• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom  ❉」EUNOIA ⋮ ic

cwosont

Supporter
Roleplay Availability

• intro

futaba town

pokemon ost

opening.

Y
    ou do not remember falling asleep. You do not even know that you are dreaming. Your eyes flutter open and you find yourself lying in lush grass. Wildflowers are bent and broken beneath you. A curious Skwovet regards you cautiously before skittering away. Time feels slow as you try to stand up and brush the dirt from your legs. You begin to feel a strange sensation wash over you. Little do you know, this feeling is magic.

"Please..." comes a voice, weak and distraught. "Please, I need your help... in the springs..."

The wild Skwovet reappears before you. It watches you, eyes wide and knowing. You feel compelled to follow it. Skwovet leads you down the dirt road towards the forest and through the dense trees. Eventually you reach the hidden springs, home to the Harvest Goddess. The grass appears to be thinning, the flora wilting. The spring's waters are low and turning a murky green.

The Harvest Goddess appears suddenly, visibly struggling to hover over what is left of her waters. Her long hair is falling from her shoulders and her skin looks nearly transparent. A grimace has replaced the serene expression she is often depicted to have in books and paintings. "My magic..." the Goddess says breathlessly. "It is fading... I do not have the power to... keep this region safe anymore... Celebi, my dear friend, has not lived in our time for many years..." She wavers. "Without them, I do not have the strength to go on... With the others you must... find our Celebi... or this region will fall to ruin... It is only a matter of time before... the damage is irreversible..."

- - -

When you wake, the springs call to you. It is not yet dawn and darkness still blankets the town. When you arrive, you find a hooded figure kneeling before a statue made of stone.

intro

cast

please help,

and find
celebi

time

5:45am

date

may 14th

goddess spring, windermere

scene

prologue, scene 1: the harvest goddess

ooc

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

scroll

ranch
hand

maddox.

mood

confused

outfit

harvest goddess springs

interactions

none

tags

none

While lazily plucking at the strings of his guitar, a heaviness fell over Maddox until his eyes could stay open no longer. Sleep pulled him beneath the surface and everything faded away like a distant memory. For a long time, there was nothing. Maddox hung between the waking world and the land of dreams. Then, just as suddenly as sleep overtook him, he woke up.

Cerulean eyes fluttered open to find a vast sky above him, clouds sailing across a sea of blue. Maddox could feel the itch of grass beneath his fingertips as his senses slowly returned to him. The smell of wildflowers is familiar, comforting. Maddox sat up and rolled the ache from his shoulders. He noticed a staring Skwovet as he stood up to dust the dirt and grass from his jeans. Catching his eye, the Skwovet fled into the trees.

The blonde lifted his hand as a strange sensation washed over him, the tips of his fingers tingling and his ears buzzing.
"What tha hell..."
Maddox murmured.

"Please..."
He jumped and turned in alarm.
"Please, I need your help... in the springs..."

The springs? Before he could question it, the wild Skwovet returned. Maddox’s heart told him to follow it despite the adamant protest coming from his head. The road to the Harvest Goddess’ spring was a familiar one. The closer he got, the more his heart thundered in his chest. Maddox could feel that something was wrong and yet nothing could prepare him for what he found when he arrived.

The state of the springs was shocking, but the Harvest Goddess’ appearance even more so. He had read so many storybooks about the Goddess and her ethereal beauty and unmatched magical prowess. The deity standing before him was not like the one in the stories. She appeared tired, worn down, and something akin to a ghost.

"My magic...
" the Goddess breathed.
"It is fading... I do not have the power to... keep this region safe anymore... Celebi, my dear friend, has not lived in our time for many years..."
She wavered.
"Without them, I do not have the strength to go on... With the others you must... find our Celebi... or this region will fall to ruin... It is only a matter of time before... the damage is irreversible..."

Maddox awoke with a jolt, hair stuck to the back of his neck. He turned sharply to the clock at his bedside and squinted at the blurred number. It was only 5:30 in the morning. Maddox did not even remember falling asleep, but he had to have… that dream… It felt too real. His stomach churned uncomfortably as he stomped out of bed and over to his window. Maddox bit at his nail as he contemplated what to do.

Cursing under his breath, he ultimately pulled on his jeans and sneakers. Ares woke as he tied his shoes and whined softly as he pressed his nose against Maddox’s palm. He sighed and scratched behind the Typhlosion’s ear.
"I know, buddy,"
Maddox murmured. He felt it too. The two of them were out of the door and making their way towards the forest just minutes later.

The ranch hand did not make a habit of roaming the forest at night, at least not these days. The nights he spent smoking behind the treeline as a teen were long behind him. Those days did provide him with some sense of ease as he navigated the dark twists and turns, at least. Maddox paused when he reached the narrow breach in the trees that gave way to the hidden path which led to the springs.

What was he expecting to find? The Harvest Goddess waiting for him, to ask for his help? Maddox’s cheeks burned. He felt foolish and naive. It was just a dream. Yet here he was, standing there in the middle of a forest chasing after nothing. He sighed and clenched his fists. Maddox considered turning back, that is until he heard a familiar skittering.

A Skwovet peered over at him with knowing eyes. Maddox cursed under his breath and pressed forward, Ares trailing along behind him. The pathway to the springs was a short one and Maddox stopped dead in his tracks when he arrived. Wide eyes darted between the wilted wildflowers, thinning grass and branches, and finally the hooded figure kneeling before stone. Maddox shook his head. The stone, which had an uncanny resemblance to the Goddess in his dreams, had never been there before.

“What tha fuck is goin’ on?”

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

chris

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Matchbox Twenty

Unwell

Chris was no stranger to waking up in a field randomly because she had passed out all of a sudden yet there was this odd sensation when her eyes opened. A Skwovet peered at her before running away and Chris idly wondered where her own Pokemon were. They wouldn’t leave her alone when she was sleeping yet the feeling of panic never rose in her. She rose from the ground and began to dust herself off and yet another strange feeling ran down her spine and she looked around in alarm but nothing was there.

"Please..." came a voice, weak and distraught. "Please, I need your help... in the springs..."

A voice echoed in her head, unfamiliar and familiar all at the same time but, more importantly, seemingly in distress. She stood a little straighter as she looked around and the Skwovet came back to her. Chris followed, instinctively trusting the Pokemon to lead her to the springs. She knew she should question things but she felt like she was in a daze. Absentmindedly, a more rational part of her brain told her that she might be dreaming.

The path felt familiar as she followed the Pokemon until she was confident she could get to the springs without a guide. Still, she kept to its pace. A small clearing appeared before them and she stepped forward, familiarity now turning into remembering as she stepped into the Harvest Goddess's spring. It was almost depressing to see that even in a dream, she wouldn't get to see its original wonder— it was weakened and left to wilt. She stepped forward to investigate when a figure materialized above the water and Chris's throat dried.

Who it was had hit them almost immediately. Inheriting her parents' devout worship of her, Chris had grown up with her iconography almost always present throughout her life. She was a source of comfort and familiarity in the tumultuous times she experienced in Unova. She was the guiding hand that Chris wholly believed in that helped her during certain incidents where she was convinced she couldn't get out of it. Chris would have never thought that she would be able to perceive the Harvest Goddess even if it's just in a dream.

Though instead of the usual peaceful imagery she exuded in her statues, the Harvest Goddess seemed trouble.

"My magic... It is fading... I do not have the power to... keep this region safe anymore... Celebi, my dear friend, has not lived in our time for many years... Without them, I do not have the strength to go on... With the others you must... find our Celebi... or this region will fall to ruin... It is only a matter of time before... the damage is irreversible..."

As she began speaking, Chris listened intently, her mind going from starstruck to work-mode as she began to note down what was being said in her head. They were given a mission to find Celebi and bring Pokemon back to save their region. They looked around for a moment, taking in the sight of the wilting plants, thinning grass and murky water, and imagined it as Windermere— no, as Eunoia, and they sighed. They can’t let that happen.

If Celebi could stop this, then so be it.

"“With the others…?”"

Chris woke up with cold sweat dripping down their back, taking in a sharp breath as if they had been dropped onto the bed. A familiar nervousness buzzed under their skin as their heartbeat picked up. A familiar weight pressed onto their chest and Patch slowly woke up, looking down at them with worry. They took a few deep breaths before patting the Pachirisu once and she dropped to the bed, allowing Chris to sit up and press a hand to their head. That dream…

The spring. They had to get to the spring.

When Chris slid off of the bed, sleep completely washing away at a moment’s notice, her Pokemon jumped to action as well. Patch jumped down onto the ground and nudged Flynn awake and the Buizel blearily looked around before standing up and stretching. Avin, on the other hand, woke up from his perch the moment Chris’s feet touched the floorboards, flapping his wings and letting out a quiet coo. Chris quickly put on her outdoor gear, grabbing her ranger pack just in case and her pokeballs. She flashed them at Avin and Flynn, a silent question clear in her motion. Flynn and Avin moved forward and sat themselves in front of Chris and they pressed the Pokeballs to recall them inside.

It was almost like clockwork— a fascinating look into how Chris and their Pokemon were synchronized and trained to respond to alerts as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Chris headed down the stairs and out of the house as quietly as she could. Their parents understood that they often disappeared in the middle of the night but that didn’t mean they should wake them up every time. Once Chris was outside, they made their way into the forest. They took out their flashlight and delved inside. Patch quickly climbed up onto their shoulder, keeping an eye out for any Pokemon that might attack the pair.

The route was familiar at this point. Chris had taken it almost every day to give her offerings and to pay respects at the crack of dawn before proceeding with her tasks for the day. She was confident she could make the trip with her eyes closed but it didn't hurt to be as careful as possible when it came to traveling through the forest. She knew it like the back of her hand but even she would hesitate to venture into it in the dark without the proper supplies.

Arriving at the spring caused her to take a deep breath, wondering what she would find on the other side of the foliage. Would it be the same as the dream, except darker? Or something else entirely? The Harvest Goddess would not put her in danger willingly like that even if she had asked the ranger, alongside some mysterious others, to search the lands for Celebi. Pushed forth by curiosity and this strange feeling of urgency inside her, she continued forward and took in the familiar scenery of the spring. One thing was out of place, however, a hooded figure knelt down before the Harvest Goddess's statue— a pose Chris, herself, had adapted many times in reverent prayer.

