• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom  ❉」EUNOIA ⋮

• filler

A spark of irritation nearly had Maddox grabbing Elozonam by the collar. He couldn't believe they had the nerve to snap at him and pretend like they were nothing more than neighbors. His once warm, earthy tones had darkened into a muddy brown. It almost pissed him off more than Elozonam's cold shoulder. It didn't feel right.

Maddox pushed his frustrations aside and chose to focus as the others spoke up, answering the Witch’s demands to the best of their abilities. He was relieved by Teagan’s level headed response. Green hues filled the air around her. They managed to point out the obvious without getting as angry as he did. He realized he hadn't stopped to consider the questions he should be asking the Witch, instead he had allowed himself to be controlled by his anger and pride. Maddox cursed under his breath and sighed inwardly. It was no surprise he had not stopped to think things through, but it still stung to realize it.

Maddox crossed his arms and chose to stare at the ground while the others continued to speak. The angry burrow of his brow softened at the dried, dead grass beneath his feet. He would have to tell his mother the state the springs were in. Maddox knew the truth would break her heart. He wondered if it would be better for her to stay away, or if the Goddess would benefit more from her prayers.

“The region knows of the blessings given to us by the Harvest Goddess and Celebi, but there is more magic embedded into this land than you know.”

More magic? The redhead raised his head and narrowed his eyes in disbelief. He listened intently to the Witch’s explanation of other magical beings in the region. Maddox had never heard of any warlock or Harvest Sprite. It almost felt like she was just telling tall tales at this point, but he could not disregard the seriousness in her tone.

“I have work of my own to do. I will find you all when the time is right. You are on your own until then. If you have any last words before I depart, speak them now.”

Maddox shook his head. The last thing he wanted to do was continue talking to the Witch and deal with her condescending attitude any longer. She gave them a name, a goal, and a place to start. Even he was smart enough to understand where to go from there. He glanced around at the others and wondered if they felt the same.

“Got nothin' ta say.”

maddox

farm hand

none

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
hopeful, maybe
outfit
link

Each introduction seemed to ebb away the Witch's derision, allowing Shinya to contemplate the older woman's words. More than the Goddess's predicament, the existence of magic threw everything she knew out of the window. Why hadn't Chairman Rose sought out the Goddess when Galar was under crisis? Were Pokemon born from magic too or did they always exist?

She was tempted to ask whether Pokemon could perform magic too, but discarded the thought when the Witch produced a flaming ruby in her palm.

"Nice," Shinya whispered, tempted to reach out and grab the object.

Unfortunately, the fire dissipated and left the Witch in her steeled expression. “I have work of my own to do. I will find you all when the time is right. You are on your own until then. If you have any last words before I depart, speak them now.”

Though the redhead had nothing to say, a question popped up in Shinya's mind. "Do you think you could teach me how to do that trick once we save the Goddess?"

The witch smirked. "If the Goddess is restored, perhaps she will bless you with her magic. I do not have the power to bestow upon you."

"You got a deal, Witch," the Galarian grinned, snapping her fingers toward her.

shinya.
© reveriee

Elozonam Rosamel

mood.

enlightened -> embarrassed

location.

goddess springs in windermere

tags.

@ user

Elozonam sighed as everyone started introducing themselves to each other and the Witch. Surprisingly, only three of them in the group were from Eunoia. He couldn't fathom why she chose individuals who had been in the region for just a year or less, overlooking other Eunoians who might have been more experienced. Maybe it had to do with the town itself? Nevertheless, he recognized he wasn't in a position to criticize her approach to saving the region. After all, the Goddess works in mysterious ways.

Despite feeling uncertain about some of the dreamers, Elozonam was relieved that at least Teagan was here as a familiar face. She had always been a pillar of support and a voice of reason. Although he felt guilty for putting them in a strained friendship, he must admit that they're the glue to the childhood trio. If she hadn't been chosen by the Goddess, he wouldn't be able to look at Maddox in the eye.

After the Witch told the group about the existence of the Warlock and the Harvest Sprites and their predicament, she gave them one last chance to speak before she'll leave. He was in awe that they too existed in reality, especially the Warlock who lived in his birthplace Helmfirth. But aside from a lead to finding Ginger's gem, the Witch didn't share much information about the rest. Considering the unlikelihood of her frequent visits to the group, any information he could learn held immense value, so he needed to make the most of her presence.

The Galarian was the first one to question her when Maddox had nothing to say, though it was in a lighthearted manner. While the Witch found her amusing, Elozonam, ever the stick in the mud, only huffed.

"What about the other sprites?" he asked. "Where would their gems be?"

"If the humans entrusted to care for them did not break their vows, many of them should be with the gym leaders of this region," she answered. "Aqua slumbers in Bellmare. Terra in Calchester. Anil in Alnwick. Cora's location is... unknown at this time."

Elozonam counted his fingers on his left hand, still cradling Tilak and Morgo with his right. It would take at least a month for them to travel around the region, ignoring the amount of breaks they'll take or the obstacles they'll encounter. Adding on the time to search for Cora's whereabouts as well as the gems, it might even take around half a year. Not to mention how expensive it will be-

No, no, he should consider the technicalities once they're done talking to the Witch. What matters was the fact there was a new piece of lore that could help them summon Celebi and understand Eunoia beyond its history books. However, he couldn't figure out which gym leader Cora was related to, since her name wasn't as obvious compared to the others. There's Cassius, the Ghost-type trainer rumored to have a connection to the afterlife. Then, there's Rowan, the Bug-type trainer who lived in a town that rivaled Windermere in their devotion. He once saw a report on the news detailing their absence, and if the Sprites behaved similarly to their partners, then maybe that could be the reason for Cora's ambiguous location.

"Does it have to do with Rowan's disappearance?"

The Witch squinted. "Who?"

"The gym leader from Eanverness," he clarified. "They've been gone for two months so I thought it might be connected."

She shook her head. "I have not been following human affairs."

Elozonam glanced around the crowd of people, trying to maintain his composure after realizing how dumb his question actually was. Of course she wouldn't know what happened with Rowan, she was never known for her interest in humans. "... I see, that's all the questions I have. Thank you."

Virtu the Haxorus, slowly popping out from the forest, tried to check his expression when he avoided eye contact. But now he was staring intently at the sleeping Impidimp and Hatenna in his arms.

curator

♡coded by uxie♡

Still Feel

Half Alive

Forest Spring

interactions

Answer

Teagan looked down at Aelius and Amaris as the others continued to introduce themselves and ask questions, placing each of her hands on the top of their heads and petting them to keep them and herself calm. They were sure she should have more questions herself, but they couldn’t think of anything that either hadn’t already been asked, or that the witch had implied that she wouldn’t know. Already she was thinking about what came next, and the implications that they would be away from home for a long while. Would their aunt and uncle be okay while they were gone?

They were sure that no matter what, their aunt and uncle would support any decision they made, including leaving on an important trip in order to save the Harvest Goddess. A huff of a laugh shook her shoulders at the thought, looking back up at the surrounding group again. They were gathered personally by the goddess to find Celebi… it almost felt like she was still dreaming, but the feeling of the cold, rough ground beneath her and the chill of the early morning air was enough to convince her that this was real. Her gaze landed first on Elo, then on Maddox. Through childhood, there was one thing that Teagan could always count on, if Elo couldn’t figure it out with books, Maddox would fix it with brute strength. It was something that they’d always found exciting about their group, and how well their cohesion worked together. But it had been a long while since that dynamic had been present. Already they were worried about the tension between them, but a part of them couldn’t help but be hopeful that maybe this unified mission was exactly what they needed.

The others seemed to have good heads on their shoulders as well. Nothing in their interactions had come off as off putting to them, though the curiosity of what brought them all to Windermere of all places intrigued them. One of them looked slightly familiar, but they couldn’t quite place their finger on it at the moment, something nagging them in the back of their mind that they pushed off for now. It wasn’t like there wouldn’t be time to figure it out later with them all to be setting out on this journey together.

Staying seated, Teagan let the rest of the group finish up their last thoughts to the witch before she departed, figuring that though this conversation was coming to a close, there was still much to be discussed between the group that was still gathered here.

