Escape from the Abyss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riven arrives in the armoury, holding his hammer in two hands in front of himself, overjoyed at holding this last remnant of his past life and past love. Perhaps this will be the thing that wins me glory enough to return to my home, they can't refuse to hear my side when I arrive with the blood of drow upon my hands and my hammer. Or, if I can just get to "Jarana...". He says this last word out loud.

He looks up suddenly, realizing he had crossed the bridge and entered a space filled with weaponry, and people arming themselves. He starts searching through the armour for something his size. Finding a chain mail in his size he dons it over his undershirt, "May Berronar Truesilver welcome you" he says simply, thinking of the dwarf who died in their escape, and to whom this must have belonged. He manages to find his clothing and most of his gear, packing it up as it had been before. He doesn't find his family ring, or his scroll of pedigree It mattered little to him as he had kept those hidden in the bottom of his backpack, and hadn't looked at them in months. My return to Sundabar lies not in rings and paper, he thought.

"A'fore ya go running off" he says to the stealthy ones planning a fact-finding mission, "mayhaps we should speak ta our unexpected helper. Ah take 'is assistance with a grain of salt, but I d'not wish to see ya walk into a trap ya coulda known about."

Kellen walks to the drow standing outside the armoury, assuming he will be followed. He prepares his last bit of magic "Jorlan was it?" He holds out his hand "Ah 'ave no love for the Drow, but it seems we be working together - what do ya want, and what should we know about this place?"

"I want Ilvara to lose it all, she has built up all this power in the church and in drow society. A prison break, losing hundreds of gold worth of slaves, is something that she couldn't live down with the elders." Jorlan looks at you like you are an animal, he clearly does not respect you, or your station. Jorlan looks around, "Over there, across that bridge is where we keep the quaggoth, though there aren't nearly as many of those anymore. On the back side of the prison pillar was annother bridge that leads to the temple of Lolth. That way will be your only way out." He snears slightly, sounding like he is explaining everything to children. "Where you go from here, I wont follow, I don't want my name dragged through the mud. Good luck escaping."

"I am Galdrok Stonecleaver, my scaled friend. I have no titles like yourself, but I used to be a sailor of the seas." Galdrok looks with pride, but his pride is quickly replaced with deep shame as he remembers Verale. It's been such an crazy turn of events, escaping out of the clutches of a pirate captain, to being imprisoned in the underdark. "I have to get out of here, I need to correct an error that has been made. I can't die before I cleanse myself from what I've done." He turns his head to Ront, looks at how he's doing and turns his head back to Salgric. Galdrok's eyes are alive, brimming with vigor and passion. "Let's get out of here together, all of us."

After preparations are made and Topsey and Turvey are equipped well enough to provide backup, Wilma leads them to scout for the group. She leads them to a spot to examine the next stalagmite Talking lowly to the gnomes as whispering carries over distances Wilma asks, "What do you two see? All I can make out is that there doesnt seem to be any of the enemy in sight, but that doesnt mean that I might have missd something. There is also door above the bridge that might have something useful inside... and there is a bridge leading to the other end of the stalagmite that would logically lead to the same level of the door I mentioned. Six eyes are better then two.".

They appear to give a good look but just turn back towards her and shrugs. Wilma nods, feeling a bit safer now that her own sight proved accurate in that there most likely isnt anyone watching... but that doesnt mean they need to act stupidly. She indicated with her head they should keep moving ahead a bit to gather more information. for the rest of the group. They cave light begin to dim and she thinks that it might becoming night topside. Continuing on Wilma puts her finger to her lips to indicate silence to the gnomes and then wordlessly shows them via example with her own hand-crossbow for them to get ready to fire at anything that opens the door as she examines it. Once done she gently places her ear near the door and closes her eyes, trying to focus on any sounds that might be inside.

Hearing what appears to be a woman in prayer and nothing else Opening her eyes, she points to the door and holds up one finger, indicating that there is one occupant in the room. She then starts to carefully examine the lock to see if it is locked. Seeing that it is she takes out her Thieves Tools, Wilma slowly gets to work on the lock as quietly as possible, gently feeling inside of the lock with her pick to see where the grooves are inside, and space between the tumblers. She takes her time, attempting to become in-tuned with the lock and know its every nook and cranny so as to make its picking that much easier. It takes a few moments but after a while it clicks satisfactorily and Wilma, pleased with her work puts her tools away and continues to listien, trying to see if the drow inside has noticed.

