Escape from the Abyss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arpher hears a click of the cell door as it begins to open. He looks over at his wincing friend and extends his sympathy.

“Do not fear the unknown for it is an opportunity to persevere and gain knowledge and experience. We shall walk out and face what ever comes next together.”

Still bound and drowsy from the poison he sees the drow addressing the other prisoners. The first thing he notices is all the different races and languages he will be able to learn if they make it through this part of their journey. Although frightened by the circumstances he’s always admired the drow in some ways. Such an unique race. Unique qualities. He thinks to himself. If I break out of this people will remember me forever.

He refocuses on the task at hand and pronounces to the lizard man and the others in the room. “Shall we escape from this hell together my friends?”

Shocked into stillness by the viciousness of the drow, Riven thinks - I will need to be able to move if we are to fight these beasts. He shuffles back to his cell, places the wall between him and his captors, and sits down. He makes a fist, and extends it towards his shackles, fingers splaying as it moves and whispers in a voice of command "Ar thord!". He is pleased when a streak of icy-white light extends from his hand and strikes his chains. He peers around the corner, his guards haven't noticed. He wants to keep it that way so, potentially to the horror of anyone who can see, he pulls down his undergarments, wrapping them on his chains. He grabs the chains and pulls on them, stretching the centre link so far that he is able to detach them. He sighs, pulls up his clothes, and notices that in the process of releasing his legs, he's stretched a link in his hand shackles enough to slip it out and free his hands too. He stands up again, feeling more prepared for what is to come. He hears the human's exclamation wincing at the attention it might bring them, but feeling contentment at the welcome sentiment. Yes, let's.

To that end he attempts to send a message to the Dragonborn raging at the gates. He grabs his improvised focus, manipulates it by his head, spelling out the ancient dwarven rune for speak and "flings" it in the direction he chose. "Xunder!" He notes that the feeling that usually accompanies his casting is not there, and knows the spell has failed. He keeps it in his palm, hoping it may work in the future, and even if it doesn't - a dwarf without wealth is no dwarf at all.

Last edited:
“No!” Salgric lunged for the door, but was met by cold iron blocking his path. He banged against it desparately. Bahamut, give me the strength to save this woman. He flexed with all of his might, feeling the bars give. However, he was until to break free in time to prevent Eldeth from being thrown from the edge. He falls to the ground. How... again... how could I have done this to another innocent life? Bahamut! What do you want from me! Am I to be your tool or your plaything?!? No... This is my burden to bear. I am meant to be better than those I fight. I must control my self if I am to save anyone. Salgric gets on his knees and says loud enough for his captors to hear, "Bahamut, this I swear on this foul night. I WILL free these men and women from the clutches of these slavers. I will honor the memory of those that fall along the way out. When the moment comes for me to die, I will accept my death with all of the ferocity which you used to seal The Dread Goddess. I know not if you are listening, but I care no longer. This oath is for Eldeth, for the men and women trapped with me now, and for all those whose souls I am still burdened with." Salgric looks up with fire in his eyes and places a talon against his chest, burning out the poison with divine energy while staring at the captor that killed his friend. "Open that door again, and you will not leave this cell."

The fury in Salgric's voice appeared to frighten off Shoor and Asha into rushing off after Ilvara. The quaggoth who had throw Eldeth off the edge of the walkway came back to stare him down. Jorlan had a look of excitement on his face as he indicated that the quaggoth should punish Salgric. He was happy to oblige, reaching through the door and yanking the dragonborn out by his neck.

As the door to the prison was closing, Riven had barely enough time to jam his arm into the doorway, crushing it slightly, but keeping the door from latching.

The quaggoth was surprised when Solgric was able to use his divine powers and hit him with a punch that caused him to be set ablaze. But through that pain, it was still able to slash at Solgric's chest with its monsterous claws. Just then, Riven used his magic to cause an earthquake, knocking all 3 quaggoth and 2 drow who were watching the fight to the ground. Jorlan stayed upright, but began to laugh with joy at the scene playing out before him.

