• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Emptying the Golden Throne

The two would crowd next to Val and Ada, flipping their cell phone around and snapping a selfie of the four of them. Soon they'd give a faint 'thank you' before rushing off.

Valoire was more than confused about what had just happened, not entirely comfortable with it either.

"Alright then," Abby said sighing, "Let's go now.... I still have to do some work."

She took Val by the wrist and dragged them to the nearby store. It looked expensive, and laid out on the table were simple t-shirts, cardigans, shirts and dress pants.

Val allowed herself to be dragged, although she wasn't happy about it. With an expression of mixed emotion she looked around the store they entered, clearly at a loss for what they were looking for.

"Hmmm... time to start looking, shouldn't be too hard to guess your sizes." Valerie would joke.

"Yes," Abby pointed out

"Ready made, clothing," Ada seemed hesitant. "Isn't there a tailor?" She seemed to think ready-made clothing was for the common people.

"Nobody uses tailors anymore" Abby pointed out "Besides it's my wallet. This stuff isn't considered cheap."

"Based on my paycheck, I shouldn't even be in here right now." Valerie chuckled. "But, Win and Abby are technically buying so..." she finished with a shrug.

Val was as slightly confused as Ada but wasn't about to complain.

Ada riffled through a stack of shirts without any care. Some dropped on the floor while others fell onto other stacks.

"Ada," Abby warned. "Don't do that. Other people might want to wear these clothes and then it's a lot more unnecessary for the employees"

"Oh," Ada said. She never considered that. "I suppose so."

She didn't know anything about designs in this time period. She pulled out a light blue flowery shirt on a beige background. It reminded Abby of her grandmother.

"What about this?"

Valerie was busy looking a over a few things elsewhere but looked up as Ada asked. "Reminds me of a pair of curtains." She'd look down at the display she was in front of and thought for a moment before adding "That... isn't a good thing."

Val couldn't help but smile at this. Seeing Ada out of her element was rather amusing at times.

The smaller woman would've trailed after her counterpart, looking through a few of the shirts that they were near, tugging out one that was mostly solid in color a bit more carefully than how Ada was looking through them.

Ada blinked at Valerie. "Oh," she said, rather put out, and hastily tried to put the shirt back on the rack. It kept falling down. Ada stared at the shirt on the floor, a bit confused, before settling on draping it over the rack itself.

Abby giggled before coming over. "Here, you're a small right? Let's try these on." She handed Ada a couple of white shirts and blue jeans of various sizes.

"And you can try these." Valerie stated while passing Val a few pairs of jeans as well along with some t-shirts of varying colors.

"Try them on? Where?" Val would ask a bit confused.

"There are dressing rooms in the back." She replied, gesturing for her and Ada to follow.

Ada went in.

"These do not fit over my corset"

Abby put a palm over her face. "You don't need a corset!"

Finally, Ada came out. She was wearing light blue skinny jeans and a shirt that hugged her body tightly, although it was obvious she wasn't wearing a bra.

"How do I look?" She asked Val, who presumably had put on her own clothes by now.

She pulled at the jeans. "These are tight" She cupped her breasts. "But going corset less is refreshing. I have always looked down on girls who did so, but I might try it myself."

Valerie simply sighed as Ada announced what she did, as she assumed it would've been obvious that it wasn't going to fit over her corset.

Val on the other hand had already made her own assumptions, but this clarification just made her feel slightly more comfortable emmerging after Ada. She was dressed in something similar to her sister although the jeans were darker as was the shirt. It wasn't as form fitting due to her small frame (even though she had been smart enough to enchant the clothing) so she would've raised an eyebrow in Ada's direction once she asked.

Valerie was the one to speak, however. "Abby prefers her clothing to be a little tight... I tend to disagree." She'd cast her a teasing glance at Abby. "But... I would say if you want to walk out of this mall alive, a bra might be a reasonable investment."

"Bra?" Ada questioned. It seems she wanted to know as much as possible about the new world.

"It's like a corset," Abby explained. "But just your breasts."

They ended up trying more clothes on. Ada ended up buying two shirts and jeans, as well as a nice dress.

"We should go get shoes," Abby clicked her tounge, "And probably a bra as well. We can probably buy socks at Costco or something."

Valerie would nod after they would've purchased the clothing. "Where to first? Bras?" As there were no objections, they made their way out of the current store and through the mall.

Ada nodded and Abby led them to Victoria Secret. As they got close, Ada stopped in shock.

