• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom  ❉」EUNOIA ⋮

The last thing Maddox expected to be doing in Beryl was shopping for ingredients. Baking poffins was a casual hobby of his, fueled by the excess berries his bushes produced. It was nice to have the treats for Ares and to sell at the farm's stand, but he hadn't anticipated his baking to be useful aside from that. Maddox felt both irritated and strangely pleased by the unexpected turn of events.

With his small cart filled with flour, eggs, local berries, and a handful of other ingredients, Maddox checked out and paid at the front. The cost of this little mission to clear out the Digletts was also unexpected. He brought some of his savings with him, but at the rate they were going it wouldn't last long. Maddox sighed at the thought and grabbed his grocery bags to head back to the train tracks. He hoped Phoebe found them a kitchen to use. They were already wasting time with all the shopping they needed to do.

By the time Maddox returned, their Pokémon had found the Digletts and left the tracker as instructed. He made sure to give Ares a few extra scratches under his chin. "Now that we know exactly where they are, we'll be able to place your poffins where they need to go," Phoebe began. "The local cafe agreed to let us use the kitchen. They're just as desperate to fix this situation. I think they're expecting a shipment soon." She sighed. "Follow me."

Maddox eyed the patches of earthy greens that surrounded the lab assistant when she spoke. They reminded him of the farm. He broke his concentration and followed after the woman.
“I bought melatonin supplements,”
Maddox said as they walked.
“Thought maybe we could pour in a coupla small doses into the poffin mix.”

"That's not a bad idea," Gage responded, scratching his chin in thought. "A small amount of melatonin would barely be noticeable but would make them drowsy enough to make things easier to manage once they eat them. Nice thinking, man."

His ears flushed red.
“Yeah. Right.”

At the restaurant, Maddox set down all the groceries and washed his hands.
“Wash yer hands, too,”
he said to Gage and Carter.
“One of ya crack me some eggs.”
It took him a few minutes to find his groove. He wasn't used to having an audience when he baked. Eventually, the routine took hold and Maddox felt himself relaxing as he moved from one thing to the next. It would take some time for the poffins to cook in the oven, but Maddox set himself up to work on a second and third batch to keep busy.

“Alright. Three dozen 'special' poffins.”
Maddox pulled out the last tray after a little over an hour of work.
“They need ta cool off, but they can do that in tha container,”
he said, setting the tray down.
“Sooner we get back, tha sooner we can get tha Digletts outta there.”

maddox

farm hand

gage, carter

♡coded by uxie♡

Elozonam Rosamel

mood.

flustered

outfit.

location.

library in beryl

As soon as they turned their backs from Rowan, he quickly dropped his smile. Who could've known that acting polite and giving him a phone number was enough for the librarian to surrender? Elozonam was embarrassed that he resorted to such tactics, but he knew that being blunt would only lead to further gatekeeping. Elo was not looking forward to leading Rowan on, however, so he couldn’t wait until he gets to block him once they find the journal.

He could only be irritated for so long before looking at Teagan. His childhood friend was basically sidelined by the librarian, though they seem to handle it better than he imagined. Still, he didn’t blame Teagan for making him be nicer to Rowan, since they had little hope to persuade him in a more conventional way. If anything, he was more mad at himself for nearly fumbling the mission.

Elozonam chuckled at the idea of using the situation as inspiration. He was honestly planning to write more poetic and whimsical novels, but he hadn’t written for so long that it was too ambitious to pull off. Maybe this could actually serve as a light warmup. "For a romantic comedy? Maybe. I wonder how long it’ll take for Rowan to find out he was my muse... if he’s okay with being a jester." He reached for the handle, ready to pick up Tilak and Virtu from outside the building.

"I only went along with it for you and the Harvest Sprites," he said. "This journal might be our biggest lead to finding the gem and waking Ginger up after so many years. It'd be awful if we couldn’t save the Goddess just because I don’t reciprocate his feelings."

Elozonam was about to completely push the door open until he peaked at the figure right in front of them. He immediately clutched the edge before it bumped on them, with Morgo yelping in fear. So much for the library calming her down.

"Please forgive me, you almost got hurt because of my careless-"

Elozonam paused upon taking a better look at the person he (almost) hit, a young woman with long white hair and blue eyes. He didn’t remember seeing her anywhere, though she might’ve lived in a city far off from Windermere. But he couldn’t help but feel a certain “sensation” from her, something akin to the magic that helped him find the Harvest Goddess’ pond.

“… are you looking for something, by any chance?”

curator

♡coded by uxie♡

Dr. Cosima

Mood:

d y i n g

forest, beryl city

Outfit:

Oh my fucking god. I want to die.

Genevieve held back the bile wanting to projectile from her mouth. The ride was bumpy. Such an unfortunate, miserable life you've lead, and you're all but rewarded by being kidnapped by an Ursaring. Who you helped. She groaned and shut her eyes even tighter. She knew the two girls with pink hair were chasing after them, but did they have the athletic prowess to keep up? The consideration for the poor doctor? She noticed that familiar dreary ball of teal and violet floating about with the two girls. Her arm swung comically to smack the shit out of MeiMei, but she missed. Always. And MeiMei screeched in laughter.

