• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Electric Sheep [Always Open] - [Space | Dystopia | Androids]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
latest
Incoming File ...
To: No one really, no drama on the airwaves this evening.
RE: EVENING

Bureau Notes: feels weird writing this without reference to anything super forking ominous
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Transcription of Citadel Diamond Station - Recorded: 10:02

Broadcaster One:

Welcome back folks, that was 'Easy Living' by Billie Holiday; can't go wrong with the old school.

Right now we're just settling in for the evening of this joyous occasion. Get ready to sit back from work and prepare for a night of celebration as we're reminded just how lucky we are to have Emperor au Olver guiding us all.

Broadcaster Two:

That's right George, and it's been quite the day to remind us just how important our ultimate protector is. We've received the official report just now from our Empire's Eyes and sure enough, rumor was right and there was an explosion in the transits today. Reports say it was due to negligence by maintenance staff. The Secret Police is now ensuring they are properly re-educated so that the incident don't not occur again; thankfully, the carriage was empty and no one was injured during the commotion.

Broadcaster One:

Thank the Emperor that we no longer have the old barbarism of detention centers for those citizens who just need a guiding hand back on the right path.

Broadcaster Two:

Well said George.

Broadcaster One:

And as always at this time in the evening, we're bringing to you your stories, told to us about your lives. What do our civilian reporters have for us today, Teddy?

Broadcaster Two:

Well George, we've had over twelve thousand dial-ins today complaining about distorted signals on the comm and weblinks, and worst of all, disturbance in radio transmissions.

Broadcaster One:

Right you are, and that's the perfect opportunity to remind folks that this is all to be expected. Big bad storms in the Outer Rim will be making mischief with the Empire's satellite system, and even with our local networks, all a few more days yet folks, so just sit tight, and tune in whenever you can for updates.

Broadcaster Two:

Other than that Geroge, we've had an unusually quiet day on the citizen reports front. Preparations for the street parties in the Market Level are all going off without a hitch, and it's sure to be a good evening for all of us, Hands, Nobulus, and even Slavs. It might be a quiet night on our airwaves, but it's sure to be one of the loudest nights yet out with you folks back at home.

Broadcaster One:

We'll be celebrating in our own way right here, folks. It's just gone ten-o-five here on the Citadel, and as you all get the parties underway, we'll welcome you into the evening with another classic. Here's 'Accentuate the Positive', preformed by Bing Crosby for you tonight, folks. Happy Anniversary everyone, and Happy Anniversary if you're listening, Emperor.

Broadcaster Two:

Hail Emperor au Olver.

Broadcaster One:

Hail.

[end of transcription]

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Elephantom Elephantom
RE: Hades

Bureau Notes: Smol post is smol
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
More than the swirling ash stirring in his belly, Hades felt a flicker of warmth as the agent tipped backward and gave a cry of alarm. Yes, he felt a stroke of amusement. It struck him odd that after all these years, he might come out of this ordeal with an intact sense of humor. But given the myriad of grim futures he foresaw, he dryly noted that anything might appear jovial by comparison.

Hades laid his hands flat on his belly before the agent returned. He was no fool, and had taken a moment to gather the weapons in the cart and deposit them at the opposite end, well out of arms' reach. After everything he swore to, it would be ... unfitting for him to die here due to a moment of tension or a lapse in judgement. No, he had taken precautions to appear as anything but a threat.

One second passed. Two. Another, and a shape appeared in the doorway of the cart.

"Hades,"

Now where had he heard that voice before?

Ah, of course.

“I don't know why you're still loitering around—”

“You'd have to be mighty crazy,” chirped a second voice.

“— but you're going to accompany us. The transfer has been compromised and we have a feeling you're behind this.”

“He is?”

“Well, I have a feeling he's behind this. You'll come over peacefully or this Officer here will manhandle you back, Hades. It won't be pretty, I'll make sure of that.”

Slowly, carefully, Hades lifted both hands from the cold floor, splaying his bare fingers with long, deliberate motions. Limbs moving languidly, he took the cigar from between his lips while he sat upright. A look of pain cracked across his face, but he didn't vocalize it. Prison beds had taken a toll on him over the years, and it dawned on him again that his body ached.

"If I was behind this, Captain, I would be far away already." Hades stared at Meredith for a moment, then at his partner. He squashed the end of the cigar against the wall beside him and twisted, shearing off flakes of ash and embers before setting the cigar on the ground beside him. "It would have been quieter. And you would still be in your nice, comfy office none the wiser. But-" He closed his eyes and raised both hands. "I hardly expect you to believe me without any evidence to the contrary. So be it. I will cooperate as you deem fit."

Straining for a moment, he creaked to his full height with his arms overhead. He considered approaching the Captain, but thought wiser of it and performed a half turn instead, placing both palms flat against the wall and facing away from the Captain.

He needed his chance to speak to Jamie, and he couldn't afford to fuck it up this close to his objective. He paused to glance over his shoulder, where a section of the roof lay on a pair of bodies.

"One of your men there was making some noise a minute ago, but I couldn't lift the roof section off him. Hope you've got some muscle and a paramedic nearby."

With that, he turned to face the wall again.

"And call me 'Wilhelm'. I think this little pseudonym of mine is better left in the past."

Last edited:
Julian Serpentine

Julian smiled at the man, Marcus. "I'm Julian. It's nice to meet you." Julian smiled, and wobbled slightly, but caught his balance easily. I don't mind if you come over, I live alone, if you don't count side projects." He said, chuckling sorry. His phone beeped at him and he looked at it. Saia. "Excuse me for a second." He said, walking away from the man. He picked up to get a rant in his ear. "Julian! You GPs signal is still at the clinic. why are you still there? You should have been treated and coming home! Hera is worried, and Worried, just come home already." He winced. "Sai, I'm fine. I have a mild concussion, so chill out for a sec?" getting no responce, he sighed. "Look, I'm getting home soon. I'm hoping nothing happens when I try to get home, but who the fuck can predict the future. I'm having a visitor over for a while, I when I get home, you need to shut my computer off. got that?" He asked, and Saia sighed.

"Fine. Why are they coming over?" Julian smiled. "I'm fixing his shocker. It'll be my first one to actually fix, but I've seen enough shockers to know whats damaged and whats fine." He said, and Saia chuckled. "Your history could tell us that." He blushed slightly in embarrassment. "Hey, Can't help it if I'm curious okay? Get out of my history young lady." He sighed, and rubbed his temples. "Well, I gotta go, but getting home is my first priotity right now. I just want sleep. See you Sai. And Tell her that I'm fine, and I'll be better when I get home, okay?" Getting a disgruntled 'okay, the phone hanged up and he sighed. He kept his voice low as he could so they shouldn't of heard most of it. Saia was still a secret he wasn't planning on letting anyone know.

"Sorry, that was a friend of mine. They're a worrywart."
He grinned sheepishly. "Anyway, I'm knackered so whenever your ready to go." He said, gesturing o the door slightly.

latest
Incoming File ...
To: ( Bang Bang Bang Bang Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Elephantom Elephantom )
[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:420px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #840505; overflow:hidden; background:url(http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Andrew+McCabe+Attorney+General+Loretta+Lynch+OTkCV0W4_9jl.jpg); background-size:100%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:310px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-461px; left:-10px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:25px; color:#fff; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #840505; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:8px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=wrapper][div class=scroll]
[div class=textbox]
The day went by in haze-like fashion, as The Emperor stuck to his quarters the entire day. The only thing that was known of his doings were the frequent bottle of vodka orders to his room. The only guards were stationed on the exterior doors, and none within the room....

Jamie fastened one of the large diamond-shaped buttons on the cream-colored military formal trench he wore. Of course he truly didn't earn any of the accolades and medals that were pinned upon the coat, but as Emperor it was just another pointless tradition. Taking the last sip of vodka straight from the bottle, which was his second or third..? He lost track. His one icy blue eye stared at his reflection, almost appalled at what he saw.

One truth about life Jamie, you can't run from age. You can get surgery to cover up scars, but you can't go back in time. That's why i'm trying to revive you. Bring you back to the man you were... But we'll take our time, its fine. But you've made a good decision to have a few drinks, it'll make you better fit for tonight, and that I promise. "If you say so... But what exactly are we even going to do?" The voice paused for a minute before speaking. Well, we'll kill the remaining Angels who let your prisoners escape. If Meredith brings any stragglers behind talk with them also. Then we'll attend the banquet. Shake hands, kiss babies, and most importantly make sure no soul tries to kill us. And I mean nobody. You'll have to be vigilant, you can't trust anyone....

