• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Endgame - An epic, emotional, story-driven space RP

BrinkOfIndigo

The Nightmare Chaser
Welcome to the GenX Model 22 USS Babylon 2561 Spaceship, or the Babylon for short. I am Eve, the A.I. in charge of the ship. Let me run over some things quickly.

Twenty hours ago, at 18:04, Mayton Valerius escaped from custody during a transition to the mega-city on Mars known as The Rift. The Rift, where you come from, is a city full of criminals which is inescapable. Valerius was being transported to The Rift from Earth aboard the USS Icarus, accompanied by eighteen highly-trained soldiers equipped with lethal weapons. At 17:48, a transmission was recieved stating that all was well and they would arrive in approximately twenty minutes. At 18:00, a transmission was recieved, which was nothing but 57 seconds of static. At 18:04, a third transmission was recieved, with what appeared to be the sound of screams, and a strange, high-pitched noise. The transmission lasted for exactly 30 seconds. There was no more contact made after that. At 18:17, a number of reports were recieved that a spaceship had crash landed in the wasteland outside of The Rift. A search team was sent out at 18:42, and within fifteen minutes they confirmed that it was the USS Icarus, and that there were no survivors. The corpse of Mayton Valerius was not found among the wreckage. The remnants of a teleporting device seem to show that he teleported away before the ship crashed.

You, among with four other criminals, have only one objective. You will investigate the crash site, determine where Valerius has fled to, and track him down. Once found, your job will be to neutralize him, preferably alive, but lethal force is authorized. Upon completion of this mission, you will each be free to return to Earth and your sentences will be registered as complete.

You will be provided with the latest weapons and gadgets, and for the duration of your mission, the USS Babylon will be your ship. Should you try to divert from the course of your misssion or decide to abandon the mission, the tracking devices inside you will be set to incinerate you in exactly fifteen minutes unless you return to the mission.

Are you ready?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

In this RP, I will not be a character but the Game Master, serving as both Eve, the A.I of the ship, and a narrator of-sorts, driving the plot and changing events dynamically to create challenges and opportunities for your characters. I am looking for five people, willing to commit to a detailed roleplay, and post at least twice a week. While the plot will be about tracking down Valerius at the start, it will change and become a lot bigger. It will also be partially driven by the characters, and the freedom you are allowed will almost definitely expand as the story moves on. Let me know if you're interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
(the font with that color is really hard for me to read without squinint)

It sounds pretty interesting. It's always kind of intriguing to see someone commit in a way where they actually exclude themselves from RPing too. I'm interested, and I'll check out the thread once it's up.

And we have our last person! And yeah I'll change the colour so it's easier to read. I'll make a start on the thread soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back