It was then that she was gently lowered after that nausea-inducing ride. Dr. Cosima dropped to her knees and slapped a hand over her mouth. Her tired eyes bulged. She held it down, as she knew the two girls approached breathlessly. Even in her sickness, she tilted her head up to catch a sight of that particularly tall and fuller-figured one. With the shorter hair. Catching her breath. She noticed more the other one too, who stood tall and reassured despite her exhaustion. The sharp lines of her face were intriguing. At a time like this, she craved a drink to give her courage. Then again, at a time like this, she craved understanding of her unlucky circumstance. Genevieve shakily stood and took a deep breath, the nausea dissipating and being replaced by a sharp, angry headache. All she could catch from the bustier one --

"Are you alright? That had to be a bumpy ride."

Dr. Cosima massaged her temples.

"Was a first for me," she muttered and finally looked to the big bear.

The Ursaring huffs and scratches his head in thought. After a few moments, he points his paw at Genevieve and then to her Pokémon. He does the same to Kaia and hers, and then Shinya. Finally, he points at himself and whines.

Ursaring turns around to face the impasse and softly roars. It does not seem like he knows where to go.

MeiMei was fucking around as always, floating about and screeching. She paid no mind to the situation and only absorbed its chaos for her sick little amusement.

The gestures of the bear were interesting though. Domestic. Oh. I'm an idiot, she thought.

"I suppose he is looking for his trainer. They must be around here somewhere," Genevieve deduced after a few seconds and looked at the impasse the bear pointed at.
"Surely you both can walk a bit further?" Genevieve asked with a polite lilt to her voice. She adjusted her coat and walked into a direction she believed the trainer to be.

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

Mood
exhausted yet curious

Outfit
click me!

Tag
Elozonam tsurene tsurene ✧ Teagan Skryeb Skryeb

saori nakahara.

Saori was exhausted, and quite frankly wasn’t all too amused about having to get up from the most comfortable bed she’s ever slept in. The white haired woman had just recently arrived in the region of Eunoia having traveled from her home region of Hoenn. The trip itself was tiring, but Saori could put herself to blame for that. She had wanted to arrive in the new region as soon as possible excited to take in the sights of the towns, which led to her not taking any time to even take a short nap. Saori definitely had run on pure adrenaline for the majority of the trip. Though, once she had arrived to where she wanted to go, she passed out on the bed. Not before she dumped her belongings onto the floor, whilst letting her team out so they were able to stretch, and walk around the room.

This proved a bit difficult for her Flygon, named Valerian, the poor thing a little too big for the room that Saori was staying in, not that Saori had noticed having been asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Though her other two Pokemon, Longshot the Decidueye, and Celeste the Gardevoir had stood in the corner giggling to themselves, laughing at the misfortunes of their dragon friend.

As this was going on, Saori was in a deep slumber, she rarely ever had dreams but this night she did. It was quite strange really, a woman, who referred to herself as the Harvest Goddess was pleading with her, and before Saori could even say a word she had woken up, sweat clinging to her clothes and her Pokemon’s worried faces looking down at her. She reassured her team that she was alright and had sent them to their pokeballs so she could freshen up and get ready and go eat breakfast and maybe explore a few of the routes. For some reason, Saori couldn’t get the woman out of her head throughout the rest of her day, having felt a strange sensation wash over her as if she knew who that woman was, but couldn’t quite put a pin on who exactly she was. Saori felt a sort of obligation to find this woman, whoever she was. Though she didn’t know where to even start, though that never stopped Saori before.

The next afternoon Saori had debated for a long while on where to go, having looked at the map she was carrying around, of Eunoia. Though she looked at each of the towns, she felt her eyes linger on one, Beryl, and there it was again, the strange sensation she felt the previous day, like she was being tug. Saori contemplated for a bit going over all of her options (there wasn’t any other to begin with), and so she decided to go to Beryl having learned of a library being there, and perhaps she might even find a book about the woman in her dreams (if she was even real).

Having left early she arrived at Beryl when the sun was still out, and there were many people going about their business. Saori had quickly located the location of the library, having seen the building upon entering the town. She walked carefully towards the building not wanting to bump into anyone along the way, smiling at those who made eye contact with her, though the only thing on Saori’s mind was to find this so-called Goddess. She walks up to the door of the library, and reaches her hand out to the handle to open the door, but pauses when she hears voices on the other side. The voices mention the Harvest Goddess, and someone that Saori hadn’t heard of, Ginger, was it? Before Saori could form another thought, the door swung open nearly taking her out of commission. “Please forgive me, you almost got hurt because of my careless-”

Saori had placed her hands back down from her defensive position looking at who had spoken, they had cut themselves off, a male, his hair a rose gold hue, and another person with brown hair. Saori felt a wave of recognition wash over her, but she swore she never met these two before in her life, right? She would definitely remember if she did. The rose gold haired male spoke again, “... are you perhaps looking for something, by any chance?” Saori stood there for a second, recalling the conversation she overheard. They had mentioned the Harvest Goddess, so they had to know something, even if it was a tiny piece of information, perhaps they even had a similar dream if they knew who she was. She had to at least try, it wouldn’t hurt to. Doesn’t matter if what she was about to say made her look crazy.

“Uhm, yes actually.” Saori pauses, twiddling her thumbs, “I might sound a bit insane, but I actually dreamt of who you were talking about earlier, the Harvest Goddess? I think that is what she goes by, I’m not entirely sure anymore. For some reason, I was drawn to this town, not sure why, but it just felt right to come here, I just wanted to figure out why I was drawn to the Goddess and to here.”, Saori blurts out all in one breath, and Saori swears she feels a little bit lightheaded now. “Also, I wasn’t trying to eavesdrop on your conversation either, I promise.”, Saori adds.

scroll

ranger

GAGE

mood

energized

outfit

broken link

cavern entrance

interactions

phoebe, maddox, carter

With their plan set in place, Maddox was off to the local grocer leaving Gage and Carter left to pick up the Pokeballs and other supplies they might need from the Beryl PokeMart. He wasn’t necessarily a fan of forcing Pokemon into Pokeballs unless it was by their own accord - similar to two of his own Pokemon - but he also knew that sometimes desperate times called for desperate measures and there was no telling what might happen once the entire group of Digletts emerged from underground.