It didn't take much time for a knock at the door to snap him from thought. Athena. Jamie finished the look by sliding his glasses on carefully, quickly glancing at himself once more before heading to the door. Peaking his head from the darkened room, he locked eyes with his guard. "Is Meredith ready for us...?"

[/div][/div][/div][div class=credit]credits RI.a RI.a [/div][div class=overlay]Emperor Jamie au Olver[/div][div class=tags]Location?
@mentions here[/div]

latest
Incoming File ...
To: CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt
RE: Mr. Hand + Mr. White

Bureau Notes: hot date for the evening, check
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
The two Bureau agents present in Eye's office were most certainly not Mr. Rib, and as such, they did not possess their new-superior's constant veneer of calm in response to all the world threw at them. Mr. White in particular had to bite back on a scathing remark or two in response to the Eye's greeting, their back stiffening ramrod straight, lips pursing. "Mr. Rib is attending other, more important matters," they said instead of whatever scolding they wanted to give, though they did not hold back in emphasizing the inherent insult through the sneer in their tone. "I'm sure you'll find us satisfactory for the debrief."
"We don't require your counterpart," Mr. Hand interrupted, affecting boredom that seemed out of place against their previous reticent admiration of Mr. Eye. "He has been proving himself to be particularly useless as of late."

"Given the sensitive nature of the material, we thought an in-person consultation was in order," they continued, clearly echoing someone else's words by the use of 'we'. Setting their briefcase down on the Captain's desk, Mr. Hand nodded curtly at him and popped open the clasps. Inside, rather anticlimactically, was nothing more than an old-fashioned pen-and-paper notebook, accompanied by a stylish fountain pen. Drawing up a seat without asking permission, Mr. Hand sat, rested the paper on his leg, and like the psychiatrists of old, began watching their 'patient' and questioning. "How have things been here of late? Attitudes towards the Bureau, the SP, androids, and so forth?"

Beside them, Mr. White broke rank and went to inspect the furnishings of the Captain's office, circling about the room and inspecting each inconsequential object, shelf, and surface with a look of critical condescension. "We won't keep you long," they said, interrupting. "We know you've a party to attend. You're free to bring a guest, are you not?"
"Mr. Rib has instructed that you are to take them," Mr. Hand added, in what might be an attempt to ease Mr. White's antagonistic tone. "They'll meet you outside when we are done here."

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser
RE: Jeanne

Bureau notes: Short posts are fun, I just hate myself
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Jeanne opened her eyes slowly. She felt weak. It took her a few seconds of blinking and looking around to realise she was linked to a blood bag... it was pouring blood straight into her vein. Another glance made her let out a sigh of relief. Seamus's clinic. He had made it in time...as she frowned, she felt a stinging pain on the back of her head. Another scar.. hapilly Seamus had the dencency to hide the poeration marks in her hair.

She tried to sit herself up despite her tiredness. The loud sound of glass breaking filled the clinic as she tried to support herself on the desk, pushing a bottle to the floor. Fantastic. Well... maybe that would prevent her from having to scream to the top of her lungs to call him. She fell back against the bed, sighing. She'd be out of it for god knows how long..

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Bang Bang Bang Bang NUSKI NUSKI and to whoever may concern.
RE: LUTHER

Location: Shadow District - Abandoned building - Floor 4th - Near a junkyard.
Bureau Notes: (Small Introduction for the cause of Introductions.)

LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified

There is but a difference, a single yet most important factor that resolves the existing gap between humanity and androids. A void that is constantly filled by: beliefs, power, love... delusions with abstract and expandable size that soon overwhelms them all in lies and smuggling superiority. A lie that once separated by the truth, it does not fills the void left behind but tears people apart. It is what all seek yet you are created with.

Purpose.

Luther - he was standing next to a window. His brown eyes hiding under his eyelids, his well tailored suit resting on his shoulders as he seem to be paralyzed in place. His blank expression showing nothing but static apathy over the corridor around him, dark and abandoned. Luther was there but at the same time he wasn't, like a figure out of place, out of picture. In fact, within his processor the world was completely different.

Inside his 'mind' Luther was awake and training. In a scenario, he was removing a handgun from an armed civilian and then drop him unconscious, in the next he was fighting two unarmed guards in martial combat, in the next one he was practicing his sharpshooting with a 9mm against moving targets. The simulations that were running on his interface seem to be on constant loop as they all continue to achieve its mission quicker and with less lost of bio-components or elements. At the center of it all was Luther, sitting on a chair before another one facing him without someone to occupy the seat. Further away there was a closed door soon to be opened.

That was when a female character of pale skin and blonde hair came through the door, she smiled and spoke, "Luther. I am so happy to see you." She seemed oddly perfect for the world in which the both existed. Not for Luther - PI always gave him the idea of peace in his very center, a world of order with pure harmony.

Luther opened his eyes slowly, greeting his friend with a grin, "Hello PI." soon after, the blonde haired woman changed for a small child black of hair and brown small piercing eyes. She rushed to Luther's side but slows down to reach the other chair and sat down as a business man of brown skin, bald and cyan eyes; "I am running the simulations you suggested, PI. They resulted to aid my task. It has also improved a lot my skills to better perform future objectives."

"I am glad that is the case, Luther." the brown man spoke once more, after that he moved his hand over the gap between them and a chess table would appear, "Speed chess?"

"Gladly, PI." It changed to an old man, Luther and PI began to play chess in order to see the winner of such game. Meanwhile the simulations continued to shoot and beat each other at a background scene; not that any sound would be emulated to disturb the peaceful environment given by this center piece, separated by a simulated river and a glass dome. They continued to play and play as they hit the holo-timer to show the turns change, it all changed when the game ended up in an odd draw.

PI would have changed back into the business man, "Stop." all simulations, even the water surrounding the dome, stopped accordingly, frozen in time around them. PI would look at Luther with inquiry in his eyes, "This is a very odd draw... isn't it?"

Luther nodded in agreement, "In our past games I understood you do not appreciate to be defeated neither that I let you win. I assessed that a draw would be acceptable." his hands moved over the board, expressing his empathy and the result of it as best he could, proving he cared for PI's reactions and PI knew that too well. It changed once more to the blonde woman.

"Luther-" she smiled once more, but then seem as if sadness escaped from her eyes, "Never throw a match. Win always." then changed to the child, "People might look innocent. But they are monsters... they seek to betray each other. You must always be a step ahead." then back to the businessman, "It would be a great pity that we lost you at this very moment, you have proven to be more resilient than most models, quicker, smarter, stronger. You are meant for great things..." then back to the woman whose hand would reach for his, "Promise me you will never *ever* trust anyone but me."

Luther stared at her for a moment, processing the request as his own hand turned to take hers, "Don't worry, PI. I will not fail you or the mission." sharing a smile, acceptance.

"Good... Wonderful." the AI would continue to speak as she asked, "Shall we try again?" the simulation restarted, as if it all rebooted itself and continued the loop.

Though in reality, outside his processor; a dead man would be behind his body. A corpse with two bullets on the chest and at Luther's hand would be a gun with a few tracks of dry blood over his fingerprints that would began to fade through his bio-skin absorption property capable to remove most stains; if payed enough attention, the simulations would reveal that each move are fragments of what had been done in the past - even the dead of this man and many others. And so it continued to be there, hiding from the naked eye as the voice of PI persisted, "I am so happy with you, Luther."

latest
Incoming File ...
To: ReverseTex ReverseTex Elephantom Elephantom
RE: Athena

Bureau Notes: Do not touch hair pls
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
"Hold still!"

"I am trying!"

"Not very hard."

"Stop pulling my bloody hair!"

"Tsk."

"Be gentle."

Athena clenched her eyes shut as 'her' hairdresser went to work. She used that association very loosely, her hairdresser. The careless woman definitely hadn't been hand-picked for her, that was for certain. She normally didn't enjoy being fussed over, but here she would have made an exception if it meant a softer touch.

The armoring process had been mercifully smooth. She was even able to enter a state of meditation to attend to her duties as the tailor and engineer worked in tandem. A message to the Captain of the Angels, some revision of the evening's guard activity, a few profiles to read with regard to potentially problematic guests ... before she knew it, her new suit was ready. She had to admit, it fitted like a glove. It had seemed that her fears might be unfounded.

But then there was this bitch.

"Gah!"

"Shush."

"Ah! Gentle!"

"Stop whining, you're only-"

Athena's hand caught the hairdresser's wrist. The woman made a sound somewhere between a hiss and a yelp and tried to jerk back, but the grip was tight. Free of her helmet, Athena turned and smiled at the woman behind her.