And a familiar farmhand.

"Maddox? What are you doing here?"
Chris couldn't help but breathe out, in disbelief that he would put himself through traveling through the forest during the night. Her eyes turned to the hooded figure, scanning any sign of danger from the person before forcing her posture to relax even if the tension in her shoulders would not simply leave.
"And you too. It is dangerous to be in the forest this late into the night."

Unless, of course, these were the others the Harvest Goddess was speaking about. If it was, then the reason for being sent to the springs was suddenly making sense.

♡coded by uxie♡

16bc3b5ff299f3a9244ae12f773e9d00.jpg

Frankie Wellington
When Frankie opened her eyes she was back in her room, complete with its dust motes and creaky windows. The dream had been so vivid that for a moment the sudden change was disorientating. She sat up, disturbing the banded heaps of fur that were piled on top of her. Pip yawned and gave a stretch while Jamber remained curled up in a ball on her lap.

“That lady… she’s familiar.” Frankie muttered, blinking the sleep from her eyes.

She grabbed her phone from the nightstand and sluggishly pushed her glasses to her face. There was a conversation she had recently with the owner of the carpentry store over an old carving. Something about a goddess with a Celebi. After a quick search on the internet she found an outdated page discussing the regional deity and the spring where she was said to live. It was clearly a tourist trap, but something bothered her about the pictures.

Frankie had to rub her eyes a few times just to be sure, but she was absolutely certain the springs looked identical to the one in her dream, even if she had never seen pictures of it or been there in her life. The only thing that didn’t quite match her dream was the goddess. On the webpage the goddess was gloriously depicted in an illustration, nothing close to the faded and battered woman who had talked with her.

“Weird dream, I guess…” Frankie mumbled, switching off her phone and trying to get back to sleep. Strangely, she couldn’t. All she could do was replay the dream over and over in her head. There was an uneasy feeling in her gut, like the butterflies before an important meeting.

Eventually she gave up on sleep and got up to make some breakfast for herself and the pokemon. A kettle boiled on the stove and some eggs crackled, but Frankie was elsewhere. She didn’t even notice Jamber chewing on a stolen cookie.
“Irreversible damage… and fading magic. Is that even a thing?” she pondered to herself, flipping over an egg, “Besides, how do you find something in another timeline? That’s bollocks.”

Frankie sat down after everyone was served and checked the website again, reading through the legend of the goddess. The little 10 year old version of herself nagged at her about forgotten dreams and destiny. She took a sip of her tea and winced when it was too hot. Even if the dream was some ‘vision’… what could she do? She wasn’t even a trainer… and it was pretty dark out.

She gazed out over her berry field, where dew glittered in the dying moonlight. After so much hard work she had finally managed to get some sort of stability in her new life. She already had her great adventure by taking the leap of faith and building up a fresh start in Windermere. Jumping into another one was the last thing she needed. Things had turned out well with Jamber and Pip and her farm. One mistake and it could all come crumbling down. Should she risk it all over some dream?

Over some dream…

Now hold on
, she thought, lowering her steaming cup of tea, What's with all this rubbish? Excuses and playing it safe was all I did back in Wyndon. How fine and dandy was that? If I’m too afraid to take chances I might as well head back to the office…no, this is new Frankie!

Frankie stood up so quickly she knocked her chair back and made the dishes rattle. With a determined smile on her face and voice full of renewed zest she declared,
“That’s it, we’re going on a hike today! I hope you lot fancy a little adventure!”

The sudden movement spooked Jamber, who rolled backwards and went belly-up on the floor. “Oops, sorry buddy.” Frankie scooped him up and went looking around for her bag. “No time for lollygagging! We’ve got a spring to find and a region to save!”

Frankie hurriedly stuffed whatever she thought she would need into a bag and pulled her green knit cardigan over her shoulders. The sun was still sleeping so it would be cool. Speaking of which, it was still quite dark. It dawned on her that there was a very high chance that she could get lost.

“You’ve got this, Frankie…” she said to herself, adjusting the bag on her shoulder and locking her door, “I mean you’ve got Pip and Jamber, and I’m sure Chris will look for you if you’re missing. Getting lost is just another adventure, right?”

With Pip at her side and Jamber huddled in her bag, Frankie took off into the forest following the light of her phone and the marked area on its electronic map.

•❃°•°❀°•°❃•

Frankie immediately regretted her decision as soon as she lost sight of civilization and the trees swallowed her up. She couldn’t help but imagine all sorts of monstrous pokemon lurking around every corner or jump at the slightest of sounds. Worried he would run off (and totally not because she was scared) Frankie hugged the sleepy Jamber to her chest like a plush doll as she trudged through the dark woods.

More than once she tried to turn around, just to check if she could recognize the way back home, but it only served to disorientate her. The only time any direction made sense was when she pressed forward without looking at the map, using only the memory of her dream as a guide. For better or for worse, she eventually decided to rely solely on that. It made her braver, somehow, so she followed her intuition over the blip on her Rotom phone.

Just when Frankie was about to doubt the credibility of her imaginary skwovet guide and admit she had gone mad, she quite literally stumbled upon the spring. The ground dipped too quickly for her to react to and before she knew it she was stumbling forward into a dry riverbed. She tried to pedal back, but the dew had turned the grass slick.

“Eep!” Frankie squeaked in alarm, landing in an awkward kneel-squat in the crusty mud. She let out a sigh of relief, thankful she had chosen to wear her workboots. She was even more thankful that Jamber hadn’t fallen in. The last time he played in the mud he had made sure the entire house had gotten a share of it.

Pip peered from the shore and let out a concerned chirp. Frankie waved at her while holding the now squirming Jamber,
“I’m alright, I'm alright! Just a little mucky, is all!”

The furret’s ears pricked up and she looked further along the spring. She glanced back at Frankie and trilled in excitment.

“Eh? Do you see something?” Frankie asked wearily, only to witness the furret take off. “Oi, wait up!”

She lifted Jamber to the bank and then hauled herself up, the both of them chasing after Pip. It then became clear just what the furret had been distracted by. Two figures stood beside the spring, one sporting familiar pink hair. Pip had already run up to Chris and was rubbing up happily against the ranger’s leg.

“Chris!” Frankie called out as she ran over and gave the pink-haired ranger a huge hug, “Oh Chris I’m so glad you’re here! I lucked out getting here but I’m positively sure I’d get lost on my way back to town and…”

It was only when she pulled away from the hug that she seemed to remember that Maddox was here. She chuckled nervously and smiled, “Um, oh uh Maddox right? Hello! Erm, lovely morning innit? Name’s Frankie…eheh”

She rubbed the back of her neck, grinning broadly to compensate, “Fancy meeting you two here. Um, right, this is going to sound daft, and definately mad, but do either of you know anything about a goddess? Or a celebi… or timelines? I had this really off dream…”

zigzagoon.gif
furret.gif

fontcall
cyrille
705.png
666-mon.png
at the springs
W-what was that?
Their body was heavy as they awakened from sleep. Dawn had yet to arrive; the only light filtering through his window was from the street lamp outside. The town was still asleep. The same should've been said of its tailor, and yet Cyrille found themself rising from bed. They'd never been one to remember their dreams, yet they could recall each word with perfect clarity. It left them feeling unsettled.
As if sensing their unease, both of their Pokemon rose from their slumber. Chiffon nudged one leg offering comfort. It wasn't too long ago that Cyrille couldn't sleep, haunted by their failures. They were tempted to just forget it and go back to sleep. Maybe have some tea to calm their frayed nerves.
this region will fall to ruin... It is only a matter of time before... the damage is irreversible...
The image of the goddess, so close to death, haunted them. Could they really ignore a dying plea?
They sighed.
"No, of course I can't."
Muslin and Chiffon both followed Cyrille as they readied themself, the former helpfully pulling over a denim jacket after they finished brushing their teeth. They would do the morning chores later. Something told them that it had to be now, or they would miss their chance completely.
Cyrille saw no one else around as they clambered down the steps. As they'd expected, most of Windermere's citizens remained comfortable in their beds. They felt a twinge of envy before continuing, finding some comfort in how this was a rare opportunity to walk around with Chiffon and Muslin untethered. Cobblestone gave way to dirt, following a path they'd never taken themself. A worn down sign, the paint barely visible, said that the goddess' springs were that way. They'd seen Chris go through several times, but had never been curious enough to follow it.
Each step they took, Cyrille argued with themself. It was too much trouble. What could a failed tailor like them do? Jumping timelines? Magic? Celebi? Yet they kept putting one foot in front of the other.
The environment felt familiar - they could almost predict each twist and turn of the road as it lead them deeper into the forest. Cyrille knew for a fact they'd never been, but somehow, as they expected, there was a Juniper tree right around this bend, the scent of an unseen wild gardenia perfuming the air. It all matched what they'd seen in their dream.
Chiffon bolted ahead, catching both Muslin and Cyrille off-guard. The contemplative walk quickly became a frantic chase through the forest undergrowth as the tailor ran after their Pokemon.
"Chiffon! Come back!"
The scent shifted - mildew and decay colored the original scent of the forest. For a moment, they completely forgot about their Pokemon. All their attention was on the dying spring. The stone statue was the exact face they'd seen in their dream, the one who'd cried out for their help. Their blood ran cold. In that moment, Cyrille genuinely considered turning around, packing their things, and leaving this place to its fate.
Chiffon's happy trilling cut through his escape plans. They finally noticed the figure knelt in front of the statue in reverence, then shifted their attention to their Sliggoo's sounds.
"Chris!? Frankie!?? Oh no—"
Chiffon had found friends all right. And they were currently getting covered with goo. Turning slightly to the left, they saw Maddox. Thankfully, neither Muslin nor Chiffon had decided to jump him with their brand of affection.
"W-why is everyone here?"

Last edited:

A cry for help has always been a constant wanderer in her sleep. Though unwelcomed, it would always rear its ugly head into her dreamscape, its presence poisoning her refuge with memories that prodded her like a million needles. Everyone she has ever met has always regarded her as an immovable force. They said that come what may, the jaded look on her face would never falter. It didn't matter whether the engineer had to discuss unfortunate terms with families affected by her projects, face the wrath of protesters, or receive brutal comments from wherever her job would take her. She has always been as cool as a breeze.