The Pokeballs cut into the chunk of money he had saved up recently, but expenses were usually easy to avoid in his case - he wasn’t too worried since most of the time he found himself lodging in the wild rather than in a hotel. Carter and Maddox also contributed a portion of their own earnings to buy the supplies, the former striking up a conversation once it was finally time to pay as she attempted to distract herself from the unplanned spending they had come across.

"I studied Poke-Medicine but found clinical work to be kind of boring. Part of the reason I moved to Eunoia was to start a rehabilitation clinic, but it's a work in progress." Gage could feel his eyes grow wide with interest as he listened, stuffing the Pokeballs he purchased into his bag as the cogs in his head started to turn.
”Whoa, that’s awesome! That’s such a cool goal - and I totally get finding certain aspects of things a little boring and carving out your own path,”
he offered with a cheesy thumbs up, zipping up his bag and tossing it over his shoulder.

Fortunately by the time they arrived back, Phoebe had informed them that a nearby restaurant would be loaning them their kitchen to bake the poffins once Maddox returned with the ingredients. Easy enough - it all seemed like a fool proof plan.

”Rangers tend to be handy, don’t they? You wouldn’t know how to replace rotting floorboards would you?” A look of surprise crossed Gage’s face at the question, followed by a slow forming and sincere smile as it dawned on him what was going on - was she potentially asking for his assistance with something? Most of the time people thought he was a bit of an oddball, it was usually Pokemon that he spent time with and helped out in the wild - not that he was complaining, he usually found them to be easier to communicate over people anyway.
”Floorboards? Yeah, that should be pretty easy! There was an old rotting temple I helped refurbish recently since it had become inhabited by Pokemon and if it collapsed they’d lose their entire home. I’m pretty sure I could work some magic on some floors,”
he offered in return, Maddox returning from his venture to the grocer shortly after.

Without wasting any time, Phoebe led them directly to the cafe where they’d spend their time baking the poffins under Maddox’s instruction. He informed them of his plan to add some small doses of melatonin to each one, a plan that Gage firmly agreed with and gave him some props for the smart thinking. After all, a mellow Pokemon was a lot harder to manage - especially when there was liable to be dozens of them panicking once they all emerge from underground.

Maddox took charge once they had made it to the kitchen, laying out all the groceries while instructing him and Carter to wash their hands - which they obliged without question. Gage himself took up cracking the eggs, dropping the yolks into the mix when requested by their head chef until each portion of batter was mixed one by one and set into the oven to be cooked. Gage found it interesting to watch Maddox fall into a groove, the seemingly more spitfire personality of the group relaxing a bit as he took control of the kitchen and guided them all with ease.

”Alright. Three dozen ‘special’ poffins. They need ta cool off, but they can do that in tha container. Sooner we get back, tha sooner we can get tha Digletts outta there.” Gage gave him a nod and a firm pat on the back, broad smile on his face as he looked over at the cooling poffins.
”These things smell amazing, you’re a natural! If they weren’t for the Digletts and wouldn’t make me wanna pass out asleep I’d probably swipe a few for myself and my Pokemon!”
He leaned over the cooling batch to breathe in a whiff of the freshly baked aroma.
”You’re a natural by the way - I haven’t been in many kitchens, but you’re one hell of a leader. Impressive stuff,”
he offered again, giving another firm pat on the back as they started to clean up the kitchen so the cafe staff could return to a clean place of work.

After the poffins had cooled they made their way out of the cafe with their supplies, following Phoebe with the tracker to a location not far from where the Diglett were hiding out. There was another opening in the ground making it an easy location for them to place the poffins - plus there was the cover of trees right at the edge of the forest, meaning the Digletts would feel more comfortable coming out in the shade.
”This spot is perfect! They’ll love it - shady, away from all the noise, and plenty of poffins to go around - plus, I’ve got an idea!”
He pulled out a Pokeball as the others started to set up the poffins around the entrance, releasing his Farfetch’d and giving her a pat on the head.

”This is Zephyr - she’s a little more reserved that Domino and likes to spend time resting in her Pokeball, but she’s always ready to help when the time comes. Think you can help us get the scent of these poffins through that little cavern?”
Zephyr gave an excited noise back in return, heading toward the poffins once they were all arranged and gently flapping her wings, creating a gust just strong enough to carry the scent through the air and down the cavern straight to where the Digletts were hiding out. Meanwhile Gage made his way back to Carter, Maddox, and Phoebe as he pulled out the Pokeballs he bought. It wasn’t as many as the others - 5 for him, 7 for Carter, and a whopping 10 for Maddox, but at least he was still able to contribute as they started preparing their Pokeballs for catching them.

”I normally don’t like forcing Pokemon into Pokeballs if they don’t like it, but sometimes it’s for the best - and if all of these Diglett start showing up and eating these poffins while we’re out here, they’re liable to start feeding off of each other’s anxiety and taking off before we have a chance to figure out what’s going on. If we can get them down to just one or a small handful they’ll be a lot easier to work with, then we can release them back out once everything is taken care of.”

