• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom End of the Year Survey! [Archived]

Sir Les Paul

The Duke of Chords
Supporter
As 2016 comes to a close, I'd like to take this time and ask each one of the active members of this roleplay a few questions! This is optional, but encouraged, and serves the purpose looking at areas of growth and potentially strengthening some of the weaker aspects of Beta Protocol!

Q. How long have you been with the RP?

Q. Whom is your favorite character in the RP? (You may choose one of your own and one of another for a total of two answers) And, why?

Q. What do you enjoy most about Beta Protocol?

Q. Which City do you find most interesting? And, why?

Q. What do you sometimes find annoying or irksome about Beta Protocol?

Q. Is there anything in roleplays of a similar genre you wish you saw in Beta Protocol?

Q. What would you like to see happen in Beta Protocol?

Q. What is your general opinion on the layout and staffing of Beta Protocol?

There ya go! Eight real quick questions that you can use to spread your opinion, maybe see what others think and potentially even help the Beta Protocol community in the long-run! Thank you!

@Rui @Bone2pick @Sopranos @Hell-Jumper @Archon @NecroKnight @Crono @Epiphany @The Regal Rper @Demonhunter @AnnoDomini @LokiofSP @sitanomoto @AceofRoses @ChazGhost

Last edited by a moderator:
Q. How long have you been with the RP?

How long would you say not long is?

Q. Whom is your favorite character in the RP? (You may choose one of your own and one of another for a total of two answers) And, why?

I really appreciate Waller's demeanor as well as the similarities he shares with Amanda while still being his own character.

I like playing Szasz and look forward to expanding his personality and backstory.

Q. What do you enjoy most about Beta Protocol?

Right now, the mystery of what's going on or where we're going.

Q. Which City do you find most interesting? And, why?

I'm enjoying Blüdhaven, it has a lot going on for me and others and has plenty of potential for excitement, but I see Gotham becoming a major setting for crucial events.

Q. What do you sometimes find annoying or irksome about Beta Protocol?

I find that other characters are sometimes unpredictable or inconsistent, which is a general flaw that I'm sure I'm guilty of

Q. Is there anything in roleplays of a similar genre you wish you saw in Beta Protocol?

I think it would be interesting to see some doomday level event, perhaps brought on by the main villains in the RP. that brings the League together.

Q. What would you like to see happen in Beta Protocol?

I would like to see characters and relationships develop and flourish but also struggle and fall apart as this progresses. Because I'm an asshole and I'd rather see an interesting storyline than see people happy.

Q. What is your general opinion on the layout and staffing of Beta Protocol?

Since it's beginning.

Q. Whom is your favorite character in the RP? (You may choose one of your own and one of another for a total of two answers) And, why?

Liam and Kary. Since one is mine and the other is a figure I find loveable and cute. Also bad boy in need of a girl to heal.

The effort but into the background.

Star City. Since I be there only.

Dead-slow replies and plot going slower than an ice glacier.

Q. Is there anything in roleplays of a similar genre you wish you saw in Beta Protocol?

Dunno. Not have any major role-plays like this.

Action compressed. Or atleast more GM interaction to keep the snowball rolling.

It gets the job done.

Since the very start

Scyleia and Brian! I love their backstories and how they're handled by both interest me, and I look forward to how their characters progress!

I like the story in general and how it really feels like something I'd see in a really good comic. It has multiple characters from interesting places that have interesting backstories that are all seemingly on the verge of colliding at any point, even if the characters themselves don't know it.

Gotham, but I'm biased.

I sometimes feel as if I'm not doing enough, like I'm not helping enough people or properly portraying my character right, and that's something I think I'll always think, even if one day I end up doing both perfectly somehow.

But beyond that, I just wish I'd get to interact with other people's characters more.

I wish I'd see more roleplays in general just take as much time with fully fleshing out a new character and their place in the story as this one does.