"I'm sorry, I thought I said gentle. Did you misunderstand?"

She heard a short pacing of footsteps from her left as the tailor raced to the scene.

"What are you doing?" Isabelle Au Anhad waved her hands and fretted about, zig-zagging back and forth around the two. The woman pawed at Athena's new gauntlets, as if tapping against the ornamental plasteel plates might activate some hidden release mechanism. "Have you lost your mind, girl?"

"One - stop calling me girl. I'm two years your senior. Second - tell your hairdresser to stop pulling my bloody hair and I'll return the favor of not crushing her damned wrist."

That was a bluff in its entirety. Athena had rarely been bothered by au Anhad's endearments, nor did she have any desire to injure someone trying to help her - however careless and unpleasant they might be. But like hell was she going to sit there idly while that hag yanked her head around all over the damned place. If that meant she had to scare someone into playing nice, she wasn't above such measures.

She released her vice grip and resumed a proper, ladylike posture in her seat with a warm, sunny smile.

"Gentle." She reiterated pleasantly. "Let's not go through that a second time."

After a hesitant moment, the hairdresser returned to her work with slow, careful motions. Much better, Athena thought.

A whistle greeted Athena as she approached the Emperor's quarters.

The fitting and grooming process had her sitting still longer than she cared for, and she relished the freedom to stretch her legs and put her new suit through its paces. She strode quickly through the halls, taking a zig-zag route. Up and down, over an daround, she keept a spring in her step as she tested herself on corners, staircases and any strange terrain features she might have come across. She had to hand it to them, engineering had done a bang-up job.

"Yeah, go fuck yourself." She smiled bitterly and saluted Jamie's guards with a single finger. "How's it look?"

"Not bad." One guard shrugged, keeping his free hand drumming to a silent tune on the receiver of his rifle. "Though it's weird coming to terms with you ... having skin."

"Lap it up, sleazebag, because after tonight it's back to normal."

"Good," the second guard murmured, "protection is important in our line of duty."

The guard's compatriot shot him a tired stare. "Jesus, don't enable her." He turned to Athena again and shrugged. "Gotta keep in touch with that 'inner human' somehow. Take off the helmet and go for a walk sometime."

"She's human second," the rigid guard cut in, "and guard to the Emperor first. So are you Mikey. Duty comes first."

"You're a real stick-in-the-mud."

"And you're in danger of being relieved of your post, with that attitude."

Athena stepped between the men and rapped thricely on the door. Flanking her, the guards quickly hushed and returned to their sentinel silence.

Seconds passed, Athena remained upright and two feet from the doorway. It bumped quietly with the sound of locks sliding out of place, and the door creaked open faintly.

It was almost comical to watch Jamie poke his head from the gap, but not the sort of comical one would laugh at. He seemed ... not strictly nervous, but there was a bitter coldness in the eye which regarded her. His attire was loud. Attention-grabbing. But his posture was a stark contradiction, almost shy in the way he watched her from the darkness.

Jamie ... what happened to you?

"Is Meredith ready for us...?"

"Yes, your Eminence." Athena's head bowed, reverent. "I informed him that you would be spending a few hours preparing, and requested that he should arrive at a time such that it would not conflict with your schedule. Ever-vigilant, he informed me he shall arrive at your earliest convenience. As such, he shall be arriving fifteen minutes from now."

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Elephantom Elephantom KnightSergeant KnightSergeant (if Lyud shows, lol) , CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt ReverseTex ReverseTex Noivian Noivian Panzer Panzer Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser SadSnake SadSnake
RE: The Gala

Bureau Notes: party party party
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Though the Emperor was yet absent, delayed by incidents covered up neatly by the Eyes, the Gala was beginning. With the enormous doors thrown open to the courtyard steps, the Palace welcomed all those on the guest list, and dealt with those who were not quickly, quietly, and severely. Several top agents of the Angels had been brought in on security decal that evening, along with a handful of Eyes and Fleet personnel for decorative purposes. They lined the open doors, both at the entrance and those leading out to the Palace Gardens, where a hedge maze offered privacy for tipsy couples and a 'rustic' buffet of drinks and finger-foods lay displayed for the reaping.

Inside the ballroom, the world was alive with light. Chandeliers lit with real flames and candles gave the evening an antiquated, nostalgic feel for times when androids and the horrors of technology were not even a possibility, let alone a lingering threat. A fully populated orchestra sung out symphonies from a balcony overlooking the affair, nestled in the shade so that the spotlight could soon be taken by the Emperor for his customary speech.

Once they had been verified by the Angels, Nobulus swarmed into the pleasant evening heat. Most took up positions around the sides of the rooms, pairing off together to gossip, exchange news, make business arrangements lubricated by alcohol, and to watch and study those who were their rivals beyond those four walls. Others filled the center of the room in pairs for dancing, any Noblus and military official worth their salt well-versed in footwork required for such occasions. Indeed, it would pass perfectly for an affair of the past were it not for the bots flying about with platters of champagne - far more dependable than hired Hands - and the security drones making their patrols about above the crowds.

It was a rare occasion for the Palace to open its doors so freely, especially with mounting tensions between the Noblus and the Empire. Most hoped this evening would do something to diffuse the anxiety that they lay in; after all, it was not every day they could meet their Emperor in person and try to win him to their side. Most people rarely even saw the Emperor, more and more so nowadays, save for in public speeches and broadcasted interviews. Rumors were abound, and everyone was titillated by the excitement of getting a chance to confirm them for themselves.

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Bang Bang Bang Bang
RE: NOVA AU LOCKE

Bureau Notes: trash child inbound
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
"What do you mean I'm not allowed in? Do you know who I am?" Nova au Locke bellowed at a Gala guard, stirring up a scene. Her right hand gripped her Razor, left hand clenched into a fist in front of her face, a typical fighting stance.

The guard had his hand on his gun, looking as if he was uncertain if he should shoot the smaller girl or not. "Ma'am, status has nothing to do with this. You're in direct dress code violation. Under Emperor au Olver's orders, I cannot permit you entrance to this event. Please return in a proper outfit."

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing now? No one seemed to care before what I wore to these dumb meetings." The outfit of choice was, of course, Nova's daily attire. A simple white T-shirt with a black 88 printed on it, and a pair of tight-fitting exercise booty shorts, with a pair of old-school style Converse. Her Razor was clipped to the waistband of her shorts, and was currently holding the right side of her shirt up to display itself and make itself easier to access.

The guard shifted awkwardly. "This isn't exactly a 'dumb meeting'..." he hesitantly said, uncertain how to talk to this Noblus before him, apparently.

With a huff, Nova turned away. This wasn't getting her anywhere. Suppose she couldn't say she didn't try at this point. Not like she'd even put in any effort to actually attend. Not when there were much more interesting things to do elsewhere.

Not even an hour later, Nova returned, this time wearing what she considered a frilly, over the top dress. Frankly, the outfit was just barely enough to pass for dress code. It was subtle and sleek, flowing and comfortable, and long enough to hide the fact that the girl wasn't wearing heels. All in all, flattering to her curvy form, and somehow she managed to look presentable, despite not doing anything with her hair or even putting on makeup past a sheen of lip gloss. With not a small amount of frustration, the guard she had prior spoke to allowed her entrance. As to where Nova might have found that gown in such a small time frame, it was a mystery.

Last edited:
latest
Incoming File ...
To: NUSKI NUSKI ReverseTex ReverseTex Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II
RE: Kello

Bureau Notes: Haha my pacing is a mess -cry-
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Kello zipped between intersections, outcroppings, anything which would afford the slightest bit of cover. She would check over her shoulder every ten seconds to ensure her charges followed, then would barrel after Monique - who had seemed to suddenly know where they were going.

"Hey, where are we going?"

Monique made no effort to respond, but her hand was chopping down each time they passed a side passage as if counting them. She skidded to an abrupt halt and swung left. Kello promptly snapped to the wall beside the turn, peeking her rifle around the corner. What was it? Angels? Lost maintenance workers? What could have drawn her atten-

A blast tore past and a storm of dust buffeted her. She retched at the taste and drew behind the wall, away from the draft. She waited, then pushed herself forward as the dust settle and swung her gun up - but Monique's hand landed on her sights and pushed the barrel down.

"Reinforcements." Monique stated quietly.

"Kello? Is that you?"

"Nezha?" Kello lowered her gun. For a moment she stood in stunned silence. Was something going right? Was this stroke of fortune real? Her eyes shifted to Circe, and slowly they widened.

Circe.

Circe!