During this time she has noticed no reaction from behind her from the others so as sh turns, she witnesses the gnome twins transform into rat-people and charge through the door and all she can do is shout out, "WHAT THE FUCK...!".

Riven charges into the room, noticing the gigantic spider/drow hybrid statue, the door, the carpet in the middle of the floor, the large pile of coushions, and Asha screaming in the middle of the room. He immediately casts chaos bolt and his wild magic surges, killing Asha outright, and destroying the statue.

The two warerats attack him, only hitting once but nearly transmitting their curse to Riven. The rest of the party rushes through the door just in time to see a much larger quaggoth breaking down the door with Salgric's War Pike, wearing Arpher's scarf around its waist. The creature just barely fits through the door.

Wilma uses her crossbow to fire at the quaggoth, but it shakes it off immediately. Slowly from the pile of pillows raises a gigantic spider that climbs the ceiling, biting down, completely focused on Riven.

Riven thinks quickly, realizing the gems he had taken may have caused the giant spider to go for him. He tossed the gems between the legs of the quaggoth. He swung around with his warhammer, casting booming blade on the weapon and smashing the spider into the ceiling. The spell left the spider with a shell of thunder around it.

A pair of drow could be heard coming up behind the quaggoth in the doorway, and between its legs, it could be seen that they picked up the gems. The wererats look around and attack Salgric and Arpher. Despite its best efforts, Salgric’s armor was too tough, but Arpher did get hit with a slash from a sword.

Salgric swings at the wererat that attacked him, taking a chunk of its tail with him, and Ebenezer comes up beside him, swinging at the same creature. Despite his extra focus, Ben couldn’t make contact with the creature’s flesh. The quaggoth moved to swing its warpick at Salgric, but the radiant armor was too tough for it to breach.

Wilma attempts to shoot at the quaggoth again, but her bolt goes wide. Slightly embarrassed, she moves back to the door, and hides behind it. Arpher, seeing his scarf around the giant creature’s waist, rushes over to attack it, getting another sword strike as he moved away. The quaggoth took a quarterstaff and a kick to the head. Galdrok moved over to the spider on the ceiling and swung up at it, but put too much power behind his swing and missed, cracking the ceiling.

The spider seemed to escape its tranced fixation on Riven, and came to noticing all of the danger around it. It attempted to move, being struck with the thunder around it, and Galdrok, not wanting it to get away, slashed up once again, nearly gutting the creature. It scuttled away, clearly on its last legs and attempted to shoot a web toward the creature that had nearly killed it, but nothing seemed to happen.

Riven turns and casts a bolt of lightning at the quaggoth, burning the hairs on its arm where it tried to block the attack. The drow enter the room, appearing quite scared, and swing wildly at the nearest targets they can see, but miss completely. The wererats slash at Ebenezer and Arpher, getting a shortsword attack into each of them.

Salgric and Ebenezer double teamed the quaggoth, but both of them failed to make contact. The creature tried to fight back, but it missed as well. Suddenly, the bolt from Wilma’s crossbow appears in the quaggoth’s neck. It reactively reaches up to pull it out, and slumps the the floor, dead.

Arpher, who had been entirely focused on the scarf around the creature’s waist, rushed over and pulled it off of its corpse. Wrapping the fabric around his neck, where it belonged, he move away from the swinging swords, just now noticing his wounds. Galdrok chucks his improvised club toward the giant spider, but it goes wide, clanging against the wall behind the creature.

The spider, fearful as it bleeds out, lashes out to bite Riven, taking a good slice out of his arm, but Riven returns by slamming Joybringer through the creature, flattening it completely.

The two drow guards, looking very scared, wildly flail their shortswords, slashing at Salgric and Galdrok. One of the wererats (Turvy) seems to snap out of his frenzy, but the other (Topsy) continues his assault on Ebenezer, though his armor keeps him safe.

Salgric steps over to heal Riven. Ebenezer psychs himself up and slashes at Topsy, taking the tip of his tail. Ben tries to scare the drow away with his flames, but they don't seem to be any more worried than before.

Wilma fires annother bolt from the shadows into the neck of one of the drow, while Galdrok slashes at both of them, cutting them both into peices.

When the threats seem to be mostly dead, Wilma calms Topsy, assuring him that he can be a valuable member of their team.

Arpher and Riven flip the quaggoth, finding 3 potions of healing attached to its chest. Then Riven realizes that the stalagtite is too large to only contain this room. He finds a trap door under the rug, and uses his magic to open it.