Salgric used every bit of his strength to push his new rival off the edge to meet the same fate that Eldeth had. He looked down to see what had become of his friend, only to find that she had been wrapped up and killed by a pair of gigantic spiders. The quaggoth was wrapped and sedated quickly, and would be eaten over the next day.

The door being open, and the most threatening seeming jailors now being flat on their backs, many of the other prisoners decided to join the fray...

Witnessing the killing of the dwarf is enough to make Ben feel the stirrings of a kinship with his fellow captives. The bravery and rebellion exhibited by those at the door only serves to further that admiration.

If only I could be so brave, he tries not to think. None of that will matter if I remain in these bonds.

As the commotion erupts in the distance, Ben finds a stone near the entrance to his cell that seems to be of just the right shape and hardness to weaken the chains that bind his wrists and ankles. Drawing every bit of energy he can muster, he begins to slam the chain into the edge of the rock. Nothing happens at first, but after several attempts, a link in the chain starts to fail. He lifts his hands higher, and slams them down harder, picking up speed with every repetitive motion, until the stone bursts clean through the last bit of a metal.

Exhausted from the effort, Ben tries desperately to concentrate on breaking the remaining chain - that which binds his ankles - but he finds his attention drifting off to the sounds from the fighting outside the room. If his side loses, the room would fill with drow and their abettors very shortly.

But if his side won, he could stand alongside them in battle, and die a death his masters would have been proud of.

He leaps into the air, kicking down hard astride the stone and catching himself on his hands as the chain between his ankles breaks in two. And without a moment wasted, he starts for the door.

Then the crossbow bolt catches Ben's eye. He picks it up, noticing the fluid on its tip. Examining it, he spends a moment thinking, before returning to his cell.

"I am going to fight them, alongside the other prisoners," he says to the meditating fish creature. "I already have a weapon, so let this be of use to you if you need it." Ben extends the bolt to his cellmate.

Last edited:
The strange fish man doesn't get up, or really even move, but he does accept the bolt from you, and "smiles," if you can call anything that face does smiling.

Wilma easily slips off her shackles and slinks forward, staying in the shadows as she focuses her attention on the battle. Salgric procedes to kick annother quaggoth down into the spider pit. The drow, Jorlan excitedly shoots a crossbow at one of the archers across the gap as he shouts about Ilvara being a cheating lover. He seems to be an ally of convenience for the time being.

Ront bursts through the door and smashes the face of one of the downed drow with his manacles, nearly destroying the creature's skull. As he stands tall over it, ready to end it's life, Ebenezer throws a flame onto the drow, which immediately consumes it, reducing one of your captors to ash.

Following Salgric's lead, Galdrok rushes forward and, while still chained, dropkicks the last quaggoth into the spider's pit below. Riven attempts to freeze the drow near him, in order to keep him alive for questioning, but his spell misses its mark.

The drow who is now surrounded by prisoners yells as he fires a crossbow bolt into the neck of Ront, and the large Orc falls forward, succomming to the poison again. The archer across the gap fires at Galdrok, hitting him, but his anger at seeing his new friend fall kept him from feeling the full effects of the poison. Some reenforcements show up on each bridge, a pair of drow, and a quaggoth holding a very recognisable warhammer...

Last edited:
Wilma creeps out an drops the drow by shanking it in the back, and she takes his crossbow, along with his ammo and dissapears back into the shadows. Salgric reaches over to use his divine powers to bring Ront back to his feet and walks over to the edge of the bridge with the drow on it. Jorlan shoots at the archer, but misses and tosses a set of keys to Salgric.

Ront breaks his leg restraints and wozzily moves to get closer to the quaggoth. Ebenezer grabs the shortsword from the body that he turned to ash and rushes over to stab at the quaggoth, missing. Galdrok gets in the quaggoth's face, startling it, and allowing him to take Joybringer from it's hands. He swings, breaking the monster's jaw with the large hammer.

