• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Eldriath

[class=SEBox]width:75%;height:auto;min-height:250px;border: 5px solid #ffffff;margin:auto;margin-top:80px;position:relative;padding:5px;padding-top:25px;padding-bottom:10px;[/class] [class=SETri]width:0;height:0;border-style:solid;border-width: 0 0 255px 255px;position:relative;margin-top:-94px;margin-left:-85px;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/class] [class=SETri2]height:348px;width:348px;position:relative;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transform:rotate(45deg);-moz-transform:rotate(45deg);transform:rotate(45deg);top:80px;margin-left:-175px;[/class] [class=SEAvi]height:100%;width:100%;position:relative;-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-moz-transform: rotate(45deg);transform: rotate(45deg);display:block;position:absolute;left:-72%;[/class] [class=SEAvi2]height:100%;width:100%;-webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg);-moz-transform: rotate(-90deg);transform: rotate(-90deg);[/class] [class=SEName]width:auto;height:26px;position:absolute;top:-3px;right:0px;text-align:right;border-bottom:solid 3px;padding:8px;margin-right:-5px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=SEBox]background:#333333;border-color:#7b33af;color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;line-height:18px;[/class] [class name=SETri]border-color:transparent transparent #7b33af transparent;pointer-events:none;[/class] [class name=SEAvi2]background:url(https://i.postimg.cc/zD7Wc7SK/Triangle.png);background-size:cover;[/class] [class name=SEName]color:#000000;border-bottom-color:#7b33af;text-shadow: -4px 4px rgba(179,179,179,.4), -3px 3px rgba(153,153,153,.2), -2px 2px rgba(179,179,179,.2), -1px 1px rgba(179,179,179,.2), 0px 0px rgba(128,128,128,.5), 1px -1px rgba(77,77,77,.6), 2px -2px rgba(77,77,77,.7), 3px -3px rgba(82,82,82,.8), 4px -4px rgba(77,77,77,.9), 5px -5px rgba(77,77,77,1);border-bottom-color:#7b33af;font-size:30px;line-height:43px;[/class] [div class=SEBox][div class=SEName]Isabella Montenari[/div][div class=SETri][div class=SETri2][div class=SEAvi][div class=SEAvi2][/div][/div][/div][/div][div class=Credit]Created by @IdyllicDreamer[/div]
Today had been a good day, a hectic day, with so many different things happening. Today was the day Isabella had been able to join Eldriath Academy, in what was considered a highly irregular event. After all most joined the academy as a child, they spent a portion of their lives growing up within its halls. They knew each other, learned together, and typically graduated together at a certain point. She wasn't exactly a child anymore though, far older than a typical new student, with far more to catch up on. Preparations had started months prior, when the idea of her enrollment had first been suggested. An almost necessary step, as her magic grew more unpredictable over the years. She needed to learn control, how to manage it all properly. This was the place to do it at, and today was the day she finally arrived.

It had all started with a tour of the castle earlier that morning, lead by Professor Caius Arvaile. Meeting him would be the last time she saw her guardian for the year, the point in which she returned home and left Isabella to this new life. She had been placed in Aethalier, a house which featured others with psionic aptitude. The rooms were typically private, the inner walls lined to grant safe nights sleep for those burdened by the thoughts or presence of others. Coupled with that the rooms were typically smaller, enough room for a single person to enjoy the year. It was plenty for Isabella right now, enough space for the things she had brought.

With how much had happened throughout the day one might have expected her to fall into bed when it all ended, to have been ready for a new day of proper classes and the likes. Most wouldn't have expected her to already be breaking the rules, out of her room well after curfew. Sitting in a tree in the courtyard, sketchbook awkwardly in her lap, as she worked on drawing out the fountain in the center. A gift centuries ago from one of the founder to another of them, a touching memento that survived to this day. Featuring the elegant form of a unicorn, which had been that founders favorite creature.

Isabella simply couldn't sleep, which usually meant she wanted to draw something. Or, more specifically, sketch something, as very few of her drawings ever actually ended up finished. Flitting from one thing to another, like a hummingbird between flowers. Tonight, fortunately, was a simple enough project, just the fountain itself. Once it was done she would probably be able to get some sleep, using it to wind herself down.

