• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom  ❉」EUNOIA ⋮

kaia keahi

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

hers

what once was

As soon as the green haired woman spoke up, Kaia felt relief. However, she couldn't help but arch a brow at the way she spoke, smiling at her wording. 'Clean girl vibes'... She wondered what vibes she gave off as Raquel continued to explain what Beryl was all about.

It sounded like a place where her mother would fit right in. Coats, and varying types of Pokemon. Could this be where she went all those years ago? She was ashamed to admit it, but there was a glimmer of hope that blossomed in her chest as the scatterbrained girl continued to brainstorm. Kaia glanced at Cove, who already sensed a shift in the pink-haired surfer's demeanor. It left him quizzical, but excited nonetheless.

Temperature. It certainly wasn't a bad idea. Makes sense that a fire gem would be located somewhere with high heat signatures. Hafumi seemed to agree, leaving Kaia to laugh at his attempts at teasing poor Maddox.

She listened as Hifumi re-introduced himself, explaining a bit more as to why he took this journey to Windemere. "...And Kaia, what brings you to these parts? As for me, I'm here on a travel spree, soaking up inspiration for my upcoming collection."

Well, when he put it like that... what was her reason? The familiar feeling of uncertainty threatened to creep back in her mind. However, she chose to ignore it, feeling confident in her goal of travel.

"Ah, well, honestly.. I needed a change of pace. I want to see more of the world. Clearly, there is still much for me to learn."
She sighed,
"So, really, me and my Pokemon are along for the ride."
Her demeanor quickly lightened up, as she directed her attention back to Hifumi,
"It's super cool that you're a designer, though! I'd love to see your work one of these days."

Hifumi pondered for a moment before continuing, and it wasn't long until Maddox chimed in. The way he stopped on Elozonam's name was quite obvious, and it made Kaia's brow furrow. What was up with that?

Were they exes? Former friends? Enemies? This was awkward, and Kaia couldn't contain her curiosity any longer,

"Your friend, Elozonam... he mentioned he was a curator of some kind, if I remember correctly. He might know of more resources for us to dig through, right?"

Maybe that was a bit pervasive of her, to mention him. But, this tense relationship was going to impact the group. If there were a way for her to help, this would be the first step. At least, that's what she hoped for. The annoyance and general disinterest Maddox responded with, though, proved that she was wrong. The farmer huffed,

"If he had somethin' that would help us, he woulda mentioned it. Trust me."

Kaia nodded, deciding that this was clearly a dead end.
"Regardless, I agree that the entire group going to see one person might prove to be overwhelming for the Professor. Going to the library, or even having some of us just... talking to the locals about our journey might get us some more information. Learning about the people of an area can be helpful."

Kaia decided to lean into her strengths. Talking to strangers was a breeze, at least, much more so than sitting down in a silent library to read. Her passions leaned more into interaction, and learning about the lives of others. It was what made her former job, and now travelling, so fulfilling.

♡coded by uxie♡

Teagan.

• mood

Socially Awkward

While Teagan knew they should stay on topic with their impending travels and all, their tapping fingers stilled to a rest against their coffee cup as conversation turned towards the collection of pokemon their small group had rather than topics about themselves or their upcoming travels. Their gaze softened at the sight of the shy Mimikyu, and their excitement of being able to see a Swoobat up close was tantalizing. As the Swoobat, introduced as Louis, settled onto the back of Vitale’s seat, Teagan caught his attempt at soothing them and they almost cooed at how cute he was. They may struggle to speak to new people but they could speak for hours about their Eevees, and if the others wanted to talk about their pokemon, then they wouldn’t argue.

With little thought, they dug into their bag and pulled out their book on pokemon care, flipping towards the back where there were some lined pages to take notes. The first few sheets were already covered in neat handwriting, small doodles of random pokemon sketched on the edges. “I’d love to tell you about Aelius and Amaris,” they said quickly, gesturing to each Eevee as she named them, “Do you mind if I take notes while we talk though? I don’t see pokemon like either of yours that often.”

Hemlock winked at them, already leaning towards the two Eevees as he answered, “Go ahead, as long as you don’t mind if I take some notes of my own. It’s just a real treat to see such adorable Pokémon today~” Aelius and Amaris both paused their twisting circles around Floofie, curious at the attention that was suddenly focused on them. Aelius, ever the brave one of the two, met the gloved hand reaching towards him head on, practically shoving his face into the Professor's palm. Amaris on the other hand stood back, watching the exchange intently, though her ears were perked and her tail wagged showing that she was happy yet curious about this new person.

"Oh, do tell," Teagan could tell Vitale's curiosity was piqued as he spoke, "as long as you don't mind me prying a bit. Like for example, do you have evolutions for them in mind? Or are you letting them choose on their own? I'll answer any questions you may have in turn.” Amaris turned her attention from the Professor to Vitale and gingerly stepped closer, peering up at him expectantly.

Teagan gave both of the humans at the table a small smile of gratitude, pulling a pencil from the front of their bag and settling in as they spoke. “I'm letting them choose their evolutions. I don't want them to feel pressured.” They tapped their pencil on the half filled page in front of them before they mindlessly started doodling something on the edge of the paper, the start of what looked like a Swoobat's ears. “They just haven't seemed… comfortable with a choice yet,” their voice sounded strained for a moment before they cleared their throat and fell silent.

Every now and then they would glance over at Louis and add to a rough sketch they were working on between notes while they talked. They seemed a lot more at peace now with the group, occasionally drinking from their coffee. “We do have an interesting group of not just people, but Pokemon that will be traveling with us, and more than a few are quite large for settings like this. I’m sure we’ll be able to find places for all of them, including your Rapidash, Selene, to get some time out with everyone and the smaller pokemon,” they assured Vitale as they added some more fluff to their sketch of Louis, “It would only be fair.” Their next glance up at him was with a reassuring smile.

Normal People Things

Lovejoy

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

raquel. —

scroll

mood
rambly

outfit

tag
maddox ( cwosont cwosont ), hifumi ( Dicentra Dicentra ), & kaia ( leviohsa leviohsa )

"It's settled then!" sang Raquel with a sudden clap of her hands & easiness about her features. In response to Kaia's proposal to talk to locals, she clarified, "Looks like we're going chatting! If we want, I can post something online & see if anyone shows up to meet us."

With a sudden lunge into the crossbody bag she had brought for their little breakfast, she dug out her phone. In appearance, it was completely deco'd out: its case a bright neon blue, with a faux frosted border along its edges & several Pokemon charms embedded within the case.

For a woman of her age, it screamed utterly inappropriate but it couldn't have looked more in place than in her equally manicured hands. Her elbows were propped onto the table & her phone held blatantly in front of her nose, making her go nearly cross-eyed in the way it held her attention.

Her fingernails rhythmically tapped at its screen — a sound not unlike the little rapping of a Lillipup's overgrown nails on hard tile. For a good little while, Raquel stayed in this position. On occasion, she'd drop a hand to her cup of joe for a quick sip but she'd be right back at her typing within the next moment. The curious thing was that she remained quiet as she did this.

It wasn't long until her head popped up from behind her phone with a grin about her. By that point, it had again sunk to a degree where her shoulders became near ear muffs so when she popped up, it was with great motion for having traveled such distance.

"There," she announced with pride, holding up that accessorized phone to her booth's audience. "I'll do the voiceover maybe, um, later today, but I whipped up a little video just to go out on my social media whenever we're ready. Maybe it'll get people to help us & just solve this for us."

At her side, she whispered without any real intention to keep her words hidden: "Even if it doesn't, it'll definitely help my engagements." With that, she beamed & again pocketed her phone at her side.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Elozonam Rosamel

mood.

holding back

location.

warwick's bar in windermere

Elozonam clasped his hands around his cup of coffee, trying his best to maintain his composure. He knew it would be difficult to get along with the group. However, he was taken aback by how quick Shinya was to reject his offer, calling it a "waste of energy." Was the museum seriously that boring? He didn't know whether to be offended by her shooting him down, or be embarrassed about how the building was perceived by outsiders.

Of course, not everyone will have the same interests as each other. Arguing with her over that would be like talking to a brick wall. But still, she should at least have some basic respect since Elozonam was one of the only locals around here. If he called battling a chore, she would've been quick to defend herself.

Gage threw his two cents about the museum tour, albeit he had a more… unconventional reason. Elozonam only covered his mouth as Gage rambled about, attempting to hide his reaction. Really, cereal box puzzles? Bless his heart, he looked at the bright side despite not knowing what he was talking about. Though he found Gage to be rather naive with the comparison, Elozonam appreciated that the ranger showed a little interest in the museum tour. Not only that, but honing their "detective skills" might help them discover something useful for finding the Sprites. Maybe he could even learn more about the obscured history of some of the artifacts after having been kept in the dark for so long.

"I'm in for the museum adventure," said Carter. "Can't hurt to learn a bit more about Eunoia, right?"

Elozonam widened his eyes, amazed that Carter was also on board with the tour. He predicted that there was going to be skepticism, but he didn’t expect them to be okay with it. Well, most of them. He wasn’t sure if Shinya would be swayed by other people’s opinions. Regardless, it looked like majority rule was in his favor.