"Circe!" Kello brandished an arm with a wide 'come here' gesture as she leapt into action. Yes, yes this was going to work. "Get over here, quick!" She spun and jabbed the arm at Nigel. "Hey, Grizzlebitch! You know what you're doing. Circe, listen to the grumpy one-armed shithead and he'll tell you how to take these damned chips out! Monique-" She swung around again, to where Monique was standing at attention. "Monique! Grab the taser and give everyone a neck-jab every few minutes. I don't know how long you can manually keep those things deactivated for, but we're gonna damn well try!"

Monique tossed her rifle to Kello, who caught it in her free hand as she moved toward her reinforcements. With a rifle under each arm, she nodded half over her shoulder, keeping her eyes on Nezha. "Yo kittycat, watch the way you came through. Shouldn't be anyone coming that way, but gotta keep safe. Tall, dark and silent?" Kello lifted one barrel and winked to Qix. "You're with me. We're gonna keep watch over the way I came through, in case the Angels manage to tie their shoelaces and get their shit together."

She spun around and marched back the way she came, swerving around her new emancipated buddies as she sought a good overwatch position.

Reinforcements. Now what had she done to warrant something good happening in her life?

Goddamn, she smiled bitterly, looks like the big engineer in the sky must have plans for me after all.

Even if the aforementioned engineer in the sky seemingly took joy in her suffering.

One heavily-condensed escape later
Kello liked to walk first. Maybe it was a holdover from her old joybot days, maybe it was a modification Hades made, maybe it was something she learned on her own. She couldn't remember exactly. But on this day, Kello wasn't walking first. As soon as the tracking implants had been removed, she'd quickly fallen in behind Nezha. Maybe it was the morning's stress catching up to her, maybe it was the sheer relief of the situation leaving her sluggish and content.

Or maybe it was the shame. Shame that she had failed her key objective. The others had to be wondering what happened. Kello was sure they knew the goal of her mission. She was sure they noticed, that no man matching Hades' description was travelling with them. Her head hung a fraction as she strolled into Kismet HQ with three secondary objectives in tow.

Well, she had to own it. All the sulking in the world wasn't going to fix the situation. They'd need to adapt, to take a new approach. Old plans would be re-thought. She'd done it before, she'd do it again. This would be no different. Same shit, new day.

She jerked her head up, holding her chin high as she forced herself to the front of the group and fixed her eyes on Genesis.

"He was there." She found herself growl, which startled her. She was angry, she was hurt, but she thought she had kept herself together. She bit back a curse, and pushed on in the same bitter tone. "And he didn't fucking come. He told me he wouldn't be any help which is bullshit! I had him right there, restraints broken, free to come and join us! And he didn't!"

She paused and it occurred to her that she'd paced forward a few steps in her venting. She didn't remember moving. She didn't remember being so angry that her fists had balled. She could be emotional at times, but she'd never been so unaware of-

Oh god. Not now.

She forced a gulp and held her hands behind her back. Each hand wrapped around the other, deliberately holding tight to keep them from straying.

latest
Incoming File ...
To: SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser ShadowBroker ShadowBroker NUSKI NUSKI
RE: GLITCH

Bureau Notes: lemme know if anything's off Brook!
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Naturally, Gwen had been hard to find. Glitch was under the impression that nothing about recruiting this woman would be for the better, and this only served to confirm it. Though Intel indicated that the woman ought to be residing at a pay-by-the-hour motel down on L20 used by third-rate JoyBots, she'd been absent. Her usual drinking shit hole, Ace? Absent. Lurking about the ruins of Underworld? Absent. But then again, Glitch should have known she'd be here— Gwen always had been a human lover. That an android who claimed to pioneer the Rebellion could have accepted her role as slave to as human, even one who fashioned himself after a Greek deity, turned Glitch's stomach. Worse, Nezha seemed to forgive the woman for it completely, which was insane; Nezha wasn't some human fucker.

So what, exactly, made Gwen an exception to the rules of logic? She'd already failed to drive a Rebellion— hell, if rumors were true, she'd been the source for the Purge virus. She should have killed herself, rather than let them take that kind of information from her circuitry.

Yet here Glitch stood, outside a fucking shit hole of a 'clinic', preparing herself to recruit the very cause of so much death.

Gritting her teeth, Glitch braced herself, before forcing a more civil expression to her face. She knocked, for no reason she could say, not like this was a private residence. Off her game, maybe. Or hoping they'd flee and she could say Gwen had vanished into the ether, rather than recruit her. Unfortunately for Glitch, when she opened the door, there her target sat, accompanied by two others: a young man, human judging by the blood, and another who, though covered in crimson, looked decidedly android in appearance, though supposedly dressing up as an android had become all the rage among the human population; they never failed to prove Glitch right in her resolve to despise them.

Just to rub it in, Gwendolyn looked up and grinned at her. "Another one? Doc sure is busy," The elder android mused. How could she looked so casual, so smug, knowing what she'd done? What she'd failed to prevent. "You don't look that injured. Circuitry fucked? 'Fraid Doc's no techie, though this kid here seems to have a way with the wires." She gestured to the human boy, showing no signs of despising him for his heritage. "Have a seat."
"No, thank you," Glitch said, trying not to hiss the words. "I'm not here for an injury. I'm here for you, Gwendolyn."

Blinking, Gwen didn't respond for a long minute, before saying slowly, "I'm sorry, I don't recognize you. Why would you be looking for me?"
"Because," Glitch said, voice calm but her fists were balled up at her sides, "we've freed Hades."

She could have said a hundred different things, all better for explaining the situation, but she knew, she just knew that that would be what would minimize the questioning and protests. She felt sick just watching how the other android paled, frozen, staring. "I don't believe you."
"This morning. That's what the incident with the transit really was. Eyes are covering it up."
"You can't. He's not— he can't be alive anymore."
"They were moving him out of the Wastes today for the Emperor's Gala. We intercepted."
"But—"
"Are you coming, or not?" Glitch asked, impatient at best, hoping the answer would be 'no' with every fibre of her being. Hades was a monster. Everything he'd done had led to the Purge, to their becoming fugitives, to the downfall of their entire people, and here this android was acting like she was speaking of the resurrection of Christ.

Glitch eyed the two others beside her whilst Gwen struggled for words. "You two, you're coming too. You've heard too much otherwise. And, please, don't mistake this for a choice."
"Who are you?" Gwen asked, voice faint, struggling to be assertive. With a heavy degree of resignation, Glitch returned her gaze to the other with as little of a scowl as she could manage.
"We're the new Rebellion. And unlike you, we don't intend to fail."

helghast_by_divested-d8plz7a.png
Incoming File ...
To: ReverseTex ReverseTex Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II
Bureau Notes: galahad, i assumed rob and dragomir were prisoners
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified

6a73f32fe76694a1eba40f232d8e78e4--spaceship-interior-art-world.jpg

Genesis had brought them all into the main meeting room where several of he had most of his conversations with his maidens. No one had decided to sit yet which irritated the young android but he could understand their stress, especially after receiving the grim news from Kello. Without Hades, it would be harder to convince Gwen to rejoin the rebellion. Good thing she wasn't here to hear what Kello had to say. Genesis allowed her to speak and quickly noticed how rigid and close to him she had become.

"It is unfortunate... I really thought Hades would come. I can only image the type of things going through his head. Maybe he has truly gone mad?" Genesis questioned as he sat down on one of the metallic chairs looking at the people before him. "I understand how difficult this is for you, for all of you but we must move on. If he didn't want to come there is nothing we can do now that can change his fate" he continued, looking cautiously towards Kello.

Qix, Nezha, and Circe walked into the room from the door behind Genesis, with Circe having the biggest smile on her face. "I understand Circe was successful in removing the trackers with the help of Nigel. I am pretty proud myself, she usually doesn't get to go on field missions." Genesis paused to readjust himself in his chair, looking a bit more uncomfortable with what he had to say next. For the first time since his guests had come he looked at them, taking in their full appearance. He had heard of them all but Nigel was still a mystery to him. He seemed to be a more reserved person which already made Genesis suspicious but if he was with Kello, he would have no other choice.

"I am not sure how things used to work when... Hades was in charge but I believe I run things differently. I do not want you all to take offense to this but I do not plain to fail. If it comes to it, I will slaughter every Noblus to see our goal come to fruition. I do not wish for androids to dominate, I want them to be known as equals... Nezha do you have them?" Nezha seemed to have been in her own world and Circe flicked her to bring her back to reality.