Unfortunately if she didn't do something she was more than likely going to end up caught. The untamed nature of her gift meant she had no idea how to actually mask it, making her presence stand out like a beacon to anyone watching for someone breaking the rules.
[/div]

Last edited:
[class name=Header] max-width: 500px; height: 100px; margin: auto; display: flex; flex-direction: column; background-image: url(https://wallpaperplay.com/walls/full/6/8/d/29954.jpg); background-size: 100%; background-position: center center; background-attachment: fixed; text-align: center; padding: 10px; [/class] [class name=Container] max-width: 500px; height: 300px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; text-align: center; [/class] [class name=Textbox] width: 100%; height: 95%; padding: 11px; overflow-y: scroll; display: flex; flex-direction: column; [/class] [class name=Heading] display: inline; font-size: 20pt; font-family: Timelord; letter-spacing: .5em; [/class] [class name=Text] display: inline; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Georgia; [/class]

[div class=Header]
[div class=Heading]Caius Kai Arvaile Jr.[/div]
[/div][div class=Container][div class=Textbox][div class=Text]
Stars littered the sky that night. They flickered and sparkled, mocking mortals below who gazed up above. The moon, in a phase of rebirth, was nowhere to be seen. The lonely lamp was its replacement. Stood awkwardly along the path, in which the flamboyant Cauis Kai Arvail Jr. walked across.

Hair ruffled, fingers sore from class. The daytime never offered him a proper time to read, he sought for it often, a daily necessity if he was going to prevent himself from wandering into the peasant role of a clueless sheep, in which the rest of humanity deserved the title of.

5612813ad9db34150711b5a540a29aae.jpg
Henceforth his presence in the misty air of the courtyard, walking graciously whilst reading his book. He had been so engrossed in the chapter he nearly failed to look up. Just the glimpse of another figure in the distance and he nearly called upon magic to his aid.

However, it was her eyes that stopped him. The familiar curls that he had seen this morning alerting him. His lips drew into a line.

Father wouldn’t shut up about her the night before. That Kai was to ‘befriend her’, ‘grow close to her’, ‘Gain. Her. Trust’. It was almost as if he was trying to verbally brand the words into Kai’s brain with a branding iron. The last time he had seen his father so manic and painstakingly meticulous over something, was when he returned with his mother, in which Kai recalled his phrase: ‘That no one could ‘ever’ know’.

Despite his father’s words, Kai hadn’t planned on meeting her till another few days had passed. On his own terms. When he ‘felt’ like it. But it seemed the universe had a funny way of working, and here she was, sat perfectly at his disposal to begin fulfilling his father’s wishes.

He twitched in annoyance.

Kai reasserted he was doing this for his mother. To help her. To keep her here. Yes. That reason sufficed.

Placing his key card between the pages of his book, he shut the hardcover, before edging closer. He would’ve rather not get grass stains on the brown leather of his ankle boots, although he would sacrifice tonight. Only mildly suffocating the grass as he stepped lightly on the patch of sod that surrounded her.

“The perfect hour for philosophical thought, don’t you think?” He greeted with a playful air. The fact it was just the two of them and not a sea of people a delectable factor.

“I hope I’m not too much of a bother to an artist at work. But only a few bare the darkness with their presence at this hour. Label me curious.” He reached her position near the tree. A ghostly smile would make its ever so rare appearance. He put out a hand for to her to shake. “The names Kai.”
[/div][/div][/div]