"Yes, yes," Elozonam responded in agreement. "While it would be much easier to explain things as we go, it never hurts to be educated beforehand. Besides, you'll never know when neither me, Teagan, or Maddox will be present. I'm sure some of you came across accidents in your own journeys, did you not?”

He straightened his posture before taking a long sip of his coffee. "Anyways, feel free to ask any questions about the exhibits or Eunoia in general, it's part of my job after all. I also hope none of you, or your Pokemon, are scared of heights or the dark. There’s going to be lots of it."

curator

♡coded by uxie♡

rapidash when

At the revelation that Vitale wouldn’t be bringing out his Rapidash, Hemlock dropped his grin in favour of a dramatic sigh. “It could be my last hour on this planet and still you choose to deprive me of your glorious equine, you’re too cruel to this ‘old’ man.” The professor brought a hand to his forehead, eyes closed in mock agony as he wailed like an overly coddled infant a mournful sob.

Mimi squeaked in embarrassment at his side as one of Warwick’s employees walked by his ridiculous display. Still, the professor kept up his act. Selene was too big for the bar? Pshaw! The bar was not big enough for them!

The fake pout however, faded as quickly as it appeared when Teagan finally brought out a booklet. At the sight, Hemlock perked up again and peered curiously as they turned towards her Eevees.

“I’d love to tell you about Aelius and Amaris,” Teagan began, introducing their two Pokémon. “Do you mind if I take notes while we talk though? I don’t see pokemon like either of yours that often.”

Hemlock winked in response, already leaning in towards the Eevee pair. “Go ahead, as long as you don’t mind if I take some notes of my own. It’s just a real treat to see such adorable Pokémon today~” He cooed, gloved fingers extending towards them like a vulture’s claw.

Hemlock knew the impression he gave off was not always as affable as he tried to be. So when Aelius reciprocated his gesture without fear, the grown man swore he felt his heart melt. A smile graced his features, genuine this time as he interacted with the Eevee. All the while keeping an ear out for the other trainers’ conversation as they exchanged words. If the trainers turned however, they would see that the professor had pulled out a magnifying glass from seemingly nowhere and turned it towards Aelius.

“Yes, well… I suppose there will be more chances later on for me to observe- Ahem, for you to show all of us your lovely Selene.” Hemlock added onto Teagan’s words without looking up. It was only when Mimi nudged him that he finally looked back at the other two.

Was he forgetting something again? Hemlock raised an eyebrow at his Mimikyu.

He clapped his hands in realization. “Oh! Let us shift back to the topic of our next destination, Beryl. There are a lot of places we can check out in Beryl, such as the library, but I suggest Professor Thorne’s place to start..." Hemlock mused before trailing off, lost in thought. "Hmm... or perhaps not, Thorne's a rather elusive fellow. Hard to find, that one... Very hard to track down... Favouring seclusion, it was rare for Hemlock to seek out other people, so it stumped him that he was unable to find someone the one time he actually wanted to.

"Ah but I'm getting off track, maybe the assistant Phoebe would be a better choice! I'll admit I don’t know the Professor very well but I’ve spoken to their assistant a couple of times. Regardless there's a number of spots we can choose to check out in Beryl. I'm sure our fellow local can confirm.” He exclaimed, turning towards Teagan.

song title

༻ ꧂

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
conceding, curious
outfit
link
tags
tsurene tsurene (elozonam), death to birds death to birds (gage), ven ven (carter)

Judging by everyone's reactions, Shinya's lack of interest seemed to be in the minority.

While she didn't particularly care to study (she was a hands on learner), her reasons for wanting to skip out were entirely practical. Looking at (not touching) artifacts and listening to voice overs wouldn't tell them anything more than what could be found on a phone or history book right?

She stared at Elozonam for a moment, squinting to see if she could tease out any emotion from him. His expression was neutral, but his grip seemed a bit...tight around his cup. Were all Eunoians this easily offended? She held back an eye roll as she continued drinking her coffee, allowing for Gage and Carter to express their interest.

Whether it was an odd comparison to a cereal box puzzle (which, admittedly were pretty fun) or the prospect of a bit more education, it didn't quite resonate with Shinya but bones? She might not have known the specifics of how fossil Pokemon were revived but she knew that having pieces of the Pokemon would be the only way to bring it back to life.

Now Shinya wasn't a thief by any means, but if visiting the museum meant seeing a native fossil she supposed she could give it a chance.

Straightening her posture, she set down her cup before holding up her hands. "Alright! Ya got me. Lead the way when you're ready."

shinya.
© reveriee

hifumi

Hifumi raised an eyebrow as Maddox rubbed his temples, a noticeable hint of sourness on his face. However, Hifumi swiftly shook off the discomfort. He speculated that perhaps a second cup of coffee was in order. The whole group seemed to be grappling with the early morning wake-up, and Hifumi couldn't help but sympathize with the collective struggle against the unforgiving dawn.

Speaking of coffee, Hifumi tapped his finger against the mug in silence. The awkwardness in the air was starting to wear on him. They had collectively hatched a plan, but the camaraderie within the group needed some work. While Kaia and Raquel were making an effort, the local resident, who held the potential to contribute significantly, seemed less than amicable. Hifumi sighed softly to himself, already weary from the strained conversation. It was challenging to witness the red-haired man shutting down everyone else's dialogue but his own.

"I'd be more than happy to show you anytime." Hifumi told Kaia with a smile, his gaze drifting toward the woman's Pokémon—a rather adorable companion adorned in vibrant hues of blue. The duo, he mused to himself, could serve as excellent inspiration if he had the chance to get to know them better.

After another sip of coffee, Hifumi surveyed the bar, noticing the other groups whose members didn't seem as standoffish as their own resident. "Excuse me for a second." He said with a nod as he rose from his stool and made his way to the restroom. Splashing some water on his face helped to awaken him slightly, but not by much.

As he stared at his reflection in the mirror, he couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty. What was he doing here, following strangers around an unknown town, soon to embark on a journey to yet another unfamiliar destination in search of some sort of stone? It sounded utterly absurd. Despite feeling compelled, he couldn't deny that it all sounded crazy. Yet, he wanted to believe that this was the right choice, the right decision. It had to be.

Staring at himself in the mirror for a moment, Hifumi noticed the hollow appearance of his under-eyes, evidence of the restless night he had experienced. An additional splash of water served as a futile attempt to revive himself. It was going to be an uphill journey ahead.

After patting his skin dry with a paper towel, he returned to the booth, ready to share a meal with the group and embark on the journey to Beryl with them.

© weldherwings.

scroll

ranger

GAGE

mood

confused, overwhelmed

outfit

broken link

museum

interactions

elozonam, shinya, carter

Whether it was his quick-witted and creative thinking - at least if you were to ask him - or the group’s lust for learning, it didn’t take too long for them to settle on making a trip to the museum before they set out on their journey to try and gain some insider knowledge on the region and what all may be in store for their expedition to wake up the sprites, find the magic stones, and make the Goddess fleshy again. This sounded like some sort of bad berry trip. Not that he would know, surely.

”Alright then, it’s settled! Lead the way, sir curator,”
he offered, still not exactly sure what a curator really was despite putting his full faith in the much more educated man to guide him around the local museum. He made a quick pit stop by Warwick to thank him for his hospitality before following in suit behind Elozonam, allowing him to lead the way to his place of employment for the first part of their trek.

When they arrived he was a little underwhelmed by the museum itself, the outward appearance seeming rather small as Elozonam let them in.
”This is it? How much stuff can you fit in there- ooooh..”
His words trailed off as he entered the building, much more of the business’s displays coming into view as the seemingly hidden hallways were buried underneath the ground, not visible to the solid eye until you made your way through to the tunnels and halls.

Adequately but softly lit displays lined the halls left and right, different rooms jutting out from the main corridors to give a moody yet sophisticated sense of knowledge and history that littered the walls. It definitely wasn’t ever the type of place he’d find himself hanging out during his free time, but at the same time he couldn’t help but notice that
”this place is cool as hell!”
His words were soft to himself as he allowed the others room to step inside to observe.

As they stepped further into the museum Gage paused for a moment to look over at the curator.
"So, uh, Elozonam, yeah? What exactly would you recommend we look at first in the museum if we're trying to find some magical gem for um... Cinnamon? Hazel? ...Nutmeg. GINGER! Ginger. Got anything on Beryl like the witch recommended?"
Maybe it was a longshot, but it couldn’t hurt to take a look to see what the place had to offer. Then, of course, if all else failed there was always the chance that he could get a cool t-shirt from the gift shop. Surely this place had a gift shop.

"Well, Gage," Elozonam began, “If we want further background on Ginger’s connection to Beryl, we should head to the marble hallway with the stained glass chandeliers. There, it has engravements of the Harvest Sprites’ lore, behaviors, and relationships to the Goddess, depicted according to reputable mythologists. On the right, there’s a corridor where the museum stores its ancient scrolls and tapestries… or fancy rugs, in other words.”