Right now I just want to see the big pay offs to ongoing story lines

Sitanmoto and Sir les Paul should be overthrown and Loki should take his true place as over-lord =P

Nah, I think you two do a pretty good job of running everything, and I love the ideas you guys come up with, but then again,  maybe I shouldn't be answering this question...

Since Demonhunter ran it. I forget what it was called then.

Right now, it's a really close tie between Eveline Dennis and Fredrick Todd. Both come back as previous anti-heroes in the form of Red Hood and Catwoman, but have strong biological ties with previous characters, both approach the timeline very cleanly... but, I did have a hand in fleshing out both of their backstories, so I feel biased. Almost as biased as if I said Marcel, but not quite.

I had significantly less to due with making Scyleia and I ultimately like her character quite a bit, so I feel less influenced on that choice. She's a really solid character and a really good take on a pre-existing archetype without being biologically related to anyone. 

The variety within a consistent theme. You can see so much, but it's all in a select spectrum. That's very difficult to achieve, but we have it here and I think it makes for a unique atmosphere.

Gotham, hands down. Star City has more diversity and Bludhaven has a good theme, but Gotham is my home.

It is incredibly hard to micromanage at times. Even with the help of others, there is a lot going on and it takes a significant amount of teamwork to make it happen. 

The biggest problem I face is wanting to make each City its own independent plotline, but I also want to focus most of my attention on Gotham as its my City. 

Not really. I did find out I could make forum icons, though, and adapted those. 

I would like to see some of the plot pay-offs come to be. I invested in the long-game it's still building up. Even though I have plans after the plans (and some plans have even worked out wonderfully), I would still like to see some milestones happen.

Aside from that, I would really like to see more independence and diversity in the cities.

Sita is a great co-GM, Anno runs his city fine, Loki does a great job helping with characters. What I would really like is a full-time co-GM that didn't focus on a city, but helped me more with the plotting, villains, etc. - tying things together and playing the smaller roles gets to be taxing. Plus, it would take the burden of Sita so they could focus more on Bludhaven as a whole. 

In general, I'm pleased with how things are fleshed out.

Since the very beginning with demonhunter. Longer than Sir Les Paul, actually. 

oh man..... 

I guess my favorite character of mine is Jess, not only because she is my OLDEST character, but she's the one that's gone through the most character development. That and it's fun to play her.

I think my favorite character in the RP that isn't mine is Scyleia (shout out to @Epiphany !) I enjoy her backstory and her personality, and she seems to be a character that is worth getting to know more. 

Continuing to play characters that I feel need to be played. 

That and the fact that I get to sit and read EVERYTHING that all you fantastic roleplayers post.

I find Bludhaven the most interesting (probably because I spend the most time there) but other than that they're all equal in my eyes. 

I guess post speed. It's petty, I know, because other people have lives and such, but this is an RP that I'm itching to continue And I don't want to see it die. 

No, not really. If I had any other recommendations, believe me the whole Beta Protocol group would know. I'm very vocal about suggestions. 

Well, I'm not actually sure at this point. The plotline that I'm seeing unfold so far is great, but I'd like to see others collaborate more (I assume you all have been doing so privately but I'd like too SEE others collaborate).

I'm proud of what I'm doing and what I see, and I am very glad to say that I have a part in this Magnificent Opus of an RP.

With much love!

~Sitanomoto

Two or three months, if that?

Eveline Dennis is probably my personal favourite creation. Ryan is awesome, but as a Deathstroke persona there isn't much room for personality. 

Outside of my own, I'm a big fan of Marcel, Jess Grayson, and Frederick Todd. I feel they have a lot going for them in terms of personality and each have a lot of room to grow. I couldn't choose a favourite out of the three.

The other people, I feel there's a large collection of great Roleplayers here. 

Bludhaven, Gotham is a little predictable since.... well, it's Gotham. Most action will probably go down there. Bludhaven is interesting since it'll be smaller-scale, allowing for wider interaction with it's inhabitants.