However, something strange has struck her this time. She was sure that she shouldn't be asleep right now. She was sorting out documents on the desk of her hotel room at Windmere, drinking cucumber-flavored coffee to keep herself awake, when everything turned dark all of the sudden. Now, she has found herself in the middle of a decaying field and in front of a dissipating murky spring. Much more, a figure appeared to be beckoning her with a request. The mysterious woman seemed frail and pale, yet her faltering voice held conviction when she asked her to look for a Celebi.

Crystal merely stared, confused yet curious. For some reason, she found herself unable to turn around and ignore the strange lady like she normally would. A part of her wondered if one of the Windmere protesters had snuck into her room and doused her with a sleeping powder before letting their Pokemon poison her mind. It seemed far-fetched but it was the most logical conclusion she could come up right now. Besides, she has met plenty of activists who used plenty of tactics to try and get their business off their town. None of them has ever worked, and she doubted that this one would work either.

So, why couldn't she pry herself off this cheap gimmick? She felt like something within her was resonating with the unknown woman. A memory she has long repressed relating to the being's desperation? Suddenly, it came swamping back in her mind. The darkness, the dry air, the cold string, the sound of her own voice. Emotions has never been Crystal's strong suit, so all she could do was close her eyes tight until everything went silent.

The next time she opened her eyes, she was back in her room, staring at the papers that gawked at her like hungry children. A quiet groan left her lips as she began to look around. There were no signs of intruder, and her three Pokemons were all playing on the spacious bed behind her. If someone attempted to do something to her then they would've noticed and taken action. Therefore, if it wasn't an activist pulling her leg. She could only wonder what in Eunoia had cause such a mystifying dream? It felt so vivid that it rendered her unable to focus on her task. All she could think about was the spring.

She released a defeated sigh and pushed herself off her seat, catching all of her Pokemons' attentions as they stopped to look at her. When they noticed her putting on her leather jacket and fishing out her bike's key, they immediately hopped off the bed and made a beeline for her. Kirlia was the first to reach her, teleporting on her shoulder after she put on her helmet, while Geodude floated behind with an excited Diglett in his arms. They seemed to have understood that she needed a ride to clear her mind off things.

The night continued on as the small team rode through the humble town. The evening breeze felt nice against her skin, and the symphony of night critters was something refreshing for her to hear. She has little clue as to where the road was taking her but the gradual shift of houses to trees felt good enough to distract her. Unfortunately, just when she thought her night was getting better, a wild Skwovet stood at the center of the road, forcing her to hit the break before she ran over the creature.

Crystal pulled her helmet off and rose a brow at the Skwovet which only stared back at her expectantly. It was almost as if it was unwilling to move out of the way no matter what. Suddenly, she felt Kirlia's weight off her shoulders, only for her to reappear right in front of the Skwovet. The two exchanged some noises together, as if they were communicating, and all Crystal could do was park her bike to the side and approach the Pokemons. She didn't really think that it was the best time for Kirlia to start making friends, so she wholly intended to grab her and go back to the hotel. Unfortunately for the engineer, Kirlia and her new friend promptly began running straight into the forest.

As if her stress wasn't already enough, Geodude and Diglett chased after the pair too, leaving Crystal in her own confusion. Albeit displeased, she couldn't exactly just leave her Pokemons by themselves in some dark forest. So, the dark-haired female trudged after the four, grateful that Diglett left a trail for her to follow all while pushing off certain thoughts.

After a difficult time of navigating through the forest, Crystal eventually found herself staring at the exact spring in her dreams. It looked terrible, but even worse, there were a few people frolicking around. Opting to just ignore everyone, she scanned the area for her Pokemons until her eyes fell on the hooded figure and the statue they were kneeling to. Its features looked eerily familiar to the woman in her dreams, and she could essentially hear her pleas at the back of her mind once more.

...This was strange. Very strange. For the first time since forever, she genuinely felt uncomfortable. It has been so long since she felt utterly confused by a scenario. Her objective mind would usually weave plans after plans for every possible outcomes. She felt a nudge against her leg, causing her to shift and meet the apologetic eyes of Kirlia, Diglett, and Geodude. She lowered her brows and crossed her arms before gesturing for them to follow her back to the bike.

It was best for them to go back to the hotel and forget that this crazy night ever happened.

Fitzroy

Crystal.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

.Merlin .Salverius

Merlin had always experienced lucid dreaming whenever he went to sleep for about as long as he could remember. In any of the situations his brain could muster up, he would figure out ways to take charge and mess around with his own imagination until his alarm rang. He had done this on countless occasions.
This, however, was not one of those times.

The fact that he had no power over his actions in this exceptional dream made his heart race as it would have in the midst of anybody else’s worst nightmare. Whatever little control he felt he had was forcibly directed at answering the Harvest Goddess’ call. A sinking feeling had settled in his gut, and much to his surprise, it was that precise combination of sensations that awoke him, with the exception that the feeling remained instead of vanishing like it normally would. “What the...” he whispered to himself.

Aura, asleep at the foot of his bed, perked her head up to look at Merlin with her wide deep purple eyes shimmering in the moonlight that bled through the bedroom’s sole window. Taking a moment to stretch her legs and back before scooting over towards her master’s hand, Aura used her nose to nudge it lovingly while Kiko slept soundly (and loudly) in the box next to his actual bed, by the door. Merlin lifted his hand in sync with Aura’s nudge to pet her forehead before planting a tiny kiss on it as he sat up. “Might as well get up now...” he muttered in defeat. He refused to go back to sleep in case the dream would resume: this hadn’t bothered him much in the past, but since the knot in his stomach wasn’t budging, Merlin chose to stay up for a while, in hopes that this would make a clean break in his mind before resting again.

Aura’s satisfaction was confirmed by a discreet high-pitched squeal and she hopped off the bed, patiently waiting for her human companion to come out from under the several layers of bed sheets he laid out (the resulting pressure was quite comforting). He pressed a button behind his left ear to turn on his hearing aids, drank the glass of water that sat on his nightstand, rubbing his face gently with one hand as he brought the glass back to the kitchen.

A faint whistle, provoked by the steam coming out of the quaint little teapot Merlin had prepared, sounded across the room. Tea was ready; surely it would soothe his stomach long enough for him to return to bed undisturbed. Absentmindedly stepping outside on his balcony, Merlin carefully sat down into one of the two hanging chairs he had installed a month prior, spinning a teaspoon in his cup while looking up at the moon. Aura, as always, was quick to follow. Merlin was still perturbed by that dream; judging by what he remembered of its trees, he was fairly certain the forest he saw was just out of town, but in all of his outings to forage plants and berries for work, he never noticed anything that resembled a spring like that one.

Some time passed... the feeling of impending doom didn’t.

“Maybe I should go for a ride...” he thought. His next shift was only in a couple more days, what harm could it do to step out at this hour? Naps could always be had later. And so he came back inside to change into a plain white shirt, black hoodie and grey sweatpants, threw a baseball cap on, undid the lock on his mountain bike – decidedly a great tradeoff for what he had back in Lumiose City – and brought Aura with him in her pokéball, stashed in his dark green backpack, making sure to grab his indigo Rotom phone before pedaling off into the night.

Whether it was by intuition or some sort of muscle memory, Merlin somehow found his way to the spring after leaving his bike by the side of the dirt road close to a random motorcycle; a sure sign that he wasn’t the only one to have had this dream. Why else would this thing be laying there at this hour?

Despite his not being known for having particularly remarkable facial expressions, the state of the spring would have been enough to transform his serious look into one of pure shock, if that moment hadn’t been stolen by bumping into Crystal as she tried to leave, causing the two of them to shout in surprise, immediately followed by everyone else present. “S-sorry,” was the only thing he managed to say in a stutter, embarrassed. Merlin then noticed that Crystal weren’t alone: Chris, Cyrille, Frankie and Maddox were also there...

He backed off a little and turned to see a strange hooded figure, kneeling before the same rock he’d seen in his dream. Its presence only strained his gut feeling some more. At a loss for words, he simply looked around at the others in silence, unsure of what the next step would be.

nine lives

Iris snapped awake. She arose from her bed of crushed wildflowers, their fragrance fighting past the wind. The grass, verdant ripples in the breeze, was a brilliant emerald, blindingly beautiful. The Skwovet, watching like a guard, scampered off. It rustled the blades further. It provided the only other sound. No birds serenaded her, fortunately, as Dream Iris had packed light on frying pans for her self-defense needs. No other Pokémon ran past, or vocalized their names in the distance. No rivers hummed with their quiet implacability, no trees shook in the breeze. The great, wide outdoors felt like an abyss.

Outside was a place Iris went to sometimes. Rarely did she savor nature—she was raised in the city, and the city was where she belonged. Concrete was the canvas, neon was the paint. Nature’s vibrancy, the greens, the browns, the rainbow of flowers and Pokémon, paled in comparison. The hustle and bustle suited her better than serenity. The empty space begged to be filled. The frenetic pace of urban life made peace and quiet feel lethargic. Iris couldn’t stop and smell the roses if she tried, she had to get out there, do something, be someone, now, now, now. The outdoors was just an in-between, a placeholder, a path, a stepping stone. No destination. Windermere was nature. It had people, but it was no metropolis. Iris would be getting out soon. Probably. Hopefully.

And despite her lack of care for it, she was in nature right now. “How had she gotten here?” Was the question she would have asked if she were truly awoken, and not in the dream state where one simply accepts whatever is happening as truth. But in her sleep-addled state, outside almost felt like a place Iris would want to be in.

She looked down and regarded the soil that had joined her when she had stood. No, inside would be fine for her. The earth that soiled her legs was brushed off with prejudice as she rose…slowly. Iris had suffered after standing up too quickly before, but this was something else. Blinking back to life after…that, she was hit by another…that.

"Please..." comes a voice, weak and distraught. "Please, I need your help... in the springs..."

Iris knew little of what exactly was around Windermere. Even when she wasn’t forcibly stuck inside due to the nature of her work, she preferred the indoors anyways, for reasons explained in the prose dump a few paragraphs ago. Outside bad, inside has online videos of a comedic and entertaining nature designed to induce laughter and amusement, and also the equipment and resources to both produce nourishment that is nutritionally filling, appealing in taste, and satisfies Iris’ lizard brain desire to be one with fire and steel, as though she were a Legendary Pokémon in her domain.