Gage’s face was a mixture of blank lack of understanding and also slight confusion as Elozonam explained, but he did his best to keep a interested gaze as he scanned the more cool looking items in the room behind him. Chandeliers? Engravings? Lore? Depicted? Mythologists? Tapestries? That was a whole lot of fancy, very educated words that he was trying his best to piece together with his very limited attention span - but he could tell that the curator was extremely passionate about his art, much like he was his, so he’d be damned if he disrespected the man while he gave his spiel.

”Oh, rugs, yeah! That makes sense! My mom has a fancy rug in her living room too, I didn’t know they kept them in places like museums. Maybe I should pick her up a new one, she’d probably like that…”
he pondered out loud, scratching the back of his head while Domino simply shook his own head in return while perched on his shoulder.
”So, fancy marble hallway with fancy lights? Got it - you’re good at this,”
he offered with an encouraging smile, allowing the curator to lead the way again as they made their way to the room in question containing the engravings on the lore of the Harvest Sprites.

At first glance it looked like a bunch of nonsense to him, but history was probably one of his worst subjects in school. Still, if anyone seemed like they could make some sort of breakthrough to him it’d be this guy - surely that’s why the Goddess brought them together, right? Still, he had no idea where to start - so turning to Shinya and then Carter with a pleading look was his next best option.
”So, any idea on where we should start? I don’t even know what to ask to get us started.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Carter

/*right side (scroll)*/

Carter's eyes moved methodically across the curated exhibits, taking in the items assembled in Elozonam's collection. The museum space had an unusual atmosphere, simultaneously —spacious and confining—as if the fossils followed you with their hallowed eyes.

Not wanting to stray far from the group. Carter hurried behind Elozonam, half-listening as he went over the different sections of the museum. Grateful, that they choose to view the engravings instead of reading through scrolls.

The marble hallway unfolded before Carter, its grandeur emphasized by the intricate stained glass chandeliers suspended from above. The play of colors within the glass seemed to resonate with the very magic the engravings depicted.

Her eyes focused on an engraving of the Harvest Sprites' surrounding their Goddess with a look of glee on their faces. While there were multiple depictions of the Sprites none seemed to discern any information that would be useful to their situation. Carter pinched her brow, a headache forming the longer they seemed to get nowhere in their pursuit of information. The narratives portrayed on the walls proved to be more than mere legends, and Carter questioned whether Eunoia held a unique significance in the realm of forgotten goddesses, or if such tales were common across all regions.

”So, any idea on where we should start? I don’t even know what to ask to get us started.” Gage's question prompted a sheepish expression from Carter, accompanied by an embarrassed laugh.

"I struggled with history, even from my own region. This feels like uncharted territory for me," she admitted. Each engraving, while rich in depicting the Sprites' relationships, failed to provide a clear direction. The artifacts seemed to only scratch the surface of the complexities involving the Goddess and the Sprites. Carter pondered if the missing pieces of the puzzle lay hidden within the details or if the answers eluded them in an entirely different realm.

original theme: roald theme
coded by weldherwings.

• intro

where have you gone

christoffer franzen

prompt.

W
    arwick returns with a plate of pancakes and a bowl of fresh fruit. He sets them down on the bar to pour himself a cup of coffee and takes a long sip.

"I overheard some of what you were all saying. I agree that Beryl is the best place to start! I've known Professor Thorne for many years, they won't hesitate to help." Warwick sighs as he taps on the side of his mug. "I haven't been here in Eunoia for very long, but my husband and my daughter were both born here. The Harvest Goddess means a lot to them and I would bet most of the region feels the same." The corner of his eyes crinkle as he smiles. "I know this all very sudden. Thank you for taking this on. I would offer to join you, but my family needs me here. Besides, these sort of adventures are better suited for young people like yourselves."

Warwick laughs and adds, "Take today to prepare, yeah? Stop by in the morning again and I'll send you all off with some coffee and something for the road."

- - -

The next afternoon, packed and ready to go, the group stops by Warwick's bar before heading out for Beryl City. It's an hour by foot along Route 1, a little shorter by Mudsdale. The city is bigger than Windermere, with more buildings than farmland, but it is not any less welcoming. The group heads for Professor Thorne's laboratory. Instead of the elusive professor, an auburn haired woman greets them instead.

"Welcome to the Pokémon Research Lab! Oh, I recognize some of you... Did we have a tour scheduled for today?" She asks herself. "In any case, my name is Phoebe! I'm an assistant to Professor Thorne! Which ah, I'm afraid the Professor actually isn't here right now..."

Phoebe is shocked, to say the least, as the group informs her of their hopes to speak with Professor Thorne about the Harvest Goddess. She pales at the news of the Goddess turning to stone. She shakes her head in disbelief and says, "I... can't believe it. Oh, I wish the Professor was here right now... I will do what I can to help, but Professor Thorne left for the forest at dawn this morning. I actually wanted to check on them. Professor Thorne is older if you didn't already know, so I worry about them." Phoebe sighs and rubs her temples. "But I also have other things to attend to. Maybe... a few of you could go look for the Professor?"

intro

cast

the goddess is...?

this is
terrible...

time

12pm

date

november 15th

pokémon lab, beryl city

scene

act 1, scene 1: beryl city

ooc

♡coded by uxie♡

beryl city

quest 01: professor thorne

scroll

Upon arriving at the research lab in Beryl City, the group meets Phoebe, assistant to Professor Thorne. She is quick to offer her aid once told the news of the Harvest Goddess, but admits she would not be nearly as helpful as her boss. Unfortunately, Professor Thorne left for the nearby forest at dawn and has not come back yet. Phoebe hesitantly adds that Professor Thorne is quite old and likely shouldn't be going out on their own, but is stubborn about accepting help. The group decides to head for the forest, both to find answers and to ensure Professor Thorne is safe and sound.

♡coded by uxie♡

beryl city

quest 02: the journal

scroll

After checking in with Professor Thorne's assistant, the group decides to check out the local library for any books or documentation on the Harvest Goddess or Celebi. The librarian is eager to help and mentions a journal that was donated to the library several years ago. The journal had a detailed account of the local's encounter with a supposed Harvest Sprite, a follower of the Harvest Goddess which possessed magical powers of its own. Unfortunately, the journal was checked out some months ago and was never returned. With some persuasion, the librarian gives up the address of the renter and the group leaves to find them.

♡coded by uxie♡

beryl city

quest 03: tremors

scroll

Remaining behind at the lab as others seeks out Professor Thorne, the group is alarmed by a sudden tremor in the earth. Phoebe and other employees at the lab don't seem surprised, but they do look annoyed. A few questions asked of them lets the group know that a herd of Digletts and Dugtrios have moved in beneath the town. More specifically, the train tracks. Their digging caused the ground to cave in just outside of Beryl Station and repairs can't be made until the herd is caught or convinced to move. The tremors have been happening ever since. Phoebe was just about to head out to deal with them when the group arrived.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

The farmhand hadn't expected so many people to help the Harvest Goddess. He was equal parts relieved and skeptical. How long would it take for some of them to give up? This wasn't their region, after all, or their deity. The pessimist in Maddox expected at least half of them to be gone by morning, but only one took their leave. Shit, maybe he would be one of them before long. Maddox was sure as hell going to give it a shot. If not for the Goddess herself, then for his ma.

He had been to Beryl City countless times before, mostly for pick-ups and drop-offs for the farm. The city had changed a bit over the years, but for the most part it was still the same old town that he knew. Maddox led the group to the Pokémon Lab's doors, a short walk from the city line. It had been years since he last stepped foot inside. He remembered going on a tour as a kid. Maddox hadn't had a reason to come back up until now.

"Welcome to the Pokémon Research Lab! Oh, I recognize some of you... Did we have a tour scheduled for today?" Phoebe made eye contact with him, and some of the others. "In any case, my name is Phoebe! I'm an assistant to Professor Thorne! Which ah, I'm afraid the Professor actually isn't here right now..."
Maddox sighed and looked around. Someone had to tell her. He didn't want it to be him, but who the fuck cared? Maddox told Phoebe all they know, from the dream to the Witch's words. He kept the recap short, eliminating unnecessary details that Phoebe didn't need to know about.

"...But I also have other things to attend to. Maybe... a few of you could go look for the Professor?"

The group made a quick decision. A few of them would go find Professor Thorne, others would head out to the library. It left him with Gage and Carter. They could find something useful to do, Maddox just wasn't sure what that would be yet.

“We could ask around with some of tha locals. I ain't tryin' ta get chased off for soliciting, though.”
He huffed in annoyance.
“I guess I know a few people we could start with...”

Before he could continue further, the ground beneath their feet began to shake.
“What the fuck? An earthquake?!”
Maddox shouted in alarm, stepping over Ares so the Typhlosion was sitting between his legs.
“Can't remember tha last time we had an earthquake.”

Phoebe held onto her desk, looking more annoyed than surprised by the whole ordeal. "They've been happening quite frequently lately!" She exclaimed, sighing and straightening her jacket as the quakes subsided. "We had a nerd of Digletts and Dugtrios move in about a week ago. They've been causing earthquakes multiple times throughout the day. It caused the ground to cave in under the train tracks leading to Ashborne."

“Shit...”