[class=SEBox]width:75%;height:auto;min-height:250px;border: 5px solid #ffffff;margin:auto;margin-top:80px;position:relative;padding:5px;padding-top:25px;padding-bottom:10px;[/class] [class=SETri]width:0;height:0;border-style:solid;border-width: 0 0 255px 255px;position:relative;margin-top:-94px;margin-left:-85px;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/class] [class=SETri2]height:348px;width:348px;position:relative;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transform:rotate(45deg);-moz-transform:rotate(45deg);transform:rotate(45deg);top:80px;margin-left:-175px;[/class] [class=SEAvi]height:100%;width:100%;position:relative;-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-moz-transform: rotate(45deg);transform: rotate(45deg);display:block;position:absolute;left:-72%;[/class] [class=SEAvi2]height:100%;width:100%;-webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg);-moz-transform: rotate(-90deg);transform: rotate(-90deg);[/class] [class=SEName]width:auto;height:26px;position:absolute;top:-3px;right:0px;text-align:right;border-bottom:solid 3px;padding:8px;margin-right:-5px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=SEBox]background:#333333;border-color:#7b33af;color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;line-height:18px;[/class] [class name=SETri]border-color:transparent transparent #7b33af transparent;pointer-events:none;[/class] [class name=SEAvi2]background:url(https://i.postimg.cc/zD7Wc7SK/Triangle.png);background-size:cover;[/class] [class name=SEName]color:#000000;border-bottom-color:#7b33af;text-shadow: -4px 4px rgba(179,179,179,.4), -3px 3px rgba(153,153,153,.2), -2px 2px rgba(179,179,179,.2), -1px 1px rgba(179,179,179,.2), 0px 0px rgba(128,128,128,.5), 1px -1px rgba(77,77,77,.6), 2px -2px rgba(77,77,77,.7), 3px -3px rgba(82,82,82,.8), 4px -4px rgba(77,77,77,.9), 5px -5px rgba(77,77,77,1);border-bottom-color:#7b33af;font-size:30px;line-height:43px;[/class] [div class=SEBox][div class=SEName]Isabella Montenari[/div][div class=SETri][div class=SETri2][div class=SEAvi][div class=SEAvi2][/div][/div][/div][/div][div class=Credit]Created by @IdyllicDreamer[/div]
If anything was clear in the first moments he had started speaking, it would be how intensely focused Isabella had been in her work. The girls body jerking slightly in surprise, of all things, when his voice cut through her scattered thoughts. Forcibly dragging her back to the realms of reality, back to the night. The movement she had made resulted in a deep gash of the pencil across the surface, the lead snapping, and leaving an irreparable mark upon the unfinished piece. Well, at least without the use of magic. Magic she wasn't familiar enough with to cast. Yet, still, she didn't appear to be too upset about it all, very calm about the fact that her work was ruined.

Instead her attention would fix onto him, scanning him in a way as she looked upwards to his face. A slow blink as if it only just dawned on her in that moment that it had been a person to interrupt her, to surprise her so. Head cocking just the slightest as she seemed to... assess something about him, before a smile light across her face. Seemingly pleased for some unknown reason, at least to any outsiders. Soon enough her eyes would drift from his face, towards that offered hand though. After a moment of thought she would reach out to take it, a light grip following an almost awkward shake.

"Isn't it funny that people decided to shake hands, as a way of saying hello? You're the ninth person who wished to shake mine today!" Isabella started, speaking as if it were the strangest thing in the world. Handshakes, an entirely foreign concept. Which, given the fact that Eldriath itself was an international school, wouldn't be too unusual. Kai, personally, might have heard from his father that Isabella herself had been raised on the dragon isles, where obviously handshakes would be uncommon. He also may have known that, for all intents and purposes, Isabella belonged to one of the dragons there. Which dragon, exactly, was a mystery.

"I'm Isabella~! Nice to meet you, Kai." Her personal introduction would be the only point in her speaking where she made it clear that she had actually noticed he spoke at all.

She wasn't scatterbrained at all.
[/div]

Last edited:

Caius Kai Arvaile Jr.

The split of her led triggered a falter in his smile. Lips nearly giving out at the sight of the laceration across her piece of work. A great amount of exertion kept his smile in place. Although her rather silly comment on handshakes somewhat helped him out, he’d rather not admit that however.

“Oh is that so?” Kai’s skull tilted curiously.”Well, I guess handshaking was used as a form of a peace offering back in the old days. An equivalent to dogs sniffing each other's bottoms if you asked me.” He said while portraying a friendly chuckle. “Hmm… maybe in the future will no longer need to shake hands as a sign of trust. It could be that we become so advanced that maybe… will just know…” Kai commented with an unforced glint in his eyes.

“Now please do tell.” He collapsed elegantly into a cross-legged sit in front of her. Book still in hand. “What were you drawing that I now so disastrously ruined. I do apologize about that. I should be more careful about how I approach people in the dark.” His eyes glanced down at the artwork in her hands before irises of a hazel shade lifted to hers.