Teagan

♡design by sirnateunknown, coded by uxie♡

hifumi

In the midst of an unusual place, an unusual situation, surrounded by unusual individuals - the sight of a familiar face brought a sense of comfort and reassurance. Maintaining the smile aimed at the witch, Hifumi shifted his gaze toward Raquel upon the mention of his name. Despite the palpable tension in the atmosphere, it was a relief to see that she remained her outgoing self. However, Hifumi couldn't summon the same assurance about his own demeanor, feeling a conflict within himself on how to navigate this rather complex situation.

As the collective unease began to dissipate, both from the witch and the others present, Hifumi felt a gradual easing of his guard. The stiffness that had settled in his shoulders, a response to the thick atmosphere, started to lift. Tulissa, who also found comfort in the familiar, expressed her joy at spotting someone she knew. With a subtle wave, she extended a silent but warm greeting to Raquel.

As he surveyed everyone in a new light, one less stressed about the situation at hand, Hifumi noticed a black-haired ranger attempting to lighten the mood—or so it seemed. While the joke was undeniably awful, there was a certain charm to it that Hifumi couldn't help but appreciate. As he made eye contact with the ranger, Hifumi responded with a sly wink and an inviting smile - thinking God he’s corny but he’s cute.

As the witch, now more inviting, began to unfold additional details about their unfolding adventure, Hifumi found himself lost in thought. "Beryl.." he whispered to himself, attempting to recall why the name seemed familiar. After a few moments of reflection, it hit him. It was the city recommended by the hostess of his lodgings, a place teeming with various Pokémon species—an ideal destination for creative inspiration.

As the memory of the hostess, a sweet and warm-hearted elderly woman, played in his mind, Hifumi felt a surge of motivation. Though this area might not be what Hifumi considered his home, it undoubtedly held a special place in her heart. The mere notion of her potentially losing that cherished home tugged at Hifumi's heart, strengthening his resolve to embark on this unexpected mission.

"No concerns from me. Just let us know when to start." Hifumi declared with a raised fist, radiating enthusiasm. He glanced down at Tulissa, who met his gaze and mirrored his gesture with her own tiny fist. Ready for action, Hifumi was prepared to embark whenever, no questions asked. He wasn’t much of a thinker, or a planner, anyway.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

kaia keahi

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

hers

what once was

So many questions were answered as time passed, introductions seemingly easing the tension that hung in the air. Kaia, however, realized quickly that five out of the group knew each other already. Meanwhile, the only face she recognized was the brunette's, who currently sat crisscrossed on the grass beneath them. A local who ran the shop near the bed and breakfast she stayed at. Should she try to say hi?

Uncertainty left Kaia frozen, hands still gripping the blue straps of her backpack. What a weird feeling. Normally, she thrives when meeting a group of strangers. Right now, after hearing them speak of gyms and so many unknowns, she thought it better to remain silent. Why speak when you have nothing to say?

The feeling left her wondering why the Goddess chose her of all people. Insecurity slithered its way into her mind, distracting her from the information the Witch gave Elozonam, and everyone's eagerness to get this journey started. How would Lola feel about this? As of now, she was stowed away in the comfort of her Pokeball, unaware of the major bomb that had been dropped on Kaia.

The sound of movement willed Kaia to lift her gaze from the ground to the source, seeing that the brunette she had met a few days prior was beginning to leave.

"Oh! Um, should we all... meet up for coffee? I'd love to get to know everyone. I think we'll make a great team, as long as we can take a breather and relax with one another, yeah?"
Maybe it was a little too forward, asking the rag-tag group to meet up for breakfast right after being dumped a ton of life-altering information. Kaia didn't mind, though, keeping her features lifted with a gentle smile. Nervousness was evident in the way that she shifted her weight in the dirt, calloused hands holding onto her backpack as if it were a life preserver.

♡coded by uxie♡

Carter

• he

/*right side (scroll)*/

Carter wanted to bombard the Witch with so many questions, but as she opened her mouth to speak—her mind turned blank—Carter found herself speechless unable to form a coherent thought. It was as though the flood of questions had evaporated. Leaving her alone with the drought in her mind.

Seeking comfort Carter turned to Nesea. The normally fickle Pokemon was already glancing toward her, an uncharacteristically empathetic gaze clear in its large irises.

There was a silent understanding between them. This was real and it was crazy, but everything was okay.

“No questions from me…” she trailed off.

Kaia's gentle smile and earnest invitation broke through the tension, offering a glimmer of normalcy.

Nesea nuzzled against Carter’s hand, almost as if nudging her in agreement. A shared moment of respite over a cup of coffee sounded nice.

A faint smile tugged at the corners of Carter's lips as she nodded in agreement, "Yeah, coffee sounds good."

original theme: roald theme
coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:

scroll

ranger

GAGE

mood

invigorated

outfit

goddess' spring

interactions

Witch, Group

tags

N/A

If one thing was certain, it seemed that the Witch had finally become a little more open to their arrival now that they had introduced themselves. Although still hesitant, she was more willing to open up and accept their help as the Goddess had requested… and perhaps she also enjoyed his joke. If the wink and smile that the pink haired fashion expert had given him in return was any sort of hint then his joke had landed perfectly after all which was enough to have him sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

”The region knows of the blessings given to us by the Harvest Goddess and Celebi, but there is more magic embedded into this land than you know.” Even more magic? He wasn’t really one to doubt, but this was a lot to take in all at once. What even was her ‘magic’? Did her powers go beyond compelling the fiery redhead at the other side of the ground to give her the answers she was looking for? Could she change the weather? Could she make a vegan breakfast burrito appear out of thin air? He could really go for a vegan breakfast burrito right about now.

”I am a product of Eunoia’s magic, as is the warlock who hides away in Helmfirth. There are others, however, born from the Goddess’ magic instead. It is said that only those with pure intentions can see them. They are known as Harvest Sprites.”

Gage nodded along, taking in all of the information to the best of his ability while trying to prevent his mind from wandering a little too much. He jumped a bit as a flame was born from her hands, his body tensing up as he was ready to leap into action - he had been around to tame one too many wildfires before. It became quickly apparent that the flame in her hands, however, was under her complete control as the Witch continue to explain about the Harvest sprites.

Sprites. Gems. Ginger - not the spice. Ashborne. Beryl. He took mental notes as she continued to explain, Domino nodding along similarly while perched on his shoulder. Then, just as quick as the flames had appeared they extinguished as she closed out her speech. ”I have work of my own to do. I will find you all when the time is right. You are on your own until then. If you have any last words before I depart, speak them now.”

Most of the others seemed to have wrapped up their questions. The long haired guy asked a good question that brought more information about the rest of the sprites’ gems which he was sure would come in handy in the future which was better than any question he could’ve thought up.

”Oh! Um, should we all… meet up for coffee? I’d love to get to know everyone. I think we’ll make a great team, as long as we can take a breather and relax with one another, yeah?”

His eyes fell back to the Alolan - Kaia she had introduced herself - and returned her question with a big smile.
”That sounds like a great idea! I’d be down for coffee. Have any of you guys ever had tin can coffee? I’ve got an empty bean can I cleared out and I make the best hot roasted coffee over a campfire. I promise it’s better than it sounds,”
He offered, turning to his side to unzip a small portion of his bag to dig around for the empty and dented tin can. He stopped after a moment, pulling out a small bright yellow tube instead.

”Oh also, no questions from me either Miss Witch but uh… I don’t know if floating rubies in magical hand fires are actually hot, but I have some burn cream if you need it.”
He gave her a tooth grin, holding up tube before stuffing it back into his bag.
”Just let me know!”

♡coded by uxie♡

raquel. —

scroll

mood
determined & hungry

outfit

tag
eunoia gang!

Of all things pertaining to the scene laying out before her at hand, the last thing Raquel expected to see was the witch's solemn acceptance of the situation & said witch creating a gem in her palm. Were anyone to look over at the woman, they'd find a bewildered expression upon her features. There was no effort in masking her shock upon hearing the witch speak.

Comparative to the rest of crowd, she was older & growing set in her ways; to see her world view shattered in the matter of a moment was... something else. Her posture went slack in the smallest way, made apparent by the way Lady stiffened at her side to support her weight; Raquel's hand steadied herself atop of the Pokémon's round head.