The quaggoth slashes at Galdrok and Ebenezer, but only makes grazing contact with Galdrok's chest. Riven summons what power he can to throw a magical wriggling ball of acid onto the quaggoth, burning off all of it's hair and leaving it looking close to death.

The drow on the bridge move up to get into combat with Salgric, slashing open his stomach with a shortsword attack, while his bridgemate shoots his crossbow at Riven, who uses the last of his magical energy to block the bolt with a spectral shield. The archer across the gap fires at Galdrok, hitting, but Galdrok is too angry to be stopped by a little poison...

Wilma sneak attacks the drow on the other side of the bridge, and knocks it out with the poison on the crossbow. Salgric breathes fire onto the two drow who are with him on the bridge, burning the bridge up. He jumos just in time to keep from falling into the gigantic webs below. Finally, Jorlan shoots the quaggoth through the eye, killing it and still smiling to himself.

Salgric looks up, blood pouring from his many wounds, and smoke still rising from his burning maw. I live yet despite my many sins. Not only that, but Bahamut is still providing me aid. My purpose now is clear. I must fulfill my oath I swore to protect these people with my life. He stands up wearily, and places a claw against his chest, letting Bahamut's divine might flow through him, filling him with determination to carry on. Immediately, his more grievous wounds begin to seal themselves up. He stumbles forward as platinum energy swirls around him, and says, "Comrades, I know this situation appears dire, but I know that between us we are capable of doing great things." He sweeps a clawed hand around him. "Look around us. This was not done by the Half-Orc, the dwarf, or even me. This was done by all of us together. I swear to you all, with all of the life granted to me by Bahamut I have left, I will stand firm as a shield. I have allowed myself to wallow in my guilt for far too long. I am no leader, and I will be the first to admit that my judgement is one to be questioned. I offer myself over to you as an instrument for your freedom. Together, we will escape this godforsaken place, for Eldeth, and for all those that we have lost to these damned drow. This is my solemn vow, and may Bahamut smite me where I stand if even for a moment I waiver from it." Salgric pauses, astounded that he himself had spoken those words, and then looks around to the group, waiting for a response. He looked in his other claw, realizing that there were keys dangling in them, long forgotten in the fray. He unlocked the cuffs around his ankles, letting them to fall to the ground in a loud *clank*. He tossed them to the dwarf who cast the spell that saved his life, and nods gratefully.

Last edited:
Turning to listen to the dragonborn, Riven, doesn't approach him, feeling his hammer, Joybringer, pulling at him like a rope around his spine. "Yer damn right ya judgment is ta be questioned, yer'd be dead, and we'd all be down a fighter if'n I hadn't caught that door and these orcs" he manages not to spit the word, if barely "hadn't realized their best hope lay in joining us! I'd ask ya ta not be so stupid in the future!" he turned towards the orcs holding his axe. "Now..." noticing Galdroks ancestry for the first time "orc-man, twas a strike worthy of Joybringer, but a'd like ma hammer back".

Galdrok stands tall, still exhausted and slightly wounded from the fight. He wipes the quaggoth blood of his face and drops to his knees with his face looking upward. A mighty roar comes building up from his toes and he shouts out the last remaining bit of rage, signaling that the battle is over. He pulls the arrows that have lodged inside his body out one by one, clenching his teeth as he pulls. Once the arrows are removed, he stands up and takes a good look around him.

He hadn't seen much during his rage, just flashes of his enemies falling before him. His attention is pulled by the lizard man holding a inspiring speech, Galdrok would've listened with glee, but the poison in his system is claiming most of his conciousness. He raises his fist to Ront, proud of what they've accomplished. One of the small humans runs up to Galdrok, asking if he can have his hammer back. "Joybringer? Hammer? What are you talki-" Galdrok answers confused, only noticing at the end of his sentence that the small human is referring to the hammer he's apparently holding in his right hand. He didn't even notice wielding it, it just appeared after the lights went out. "Oh, this hammer? Sure, it's yours anyway. Dad told me it's impolite to steal stuff, so I'm sorry!" Galdrok crouches down and hands over Joybringer, worry in his face as he apparently took something that wasn't his.

