• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Enter a Madman's Mind... (Multiple Plots Inside)

AceSorcerer

Wordsmith Extraordinaire

Hail!

A few things about me:

-I'll work with most roleplayers, but if I ask you to stop doing something it'll be rare.

-My average post size is three well-written paragraphs, but I will only ask you for one or two. For dialogue or action heavy scenes, three sentences.

-For romance I stick to MxF in regards to characters.

-My primary genres are all variants of fantasy.

-If you want to chat on or use Skype for OOC, I'm up for it! just let me know and I'll give you my Skype handle.

-Note: the parts in italics are previews, not the whole starter!

A Knight Enslaved

They say that long ago, the Creator stepped upon the barren lands of His creation and saw a young human boy, sleeping and unknowing of Him, and appeared to him within his dreams: the First Prophet. And it was such that the First Prophet came to establish the Holy City upon the site where the Creator met him, and those who heard him believed him and gave praise to the Creator. In time, there began the building of a High Temple in which the Creator would be worshiped, and the First Prophet named a Grand Curate and the Creator gave the Curate powers similar to the ones He had given the First Prophet. The Grand Curate was given dominion over the Holy City and over the temples and the priesthood and all others who were ordained in the Creator’s name and to His service...

In this RP, a member of the Arcane Order ( a group devoted to slaying monsters and preserving the peace) is ambushed and taken into slavery, soon to be sold to the child of a monster chieftain. There are various routes we can take, ranging from escaping from slavery to in-clan murder.

The Master of Madness

The worlds of mortals and demons have always been intertwined, more so than that of mortals and the angelic. Many could demons could pass to the realm of men, but not from men to the realm of demons unless they died and were rebuked by their ancestor spirits and their gods. Many feared them, all the while others attempted to slay them. However, there were those who summoned them, and others worshiping and serving the strongest of them. These mighty demons, many but not all of which were believed to be evil or malefic, were called the Daemon Princes. In total there were thirteen among them, and then there were thirteen among the gods, called the Divine Princes. The Daemon Princes governed lust, pride, insanity, greed, sloth, envy, anger, gluttony, debauchery, darkness, undeath, evil, and demons themselves. The Divine Princes governed light, craftsmanship and dwarves, dawn and dusk, magic, logic and reason, good will, strength and orcs, rulers, nature and elves, love, children and family, life and the afterlife, and the gods as well as mortal men. Lord Illum governed the Divine as their King and as the supreme ruler of mortals, while Lord Melthor governed the Daemon and all who dwelt in the Underrealm...

This RP focuses on foiling a plan for world domination while become a god. Your character, a demon servant of Lady Lilith (the bride of Melthor). They learn of Melthor's impending plans to slay the Divines and all those who stand in his way, and tell your mistress of what you have learned. Fearing the worst, Lilith sends your they send you to find the one person who can defeat Melthor: a mortal destined to become the Champion of Madness.

The Goddess' Champion

They say that in the beginning, there was nothing but the Titan, Gorah, and the Void. He then created the stars and our world, Lein, before crafting the moon and the sun. But He grew lonely and, although as omnipotent as He was, He could not govern His creations by Himself. And so, as He required respite, Gorah made for Himself four children: Krein, God of the sun, men, and the day; Iilah, Goddess of the moon, women, and the night sky; Okaaz, God of the oceans and all life within them; and Gol, Goddess of the earth and of the harvest. Gorah watched as His children watched over what He had charged Them with; expanding the world of Lein as He made new worlds that one day the children of Lein might expand to...

Here the action will be centered around one of the goddesses and an unusual man who saves her life while she's in a mortal form. Knowing no better, the goddess appoints him to be her champion and her protector while in her mortal form. Together they must discover the reason behind the assassination and reveal those behind it for the safety of Lein.

The Grey King

Every being has darkness in their hearts, as it what gives them their power.

Long ago, this continent was separated into two ever-warring regions, the White Faction and the Black Principality. The two became separate based on the levels of darkness in their hearts, but do not misinterpret; for the level in one’s heart does not determine their disposition, only the nature of their powers. While there are some races that are innately have these powers, there are some who had the power to change the darkness within themselves and align themselves to wherever they wished, namely humans. Each was ruled by one who epitomized their powers, the White Pontifex and the Black Warlord, who sought to destroy their foe. In time this was forged into a cycle, wherein each side continually failed to have their foe assassinated and killed war after war after war. To many it was a pointless and ethereal existence as the wars never ended... until one fateful day. In the middle of a great battlefield there emerged a single man wearing a grey robe, who in one hand utilized powerful White Magic and in the other Black Magic, bringing the battle to a stop. He ended the cycle as he slew the White Pontifex and the Black Warlord, and was to be forever known as the Grey Sorcerer, the First King and the Grand Unifier.

This RP will be centered around an arranged marriage between the current Grey King and a princess of the mysterious and elusive Oronil Empire. For this RP, the actions your character makes will determine one of three major outcomes for one of the RP's climaxes. What are they, you ask? Well, wait and see for yourself!

The Holy Blades

Many of Japan’s people know of Masamune, the man and priest regarded as the single greatest swordsmith in all of the land’s history. Many, however, also knew of Muramasa. Muramasa was Masamune’s greatest apprentice, but also the most shameful. Masamune was a holy man, forging each of his blades, armor, and equipment with the blessings of the Shinto pantheon. Muramasa sought the gifts of Yomi, the Underworld and the Demon Realm, to empower his swords. The pair once had a competition to see who could forge the greater blade, with Muramasa humiliated at his loss at the proclamation of a great monk after what seemed to be an initial victory. The time came that, when Muramasa was executed for the evil swords he forged, Masamune died seven years later of old age. Our story begins five years before the execution of Muramasa...

This Rp is set in the Edo Period of feudal Japan as historical fantasy, and focuses on a swordsman and his fiancee for a recently arranged marriage as the world around them crumbles. Forced to save the world from the plans of scheming demons and malefic deities, what seemed like a simple affair soon turns into a hellish experience as the disgruntled pair is forced to wander the country in order to stop the forces of the Underworld.

The Dawn Will Come

The elders still fear to tell the tale from their elders and their elders' elders; to tell of the day the Great Eclipse.

It was roughly one thousand years ago, that day when the Moon blocked out the Sun. It was the day that humanity fell, and the Empire of the Night rose into power. As soon as the eclipse reached its apex, all around the human-controlled lands the vampires, united under the banner of Emperor Alexander Thanos, a pureblood vampire from the northern lands. In a matter of hours as vampiric mages and their thralls held the Moon atop of the Sun, and during this hell-wrought eclipse each of the human kingdoms fell and the highborn Vampire High Lords took the place of kings, and various minor Vampire Lords took the placed of human nobles. The world humans knew was already gone as the self-proclaimed Vampire Emperor took command from Castle Vulon on the border to the frigid northern taiga...

This RP focuses on a "tainted" human vampire hunter who leads a group of vampire hunters known as "The Order" who seeks to slay the Emperor. After being imprisoned in part of a ploy to let everyone who was with him escape, our characters meet. There are various paths ranging from imprisonment to romance to serfdom, and your character, a vampire who lives in the castle (which can range from a humble maid to the empress) ends up entangled in my character's affairs which can spell their doom if they're not careful.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, heh. Well, I don't mind.

So, the knight in question, does he need to be human? I'm cool either way.

Ooooooooh, so does that mean I'm going to play the monsters or are the knight and the member of the Arcane Order not the same person?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back