Listening to his explanation about the handshakes, something no one had really bothered with before when she questioned the practice, she couldn't help but giggle at the analogy to dogs. That one she knew as well, though she had never owned a dog, they weren't native to the dragon isles and they... were usually nervous around said dragons, as most common beasts were. Which meant pets were kind of off the table, except for a select few that might have worked...

"So, does that mean, you just invited me to sniff your butt? Because no thank you, and you can't sniff mine." Her tone had hardly changed from her prior curiosity, to her introduction, even following through to her odd question here. Which would make it very hard to tell if she was actually joking or not, though the giggle might have suggested she was. Shifting a little closer to him following that, showing the ruined page of the sketch she was in the middle of. The shape was still rough, simple, unrefined. She rarely ever bothered to refine them though.

"I learned about the founders today when I got here. I wanted to go draw the ballroom, but that wouldn't work so I came to draw the fountain. It sounded so sweet, Valorein dedicating the fountain to his sister, the unicorn modeled after her best friend. I can practically see them standing there when it was unveiled!" There were, in fact, two humanoid shapes in the picture, one leading the other out, his hands covering her eyes along the way. Trying not to step on her dress, and cause either of them to trip... For a moment, as she spoke, Isabella almost seemed to be off in her other world again.

"And I guess since you helped me ruin it you can help make it up to me!" Though the brunette wouldn't specify how he could help her.
[/div]

Last edited:

Caius Kai Arvaile Jr.

He couldn’t help the grin that displayed itself on his features. He was amused, maybe a tad surprised by her dry humour. “What a shame.” He countered sarcastically to her butt sniffing comment.

His gaze then again returned to her drawing as she described it to him. Knowledgable of the story, her creation seemed to display the same enthusiasm she expressed. The man was a prideful being, but Kai was able to give credit where it was due. She had a knack for drawing he believed.

Kai’s eyes then flickered back to her again, with a risen brow. “You want me to take you to the ballroom?” He tried to guess.

At his suggestion the brunette would just pause for a moment, just blinking airily as if she hadn't even considered that notion, going to the ballroom. As if she were surprised, in fact, that he would even suggest it. As if she hadn't, for one moment, even considered the ballroom. Even if she had just been the one to mention it. "Oh, no, not at all! I couldn't go to the ballroom, not tonight, if I went there I wouldn't ever sleep! What with the-uhhh, errrr..." The brunette would trail off, tearing out a page of her sketchbook instead of finishing that thought.

The ballroom was the heart of the Hall of Melodies, Aethalier's favorite room in the entire school. When she had been alive there almost always seemed to be music coming from that room, that which she created and enjoyed. Some time after her death it had been a shock when the music continued, the music was never constant instead it came and went much like the tide. It would echo outside of the ballroom, the hauntingly beautiful sound a thing that still remained to this day, and some people had claimed to even see her inside the hall dancing away. The reports of this were few and far between, though. No one had been able to actually contact her spirit within the room.

"Nope, I wanted you to sit right over there with your book! Trying to redirect from a near slip Isabella would point towards the fountain itself, pencil already ready to go again. Her 'request' was instead to have him pose for her, not that she would outright say that!
[/div]

Last edited:

Caius Kai Arvaile Jr.

Kai looked up curiously upon noting her shift in expression, he pondered at what he said that may have caused that sort of reaction. She was like puzzle work, everyone was, and Kai was curious enough to try and fit the pieces together, only to lose interest when they prove invaluable.

Eventually, she answered his thoughts. 'Ahh... makes sense now.'

The male brushed a hand through raven strands as he thought about it. He never understood why everyone was so fearful of the ballroom. Isabella obviously hadn't admitted to that, but Kai had more or less witnessed a majority of students fearing the ballroom, despite a few reckless individuals... he, therefore, placed Isabella in the former category.

However, her actual request seemed to spark a bit of concern. It was oddly vague and too enthusiastic to his liking. Kai's features displayed his confusion with narrowed brows and a tilt of his head, studying her. "Mind telling me why." He offered with casually as he slowly took a stand, complying with her request.