After her initial introduction, the blonde went silent in her effort to follow along the conversation. She'd been truthful when she initially said that most of this went over her head. In her attempt, her brow did her furrow as the crowd spoke, though her arms crossed in her discomfort.

The longer the conversation went, did she settle into the belief that magic was real; something she tried to emulate on the stage was something within reach & deeply fascinated her. When all was said & done, Raquel popped back from her the slouch she'd sunk into Lady.

"Oh my gosh, sweets," Raquel's head darted between the pink-haired girl & the hunk that she—at one point—followed Hifumi's gaze towards, "That's such a good idea. We're going out for breakfast? Okay, let me head back to change & I'm—again—so down. I'll cover us all, too! I've got, like, a list of all the cute spots to hit up."

At this point, she'd returned to her usual animated self that only deflated in realizing, "Oh, um... Does anyone have, um, like, a ride? I don't... Um... I'm not from here &, like, one hike is enough for me today..."

© weldherwings.

vitale.

• mood

still irritated, STILL prudent

Vitale remained silent as The Witch continued to explain the roles they were expected to play in the Harvest Goddess’s revival, casually demonstrating magic and revealing the existence of others like herself– how they sustain the very region they found themselves in. You know. As one does. It was one thing to see such abilities in a dream and another for them to be on display right in front of him, followed by the very workings of life itself within a region to be laid out like it's something so easily understood. Perhaps he was right to hold his tongue, not just to spare himself from The Witch’s ire, but to gauge everyone’s reactions going forward.

A good number of the dreamers were all too eager to begin their little quest, one even attempting to bargain for a similar magic the witch had on display once this was all over. He had to admire Shinya’s brazen request, being an opportunist himself, but did she really believe in…everything that just happened so readily? Sure, it was hard to argue with someone who clearly had displayed abilities far from anything a mortal being could possess, but surely there had to be some who were questioning the hand they’ve been dealt here.

As more of the group began to speak up Vitale ran a hand through his dark locks, attempting to mask the hesitant look that was on his face moments prior with a flip of his hair and a bright smile at Kaia’s suggestion.

“Agreed, taking a moment to collect ourselves and our thoughts is a welcomed idea,”
He nods in approval, stopping when Gage offers to brew the group coffee out of a…tin can…and proceeds to be the second person he’s filed under “do not let talk to mystical beings freely” by offering burn cream to a woman who just summoned and extinguished flames before their very eyes.
“Plus, I doubt any of us can process how to go from here properly on low sleep and an empty stomach.”

놀러오세요 동물의 숲 (Animal Crossing)│4A.M.

Pair Piano

♡coded by uxie♡

mood: intrigued

And then came the rest of the introductions; Purple eyes flashing, Hemlock took in with quiet amusement the unconventional group that had gathered— an odd bunch of individuals colorful in both style and personality. Hemlock could only raise his brow at the peculiarities of some of their greetings. It was difficult imagining such a unique ensemble could receive a divine message, but then again, life's surprises often defied expectations, including his own.

As the witch continued on, Hemlock rifled through his pockets in hopes of unearthing some notebook or even a stray piece of paper. Finding nothing, he improvised, opting to jot down notes on his own arm instead. The dark ink of his pen seeped into his pale skin, much to the dismay of his concerned Mimikyu, as he etched hastily the words that spilled from the witch’s divine lips. The mention of “harvest sprites” was a topic entirely novel to his years of study, greatly piquing his scholarly interest. Harvest sprites with magical gems… Well, they definitely didn’t teach this at the academy. Hemlock almost chuckled at the thought but remained focused on the witch, even as his Lampent joined in on Mimi’s nosy prodding.

“…From what I remember, Ginger was quite fond of Beryl. I suggest you start there.”

At the mention of Beryl, the professor and his pokémon perked up with a shared sense of familiarity. The professor, having often ventured to Beryl for research, felt a comforting connection to the city mentioned and couldn’t hide the wide smile that crept up his visage; Hemlock was relieved that the witch was gracious enough to tip them in on a key location, and one that he was familiar with. Perfect.

“I have work of my own to do. I will find you all when the time is right. You are on your own until then. If you have any last words before I depart, speak them now.”

With a thoughtful expression, the professor paused his note taking, stepping forward once more. He looked to the witch as he finally voiced the question that had been itching at him since Celebi was first mentioned.

“Forgive my curiosity, but I'm particularly fascinated by pokémon and Celebi is one that we do not know much about.” Hemlock began, choosing his words carefully. “Would it be possible for me to observe and document Celebi’s presence to be shared with the world? Studying it could contribute greatly to expanding our knowledge as researchers, and I assure you, it's with the utmost respect for its divine presence.”

The Witch raised her eyebrow. ”You will have to find Celebi first," She reminded him. ”But even if you are successful, it is not my place to grant you permission. Even the Goddess knows Celebi has a mind of its own. Although, perhaps if Celebi is lost in time it will want to show its gratitude."

The professor merely nodded at the witch’s response, retreating to a spot in the back as others asked questions of their own. New ideas circled through his head like the ethereal sprites they were looking for, each carrying new questions that begged for answers. Caught up in his thoughts, the man was completely oblivious to the surge in conversation around him, and directed his attention to his pokémon instead. A triumphant smirk replacing his contemplative expression.

“Hear that? There’s a new mystery to unravel!” Hemlock declared animatedly to his pokémon, fully immersed in his own world. It was a rather one-sided conversation, considering his pokémon could only respond in certain sounds. To the outsider, it might have appeared an unusual sight— a man deeply engrossed in dialogue with voiceless creatures. Yet the professor cared little for the peculiar glances thrown his way.

It was only when his exasperated Mimikyu nudged him that Hemlock remembered there were others present. Oh, right. The professor almost groaned in annoyance at the reminder, before snapping out of his reverie via a hard whack from his Lampent. “Hey!“ He started, but complaining was futile when he had a job to do. Clearing his throat, the man plastered on his best grin and turned to address the others.

"So, what's this I hear about coffee?" Hemlock began, but his line of questioning was promptly interrupted by the curious intrusion of his Greavard. The canine, with an expectant gaze, had sniffed around a woman with bright green hair, its expressive eyes seemingly awaiting the attention it sought—a pat on it’s head.

“No, come back boy! Erm- apologies for Floofie, hope he didn’t startle you. You’re Raquel right? I’m afraid I don’t have a ride, I’m new to this particular area myself, but I’ve noticed cars are not as common here. Small town and all that, I suppose.” At this, the white haired man turned his attention to the three…friends? He knew little—that is to say he knew nothing—about the others, but at the very least the Windermere locals seemed to have history together. “Maybe one of the locals would have a better idea of traversing this place.”

song title

༻ ꧂

♡coded by uxie♡

• intro

where have you gone

christoffer franzen

prompt.

T
    he Witch takes her leave as the morning fog begins to roll in. Her magic lingers in the air a few moments before finally dissipating. The uncertain silence that follows is almost unsettling. Then, a heavy sigh cuts through the tension.

"Well, this looks like a problem." The local bar owner and former Galarian champion, Warwick, crosses his arms as he observed the Goddess statue. "I missed the beginning, but I think I got the gist of what's going on." He approaches the statue and shakes his head. "Shame it had to come to this."

Warwick turns and looks around at the group. His frown lightens up as he chuckles, placing his hands on his hips. "Looks like you all have an adventure on your hands. I don't imagine it'll be easy, but I bet it'll be unforgettable." His eye twinkles with amusement. "I don't blame you for feeling a little overwhelmed. Why don't you guys take an hour to let everything sink in and then swing by my bar for take coffee. I'll fix you something to eat and help you put together a game plan."

He nods and clasps his hands together. "I'm Warwick, by the way! Forgot some of you aren't locals."

- - -

An hour later, Warwick welcomes the group into his bar. "Pot of coffee is fresh. There's milk, cream, sugar. I'm going to cook something up. Why don't you guys pick out some tables and talk things through? I'll be in the back if you need me."

intro

cast

the goddess, huh?

looks like there's
work to do

time

7am

date

november 14th

warwick's bar, windermere

scene

prologue, scene 2: save the goddess

ooc

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

• filler

The redhead had not anticipated Warwick to show up at the springs, but his presence grounded Maddox nonetheless. He held the bartender and former champion in high regard. Although he would not admit it, some part of Maddox even looked up to him. Warwick's calm, sound advice assured him that it was okay to feel overwhelmed. This whole situation was a lot to take in and Maddox did not need to pretend otherwise. He just needed to take a second to step back and think things through. He would do that. Totally.