Wilma continues to pet the scared weregnome Topsy and whispers in it's ear, "Shhh now comrade, no need to be scared. We are allies in this, and your gift is a great boon against our fight against the Drow.". She looks to the other weregnome and nods her head approvingly before saying to both, "Your combined strengths from your gifts could become our salvation. We must gather our wits and carry on to the next stalagmite. Can we count both of you amongst our number?"

After finishing she hearing the request for a lockpicker Wilma looks over and says, "I am skilled in such, what have you found?" Waiting for an answer she moves over and loots the two drow of anything that might be of use. ((more poisoned bolts, poison itself etc.))

Arpher is clearly struggling and the rush of the battle begins to fade away. He reaches down to asses his wounds as they continue to bleed. Standing over the Quaggoth who had once worn his scarf he notices a few vials in his pocket but cannot access them with out flipping him over. Arpher grabs hold of him to give him a tug but as he gave his first tug the shooting pain traveled through his body. “Agh” a muffled cry for pain eeks out.

“Dwarf would you like to give me a hand?” With the help of Riven they were able to finally flip the beast over where they found 3 vials of healing potions. “Thank you my friend I apologize for my carelessness in battle. I’m typically far more strategic and useful. However since you all have helped me I will share with you why I was so careless.” Arpher sits down next to the Quaggoth and chugs a potion of healing that he found. “I was taken in as a young boy by a halfling monk named Arpher. The monastery that I practiced at is the only reason I’m alive and the reason why I am who I am. Through the support of my Grand Master he was able to let me grow and explore other races and work and interact with many different people. One day he knew it was time to let me go and explore the world on my own this scarf is the last thing left I have from him.” He reaches around his neck to make sure it’s securely fashioned. “In my travels, I went to sleep and woke up down here not remembering a single thing about getting here. I would like very much to get out of this place, but also make sure that these things won’t be capturing more people.”

Arpher sees the trap door pop open and is intreagued although knows that he expended most of his energy and life in the last fight and that he would not be very useful if more danger came. He really needed to meditate and re center himself as he saw himself straying from his path the Grand Master Arpher had laid out for him, but he’s readied himself to help protect and fight with this new band of people. He’s felt a sense of community for the first time since he’s left home and doesn’t want to let it go.

Numbness.

A crash of screaming metal rings out against the walls of the cave as the Deacon’s mighty halberd hits the ground. Ebenezer looks down at his empty hands to find them shaking once more. An orange-grey steam rises up from the tips of his fingers.

Sickness.

The voices of the halfling and the monk drum along in dull tones, and though they speak the common tongue, their words leave no mark in Ben’s mind. It feels as though a fever has sucked the life from every muscle in his body. The flames in his hair start to flicker. They climb high above his head very briefly, before settling into a dim glowing heap just above the surface of his scalp.

Shame.

He senses the towering crimson presence of Sir Wallace, as though the man himself is standing behind him, grabbing him by the crown of his skull, and forcing him to watch and re-watch the visions of his own inadequacy boiling up before his eyes. Slashing. Missing. Slicing. Missing. Screaming. And failing to impart even the slimmest bit of fear in those who would see him enslaved. How did it come to this, after so many thousands of hours spent training?

Realization.

Oh, he thinks. That’s how. “Lord Dragonborn,” he calls out as he reaches down to lift his weapon from the cold stone floor. It feels somehow lighter than it did just moments prior, when he found himself swinging and missing and swinging and inviting dishonor upon himself, his fallen teachers, and the warrior he had now sworn to serve.

Clarity.

He wanted to miss the warerats. He never even wanted to nip that one’s tail, and was horrified the moment that he did. He never wanted to strike them in the first place, not because he felt sorry for them, but because he was afraid of what they would do to him if he made them angry.

He was a coward. There was no other explanation. None that mattered, anyway.

“Lord Dragonborn,” he repeats, as he drops to both knees before his liege. “I vowed to serve you, and to aid you in the cause of freedom for these people. I realize now, however, that the most noble path I can walk at this time is that of death.”

“With my failure in battle, I have robbed you of your honor, and brought upon your family the lingering devil of disgrace. It can only be lifted by my hand.”

“I offer now to restore your honor and that of my masters by washing this very halberd with my life’s blood.”

Ebenezer presses the blade of his master's halberd to his stomach, closes his eyes, and breathes.

Peace.

Galdrok stands tall with bloodied greatsword in hand. The remainder of what once were drow is lying splattered across the ground. He's panting heavily, his eyes staring at nothingness, completely adsorbed in the moment.