With the plan set in place they took their positions and it wasn’t long before the Diglett started to emerge. One by one they poked their heads up from the ground, popping up in front of each poffin as they nibbled on the sweet treats. Once is was clear that the melatonin was starting to take its effect they stepped forward, Gage throwing out the first of his Pokeballs to catch one of the little guys with ease - and a second. He wasn’t quite sure if they’d have enough Pokeballs, since there were a good many Diglett, but it would definitely help bring down their numbers to a manageable amount at the very least.

♡coded by uxie♡

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

"Oh well gee, sorry for not being a mind reader!" Shinya huffed as she pulled a water bottle from her bag.

Whether deliberate or not, she seemed to be ignorant to the Pokemon's attempts to guide them; she operated on instinct alone, only paying attention to the Pokemon once it was clear that the Ursaring had nowhere to else to turn.

As insensitive as it was, it hadn't occurred to her that the bear might have belonged to someone else or that it had contact with humans at all. Typically, domesticated Pokemon were well trained (if not bonded) enough to stay with their partners, but she should have known better. Well technically, whoever tamed this Ursaring should have trained them better.

"Okay," she sighed, putting her hands up, "let's go find your trainer."

Seemingly satisfied with Shinya's compliance, the Ursaring followed behind the trio. Cinder as well, seemed happy to converse with the bear, although his trainer had no clue what the two could possibly have in common.

Eventually, a clear "Paddington?" could be heard, prompting the Ursaring to push past them and bolt towards its trainer. Shinya glanced over at the other two, doing her best not to keep up with the group.

"Oh, Paddington! Where did you run off to! You know your sense of direction is awful..." An elderly individual exclaimed, hugging the Ursaring.

Paddington? What kind of name was that? Shinya thought, glancing back at Cinder whose name was the pinnacle of creativity.

"Goddess, you three nearly gave me a fright! Did you help my Ursaring find his way? Honestly, I'm not sure he has any sense of smell left. How else could he get lost so easily? Never mind that, I should be thanking you!"

"Uh, I mean yeah! No problem!" Shinya said, finally taking a good look at them. Though their features weren't particularly special, something did stick out. She narrowed her eyes at the lab coat, scanning for any other smart person features.

"You're Professor Thorne aren't you? Because I-we have been trying to find you for the past thirty minutes; and let me tell you, your Ursaring is fast."

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

Carter

• he

/*right side (scroll)*/

While baking wasn’t something she did in her free time. Or something she was good at. Unless you wanted a treat that somehow tasted too sweet, salty, and unexpectedly bland. From the smell alone, Carter could tell Maddox’s baking was far above the quality of her own. Just the aroma was enough to make her mouth water.

The smell of freshly cooked poffins filled the Cafe’s kitchen, causing Carter’s stomach to rumble in hunger. They had missed lunchtime, and she could hardly eat at breakfast, with the anticipation of the day lingering in her mind. Next time, she would have to pack a snack of some sort.

“These things smell amazing, you’re a natural! If they weren’t for the Digletts and wouldn’t make me wanna pass out asleep I’d probably swipe a few for myself and my Pokemon!” Gage said with Carter nodding in agreement.

If they worked well with sedating the Digletts, she may have to reach out to Maddox about being her poffins supplier. The treats would be useful for calming and rewarding the Pokemon in her care.

Carter made a mental note to herself that once she got back home, she’d have to reach out to Gage and Maddox about her floorboards and acquiring a personal batch of poffins, respectively.

"I could just be starving, but I'm half tempted to eat one myself... Once all this is over, let's stop for food." Carter said.

Following Phoebe, the trio reached the spot to catch the Digletts and wasted no time in setting up. Gage introduced Zephyr, a Farfetch’d of his. The flying-type Pokemon seemed excited to help, causing Carter to smile. It was always a funny phenomenon for her, when pokémon often shared similarities with their owners. So far, all of Gage’s pokemon showed a strong sense of wanting to help. While, Maddox and his Typholosion gave off the same sort of vibes as each other.

Reaching down to her own Pokemon. She pets the silky coat of Nesea, only to have the Espeon nip her fingers with an affronted look. Ah, she thought, seems that Nesea had enough of being amicable for the day. Her more temperamental nature shining through as she became bored with the situation. For a moment, Carter thought back to the life she left behind. With a sigh, she stood. Even if she wouldn’t admit it, she and Nesea were a part of the phenomenon as well.

”I normally don’t like forcing Pokemon into Pokeballs if they don’t like it, but sometimes it’s for the best - and if all of these Diglett start showing up and eating these poffins while we’re out here, they’re liable to start feeding off of each other’s anxiety and taking off before we have a chance to figure out what’s going on. If we can get them down to just one or a small handful they’ll be a lot easier to work with, then we can release them back out once everything is taken care of.”

"I agree. We should also keep an eye out and make sure none of them appear injured or sick. Herd-type Pokemon can get pretty bent out of shape if even just a few are injured. While I doubt it’s the reason for all this devastation, it could be a factor.”

Carter watched as the Digletts happily munched on the poffins, her heart squeezing in affection at the sight.

"Would it be bad if I kept one?” she asked her companions, suppressing the urge to aww and coo as the Digletts began to fall asleep.

She followed after Gage, readying her Pokeball, and catching her first Diglett. Seven Pokeballs hardly seemed like enough now that she was actively here, but she would have to make do with what she had.

original theme: roald theme
coded by weldherwings.

Teagan.