Maddox took a deep breath and turned to Teagan,
“I'm gonna head back ta the farm and get Ares something ta eat. I'll meet ya at the bar.”

With some reluctance, he also chose to address the crowd.
“We ain't got regular taxis here, car or Corviknights. We got some Mudsdale and that's 'bout it. Dunno if tha ranch is open for calls yet, though.”
Maddox pulled out his Rotom.
“Here, call 'em and see. I'm walkin'.”

- - -

Maddox ran his hands down his face, pressing his palms into his eyes. His ma was awake when he got home. Maddox tried to tell her what happened and fell short. He knew he would have to tell her before the end of the day, but he struggled to bring himself to do it. Maddox hated when his ma got upset and he knew this would break her heart. On top of that, he knew how ridiculous it would sound for him to say he was going to fix everything.

Ares huffed, standing on his hind legs to gently push Maddox out of his thoughts.
“I know, I'm bein' self-deprecatin'.”

Opting not to continue wallowing in self-doubt, Maddox departed from his home once again with Ares in tow. His ma was only mildly suspicious about his unusual morning activities. More than that, she was pleased to see him out of the house. The walk from the farms to the bar wasn't particularly long, but it wasn't exactly short either. He arrived right on time.

The first thing Maddox noticed was round, blubbery Spheal standing beside one of the pink-haired girls from earlier. Kaia. The Spheal was at the springs too, he realized, but Maddox had been too focused on the Goddess to really care. He hated water-type Pokémon.

Ares, on the other hand, did not share the same resentment towards the Pokémon type he was vulnerable against. The Typhlosion approached the Spheal with a curious expression. He blinked once, twice. Then he raised a paw and attempted to roll the Spheal over like a ball. "Phlosion."

Maddox groaned.
“It ain't a toy,”
He hissed, shooting Ares a knowing glare. He snickered in response and circled around the Spheal.
“This beach ball yours?”
He questioned Kaia.

"Yep! This is my sweet Cove. He was a huge help with the kids when we taught surfing lessons together. Kept the little ones calm." His eyes were trained downward as she spoke, watching while the Spheal performed tricks for Ares. "You and Ares have a tight bond, no doubt you guys have known each other for years, right?"

He shifted in place.
“Uh, yeah,”
Maddox answered flatly.
“I'm goin' inside. Ares, c'mon.”

Instead of listening, Ares stood up on his hind legs to look over at the incoming Mudsdale. It seemed the ranch had been open after all. Maddox squinted at the two riding atop the Pokémon before shrugging his shoulders in disinterest. That is, until he realized neither of them could get the Mudsdale to stop its cantering. They would crash into someone, and Maddox knew a Mudsdale could easily trample over them. City people were so useless.

Maddox whistled loud and clear.
“Put yer hand on its neck and shorten the rein! Pull it towards ya and it'll move in a circle!”
He yelled at the pair riding it.
“Keep yer ball close to ya,”
He added to Kaia in afterthought.

He walked over as Mudsdale's circled widely around the area. Each turn made the circle grow smaller and smaller as its speed dwindled. Maddox scowled as he waited for the right opportunity to reach for the Mudsdale's saddle, jogging to keep up with its pace. He recognized the seemingly out of place grey streak in its mane.
“Pearl, I know yer doin' this on purpose,”
He accused the Mudsdale, who huffed indignantly in response.
“I ain't bringin' ya anymore Spelon if yer tryin' to bully tha tourists.”

Pearl neighed, and finally brought herself to a slow and steady stop. Maddox took the opportunity to finally look at the two people riding her. He had already met Raquel before the incident with the Goddess, but the painfully pink guy... Shit, what was his name? Hif... umi?

“I think yer both gonna have to get used to walkin',”
Maddox muttered, avoiding eye contact with either of them for too long.
“She knows how to get home.”

"Ahah! Wait, that's so funny. I'll tell you one thing, kid: this is gonna be, like, a loonnnnng l'il save-the-world journey if you think that's happening," Raquel responded.

Maddox scowled at her choice of words.
“Then I'll leave without ya, grandma.”

Entirely oblivious to all of the commotion, Warwick popped his head out from the bar door. "What are you all standing around for? Come inside!"

Maddox reluctantly did as he was told, Raquel, Kaia, and Hifumi in tow. He slid over to the coffee the moment Warwick pointed it out. He didn't normally drink caffeine, but after everything that already happened Maddox had a feeling he would need it. He added a bit of milk and a single sugar cube to his pour.

He eyed the trio as he waited for the coffee to cool, unsure of exactly what to say. They needed to come up with a game plan. Something to keep everyone on the same page. Maddox glanced around to see the others were already congregating into other smaller groups. He guessed they would all come together in the end, probably once Warwick was done cooking.

“So, ya three are actually gonna help? This ain't even yer region.”
Maddox's pessimism was as reliable as ever.
“Forget it... I dunno if I'll get it no matter what ya say. Anyway, Beryl ain't far from here. Just the next town over. Only place I can think of to start askin' questions is tha professor's place.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Elozonam Rosamel

mood.

concerned

location.

warwick's bar in windermere

Elozonam was honestly disappointed that some of his fellow dreamers would rather drink coffee than ask the Witch questions. Does she even like coffee? Even if she does, would she accept it from a human? Well, it's convenient that Warwick appeared, so at least they'll be able to settle down after the information overload. He probably intended to give an offering to the Goddess, as is tradition with the locals in Windermere. Though they were lucky that Warwick seemed more calm about the discovery, he couldn't help but wonder what would happen if anyone else found out about the statue in the springs. He hoped no one would dare move the Goddess by then.

He turned his head to Maddox, who informed Teagan about going back to his farm before telling everyone else about Windermere's lack of transportation. Elozonam debated whether or not he should also leave to check out the museum. Now that he was given an opportunity to travel around Eunoia, he should keep track on some of the... important artifacts for the future. However, it would take hours to maintain every exhibit and he doubted that the dreamers will be patient enough to wait for him, so maybe he could do it after breakfast. Besides, separating from the group would make it look like he's following Maddox, and he did not want anyone pointing that out.

"Unless you all want to call the ranch, it's best we start walking-" He paused, realizing he forgot something he should've done earlier. "Oh dear, it seems I neglected to introduce myself. I'm Elozonam, curator of the Eunoian Museum of the Underground. It's the humble brick farmhouse lying in the outskirts of town, but rest assured its much more than meets the eye."

Elozonam sat down in one of the booths where Shinya, Gage, and Carter were in, waiting for their drinks to arrive. Virtu, meanwhile, was tending to Tilak and Morgo, who had woken up, at a separate seat away from the stools. Pokemon of all evolution stages were out of their pokeballs, so hopefully the Impidimp won't cause any mischief or overwhelm one of them.

To be frank, he couldn't think of anything he had in common with them outside of their mission. He was never the athletic type like Maddox, nor was he approachable like Teagan. He doubted that he could peak the interest of a champion and a Pokemon ranger, though he probably had a better chance at getting along with the Poké Rehabilitation Center owner.

"Well, since we're about to start our journey, it's time we plan ahead," Elozonam declared, cutting straight to the chase.

"Obviously, we'll be going to Beryl first since it's only a route away from here. But since you all came from different regions, I think it would be a good idea for you all to study more about Eunoia's history to prepare for the other gems. How about we visit my museum before we leave town?"

curator

♡coded by uxie♡

kaia keahi

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

hers

what once was

Kaia wasn't sure what to expect, but she was glad to find that her offer was met with multiple warm welcomes, and even an eager offer by Gage of... tin can coffee? Kaia couldn't help but be curious,
"You'll definitely have to serve some when we're all out on the road, Gage."
An amused smile lifted her features, before green eyes drifted over to the rest of the group. Raquel's mention of changing clothes only made the Alolan more aware of the goosebumps that rose all over her skin, thanks to the chilly morning air. This made her nod in agreement, whilst she listened to the rest of what the group had to say.

