• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern English Court (Tudors Era) RP

giraffesarebetter

Blood of the Dragon
I've been watching the Tudors recently, and I'm reading Macbeth also, so my mind is full of swirling images of the English Court in the 14-1600's. I'd want the RP to be realistic to the time period, which would mean full of treason, plotting, adultery, religion, war, treaties, etc. So... What do you think?

I like the concept, and would like to hear more about how you'd imagine it all working out in practice.

How much research/realism are you expecting from your players?

What kind of post length?

Who are the characters? That is, people at court could be just about anybody wanting anything; it'd probably help at the start if they have more in common than not.

Inspire us! (:3)

Khryses said:
I like the concept, and would like to hear more about how you'd imagine it all working out in practice.
How much research/realism are you expecting from your players?

What kind of post length?

Who are the characters? That is, people at court could be just about anybody wanting anything; it'd probably help at the start if they have more in common than not.

Inspire us! (:3)
It was just a concept when I made this, of course, but having given it more thought since, I do have some answers to your questions! ( :P ) I'd expect as much research as it takes to be at least semi-realistic. I know most people aren't nearly as interested in the inter-workings of the social politics of 17th century England as I am. (> :D ) However, I definitely would like to see some history buffs showing everyone else up with their knowledge of the era!

I've never been a real stickler on how long the posts from each roleplayer must be, as I suffer frequently from writer's block and often find it hard to make it past a sentence, much less a paragraph or more, as I've seen some post length limits to be. I also don't want many one-liners, as it causes a back up of small posts, since other roleplayers have to base their posts off of others. I'd probably say a minimum of 3-5 sentences, with no maximum.

The roleplay will be centered around the nobles, those actually attending the King's court, not anyone wanting an audience with the King. To specify, that would be the Royal Family, the dukes, ladies, lords, ambassadors, etc. I would also like to have some roleplayers playing people like the Queen's handmaidens, the Cardinal, the steward, and many of the higher-up servants, as they play a big role in teh economics of the time. Also, we all know King Henry VIII loved his wife's ladies *cough, cough* Elizabeth Blount and Anne Boleyn. *cough cough* ( ;) ) We can't however have, say, the cook, or a cleaning girl, or the stable boy, etc., as the households of nobles often got up to 300+ people.

I hope that fulfills all your questions! ( :P )

I am a big history buff, and I've read Macbeth and works of that area thanks to English and History so I am down to clown.

[QUOTE="Jason Carlile]I am a big history buff, and I've read Macbeth and works of that area thanks to English and History so I am down to clown.

[/QUOTE]
*virtual fist bump*

Taking a Shakespeare class this semester, and have a thing for Medieval literature -- also taking a class on that.

I'm up for it. 1300's my favorite century, but Shakespeare isn't far behind. The era of knights, duels, and court intrigue is a soil fertile for the plotting. Let me know when you've got an overview up, and if you need any help getting ahold of research or what have you. I'm more excited about this idea than I sound, I assure you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back