• mood

Socially Awkward

Teagan felt a bit better after getting a chance to briefly speak with Elozonam, feeling the tension lift off their shoulders knowing that he wasn’t offended by what they had asked him to do. While it hadn’t been an ideal outcome for Elo, they had gotten the information necessary to be able to complete the next step in their plan to hopefully get some useful information to help them with the Harvest sprites. “I’d love to read a romantic comedy written by you,” they laughed as Elo moved to push the door open. Too late, Teagan caught a glimpse of someone on the other side, too slow to warn Elo, but thankfully he was able to stop the door before it completely hit the girl entering the library.

With a slight shuffle of bodies, the door was able to be fully opened and Teagan paused as they were able to fully see the girl now, feeling a sense of recognition wash over them as Elo apologized for almost hitting her with the door. The feeling held a tinge of the sensation they’d felt during their dream, the influence of the Goddesses power, something that Teagan was acutely aware of now that they had felt it. Whoever this girl was, though she hadn’t been at the spring with them, she was tied to their current adventure in some way.

Their thoughts were confirmed as the girl spoke to them about her dream, explaining her visions of the Goddess and admitting to having overheard them speaking about her and the Harvest sprites. Teagan brightened up, glad to have another join them after they’d lost some of the other dreamers as they were calling themselves, but held back as someone cleared their throat, watching them all with an unamused look while trying to get into the library. “Oh, uh, pardon us,” they said quickly before guiding everyone away from the door and towards some benches that were spread out next to some flower boxes in front of the library.

Teagan leaned against the planter box, giving the girl a small smile, “I’m Teagan by the way,” they said introducing themself, “And it sounds like you experienced something similar to us.”

The girl looks over at them and nods her head in understanding. "Nice to meet you, Teagan! And please excuse me for being rude, I didn't introduce myself, my name is Saori.", she says as she greets the two of them. Saori crosses both of her arms and tilts her head in confusion, "And if you don't mind me asking, what happened to you two then?"

Prompted by her question, Teagan started to explain their own experience, starting from their dream and meeting everyone, to their trip to Beryl and what brought them to the library. “The others are out trying to gather more information as well. Elo and I just got our first lead towards a journal that may prove to be useful.” They looked over at Elo before looking back at Saori, “If you want, I know it’s a lot to be called upon by a higher power and all but… You’re free to join us. Get a feel of the group and help save a powerful symbol of hope? You know, just normal stuff.” Their voice held a slightly teasing tone, understanding that the entire situation was a lot to take in and trying to keep it light hearted.

Serotonin

girl in red

♡coded by uxie♡

One by one, the Digletts and Dugtrios were lured out by the smell of poffins. Even Ares found it difficult to resist stealing one away for himself. Maddox reminded him that the poffins were not normal, and that eating one would knock the Typhlosion out for at least the next hour. More and more of the Pokémon began to appear, some of them sharing the poffins rather than going in search of one for themselves. Even better for them, as there were only so many poffins Maddox could make in such a short amount of time.

The ground-type Pokémon began to eat slower, their eyes growing heavy. Maddox slipped his hand into his backpack and pulled out his first Poké Ball. He never caught wild Pokémon for himself, but sometimes they snuck onto the farm and he was forced to remove them. Catching the sleeping Digletts and Dugtrios would be easy. Maddox threw his first ball, and then quickly followed up with his second. He jogged over to swipe the captured Pokémon and tuck them away. The last thing he wanted was for them to get stuck in the tunnels.

Ares eagerly followed after him, poking his head into the holes the Digletts left behind. The process was quick and smooth. Maddox captured eight Pokémon in total, while Gage and Carter caught twelve between the two of them. There were undoubtedly more than twenty Digletts and Dugtrios underground, but it was a good start. He could bake more poffins for Phoebe later. Maddox stashed all the Poké Balls away in his backpack while Ares played with something he must have found underground. He decided to let his Typhlosion have his fun.

“That ain't gonna be all of them, but it's a good start,”
Maddox said with a sigh.
“Where do ya want all of these ta go?”

Phoebe answered, "We'll take them back to the lab for now. I managed to coordinate with a few of the local bakers to work on more poffins. Now that I know the melatonin supplements worked, we can add that in." She seemed relieved. "This is a such a great step in the right direction. Thank you guys for helping out."

maddox

farm hand

♡coded by uxie♡

kaia keahi

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

hers

what once was

Paddington? How adorable!

Rey seemed to share Kaia's sentiment, chirping with glee at the sight of Paddington reuniting with his trainer. She smiled at the pair, listening to the eccentric old Professor and Shinya.

Kaia knew that the group was looking for someone, but she wasn't sure who. After all, that was all up to Shinya and the others. Well, up until she passed the screaming pair of trainers leaving the forest. They must know more about the Goddess. And therefore, the gems. At least, she hoped they did.

"I am Professor Thorne, yes. How can I help you three?"

Kaia thought for a moment, unsure of where to start. Should she tell them the story from the beginning? How they all had a strange dream that sent them into the forests of Windermere and straight to The Goddess' Shrine? Or of the Witch? Green eyes glanced to Shinya, before looking back towards the elderly gentleman,

"It's a long story, but... my friend and I were, um.."
She paused, looking to Shinya before muttering,
"Where do I even start?"
With a sigh, she looked back over to Professor Thorne, who had to be confused already.
"This is going to sound a bit... outlandish... but. me and my friend here were called to aid The Goddess through a dream."

Kaia looked over at the doctor, wondering if this poor woman would also think she and Shinya were a couple of wackjobs,
"We were guided to her Shrine, which was in disrepair. And then this uh, really beautiful and kind of intimidating Witch appeared..."
Her cheeks reddened at the memory of the Witch, as she continued,
"...told us that Eunoia's magic is dying, and so is the Goddess. And that the only way to stop it is to help find her friend, Celebi."
As she spoke, she realized a lot of information has been thrown at the group in such a small time. Would Kaia be able to keep up?

