• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Eli (Possibly) Wants YOU!

Eli

The Breathing Master
Hello!

I'm Eli, and I am (obviously) looking for someone to have a 1x1 roleplay with. What is below is a bit long-winded. Sorry 'bout that, folks.

About Eli

I'm a bit busy lately, and I have a few other roleplays going on at the time. I want one or two more games/partners. I will probably be a bit picky, since I want us to click. So I'll want to chat with you through PM, see how it feels, and then maybe we can try plotting a roleplay.

I tend to reply once every couple of days to once a week. I will never (intentionally) rush you for a reply, because I understand that real life comes first. I hope you can respect the fact that I can't always reply immediately, although when I'm inspired and have time, you'll get a response without too much of a wait.

I don't like word counts -- I'll do 300 words, 2,000 words, something more, something less, or something in between. For the purposes of this roleplay, shorter (but sufficiently detailed) posts are probably what I'll be aiming for. But we'll see.

Uh, and that's about all I can think of at the time.

What I'm Looking For

Someone friendly who is willing to discuss the roleplay, hash out plot and characters, and really collaborate with me.

In most cases I'd want at least a good solid paragraph, but if the RP simply doesn't call for that, no worries. As I said, I don't like word counts. But more importantly, please always give me something to reply to. I will always do the same for you. And if for some reason I don't, then tell me (if I don't notice, which I should) and I'll happily fix it. That's one of my major roleplaying pet peeves.

Your post doesn't need to be twenty paragraphs long -- it needs to just give me something I can maybe work with.

... Unless, of course, that scene doesn't involve interaction between our characters. Heh.

And I'd appreciate it if you had decent spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It doesn't have to be perfect, of course. I make mistakes and my grammar certainly isn't flawless.

The Roleplay

I'm open to ideas and plots from you. I have a few ideas in my head too, and I can share those with ya if you wish. One is a real life, dramatic, realistic thingy, the other is Inception/Avengers cross over, aaaand possibly more. I just need to remember. Oops.

I will not throw two random characters together with no plot in mind.

I like forethought and planning and some discussion as we play. We gotta work together, right? I'll (try to) throw ideas at you and ask you a ton of questions about what you want, what you don't want, what direction we'll take this, etc etc. So... If you don't find plotting fun (I think it's lots of fun) then perhaps we aren't the best match. As a forewarning, during the plotting process I'll either take forever to reply or I'll reply a lot, with a ton of text and rambling. I try to think things out and contribute, or sometimes I'll try to just... reiterate what you said, tell you what I like and don't like. Unfortunately I can't instantaneously come up with an entire fresh plot right off the top of my head.

Genres I Like

Science Fiction

Real Life (I'm kinda craving this for the first time ever. Odd.)

Horror? Spooky stuff? But not so much vampires and werewolves and stuff? Who knows.

Post-apocalyptic

Mystery

Maybe Fantasy

And a lot of other genres, so ask me about it.

The only genre I'm a little wary of is history. I need to do my research and get my facts right when I roleplay history, and it tends to stress me out, even though I really enjoy history roleplays.

As for romance, I'd prefer that be a sub-genre. I haven't done much romance before, and I'd need the characters to have some chemistry. No insta-love either, sorry.

I'm open to all LGBTQIA+ characters and relationships.

Fandoms I Enjoy

Mushi-shi

Naruto

Marvel Movieverse

Star Trek

Persona

His Dark Materials

Inception

And a lot, lot more. I also like Hannibal, Fargo, and Broadchurch, so if you want to do something kinda like that, it might be fun.

And if you like Marvel Movieverse and Inception, and might wanna do a crossover, maybe add a third person, hoo boy, you're awesome.

Just suggest a fandom if it isn't here. I might have seen/read it.

Characters I Play

Characters are really important to me -- I need to get it just right or else I might lose interest in them. So I normally leave a good deal of space for them to grow and develop. Character development is a priority.

I like OCs and canons and generally play males. Actually, I'll almost always want to play a male. But still, I can branch out... If I have reason to. Also, I have not doubled before. I'm not closed off to it, but it might take some explanation and convincing.

Note on roleplaying canons: I am picky about canons I play. I've only ever played one canon before, and I really enjoy it, but I'll only play a canon I'm confident I can play well. Keeping the canon in-character is very important to me.

Where I'd Like to Roleplay

I like roleplaying in threads and on google documents. I will not roleplay through instant messengers and I will probably not want to play through private message.

As for chatting, I do have a Skype I made specifically for RP Nation. If it's easier for you, we may communicate through that. Otherwise I use this website's conversation system.

And, uh. Anything else? Ask me questions, PM me, whatever.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:
HI!!!!!

Okay, I'll be honest but I totally just skimmed this whole thing xD but from what I did read, seems fine by me!

Basically I'm interested xD

So...hi ^^

Hello~

Haha, I certainly don't blame you for skimming. It came out a lot longer than I intended, pff. And I could still add stuff.

Anyways, I'll be sending you a message~

Thanks for replying!

And if anybody else wants to reply, feel free to.

So, uhh, I tried to start a conversation with you, Jinx, but I couldn't figure out how. Do you happen to know how to start a conversation? Heh heh. xD

i'm interested! And long introductions are never bad thing :) If you're up to it reply to this and i'll send you a pm? Since it seems you cant? If not pm me?

Hellooo~

You're right, I can't seem to find out how to start a conversation. I've looked around quite a bit, googled it, but, silly me, I haven't been able to find it. xD ;; So yes, I'd appreciate it if you could PM me, if it isn't too inconvenient. Thank you!

EDIT: Extra silly me. I only now just looked at the Help forums. My account is not yet 24 hours old, and I need at least ten posts, so I'm unable to start conversations yet. That explains it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back