It wasn't that the male didn't want to upset her. He could do that in a flash, as he's realized over the years. But rather his objective seemed to involve getting her to 'like' him. He trudged over to the fountain, doing as she asked.

[class=SEBox]width:75%;height:auto;min-height:250px;border: 5px solid #ffffff;margin:auto;margin-top:80px;position:relative;padding:5px;padding-top:25px;padding-bottom:10px;[/class] [class=SETri]width:0;height:0;border-style:solid;border-width: 0 0 255px 255px;position:relative;margin-top:-94px;margin-left:-85px;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/class] [class=SETri2]height:348px;width:348px;position:relative;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transform:rotate(45deg);-moz-transform:rotate(45deg);transform:rotate(45deg);top:80px;margin-left:-175px;[/class] [class=SEAvi]height:100%;width:100%;position:relative;-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-moz-transform: rotate(45deg);transform: rotate(45deg);display:block;position:absolute;left:-72%;[/class] [class=SEAvi2]height:100%;width:100%;-webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg);-moz-transform: rotate(-90deg);transform: rotate(-90deg);[/class] [class=SEName]width:auto;height:26px;position:absolute;top:-3px;right:0px;text-align:right;border-bottom:solid 3px;padding:8px;margin-right:-5px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=SEBox]background:#333333;border-color:#7b33af;color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;line-height:18px;[/class] [class name=SETri]border-color:transparent transparent #7b33af transparent;pointer-events:none;[/class] [class name=SEAvi2]background:url(https://i.postimg.cc/zD7Wc7SK/Triangle.png);background-size:cover;[/class] [class name=SEName]color:#000000;border-bottom-color:#7b33af;text-shadow: -4px 4px rgba(179,179,179,.4), -3px 3px rgba(153,153,153,.2), -2px 2px rgba(179,179,179,.2), -1px 1px rgba(179,179,179,.2), 0px 0px rgba(128,128,128,.5), 1px -1px rgba(77,77,77,.6), 2px -2px rgba(77,77,77,.7), 3px -3px rgba(82,82,82,.8), 4px -4px rgba(77,77,77,.9), 5px -5px rgba(77,77,77,1);border-bottom-color:#7b33af;font-size:30px;line-height:43px;[/class][div class=SEBox][div class=SEName]Isabella Montenari[/div][div class=SETri][div class=SETri2][div class=SEAvi][div class=SEAvi2][/div][/div][/div][/div][div class=Credit]Created by @IdyllicDreamer[/div]
Anyone who knew Isabella wouldn't find it strange as she neglected to answer his question, as she instead simply watched as he moved over to the fountain with his book. It would almost seem like she hadn't even heard the question, as if it had simply flown from one ear to the other without ever crossing her mind. A near oblivious smile, before she went about making sure everything was setup, 'prepared'. The pencil sharp once more, her sketchbook on a clean page. She was certainly ready now for her plan here, whatever that plan might have been.

"Having someone posing can be so much better than doing it from memory!" She would finally answer, as lead touched paper and the girl would begin working on it. Though her choice of wording was strange, considering she wasn't drawing anything from memory, it was something that she had 'imagined' from a piece of history about this place. Or, at least, she hadn't been drawing anything from memory before, by anyone's typical definition of it anyways. A memory that hasn't happened yet?

She wouldn't have the chance to do so right now though, as it wouldn't be much longer before one of the runic creations would come sweeping through the courtyard. One a typical nightly patrol of the grounds to catch anyone breaking the rules. A series of 'things' made alive by magical runes inscribed on bodies made of materials. All were harmless to the students and staff, really, they simply had a task of patrolling.

Isabella knew nothing about that though, nothing about them in any regard. Unaware that she would end up completely giving them away as she was, with so much energy just casually flickering around her. Like a candle, with a wick that just wouldn't get smaller no matter how much wax had burned away.
[/div]

Caius Kai Arvaile Jr.

Kai glimpsed sceptically at the brunet. His eyes narrowing in confusion, trying to decipher what she was up to, why she was asking him to be by the fountain. His body was getting twitchy. Mind: Concerned. Kai knew well it was not just them mindlessly sitting in the courtyard, course with a curfew, the school made it a note to have night patrols wandering through the building and its grounds. They did their job well. But Kai did it better.