"However,"
She huffed,
"The only way to find Celebi is to awaken the Harvest Sprites, who are in a deep slumber in an attempt to keep the land's magic alive for a little bit longer. And the only way to awaken them, is to find their respective gems. One Harvest Sprite is named Ginger, and it is said her respective gem resides in Beryl City."
At this point, her voice had quickened, caught up in the task of trying to recount the Witch's extensive explanation.

Professor Thorne listens in alarm, their face grim. "I knew that Celebi had not been seen for many years, but now the Goddess... What a shame." Paddington appears equally saddened by the news. "Perhaps that's why the wild Pokémon have been so restless these last couple of days. The Goddess' magic affects them, too."

They pause, tapping their index finger. "Ginger... Why does that name sound familiar to me?" The professor perks up. "One of my neighbors! When I was young, she used to babysit me. Told me stories about a little creature she met named Ginger. Not a Pokémon, but something magical. Nobody ever believed her." Professor Thorne frowns in thought. "She still lives in town, but... she's nearing the end of her days. Not always quite there in the head. I have a feeling she would love to help you, but I can't say for certain if she'll remember."

Green eyes lit up at the opportunity, thankful that she was actually getting somewhere, and that Professor Thorne didn't simply scream and run away with Paddington. In fact, they seemed to care deeply for The Goddess. It made Kaia feel a slight pang of guilt for not knowing of the dying Goddess before that fateful night.

At his mentioning of the elderly woman, Kaia couldn't help but smile, remembering all the elderly people she helped during her lessons at the hotel.
"Ah, well, sometimes people can surprise you! We'd love to meet her, if you don't mind pointing us in the right direction. The worst thing we could do is not try at all."
Kaia thought for a moment, before backtracking,
"Or maybe you would want to come with us? I know we're strangers and all..."

Professor Thorne was quick with their response, "I'll go with you, I think that would be best." Well, not much else left to do now but to follow the Professor out of the woods, alongside Paddington and rest of the group's Pokemon. For a moment, she nearly forgot that this poor stranger had no part in this, which prompted her to turn to the tired-looking woman,

"Oh, were you joining us? I'm sure we could use all the help we could get. What d'you think, Shinya?"
She looked at the other pink haired woman, wondering if the trainer would even care about the brunette tagging along.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

ranger

GAGE

mood

energized

outfit

broken link

pokemon lab

interactions

phoebe, maddox, carter

It took a bit of effort, but once they had used up just about all of their Pokeballs combined the group stepped back, allowing Gage a few moments to clap the dust off his hands that had collected from scooping the pokeballs back up out of the loose soil.
”It’s a start - just wish we could’ve helped solve the root of the problem, but with awesome folks like you in town these guys are in good hands,”
he offered in response to Phoebe after they had thanked them for their efforts in helping with their Diglett ordeal.

The trip back to the lab seemed to take longer than the trip out to the tracks, but it was probably just the exhaustion kicking in after the day had seemed to drag on for a while now and they had put in large amounts of elbow grease baking poffins and catching Diglett. Phoebe didn’t miss a beat, however, helping them store the filled Pokeballs away before going back to the root of the reason why they were there in the first place.

”So the Harvest Goddess… I didn’t have much time to process what you all told me earlier with that earthquake, but now I can’t help but think about it. I don’t suspect this whole… journey of yours will be an easy one.” Gage nodded along, looking over at his two companions to see their reactions as well. ”Thank you for being willing to help, though. I can see why the Goddess chose you three! I know the Professor isn’t here, but they would feel the same. We’ll do anything we can to help you guys.”

Gage lifted his hands in slight protest, giving a sincere smile before gesturing to Carter and Maddox.
”It was mostly these two! They came up with a great plan and executed it. Regardless of how difficult a journey it may be, I feel confident heading to our next destination with these two at my side.”
He gave them a firm thumbs up, trying his best to make friends without seeming too corny. Pokemon were always a bit more forgiving than the judgment of humans when it came to his overly eager personality - honestly interacting with the group this long was a bit intimidating.

Phoebe continued on as he mentioned their next destination, folding their arms as they explained. ”Unfortunately, it will probably take a couple of days for the train tracks to be prepared. If your group is looking to head into Ashborne after this, you’ll have to wait a bit. I can help you all find accommodations, though! It’s much too cold to camp outside right now.”

”Not if you’ve got an insulated tent and sleeping bag,”
he retorted with a playful grin, tugging at the straps on his backpack. He couldn’t remember the last time he had actually slept in a real bed - much less in the presence of other people. Usually it was just him and Domino tucked away in a sleeping bag in a tent - or that one rock hard mattress at the hostel he had stayed at before.
”We’d greatly appreciate the lodging though for sure - you can take care of these guys first, if push comes to shove I’ve got my tent and I’m used to sleeping out in it anyway. After all, we’ve got a big group.”

He paused for a moment, his eyes wandering back over to the shelves of Pokeballs filled with Diglett.
”I’d love to hear an update at some point on what was causing the issue for these little guys. You know, just in case we’re gone by the time it’s solved. I can try to reach out - plus if you need some help relocating, I might be able to get ahold of some other rangers in the area. They’re always ready to lend a hand.”
He glanced back over at Maddox, giving him a firm but friendly pat on the back.
”And you have to teach me how to make poffins like that! Those things smelled amazing, it was everything me and my Pokemon could do not to take one for ourselves. You saved the whole day, man!”