I like Star City, but it only has one villain.

The slow replies can be irksome, though I'm in no small part also responsible.

No, there's something I don't want to see however - Katana wielders.

Lots of character development! LOTS OF IT!

giphy.gif

A. Sense it started

A. My favorite charcter has to be Drake, through that can be mainly chopped up to him being my own creation. Hes fun for me to play and he could possibly go in any direction depending on what happens.

My second favorite charcter would be NoOne/Marcel. Him and Drake are a intersting team because there very diffrent in many diffrent ways. Marcel hides his true identity, Drake wears the same suit on and off work and never wears a mask. Marcel wants real justice for gotham to prove he's better then the bats. Drake just joined up because Marcel asked him to and it soundedfun. 

The mutliple story lines and possbile cross overs of the stories lines.

Either Bludhaven or Gotham. I think Bludhaven edges out because it has the possibilitys of Gotham but in a small city which could lead to more stories crossing over.

Time inbetween posts but thats not really a problem for me in the end.

Not really no.

The stories that the diffrent groups of charcters have going on cross over more often.

I havn't joined my rps that have more then one person incharge often. It seems to work well from I seen here and I like how things are going.

Q. How long have you been with the RP?

• One or two months.

• My own of course, and Tim Drake.  I enjoy reading about his past experiences and his perspective on Gotham's current state.

• The freedom to develop your character and his or her story.

• Gotham, but I have to admit that it's the only city I'm following closely.

• For me, some of the text colors and fonts are very difficult to read.  

• Not that I can think of.

• Hopefully the tension between conflicting characters will build until a proper showdown is needed to resolve it.  

• Outside of the black background, which isn't my preference, everything looks smart and functional.

Since it kicked off a couple of months ago.  Otherwise, brand new to the 'franchise' so to speak, as I haven't played the previous editions of the game.  

Probably Thrall, which is unfortunate as I'm unlikely to see much more of him.  Lots of good performances all the way around but I dig Thrall because the man's heart's involved.  His engagement with Scyleia had a point/counterpoint dynamic that was a lot of fun to write with, and there was this curiously paradoxical vulnerability to the guy that worked for me.  Despite him being vastly stronger than my Amazon, he's also vastly younger and the gap between and the difference in lessons learned made for some really engaging philosophical dialogue.  

An opportunity to make a difference in the fate of a city and the lives of those who live there.  I dig the 'fallen but not forgotten' motif of this futuristic post-Alcatraz environment and it really connects well with the character I made.  Both the League and Scyleia have made mistakes, have something to prove and can still make a difference for the world.  

I'm not sure I've landed on a good answer there yet.  They all have something to offer.  

Nothing bad really stands out.  It's a little challenging for me to follow the simultaneous action in other cities/threads but that's mostly because my play by post experience has been in smaller games and I'm not used to remembering to go out and read stuff I haven't run across in-character.

Um.  Mission summaries with clues/details discovered so far in a pinned thread at the top?  That way, if someone's gone for a week at a time or if some one-on-one conversation means that it's been weeks or a month since significant movement has happened with the 'main' plot, it's easy for players to pick up on "Oh yeah, this is what we were doing and this is how far we'd gotten in it".  It's just something I saw done once that was great for the players (if a lot of work for the GM).

• A chance to encounter the backstories of its various PCs.  
  • Someone snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.
  • Someone else reacting to disastrous failure, grappling with that failure, and trying to rise again.  
  • The opportunity for random fisticuffs now and then, as Scyleia's a brawler and her only fight was against someone who completely outclassed her.
  • A storyline that brings the heart out in the protagonists.

The black color scheme's a little harder to read but I make do.  I wouldn't mind if there were a few more subcategory threads (i.e. "Bludhaven - An Investigation").  My own thread's not bad but Gotham's very hard to parse through because of all the simultaneous action, where post after post isn't responding to the post above but another post 5 or 6 posts back.  

Staffing's been excellent so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back