She smiled weakly and responded, "Indeed. I was just about to head over there now to properly assess the situation. We have to figure out some way to deal with the herd before repairs can begin."

maddox

farm hand

gage, carter

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

ranger

GAGE

mood

thoughtful, investigative

outfit

broken link

collapsed tracks

interactions

phoebe, maddox, carter

After learning a bit more about Eunoia - and that the fancy rugs in the Windmere museum were not actually for sale nor could they be used in someone’s house as a decoration - the museum group were on their way to reunite with the rest of their party. Warwick offered them one last helping of coffee the next morning before they set out, only losing one along the way. It was disappointing to see them go, but he realized not everyone could dedicate the same amount of time to helping the Goddess like they set out to do.

The path to Beryl City was a lot shorter than he expected, though maybe he was used to navigating his way through the wilderness rather than traveling on the main paths from city to city. It only felt like an hour before the group had arrived and made their way to the Research Lab to look for Professor Thorne, the fiery haired Maddox leading the way since he seemed a bit more familiar with the place than most. Once they stepped inside the lab he was immediately met with a feeling like he didn’t belong - the stark contrast of technology versus nature as he glanced around at all the computers and sciencey things that adorned the room before he locked eyes with the assistant.

"Welcome to the Pokémon Research Lab! Oh, I recognize some of you... Did we have a tour scheduled for today?" He opened his mouth excitedly to respond, a spark in his eyes like a golden retriever tossed a ball before he realized the question was more rhetorical and he shrunk back into place. "In any case, my name is Phoebe! I'm an assistant to Professor Thorne! Which ah, I'm afraid the Professor actually isn't here right now..."

Well that wasn’t good - that’d definitely set them back in their progress if the one person they knew to look for wasn’t around. Maddox quickly took the lead, however, explaining to Phoebe the importance of the situation and all the details he could put together in short form - though he did think it was a bit odd that he left out the part about the witch shooting fiery gemstones from her hands like some kind of flaming ruby bazooka. That may not be exactly how it happened, but that’s how he remembered it in his head and that seemed like a pretty cool detail people would want to know about.

Still, Phoebe got the point even without the flaming-gem-rocket-launcher-for-hands Witch portion of the story and despite having some things to attend to themself offered to point some of them in the direction of the Professor. Interacting with someone new - especially someone that was probably leagues above his intellect level - didn’t seem like it’d be something he’d be cut out for even if it was out in the forest. Scouring the library for some sort of clue or direction for their journey definitely seemed like it wouldn’t be suited for him, so after a few quick decisions from the group it was just him, Maddox, and Carter that remained behind at the lab while the others separated into two other groups.

For a moment he stood there awkwardly, not sure what to do. They came to Beryl looking for Professor Thorne and perhaps a clue, two things that he seemed to be no use for. Maybe he wasn’t actually useful for this journey after all. Maddox offered asking around to some of the locals, though his people skills weren’t always the best so that seemed like a-

His train of thought was interrupted as the ground beneath them started to shake, Maddox exclaiming out while Phoebe seemed rather unbothered. He raised his brow as the ground continued to quiver, his balance holding steady as he studied the feeling through his feet. Definitely not Sandshrew - they were a lot more careful, precise, and gentle with their digging. This had to be…
”Diglet!”
He whispered to himself as Phoebe began to explain the situation, mentioning the herd of Digletts and Dugtrios that had recently moved in and caused the ground to cave under the train tracks. He turned his head to them as they mentioned heading over to the tracks to assess the situation, his eyes widening before he couldn’t contain himself.

”We can help!”
He practically shouted the words as he moved over to Maddox and Carter while the ground began to settle.
”Me and my friends Maddox and Carter here would love to help! Seems like it’d be right up our alley! We just need you to lead the way there!”
He placed himself between the two, putting one arm over each of their shoulders with a wide grin. Finally something that he could do!

The trip over to the collapsed tracks didn’t take long at all and the devastation the Diglett and Dugtrio had caused was apparent as he surveyed the area. He squatted down over the dirt for a moment, shifting it between his fingers as he looked up and down the tracks.
”Any idea where these guys might’ve come from before? Do you think they’re local to the area?”
He asked, looking at the trail of broken ground the Diglett had left in their wake.

“We have a suspicion that they may have migrated down from Ashborne. It’s unusual behavior for them, though. We’re still waiting to hear back from our contact in Ashborne to confirm.” He nodded along, for the first time seeming actually serious about a subject at hand.
”Could be possible something is disturbing them at the mine then, yeah? Usually Pokemon won’t leave their homes unless they’re disturbed or find a place they like better - so we either find out what’s keeping them out of the mines or we find them a new place they like even better.”
He finally stood, turning back to face Phoebe, Carter, and Maddox.
”Usually though, Pokemon are always trying to communicate with us. That could be what this is.”

♡coded by uxie♡

hifumi

The journey was, well, a journey. The trip proved to be more arduous than anything for the Pokémon contest-loving duo. Yet, despite the less-than-pleasant experience, they managed to arrive in Beryl intact—well, mostly. As Hifumi dismounted from the Pokémon's saddle, a tingling numbness in his thighs served as a testament to the toll the ride had taken on his body.

"But how do I..." Hifumi mumbled in confusion, attempting to recall the instructions the stable manager had given him upon arrival. "Do I just...?" A pat against the Pokémon's hip, and it scampered off, swiftly disappearing into the distance. Evidently, it knew the way back. Hifumi wore a puzzled yet impressed smile as he set off with Raquel towards the lab that Warwick had directed the group to.

Upon their arrival, the duo exchanged pleasantries with Shinya, the other pink-haired individual in the group. He greeted her with a nod and a fleeting smile, leading the two inside. The lab revealed itself to be quite impressive. The ceilings reached gracefully high, and the walls were adorned with rows of neatly aligned books. Pokémon, some released from their Poké Balls, underwent meticulous study, while others patiently awaited their turn, positioned with care on tables.

Before Hifumi could delve further into observation, his attention shifted towards the auburn-haired woman welcoming them to the facility. As she explained the possibility of the professor being lost in the forest, Hifumi nodded in agreement, expressing his readiness to join the search.

"It would be our absolute pleasure. Though, could I ask that you would be so kind as to give us directions on how to get there? I'm afraid we are new to the city and.. easily lost." He spoke with traumatized eyes, recalling the countless occasions he had been lost in the unfamiliar streets of the many new cities he had visited.

Phoebe nodded. "Of course! If you go out the front doors and walk to your right, you'll reach a split in the road. Going right again leads you to town, but if you stay straight you'll see the treeline and that will be the forest!"

Raquel, with her vibrant personality and eyes sparkling in awe, exclaimed, "Yes, ma'am! Alright & if they got like... you know, a phone or anything. You just let us know & we'll give them a call. With this place being so high tech, it's — you know — I'd expect like a Pokétch on them, but... you know what, all good! We'll go get them! Complete strangers. Totally fine." With a pageant smile, Raquel was the first to turn her back & head towards the door. A wave over her shoulder, she called out, "Toodles!"

And with that, Hifumi and the two companions who had agreed to accompany him to the forest set off.

Hifumi was relieved to hear that the forest wasn't too far away. The day had been filled with an unusual amount of walking, horseback riding, and more, since morning. Desperation for a proper rest and a nap lingered, but duty called, and he set off to find the missing professor.

As the trio walked along the path Phoebe had guided them on, the fashionista turned to Shinya. Recognizing her from their initial meeting at the statue, he observed the shared similarity in their hair color.

"It's nice to meet you again, by the way. How was your journey here? Raquel and I rode another Mudsdale, and well... All I can say is it was much more painful than I anticipated."

To his question, she said, "Oh Hifumi right? The flight here wasn't bad. Eunoia's not the most bustling region but..." She seemed to pause for a moment. "at least I got a good view of the Miltanks on the way here."

“Miltanks? I don't think I've ever seen one before. I guess that's another thing to put on my to-do list while in this region."
Hifumi responded with a laugh.

© weldherwings.

Carter

• he

/*right side (scroll)*/

Thoughts swirled in Carter's mind as she joined the group heading towards Beryl City. The museum venture had been a bust. All the information presented they already knew. Would Beryl City fall into the same boat? A feeling of helplessness washed over Carter. If every lead wound up leading to nowhere...

Pushing the thoughts from her head, Carter forced herself to focus on the idle chatter of the group and Nesea, who trotted happily at her feet. Occasionally darting between Carter's legs as they were midstep, only to look back at Carter with an annoyed glare when Carter began to stumble. As if it was Carter that was rudely interrupting her stride, and not the other way around. Carter only shrugged it off, figuring this was payback for the lack of proper walks she'd taken Nesea on since arriving in Eunoia. Having been a rather avid hiker back home in Sinnoh, but between moving, settling in, and avoiding responsibilities, she's neglected the activity.

Approaching the Pokemon Research Lab, Carter let those more local to the area take the lead, still not quite sure where she fits in and not wishing to overstep. Entering the building, the group was quickly greeted by one of the Professor's assistants, who introduced herself as Phoebe. A concerned look crossed her face as Maddox explained the situation. However, it seemed the assistant had her own issues, as the Professor had been gone for quite some time. It seemed that any answer regarding the Harvest Goddess and her Sprites would wait until he returned.