Hemlock mentioning the locals willed Kaia to bring her gaze over to the trio, all three vastly different from one another. It must be a lot for them, to have the rest of the group so dependent on the three. Kaia's brow furrowed slightly, before she spoke up,
"Well, I remember the way, we could all walk togeth-"

A deep sigh cuts her off, "Well, this looks like a problem." His voice stilled Kaia, making her wonder where she had seen this guy from. Maybe he was a local, like the others?

The more he spoke, the more this familiar-looking stranger helped Kaia stay grounded. He seemed to have that affect on most of the group, green eyes observing the locals and how familiar they were with him. "Why don't you guys take an hour to let everything sink in and then swing by my bar for some coffee." That's where she knew him! The bar! She had only been once, since she wasn't much of a drinker, but she remembers the place being rather charming.

"Thanks, Warwick, you're a lifesaver."

Her brief thanks was followed by Maddox's blunt summary of how to get home, which made it more clear to Kaia that she would be walking. She didn't mind, of course. Hiking would help her mull things over with Rey and Cove.

--

After Kaia took a hot shower and changed, Rey decided to take a rest in her pokeball.
"Honestly, I understand. That was a lot for us all, huh?"
The Alolan mumbled, before seeing her friend off to sleep. Looking down, green eyes met black, round ones.

"You really aren't tired?"
Cove shook his head, chirping with a small hop before rolling around her feet once. The pink haired woman chuckled, before walking back downstairs and out the front door,
"Come on, goofball."

--

Kaia decided to listen to Maddox, noting the several ball-related nicknames he's been giving Cove. She scooped him up at the sight of the stampeding Mudsdales, eventually making her way inside with the group.

Once sat at one of the booths, Cove decided to sit at Kaia's right side, with her backpack. The pink haired woman allowed herself to pour a few vanilla creamer packets inside her mug. Taking a sip, she listened to Maddox.

"So, ya three are actually gonna help?" Ouch. Why else does he think they came here? “Forget it... I dunno if I'll get it no matter what ya say." It became clear that Maddox wasn't the listening type. "Anyway, Beryl ain't far from here. Just the next town over. Only place I can think of to start askin' questions is tha professor's place.”

His accent was interesting, familiar to some of the vacationing tourists she met back home. Maybe she met some Eunoians without even knowing it? Placing her mug back down on the booth, Kaia decided to be the first to speak up.

"Well, I agree. We should use any and all of the hints and tips the Witch gave us. But, um, can you tell me more about Beryl?"
Kaia quickly looked over at Hifumi and Raquel,
"Unless you guys have been, too! I personally only left the islands less than a week ago. I'm.. pretty fresh to all this."
Saying it out loud reminded the Alolan of how silly she felt on this adventure. Yes, she is a traveller, but what does she know of the world?

Nothing, that's what.

♡coded by uxie♡

vitale.

• mood

sheepish

As The Witch departed, a new voice signaled the appearance of yet another person– the goddess’s spring was turning out to be a more popular place than Vitale would have given it credit for. A more cynical side of himself silently wondered if this really was the best rendezvous point for the dreamers, considering how easily it was found.

Putting his petty annoyances aside for the time being, Vitale turned his attention towards the newcomer. Blessedly, it seemed that Galar’s former champion, Warick, was offering his bar as a place for them to reconvene and use for their brief respite. His convenient timing had the raven haired man wondering if he was also summoned to this place like the others— that, or Vitale’s previous criticisms were just validated. Regardless, he knew better than to look a gift Rapidash in the mouth. He’d rejoin the group after weighing his options…and making himself more presentable, of course.

As if she could sense her trainer’s intentions, Selene simultaneously turned to start them on their way back home and to give Vitale an admonishing glare in one swift motion. He knew that familiar look, it practically screamed ‘play nice, or else’. It never failed to surprise him, however. Successfully intimidated by his own Pokémon, he decided to at least make his departure known so he wouldn’t seem rude— and keep Selene from bucking him off for not listening.

“Great suggestion Warwick, one that my friend here seems eager to follow through with,”
Vitale chuckled while giving Selene a light pat, earning an exasperated snort from the Galarian Rapidash.
“Looking forward to getting on with our journey, everyone.”

———

After an hour of ranting to his poor Pokémon while getting ready, Vitale had recomposed himself and arrived at Warwick’s bar. The short trek was made even shorter thanks again to his semi-trusty steed, though the tired nudge and flat stare she gave him as he dismounted was a clear sign that she had no plans to make this a regular occurrence.

“I know, girl, I’m sorry. You just know how important this is more than I ever could, don’t you?”
He muttered to himself as he returned Selene to her Luxury Ball, hoping she’d at least calm down while inside.

As Vitale entered the building, it appeared that his fellow dreamers and their Pokémon had already begun gravitating towards those they knew or got along well with– he’d better do the same if he didn’t want to be completely out of the loop. Finding a local would be a good place to start. Hedging his bets on the professor and the more reserved resident out of the bunch, he approached Hemlock and Teagan with an apologetic look and faux smile on his face in an attempt to garner sympathy.

“I don’t suppose either of you would know anything about our next destination…Beryl, was it? I apologize if anyone has pestered you about this prior to me, considering the amount of non-Eunoia residents our merry little band of dreamers has, I just want to be able to keep up is all.”

Pair Piano

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
hopeful, maybe
outfit
link
tags
tsurene tsurene (elozonam), death to birds death to birds (gage), ven ven (carter)

"Well, this looks like a problem."

Shinya turned around, her face suddenly lighting up in excitement. Was that really Warwick, the retired champion himself? Green eyes, a mop of curly black hair, and a touch of stubble made him look like any well-aged fifty-something, but his signature scar? That made him the real deal.

She'd followed his career ever since she could use a Rotom-phone, begging her grandma to use the television, sneaking off to watch his matches, and even fantasizing about dating him the big battle where she'd dethrone him!

Alas, it was not meant to be. He retired before she could ever meet him and she had to settle for defeating some no-name with a Charizard.

Rotor seemed to catch on to her starstruck demeanor, giving her back a gentle zap to snap her out of her lingering gaze.

"Fff-OI! What was that for?" Shinya cursed into her sleeve, shooting a glare towards her Rotom before hearing Elozonam introduce himself. "Well, I'm Shinya, champion of Galar and a new arrival. I can convince Corvis to take another one of us, if none of you mind riding without a mount."

---​

Eventually everyone met up in one of the booths at the bar, though Shinya felt a bit guilty letting all of her Pokemon roam around the already cramped bar. Though Drago could phase in and out of objects as he pleased, Corvis had roughly two feet of clearance upon squeezing into the building. Still, the Corviknight seemed content to eat her pellets (between spitting them at Drago).

"Obviously, we'll be going to Beryl first since it's only a route away from here. But since you all came from different regions, I think it would be a good idea for you all to study more about Eunoia's history to prepare for the other gems. How about we visit my museum before we leave town?"

"Seems like a waste of daylight to stick around town," she said, sipping her coffee. "Can't you just tell us what we need to know on the way there?"

shinya.
© reveriee

Teagan.

• mood

Socially Awkward

As the witch’s lingering magic slowly faded into the morning fog, Teagan’s eyes drifted from where the witch had been standing to the statue of the Goddess, studying the statue's features once more. Though they only had a slight feeling as to why they were here with the group, they made a silent promise to do everything in their power to ensure that Celebi was found. The heavy weight of that responsibility settled like a rock in their stomach, but their determination outweighed any hesitance they had.

The announcement of another presence cut through the silence, a heavy sigh coming from the dark of the trees behind a majority of the group. Teagan nearly jumped out of their skin at the sound, flinching harshly, though when they caught sight of Warwick in the dim morning light they were glad they hadn’t made any noise as well. It would have been embarrassing to seem like they were easily frightened before their journey even began.

The promise of coffee while they all started to get to know each other was nice, and the additional hour of time that Warwick provided would be enough to freshen up and prepare to mingle with new people. Thankfully, based on the interactions thus far, it seemed as though everyone had a steady head on their shoulders, though some seemed far too energetic for how early in the morning it was.

Maddox sighed before turning to them, looking down at where they still sat on the ground. They supposed they should feel a little silly for being the only one sitting, but they couldn’t exactly find the energy to care at the moment. “I'm gonna head back ta the farm and get Ares something ta eat. I'll meet ya at the bar,” he told her. They let out a little puff of air before rising to their feet, brushing any clinging dirt from their pants. “Alright,” they said, looking at him. Their mind was running with thoughts, and they wanted Maddox’s opinion on what all had just happened, but the words died in their chest. “I’ll save you a seat then. Take your time.”