The Skwovet scuttled on back. The guard was now the guide, as Iris followed in its path without stopping to ask why she was following the instructions of some random Pokémon that was just passing through. The endless grass ended, giving way to dirt and the trees that were missing from earlier. A sunbeam shone through the foliage once in a blue moon, an occasional light shining in darkness. The sound of leaves rustling was still absent. Now in the forest, the zephyr was dead. The plants around her appeared to be following suit, as now Iris could see clear as day that the clearing that the Harvest Goddess’ springs made their territory was decrepit, especially now that the light of the day was not being choked out by the impenetrable canopy above. Squinting after having adjusted to not being able to see anything, Iris could just barely see the Harvest Goddess.

"My magic..." the Goddess says breathlessly. "It is fading... I do not have the power to... keep this region safe anymore... Celebi, my dear friend, has not lived in our time for many years..." She wavers. "Without them, I do not have the strength to go on... With the others you must... find our Celebi... or this region will fall to ruin... It is only a matter of time before... the damage is irreversible..."

Iris snapped awake. She arose from her bed of bed material, fragrance and residual tiredness nonexistent, and sat there, bolt upright.

Someone’s been having too much coffee and not enough sleep.

Pushing herself with her arms, she moved to the edge of the mattress, legs dangling off the side. She was at a point of change, where she could go forth into the place that is not the bed or return to the bed. To go back to sleep was tempting, probably necessary. The housekeeper gazed back at her pillow with longing in her soul, conflicted. As much as she wished to sleep, she couldn’t make herself do it. A force caught her every time she fell back. The call to adventure would not let her hang up. Tearing her eyes off the cushion that lay so near, yet so far, she allowed herself a moment to not do anything and look around.

Iris met the eyes of the disheveled but bright-eyed woman in the unnecessarily large mirror. The reflection used her fingers to comb her hair, currently resembling a cat’s fur all puffed up and messy, as she looked away.

With a sigh, Iris hopped off her bed and began her morning routine. After a pinch of the cheek and a temperature check for that fever dream. All clear.

Hygiene. Check. Cleaning. Check. Pot of coffee, pan of breakfast. Check, check, check. Iris breezed through her chores on autopilot, stewing over whatever that not a fever dream was. A human-looking deity, irreversible damage, and worst of all, a mandatory team effort. Was Iris really going to do this? Maybe she had hallucinated after all?

No. The dream was real, some primal instinct told her. She would have to get out there. Travel. Wasn’t that what she wanted, anyways? To see the world, not be cooped up in some backwater?

She had awoken Remi earlier, but she simply made a noise of irritation and fell back asleep in Iris’ room. Perhaps her choice of tunes was a bit aggressive considering it wasn’t light out, but what was Iris supposed to do? Not listen to music? Or, Arceus forbid, get new taste?

At the very least she could stop singing along. “Iris. What in the Distortion World are you doing.” It wasn’t a question. It was a statement, flat and annoyed, spoken by the person who had let her live in Windermere in the first place. Their dimunitive frame stood partway out in the hallway to their room, blue eyes half-closed.

Iris looked over her shoulder and raised a hand in greeting. “Good morning, Casey. Chores.”

“Morning?” Their voice rose in pitch by as much as their freshly-awake vocal cords could handle, so not much. “Look out the window.”

The blinds were currently drawn, but no light was bothering to sneak through. Iris reached out and opened them. It was night, of course.

“It’s—“ Casey glanced down at their watch, taking a moment to let their tired head process the three numbers it displayed. “Like 6 AM. It’s not morning at all. Look, dude, I’ve got all the things ahead and I need to be ready for them. Company’s gonna be heading halfway across the region to kick some families off the land they’ve had for generations so it can build parking lots in a week, and I’m on surveying team. And some family’s coming to take my house while I’m gone—”

The Harvest Goddess had the power for one last miracle. This was her chance.

“Actually, I have to be gone for a while too. Emergency popped up.”

Casey blinked, dumbfounded, then let out a very drawn-out sigh. “Of course. Well, at least you lucked out of handling the folks.” They buried their face in a hand. “I’m off for a little more beauty sleep. Please stop singing.” They turned to get out of the door frame, but paused to poke their head back out. “Save some food for me for later. Thanks.” At that, they went back to sleep. Lucky them.

Iris scarfed down her half of the potato hash. It was good, of course, but she was still too preoccupied with her dream to appreciate the nuance of the flavors. Shoving it into the oven to let it keep warm for her benefactor, she went back to her room to bring Remi along. She mewled with discontent, still half-asleep and refusing to walk on her own.

Iris left the house, Remi in her arms, princess-carry style, and made her way into the land of Outside, but for real this time. She shouldn’t have known the path. Couldn’t have. She’d never even entered the forest before in her months in the region. Yet she treaded the trail with ease, even with her burden in hands, making her way to the springs like she had done it a thousand times before. The route was even darker than it was in her dream, somehow, especially since she couldn’t exactly pull out a lamp or flashlight, but her feet still moved of their own volition.

It seemed Iris wasn’t the only one to have this prophecy embedded within her skull. A half dozen other people that Iris did not know were also gathered. And then there was the person kneeling on the ground, in front of a statue of that Harvest Goddess. She set Remi down on the ground, who had finally fully woken up, and stood a bit away from everyone else, waiting for something to happen.

Kira Lyn

• mood

Sleepy ; mildly grumpy

"this is a dialogue."

Help someone? Was someone in trouble? Could it be the Skwovet that came from nowhere? Kira stared down at the squirrel, it had to be the one talking there was no one else around!

"A talking Skwovet? This has to be the weirdest dream ever. ALSO why would I help you..!!!" They called out after the Skwovet, chasing after the creature the best she could. Next thing Kira knew she was face to face with the supposed magical harvest goddess of the Town.

She huffed, glaring daggers after the fading lady's request. People Kira had to work with others, and if they didn't the fate of the region would be destroyed? What could possibly destroy such a lovely region. "You must be crazed if you think this is believable! and why request help from me, not that I'm shocked or anything lady, and a Celebi!? Are you even listening!?" How could this 'goddess' expect Kira to help her, she could barely order a drink from a coffee shop without breaking down. So why now and here. Kira was about to give this lady a piece of her mind when all of a sudden, she faded into darkness.

-

Such a weird dream she thought to herself. Kira's eyes shooting open expecting to see some form of light of either the stars, or sun. Was instead met with complete darkness, and choking, as a very warm soft yet scratchy material engulfed the tsundere when they attempted to gasp for air. A wooly material Kira knew oh so very well. It wasn't the first time Kira awoke to Floofty rested on top of their face. Using Kira like she was her own personal pillow, and it certainly wouldn't be the last time either. Not that Kira minded or anything it was Floof after all. She'd do anything for the happiness of that sheep. Reaching out the best she could without waking her sleeping pokemon, Kira grasped Floofty's pokeball from her pocket. Pulling it out she quietly returned her partner to its ball.

"Sleep well Floofty." She spoke with an unusual fondness in her voice, as she pushed the ball back into her pocket. Kira hoisted herself up, grimacing from the stiffness they felt in their back, from having actually slept on the on a patch of grass. It was certainly a much nicer surrounded by some bushes, definitely greener than the plants in the dream, or the various other surfaces Kira has slept on overtime after various overwhelming tantrums. Maybe that's why she was out here on the ground tonight, wouldn't surprise her if it was the reason they were already in the woods. Woods... perhaps it was the same forest as the stream? Stumbling through the bush, wishing Floofty wasn't awake so they could have some sort of light. The tsundere began to wander aimlessly through the groves of the trees. Feeling almost as if her body was being guided through the night by some sort of hidden force.

As Kira neared the stream faint voices could be heard. "must be the others." she grumpily said to herself. Crossing their arms against their chest, glaring at everyone while coming into the clearing.

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

• prompt

dark things

ADONA

prompt.

T
    he spring smelled of decay.

The Witch scowled. She had been gone too long and was a fool to have allowed her pettiness to get the best of her. They fought and made up all the time and yet she did not return sooner. The Witch had longed for her. Her friend, her lover, her Goddess...

She stifled a sob at what has become of her verculum, her little spring. She has turned to stone. The Witch could not believe she had allowed it to come to this. She fell to her knees before her beloved, hands grasping the Goddess' own. The Witch felt nothing. No warmth, no magic. She knew it the moment the starlight hanging from her neck had dimmed and yet the truth was painful to bear.

The Witch did not know how much time had passed before she heard the snapping of twigs and crunch of dirt beneath some heavy-footed human, no doubt. She ignored them and ignored the painful scratching of her knees. Nothing mattered more in this moment than her love. She pressed her forehead to the statue's cool surface and exhaled weakly. Tears have already stained her cheeks and she does not care to wipe them away.

More began to arrive and soon it dawned on The Witch that they must be here for a reason. The sun had yet to rise from the East and so it was too early for prayer. She lifted her head and allowed herself to wonder. Is this you, my verculum? Have you sent them? For a fleeting moment, jealous burns in the Witch's heart. Why send for humans, and not her? She quickly reminded herself that she has only herself to blame. Her Goddess was pure of heart, but the Witch of Eunoia was not.

She raised to her feet and ignored the painful throbbing in her legs. Removing the quilted hood from her head, the Witch turned to face the humans who had invaded her lover's space. She regarded them with disdain before her expression softened.

"The Goddess has sent for you, hasn't she?" The Witch spoke and raised a finger. "Tell me."

Pointing her finger at the scowling, blonde-haired man, she compelled him to answer. "A dream," he coughed out. "I saw her... in my dreams."

The Witch lowered her hand and ignored his baffled expression. "I see." Magenta eyes fell to each of the strangers who stood before her. "She is gone. Turned to stone, as you can see behind me." She turned away and stepped towards the Goddess, the hem of her skirt dragging in the dirt. "It is the greed of humans that brought upon her downfall and yet she calls you to her aid?" The Witch shook her head in disbelief. "But she would not call just anyone..." She stopped and reached out to cup the Goddess' cheek, brushing her thumb across the hard stone.

