinkled. Pretty certain he had been sleeping in them.

He makes himself a cup of tea, with the languid deliberate slowness of someone not entirely lucid. Before slopping into a seat at the table. It was always a bit too high for him to rest his elbows on comfortably, so instead he sips from the mug on his lap. A deep, from-his-stomach sigh trailing through his nose, eyelids fluttering and he presses the domed ridge of his nose against the table's cool surface. Letting it's chill sooth the bridge and his eyes, still seeing flickering flames and sparks. Red hot under the lids.
For an age, it looks like he'd fallen asleep. Until he finally hauls himself upright, before stretching. pulling his shoulders and neck and back. Uncomfortable sounds ranging from clicking and popping to sonorous crunching.

He looks tired in his bones.

(HOLY SHIT DEM ROLLS YO)
Making three sets of this shit! Huuuurgh. Rolling all sets togther. My poor rat.
Set 1: Roland
Set 2: L'ámnia
Set 3: Llorn

Make Blueprints:

Intellect (4 +1 for Academics/Armsmaster) + Academics (4 )
Roll(5d12)+0: 2,4,10,3,7,+0 = 2 successes so +1 to all craft rolls.

Bronze Mountain Magic Attunement: Diff 10
Willpower (4) + Logos (4)
1.Roll(8d12)+0: 10,8,7,10,2,4,3,9,+0 = 2 successes
2.Roll(8d12)+0:9,3,6,5,3,11,7,12,+0 = 2 successes
3.Roll(8d12)+0:1,5,10,5,2,7,2,6,+0 = 1 success

Craft Rolls
Dex (4 +1 Blacksmith Knowledge, +1 blueprints, +2 Bronze Mountain Magic) + Craft (4)
1.Roll(8d12)+0: 12,11,1,1,2,4,12,4,+0 = 3 successes 2 rerolls.
Reroll 1 = Roll(1d12)+0: 2,+0.
Reroll 2 = Roll(1d12)+0:12,+0 (EDIT: WAT)
Reroll 3 = Roll(1d12)+0:5,+0
Total = 4 successes.

Dex (4 +1 Blacksmith Knowledge, +1 blueprints, +2 Bronze Mountain Magic) + Craft (4)
2. Roll(8d12)+0:3,4,2,7,7,4,8,10,+0 = 4 successes, no rerolls.
Total = 4 successes

Dex (4 +1 Blacksmith Knowledge, +1 blueprints, +1 Bronze Mountain Magic) + Craft (4)
3. Roll(7d12)+0: 1,5,3,3,12,12,6,+0 = 2 successes, 2 rerolls.
Reroll 1 = Roll(1d12)+0:6,+0
Reroll 2 = Roll(1d12)+0:7,+0
Total = 3 successes

So that comes down to: -
Set 1: Roland: - 4 Successes
Set 2: L'ámnia - 4 Successes
Set 3: Llorn - 3 Successes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back