Course... not when he was distracted.

Her words infiltrated his mind. A brow rose as he seemed to understand. She was drawing him. For once... Kai didn't know what to think. No one's ever really done that before. Was he flattered?

The embarrassment was flushed out of his system quickly. He darted a glance at his watch. "Shit." He should've been out of this part of the yard by now, and could vaguely see in the distance the runic creature nearing. His gaze flickered to her warily. His instinct told him to flee on his own, he knew exactly where he needed to go to avoid it, and the girl would only be a liability... right?

'Ugh'

Swift and quick in his movements he drifted over to her side. "Up." He snapped in a whisper. He gripped her wrist, pulling her to a stand. "Come on. Or they'll see us." Already small black clouds rolled beneath and round his feet, intensifying as instinct kicked in. As long as the patrol didn't see them, they would be fine of course, they just had to stay out of its line of sight, hence him moving in the opposite direction.

By now his magic should've shrouded them in a shadow. It hadn't. He snapped back to look at her, then down at his feet, and then back at her. He made the connection quickly. "Turn that off." He hissed. Kai referring to the bright lights the glistened around her, whatever it was, it was preventing him from hiding them. "Now."

[class=SEBox]width:75%;height:auto;min-height:250px;border: 5px solid #ffffff;margin:auto;margin-top:80px;position:relative;padding:5px;padding-top:25px;padding-bottom:10px;[/class] [class=SETri]width:0;height:0;border-style:solid;border-width: 0 0 255px 255px;position:relative;margin-top:-94px;margin-left:-85px;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/class] [class=SETri2]height:348px;width:348px;position:relative;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transform:rotate(45deg);-moz-transform:rotate(45deg);transform:rotate(45deg);top:80px;margin-left:-175px;[/class] [class=SEAvi]height:100%;width:100%;position:relative;-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-moz-transform: rotate(45deg);transform: rotate(45deg);display:block;position:absolute;left:-72%;[/class] [class=SEAvi2]height:100%;width:100%;-webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg);-moz-transform: rotate(-90deg);transform: rotate(-90deg);[/class] [class=SEName]width:auto;height:26px;position:absolute;top:-3px;right:0px;text-align:right;border-bottom:solid 3px;padding:8px;margin-right:-5px;[/class] [class=Credit]font-size:8px;position:absolute;bottom:0;right:1px;[/class] [class name=SEBox]background:#333333;border-color:#7b33af;color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;line-height:18px;[/class] [class name=SETri]border-color:transparent transparent #7b33af transparent;pointer-events:none;[/class] [class name=SEAvi2]background:url(https://i.postimg.cc/zD7Wc7SK/Triangle.png);background-size:cover;[/class] [class name=SEName]color:#000000;border-bottom-color:#7b33af;text-shadow: -4px 4px rgba(179,179,179,.4), -3px 3px rgba(153,153,153,.2), -2px 2px rgba(179,179,179,.2), -1px 1px rgba(179,179,179,.2), 0px 0px rgba(128,128,128,.5), 1px -1px rgba(77,77,77,.6), 2px -2px rgba(77,77,77,.7), 3px -3px rgba(82,82,82,.8), 4px -4px rgba(77,77,77,.9), 5px -5px rgba(77,77,77,1);border-bottom-color:#7b33af;font-size:30px;line-height:43px;[/class][div class=SEBox][div class=SEName]Isabella Montenari[/div][div class=SETri][div class=SETri2][div class=SEAvi][div class=SEAvi2][/div][/div][/div][/div][div class=Credit]Created by @IdyllicDreamer[/div]
The drawing this time was hardly anything, just the basic building 'blocks' of a body on the paper, a simple thing that would build into the way he was sitting, curved lines, straight lines, merging into each other. That would stop for a moment though when he swore, silver eyes leaving the page as she looked up at him, trying to discern there what had caused that. Was there a problem? She couldn't see one, still being new here, unaware of the things that came out at night. What was important about the time, his watch?