"He asked if you had the razors" Circe whispered loud enough for the whole room to hear. Nezha nodded and slipped around the corner only to come back with a large black plastic container and dropped it on the table, an echo crying out through the empty abandoned ship. Genesis gestured for her to open it and Nezha reached over the lid and opened it, pushing the container towards the newcomers a bit more.

"Weapons. The razors are a bit old, but they will do the job-"

"Genesis, we don't know yet" Circe quickly interrupted planting her chin on the top of his head with a large grin.

"What do we not know my child?"

"Well, we already knew Kello, but these new ones- they never agreed to join us. You were about to give them weapons and your plans for the future without confirming it" Circe said, focusing her attention towards Dragomir and Nigel.

"Thank you Circe. She is right. You do not owe us anything... we want you to be with us only if you choose to do so. I warn you though, you can't play both sides. Time will come when anyone against us will have to pay the price" Genesis said lifting his arm above his head and pushing Circe off his head, only to have her giggle.

"So what will it be?" Circe asked as she randomly tried to balance on one foot with both of her hands behind her head.

latest
Incoming File ...
To: SadSnake SadSnake Rusty Kerman Rusty Kerman
RE: MCCREE

Bureau Notes: come up to the lab
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Rita waited for a good few minutes, repeating herself over and over, before the lines crackled back. "Hello? Is somebody there?" She couldn't help cheering, suddenly far too invested in this for her to retain her - admittedly not that great in the first place - veneer of professional calm. Beside her, Wash, the pilot, grinned and rocked back in his seat, about to open up the response channel when another line came through. "Houston? Is that you?"

"Damn," Rita breathed. "They really are Old Earth. Just listen to that accent." Pressing the 'out' button, she shot back, "ISS, this is Firefly Alpha-Seven, do you copy? Over."
"Um..." Maybe she should have thought that through better; Fireflies might have been commissioned over five decades ago, but that was still way ahead of these guys' time. "This is ISS to Firefly Alpha-Seven... Who is this? Over." Stars, how to explain that one.
"Do they know?" Wash asked, nodding to the comms. "That it's ]i]the not so distant future[/i], I mean."
"I doubt it. Reckon they'll come easy when we say we're here to take them to a system far, far away?" Wash groaned at that one.
"Resistance would be... unhelpful."
"No shit, braniac."

"I copy. Over," the in-channel stirred again, and regretting leaving them hanging, Rita jumped to her feet and slammed on the mic.
"Apologies, ISS. We've been assigned to retrieve you from your station."
"Scans don't look good, hoss," Wash interrupted, scratching the back of his head. "Docking bay won't allign with our ship; mechanics changed seventeen models ago. They're not compatible."

Nodding, Rita drummed her fingers on the cockpit dashboard. "We can't dock with you, ISS. Do you have equipment functional for EVA? Over."
"Umm.. Affirmative." Rita hoped that 'um' was their checking for the equipment, not contemplating refusal. "We do. Over."
"Grand."
"Do you have room for personal items?"

Okay, it was probably just because of how surreal today and this... this whole thing was, but Rita couldn't help laughing at that. "Sure! Bring 'em over. Just don't overload yourself. Can you keep the comms open during travel? Over."
"Affirmative."
"Let us know when you're ready for entry. We're not designed for EVA, but the docking bay ought to work. You may get a bit knocked up when the gravity kicks in, but you'll be safe and off of that floating impending disaster. Name's McCree, by the way. Who am I speaking to? Over."
"What about me?" Wash protested from beside her, wearing a suitably cocky smirk even as she elbowed him.
"Shut it, you. No matter how prepared they are for what they're about to find out, they're most certainly not prepared for you."
"You wound me," Wash muttered, the lament rather ruined by the smile he failed to suppress. "I'll bring us round to minimize distance. We're clear from UFOs for a good twenty minutes according to radar."

"Dr Spencer Tekto, Nice to meet you McCree," The Old Earther interrupted, bringing them both back to focusing. "Wait... Did you say gravity?"
"Long story, Doc. We'll catch you up on things once you're ship side. For now, take care of yourself. Have you any other passengers?"
"Yes, A unconscious crew member"

...Well.

That was helpful. "Thought it was going too smoothly," Wash observed. "What's a dream with no drama?"
"It does feel like a dream, doesn't it? Old Earthers, real Old Earthers." Returning to the comm link, Rita added, "Ah. Can you bring them over? Over."
"Over over," Wash repeated, chuckling when she whacked him.
"Perfect. We're maneuvering to receive you as we speak. ETA calculated for twenty minutes. We'll see you soon. Over and out."

latest
Incoming File ...
To: ( Bang Bang Bang Bang SadSnake SadSnake )
RE: Spencer Tekto

Bureau Notes: (I Aint 'Fraid Of No Ghosts)
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified

Tekto Sighed, The ISS had been his home for the past 2 and a half years, And that was when he was conscious! He finished putting the unconscious Anne in a EVA suit and shut the inner airlock door.
"*Sigh* Jesus Christ on a bike today has been one hell of a day" He says as he vents all of the remaining O2 in the room.
He floats to the outer airlock door and opens it. He turns back around and uses a theater to latch himself to Anne. As he turns around back to the emptiness of space, he sees it. The Firefly.
"Well that is fucking impressive."
He floats out of the airlock and shuts the door behind him. He checks that Anne is secure and enables the maneuvering unit. He slowly drifts towards the docking bay.
"So this is it, The future. What do I expect... Fusion Energy, Genetic Engineering, Warp drives, Half-Life 3. I dont know but its time to find out" Tekto thinks as he grabs a small handle on the docking bay door.
"Im at the door, Can you open it up? Over"
The door slowly opens revealing a well lit interior. He drifts in and the door closes behind him.
"Im in, just tell me when to- WOAH!" He is cut off mid sentence by the sudden feeling of weight, as he falls towards the floor. As he makes contact, he hits his head on his visor.
"Ow..."
He gets back up, and checks everything. Anne Is ok, The tools are ok, His stuff is ok, Annes stuff is ok, and the data is ok. He stands back up and a light engulfs the room. A mechanical voice states: "No contamination found" As the light fades away. The door opens to a glowing line on the floor labeled "Bridge".
When Tekto arrives he is greeted by a well dressed woman and a scruffy looking man in a baseball cap. McCree and Wash labeled on each of there badges. Tekto Is told to sit down by McCree as the ship changes its orientation and the thrusters fire, bringing the ship into a better orbit to enter warp. Wash sits back in his chair and looks to Tekto.
Wash: What was old Earth like?
Tekto: Wellll... There were these weirdos called furries...

tagging:
mentions: Bang Bang Bang Bang ReverseTex ReverseTex anyone else who wants to stop her
ooc: I guess

7PUCdIi.png

Admiral Taela

A hundred thousand failures at the helm of various battleships could not prepare her for the courtly duties that the people so adored. Nagging her in the back of her head was a small reminder that she could have simply forgone the event, turned down the Emperor under the guise of doing something more...pressing. Perhaps that would have sent more of a message. She almost scoffed at the idea. Her, sending a message? Perhaps she was more attuned to these events than she would like to admit. Looking up from her gloved hands towards the window of her vehicle she could see grand masterpiece that was the palace standing proudly before her, overshadowing the smaller buildings scattered around it. A small beep sounded out as the vehicle slowly lowered towards the landing areas in front of the palace followed by a hiss while the doors slid open.

Adjusting her dress around her chest and pushing her bobbed hair behind her ear she stepped out onto the platform, using the frame of the car to push herself out onto the solid ground before her. The ruffles of her vanilla white dress seemed to shimmer as she confidently strutted towards the large doorway standing open to reveal the cavernous main chamber of the Palace, meant to dwarf the individual in every way possible. The two guards at the door hardly seemed to register her as she held out her ID, the visage of a younger more spry woman fitting her features flickering across its surface, verifying that she was indeed supposed to be here. Away from the guards now she wasted no time grabbing a glass of whisky from one of the little floating robots that seemed to have replaced the servers. The whole thing seemed quaint, like something out of a movie romanticizing Old Earth and its endeavors. In the distance she could see where the Emperor and his associates - herself included - would be sitting, raised above the other noblus in a show of importance. Though it was just that, a show. Sipping at her whisky she could hardly hold herself back from returning the cup to the robot, her face contorting with disgust for a moment before she took another sip. If she had the time she would probably tell the organizer a thing or two about good whisky - but she didnt so it was a moot point. Weaving between small pockets of noblus talking idly amongst each other with polite excuse me's and pardons she slowly made her way towards the Emperor, heels clacking against the hard flooring all the way.