"The Goddess would have sought out those whose hearts called to her magic," the Witch whispered. "Who are you, then? To have entangled your soul with the Goddess' own?!"

intro

cast

the goddess...

she was my
friend

time

date

may 14th

scene

ooc

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

ranch
hand

maddox.

mood

agitated

outfit

harvest goddess springs

interactions

chris, everyone

tags

none

"Maddox? What are you doing here? And you too. It is dangerous to be in the forest this late into the night."

The blonde snapped out of his daze and turned to his right to find Chris, the local Pokemon ranger and Maddox’s childhood best friend. Seeing them standing there suddenly made everything feel very real. Once again, he felt stupid for coming out to the springs in the first place.

“Fuck, I dunno-”
Maddox stuttered in response.
“What tha hell are you doing here?”
He countered lamely.

Maddox lifted his head at the distant sound of something falling. Squinting his eyes, he could see nothing more than a couple yards in front of him. Thankfully the source of the noise made itself appear shortly after and Maddox was relieved to find that it was only Frankie and not some wild Pokemon looking to chase them down.

“Um, oh uh Maddox right? Hello! Erm, lovely morning innit? Name’s Frankie…eheh. Fancy meeting you two here. Um, right, this is going to sound daft, and definitely mad, but do either of you know anything about a goddess? Or a Celebi… or timelines? I had this really off dream…”

Dream?
He hissed in disbelief.
“Fuck me.”

This was quickly becoming more complicated. If he was not the only one having bizarre dreams about the Harvest Goddess, then there was a hard truth he would soon have to face. Maddox’s eyes darted back to the stone statue and the figure opting to ignore them. If something had really happened to the Goddess… Shit, what could he even do about that? He had grown up believing in Her, but he did not know how to help a deity for fuck’s sake.

Cyrille was the next to show up, then that weird chick who always bought out their milk. More and more until Maddox felt like pulling his hair out. He was going insane, he had to be. Maddox could not understand how all of them could possibly be having the same dream. Were they random? Did everyone in the town have one?

"The Goddess has sent for you, hasn't she?"
The Witch spoke and raised a finger.
"Tell me."

Maddox nearly jumped out of his skin at the sudden, unfamiliar voice behind him. He turned sharply on his heel and his eyes widened when they landed on the now standing figure. With her hood drawn, Maddox could confidently say he had absolutely no idea who this person was. He had never seen her in town before and he knew he would never forget someone who looked so… Fuck, he did not have the vocabulary for this.

He scowled when the woman pointed her finger in his direction, but before he could bark a response Maddox paused. He blinked once and then again. A sensation washed over him, similar to what he had felt in his dream but not quite as powerful. Suddenly he was feeling quite compliant and more than willing to answer.

"A dream,"
he coughed out.
"I saw her... in my dreams."

The spell broke as quickly as it came. Maddox stood, a bewildered expression etched into his face, as the woman began to speak. He was only snapped out of his confusion by the haughty tone in the woman’s voice. Maddox fixed his attention on her properly and his signature scowl returned before long.

Maddox bit his tongue to keep himself from interjecting. He never liked fighting in front of Chris, but Goddess was this woman… condescending. Who was she to talk about the greed of humans? And how did she know the Goddess was really gone? Then as she reached to caress the Goddess’ cheek, Maddox hesitated. It felt strangely like he was invading a private moment as he watched her. His cheeks flushed as he felt embarrassment overcome his anger.

"The Goddess would have sought out those whose hearts called to her magic,"
the Witch whispered.
"Who are you, then? To have entangled your soul with the Goddess' own?!"

Ah. The anger was back again. Maddox curled his fingers into fists, nails digging into his palm. He was tired of the high and mighty bullshit. Whoever this woman thought she was, she was definitely not important enough for this attitude.

“First off, who tha fuck are you?”
Maddox spat,
“Because I don’t know you and I sure as hell don’t owe you anythin’. So, why tha hell do you think you can come in here talkin’ all your weird crap and expect us to tell you anythin’?”

The woman narrowed her eyes a fraction and took a step towards him. Instinctively, Maddox held his ground despite her overwhelming presence.
“If your kind cared more about the history of this region, you might already have an inkling of who I am.”
She shook her head in disgust.
“I am the Witch of Eunoia and I have walked these holy grounds long before your ancestors took their first breath.”
She waved him away.
“The Goddess may have called to you all, but I will not leave her fate in the hands of mortals who only know selfishness and greed. So, I ask you again- Who. Are. You?”

Maddox stood dumbfounded for a moment, racking his brain for any memory of a witch. Then it hit him. His ma had mentioned something about the Goddess having friends who helped her. Not exactly deities themselves, but still something more than humans. The Witch of Eunoia was one of them, then? Fuck if he cared.

“I don’t give a damn if yer some kinda witch or not. I saw tha dream and now I’m here, so that should be all that fuckin’ matters. Me and everyone else coulda just stayed home, you pretentious-”
Maddox stopped, stealing a guilty glance over at Chris before he cleared his throat.
“Don’t matter to me whether you think I’m selfish, greedy, or whatever the fuck else. I’m gonna figure out what tha hell is happenin’.”

♡coded by uxie♡

chris

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Matchbox Twenty

Unwell

Not only was Maddox there but the number of familiar faces seemed to increase by the second. Something rubbed up on her leg and her attention snapped downwards to see a familiar Pokemon. Before she could even call out and ask why Pip was out in the forest during the night, her owner arrived and enveloped her in a hug. On instinct, Chris wrapped her arms around the farmer and the tension in her body started leaving bit by bit. Frankie mentioned a dream and it would seem that they were all taken here for the same thing.

Then. Slime.

Their entire body shivered at the cold goo that now enveloped them.
"Chiffon?"
They muttered as they released Frankie from the hug and turned to the Sliggoo.
"If you're here, then..."
Just like that, Cyrille emerged from the treeline. Chris gave them a tight smile— it was clear that the ranger felt out of place now that more and more of their friends had arrived.

Chris gave the others who arrived a glance. Crystal, Merlin, Kira, and someone she didn't quite recognize but she swore she had seen her before.

Then the hooded figure finally acknowledged their presence but did not acknowledge the questions they had asked. Instead, the person merely lowered her hood and Chris felt her body seize, prepared to jump into action when needed. She pointed at Maddox and asked him a question. In a surprising turn of events, Maddox responded without much resistance. Chris tried to catch his eyes, wanting to ask him if he was alright.

Then the woman continued, never introducing herself, but explaining what has happened. Gone? That was it? A dream and they're taken there and she's just... gone? Chris wanted to spiral into denial, at the very least, and fight for the fact that her Goddess is not yet dead. She couldn't be. Yet the statue was right there and the smell of decay permeated within the springs. The place that had once offered them so much comfort had turned into a desolate and desecrated area. Chris's mouth was dry and the ground seemed to sway for a moment at this realization. Their stomach churned as the situation fully dawned upon them. Patch moved forward, clambering up their body with trained expertise, and sat down on their shoulder, keeping pressure on them— keeping them grounded. They took a deep breath, trying to maintain the outward composure they usually had. They can deal with the emotional turmoil at some other point in time. There were things to do. Other people to worry about.

Maddox questioned the woman's identity and Chris began to move closer to her longtime friend. He might not get into a fight but she would rather be able to come in between if he does.
"The Witch of Eunoia?"
Even her mind started to swim through every single story she had heard of when she was younger but nothing in particular was coming to mind. The Goddess had many companions and helpers but nothing in particular came to mind. There's a bit of guilt in her stomach, feeling like she should know something yet nothing came up.

Chris observed the Witch as she moved and spoke. A dear friend of the Goddess. A companion who seemed to have fallen off of the stories yet seemed to have been such an important figure nevertheless. Who are you? was still something in Chris's mind. Who was the Witch of Eunoia? Who was she to the Harvest Goddess?

When Maddox's anger seemed to roll off in retaliation to the Witch's temperament, Chris offered him a smile and placed a relatively dry hand on his back to placate him but to also reassure him that Chris understood. She turned to the Witch.
"I do not know why I was chosen by the Goddess's magic."
She took a deep breath, keeping her gaze firm at the Witch.
"But I have a duty to my Goddess and a duty to Eunoia. If... If finding Celebi can somehow reverse what has befallen the Goddess, then I will do everything I can to accomplish this mission."

Chris paused and her mind tried to find the right words without coming out as confrontational. Words on her tongue that could lash out at any moment but ones that might lead to an argument— and Chris got the sense that an argument was not something she would prefer to have during this somber moment. She licked her lips, turning to Maddox and then to the others.
"You don't trust us. I understand that. But if you believe in the Harvest Goddess and her will, then can I... we ask for your aid?"

The Witch regarded Chris with a curious expression. "I will aid those I believe will devote themselves to the Goddess, yes," she answered carefully.

Chris shifted and gave her a polite smile.
"It's a grand quest to set out on to find Celebi, a being who disappeared from Eunoia."
Her hand shifted to the edge of her vest, fidgeting with it.
"Would you be willing to point us in the right direction?"

"When the time comes." The Witch waved her hand dismissively. "I will tell those who remain once I am finished."

Chris nodded, accepting the Witch's responses. As long as their goals aligned, the ranger was more than willing to put some semblance of trust in the Witch— and if she did have magic that could eventually help them in their search, then that was all the better.

♡coded by uxie♡

. Merlin .Salverius.

What the hell? Merlin kept repeating to himself as he carefully listened to the conversation while it unfolded. He had heard bits and pieces here and there about this Goddess, but he never imagined he’d be witnessing an important event such as her death. The sheer perplexity of the situation was baffling enough that you’d just want to go home back to bed, sleep and then wake up as if this also had been a part of the dream... Except it wasn’t, and now, Merlin had to make up his mind. Stay and take a leap of faith, or go and deny it ever happened in the first place. He stepped forward to speak up after Chris and the Witch’s exchange.

“I, too, choose to answer the Goddess’ call of duty. I would be a fool to say that I know anything of her or Celebi, save for a few tales I heard after my arrival in Eunoia; yet I also know and appreciate the true value of life, much like them. I’ve looked death right in the eye many times as I cared for and held on to pokémon while they passed over to the next realm. I wish to see the land and all of its beings moving forward towards a brighter future...” Merlin paused for a moment, feeling a sting in his heart at the thought of his great-grandfather. “And I... I have dues that I must pay. They are not my own, but they might as well be. So believe me when I say... you can count on me.”