At Phoebe's suggestion, a small group broke off to search for the Professor in the woods. While another decided to try their luck at the local library. Leaving Maddox, Gage, and Carter to debate what their own task would be.

Maddox began to suggest speaking to some of the locals, but before he could finish the ground beneath them began to shake. An earthquake?! Carter realized with a yelp, her hand landing on the wall to steady herself.

With the trembling subsided, the group recomposed themselves, and after Phoebe explained the situation. The Digletts that had made a home under the train tracks, the earthquakes that had come with it, the lack of info on just why it was happening, and the cave-in that needed assessing.

Gage pipped up, enlisting his help, as well as, Maddox and Carter's. While her field of study was in the care of Pokemon, she knew enough about migration patterns to know this wasn't normal. With a smile she nodded in agreement, happy to help in any way she could.

------------​

The walk up to the tracks was a mess. The road had become uneven the closer they got to the cave-in. Bits of upended dirt and unearthed tree roots, had Carter clumsily tripping over them while Nesea, easily hopped the trail.

Carter looked around while Gage spoke to Phoebe about the origin of the Digletts. If they had come all the way from Asheborne, Carter imagined it had to be something monumental. Digletts were busybodies, but they tended to stick to one area. This sort of movement was uncharacteristic.

”Usually though, Pokemon are always trying to communicate with us. That could be what this is.” Gage said.

"You're right about that," Phoebe stated, placing her hands on her hips with a sigh, and Carter nodded in agreement. "We just haven't been able to figure out the problem yet and there's already been a significant amount of damage." She shook her head and continued, "We're honestly at a standstill at the moment. If you three want to help, I can take you closer. They've built... quite an extensive tunnel underground. The cave-in is large enough for even us to stand in."

Leading the way, Phoebe guided the group closer. The cracks and holes in the ground quickly amassed into a much larger issue. The cave-in beneath the tracks opened up into a sizeable tunnel with holes scattered about.

"We've considered attempting to catch them all, but it isn't easy luring them out. We may be able to convince them to leave somehow, but I don't imagine we'll have the information to do that until we hear back from Ashborne."

"Have you tried following their movement after the quakes? If we know where they're centralizing it may give us more info." Carter questioned, her eyes surveying the many caverns in the cave-in.

Phoebe nodded. "We have, but the movement feels... erratic. Not at all like the typical habits of Digletts. They were particularly active yesterday morning. We believe they roughly followed the tracks down from Ashborne and now they seem to be randomly moving around the city line. Thankfully, we have only detected smaller groups of Digletts under city structures so nothing in Beryl has been damaged." She hummed in thought. "They are notably more active in the evening and mornings. Almost like they're taking an afternoon nap."

Carter thinks for a moment, that's a pretty standard nocturnal schedule, but that's not super common in Digletts. Maybe something was keeping them up?

"If we could find out where they are resting, we might get some answers. I don't think any of us would be able to make it very far," Carter glances down at Nesea, who nudges against her leg, "I could send Nesea, but I don't feel comfortable sending her alone. If someone went with her and we tracked them from the surface, I would feel more comfortable. We'd also get a decent map of the layout, which might give us more insight into what we are dealing with."

coded by weldherwings.

Teagan.

• mood

Socially Awkward

It had been easier than Teagan had expected to explain to their aunt and uncle they were leaving. Once they sat with them and went over what had happened that morning as well as the group of people she had met, both of the older adults had looked at each other before looking back at her with big smiles, encouraging her to follow what her heart was telling them.

Their aunt helped them pack the night before while their uncle made dinner. As Teagan departed with the group the next morning, they carried the warmth of the night with them like a blanket as they faced the unknown of their next adventures.

The group’s arrival in Beryl brought them to Professor Thorne’s research lab as suggested by Warwick, only to be informed that the Professor wasn’t available, putting their plans on pause. A few of the group decided to help out the Professor’s assistant, Phoebe as they had learned her name was, by going after the professor. Teagan was glad to be teamed up with someone they knew, heading to one of the town libraries with Elo in search of higher knowledge. Beryl was known for its research on Pokemon, so it wasn’t out of the question that they could find some resources for some of the knowledge they were seeking. The building they entered was impressively well designed with tall vaulted ceilings in a clean and welcoming environment. Towering, large arch doorways on each side of the main entrance room revealed more rooms beyond with shelves upon shelves filled to the brim with a vast selection of books on numerous topics. There were a few people loitering about, looking through the shelves or reading at the provided tables or chairs.

Teagan looked down at both of her pokemon and gave them a slightly warning look, not wanting them to draw any attention to themselves. The last thing she wanted was for them to cause a scene that could jeopardize any chance the group had at getting information here. There was a desk just opposite of the doors they entered with a kind looking man running it, who was reading a book himself. “Excuse me,” Teagan asked once they stepped closer, causing the man to look up at them, “Sorry to interrupt, but I was hoping you might know where we could start looking for any information about the Harvest Goddess? Or anything about Celebi?”

The librarian perked up, flashing the group a charming smile. "Of course, you'll find it in aisle-" He cut off, his eyes falling on Elozonam. "Actually, why don't I just show you~" He walked out from behind his desk and gestured for the group to follow him as he sauntered down the hall. Teagan was a little confused at the enthusiasm since they obviously weren’t the only occupants in the building, but they supposed it wasn’t too often that tourists visited a library. Perhaps he was used to seeing the same select clientele every day and it was refreshing to see new faces.

As they walked, Teagan took note of where they were heading, reading the little placards that described what each shelf was as he led them to the non-fiction section and into the religions aisle. "All of our books on the Goddess and Celebi are here. If you're looking for something specific, maybe I can help," he offered, and it took Teagan a moment to realize it was in a notably sultry voice. Surprised, they glanced up, catching on as he ogled their childhood friend.

“O-Oh, uhhh,” Teagan felt like they were interrupting something, glancing between the librarian and Elo, not sure if they needed to step in.

Normal People Things

Lovejoy

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

"Ah, it feels like the first day of trainer-hood all over again," Shinya remarked as everyone arrived at Professor Thorne's laboratory. Though it was a bit smaller than Professor Magnolia's lab it held all the essentials necessary to amaze young trainers. She felt compelled to wave at some of the Pokemon sitting obediently on the steel tables, even going so far to make a face at the Rattata being compared to its Alolan counterpart.

When Phoebe came out to greet them, Shinya couldn't help but raise a brow at the lack of a missing professor. While she didn't exactly expect a welcome party for their arrival, it seemed odd that Warwick hadn't communicated anything downstream. She supposed that, depending on how old the lady was, she might not have even known how to use a Rotom phone in the first place.

Hifumi was the first to speak, inquiring about the location of the forest while everyone else seemed to splinter off into different groups.

"Of course! If you go out the front doors and walk to your right, you'll reach a split in the road. Going right again leads you to town, but if you stay straight you'll see the treeline and that will be the forest!" Phoebe answered.

And so, Shinya and Raquel followed after the pink-haired man into the forest. They rolled past Vine Whips, battled Ursaring, and captured Eunoian variants before finally finding Professor Thorne huddling over Celebei.

...except for the part where they didn't do any of that.

While Hifumi and Shinya had quite the productive conversation on their way to the forest, the moment that the three reached the opening they heard a growl. Where Shinya reached for her Pokeball, Raquel chose a slower approach;she walked slowly into the clearing until hearing what seemed to be the loudest "GRWAAA" any of them had ever experienced. With a shriek, she bolted out of the foliage with a Ursaring not far behind.

"Ah shit. Raquel, Hifumi get behind me!" Shinya threw out Cinder before jabbing a finger towards his new opponent.

"Alright Cinder, Zen Head-"

Thump.

"Are...are you serious?" Shinya squinted at the giant Pokemon, who was now prone on the ground. Signaling for her Cinderace to stop, she squatted next to the unconscious Ursaring and gave it a poke to ensure it wasn't playing dead.

"Okay Hifumi, you can come out!" the Galarian called out, looking around for either of the two. "Hello? Guys?"

Only silence greeted her as her companions seemed to have abandoned her. It would have been prudent of her to add Hifumi and Raquel as contacts prior to splitting off but thinking ahead wasn't the former Champion's strong suit. Rather, she was an improviser who loved making life harder for herself.

Tsh.

Shinya jolted up, ears perked for another Pokemon. Was it another Ursaring? Some Pokenappers? The legendary she always dreamed of? As the sound of twigs breaking came closer, both she and Cinder readied themselves for an attack. It must have been only five-no four seconds before finally a pink head of hair emerged from the brush.

Oh it's just you, Kaia.

"Oh Kaia! It's you," she exclaimed, "I thought you were with Elo and the rest of 'em?"

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

"If we could find out where they are resting, we might get some answers. I don't think any of us would be able to make it very far." Soft shades of mint and lime painted the air around her as she spoke. "I could send Nesea, but I don't feel comfortable sending her alone. If someone went with her and we tracked them from the surface, I would feel more comfortable. We'd also get a decent map of the layout, which might give us more insight into what we are dealing with."

Maddox looked down at Ares, who on his hind legs stood as tall as the average adult. He would only manage to fit in the tunnels for so long. Still, he knew the Typhlosion wanted to help however he could. Maddox could tell from the stupid glint in his eyes.