Glancing around at the rest of the gathered group, she gave a quiet promise to meet back up with everyone at the bar before heading back in the direction they thought their bike was in.

__

When they arrived back home, Teagan was greeted with a pan of half warm eggs and ham. The lingering crumbs of some toast sprinkled across the countertop next to the stove in a dark kitchen signaled that their uncle had already left for the morning to go open the shop. Their aunt had probably gone back to bed already, meaning that they wouldn’t have a chance to speak with either of them yet, something they were slightly grateful for. They had no clue how they would even begin to explain what had happened that morning.

They quietly pulled out some food for Amaris and Aelius, setting it out for them and grabbed a fork from the drawer to pick at the leftover eggs and ham, slowly eating a few bites as the two Eevees tucked into their respective bowls. Their mind was racing with the thoughts of their impending long travel, a mental checklist of things they would need starting to run through their head. They hadn't been so far from Windermere for more than a day trip since… The eggs sat heavy in their stomach as they turned and gently placed their fork in the sink so it didn't make any unnecessary noise. Leaving Aelius and Amaris to finish up their food, they went to pick out some clothing.

Once they were dressed and both Pokemon were done eating they gathered up some necessities and a single book on some basics to Pokemon care, placing them into one of their backpacks. They didn’t know when the group would want to head out, and it was better to be prepared. The last thing she grabbed was the two Pokeballs she kept stashed in her desk. They sat heavy in her hand for a moment before they shoved them purposefully at the bottom of the pack. They likely wouldn’t be necessary to use, but a necessity to bring nonetheless.

Scribbling out a quick note to their aunt and uncle letting them know that they’d call when they could, once again Teagan found themselves heading out on their bike, ready to face whatever came next.

__

Teagan was glad they weren’t the first to arrive at the bar, but there were definitely a few that had yet to show. Thankfully, it looked like everyone had their Pokemon out, so they didn’t have to worry about Aelius and Amaris being too much of a bother. Warwick was truly a small blessing, already having the necessities for coffee out for them to use. While she didn’t see the man himself, she could smell the start to some kind of meal and made a mental note to thank him personally later when he wasn’t so busy. After making their cup, they looked down to make sure that Aelius and Amaris weren’t underfoot like they usually were, especially in a place they didn’t frequent. When they weren’t immediately within sight though she frowned, glancing around the space before spotting both of them near an admittedly quite adorable Greavard, both Eevee’s happy wagging their tails as they spun around the Pokemon.

They quickly stepped over, careful not to spill their coffee. “Ah, sorry they normally don’t get away from me like that,” they apologized, “Though they do seem a little happy to have someone to play with.” Hesitating for just a moment, they set their coffee down on the table before sitting with the table’s only other occupant. “You said your name was Professor Hemlock, right? I gotta say, I haven’t met very many Professors, but I always admire the knowledge you all have about Pokemon. Maybe during our upcoming travels you would be willing to compare notes?” Their fingers lightly tapped against their coffee cup as they spoke.

The arrival of another at their table paused the start of their conversation as she looked up at them. The tapping of their fingers against their cup intensified slightly. “Ah, I know little about Beryl outside of passing through to get to Ashborne every now and then.” Teagan glanced back at the table’s first occupant. “I have heard it’s a good place to go for Pokemon research though. Have you been there before?”

Normal People Things

Lovejoy

♡coded by uxie♡

mood: pokémon !!