• latest
    Incoming File ...
    To: Bang Bang Bang Bang Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos SadSnake SadSnake SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III NUSKI NUSKI
    RE: SEAMUS O'DONEHEY

Bureau Notes: Let me know if I missed any tags
    LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
    Seamus was in his storage area checking his supplies in preparation for his next restock when he heard the sound of a bottle shattering on the floor. Sighing, he grabbed a nearby broom and dustpan before walking into the clinic proper to see Jeanne trying to get up. She looked groggy and pale but that was pretty run of the mill considering what she had gone through. That being said, she wasn’t fully recovered yet and still needed some rest to recover from the aftereffects of her latest excursion. As such Seamus, leaning the broom and dustpan against the desk, grabbed her shoulder and shoved her back onto the bed none too gently, though not overly hard either.

Stay down, you still need rest, he said before turning to begin cleaning up the bottle she’d broken, ”Running around in a wolf mask takes its toll on a person.” Seamus himself thought little of her, shall we say, hobby and hadn’t said it very loudly so it was highly doubtful that anyone else in the clinic would have overheard him unless they had been specifically listening. This in itself was also highly unlikely as, while he was talking, a new person walked into the clinic and began to address Gwen.

Looking over Seamus noted that the newcomer was another android. He sighed again, wondering why androids were coming to his clinic. He didn’t have anything against them, as Gwen could attest, but this was a clinic and not a repair shop.He could barely do basic maintenance on his own arm and had to take it in periodically to be serviced, a fact that thoroughly annoyed him, though not enough for him to learn to do it himself. As such, it made no sense for them to come here to be fixed.

His questions as to why the new android were here were quickly answered however as she began to talk about a breakout involving a transport from the Wastes. To be entirely honest, Seamus began to tune it all out due to disinterest, that was until she said that those in the clinic were coming with her and that they had no choice in the matter. The irritation that had been building in Seamus all day finally hit the breaking point. Dropping the dustpan and broom in the middle of cleaning up, he strode over to the android and without so much as a word, wound up before sending a fist hurtling at her jaw.

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser Bang Bang Bang Bang
RE: CHARACTER NAME

Bureau Notes: In the left corner we have the Angrey Doc and in the right corner we have the Angery Android! Let's get ready to rumble!
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Marcus nodded back to Julian somewhat wishing he could smile as well. "Same to you as well, Julian. Sure I guess I can come over for a while as you're getting this thing fixed up a bit." He was intrigued by his supposed 'side projects' which Julian had mentioned. "What's these side projects that you have?" However, his question wasn't answered as Julian had just got a call, presumably from someone quite important judging by his words and actions. Marcus saw him wince and heard his friend on the phone have a bit of a rant at him. While Julian was talking to his concerned friend, now known as Sai to Marcus, he took a look around once again, looking for something to occupy his mind and once every so often, looked back at Julian as he was mentioned. In addition to all of this, he seemed to know what he was doing, as Julian had said that he had seen enough Shockers to know how to fix them, though it would his first one apparently which wasn't all that bad in Marcus' mind. Marcus would have to think of some form of payment for the mans troubles to make up for the repairs.

He saw that Julian had wrapped up his call after a few more minutes of speaking on the phone and he spoke to Marcus again, offering to head over to his place as soon as he was ready. Considering that no one here would be able to fix his Shocker, Marcus nodded to Julian. "Sure, we can head over there now if you'd like, got nothing else to do today." Though as soon as went for the door, it was quickly pushed open by another individual; a young female whom clearly was android. The android stepped over quickly to Gwen but Marcus couldn't help feel as though something was wrong with her, like there was an aura that meant trouble. Humans had a way with this sort of thing; Gut feelings as it were. Gwen had greeted the android, assigning her to a chair asking what was wrong and then pointed over to Julian, referring to his skills on fixing anything mechanical.

Marcus' attention was now on the two androids, talking to one another, the conversation turned quickly, and instantly to someone called 'Hades'. A freed man apparently. The something called the 'Eyes'. He saw that Gwen obviously knew who Hades was. After a few more lines were spoken, the android turned to Marcus and Julian, eyeing them both before telling them to tag along and it wasn't a choice "Look, ma'am, whoever you ma-" At this point, he saw the Doc walking, no, striding over very quickly to the android before winding up a right hook and smashing it against the androids jaw. Jumping back a bit, attempting to back away from the now intense situation that had just unfolded. It looked to Marcus that the Doc had finally had enough with today's mess and most likely wasn't too keen on losing Gwen to the android either.

Last edited:
latest
Incoming File ...
To: ( Bang Bang Bang Bang Collidias Rex Collidias Rex )
[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:420px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #840505; overflow:hidden; background:url(http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Andrew+McCabe+Attorney+General+Loretta+Lynch+OTkCV0W4_9jl.jpg); background-size:100%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:310px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-461px; left:-10px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:25px; color:#fff; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #840505; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:8px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=textbox]
The Emperor now currently in conversation fully emerged from his chambers, his Royal trench gleaming with a hidden shine. Nodding to her response, he glanced over her shoulder with his good eye, then to her. “Tell Meredith his presence is unnecessary. Just have the Angel who is alive escort Hades to the agreed location. “ Saying no more, knowing his guard would do her job, he began his saunter down the hall.

Arriving no more than five minutes later to the empty banquet hall, it’s lights very low and decorations beginning to crumble apart. The appearance was very Old Earth, yet the haunting decrepit appearance made the room feel like a haunted house... Two echoed pairs of footsteps brought him from thought, as the Angel and Hades made their approach. The Angel looked battered, humanizing the almost robotic look of the man. Hades... Age caught up with the bastard, same as him...

Time undoes even the mightiest of creatures...” Jamie sighed, the haughtiness of his voice returning to him after a missed absence. Good start. Keep it up. His good eye flickered to the Angel, who stood stoically, awaiting orders. “You, what’s your name and rank?” Tucking his hands behind his back, he began to make his way to the Angel as he spoke. “Lieutenant Grimes, Your Excellence.” Nodding, Jamie paused only inches away from the Angel. “Well Lieutenant... I fear I must clue you in on a important subject matter of security...” Looking at the belt of the Angel, he slowly reached for the pistol that sat patiently on the belt. It’s awaiting you Jamie. Kill the man.

“When you find a cancer in any type of organization, in this case being a Empire, you must cut it out before it can spread. Do you not agree?” The Angel nodded apprehensively, allowing Jamie to continue. “Good. Now another truth I have learned with this job is this; you can’t play God without being acquainted with the Devil...” In a suddenly quick motion, Jamie pulled the gun up, closed his blind eye, and fired the gun at the Angel...

Lieutenant Grimes clutched his chest where the rounds had been fired, his eyes flickered with the last emotion they will ever display. Fear.

Blood. You’re coming back Jamie, you’re coming back... Jamie stepped back from the body, tossing the worthless gun next to its owner, then turned to Athena. “Get me a towel dear, I can’t attend the Gala a bloody mess.” Turning his attention to Hades, who had just witnessed the horror of this new breed of a man, he removed his glasses which were fogged with a dusting of blood. “Now old friend, we have some catching up to do... Tell me of the train in full detail, and your time in my care...?”

[/div][/div][/div][div class=credit]credits RI.a RI.a [/div][div class=overlay]Emperor Jamie au Olver[/div][div class=tags]Location?
@mentions here[/div]

Julian Serpentine
Location: Shadow District SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser Bang Bang Bang Bang

Julian nodded, and was going to follow Marcus out of the clinic, since Marcus said he didn't mind, but another came in before he reached it. He stepped back, letting the android through. He didn't know why they would come into a human clinic, maybe looking for the doc? He jumped slightly as the woman mentioned him, oh jeez, he hoped not. He had enough on his plate with Marcus and Saia. But the Android seemed to chew out the woman, who was nice in Julians books. He also learned that her name was Gwendolyn? Nice name.

When the Android spoke to them, Julian almost choked on air. He didn't, he ended up taking a deep breath first. Marcus started to speak, seemingly wanting to object, but was cut off, and Julian let out a small squeak of surprise that he will deny later, when the doctor come in and punched the android lady in the face. Julian was a bit confused, worried about the androids face, which he could probably fix if it was broken, as well as worried for the doc's hand since he did just punch metal. Julian took a small tentative step back, he was already hurt enough. That and he probably had to call Saia. If this android would let him. But with Docs reaction, he was worried for any outcome.