He turns to the lizard man who had just finished his story. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch most of that. I'll be sure to listen next time." Galdrok's eyes are steadily losing it's lively glow, it's obvious the half-orc is struggling to stay concious now that his rage is sated. He sits down on the ground right in front of the lizard man and slowly closes his eyes. "You seem like a good guy, I'm just going to rest my eyes for a bit.. Watch over Ront for me... He can be quite..." Galdrok falls asleep, mumbling incomprehensibly in his sleep.

Ebenezer's attention is absent once more.

In his mind he watches a rush of falling hoofs, rattling armor, and a flowing black banner with a mighty red raven at its center.

He was only a boy, the middle-born of nine genasi children, all of whom stood assembled outside their home. The sound of the party approaching was not unlike that of a crumbling mountain. His mother reached down and covered his ears with her hands.

When the visiting group held up their horses, a towering samurai in blood-red battledress immediately dismounted and began to approach the genasi family. Ebenezer's father seemed both nervous and elated when he saw the man's bearded brown face.

"Are you .. ? I thought you'd send an infantryman. Maybe a squire," he said to the man, bowing deeply. "What I mean is -- we weren't expecting you to come here yourself, Sir Wallace."

"Well I wasn't expecting there to be so many of you," he said, glancing over at the children. "May the Crimson General watch over this beautiful band for all time." He turned to Ben's mother and bowed deeply from the waist. "Bless you, my lady," he said. "Now, where is he?"

Ben's oldest brother, a strapping boy of thirteen, stepped forward from the line of genasi children, lowering his head. His father stood behind him. "Right here, sir. My oldest son."

"His name?"

Ben's father looked away for a moment before replying. "We have a name for him, sir. But he's yours now."

Sir Wallace examined the boy, then looked at his mother once more. "What is his name, Madam?"

"His name is Rakim," she replied.

"Right. Let's see how you move then, lad."

Nothing happened at first. Ben's father broke the silence. "What would you like him to do, Sir Wallace?"

The samurai smiled. "What do you think I'd like him to do? Fight, of course."

The genasi looked out at Sir Wallace's men. "He'd be happy to demonstrate his skill, sir. Do you have a boy in mind he might be fit for? Someone his size, perhaps?"

"No," said Sir Wallace, as he pulled a pair of heavy wooden swords from a sack atop one of the horses. "But you do." He threw one sword to Rakim, who caught it with ease, and the other to Ben, who did not.

"Sir, this boy does not share his brother's aspirations of warfare. He has never touched a weapon in his life. Please, do not make him fight."

The samurai's voice was a blast of pure fury. "Our party is no longer in the service of your office, vice magistrate! I do not take orders from you. The raven flies highest in this land at this time, does it not?" he pointed back at his banner.

"It does," Ben's father relented. He picked up the sword and brushed the dirt from its wooden blade before placing it into Ben's shaking hands. "Go fight your brother, Halil."

Ben was in tears. "I don't want to hurt him," he said through choked breathing.

"Hurt him?" his father asked, confused.

But Rakim was already charging forward, his sword held high above his head, and an absence of mercy in his eyes.

Ebenezer's concentration drifts back to the prison, where the dragonborn captive is addressing those present. Ben plays the fight in his mind.

I did my duty, yes. I did not fear death. I fought those who sought to enslave me.

But what did he do, really, aside from burning up a half-dead fighter, who probably hadn't even seen him coming? And the beast he failed to cut was a target so large, that a warrior with half his years of training could have managed to strike true.

This dragonborn, though. This is a true combatant.

While Ben was still exhausted from barely managing to offer that quaggoth a haircut, this dragonborn was leaping from a burning bridge, having nearly sacrificed his body for the good of some strangers.

This is a being worth my blade. This is a figure I shall fight alongside, for as many battles that await us.

