Music Ever used music to help you write?

Yes, very much so.
I can use angry music to put anger into a character, somber music for more somber moments, etc.
Basically, it gives the writer an emotion, and then, if the writer wants to, the writer can then channel that emotion into the characters, the language, the tone, or a combination of those three elements.

Yeah! And sure we still have that feeling but it helps project it more and way better. Sorry everyone, apologies I was stuck in surgery most of the morning.

not for RPing, but when I have something serious to do, I listen to music related to the subject.
(e.g. Write about the best day of your life = happy music)

Yeah, occasionally i'll break out the old virtual mixtape, or listen to a few High Quality rips to get them creative juices flowing

Yeah I figured I wasn't the only one, well cause there was this one story on my fanfiction account, where this person got onto about using music and its like most of the stories I use to read before I was a writer involved music or some sort of tune just there to help. Weird.

I think it depends on the story, but something catchy like Caravan Palace has improved my writing quality and enjoyment.

Mostly just for inspiration, but when I'm actively sitting down to write I can't have it going. I just end up singing along and/or writing the lyrics haha.

I find that listening to song lyrics sometimes bring about ideas for stories and whatnot. The atmosphere and genre also helps in writing stories- i.e, listening to Electro Swing or Jazz when you want to write a smooth bar scene or whatnot. XD

Oddly enough, I tend to only listen to music when writing. I have different playlists on my youtube for each Character and Novel that I then organize by the moods the character or setting is in. My main go to channels are Jennyni20, equilanora, spaceuntravel, and EpicMusicWorld. There is no particular one group they have, it's a mixture of epic music which I feel is really emotional and just really brings out the best characters and settings and scenes for my writing. :)

Not with RPing, however I usually have something in the background if I'm working on essays, or stories.

I usually use something with a piano, and usually looped on repeat. At the minute, it's Rose's Theme.

I always listen to something while writing.

Like, really, always. To the point i don't think i can write if im not in the mood for listening to music, most of the time.

I will listen to music if I wanna write. usually creepy ambient sounds form dead space since that is mega helpful

I use music to brainstorm and jump start my creativity, but I can't concentrate on actually writing if I'm hearing words/lyrics.

Yes, most definitely!

Listening to music while I roleplay really brings everything out for me, to be honest. For example: If I am roleplaying in a fantasy setting playing as some holy character, I open my mind and listen to some good chanting music and put myself in the character's shoes. It brings everything out for me and it works all the time.

A whole lot , especially when it’s a very important post - and especially if I’m not entirely in the best writing mindset (during the day most of the time). I tend to theme it too , specific to either the character themselves (their personalities and general characteristics) or the situations they find themselves in. I’ve noticed that certain artists tend to , as a whole , fit certain characters rather well. It’d be interesting if I could/would create playlists for each character (both for their general characteristics and certain defining situations they find themselves in) and see how much one particular artist ends up on each specific character’s playlist. Although the idea of making a playlist for them kind of goes back to some of my older RPs where we all theorized about making a huge playlist for the entire RP , with themes for each specific character and major plot-thread. The RP more or less died before we got to that point , but nevertheless it had inspired my tendency to pick out songs for each character (sometimes other people’s characters too , though whether or not I simply keep that to myself depends on how well I know the player).

Yeah, mostly cinematic music, classical, and stuff like Two Steps from Hell.

For some reason the Avatar: The Last Airbender soundtrack gives me crazy inspiration. XD

It is certainly useful!
I am a great fan of using medieval, lute ballads when I am writing, it is simply so charming, if something is too complex then I do find it distracting on occasion but it assists in creating a small world, to picture the scene of your character in a tavern or even something less medieval. I also use non-English folk music so I don't focus on the lyrics too much, I find with traditional English songs I try and analyse the song subconsciously...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back