In his mind, the scene of his battle is put on replay. His sight fixated on his targets, the borders of his vision pulsating white. Galdrok took on a wide stance, his feet spreading far, his greatsword motioned backwards over his shoulder like a batter ready to swing. His torso twisting as hard as he could, the greatsword started gaining momentum until it gained top speed at his hip. Like a hot knife through butter, Galdrok's greatsword entered the side of one drow and left through the other drow, effectively seperating both legs and torso for both the drow.

Galdrok is brought back to his surroundings by his greatsword slipping out of his hand, the metallic sound of it hitting the stone beneath him rings through his ears. "Uugh.. Did we win?"

Salgric stares down at the pick lying in the bloodied hands of the quaggoth before him. My implement of justice... I have fought many battles with it in my hands, but were the battles justly fought? He picks it up, and cradles it in his hands for a minute, testing its grip. He flashes back to all of the fights he had with it, seeing his enemies drop before him. How many of them were deserving of their punishment? How many innocent lives did I take with this pick. He gets distracted for a moment as the fire genasi approaches him. His gaze focuses hearing his final words, and as the genasi begins to fall on his blade, Salgric rushes forward, stopping him. "What madness is this? There is no honor in choosing the path of least resistance. We will need everyone we can in order to escape this dark pit of hell. I will not stand for anything like this!" Salgric grips Ben's halberd in his hand and wrenches it away. "I live my life to make up for my many sins, transgressions, and failings now. If you would choose to follow in my path, do not disgrace me by forfeiting your own." Salgric stares deep into the younger mans eyes, challenging him to defy him.

After hearing Arpher's story Riven smiles and says "Well friend, I'am glad yer have found what is yours, as ah've found what is dear t'me." He hefts his war hammer, still the most beautiful weapon he's seen. "Mayhaps we shall've an opportunity to rid the depths o' this Ilvara, and these damned drow. Though fer now, let us aim fer escape - 'am sure we will destroy many more fools along the way, the underdark is a big place, and I feel like we have a long way to go."

He turns to examine the room, then realizes - and extends his hand "Riven, by the way, a pleasure to smash beasties alongside you"

***So i'm trusting Arpher doesn't kill me during our introduction, so this next bit is a little further in time so we can catch up on the events that have already transpired in Discord***

Riven turns around, searching the bodies for the gems he had found during battle. Holding the dark masses he notices a sinister magic about them, and is filled with understanding about the attention they brought from the spider. Realizing that only a drow is safe while holding them, he gets the next best thing, by sawing off one of the dead drow's hands and wrapping the fingers around the gems, before rigor mortis sets in. "Let's hope this works" he thinks, choosing not to share his newfound knowledge with the others. "Either I get out of here with these, or I smash a few more spiders".

He begins searching Asha's body and feels his wild luck return to him. Though he does not notice that his beard is suddenly composed of feathers, and is slowly growing longer.

Upon Asha's badly burnt body he finds a black spider shaped necklace, he recognizes it by it's weight as gold. He holds it above his shoulder, still searching the body. "A trophy! I shall cast this the first chance I get, either into the abyss, or on the forge, into a talisman to Moradin!" Finishing his proclamation he pockets it.

Realizing no one has answered he stands and turns - shocked that Ebenezer seems to be waiting to end his life. He stays silent watching the drama unfold in front of him.

Last edited:
The color vanishes from Ebenezer's eyes. He quickly springs to his feet, then gradually scans the dragonborn from the bottom up.

When his glare finally meets that of Salgric, his hair re-ignites with an explosive puff of burning air, taking on the full life and luminosity that it did when he found his halberd in the armory.

Now that weapon rested in the hands of someone else. This dragonborn warrior.

This Brightscale.

The way he is holding that halberd, with potency and power and all the comfort in the world, is almost indistinguishable from the manner in which it was wielded by its original owner, Deacon Alfred the Dire.

A picture flashes in Ebenezer's mind. He's a boy of nine years. The Deacon is holding his hands and swinging Ben around in a circle. He feels loved and protected. A fire flickers in the night. They are both laughing. And Sir Wallace is killing a soldier nearby.

Another picture flashes. Ebenezer stands across from Salgric. They bow. The halberd bites deeply into dragonborn flesh. A dragon and a genie dance in the shadows of a mountain. It's raining.

"Aye, my lord."