And when all of this is over, and the sun is in our eyes once more, I will challenge this dragonborn to fight me to the death. If I fall by his blade, honor will be served. And if I kill him, I will finally call myself worthy of the banner of my masters.

Ben waits for some of the others to finish speaking before he starts in. "Dragonborn. You say that you are no leader, and that may be true," he says, lowering himself to one knee and bowing his head. "But you shall lead me, and I shall follow no other, for as long as we remain in this darkness."

As the fray breaks out in the prison Arpher scanned the room and found less able bodied prisoners and still bound at the wrists and ankles managed to crawl over to then and attempted to calm them down.

“Fear not my friends this is just the beginning of our journey together. I will not be able to participate in this fight but in the ones that I yet to come I should prove my worth. If you would like I can show you some things after we get out of these shackles.”

Half watching and calming the prisoners Arpher is amazed by the combat magic that was happening as he’s only simulated it with his Grand Master. When the drow were defeated Arpher sees the one they were calling Salgric carrying a set of keys.

He calls out “My friend if you wouldn’t mind unbinding me? I believe more friends and less enemies will be advantageous for people who are in our current state. I’m looking for a scarf and a quarterstaff have you seen these things?”

Arpher smiles at Salgric bows his head and winks his eye.

“My names Arpher the pleasure quite literally is all mine.”

"You are the craziest buch of slaves I have ever seen," Jorlan interrupts. "As I said earlier, normally I wouldn't be helping you, but that bich Ilvara needs to be taken down a few pegs. If you want to get out of here and past the rest of the guards, you will likely want weapons and armor. Well lucky for you, you all didn't burn both bridges down." He steps over to the one intact bridge, "The armory is in that stelagtite across there, and the reenforcements that you already killed were its guards. I'll even keep watch outside so you can rest up from your fight." He offers with a smile. You all didn't notice before, but you find it very strange to see a drow smiling.

Once the last foe had fallen Wilma walkes over to where she had killed the first drow and begins to scalp it with the same flint rock she used to kill it. Hearing Salgric's speech she becomes enraptured and and its conclusion stands and holds the bloody scalp and stone high yelling. "Death to the Drow! Vengeance! Kill them all!". Seeing Jorlan she smiles at him, pointing her fingers at her eyes and then pointing the same fingers towards his own. She then kneels down and scavenges anything useful from the corpse.

While rummaging through the back towards the two strange gnomes that gave her such a fright when she first awoke and waved them over saying, "Come, we must arm ourselves for the path ahead.". Wilma then heads towards the Drow she poisoned into a slumber and drags it from near the edge to against the stalagmite wall, moves its weapons away from its person and straddles the Drow, sitting on its chest and uses the flint to begin to take its scalp.

Riven was shocked at first when Galdrok handed over the hammer, he had been expecting a fight from the orc. He was even more shocked when the orc-man said that he knew not to take thing that weren't his. Riven had never fought orcs in his home in Sundabar, since they rarely had dealing with outside, but had heard stories of their ferocity and lack of reason. He turns back to the scene of slaughter, the lone remaining drow laughing to himself. I do not know what will come of it, but it seems we are bound to this creature for now. We will need to keep an eye on him. "Keys" Riven says out loud to the dragonborn, who seemed to be permanently in a religious fervour. He caught them out of the air, and started on the heavy manacles still attached to his hands. As he did so, a being, who seemed tinged with fire, suddenly committed himself to following the mad dragonborn. Riven sighed "Gorm, protect me from these fools."

He turned, back towards the door to the prison, not wanting to leave anyone to suffer the ministrations of the drow. He starts unshackling Buppido and Stool. "Friends, we could'a used ya, but tank you for the warning" he says towards stool, speaking louder now for the rest to hear "We go now for th' armory, trusting the word of a mad drow, a understand if y'wish to find your own way out, but know that we can use err'one to face what's t'come." He remained just long enough to unshackle the remainder, and see if any were willing to join them, before turning and leaving towards rope bridge leading to the armory.