This extraordinary predicament was, indeed, what Merlin felt to be his moment for redemption, for the guilt and shame he was subjected to and had been feeling himself about his heritage. This was the opportunity to be everything that old bastard never could have been, even in his wildest dreams: a truly good and just person... Brave, and righteous through meaningful actions. Yes... The mere thought of it all lit up his heart and soul in a way Merlin hadn’t felt in so, so long. Emotions twisted and turned in his gut in an unsettling mix of pain, excitement and relief. Then, a couple of minuscule tears made their way to the corners of his eyes. They wouldn’t have made their way down his cheeks if he hadn’t blinked in surprise at their presence. Thankfully, it was dark enough so nobody noticed... hopefully.

As he finished his declaration, Merlin was suddenly seized by another source of anxiety which felt far more distressing than the herculean task at hand. How was he, of all people, supposed to cooperate and make friends with a bunch of perfect strangers?

nine lives

Last edited:
fontcall
cyrille
705.png
666-mon.png
As others began to arrive, Cyrille felt less and less certain about why they felt compelled to come here. Not everyone was a friend - some were even strangers. And as it became clearer that they'd all shared the same call, their confidence waned even more. Why would the goddess call on tyhem, much less people who had no connection to this land? As the burden grew heavier on their shoulders, their eyes turned downcast, to the dying spring that should've been overflowing with life. It reminded them of a past where they'd felt choked, and how they'd found freedom in flight. Would that be the answer again now?
They remained quiet, refusing to meet the eyes of the woman who carried power like a second skin. They didn't have an answer to the witch's question. They couldn't explain why the goddess had reached out — except maybe...
"... maybe she didn't have a choice."
They said. Their voice was barely audible, almost a whisper, but they knew she would hear it. What Cyrille didn't realize was the pain and guilt they would unintentionally inflict on the woman with their words.
"Everyone here is from nearby, barely a walk from the springs. She'd looked so... I think she chose us by necessity because we were the best under her circumstances. "
And what horrible circumstances they had to be if she was relying on a failed tailor from Kalos.
Merlin and Chris were bravely answering the call, no hesitation in their voices. Even Maddox had his own reasons for going. Cyrille envied their conviction. They remained silent. Muslin settled on their shoulder while Chiffon slithered back, curling around their legs. Cyrille didn't notice the cold goo that seeped through the fabric. Frankly, they didn't want to do it. Maybe years ago, they'd desired to be more and somehow be special in what they pursued. Now, all Cyrille wanted was the warm-knit comfort of the town and the assurance that the next day would be as peaceful as the last.
But if they did nothing, they wouldn't have even that.
"I'll go."
The words were out before Cyrille even realized. For the first time since the witch addressed them, they met their gaze. Speaking gave them no courage — in fact, the weight of burden only increased. And yet they continued to speak, clutching the hem of their sleeves like a lifeline.
"Maybe it's smarter to walk away and leave it to people who can actually do something instead of following along. But after seeing her, it's cruel to not even try."

Crystal's attempt to leave the scene was abruptly interrupted by a light collision. With furrowed brows, she regarded the stranger who had bumped into her. He appeared to be a tall man with dark locks, wrapped in a brooding outfit - albeit his broken apology betrayed the seeming façade. It didn't matter though as the lady simply ignored whatever happened and proceeded to walk out. However, something strange happened just as she was to take the last steps leading out of the springs.

Thorned vines swiftly emerged from the ground and blocked her path, causing the engineer to look back at the mysterious woman. She was just in time to witness her pointing a finger at a familiar blonde. Though the moon did a poor job at illuminating his features, Crystal recognized his voice as the local milk boy. Their interaction revealed that the hooded figure was apparently the infamous Witch of Eunoia. Crystal has read about her back when she was young, and the folk tales of the region still had its grasp on her childish wonder. She remembered reading something about the Witch being full of magic, although she was never one to believe in such thing.

The rest of the group began speaking up. While most were strangers, there was another one who was familiar to her. She believed she was a ranger who once came to her to forward a protest against one of their projects. From the looks of it, the ranger was somewhat of a devotee towards the Harvest Goddess. It must've been why she volunteered to represent the activists hoping to 'save' a forest from their 'evil advancements'.

Any case, it seemed like the people who have spoken were willing to take on the Goddess' request of finding the legendary Celebi. She, on the other hand, didn't really have any reason to partake in this quest. The other pink-head was probably correct when they theorized that they were 'called' simply because they were all near the spring. That was, of course, if all of this was really authentic and not just an elaborate prank orchestrated by someone with nothing better to do.

Hmmm. She needed to think logically here.

The engineer stepped closer to the Witch and whisked out one of the Fitzroy business cards. "I'm not really sure why I'm here either. However, if you're upset about the current state of this place, perhaps my company and I can assist you in restoring it to a more satisfactory version." She offered the card with an empty expression and tone.

Fitzroy

Crystal.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
"Dream?” He hissed in disbelief. “Fuck me.”

Yep, Maddox… definitely Maddox, Frankie thought, her face frozen in a polite, albeit awkward smile.

Frankie didn't see Chiffon coming, and it took her a moment to realise what was happening. One second she was giving Chris a big hug and the next thing she knew her skin was cold and covered in something gooey. Her clothes had also received the same treatment.

"Ack! Bullocks. Oh Chris now I know how you feel…" Frankie groaned, holding out her arms gingerly as she inspected the ooze-covered state of her cardigan. It was one she had crocheted herself, and it had just been washed.

She thought about how unlucky it was to both fall in the mud and then get attacked by slime but it only made her giggle at the absurdity of it all. It was better to look at misfortunes as funny stories to tell later rather than get caught up in bad luck.

"Chiffon! And…" She turned around to find her favourite tailor in town. "Cyrille. How you doing, luv?"

Frankie wasn't really familiar with everyone in town, so when The Witch spoke up she just assumed she was another town resident. She certainly looked human enough, but Frankie got an odd feeling in her gut whenever the lady pointed at Maddox and he obeyed her command without hesitation. Of course, she didn't know Maddox all too well, so she couldn't really mark it off as supernatural just yet. Some guys were just a little easier to get along with when in the company of a pretty woman, so she shrugged it off.

Then the mention of “Witch’ began to float around and Frankie regretted skimming through the article on her phone. Try as she might, she didn't recall any mention of a Witch. Perhaps it was another page? She had heard of forest witches in Galar, but they were spooky ghost ladies who would trap people in illusions for their amusement. This so-called “Witch” seemed a little different than that. At least, hopefully.

"Well now, I can't say just why the Goddess chose me. I actually thought it must have been a mistake at first. I mean, I’m not a trainer and I’m barely a farmer!” Frankie said, shaking some goo off her sleeve, “But after a bit of thought and a cuppa I figured she’s got to have a good reason for all it. It's just hard to see right now, is all!”

She continued, shining with her weather-worn optimism (and the layer of pokemon-goo and mud), “Times like these you've just got to roll up the old sleeves and get to it. No point dallying over this and that. Me Nan always said that if you've got a job to do you better get it done. The rest will usually work itself out in the end. I’m no sword-and-shield bearing hero, but I will do my best at whatever I can!”

Everyone in the clearing knew the others except Iris and the hooded Witch. The former was comfortable staying where she was and observing this continuation of her dream. Was this being scared? Maybe. Didn’t feel the way it did back in Kalos.

The Witch wasn’t scared. Freely accusing the multiple other people surrounding her, demanding answers to questions Iris couldn’t answer, and generally acting like someone who hadn’t been kneeling in some dirt in a dead spring. The guy who was volunteered to answer the question choked out a response about a dream. Just like Iris. Everyone else here probably had that vision after all.

The unhooded figure turned towards the petrified monument. Sending away Casey was her last gasp of power, apparently. More indictments of mankind were flung, and another impossible question posed. She was good at this. Answer guy from earlier responded again, of his own free will this time. His vitriolic comeback seemed as good a nonanswer to piggyback as there would be.

Iris made to approach and agree, but the Witch fired back first. Introducing herself as cordially as a poison introducing itself to someone’s bloodstream, she spat more of her own venom back. The currently uncharacteristically quiet brunette knew as much about the folklore of Eunoia as she did about…herself. Because really, who was Iris? What about her made her worthy of this quest? She was a background character of her own life. Only the hunk of rock the Witch was obsessing over knew.

And there was only one way to find out. Continuing her motion of stepping forward, Iris spoke for the first time since she had left the house what felt like eons ago. “I don’t know who I am, really. I’m a stranger to this region. I know nothing of whatever legends this land holds. I don’t know why I was chosen. But I was, and I’m going to do what I’ve been called on to do, no matter what you have to say about it.” Her voice stayed quiet at first, but picked up as she found her groove and her confidence. Her right hand had clenched into a fist over her heart. Her eyes glanced down at it, but she made no attempt to relax as she looked back up, staring back at the Witch and daring her to respond, silent again.

Kira Lyn

• mood

Sleepy ; grumpy

"Click the bottom black square if you dare WAAA."

K
Kira scrunched her nose at the faint odor of the clearing. Why did the Skwovet and mythical dream lady make them come here of all places. It certainly wasn't too pleasant.

Keeping a steady distance behind everyone, she didn't really have the best view of what was going on. Not that she cared very much over the whole ordeal. Running a hand against the back of their head, they felt a rather a scratchy material poking out from the back of her head. Plucking a leaf from the back of her head, Kira glared at it deeply. Oh, great not only some back pain with a side of leaves in their hair! Drifting most of her attention from everyone to focus on the rather disastrous state of her night head, only partially listening. Brushing through their cream-colored locks with their hand, picking some leaves out that she seemed to of missed upon the waking up in some bushes.

Once the cream haired tsundere was sure there was nothing left back in their hair, Kira finally looked back to the others. Some she recognized a few of them, others not as much, and unfortunate the dreadful Fitzroy daughter from a construction company she already ticked off quite well had to be one of them. They all seem rather fixated by what looked to be an ordinary rock statue of the lady from the dream, and another strange lady that was supposedly a witch? A Witch that was giving off the vibes of a raging Ursaring and a beedrill that could strike at any moment. This Witch seemed like a bitch. The tsundere didn't like them. Nor did she like what was going on.

