Employment for a Savage on a Space Station

MrMopp

Two Thousand Club
Interesting situation. I have a character who an furry, tree climbing alien from a primitive Island tribe who has been put on a Babylon 5 style space station. Assuming that he has learned to speak the common language reasonably well but has a kindergarten reading level, any ideas as to what kind of jobs I can give a former fisherman/warrior with little education and bad people skills? So far I've got janitor.

The first thing that I though of when reading this was "wookiee". Which, I'm not quite sure if you're going for or not. Either way, some suggestions would be a bodyguard, security, mercenary, mechanic(?), construction, etc. Really, it's mostly menial jobs.

raspberryrose said:
The first thing that I though of when reading this was "wookiee". Which, I'm not sure if you're going for or not.
Sort of. He's sort of a humanoid canine/squirrel thing and probably a little shorter than the average human.

Can he cook? If he has some knowledge of cooking (example, cooking the fish he catches), he could work a fast food job. If you was looking for a less dangerous job for that character.

There's nothing wrong with making him a janitor! That's the first thing I thought when I read the post lol.

If they're strong (which assuming based off the hunter part of their past role) I imagine a manual work position. Like helping out in engineering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back