"Oh, I'm sure Domino wouldn't mind! He's basically my cave diving buddy, spaces like that don't bother him at all - he'd be more than happy to watch Nesea's back if that'd make you feel a bit more comfortable! Wouldn't you buddy?" Gage glanced over at the Pancham at his side who responded with a quick thumbs up motion, eager to offer his assistance where possible.

“Ares ain't gonna fit all tha way, but he can go as far tha tunnel will let him,”
Maddox offered with a sigh, ignoring the satisfied grin on his Typhlosion's face.
“We got anythin' ta, I dunno, track 'em or somethin'?”

Phoebe stepped forward and answered, "I do, actually! I was hoping to catch one of the Diglett's and put the tracker on them, but this works perfectly." She pulled out a small collar from her purse with a chip hanging from a silver chain. "Domino, can I give this to you? You can wear it for now and leave it in the dirt where you find them. I can keep track of the movement data on my Rotom."
“Alright, then. Go. Don't get yerself stuck 'cause I ain't gonna be able ta pull ya out.”

Maddox watched as Domino led the way, with Nesea and Ares following suit. He bit the inside of his cheek to stop his anxiety in its tracks. They would be fine. If anything happened in the tunnels, he knew Ares would manage and take care of the others if he needed to. It was just... hard not to worry.

“We find 'em and then what? Lure 'em out? Or force 'em out... I'm sure they don't like fire.”
He shrugged.
“Got some berries. Could make a few Poffins and leave 'em in the tunnel. Dunno how much wild Diglett will like 'em, though.”

maddox

farm hand

gage, carter

♡coded by uxie♡

kaia keahi

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

hers

what once was

Kaia hadn't expected to be back in a forest so soon, but she couldn't simply avoid the screams that came from deep within the overgrown trees. Especially when it seemed like the rest of her group had things under control. So, after quickly explaining that she would investigate the source of the noise, she began running into the forest.

What she soon discovered, with Raquel and Hifumi passing her with an unexpected level of athleticism, was that it was her new friends that were potentially in danger.
"Woah, guys! Are you okay?!"
She turned and began to run after them, but it was too late. Plus, wasn't Shinya with them too? Her stomach dropped,

"Oh, no.."
She quickly began sprinting the way the pair came from, following their footprints until she eventually locked her eyes onto an injured Ursaring before looking over to Shinya, "Oh Kaia! It's you," The surfer simply heaved, catching her breath while the other pink-haired woman continued, "I thought you were with Elo and the rest of 'em?"

Rey was out of her pokeball today, flying beside Kaia with a curious eye on the poor bear. Whilst Rey observed, Kaia spoke up,
"I heard Hifumi and Raquel screaming, and thought I should come help, but.."
Green eyes drifted over to the weary-looking Ursaring,
"It looks like this poor guy is the one in need of help."

Almost as if on cue, he sits up and whines softly, pawing at his head. It takes him a few moments to realize Kaia and Shinya are standing there. Ursaring stares at them, as if assessing them both. He then whines again and leans forward to show them a gash on the side of his head. Kaia winced,
"Here, big guy, I can help you out."
The surfer quickly took off her backpack, crouching down and placing it on the forest floor so that she can retrieve one of her healing potions.

"Aha! There it is.."
She mumbled, pulling out the small glass bottle before walking over to him. She looked at him for a moment,
"This might sting, but I swear it'll help."
Kaia hoped the Ursaring wouldn't react too harshly, but she didn't see the harm in helping out a Pokémon in distress. So, she carefully tilted the bottle so that it slowly dropped the healing potion onto the nasty gash. And, just like she promised, the cut began to heal. However, it was slow, and Kaia knew he would need a bandage.

"Shinya, do you happen to have some kind of bandage to cover the wound?"

Before Shinya had the chance to answer, Kaia overheard the sound of someone stumbling towards them. She furrowed her brow in confusion before looking towards the source of the noise. And, lo and behold, a new stranger entered the rather interesting scene.

The woman looked to be hungover, with dark circles around her eyes, and a lit cigarette hanging from her lips. This disheveled look made Kaia a bit wary, looking over to Shinya for some kind of gauge on how she should be reacting. Looking back to the newcomer, she spoke up,
"Um, weird question, but, do you happen to have a bandage on yo-- oh!"

As Kaia spoke, the woman seemed to instinctively make her way over to the Ursaring, brown eyes carefully assessing his current state. Was she a doctor? She sure acted like one. The younger woman did her best to not cough at the proximity of the cigarette smoke, and instead decided to stand up. Taking a few steps back, she eventually stood beside Shinya.

Who the heck was this woman?

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Elozonam Rosamel

mood.

slightly annoyed

outfit.

location.

pokemon lab -> library in beryl

tags.

Most of the things Elozonam said after the Witch's encounter were only half-truths.

Yes, he did believe that going through the museum might help them with finding Ginger. It'd be ridiculous for a place specialized in science and history to not have something that could help them. But he'd be lying if he said that the tour wasn't motivated by pride. He had to give up his own dreams in order to keep the museum afloat, so he wanted to show off as much as he can and, perhaps, regain some of the recognition he felt he had lost.

Not only that, Elozonam's been keeping an eye on some of the more dubious artifacts while the group was checking out the engravements. To put it simply, he believed that at least one of the previous curators played a role on Eunoia's degrading environment. He hated the fact that he benefited from archeological looting, and that he's been complacent in harming the person he idolized. If there was a way to return those artifacts where the belonged, maybe the supernatural beings in Eunoia can finally be at peace.

He had to sit his uncle down about the reason why he's going to leave the museum for a while, even then it was not the whole story. It's not like he could easily say that the random statue in the Goddess Pond was the goddess herself, and that this entire region is doomed if he doesn't go on a journey with a bunch of strangers. Instead, he explained that he's going on a “research expedition.”

His cousin, Aisha, thought that it was an excuse to reunite with his family in Helmfirth and wanted to tag along. But he immediately shut it down and assured her to just focus on her Combeekeeping. After packing his belongings, he waved goodbye as he departed from Windermere, the first time he done so outside of his job.

Elozonam was honestly so glad that he got paired with Teagan this time around. After struggling to keep composure at Warwick’s Bar, it was nice to lower his guard down for a bit.

He had been visiting Beryl City ever since he was a child, mainly to learn from his uncle and to collect artifacts from the Pokemon Lab. It was a shame that Professor Thorne himself wasn’t there to help, though, since she hadn’t return from the forest for quite some time. The dreamers agreed to split up in order to progress with awakening Ginger. And Elozonam, being the dweeb studious person that he was, wanted to check out the library. Kaia was initially part of the library group, too. But after she heard a strange noise coming from where Shinya and the others were supposed to be, he’s now left with his childhood friend.

He only brought Morgo along with him this time, plopping her onto his shoulder. He couldn’t trust Tilak not to keep his grubby little hands off of valuable documents, so he told Virtu to watch him outside the building. With such a quiet and peaceful area, it might help the Hatenna calm down after the strong emotions felt from yesterday. Well, “quiet and peaceful” as it can be.

Teagan tried to approach the librarian who was reading at the counter, asking where they could learn more about the Harvest Goddess and her Celebi. But it wasn’t until his eyes met Elozonam’s that he became enthusiastic. Even when they reached the non-fiction section, the librarian kept this low and smoky voice that seemed too inappropriate for an academic setting.

Elozonam was not the only one who caught on to it, as Teagan stuttered when the librarian offered to find any specific books… while only paying attention to him. Morgo, sensing the discomfort in the room, whimpered.

"I must say this library has quite the collection," he exclaimed, trying to shut down whatever was going on. "I have a passion for literature. Do you know what else I have a passion for? Being productive. Do just that.”

Unfortunately, the librarian didn’t take the hint. "Here are some of my suggestions! They're often texts I recommend to tourists who know nothing about the Harvest Goddess, but want to know more about Eunoia's culture and history~" The librarian offers, pulling out two books.

"Admittedly, if you're looking for something a little more in-depth... These are, how can I say this, a bit impersonal? Very informative, but it's intended for education. We used to have a journal of someone's personal account with a creature they called a Harvest Sprite and I thought that was an amazing addition to our collection."

He sighs and shakes his head. "I would offer it to you, but I'm afraid it was never returned since it was last checked out."

The librarian smiles. "I'm Rowan, by the way. I think I recognize you two. Are you local?" He asks, although it's clear he's more interested in Elozonam's answer than Teagan.

Elozonam was starting to get irritated. He was already a little fatigued from reading about Eunoia’s history at the museum yesterday, but he only had himself to blame for that. What really rubbed him off the wrong way, however, was his childhood friend being treated like an afterthought. If the librarian wanted to flirt with him, he should’ve at least waited until he’s done addressing both of them.

"It’s good to see you, Rowan,” he said. I'm Elozonam, curator of the Eunoian Museum of the Underground. And my dear friend Teagan here manages the local Poke Mart. We’re both from Windermere.”