A group of adults all seeming to have the same magical dream? Randomly assembling into the woods in the dead of night around some swamp looking pond with a statue of the supposed goddess of this land and a Bitch Witch. It felt like a tacky storybook they read as a kid. What a freaking trippy of a night this was going to be, and having to take a part in it, they could have been halfway to a new town by now but nope she stayed around this little farming town.

"Who am I!? Who are you to ask!? and claim we turned this person into a rock? I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!" Kira growled from the back of the group, "I KIRA NEVER AGREED to being entangled to anyone, not that I NEED ANYONE! or even wanted to be here in this tacky place anyways! Just got woke up in the woods and was forced here from some creepy ass dream and a skwovet!"

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

• prompt

dark things

ADONA

prompt.

"
    Watch your tone, child. You and your kind are responsible, whether you accept that or not. Greed and gross negligence are in your very nature. Continue your childish tantrum and I will silence you.”

The Witch waved Kira away and shifted her gaze to Crystal, turning the Fitzroy business card between her fingers. She approached the heiress with a thoughtful hum and examined the empty scarlet eyes staring back at her. The Witch held the card in front of her and let it erupt into flames until it was nothing more than scattered ash in the wind.

“I remember the day your family stepped onto our soil. The Goddess was so pleased to see so many mortals. Little did she know the Fitzroy’s would play a key role in her downfall.” The Witch shook her head. “Your eyes are just as lifeless as the machines and buildings your family destroyed this land to build. The Fitzroy have done enough damage here. The Goddess was wrong to call for you.”

She turned towards the Goddess again and sighed. The Witch did not approve of the mortals her verculum had chosen, but they did not have time for her pride. She had to accept that.

“The region knows of the blessings given to us by the Harvest Goddess and Celebi, but there is more magic embedded into this land than you know.” She raised her hand, palm flat and facing the sky. “I am a product of Eunoia’s magic, as is the warlock who hides away in Helmfirth. There are others, however, born from the Goddess’ magic instead. It is said that only those with pure intentions can see them. They are known as Harvest Sprites.”

From the palm of her hand, flame was born. Within the flames was the illusion of a ruby.

“The Harvest Sprites fell into a deep slumber, one by one, to devote their remaining magic to the Goddess as the region began to succumb to the consequences of mortals. Only they have the power to help you find Celebi, but first you must find them,” the Witch continued. “Each of the Sprites have a gem which harbors their magic. Ginger, whose power keeps the region’s flames burning hot, resides somewhere in Ashborne. Her gem, however, does not. It was lost some time before her slumber. It will need to be found before Ginger can be awakened. From what I remember, Ginger was quite fond of Beryl. I suggest you start there.”

The Witch extinguished the flames and regarded the group with a neutral expression, although she could not hide the melancholy in her eyes. “I have work of my own to do. I will find you all when the time is right. You are on your own until then. If you have any last words before I depart, speak them now.”

intro

cast

the goddess...

she was my
friend

time

date

may 14th

scene

ooc

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

ranch
hand

maddox.

mood

agitated

outfit

harvest goddess springs

interactions

none

Maddox fell silent as the others spoke up, answering the Witch’s demands to the best of their abilities. He was relieved by Chris’ level headedness and comforted by the warm, earthy tones of her voice. He had not stopped to consider the questions he should be asking the Witch, instead he had allowed himself to be controlled by his anger and pride. Maddox cursed under his breath and sighed inwardly. It was no surprise he had not stopped to think things through, but it still stung to realize it.

His eyes flickered to Cyrille as the tailor suggested that their dreams may have just been a matter of convenience to the Harvest Goddess rather than a deliberate decision. Maddox’s shoulders slumped at the idea, though he would not dare to admit why. Soft shades of purple, blue, and orange shifted in and out of focus around Cyrille as they continued to speak. Their colors were beginning to remind Maddox of a sun setting in pastel skies.

The next voice to speak up startled him. Maddox had seen Crystal several times before, but each time she purchased from his mother’s ranch she had never said a word to him. He almost thought she did not have a voice at all. This was far from the case. Deep blue and purple hues surrounded her as she spoke and Maddox could not help but blatantly stare. The colors of her voice reminded him of something unnerving and yet he did not feel compelled to look away because of it.

What did prompt him to look away, however, was what Crystal chose to say. He scoffed and rolled his eyes. The nerve to pull out her business card at a time like this. Maddox knew he should not be surprised, the Fitzroy’s were on a different level than most people in Eunoia and always seemed to be flashing their name around.

Maddox crossed his arms and chose to stare at the ground while the others continued to speak up. The angry burrow of his brow softened at the dried, dead grass beneath his feet. He would have to tell his mother the state the springs were in. Maddox knew the truth would break her heart. He wondered if it would be better for her to stay away, or if the Goddess would benefit more from her prayers.

“The region knows of the blessings given to us by the Harvest Goddess and Celebi, but there is more magic embedded into this land than you know.”

More magic? The blonde raised his head and narrowed his eyes in disbelief. He listened intently to the Witch’s explanation of other magical beings in the region. Maddox had never heard of any warlock or Harvest Sprite. It almost felt like she was just telling tall tales at this point, but he could not disregard the seriousness in her tone.

“I have work of my own to do. I will find you all when the time is right. You are on your own until then. If you have any last words before I depart, speak them now.”

Maddox shook his head. The last thing he wanted to do was continue talking to the Witch and deal with her condescending attitude any longer. She gave them a name, a goal, and a place to start. Even he was smart enough to understand where to go from there. He glanced around at the others and wondered if they felt the same. He knew Chris did, she had always been the more intuitive of the two. Maddox was sure they would all end up talking everything over soon. He would find out then.

♡coded by uxie♡

chris

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Matchbox Twenty

Unwell

Chris listened as the others put forth their own opinions— while she didn't mind having to go into this alone, she wasn't going to complain about having companions on this small quest.

Merlin, as Chris had expected, had accepted it without much complaint. He shared her views on Pokemon and how they would fight anyone and anything to make sure that humans and Pokemon could continue to live side by side. Even if it hadn't been a Goddess that called upon him, Chris was confident that Merlin wouldn't turn this down. It may be a sense of justice or something else but he wouldn't allow this to happen if he could do something about it.

Cyrille opened up an interesting response. They really could have been chosen because they were conveniently close. And if she were to look at Crystal, Chris could believe that was the case. She wasn't all too bothered if this was the case— a Pokemon Ranger obtained their missions based on their proximity to the problem, not their actual ability unless it was something truly specialized. Cyrille also accepted, at the end of it all, even though they acknowledged the fact that perhaps it would be for their own betterment to simply go back to their life.

Chris turned to Frankie, as gooped up as they were, as her unwavering optimism seemed to push through the oddness of the situation and she readily accepted the call for help. The familiar stranger also came forward, gaining more and more resolution with each word. Kira, ever the short fuse, had exploded into words. Chris tensed up, not to react if the Witch would turn violent, but in the off case that Kira would suddenly pass out thanks to the exertion of going through the woods and then having another meltdown.

And the young heiress, in all of her gall, swept up to the Witch to hand her a business card. Chris couldn't help but crack a smile in sudden disbelief. How do you properly react to that? The Witch certainly knew how to react, didn't even miss a single beat, as the Witch dug into the Fitzroy name and Crystal herself.

The Witch continued on to explain the nature of Eunoia. The Witch, and a warlock somewhere out there, were from Eunoia. So they became companions with the Goddess once she had arrived and not some byproduct of divine intervention. But then there were the Harvest Sprites who apparently only the pure of heart could see and that was what they needed to find. Pure of heart? What did that even entail? Maybe the call of the Goddess would help them bypass this particular problem. Hopefully. It would be a pain to deal with finding something they quite literally could not see.

Chris shifted when the flame was extinguished, a little disappointed when there little proof of magic had disappeared. There were too many questions in Chris's mind but none of them were towards their mission. A specific location likely wasn't something she would be able to give them— if the Witch knew where they were, she would have fixed everything herself. Then again, she seemed busy with something else. None of their business, Chris imagined.

"Take care and stay safe on your own mission."

Preparing for a long trip wasn't in Chris's plans for the next day. They would need to send a report to HQ to request for another ranger to be moved to Windermere because of this. What would they even write? Oh, the region's Goddess had asked for help and I need to embark on this journey. I'm not sure how long it will last but I'll try to be back on the job as soon as possible?. That... it would be interesting to see how HQ would respond to that. Maybe it was high time to take advantage of their vacation days. Or... something. They could probably figure something out.

Then there was the case of doing it with a group. Chris had no qualms working with Merlin or Maddox— the former she was already familiar with in a work environment with and Maddox because of their longtime friendship. But hey, isn't life all about finding out what works for you and what doesn't? Perhaps the others would surprise her.

She found herself tugging on Maddox's sleeve to catch his attention.
"This'll be the first time we're going on an adventure together. Would have liked for it to be some sort of vacation or something but we take things as we get them, I guess."
She gave him a lopsided grin as she reached up to scratch Patch's head.
"I'm a little excited."

Maddox rubbed the back of his neck. "Hope it's better than my last one," he grumbled. "Need ta take care of some stuff before we go."

She stuck a tongue out at him, a bit of childishness breaking through.
"Of course it'll be. You got me here with you this time."
Chris glanced at the others for a moment before turning her attention back to him.
"Yeah, you should go tell your mom about it. I'm just gonna tell my folks I got reassigned for a few, it'll keep them from worrying too much."
Not that they were ever too worried about Chris's well-being ever since she was a child.

"Yeah, dunno how I'll tell her but I'll figure it out." Maddox sighed heavily. "I'll come find ya in a coupla hours."

"Yeah, I need to get prepared too. Goodbye vacation days."
Chris muttered with a shake of her head. It would be worth it in the long run. They just needed to get to the point where the justification actually made sense.
"Good night."

Chris idled though as she waited for the others to make a move. She needed to make sure everyone got back home safely after all.