"U-uhm, can we refrain from violence please?" He finally spoke up. "I'd rather not have to fix anyone else today. I'm tired enough as it is with night shifts at work, Mild concussion. Adding to the fact that I'm going to be fixing Marcus' shocker after what would most likely be a powernap at this point..." He motioned to the male beside him. Then his phone started again, it was Saia. He sighed, backing up a bit, and answering. "Saia, I'm sorry, I'm in a bit of a situation." He started. "Are you in a fight? Are you okay?" He groaned. "Saia, I'm fine. Theres... stuff happening. I don't even know." He explained Vaguely. Saia was quiet for a moment. "I'm going into your phone. Hera's safe don't worry." And like that, the call ended, leaving him with a slight headache. "I really wish she would listen to me." He muttered, shaking his head. Now that Saia was most likely in his phone, he kept it in his hand and and brought his attention back to the situation.

latest
Incoming File ...
To: NUSKI NUSKI Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos SadSnake SadSnake SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III
RE: GLITCH

Bureau Notes: long post is long
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Some people it is wise to punch. It might shut them up, or teach them a lesson, or get them to join a glorified cult with you where you meet thrice a week to watch people punch each other and also attempt to other-throw the white-collar world in acts of terrorism. However, for some people, it is unwise to punch them.

Glitch was a member of the latter group.

Now the human who punched her was strong - too strong for a human, she thought as knuckles connected with her jaw and she actually felt pain - and clearly had experienced his fair share of fighting. She might not know of the reality behind it or the explanation, but she did know that organic material was not as strong as metal could be. She also knew that this fool had just punched the best fighter in K1SMET.

The only thing she regretted about the situation was that she could not kill him, else Gwen would never join, and Genesis would never let her hear the end of it.

Bloody, irrational, idiotic humans.

Her responding movements were concise and exact; first, she took out his legs with a well positioned hook around of her foot at the backs of the knees. Following through with a punch to the solar plexus to wind his human respiratory system. Her fist connected, but he was faster than she'd anticipated (faster than a human ought to be, too); his arms grappled about her legs and with the force of his dive, he knocked her back so that she was dowm on the floor with him. He kept going, like a man possessed, straddling up to the mount position ready to beat the ever living daylights out of her, judging by his expression. Not fancying death, Glitch was quick to trap his arm and ankle and roll them over, going in for just straight up decapitating him with the knife in her boot when someone grabbed her by the shoulders. "Get the fuck off of him, else I won't be going anywhere but the garbage with your corpse," Gwen hissed, yanking her back. She was quick to glower at Don soon after. "And you; what the fuck? Are you trying to get us all killed?" She glared at him something fierce, typical Gwen style.
"There won't be any violence if you all act sensibly," Glitch growled through her teeth, nodding in the direction of the human as she threw Gwen off of her and got to her feet. "If you're tired, one of them can carry you. I don't care, so long as you come."

She was busy enough with what was transpiring when she noticed something enter her peripheral awareness. As a combat model, Glitch had been designed to be impossible to sneak up on. She had all kinds of sensors built into her, which in all honesty made relaxing impossible, but perhaps it paid off in moments like these. Outside of the clinic, someone had stopped - they were up high; a rooftop? - and was on some kind of device with a localized scrambler, judging by the nature of the input and output of the signals which were completely encrypted, even with her abilities. That kind of technology could only mean one thing. "Shit," she hissed under her breath. Kicking the door closed with her foot, careful to keep herself braced in case the maniac of a doctor struck again, she looked between the lot of them. She'd accuse them of summoning the Secret Police, but given how all of them were illegal or preforming illegal work, there was no logic to such a choice. Were they that irrational?

No. She'd been careless. She should have worn better obfuscation gear to disguise her identity, but with the shadow districts being what they were and the celebrations on, she'd anticipated the SP to be designated elsewhere for the day. That was exactly why they were doing all this now... dammit. "We're being watched. Secret Police. I don't know if they're watching for you or for me, but either way, it seems we've caught their attention."
"And you know this how?"
"Feel free to check out the window. Do it subtly; rooftop, north-west."

Complying, however suspiciously, Gwen kept one eye on two who'd been scrapping, whilst the other she used to guide her over to the window and risk a glance out. It was her turn to swear. "You led them here."
"Maybe, maybe not. You're not exactly model citizens here either."
"And I suppose this means we have no choice but to go with you?" Gwen guessed, no longer sizing Glitch up for a fight quite so obviously.
"Go out that door, you'll no doubt be interrogated. The price for failing to apprehend an android is re-education. Failing to apprehend a terrorist? Best cause scenario, they'll repurpose you. Or, rather than waiting like sitting ducks here, we can take the back door and you all come with me to somewhere that even the Secret Police is unaware of." The anger going out of her voice for a moment, Glitch said, "I'm not you're enemy here— for any of you. It's exactly this kind of thing we want to get rid of."

Averting her gaze to the human doctor, Gwen didn't answer for a long minute. Crouching to his new level, she looked at him steadily and said, "I don't think we have a choice in this one. Sorry for bringing this shit in here, Don. I'll... buy you a beer or something to make up for it. But right now, I really don't want you getting killed and making this day even worse, by her or by them." She gestured to the window, where far off, someone was most definitely watching them.

Tsking at how unpleasant such a display of emotion was towards a meatsack, Glitch waited for the Doc's answer before stepping out of a ready position. She didn't trust him. She didn't trust any of them.

But right now, she didn't have much of a choice.

One deeply uncomfortable journey later
The route they'd taken had been rushed down back passages and maintenance shafts, unpleasant to say the least, but they had the advantage of being sheltered from any more curious members of the police. Now, Glitch led the newcomers down into the passageways of the abandoned spacecraft hidden away. Her fingers she kept tightly pressed to the handle of her gun; she'd expected one of them to make a run for it by now, and in all honesty, she was just waiting for an excuse to kill one of the extras. When she came to the first door where the seals still worked, she pressed the comm button, hoping one of the others was still in. "Genesis? I have Gwen with me, along with the company she keeps."

Last edited:
latest
Incoming File ...
To: Bang Bang Bang Bang
RE: MR.EYE

Bureau Notes: REEEEEE
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
arima_by_mrze1598-d9smqqb.png

What an interesting way to interrogate him.

It seemed they were trying the classic 'Good cop, bad cop' routine. But honestly, that only worked on people who were either nervous, or had something to hide.

Eye's expression turned from disinterest to amusement as the two struggled to hide the hurt they felt from his words, and it only increased when Mr. Hand had considered his counterpart useless. "Mm.." He could only hum to himself, even as Mr. Hand sat down and retrieved the rather nostalgic looking notebook and pen. "How have things been here? Mm..I forget you two spend most of your time doing..whatever you two do. I'll humor you. Things here are a tad bit of a mess." He took a small sip of his coffee, and then set it back down on his desk. "When you ask about attitude toward the Bureau Mr. Hand are you referring to me or the public?" He rose an eyebrow, giving them a look that just screamed 'unimpressed'.

"My feelings haven't changed since I've been assigned to this position. I'm still quite loyal. The public...their outlook on us has changed. People who would walk on the other side of one of the large walk ways to avoid us, or pretend that we didn't exist simply give us stares. I believe some of us have lost our touch. The Secret Police have accomplished little, even with my assistance. Some are nothing more than glorified cretins with a badge and a nice salary." Eye could only let out an amused chuckle at that, studying Mr. White as they wandered his office.

"Mr. White, it's rude to interrupt when the adults are talking. It's best to make yourself scarce. Or at least be less obvious with your passive aggressive tone." Eye's tone made it sound as if he didn't see White as their equal, talking much like a disappointed father would to a child. It was quick to change back to a more professional tone as he turned his back to Mr. Hand, giving them a small smile before continuing. "The public outlook on androids hasn't changed. Many either shelter them, only to be eventually caught. Others are just as read to take up arms against them, and remove the guerrilla factions. My personal feelings on the matter are of little importance. I think we both know how the Bureau feels."

With that, Mr. Eye stood up from his seat. "Any more questions? Anything you'd like for me to say before I make my way down to Mr. Rib? Ah..I'll be sure to share what you said about my counterpart, Mr. Hand. I'm sure he'll be very appreciative of the feedback of his handiwork."

latest
Incoming File ...
To: Mykinkaiser Mykinkaiser
RE: Anne

Bureau notes: All the moonmen want things their way
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified
Anne slowly regained cousciousness, barely able to hear Tekto mention furries. Why would he....? Gah, it didn't matter. She opened her eyes and sat herself up. "Urk.. ma tête..." They were back on earth, right? If she wasn't on 0G. But a look around convinced her otherwise. She was still in space. And on a ship.