As Arpher sees Riven approach the cell with him and the rest of the slaves. He clears his thoat..

“Well fought my friend and thank you for coming to our rescue Nobel hero! Your tactics although gruesome were rather..... effective. If you wouldn’t mind?” Arpher turns his back and shakes his shackles.

“I would like very much to show my worth going foreword with you gentlemen. I’m very curious about this Jorlan fellow. As for the rest of you.” He addresses the rest of the slaves in the room with him. “Will you be joining us?”

Salgric turns to Ben. “I do not ask to serve as your leader, but as long as you too seek to free these people from this place, I will not shy away from it. Know this, however. I intend to obey the will of this group above my own poor judgement. I pray this sits well with you, flameing brother. Your aid was greatly appreciated in this battle.” He turns to the sleeping half orc on the ground, and lifts him into a half carry, the best he could manage at the moment. He turns to the full orc. “Come with me, stout-hearted brother. We must take up arms against our foes.” He crosses the bridge and walks over to Jordan by the armory. Upon entering it, he immediately spies his platinum armor, now mud spattered and dull from disuse. He sighs and shrugs it on, and while putting on the plate boots, he finds himself face to face with a shield bearing a wolf’s snarling head engraved on it. This must be Eldeth’s... I owe it to her to see it returned to her family. It is my cross to bear in this task. I shall not forget her in this dark place, and I shall see this shield brought out of this abyss! This I swear to Bahamut, to Eldeth, to her ancestors, to all who shall listen. This shield shall be returned! Oily tears roll up in Salgric's eyes as he straps the shield to his arm, and selects a simple longsword with an obsidian hilt and a rhino’s head on the pommel.

Last edited:
Walking amongst those who would bring vengeance to their slavers, and having been accepted - albeit with great trepidation - into the service of the dragonborn warrior, Ebenezer enters the armory, almost feeling whole.

Almost.

If Ben is to do as his Lord Dragonborn commands - to free the many folk who were stolen from the surface - the paltry shortsword he is holding will simply not suffice.

Alfred's mighty halberd is propped upright in a darkened corner of the armory, leaning on the wall with all the silken ease of the Deacon himself. Ebenezer kicks the hilt out to one side, causing its fearsome blade to fall level with the ground, and its shaft to drop firmly in his palms. He notices now that his hands have been shaking, but the longer they stay wrapped around his weapon, the stiller they become.

Careful to stand clear of the others, Ben launches into a somewhat restrained, but no less deliberate rendition of his daily exercises. Though the halberd itself suffuses him with a glimpse of the Deacon's soothing flair, the style of his movements are a better reflection of the other of his fallen masters - the terrifying Sir Wallace.

A toxic violence underlines every stroke. The flames in his hair lick higher and brighter than they had since he found himself underground.

Across the room, he finds a pile containing some of his other belongings, including his armor and the banner of Sir Wallace. He had coin when he was captured, and is not surprised to find it missing from his purse. But the absence of his signet ring - the only remaining artifact of the life he lived before he took up the blade - makes him wonder whose finger he will have to remove to retrieve it.

Once she has taken the scalp of the second Drow, she heads into the armoury and slumps down exhausted against the wall and closes her eyes. Thinking back to when she first met Yondel when they were kids... sneaking into the the guards barracks and switching all of the furniture two inches to the left. And how his life was taken in an instant right in front of her. Wilma knows shes not a good person... she and Yondel did the dirty work for their Guild that needed doing. Or just because the cash was too good to pass up. Hell her adopted brother Wilman looks up to her. She chuckles a bit at the thought, a 9ft tall Goliath looking up to a 3ft Halfling... and now she might never see both her families again. But what she can do is help those here, and kill very last one of those responsible for the death of her friend...