As the Witch departed, Hemlock’s attention was piqued by the arrival of a man who introduced himself as Warwick himself, the retired champion of Galar and the local bar owner. Hemlock had heard that the champion had retired to the small town of Windermere with his husband, but it was a surprise to see him show up out of the blue. The unexpected offer of coffee at the bar was a pleasant gesture that Hemlock appreciated, nodding in acknowledgment to the rest of the group before expressing his intention to meet them later.

~~~~~~~​

Arriving at the bar, Hemlock paid little mind to other patrons as he spotted an unoccupied space and settled in. Accompanied by his full trio of Pokémon, the professor looked almost out of place. Though a quick glance around would soon prove that other customers had their Pokémon out as well.

While the thought of his Pokémon being rowdy might have crossed someone else's mind, it never occurred to the professor as he immediately sank back into the seats with a yawn. Hemlock was just relieved that his companions were small enough to join him at the booth, though his Greavard seemed content to roam around.

He smiled lazily, watching Mimi and Wisp display an interest in the bar menu. It was an amusing sight to see them look as though they were ordering and he couldn't resist capturing the adorable scene. Pulling out his Rotom phone, Hemlock snapped a photo with the readiness of a parent on their child’s first day of school.

As Hemlock cooed at his cute companions, the lively moment was interrupted by the entrance of two adorable Eevees. Hemlock perked up instantly at the sight, almost beckoning to the two Pokémon to come towards him before steeling himself at the thought of their trainer. His eyes darted around until he spotted Teagan, one of the individuals who had received a dream and had been present at the Witch's Springs.

“Ah, sorry they normally don’t get away from me like that,” they apologized, “Though they do seem a little happy to have someone to play with.”

Hemlock almost winced at the sight of the other dreamer joining him at his table. He mourned the loss of his humanless peace, though he could feel Wisp and Mimi’s scolding eyes boring into him, as if they were urging him to interact with other people. His Greavard on the other hand, barked in joy at the presence of another and almost immediately rushed towards Teagan.

“You said your name was Professor Hemlock, right? I gotta say, I haven’t met very many Professors, but I always admire the knowledge you all have about Pokemon. Maybe during our upcoming travels you would be willing to compare notes?” They asked.

Hemlock looked at Teagan blankly for a moment before remembering he was actually supposed to respond and not stare in dull silence like a confused Ditto. Clearing his throat, he offered his gloved hand in greeting with a well practiced grin that flaunted his pearly whites. “Ah yes, Professor Hemlock at your service. Though you may simply refer to me as Professor or Prof. if you find that too long.”

At the mention of comparing notes, Hemlock paused. There was a reason he worked alone, but Pokémon was always an interesting topic— and there was also the alarming feeling that he should accept the offer lest he risk waking up with singed hair in the morning, courtesy of Wisp.

But before he could respond properly, the arrival of another interrupted his thoughts. Purple hair caught his attention first, Hemlock’s eyes latching onto the vibrant shade with the swiftness of a Ninjask, he blinked up as he took in the sudden appearance of Vitale.

The Rapidash owner, what a score! His grin stretched wider and he gestured for the other to sit.

“If you’d like to know more, then you two have come to the right place! I may not be Professor Thorne, but I am a professor and I do have… a fair bit of knowledge on Beryl.” Hemlock responded to both Teagan and Vitale. Although Hemlock was still quite new to the region himself, he supposed his knowledge of Beryl was sufficient enough to surpass the average civilian’s, while his enthusiasm masked any gaps in expertise.

“Firstly, we haven’t been properly acquainted.”

The arrival of Pokémon ahem- new people with Pokémon had heightened his interest and he leaned in expectantly towards Teagan and Vitale, eyes glistening, only to face away and gesture to his Pokémon instead.

“Floofie and Wisp, say hello!” His Greavard wagged it’s tail enthusiastically, circling around Teagan’s Eevees with great interest, while his Lampent perked up at the mention of her name, chirping from where she was comfortably nestled in Hemlock’s coat.

"And finally, my adorable little Mimi—Nuh uh, come back here, you!" Hemlock playfully scolded, reaching out to snatch the escaping Mimikyu before she could hop away from their booth. ”She’s very shy, this one.” He chuckled.

“Now, It’s lovely to meet you two but it would certainly be lovelier if I could have a closer look at your Pokémon.” His words carried a playful undertone as he leaned closer into the others’ personal space, almost like an eager child.

song title

༻ ꧂

♡coded by uxie♡

raquel. —

scroll

mood
rambly

outfit

tag
maddox ( cwosont cwosont ), hifumi ( Dicentra Dicentra ), & kaia ( leviohsa leviohsa )

"Grandma?!" shrieked Raquel's shrill voice from just outside the bar before Warwick's head popped out to reel the group in.

The blonde was nudged in by the help of Lady behind her, steering her toward the little booth Hifumi, Kaia, & the farm boy had found their way over towards. Her manicured hands wrapped themselves familiarly around the coffee provided before her; were she to come back, she'd definitely have to try their tea but for now this would suffice. Hunching a bit over the mug, letting its vapor waft over her the way one might facial steam, she was quiet when Maddox piped up, letting one of two pinkettes respond for them. When prompted, however, she did interject to add, "No, I've been!"

With eyes now on her, she took a quick sip to clear her throat & clarify, "I passed by on my way down here. Up here? I don't remember the map of this region, actually. Anyway, it's, like, suuuuuuper clean girl vibes only." In saying this, she took another swig & lamented the state of her skin; being outside so much left her feeling as though she was sweating her morning routine off. Her brows flattened as she went on to say, "Super bright, cute. I dunno—there wasn't much there 'sides, like, umm... looking at things? Ton of coats, there! I don't think I went a day there without seeing some lab assistant which, like, good for them. Love an educated populace." Her tone, too, went flat as she went on, pushing her vocal fry to its deep end, before elating again as she recalled, "I got to tour its lab, too! Very, um, cool! I dunno. I didn't really film it—wouldn't do well—so I don't really remember what I saw."

Her mug's bottom was now visible as she again downed a sip to pivot, "I think, really, what we should be doing is... Um.... UMMMM... Ugh, I don't know." Her elbows suddenly met the table with a deep thud as she held her temples; with coffee in her, she was veering toward waking up but wasn't quite there. Still, she mustered, "Okay, it's coming to me. The cute-earrings-magic lady said this other lady was from there—er, from lab coat town. Or—no—she didn't say that. She said that, like, we need to get her—I forget what she called it—fire stone from there." Raquel's brows knit as she spoke & she vehemently shook her head to amend herself, "No, no. She didn't. I know 'cause I would've been like—ping!—lightbulb moment & been like, 'okay, THAT'S where we need to go.' But I didn't. No, she uh-thousand-percent said that she LIKED to be there, so... Okay, so when we get there, we need to like... see if there's any local story of there being somewhere where its a little hotter than usual, right? Fire lady's stone must give off some kinda insane heat if, like, SHE'S the reason y'all can cook eggs across the whole region, right? Either we're looking for a temp spike or we're gonna ask the lab if they keep any abnormal stones nearby. I saw those coats everywhere, so surely they've covered so much more of the town than we ever will. So of course we ask, right? Maybe they'll just, like, hand it over to a buncha strangers? If they do have it just... sitting somewhere?"

When she winded down, she didn't know how long she was talking, but she knew her throat was running dry. In finding herself now at a state where her hands were in the air & her head had sunk low between her shoulders as she adopted her usual analyst stance, she straightened up with a little jerk & darted her eyes between the three, "Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?"

© weldherwings.

scroll

ranger

GAGE

mood

invigorated

outfit

broken link

warwick's bar

interactions

elozonam, shinya, carter

Just as fast as the alarming, flaming, hand ruby of death had disappeared so did the witch, taking her leave as the fog began to roll in with hints of her magic lingering for just a few moments before the air around them became suffocatingly silent.
”Wow… She sure knows how to make an exit,”
he added, the former Witch’s voice quickly being replaced by a newer and more gruff voice as everyone turned to see the arrival of an older, well worn man.

”Oh wow another… If she can shoot fire out of her hands who wants to bet this guy can like… Grow flowers out of his toes, yeah?”
he whispered to those standing next to him, listening as the man spoke of the Goddess and their adventure. Shortly after he introduced himself Gage realized the bets were off since he was human just like them, but as soon as he heard the name he instantly recognized the former champion and there was no way he was going to turn down hanging out at a former champion’s bar.

An hour later they had all reconvened, the entire group crowding into Warwick’s bar alongside their Pokemon. Some people would’ve considered it crowded, but Gage loved it. It reminded him of his many nights under the stars sleeping huddled up close to his Pokemon - there really was no such thing as too close in the wild… unless it had sharp antlers. Or claws. Or fangs. Or venom. Then maybe it was better to practice a little precaution before getting close.

Gage’s own Pokemon had taken to their normal activities: Domino harassing Zephyr by taking her leek and running circles around Koga who sat calmly in the middle waiting for Domino to receive a smack on the head from the very same leek he had stolen. It was their favorite way to pass the time, even if the Farfetch’d had a few ruffled feathers by the end of it. While they spent some time off to the side Gage had found himself in a booth with Elozonam, Shinya, and Carter as Warwick gave them their coffee. As much as he wanted to take a sip, he avoided pouring his own cup and pushed it to the side after remembering his parents telling him just how energized he tends to get when drinking coffee and that might not be the best look in front of his new… friends? Yeah, friends.

”Well, since we’re about to start our journey, it’s time we plan ahead.” Gage lifted his brow as Elozonam started to speak, curious as to what he had to offer since he himself was still stuck on the fact that they met a Witch that could hold fire in her hand without burning herself or the entire forest. ”Obviously, we’ll be going to Beryl first since it’s only a route away from here. But since you all came from different regions, I think it would be a good idea for you all to study more about Eunoia’s history to prepare for the other gems. How about we visit my museum before we leave town?”

Gage’s lips pulled tight in disappointment that he tried to hide, glancing away at his Pokemon for a favored distraction. History? Studying? School was never his strong suit at all, hell he still had issues reading from time to time when all of those big fancy words start popping up on the page. ”Seems like a waste of daylight to stick around town,” Shinya offered, not necessarily to the agreeance of Gage but perhaps she was just trying to cover up that she also didn’t like history or school or learning. ”Can’t you just tell us what we need to know on the way there?”

He bit down on his lip, not wanting Elozonam to feel like they didn’t care about the museum he was a curator of… whatever curator meant in the first place, he still wasn’t sure.