Her gears already started turning to try to explain how this was possible- They couldn't have gotten enough mass to mimic the earth, could they? The logical explanation was that they had strengthened the graviton field so that a smaller mass was able to attract things more- But... how was that possible? "vous devez- I mean.. you gotta explain to me how this works! I need to take a look at the thing that creates gravity on here...Or is the floor just magnetised? Doesn't feel like it.."

She groaned and stood up, staggering slightly as she looked at Tekto and the stranger. "I, uhm...I'm Anne..sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier- But you've got to explain how this works! This is madness- How long did it take to develop this technology?" The astronaut took a few seconds to analyze the weird feeling what she said herself gave her. "...how long have be been asleep?" That was a good question. She couldn't imagine being able to do something like this in a hundred, or moreso, three hundred years- How the hell did they do it? Anne needed to figure it out, or it was going to bug her until the end of days.

Last edited:
latest
Incoming File ...
To: ReverseTex ReverseTex
RE: Wilhelm / Athena

Bureau Notes: Four's a crowd, I suppose.
LORE | CHARACTERS

Classified

• The man left to escort Wilhelm was barely fit to walk, let alone guard a prisoner, yet the Angel adorned in ramshackle armor pushed onward, spurred by some mysterious motivator. Maybe it was raw force of will surging through his veins, or perhaps his mindless devotion to his dear Emperor was enough to numb the pain. Whatever the reason, he staggered along behind Wilhelm like a zombie clinging to its last dregs of consciousness.

The human mind and its dominance over the frailty of its body was ... quite an impressive phenomena.

And it was a ludicrous thought, but as Wilhelm was marched into the grand hall of the Imperial palace he couldn't help but feel ... under-dressed in his prison jumpsuit. The second thing he noticed were the two figures in the middle of the room, a pair of white-clad sentinels standing in the dim, dead silence of the hall.

It was only rational to expect Jamie himself to be one of the individuals, but Wilhelm found himself struggling to match the decaying gentleman before him with the face he knew.

“Time undoes even the mightiest of creatures...”

The sound of Jamie's voice was surreal, but Wilhelm maintained an even expression. Whatever had happened to the upstart he once knew? Whatever happened to Jamie the snide, Jamie the abrasive? Wilhelm had long considered Jamie a boy for all intents and purposes, even when he took the throne - but the individual before him was far to weary and tired to be anything less than a man. Oh, it looked like he'd gone to lengths to hide his age, of course, but it showed on his face.

It occurred to Wilhelm that Jamie's statement wasn't necessarily directed at him, but perhaps at the two of them.

Wilhelm had implemented process to prolong his youth in his mid thirties through an carefully-crafted regiment of physical and mental exercises - not without the aid of a mod or two - but that progress had slowly unwound during his confinement in Jamie's camps. As for Jamie - Wilhelm assumed the Emperor of the citadel would be at no lack of resources when it concerned prolonging his own life.

"You, what’s your name and rank?”

The Emperor's attention turned to Wilhelm's escort. Wilhelm turned to watch for a moment, but something else caught his eye in but a moment, and something set off warning bells.

The second individual was presumably a guard of some sort, by virtue of her armaments and by the way she followed behind the Emperor's movements. But as she hovered behind Jamie's back, Wilhelm noticed, peculiarly, that her attention was not on the Emperor. It was on him. An old, unarmed man in a dirty prison jumpsuit. Perhaps it was mere caution or suspicion, but in the way she walked, the slow roll of her shoulders ... she was focused on him. Her actions themselves didn't bother him so much, but he found himself curious. More than that, she looked familiar, though he couldn't place his finger on it.

One thing was for certain, she didn't look friendly.

“Lieutenant Grimes, Your Excellence.”

The Angel had found it in himself to speak, it seemed. Wilhelm fixed his attention again on Jamie as the man marched unhindered into the Angel's personal space.

“Well Lieutenant... I fear I must clue you in on a important subject matter of security...”

Wilhelm's gaze snapped to the Angel's belt as Jamie reached for the holstered pistol. What was happening? Surely the Emperor didn't drag Wilhelm all the way to the palace just to put a bullet in his head a moment later?

“When you find a cancer in any type of organization, in this case being a Empire, you must cut it out before it can spread. Do you not agree?"

His eyes danced in their sockets as he searched for an escape, but he forced them shut. No. No point. He wouldn't make it far. The guard looked as if she was just waiting for an excuse to put a bullet in him.

"Good. Now another truth I have learned with this job is this;"

Wilhelm opened his eyes again. Jamie's attention was still fixed on the Angel, his posture firmly rooted toward the boy.

"-you can’t play God without being acquainted with the Devil...”

The sound of a gunshot was a fascinating sound, like a crack and a boom mashed into a single ugly, reverberating sound. He closed his eyes in anticipation of the moment, opening them as the sound shook past and turning them to the collapsed Angel. As the pistol landed next to the dying man, Jamie took a step back and turned to his guard, who seemed to have moved closer at the sound of the gunshot.

“Get me a towel dear, I can’t attend the Gala a bloody mess.”

Of course the Emperor cared for his suit more than the man in his employ. Of course the old Jamie was still in there.

The guard nodded abruptly, and raced away in some direction, arbitrarily as far as Wilhelm was aware. And in but a matter of seconds, a small group had been suddenly reduced to a duo: Wilhelm au Descatres and Jamie au Olver. A washed-rebel and the Emperor of the citadel.

“Now old friend, we have some catching up to do..." Jamie removed his glasses, and Wilhelm swore the man's eyes grew darker and sharper. "Tell me of the train in full detail, and your time in my care...?”

He paused for a second, considered his words.

"Old 'friend'," he droned, echoing Jamie's words, "that's not the greeting I expected. But it's preferable to the greeting that the other guy got."
    He stopped to pointedly cast a glance at the dying Angel.

"'Care' isn't the word I would use to describe it, but it's a fascinating system. I wrote a thesis on similar techniques many decades ago. I wondered if you'd used my paper to create your camps. You've always been remarkably talented at bastardizing and re-purposing everything I once owned. Your joybars. The Purge. Even my campaign for android freedoms became your goddamn propaganda machine."

He almost formed a shallow smirk, but thought better of himself.

"I won't beat around the bush. If you want to sling mud and gloat, it can come another time. I want to get to the heart of the matter. Why I didn't escape with the others. I assume you're aware of the situation. It certainly wasn't a plan of my devising" He set his shoulders back and lifted his chin a fraction. "I didn't go with them because the android 'rebellion' is dead. The remnants are just that - remnants. Kicking and screaming as they slowly die, taking down any humans they can as they go down - whether they realize it or not. It would be cruel to allow them to continue on their current path. The rebellion is a sick dog and must be put down."

He shut his eyes tight and exhaled through his nose. He'd had doubt, he's second-guessed himself numerous times and backtracked, but every time he'd returned to the same conclusion. The rebellion was a lost cause, and it was only going to cause more suffering than good at this stage. He inhaled, held the breath, and forced the words out.

"I want to kill all remaining androids. And that's only possible with your resources and support."

latest
Incoming File ...
To: ( Bang Bang Bang Bang Collidias Rex Collidias Rex )
[div class=textbox]
That was splendid Jamie. Killing the useless vesicle, then sending you guard out. You can't trust anyone....

The Emperor stood silently, removing a handkerchief from some unnoticeable pocket within his trench, and began to gently wipe his glasses. As his good eye concentrated upon the task at hand, its milky counterpart kept a blinded gaze on Wilhelm... Ignoring most of the unnecessary retorts about plagiarism, he focused solely on the back half of the man's retort....

"The rebellion is a sick dog and must be put down. "

Jamie's expression stayed monotone, however his mind was gleaming in curiosity. Play your cards safe Jamie, we don't need him knowing to much about our interests. But don't make it seem like we don't care. I'll hush up for now... Taking note of the voice, he looked up from his methodical cleaning. "I digress...You know we're a lot alike, you and I. We started out the same, then fate took its course on both of our lives. You craved the sweet power I once so desperately desired, and now I find it a bitter plague... It's truly ironic." Scoffing momentarily at it, he continued. "Nevertheless, our once shared industry of pleasure taught me one thing. Never start something you’re not willing to finish. And if you’re getting fucked either way, go with the lucrative version..."

"But, we humans are alone in this world for a reason. We murdered and butchered anything that challenged our primacy... A man like you can surely agree with that fact just as I can, which is why our common interests are beneficial in this current political climate." Sliding his glasses upon his face, still lightly dusted with smeared blood, he turned full attention to Wilhelm. "If this partnership can serve us temporary fidelity, I will make sure you have a comfortable seclusive life in the Citadel, along with all the resources you need... It appears fate is once again taking it's course, its a matter of what you choose now..."

@mentions here[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back