There was only a slight pause before he turned back to Phoebe again.
”If push comes to shove, you can probably find some protected land for these guys if they have to be relocated. There are some ranger stations equipped with some protected land - hoping to do that myself one day, but I’m sure these little guys would be more than welcome. Speaking of which…”
He turned to Carter, lifting a brow curiously.
”Do you think you’re gonna take one? I mean they were asleep, but they looked like they enjoyed being in your company before they were lights out.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Elozonam Rosamel

mood.

relieved -> stern -> defeated

outfit.

location.

library in beryl

Elozonam was shocked to find out the woman in front of him was a dreamer, too. He initially thought the people who came to the Goddess Springs would be the only ones who knew of Eunoia's impending doom. Then again, their group had started dwindling ever since they travelled to Beryl City, so maybe the Goddess was trying to invite more people to make up for it. He was still on the fence about the fact that only three Eunoians were tasked to saving their homeland, but at the end of the day, it was the Harvest Goddess' choiceto decide who's worth.

After the trio quickly moved out of the entrance, they continued their discussions at the nearby flower boxes. Teagan and the white-haired woman, whose name was Saori, introduced themselves to each other, and his friend managed to give out his nickname during their recap. Unlike the rest of the group, who at least got a day to prepare themselves on their journey, Saori would be jumping into this mission from the get go. Though having her tag along was ideal, he was worried about how lightheaded she was. It'd be best not to give Saori any taxing jobs until she managed to rest well.

“Once our tasks are done, we can introduce you to the rest of the group, if you'd like. That way you can feel more comfortable. Some of their Pokemon are out like Morgo, Aelius, and Amaris over here, so it’s a good opportunity for your companion to be familiar with them as well.”

Speaking of Pokemon, where’s Tilak and Virtu? He thought that they would be near the library, but it looked like they ran off without his permission. Elozonam quickly scanned his surroundings, hoping none of them caused any havoc to the city, until he noticed a group of children looking above a tree. There, that little pink goblin was swinging on its branch, cackling as the Haxorus attempted to climb up the tree herself to reach him.

“…Please wait here. I need to go pick up something.”

....................................​

The house was way closer than Elozonam expected. Considering how long it took for the library to take action, he thought that there must be something wrong with the house for the staff to be intimidated. There weren't any Travenants circling the place, nor were there Bug-type Pokemon scattering around. It was a plain house, with a small front lawn, picket fences, and a "BEWARE THE ROCKRUFF" sign at the front... okay, maybe one of the library staff was too scared of canines, but it still didn't excuse how the household managed to get away with stealing. Surely they were already warned about this, right?

The group rings the doorbell. A few seconds later, they hear the familiar bark of a Rockruff alongside feet running down the stairs. The door swings open shortly after. A boy, approximately ten or eleven years old, stares up at them.

"What the heck do you guys want? I ain't got any money!"

"Good day to you too, mister. Someone here forgot to return their book,” Elozonam said with a gentle but firm tone, waving the address slip like a teacher passing out graded papers. "Now, I know you’re just a kid, but this library runs on borrowed books, not empty pockets. We just need you to bring it back, and we'll leave you alone. Sound fair?"

The boy frowned. "I don't know what the heck you're talking about, mister," he mocked. "And if you ask me, the library runs on stolen books! Not borrowed! STOLEN! Now, go away!!"

"And what makes you say that?" Elozonam snapped back, trying his best to keep the door open. "This journal, the one with the Harvest Sprite, went missing for several months now! Even if that book was yours... or anyone in your family, shouldn't you tell the library?"

"I did!" He stated matter-of-factly. "Who even are you! The library police?! That's my nana's journal! My dumb dad donated it and the library didn't care, so I took back what's hers! You gonna arrest me? I don't think so! I'll make my Rockruff bite you first!"

Elozonam was taken aback, not at being threatened, but at the fact that the original author was still alive. As a curator, he already felt guilt about not being able to return some of the artifacts in the museum. But now that he was confronted with a living person who experienced having a valuable heirloom stolen, he couldn't help but feel somewhat empathetic for the child. Still, it was his father's choice to donate it, and unless his nanna didn't consent to it, it'll be extremely difficult to take the journal back. And who knew what would happen to the boy if the library staff found out he commited thievery.

"Look, no one wants you to get arrested over this, nor do they want Rockruff to get hurt. But your father is going to be really mad if he finds a ₽100,000 bill in his mailbox." That was an exaggeration, but he wouldn't be surprised if that was the overdue fee if the library was more strict.

"Why don't we talk to your father about this? Since he's the one who donated your nana's journal, maybe the library will be more understanding once they hear form him." He grimaced at what he was about to say next. "I might even try to convince the librarian to let your family keep it."

The boy sneered. "I don't care! He's not here! Duh! That's why I'm answering the door! It's just me and my nana right now!" He reached for the door. "Bye!"

As soon as the door slammed in the trio's faces, Elozonam pinched the bridge of his nose in disappointment. What kind of aspiring children's novelist can't even speak to his target audience? He hoped there would be a way to negotiate the journal's ownership without breaking another law, but it looked like the boy wasn't afraid to fight for his grandmother. After he slightly calmed down, Elozonam turned to Teagan and Saori, pursing his lips.

"Well... this is going to take longer than expected," he sighed. "I should've known about his family before making any assumptions... but at least we have a primary source to finding Ginger. The real question is whether or not his nanna will help us after I angered her grandson."

curator

♡coded by uxie♡

Dr. Cosima

Mood:

intrigued

beryl city

Outfit:

"This is going to sound a bit... outlandish... but. me and my friend here were called to aid The Goddess through a dream."