He patted their shoulder. “With that said, can you share who was the last person to own the journal? Maybe we can help you.”

curator

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

ranger

GAGE

mood

thoughtful, investigative

outfit

broken link

collapsed tracks

interactions

phoebe, maddox, carter

It didn’t take long into their discussion with Phoebe to determine that it might be a good idea to explore the tunnels and see if they could find where the Diglett were hiding out during the day - though Carter was anxious about sending her Pokemon alone and rightfully so. Exploring any sort of cave or cavern alone was risky, it’s why he always had Domino by his side.

"Oh, I'm sure Domino wouldn't mind! He's basically my cave diving buddy, spaces like that don't bother him at all - he'd be more than happy to watch Nesea's back if that'd make you feel a bit more comfortable! Wouldn't you buddy?"
Gage glanced over at the Pancham at his side who responded with a quick thumbs up motion, eager to offer his assistance where possible. It seemed like a no brainer after all - this type of stuff was their bread and butter. He couldn’t count how many times they had gone exploring through caves or cliffs, sometimes just for fun and others to help out a Pokemon in need.

Though a little hesitant as well, Maddox also agreed to have Ares join Nesea and Domino as well down in the caves. He was a bit on the larger side, but on all fours he’d be able to go far and with Domino leading the way Gage was confident they’d be a team to be reckoned with. The only thing left was the tracker, which Phoebe offered to Domino who happily accepted with a confident grin, wearing it with pride as he stepped up to the entrance of the caverns.

He wasn’t always the best at reading other people, but he could sense the anxiety coming from Maddox as he watched his Typhlosion enter into the caverns alongside the other two.
”You know, it’s probably a good thing he’s going along - those caverns will get pretty dark so it’ll be nice to have him light the way.”
He tried to offer a bit of comfort, giving him a friendly pat on the back.
”Besides, if he gets stuck I’ll just crawl in after ‘em! I’ve got a sense of direction like an almanac! Or… an abacus? Atlas! Like an atlas!”
He gave the redhead a confident thumbs up with a wide grin.

It didn’t take long before the trio of Pokemon were out of sight, leaving the rest to discuss their next steps. “We find 'em and then what? Lure 'em out? Or force 'em out... I'm sure they don't like fire.” Maddox shrugged as he spoke, Gage’s body tensing up a bit at the suggestion. “Got some berries. Could make a few Poffins and leave 'em in the tunnel. Dunno how much wild Diglett will like 'em, though.”

”I don’t think we want to try the fire, last thing we want is to hurt the little guys on accident - plus they don’t like heat, it’s why they stay underground,”
Gage responded, rubbing the back of his head in thought.
”Mostly they like to stay underground where it’s cooler and will poke their heads out in caves a lot as well - but they do like plant roots, so I think the poffins are a great idea honestly.”
He gave Maddox a reassuring nod, looking between him, Phoebe and Carter as they continued to brainstorm. It wasn’t often that he had a bit of knowledge on a subject, so he felt happy he could actually contribute for once.

”Honestly if we lay out some poffins made with some plant roots in a nice shaded place they feel comfortable with popping out at, we could probably waft the scent down the tunnels and they’d follow it to the source. Then maybe one of our Pokemon could try and help us communicate to figure out what’s going on.”
He could feel his face scrunching up in thought, trying to see if there was a better alternative.
”Unless you have any ideas that might be better?”
He asked, turning to Carter. At this point any and all suggestions could lead to be the best possible solution.

Carter contemplated for a moment before giving a response. ”If communicating doesn’t work, we should be prepared to capture the ones that come out. They might not venture out again if they realize the poffins were just a lure.” Gage nodded in return - though capturing the little fellas was lower on his list of desires, if it came to it they’d need a way to prevent them from just tunneling away and losing full trust of the team all around.
”Right - hopefully it won’t come to that, but just in case we should have supplies ready to catch them if needed. So we need to get some supplies for the poffins, some supplies to catch them if needed, and a shaded spot where they’re comfortable emerging.”
He turned his head back to Phoebe, eyes glancing back over to the tunnel for just a moment.
”Does it look like they’ve planted the tracker in the ground? Once they’re back I suppose we can round up the supplies to catch them.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Dr. Cosima

Mood:

tired, in a daze

forest, beryl city

Outfit:

She thought Claude was mad at her again initially and gave her an unpleasant dream -- though the dream more than a day ago... she wouldn't necessarily classify as 'unpleasant'. It was odd. Beyond the scope of cruelty her Pokemon could administer. She often forgot her dreams, but this one held her in its mystifying grasp since she woke. After hours, drinking numbed her. She sated her Pokemon by only buying the nicest, comfiest Pokeballs if they felt like retreating for the day. This never applied to MeiMei, an untrained, uncouth companion who hated the confines of a Pokeball. She accompanied her on her days of work. Ever since she embarked on her research journey for unearthed medicines in the region of Euonia, MeiMei faithfully hovered over her shoulder, always. Housed in an inn muddled with empty wine bottles and a waste bin full of cigarette corpses, Genevieve awoke again. Her head pounded. Her breath reeked. She forced herself to ready for the day ahead, which was something she normally did not do until noon. Her body moved mechanically, as if on autopilot. She brushed her teeth, her hair, splashed her face with cold water, and departed from the inn. And she checked out. Without any reason, she checked out, even though she knew her research was not yet over in Windermere.

She stumbled through a forest. Maybe she weaved through a city. Hungover, dazed, dehydrated. A cigarette? Perfect. She lit one, and once she did, she approached an intriguing scene. The daze dissipated, as if she was meant to be there in that very moment. Genevieve stopped to find two girls with pink hair (were they sisters?) fretting over an injured beast. An Ursaring. With the tempers of those bears, she applauded their bravery for being so close. They were doing what they could, rather successfully she thought, but her legs took her closer to really examine the wound. With a cigarette still hanging from her mouth, she stood flanked by these girls. The one with the longer hair reminded her of a Persian with its sharp, tactful leer. The other....

How could I get any work done if she's looking at me like that? Dr. Cosima thought begrudgingly, her cheeks briefly warming. Her small, steady hands went to work on the Ursaring. She carried a small doctor's kit with her always. The girls did what they could in disinfecting the wound, but he needed more. With a pounding head, she worked nimbly to staple the gash and then cover it. That, and some pain cream. The big bear Pokemon seemed to appreciate it as he rose. Genevieve blinks up at him. She thought he would be on his merry way -- and he was.

With her. She gasped, her cigarette falling like a missile into the forest ground (don't smoke kids). The Ursaring lifted her like it was nothing. A wave of nausea hit her. She swallowed thickly and squeezed her eyes shut as he raced away with her in tow. This is unlike this species of Pokemon. She would expect it from other impish Pokemon, but an Ursaring? She groaned softly and tilted her chin up. MeiMei followed her with a gleeful cry. She squeezed her eyes shut again, wondering if either girls would run after her and rescue her. She imagined, briefly, the girl with the shorter hair running. Hmmmm, the doctor hung her head, trying to stave off the nausea and impure thoughts.

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

mood

filler

outfit

filler

tags

"Yeah, he definitely took a tumble trying to attack Raquel," Shinya sighed, shaking her head at the poor Pokemon, "he was lucky I stopped Cinder in time or we would need to haul this thing back to the Poke Center."

Luckily Kaia had a potion which ensured that Shinya wouldn't need to use any of her own.. Sure she had ten of them, but she had to be ready for other, more pressing situations. What if they finally got into battle? She couldn't be caught unprepared!

"Um, weird question, but, do you happen to have a bandage on yo-- oh!"

"No, why would I carry a-oh!" As if to mimic the Alolan's own actions, Shinya turned around to see a tired woman walking over to the injured Ursaring. With a doctor's kit in hand, she seemed well versed in veterinary care so the Galarian had even less to worry about. The older lady could send this thing on its way and be on her way while Shinya and Kaia looked for the professor.

Except...the Ursaring was taking her away.

"THE URSARING IS TAKING HER AWAY!" Shinya yelled, earning what she assumed was the equivalent of a laugh from Cinder. She must have opened and closed her mouth at least three times before deciding to follow the kidnapped woman.

"Kaia come, on!"

I should have knocked this thing out when I had the chance. Shinya broke into a sprint with Cinder not far behind. She might not have been familiar with the forest but she had a bit of experience hunting down Pokemon. Compared to the tiny Bug and Grass types hanging around, the Ursaring's were easy to identify and follow, though Shinya lacked the lung capacity of the energized beast.

She only barely caught up to the Pokemon before she could catch her breath. Her legs were burning and her heart felt like it was beating out of her chest. She wasn't used to running this much and the lack of stretching was really showing. With her hands bracing themselves against her knees, all Shinya could do was shout at the Ursaring.

"Hey!" she huffed, "let her...go!"

Without even looking back, the Ursaring bolted to the leftmost path ahead of it and left Shinya in the dust. As Shinya felt some of the strain melt away, she glanced back to check that Kaia was still following them and that Cinder hadn't strayed too far from her.

"We have to keep moving."

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

Carter

• he

/*right side (scroll)*/

With Nesea and the other Pokemon out of sight, Carter turned her attention to her companions. Occasionally shooting a worried glance towards the tunnel entrance, waiting for the return of the three that had ventured in. So far, into their plan-making, they had ruled out the use of fire, not wanting to harm any of the poor Digletts in the process of flushing them out. In her time working in Poke-medicine, she had seen far too many innocent Pokemon injured due to people hastily wanting them removed.