Ebenezer bows, and the color returns to his eyes. He realizes with some embarrassment that he's drawn the attention of the group.

"I will remain at your side, and that of the others."

There is no code of honor underground, is there?

Salgric places a clawed hand on the boy's shoulder. "I'm no lord. I'm just a man with a duty to return these people where they belong. If you are going to be following me, however, I hope that you will take my ideals to heart. Duty and honor are but a part of the code. The primary tenet of Bahamut is that we must protect those who need our protection." He thrusts the halberd back into Ebenezer's hands, and bends down to look him in the eye. "And if we breath our final breaths in service to our fellow person, then that is a death to be praised. You were not the only one without the luck of the gods in that battle. I misplaced my fair share of blows as well. That is because Bahamut had not placed me here to fight his battles." Salgric turns around and walks back to pick up his beautiful weapon. He eyes the war pick he holds in his hands, and after a moment of gazing at it's gleaming platinum form, masterfully crafted by the finest of dwarven smiths, he steels himself, and then hurls it as hard as he could off of the nearest ledge. He turns back to face Ben. "I am no longer his champion. I am merely his humble servant on this plane, seeking to right the wrongs that I and others have wrought upon it. We shall escape here, for those that remain, and those who have fallen." His eyes fall to the shield he now bears on his arm, and he falls silent.

Hearing an audible "click" from the lock opening, Wilma opens the door. The sight intrigues her... this was obviously the bedroom of one of the priestesses... Ahsa most likely as the other bitch is the leader of this outpost so would b in a more elaborate and secure location. Wilma then sets about searching the room for anything of worth but remembering the spider from the chapel chambers, she uses her sword to stab threw any possible hiding spots for spiders.

Riven is shocked by the dragonborns actions, throwing such a fine weapon away, though he should know not to be surprised, he hasn't shown himself to be the most stable person down here, not has this flame walker.
He walks over to Ebenezer, and trying to do some damage control with both of these individuals who seem near the edge, claps him on the back and says "Listen to the dragonborn son, we all fook up sometimes. And, this is for both of you, dying on your own will help no one, best we work together to get out of here."

Hoping that he can use Salgrik's clear influence over the more volatile fire-man to keep them both from going off the edge, he grasps the amulet in his pocket, whispers a deep dwarven "Xunder" while miming throwing something over his shoulder at Salgrik. He communicates telepathically "Be careful with this one, his fervour could be dangerous to us all".

He hopes his meaning is clear - keep him from doing something rash - and continues walking towards the trap door - eager to see what else he can plunder from these drow monstrosities.

"You are endangering them all." Salgric looks around in shock as a female voice echoes in his head, an alien voice repeating the words that he had been thinking for hours now. What is this sorcery? His eyes fall upon the magical dwarf who had just made a strange gesture towards him. Salgric's gaze narrows at him. He must be the source of this foul magic. His words might be true, but my resolve will not be shaken once again. Salgric calls out to Riven. "Maybe so, but it is a risk that needs to be taken. I have sworn on my honor to return all of us to safety, petty parlor tricks or not, but know this. If I find that there is any source of chaos and discord that is harmful to the group, I shall not hesitate to do what must be done to protect us. The needs of the people outweigh those of the individual, be it myself or anyone seeking to bring ruin to this group. The decision will weigh heavily upon my soul, and I shall take no joy in the task." Salgric turns back to the genasi boy and half-orc standing behind him. "Come, comrades. We will accomplish little else standing here. We must keep moving onwards if we hope to see the blue sky once again." He walks on, pausing to stare at Riven once again, and then keeps moving to catch up with the rest of the group

The group is left with a few choices. They now have access to the bedroom of one of the priestesses. Wilma is looking around, but keeps getting distracted. Riven finds a chest inside of the closet area, it is quite large, but it is also locked.

They have access to the bridge that the drow and quaggoth can from during their battle, which they can see leads to annother stalagtite across a gap over what looks like a dark purple lake.

Finally there is the other door near the one leading to the priestess' room. This would seem to lead outside of this stalagtite, but it is still locked.

Riven had tried being diplomatic, but a slight to his honour was not one he could accept - he turned to face the Dragonborn leaving the room. "A source a' chaos! Coming oot ch'you that's richer than a dwarven king! We all wished t'escape, and ya went and got int'a fist fight wit'a behemoth! Tweren't for me and the orc you'd be dead, and us too, wut wit' being down a man trying to fight these beasts!"