Wilma opens her eyes as a couples of tears on her face she wipes a blood soaked hand to wipe the tears away leaving a streak of blood on her face. Staring at here hand she looks at the flint and her arms. Taking the stone in her hand she makes two small cuts on her arm and then stands taking stock of the amroury. She takes the studded leather armour, shield, shortsword, shortbow, twenty arrows and crossbows. Storing the Thieves Tools in hand and pats it gently, fond memories of the best coming to the fore, but pushed quickly to the back of her mind. Once armed she steps into the middle of the armoury and says, "We now have what we need to take this outpost.Will we take the opportunity to exact our revenge on those that wronged us, or will we make haste and flee? I dont know about your all here, but I lost someone very dear to me when I was taken... I aim to avenge that death. I think with the strength and arms we have here, we can take this place. Loot it for supplies and possible maps. Then make our way to safety. I can scout ahead unseen, unlock what is barred from us, or silence those in our way quietly. What say you all?". Wilma eyes those gathered awaiting a reply.

While most of this is happening around him Arpher is vigorously rifling through all the clothing and nooks and crannies he can find. He’s looking for something specific it appears. He doesn’t let the others know because he’s somewhat embarrassed, like a child that has come of age still carrying around a baby blanket. His thoughts and rage combine for the first time: I must find Grand Master Arpher’s scarf. It has to be here I’ve haven’t taken it off since I’ve left home. I can’t leave it behind it must be here! “Remember your training Arpher always remember your training” a calm familiar voice comes over him.

Arpher recalibrated, inhales deep and takes a look around and realizes what seems to be histaria. He sees Wilma taking scalps and gathering supplies. “Excuse me friend, I believe those ones are already dead. Where do you intend to keep that skin?” There is a pause in Arphers speech as he recollects his thoughts. “I would also advise against self harm as I believe we will be running in to more of it before we leave this place. However, who ever brought us here took something very important to me. I do wish continue and perhaps help you on your journey as well. I don’t enjoy seeing people in pain or being afraid. I would like to lend my assistance in your unseen adventure I’m very good at getting people into areas that aren’t magically protected. We can bring everyone if you would like! I hope this helping hand in the dark place we find ourselves in should be the first step in the right direction to repair your soul. I’m sorry about your friend.” Arpher in a genuine and sincere way extends his hand to Wilma’s and uses his left hand to enclose Wilma’s hand in both of his.

“What do you say?”

The effects of the poison ebbing away, Galdrok slowly wakes up from his short lived slumber. He rubs his eyes and lets out a big yawn before looking at his surroundings. He seems to have reached the armory, only he does not know how. Frankly, he doesn't really care either. All the prisoners seem to have taken up arms, arming themselves with armor and weapons, as well as stuffing their backpacks.

He slowly gets up one foot at a time and starts rummaging through the leftovers of the armory, seeing as he was quite late to scavenge. "First things first, I'm getting some clothes on. This rod is a pain in the ass." He thinks to himself, pulling the metal rod out of his underwear and chucks it in a corner. He searches through the pile of clothes and digs out his backpack. He dons his old getup, pats off most of the crusted salt that remained from his dive in the sea, and puts on his hat.

"Now I need to arm myself, I gave away that hammer, and that rod won't do the trick against these giant furballs." Galdrok thinks as he scouts around. He spots a greatsword mounted on the wall, as he grabs it and inspects the blade, he thinks, "That'll do". Decently armed for whatever combat may come, Galdrok walks up to Salgric and extends his hand for a shake. "Thanks for dragging me over here, I figured it had to be you by the bloodstains I had on my legs."

"Aye, it was me." Salgric takes Galdroks hand and performs a manly handshake. "I am Salgric Brightscale, former paladin of the Knights of Bahamut. And you, my blood brother?" Salgric eyes over the strange half-orc. He may be an odd fellow, but he seems capable in combat. Seems like a good man to have on my side.

Wilma looks up to Arpher oddly for a moment but slowly nods and smacks his proffered hand intricately in the way she would another member of her Thieves Guild. She replies to him saying, "Survive together or die alone.". She then eyes the group of totally not pc's and npc's awaiting their contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back