"Hm?" Abby turned to see Ada staring slack-jawed at the poster at the front of the store. The model was wearing nothing but lingerie in a particularly provoking manner. She instantly burst out laughing.

Ada's face turned a blotchy red. "This is indecent." She hissed "Children walk by here"

"This is called modern advertising." Valerie sighed with a grin. "If it doesn't have anything to do with sex apeal it's either for children or you're doing it wrong."

It was somewhat of an exaggeration, but Val was a bit too busy trying to wrestle with the concept to comment as the two were dragged into the store.

Far from the prim and proper corset fittings, Ada was used to, this store was dimly lit and filled with the blasting some sort of deranged orchestra from god knows where.

She looked distinctly uncomfortable.

Abby walked up to an employee, "Hey! My friend needs her measurements taken."

Ada perked up a little. This was something she knew

If it were possible, Val appeared even more uncomfortable than Ada, but here in this time period, it had been pretty much the norm for her.

As Abby would flag down an employee and explain that she and her sister did need to be measured, she would simply shuffle after them, slowly and reluctantly, but surely.

It was around a week since they had gone shopping. Ada followed Abby and, to a less extent, Valerie around like a lost puppy, eager to learn about this strange new world. She'd given up on regarding computers as a whole as analytical engines but Abby showed her python and how computers did calculations. It amazed Ada to no end. Although she understood little, she attended every one of Abby's lectures.

"Grace was developing something like this" Ada exclaimed "But I never imagined it would be used within our lifetimes"

Abby smiled. "Computing exploded faster than anyone predicted. It's taken the world by storm"

Eventually, they figured out that Loscana, in some way, was England, and Prussia was some country called Germany and Poland.

Although Ada could not understand the computer, she was getting proficient at using it. Some part of her was sad that calculations which her colleagues spent years compiling and formulating could be done in a fraction of a second, but the rest of her was in awe of how the machines could calculate so fast ("Can it think?" "Not really. But it can pretend. There's an entire field called Artificial Intelligence"). She soon got bored of calculating square roots and solving functions. Instead, she was reading Wikipedia, trying to absorb knowledge about this strange new world, and hopefully, bring some back.

During this week, Val hadn't been enjoying the modern world as much as her sister. Slowly she would have been showing her increasing discomfort with the situation. First it was not being willing to leave the house, allowing Ada to go explore with Abby and Valerie on her own with her keeping to either the guest room or the house itself. But then the situation would seem to go downhill with the woman being reluctant to speak, only doing so when spoken do, until she had finally stated one night...

"We really need to find a way to get home..." It wasn't all that loud, although since Ada did manage to hear her, it was dismissed almost, Val clearly knowing why.

Ada looked up at Val. She pursed her lips and pushed the laptop away from her. She fidgeted with her fingers, trying to avoid Val's gaze. She had been oblivious to Val's discomfort but she knew this coming. Val, after all, had so much to go back to. Ada, meanwhile, wanted to run away from her titles and former lover.

"For you to get home," Ada said. "I'm... I'm staying."

She looked away.

At this statement, Val looked up at Ada, mortified. "B-but what about the kingdom!"

She paused after she said this. Finally realizing that because Wyn was to blame for all of this, he was most likely going to be responsible for their disappearances.

"What would happen to Wyn..."

At first, Ada shrugged, as if to say 'Not my problem'

A look of panic flitted across her face when Val mentioned Wyn. It hadn't occurred to her that he might be blamed for what was going on.

"I'll send back a letter explaining everything," Ada assured her. "And since you're next in line, you can protect him."

"How would you explain this? Any of this?" Val gestured around the room, a bit of desperation growing in her voice.

"No one would believe we actually came here... did we actually come here?" Now she was even doubting herself that this was even real, which want helping the situation.

Ada looked down guiltily.

"You can't make me go back," She said quietly. "And I'm not sure Matthew wants to either."

Matthew was adjusting well. He'd gotten used to modern technology rather quickly, but he lacked the enthusiasm for this time period Ada did. Like Ada, he had little to go back to.

"So you're going to run." Val said shakily, not looking towards the woman. "Try and escape while you can. Get away from your responsibility and live carefree here while me and Wyn are being tried for your disappearance because I supposedly wanted the throne."

With that she would move towards the door of the room, softly hissing "I can not make you return and I will not, so please let me know how being a soft coward turns out for you."

Val wouldn't give her time to respond as she exited the room, slamming the door behind her. If her discomfort with the situation hadn't been apparent before, it was now. This was extremely unlike her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back