”Hey, maybe it could be fun though! Plus maybe it’s like those little puzzles I used to play on the back of cereal boxes where there’s a clue hidden in plain sight and it’s in the shape of the cereal usually, maybe there’s a cereal clue in the museum!”
His words were matter-of-factly even if they sounded void-of-thoughtsly while he leaned back in his chair with a smug grin.
”Oooh and maybe there’s bones, bones are cool! And lots of pictures because uh…”
How does one say this without making themself look like an idiot?
”I’m a very visual and hands-on learner.”
Perfect.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

hifumi

With a heavy sigh, Hifumi smoothed down the disheveled strands of pink hair that had become tousled during his recent scuffle with the Mudsdale. Realizing that his fingers were hardly an effective substitute for a proper hairbrush, he delved into his backpack. This bag had become a reliable companion, one that he acquired before meeting up with Raquel at the ranch. It held his essentials and provided a secure space for his collection of Pokéballs. After all, who knows how long this journey would be, and he needed to be prepared for any unexpected turns.

Now armed with a dry brush, Hifumi meticulously combed his locks prior to settling into the barside for the impending meeting. The atmosphere carried an unusual tension—not quite serious, but an awkwardness that often accompanied interactions among strangers. Raquel maintained her peppy attitude, but it was evident that the long-winded explanation she offered irked the farmer boy.

A short-tempered country boy, a peppy coordinator, a quiet yet amiable surfer, and a flamboyant fashionista.. Hifumi took a deep breath, sensing that this journey might be longer than he initially feared. Allowing Raquel to conclude her piece, he poured a modest splash of cream into his coffee, watching the milk swirl as he mixed it with a wooden stick.

"A sprite named Ginger who was fond of Beryl... I agree with Raquel. Maybe there is a sort of local story in the town regarding the heat. The city is famous for its wide variety of Pokémon, no? Maybe there's even an area where she entrusted it to a group of fire Pokémon. Your favorite." Hifumi proposed to the group, concluding his suggestion with a wink directed at Maddox.

"But, for now, I doubt much is even open at this time of day. I'm not sure how far Beryl is from here, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to stay for a quick bite. It'd be rude to turn down such hospitality. I say we grab an early breakfast before heading off for our adventure?" Hifumi suggested with a smile, savoring a sip of his hot coffee.

"We'll also be spending quite some time together. Not that I'm complaining." Hifumi remarked with a soft chuckle. "We've already done introductions, but just to refresh: I'm Hifumi, a fashion designer with a passion for creating in the realm of Pokémon contests. Raquel here is a frequent muse of mine, so we go way back. Maddox, the local expert in our group, right? And Kaia, what brings you to these parts? As for me, I'm here on a travel spree, soaking up inspiration for my upcoming collection."

After a brief moment of contemplation, he tapped his finger against his mug before continuing. "This may not be my home, but it is someone's home, and that's reason enough to want to help. But let's not sweat the details. Help is help, right? We may not be the most knowledgeable about the area, but I'm sure we can assist in our own way. I'm certain the goddess brought us together for a reason."

Another sip of his coffee followed. "Nevertheless, I'm excited to explore a new city with a tour guide! I've heard the variety of Pokémon in Beryl is quite the sight to see. I wonder if the researchers over there have noticed anything amidst lately. Ah! Speaking of Pokémon... is there somewhere we can stop by on the way to the city to get something to eat for our Pokémon? Tulissa and the others will probably be hungry soon, and I couldn't fit enough in my bag for the whole journey."

© weldherwings.

• filler

"Your favorite."

Maddox blinked, a bewildered expression on his face.
“If ya say so,”
he grumbled in response. It was an accurate assessment. Obviously. He just didn't appreciate the assumption, or the weird winking thing Pinky kept doing.

"Ah! Speaking of Pokémon... is there somewhere we can stop by on the way to the city to get something to eat for our Pokémon? Tulissa and the others will probably be hungry soon, and I couldn't fit enough in my bag for the whole journey."

The redhead rubbed his temples. It was quickly becoming apparent to him that Hifumi and Raquel both had way too much to say. It was starting to give him a headache. Maddox took a long sip of his coffee in hopes the caffeine would fix his problem. He grimaced from the bitter taste and set the mug aside.

“I got berries and poffins back at tha farm.”
Maddox rubbed the back of his neck and continued,
“I gotta explain shit ta my ma, anyway. She'll probably make somethin'.”
He spared a quick glance at Raquel, who was well aware of his mother's kindness by now.
“Yer Pokémon will be fine.”

Maddox dragged a hand down his face.
“Beryl ain't far. 'Bout two hours if ya walk. The ranch ain't got enough Mudsdale for us all, so yer gonna want ta ask 'em to borrow what they got. I got no problem with walkin'.”
He sighed.
“We should wait 'til tomorrow, though. Gotta find someone ta help ma with tha farm while I'm gone, Teagan's got tha Mart, and Elo-”
Maddox cut himself off and scowled.
“Better that way.”

He fell silently for a few moments. Maddox tried to think of what else Beryl had to offer them aside from the research center. As he finished the last of his coffee, he remembered the old library his ma took him to as a kid. It wasn't as big as anything you would find in Ashborne, but it probably had some old books written about the Goddess. Maybe there would be something about Ginger, too.

“There's a library in Beryl, too. Old as shit. Might have somethin' that could help us. We don't all need ta go harass tha Professor. Could split up once we're there.”

Maddox shrugged. It made sense sense to him, anyway.

♡coded by uxie♡

vitale.

• mood

amused

Vitale nodded along as Teagan addressed him, taking note of their growing discomfort– if the rapid tapping on the mug they held was any indicator. He was about to apologize for the intrusion once again and excuse himself, only to be greeted with a broad smile and an insistence for him to sit among the duo. With Vitale’s curiosity outweighing his need to cater to Teagan’s feelings on the current situation, he swiftly sat and muttered his thanks before the professor continued speaking. It seemed that he’d been right to single out the white-haired man early on– as he appeared to be the only one in their little group with some familiarity with their next destination.

The singer couldn’t hide the genuine amusement that had begun to show on his face as Hemlock carried on, his jovial attitude and eagerness to introduce his Pokémon striking a chord with him. He couldn’t tell if it was due to the professor coming across as a reliable ally going forward or his clear love of Pokémon, but either way it put Vitale at ease more than he’d been this entire morning. Perhaps this was why he felt comfortable enough to let his mask fall a bit and play off of Hemlock’s energy.

“My, my, your Pokémon are such darlings! I adore the enthusiasm of your Greavard in particular,”
Vitale praised, matching the professor’s grin with his own fanged smile.
“They seem to be in good hands.”

Taking a moment to unclasp two Luxury Balls from the chain on his belt, Vitale rolled the Pokéballs containing his signature duo between his fingers as he contemplated actually sending them out. Neither Louis or Lestat were too notable to the average person who might have recognized the idol’s appearance, but a fan might be able to place that the two bat Pokémon were his childhood companions. He didn’t want to have to deal with having to keep appearances up and this whole quest…but it’d likely be something unavoidable the longer they traveled together. Might as well get it out of the way now.

“Forgive me for not introducing them sooner, terribly rude on my part, but these two are my dear friends,”
Vitale beamed before releasing his Swoobat and Gliscor, the two chittering in acknowledgment from just outside the booth.
“Louis and Lestat, play nice, won’t you?”

Louis flew above the table, flittering between Hemlock and Teagan inquisitively before landing on the back of Vitale’s seat and looking towards the brunette with sympathy. The psychic-type Pokémon seemed to pick up on their awkward demeanor, be it from reading their emotions or sharing the same sentiments due to his nature. As a friendly gesture, the fluffy bat Pokémon fired off a brief ultrasonic wave– hoping it’d at least put them in a more positive mindset.

Meanwhile, Lestat balanced on his tail to appear more imposing as he studied both trainers and Pokémon gathered at the booth, flexing his pincers unconsciously as observed the smaller Pokémon running about and playing. He’d much rather find his own amusement in chasing these newcomers around, but per his trainer’s instructions he’d be on his best behavior. For now.

“I’m sure you might have seen her earlier, but I do have one more Pokémon. I just…don’t know if sending Selene out right now would be proper, considering her size and the fact she seems to be just as stressed as I am about the whole...Celebi predicament. Either way, I speak for all of us when I say it's a pleasure to meet you both.”
Vitale said, followed by a small flourish of his hand as he gave a mock bow from his seat. Hopefully playing up his introduction a bit for fun would break the ice, as the little group he'd sat with seemed pleasant enough to easily work with.

Pair Piano

♡coded by uxie♡

Carter

/*right side (scroll)*/

The morning sun had risen enough to cast a gentle glow on the town of Eunoia. Nesea had claimed a vacant spot on the floor. Her sleek fur a canvas for the sunbeams filtering in through the windows of Warwick’s bar.

Carter cradled a cup of coffee between her hands. The steaming vessel, a conduit of both warmth and awakening, allowed clarity to settle in Carter’s mind. The subtle sounds of the bar – the murmurs of the other tables, the occasional clink of dishes – brought normalcy to the situation that Carter hadn’t realized she had missed.

Elozonam one of the three to occupy her table spoke first. Set on setting up some sort of plan before venturing out into the region. "Obviously, we'll be going to Beryl first since it's only a route away from here. But since you all came from different regions, I think it would be a good idea for you all to study more about Eunoia's history to prepare for the other gems. How about we visit my museum before we leave town?"

Carter contemplated the notion. Museums are usually full of dusty artifacts and boring exhibits. While it could beneficial to get some background on the region, it could also be a giant waste of time.

“Seems like a waste of daylight to stick around town," Shinya stated. "Can't you just tell us what we need to know on the way there?”

“Hey, maybe it could be fun though! Plus maybe it’s like those little puzzles I used to play on the back of cereal boxes where there’s a clue hidden in plain sight and it’s in the shape of the cereal usually, maybe there’s a cereal clue in the museum!” Gage countered.

Carter stifled a small smile, at Gage’s rambling. Sipping her coffee, she considered Elozonam's suggestion and the input of the others. The prospect of delving into the town's history could shed some light on what they’re dealing with. Plus others were also trying to figure out the mysterious case of the goddess. While a little time may be wasted, in venturing to the museum. Truly the worst thing that could happen is that they may find themselves bored.

Ozzie nudged against her, his eyes large and curious as he sat in her lap. Carter acknowledged the Pokemon with a few gentle pets.

Carter decided to break the tension. "I'm in for the museum adventure. Can't hurt to learn a bit more about Eunoia, right?" She shot a friendly smile at Elozonam, appreciating his initiative in guiding them through the town's history.

original theme: roald theme
coded by weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back