Genevieve jolted awake somehow. Her dark eyes pierced the pink-haired duo, and her chest pounded. They all stood in the forest in the company of an absent-minded professor. The girl started to hesitantly outline just why they were there. The dream, the shrine, the witch, the goddess, Celebi... The doctor's lips parted a slight, and they craved the comforting body of a cigarette between them. Her hands stayed still at her sides. Perhaps it was not her Hypno, then, torturing her with vivid dreams as his act of vengeance. It was instead a summoning to gauze the world of this, hm, goddess' death. Magic was dying. She was dying. To prevent it, they had to find Celebi. It became clear to the doctor that that was why her legs moved on their own, desperate in search of...

"Oh, were you joining us? I'm sure we could use all the help we could get. What d'you think, Shinya?"

The doctor wished to tell the young woman that she indeed had the same dream, but it was not Genevieve's style to state the obvious. She seemed the ditzy type though. The other young woman, the one with the longer hair, seemed to have more tact about her. Genevieve reached in her pocket for a cigarette but remembered that in the wake of her kidnapping, her box fell. She paled in defeat. Beryl City, she thought.

"Certainly," Genevieve replied to the duo.

Following their lead, the group made their way out of the forest and back into town. The professor asked further questions about the Harvest Goddess, Celebi, and the Harvest Sprites as they walked. They all introduced each other too. Kaia, Shinya, Dr. Cosima, Paddington, and Professor Thorne. After some time, they reach their destination and found they were not the only ones there. The group came upon another outside a door. Genevieve stared at the scene unfold. The speaker of the group, a rose-haired individual, just had a door slammed in his face. By some wily brat. Dr. Cosima raised a brow, but she approached nevertheless with a newfound understanding of their unlikely situation. It was many people who had this dream, but how many exactly? And why me? Why us?

It did not take long for Genevieve to figure out the other trio had a hard time gathering the information to apprehend this... Ginger. Supposedly, the woman inside held all the knowledge of its whereabouts perhaps -- or anything really. Anything concrete.

She looked at her own group, and she cleared her gravelly throat.

"Perhaps we can be of assistance. This professor here knows the woman inside," Genevieve told them, gesturing to the professor. Beyond that, she was not sure how else to proceed. The professor did not seem the assertive type to break down the door and demand to speak with the senile old lady inside. From the way the door was slammed in their faces, it was a lot easier said than done. She sighed, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

Mood
amused?? confused??

Outfit
click me!

Tag
Elozonam tsurene tsurene ✧ Teagan Skryeb Skryeb

saori nakahara.

Saori was taken back (and a bit amused) having seen the exchange between the kid and Elozonam, the kid had the guts to start threatening them despite there being one of him and three of them. She couldn’t say she was surprised that he had slammed the door on their faces. They probably deserved it after that interaction. Saori had never seen a child that riled up before, and she’d seen the kids fighting the professor (and each other) back at home for their starter Pokemon. She shudders at the memory, she hopes she doesn’t have to mediate if something goes wrong. She can’t get caught up fighting a kid, that looks bad on her part especially since she was a known coordinator.

Though Saori has to give props to him, that kid can bite back, that’s for sure. Saori looks over at her two companions having seen the failure of trying to recover the journal. Now what were they supposed to do? She can’t blame Elozonam for riling the kid up, if it had been her she’d probably be in the same shoes, and no one would have known that the kid was a walking fireball. She sighs, and looks at both of her companions putting one hand on her hip, ”I’m sure their grandmother would understand if we just explain what had happened, she probably has to deal with this all the time.”, Saori remarks, while chuckling thinking back to how the kid reacted. Though it was just an assumption, Saori is certain that he probably acts the same way to everyone on a daily basis, though probably not to his grandma seeing how willing he was to fight for her.

Before the two of them could respond to what Saori had said, another group approached theirs. Saori looks at each of their faces, not recognizing a single one of them. However, with the way her two companions reacted to seeing them, it seemed Elozonam and Teagan knew who they were. Saori smiles at the group as they approach closer, giving them all a small little wave of acknowledgment, despite not knowing who they are.

The older individual of the other group with a white lab coat approaches Saori and the others. "I didn't expect to find a party when I arrived," they laugh, offering their hand to shake. At the gesture, Saori put her hand out to shake the professor's, she didn’t want to seem rude especially since the professor seemed to be someone who could help them with the task at hand. At least they didn’t need to devise another plan to get the journal if the professor is here… probably. "Professor Thorne. I suspect you three are with them?" They ask, gesturing to Shinya, Genevieve, and Kaia. "They've been kind enough to catch me up to speed regarding the Harvest Goddess. My guess is you three somehow learned about my friend's history with Ginger. Have you spoken with Winnie yet?"

Saori shakes her head at the professor’s question, “No we haven’t yet. My friend here”, Saori gestures to Elozonam, “tried to talk to the grandson about letting us have a look at the journal. We didn’t really get that far though since he was adamant on us not having it. Going as far as mocking, and threatening us. Theeen, he slammed the door in our face.”, Saori sticks her thumb out in the direction of the door that had been slammed on them for more emphasis. “And that brings us back to now.”, Saori finishes.

The professor grins. "Eddie's always been a fiery one! Very protective of his grandmother. Let's see if I can help." They approach the front door and knock firmly. "Eddie, dear! It's Professor Thorne! I hear you've met some friends of mine already. They want to ask your grandmother questions about Ginger! I promise they'll let you keep the journal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back