♡coded by uxie♡

fontcall
cyrille
705.png
666-mon.png
Cyrille was mortified by how everyone was acting. Did no one else realize that the witch could annihilate them if she decided they were all too stupid to live? Or just how big a burden had just been dropped on their shoulders? Fitzroy was even handing her a business card. A business card. The rebuttal was swift and brutal.
They closed their eyes, rubbed their temples to fight off the migraine that would be coming on soon.
Five... four...
When they reached zero, they opened their eyes again. Nope. The trainwreck in front of them was still the reality they lived in. The goddess was gone, Eunoia was dying, and one of the people entrusted with its future was someone who could sew better than they could battle and would run at the first sign of danger. Perfect.
At least Frankie's blind optimism would be a point of levity in what would doubtlessly be a difficult journey ahead. They found their resolve, even if it was coated with Chiffon's affection. They moved nearer to her, seeking comfort in her proximity. She somehow emanated a warmth not unlike the sun.
"I think Beryl is a good enough starting point..."
They didn't look at the witch, but it was as good as a non-answer as they were going to get from someone who would likely pass out if faced too aggressively.
They were afraid. Overwhelmed, quite frankly. But if Cyrille could look past the fear, they'd find resentment. At the witch for forcing their hand, at the goddess for choosing them. Just when they'd finally found peace, they were being thrust into an unwanted adventure. As if they hadn't already spent the past few years of their life in an extended game of tag, being chased by their past. They could continue it. That was always an option. Merlin, Chris, even Maddox - they had good heads on their shoulders. They could definitely figure something out without them.
If things wound up too much, they could just abandon them and run... but Cyrille owed the goddess an attempt.
"Chris, Merlin... what should we do?"
They asked. Uncertainty coated each syllable, making their already soft voice even quieter.
"Are we... all going?"
They looked uncertainly at all the faces around, some of them barely familiar. Setting off as a group this early felt like a bad idea.
They thought of the evacuation bag they'd learned to keep onhand. Looks like it would be getting some use already.
"I can go whenever... just pass by the shop."
They looked at Frankie and Chris' matching soaked clothes.
"I'll also give you guys some new clothes to replace Chiffon's... handiwork. It's one of the few things I can do, so let me."

. Merlin .Salverius.

Merlin’s eyes darted around as the discussion started to heat up with Kira’s outburst and the Witch’s consequent warning, punctuated by the flaming business card. What was that about? It just goes to show how disconnected the girl was from the rest of the world, where mere mortals actually had to work to acquire anything of value. The only legacy her family left, as the Witch said, was the sorry mess in which they found themselves now.

It was certainly intriguing to hear of other magical folk related to the Goddess, even though Merlin hesitated to ask more questions, only for more to pile up as the Witch spoke of the Harvest Sprites. Our scientist wondered if he would get to see them at all when the time would come. It would serve as confirmation that he does indeed have a pure, kind heart… just the thought of it made him feel fuzzy inside. But ultimately, only time would tell. In the meantime, all he could do was hope.

He ended up picking a couple of questions he thought would be the most useful: “Are there ways to know more about the Harvest Sprites…? Some lore, legends, ancient history…? Are they a rare Pokémon breed, or something else entirely?” Because what you just said is about as vague as it gets… ‘Go to this city’. And then what? Merlin thought to himself.

"As I have said, the Harvest Sprites come from the region's magic. They are no Pokémon. If you are truly the Goddess' chosen, then you will learn for yourself what the sprites truly are. I do not have the time for history lessons."

Merlin looked away in dissatisfaction. Hmph. Some help you are…

His mind soon started scrambling around trying to figure out how he was going to weasel out of work for so long – who knew when this quest would come to an end, really? He knew practically nothing of Eunoia, being so busy with patients and their owners, he’d had little time to spend learning more about this new corner of the world he found himself in aside from the essentials. He didn’t feel comfortable lying to his employer, but how else was he supposed to go about it? “Going on an epic magical quest to save Eunoia” wasn’t going to amount up to anything aside from a one-way ticket to the nearest asylum. And yet, if this is indeed the last shot humanity had to save the world, there’s no way he could idly sit by and let the others go out on their own. Someone had to keep things in order, and it sure didn’t look like any of these folks fit the bill, save for Chris and himself… as usual. He turned to Cyrille and Frankie. Cyrille appeared mortified, while the ever-optimistic Frankie was trying to comfort him. What on earth are we getting ourselves into…? Cyrille’s nervous inquiry further confirmed Merlin’s thoughts. He looked over to Chris and gave a firm nod, signaling his commitment and resolve to see this through. He'd just have to come up with something, anything, to leave it all behind. I'll hand in my resignation if that's what it takes. Sadness stung at his heart at the thought, but there was something much greater at stake. If they didn’t embark on this journey, there would soon be nothing left to call home anyway.

“Yes, we’re going. All of us.” Merlin looked intently (trying his best to conceal his discomfort in doing so) at each person present. He spoke in a firm tone. “We must go as a group. I am counting on your cooperation and expect nothing less than immediate, full commitment from each and every one of you. Otherwise, we don’t stand a chance at all.” He looked away as soon as he could to get rid of the tension building in his gut from the sustained eye contact. “I don’t think the Goddess chose us out of convenience. She must have a plan for us… Even if it’s beyond our comprehension right now.” He paused for a moment, deep in thought. “There’s no time to waste. Let’s regroup at the town gate as soon as we’re ready. Go pack your things and say your goodbyes… Because we’re in it for the long haul.”

nine lives

_ (1).jpeg
Andrew Matthews

“Now where the heck did that hungry Skwovet go? I was sure that it was hungry but no, it made me follow.” Andrew scratched his head a trying to figure out where the furry little creature had wandered off too. Every time Andrew had managed to find the pokemon, the little Skwovet would vanish in a matter of seconds. Yet instead of running away completely it always turned almost as if it was checking to make sure Andrew was following them. It made him feel a little frustrated and was half tempted into sending Mookie, Mimi and Chester out so that they could corner the pokemon but those words stopped him.

“Please….Please… I need your help…. In the spring..”

Andrew wasn’t sure why but this small phrase kept him from stopping and giving up so he kept on following the small rodent. The spring? He had to wonder where it was as it seemed like there was nothing but trees around in a place he didn’t even recognize as he kept on following the Skwovet. This was freaky but at the same time mysterious. He tilted himself when he finally saw the spring but couldn’t help but feel a bit anxious over the Skwovet approached the goddess, one he’s seen in a few pictures during his stay in town. She seemed more then trouble, as she spoke
“the damage is irreversible…” Was the last thing Andrew heard as he faded.

It didn’t take long for someone to come knocking on his room’s door. Now he was fully awake but he had a goal to accomplish. Getting off the bed, he went and opened the door to see another traveler he had spoken with last night at dinner from the inn that he was currently staying at.

“Are you okay sir? You were screaming pretty loud so I thought I’d check on you and see if everything was okay.” The trainer said to him while looking a bit worried.

“I’m okay but could I ask you for something… Can you tell me how to get to the Harvest goddess Spring?” He asked her. He wasn’t sure why that name came to his head but it just did. The traveler seemed confused at first but she finally realized what place Andrew was talking about.

“I haven’t seen it myself personally but I’ve heard some rumors of a spring on the outskirt of town from some locals perhaps that might be the one?” Thanking her, He closed the door and started getting ready, showering, brushing his teeth, changing clothes, looking inside his backpack to make he had everything he needed and finally checking his pokeballs to make sure that the trio hadn’t lept out of their balls over night.

Exiting the inn, Andrew was stunned by it still night, and started heading in the supposed direction of the spring that the trainer had told him about, ignoring everything that was on his path. As he walked, he looked sideways and saw a Skwovet in front of him who seemed like he was staring into the soul.

Maybe it was the Skwovet in the dream Andrew didn’t say anything and just smiled as he started to approach the pokemon only for it to take off in to some bushes running fast as if spooked by the human. Andrew took off running towards the pokemon for what felt like a while only to find it eating some wild grown berries by a puddle, that was clearly not the spring. “Perhaps you’re not the dream Skwovet after all” He thought aloud, as the now angry skwovet chucked a smushed oran berry at him. Staining his shirt. Definitely not the same pokemon, which means he probably was led in the completely wrong direction. Andrew shook his head, it was too early for this kind of stuff. As he began wandering off in some other direction. Not even taking a second guess on if it was the correct direction or not.

After getting lost in the woods multiple times, he could finally hear the sounds of voices, some higher pitched than other. Carefully Andrew crouched behind a tree, looking around it at some people who stood around a spring in the middle of the night. The same spring from the dream he’d finally found it!

‘But should he get closer?’ Andrew thought carefully as he watched everyone they seemed rather distracted by the witch some being moodier then others. ‘Nah maybe not’ choosing it was probably better staying put behind his tree instead of engaging. Andrew listened in and everything that was going on. A business card?? The Goddess?? Harvest Sprite?? Witch?? Chosen ones?? Celebi he understood because it was a mythical pokemon but everything else was something…..

Kira Lyn

• mood

Angry

"...!"

Taking a very sharp breath "CHILD!?'" the cream haired girl screeched with a face so red it could rival tomato berry. Clenching her jaw as she growled. How DARE THIS WITCH CALLs HER THAT!! Kira internally fumed. It definitely wouldn't of be the first time but how DARE THEY! She wasn't no booger picking brat that screamed over toys in a store! Sure she screamed but she wasn't no child! For they were a legal adult Kira pouted angrily to herself, trembling a bit with anger. 'And wow way to group all of humanity together as if we're all from the same place and not different regions def bailing on this region after this is all finished' Seething at that hand that brushed her off for the next person.

"Screw you! I ain't afraid! GOOD LUCK TRYING TO SHUT THIS MOUTH" Kira snarled at the witch, her eyes drooping just a tad as she staggered. Clearly already tired from just about everything and back pain. The witch was lucky this time, Kira already passed out once when it was still daytime. Otherwise she'd totally be upping her vocal cords, plus there was absolutely no way she was going to be passing out in this smelly swamp, even if she knew there was at least one person here who would probably catch her. She didn't feel like taking the chance.

At least the Witch Bitch also dissed the Fitzroy Priss's dreadful family, something Kira definitely took a little joy in. Keeping her arms crossed she took a few steps back, looking back to the ground. Listening in on the Witch's instructions for the journey they didn't want to take part in but might as well learned a bit about it. Which the tsundere knew little about the region. Sprites? What would they even look like? Maybe snot nose brats? Luckily the witch wasn't staying either with them either.

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back