• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Emptying the Golden Throne

"Loscana? There's no kingdom called Loscana, present or past," Abby said.

"Perhaps... the shape of our worlds are similar?" Ada asked. "Do you have a globe? Or atlas?"

Abby sat down on the chair in front of the computer and pulled up Google Maps.

"Over there!" Ada pointed to England.

Abby frowned. "Well... that's where we are right now, England, which is part of Britain which is just off the coast of Europe. I guess Win was kind of right when she said you were the Queen of England" She laughed

Ada turned red. "I don't want to be queen... I just want to do mathematics."

Abby nodded sympathetically. "That's the problem with hereditary monarchies. Why don't you just abdicate and create a democracy?"

Ada cocked her head curiously.

The door would then open with Win then walking in.

"I thought you were home." He said to Abby, wrapping an arm around her. "I thought we were going to get a little bit in before we fell asleep tonight."

Abby giggled, leaning into Win and nuzzling his shoulder. She was sure if Valerie had been here, she would roll her eyes.

"Maybe we can," she suggested.

"I gotta go, let's talk tomorrow" She still had that dopey grin on her face, but Ada had a suspicion it wasn't because Abby was looking forward to talking to her.

Her expression looked scandalized "Are you planning on having sex? You should know, it is highly improper for an unmarried lady and gentleman to lay together."

Win would roll his eyes. "You remind me of my sister... don't worry dear we're careful. Besides, you wouldn't believe what kids are getting up to these days..." With that the couple would leave the room all giggly.

Ada stared at the couple, then deciding she would not question this strange world further, she turned to Val.

"I'm going to bed." It was only now that she realized how exhausted she was. She stripped off her clothes and went to bed.

As Ada climbed onto the bed, it was finally realized how small it actually was.

The night went relatively smoothly, although there was the occasionally falling off at random points during the night.

Before they would wake, Valerie would've shown up the next morning with a rather large bag of laundry. Win having already been up, eyed what she was wearing, which was once again a pair of shorts but this time a tank top instead of a shirt. "Do you know how hot it is..." she'd grumble, trying to move past him towards their laundry room. "Don't let the girls see you wearing that, they might go ballistic." He teased, she rolling her eyes. "Because shoulders turn everyone on." "I dunno Val... Abby's shoulders... especially last ni-" he couldn't finish his sentence before a wad of shirts landed on his face.

Ada walked into the room. She seemed to have haphazardly put her dress back on. She saw Val's attire, and her eyes widened like dinner plates. But instead of protesting, she blinked a couple of times before composing herself. "Where's Abby?" She wondered. "And is there a tailor where I can acquire more clothing"

Abby walked out of the room, yawning. "I mean... if you're me from another world, then my clothes would fit you right? Same thing with Val's counterpart"

Val had followed after Ada, remaining silent as they spoke.

At the mention of clothing, Win would be quick to say "Get them in something else... I can't go out in public with them if-" Once again, his face was met with a wad of clothing.

"Ignore him." Valerie would huff, walking over towards Val and eyeing her for a moment. There was a five inch if not grater height difference. "I don't think anything I have would fit..."

Abby blinked the sleep out of her eyes. She had totally forgotten about the height difference. She still thought Ada would fit in her clothing, but the Vals? No way. She sighed and rubbed her temples. There goes her morning. And she had been looking forward to spending time at her computer.

"I guess we'll go shopping then"

At the sound of shopping, Win almost looked mortified. "The last time you two went shopping together, they froze my card."

"Shopping or silently being judged along with them?" Valerie asked, the man digging his wallet out of his pocket and passing it along with a grumble.

"Find. Just... don't... buy anything insane.",

Abby took the card, but as her hand touched his, she leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek,

"Thanks, sweetie," She grinned before turning back towards the other girls. "Let's go to the mall then?"

Val would be slightly confused by all of this but nod, not really knowing what she was agreeing too. Context told her clothing that would make them blend in a bit more, but she wasn't all that certain.

Win and Abby didn't own a car. Instead, they took public transportation everywhere, which was comparatively cheaper. They walked to the nearest subway station to take the

"What is this?" Ada wondered.

"The Metro," Abby answered. "Umm... underground trains run all over the city in tunnels."

Val hadn't been speaking simply because of how... overwhelmed she was. Everything was foreign and while Ada wanted to learn and experience it all... she wanted to do the exact opposite.

These worries were, however, drowned out as soon as they descended into the subway station. She had always been vaguely claustrophobic and this wasn't helping. So stuck in a mute fear almost, Val remained just shy of a bit too close to her sister, gaze aimed downward.

Ada's jaw dropped as the sleek subway train came to a stop in front of them. She tried to reach out, before having her hand swatted away by Abby. It gave a chime and the doors opened.

Then she noticed Val.

"Are... Are you alright?" She asked her sister.

"K-kind of..." she's mumble, boarding the subway after Valerie and Abby did alongside Ada, the space was filled with quite a few people alongside the fact that it was a rather small space.

But then it began to move.

"Hold on." Valerie would chuckle, Val missing this due to the slight terror she felt, causing herself to lose her balance suddenly. With a cry she would grab onto the nearest thing to keep from falling to the floor.

Ada.

Ada shrieked as she was yanked down and toppled to the ground. This led to a domino effect on the crowded train as she bumped into another passenger, who bumped into another and so on.

"Pardon me," Ada said, but she was too afraid to get up. She glanced hesitatingly at Val, who seemed a lot more uncomfortable with this than herself.

People were staring and muttering under their breath.

Val would've mumbled an apology, slowly managing to stand with Valerie's help. She was clearly not comfortable with anything that was currently happening, the passengers around them only making it worse by staring, she able to feel their eyes boring into her.

After Ada would finally stand, she'd once again move closer towards her, still remaining silent.

Ada got up hastily, but she clutched the bar for dear life. This led to only more glares from those around her but Ada didn't care.

Abby seemed to have given up. Finally, she said, "This is our stop." She took Ada's hand and dragged her off the subway.

Valerie would do the same with Val, although she needed a little less dragging as if she wanted off of the subway.

"You alright?" She'd asked, Val nodding hesitantly.

"The stairs? They move!" Ada exclaimed.

Abby beamed at her "We should definitely go to the Science and Technology Museum in London sometime. You'll have a blast!"

Ada's eyes sparked and she nodded excitedly.

Unfortunately, as they reached the top of the escalator, many people were bustling around, shopping.

The moving stairs weren't all too big of a deal for Val, despite how odd they were, but reaching the top was a different story.

She shrank back a bit, as if not wanting to continue into the masses of people wandering around and shopping, eyes wide. While crowds back in their own time hadn't ever been her forte, this was even worse.

And as if to make it all worse, a pair of teen-aged girls would notice the Ada and Val, running over with bright expressions.

"Ohmygod, I didn't know Victorian fashion was in right now!" One of them squealed, the other nodding. "Yes! Its so realistic, can we get a picture?!"

Ada hesitated for a bit. Frankly, she thought her dress was a bit rumpled.

She glanced around, noting the eager expressions on the girls.

She smiled and flipped her hair. "Of course, but where is the photographer?"

The two giggled even more. "You're roleplaying too!? Oh this is even better!"

As they approached, Val seemed to take a step back, eyeing them nervously.

Ada didn't seem to notice Val's discomfort and put an arm around her sister. She looked confused at the teenager's comment.

"Roleplaying?" Then gasped as the other pulled out their phone. "Your wireless telephone also acts as a camera!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back