He suddenly notices his excessively long beard of feathers "Ay, this again!?" He refuses to be put off track though, and grabs the beard holding it to the side, off the ground, in the same hand as his warhammer.

He continues, pointing a finger from his free hand at Salgric, "And since yer clearly too dense ta get me message, lemme tell yuh very clearly and directly ma concerns." He turns his finger towards Ebenezer "A'm worried that this man has gone mad an'that he is going to do something very stupid to endanger us all! I may have the same concerns about you in all honesty!" He finishes, pointing from Salgrik to Ebenezer one last time "The mad attract the mad a'suppose!" He stalks off, back towards the lower rooms, and adds "And I strongly suggest we rest, some o' us be hurt, and I dinnah wish tah further fracture the group."

He descends the ladder with a huff. As his head disappears those still in the main room hear a loud "AAAHHH-CHOOO" followed by a spray of feathers shooting upwards into the room.

Last edited:
Galdrok wipes off the bits of drow that stuck to him and hears Salgric speak to him. Inspired by his small speech, he nods and speaks, "You are right, lizard man. We will make it out of here, and see that big blue sky that you're speaking of. I will move onward, for myself and for everyone in here!"

His eyes are lit up with enthousiasm as he marches onward. Galdrok looks around, looking at various different things that are going on, people searching rooms, opening and looting stuff. Leaving them to their own devices, he walks over to a wooden door and pushes it forward, noticing that it's locked.

His companions are too occupied with other things for him to warrant their help, so he asks a small favor to the dwarf that's not that far away from him just yet. "Sturdy man! I need your hammer again for a moment!" He shouts towards Riven. Having been given Riven's hammer, Galdrok readies his stance and flings the hammer against the middle of the door, shattering a big chunk of wood. Peeking through the shards of wood, he sees a rope bridge leading to a cave opening in the side of the cavern wall. Having made this discovery, he yells, "Everyone! Lizard man! Another bridge over here! I told you I was going to move onward, didnt I!" Galdrok smiles with glee towards Salgric.

Salgric glares after the dwarf. It appears that it is not only the man who is unable to be relied upon. His abilities seem to share those aspects of him. Still... His words are not entirely without merit. I must take heed in order to not endanger the group again... He is shaken from his thoughts from the words of the half-orc. He nods, his resolve strengthened by Galdrok's words, and watches as the man shattered a large wooden door, revealing the path ahead. "Well done, my comrade! Bahamut graces us with your presence." Salgric walks up to Galdrok and claps a hand on his shoulder. "You truly are a wise man. There is no point in our squabbles, and we must get past them if we seek to escape this place with our lives." Salgric turns to Riven, and drops to a knee for a moment. "You have my apologies, dwarf. Though I may disagree with you, I should not sink so low as to insult my fellow man. I believe that there has been some sort of misunderstanding that has occurred between us, and pray that you can find it in your heart to forgive my transgression." With that, Salgric stands once more, his gaze remaining locked with Riven for a long moment, before turning away to beckon towards Ebenezer. "Come, my comrade. There is work to be done in order to return home."

While attempting to search the chambers she and unlocked the door to, Wilma slipped and hit her head on the floor of the stalagmite, aching in pain she the room to examine the other door when she was called back to unlock a chest found in the room she injured herself in. Somewhat emberessed she had missed the chest she quickly got her tools out and unlocked the chest storing the vial of drow knock out gas it contained as a trap and revealing all of the groups stolen items.

Riven harrumphs at Salgrik and continues on the business of exploring the rooms. He notices the chest that Wilma opens, and after she steps back, please at her work, he glances inside.

He is pleased to find his arcane focus - the only remnant of his past he keeps in the open, but quickly stuffs the proof of his heritage, his scroll of pedigree and his signet ring, in his pack. He also notices a small pile of gems, and picks it up, and puts it in his pack with the rest, as if it were his all along.

While he's hanging the small sculpture of a fist around his neck Ebenezer comes down to join him, pulling out his own scroll and signet ring. Riven quirks an eyebrow at him, but otherwise says nothing, both protecting his own privacy, and honestly not being sure he wants to know why the madman made of fire has gone mad.

He then proceeds to sit in the hallway, he pulls out the amulet that was on the drow priestess, grabs a drink, and rests, while focusing on the amulet, trying to see what magic it might contain. He discovers that it gives him access to the Spider Climb spell. He is please as it seems this may be very useful in this underground realm of steep falls and hidden dangers. Attuned to it, he places it over his head, and under his shirt, and stands ready to advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back