• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

ELUVIUM post-apocalyptic (Fallout Bandit and soldmysoul)

tumblr_nii28t1ZRE1ry3bzso4_540.png

Masollan base, sector Number Two, December of the Injustice year. The most brutal and corrupt year, far too much for even the strongest of people.​

One, simple winter could do so much damage when lacking in the proper needs that the Helios provide so scarcely for their people; and the Masollan had it worse. They were the rebels, to seek vengeance against the Helios who've brainwashed and killed so many people. Genocide, prefabricated by the very people who watch over. By the very people who distribute and rule over you.

All in all, for both parties, nothing is ever really at peace. Nothing is ever perfect.

Trent strode into the center of the sector where most have gathered: chin up, shoulders back, eyes locked on each person who stood with fluorescent lights in their hands. They've been waiting for their leader, the one who'd saved them all. "Theo. Front and center. Now," he called out, knuckles cracking. Just then, a thin, lanky young man ran from the crowd, in front of Trent.

"Sir, yes, sir!"

A smile cracked as he pat the young man's head. "Nice work out there. You were smart."

The compliment filled the younger man with joy, it was about time Trent recognized his expertise. "Now, all of you. I know that we have a feud with Helios. However, I will be needing people to be working from the inside, to send us information that will be beneficial to our schematics. I will choose - but for now, you can relax. I will go over it tonight, go on ahead and tend to your duties and later, we will celebrate another victory," Trent's voice boomed from his lips, people cheering as the crowd began to disperse.

"Captain," a woman's voice called out.

http://hangaroundtheweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/featured_image11001206-520x245.jpghttp://hangaroundtheweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/featured_image11001206-520x245.jpgHanna

http://hangaroundtheweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/featured_image11001206-520x245.jpghttp://hangaroundtheweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/featured_image11001206-520x245.jpg, his best friend shouted, words accompanied with footsteps. "You did great out there. A few of us got cut up, but you got us to safety. Thank you."

Trent didn't know how to reply, however gave a smile anyways. He'd thought nothing of it, it was simply something that had to be done.

Throughout the night, the Masollan danced, ate, celebrated despite the coldness - the winter. Their only warmth was their garments and fires.

Pathetic. That's how she saw it all. The large crowd of people, gathered throughout the immense place she was fortunate enough to call home, were loud and boisterous which made sleeping through it all almost impossible. Laughter and conversations of great fortune filled these walls. The Bellerose family, well their assistants, had been planning this gala for weeks now to announce the opening of the new hospital, built for the elite only. This was, or so they said, the marking of a new era. Things were finally falling into place and life was becoming more and more 'liveable' despite the fact that the world around them had crumbled.

Quinn avoided it all. She was never interested in anything her father had "worked so hard on in order to create the utopia that they were finally living". It was all superficial to her, outside of their world, the Helios world, the living conditions for most were unacceptable. Sitting in the large window in her room, she overlooked the property, guards on every corner. This was the 'palace life' that her father had dreamed of, the life that others had built.

The girl stood, making her way to her closet where she laced up a pair of black boots before pulling on her coat. She could stroll right downstairs and out the door an no one would even notice, most of them were most likely enjoying their alcohol way too much anyway. In fact, that is exactly what she did and despite hearing her name being called several times by most likely those who haven't seen her since she was "this big." Out the door she went, making her way to the edge of the gated property where she was forbidden to go alone, especially after the sun had set.

tumblr_nii28t1ZRE1ry3bzso4_540.png

Eventually, Trent found himself on the roof of a partially obliterated building, drinking with his pals, watching their fellow Masollans celebrate. Music flooded the scene, old folk songs sung by the elders as mothers and fathers sat around the fires; young ones sleeping in their arms or laps. "What now?" The silence in the small group was broken by the air cutting words.

"What now? We stand our ground, because I know that the Helios will keep coming for us to get our people. That's what we do," Trent spoke with confidence as he garbled down a can of beer. "I guess.. we lay a bit low.. We've got injured people, and we have the dead. We wait any more and we'll either be in their prisons or dead. And I don't want to go back to the prisons. Dirty, loud, damp, shit smeared everywhere. Disgusting."

The crowd below roared one last time to honor their victors and came to a gradual silence in ten minutes.

He wrapped his thick, fleece blanket tightly around him, warmth consuming - fire and extra clothing making everything way better. "Hanna. Mind keeping watch? Tell me if an outsider is coming - I'll take care of it so none of you get hurt." Hanna easily complied and gave a short nod.

At night was the only time she could really slip away from home, a constant watch was kept on her any other time and her family was convinced that she was asleep in bed due to coming down with a slight cold. However, that was not the case. Of course, a 9 mm was concealed under her coat, there was no way she would go out without some form of protection, but she was confident she could take care of herself had the need arisen.

Not far off into her travels, the sparks of a distant fire caught her attention which caused her curious self to endeavor closer. Although she kept her distance, she could clearly see that there was some sort of party that must have been coming to an end. But who were these people, and why were they so close to the Helios? Were they planning an attack? Quinn made her way even closer, taking cover behind an old car in which only the shell had remained.

Hanna nodded, breath visible in the air with every exhale. "Got'cha boss. Let's just hope I don't have to interrupt you," the blonde replied to the leader. A smile crossed Trent's lips as he leaned back and closed his eyes.

The night was cold - noisy with the others talking - however, it wasn't bothersome. In fact, he was able to deal with it, but there was a sense of someone who wasn't supposed to be here. The youngster's eyes opened, he was facing the sky - stars at their most visible despite the slight foggy appearance. Things may have been polluted, but he had to make do with the things he had in order to find the beauty to occupy him.

"Boss, someone's.. here. I think," the girl didn't seem positive.

"Let me take a look. Tell me where," he retorted, sitting up. His hair was a mess - everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back