A food trap, which they had decided on, was the best option in terms of ensuring the safety and comfort of the Digletts, but it left plenty of room for error. A simple wrong movement could spook them enough to not reemerge around people again. If they did fail, they would have to capture as many of the curious Digletts as they could. Even if the damage suggested that catching a few of them wouldn't be effective in stopping the tunneling, it was better than allowing them to return to the cluster and continue to wreak havoc.

Carter was able to breathe a sigh of relief when Nesea returned. While her coat was slightly dirty, she appeared unharmed in any capacity. With the tracker set, it meant the next part of the plan could be set in motion, supply gathering.

Maddox had gone to the local grocer to buy what was needed for the poffins, and Carter who knew nothing of baking had left him to it. The Poke Mart in Beryl City was nothing extraordinary, its stock was practically the same as every other Poke Mart in the area. Still, Carter found herself grimacing at the prices. She already had two Pokeballs, but there was no doubt she would need more if the poffins weren't enough to bribe the Digletts into working with them. Buying five more, as well as an extra potion, Carter mourned the loss of her money. Finishing around in her bag she used the money given by Maddox to buy his share of supplies as well.

Trying to distract herself, she turned towards Gage. "If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do? I've noticed you know quite a bit about the local Pokemon, but you don't seem like a scholar to me," Carter asked, only for her eyes to widen, afraid that her statement would come across as rude, "I mean that you don't seem like a scholar because you seem like you'd get bored staring at books all day, not because I think you are dumb or anything. Not that there is anything bad with enjoying reading if you are into that kind of stuff..." Carter trailed off, forcing herself to stop before she rambled anymore.

Gage looked back at Carter with eyes just as wide, feigning a hurt puppy dog look for a moment before the facade crumbled into a fit of laughter. "What gave away the not-so-scholarly part?" He teased back, wide smile still on his face. "School was never my strong suit, I always found myself to be more... hands on. I'm a Pokemon Ranger, though I'd consider myself a bit of a conservationist as well. I used to be stationed at one spot but I pretty much just travel around now, it's not often that I'm actually around people more than Pokemon nowadays. And what about you? What is it that you do?"

Carter smiled, happy to see that Gage hadn't taken offense. "I studied Poke-Medicine but found clinical work to be kind of boring. Part of the reason I moved to Eunoia was to start a rehabilitation clinic, but it's a work in progress." If all went to plan, it would only take a few months to fix up her house enough to properly get started. Which wasn't likely to happen, as the whole goddess situation already proved to set her back a few days.

After wrapping up her discussion with Gage, the duo made their way toward the town center. Thankfully, Phoebe awaited them with good news—a nearby restaurant had graciously offered the use of its kitchen once the lunchtime rush subsided. Ushering an apology Phoebe explained she had to get back to the research center. Wishing the group good luck she left them to finish their task.

"Rangers tend to be handy, don't they? You wouldn't know how to replace rotting floorboards would you?" Carter asked as they waited for Maddox to return before heading to the restaurant.

coded by weldherwings.

Teagan.

• mood

Socially Awkward

With the librarian, Rowan’s, attention seemingly fully focused on Elo, Teagan politely took the two books he had offered, balancing them in one hand and flipping through them quickly with a frown. A brief look through the contents revealed that just as Rowan had mentioned, both books only had a vague educational purpose rather than anything in depth and personal. Taking a glance around the area revealed that much of the other titles in the section would be the same if not more vague. It was all technical information everyone either already knew, or had been told to them by the Witch. It honestly shouldn’t have been as much of a surprise that the library in a town known for its research wouldn’t have very much in the terms of folklore and overly personal accounts about things that could be seen as myth.

Their attention was brought back fully to the conversation when Elo mentioned their name. They gave Rowan a tight smile and a little wave with the hand that wasn’t holding the books, before handing them back to the librarian, who seemed to have not even realized they had taken them from him. It would have been more amusing at how interested the man was in Elo if they weren’t actively trying to get important information. Teagan thought his idea of getting the journal themselves was a solid plan though, especially if the item could hold a more personalized account of someone having actually met a Harvest Sprite.

After Elo’s offer though, Rowan clicked his tongue, making Teagan’s heart sink a bit. "I would love to have that journal back, but unfortunately I can't just give you a name and address," he answered. "That would be inappropriate... And how would I know that you're not axe murderers?"

Teagan tapped their fingers nervously against their leg, thinking over Rowan’s words. This journal was most likely their best lead, they couldn’t afford to just give up because of some slight push back. They nudged Elo’s shoulder with their own, looking over at him with a slightly apologetic glance before speaking to Rowan. “Well, we could give you something of ours to hold onto as some kind of collateral until we bring the journal to you,” they offered, then hesitantly added, “And we can… give you our… contact information?”

The librarian perked up, eyes flashing to Teagan in what seemed to be interest in them for the first time since their arrival. "Your phone numbers!" He exclaimed, then coughed to compose himself. "Right. That would make it easier for me to get into contact with you both if something happened... And I have been hoping to get that journal back..." Teagan pressed their lips together to hide their nervous smile as they looked over at Elo, hoping that he would be okay with the offer.

They watched as Elo slightly opened his mouth as if trying to protest, but felt a little relieved as he shut his mouth at the last second. He glanced at the anxious Hatenna on his other shoulder, paused for a moment, then… tilted his head with a subtle smile playing on his lips. ”Fine, I’ll be the one to give you something in return. But please be careful with it.” The reaction caught Teagan off guard for a moment and they blinked at their friend before having to bring their hand up to hide the smile that threatened to show, swallowing back a nervous laugh. It would be horrible timing on their part, and could potentially prevent what was happening.

Elo pulled one of his leather journals that was bookmarked with indigo fabric and handed it over, Teagan pulling out their research book with all of their notes and doodles out from their own bag and passing it along with Elo’s journal. ”Here's the collateral," he murmured softly. "And as for the contact info…"

With a slight sigh, Elo scribbled their phone numbers on a piece of paper and passed it over, his smile still gentle but restrained. "There you go," he said, offering the information with a nod. ”Let’s keep in touch for now. We're here to help, after all."

“Now, if you don’t mind, the information for the journal you’re looking for,” Teagan prompted, reminding Rowan of the reason why they were handing over their information in the first place. They weren’t about to let Rowan get what he wanted without giving them what they were looking for in return.

Rowan's eyes sparkled as he took their numbers. "Alright, follow me to the front desk!" He exclaimed, carefully tucking Elo's journal and Teagan’s book in the crook of his arm. Their small group walked back towards the front desk, Teagan standing close to Elo in solidarity, but kept a small space between them. Aelius and Amaris followed just behind them, keeping close.

Once they made it back to the main desk, Rowan set the items they’d both handed over as collateral down to look through some records before finding what he was looking for and scribbling something down on a sheet of paper for them.

"This is the address." Rowan handed them the slip of paper he had just written on. Teagan took it and looked it over, satisfied that it looked to be a valid address and not something nonsense. "Please let me know how it goes! And I will take wonderful care of your journal!"

Together, they moved to leave the library but Teagan paused before they made it out the doors, taking a deep breath. “Thank you,” they said, looking over at Elo with an apologetic look before they couldn’t help but smile, “But that will make for a great story later.”

Normal People Things

Lovejoy

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

kaia keahi

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

hers

what once was

"Of course, I'm right behind you."
The Alolan was determined, and panting. Rey, who remained cheerful, simply chirped before flying past the pair of women towards the Ursaring.

Everything had happened so fast, that all Kaia could do was run after the Ursaring with Shinya. She thanked whatever god (goddess?) was out there for her athleticism, glad for the much needed stamina. Yet, she still remained confused as her brain tried to justify the random twists and turns this Pokémon was taking. Was it leading them somewhere? It seemed like it, especially since it never expressed fear towards them, even now.

There wasn't much room for logical conclusions as the pair of women did their best to keep up with the lumbering Ursaring in the distance. Not until said Ursaring finally gives up chase as he reaches another impasse. He sets Genevieve down and whines in confusion. As he hears the others catching up to them, he attempts to hide behind Genevieve to avoid their assumed anger.

The Ursaring finally notices MeiMei in that moment. He roars softly at the Misdreavus to express its distress in an attempt to earn MeiMei's assistance in avoiding further trouble. He then points his paw to the left path, the right, and then rubs the sides of his head in confusion.

Kaia watched the Ursaring, before bending to rest her hands on her knees,
"I think... I don't think... he's running away."
After giving herself a moment to catch her breath, the pink haired woman continued, sitting up and looking over to Shinya,
"I think he's trying to bring us to... something. I don't know."
She shook her head in mild confusion, resonating with the even more perplexed bear in front of her. She was beginning to feel frustrated with herself, annoyed that she didn't quite have the answers. Yet, how could she? So, instead of letting herself sink into her anger, she focused back on the bear, giving him a side-eye before speaking up,

"Either way, abducting the person who healed you wasn't cool."
At the mention of the helpful stranger, green eyes drifted over to the brunette,
"Are you alright? That had to be a bumpy ride.."

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back