Isabella was just about ready to question him on it when he stood, breaking the pose more than he already had and coming over to her. She wouldn't argue, or resist, in the slightest as he pulled her up. Looking all the more confused until he mentioned something about being seen. That was a problem? Glancing back for a moment towards the runic sphere that roamed the grounds at night, one of them anyways. That was the problem? He grabbed at her attention again though when he spoke, looking away from the sphere towards him in confusion.

"Turn what off?" The brunette questioned as she looked over herself, her magical aura something she was accustomed to, hardly noticing it anymore. Those powers swirling around in her mostly too great for her body to contain, seeping out almost at times. Undetectable to anyone without magical insight. While she didn't notice it anymore she did notice his attempt to cover it, them, up at the moment. Eyebrows furrowing for a moment as she connected those dots herself.

"I can't control it, or much really. That's why I'm here I don't know how to control my powers." She admitted, giving him a far more straight answer than she had anyone else today. Perhaps it was simply because he was 'distressed' at the moment, or the fact that they were running from something and it was 'fun'. There were so many reasons she could have had for doing this.
[/div]

Last edited:

Caius Kai Arvaile Jr.

"You can't turn it off?" He snapped unintentionally. Whether his dad had left that bit of information out intentionally or had just forgotten. They needed to be out of sight, and the ability he normally would use was stifled by her inability to control hers. A breath of frustration rustled past his lips.

Think Kai.

His eyes displaced from her to the runic creation as it gradually neared their position. The smoke around his feet had cleared by now, as his gaze drifted to a different part of the courtyard. Noisy footsteps echoed in the western corner with a boisterous shadow to match. Definitely not his best work as it could easily be perceived as fake, but it would have to do. He hoped it would keep the patrol distracted whilst he began moving to the east, back to one of the buildings. "Quick." He ushered her beneath one of the archways, maybe the shadows there would dim her bright glaring glow.

The brunette would almost appear to be a bit puzzled when he snapped his response, that question, back at her. She had just said that after all, so she couldn't quite understand why he was asking it again. Had he misheard her, or something? That was the easiest answer to her confusion really.

"Nope, not at all." She answered, even though he wasn't actually asking. That was another thing like the handshakes, dragons didn't typically ask rhetorical questions like that back home, some liked puzzles and wordplay, but she hardly ran into those ones. It was mostly straightforward interactions, which could usually be rather fun.

Before she could carry on to further explain the nature of her inability to properly control her powers it appeared as though he had an idea. Swept into the motion of it as she soon found herself under one of the arches, blinking slightly as she just looked at him. The space under the archway, the way the architecture was designed, could have left more room to be desired. Much closer to him now than she had been in the open courtyard before.

The runic creation might not have been fooled by the visual of the moving shadow, or by the footsteps that followed, if not for the magic that created the figments. The magic was real, and it was enough to grab its attention for a time. Inevitably it would come back for a sweep though, once it discovered the falsehood of the 'figure'. They were still in a bad place for it all.

That was when a whisper would strike, a sound that Isabella wouldn't have been able to hear. The very same whispers that followed Caius Senior, the 'things' that lurked around the school. The subtle voices in the shadows that would prey on certain moments, like this one.

'Take her, siphon her powers and you will avoid detection...' The whisper would hint at, along with the knowledge of a technique. It was simple enough to perform, which involved leeching the essence from another being. Without the energy the 'glow' from it all would obviously fade, and hiding would be easy. The plan was sound, though that type of magic was technically forbidden. Taboo, as it were. Odd were, however, that Isabella didn't even know that.
[/div]

Caius Kai Arvaile Jr.

His decoy worked. Just barely. Hazel eyes watched the runic creature float purposefully in the other direction. 'Stupid Kai! Stupid!' They were surely still in the line of fire, and surely she could feel his breaths of distress in the air between them. A gruff and a step back was initiated when he became aware of the lack of distance between them. And he released his hold on her hand, eyes still scurrying around their domain, looking for another exit plan.

Maybe what was angering him, even more, was what he described as naivety from her. "Do you not understand what sort of position we are in?" He asked her bitterly. "We can't be seen at this time. Not here." Kai did this every night. Stroll out on his own, evaded the patrols, slipped by perfectly. And now he was under unfamiliar circumstances, and he hated it. Hated when he was incompetent. Hated when his perfectly, well thought out plans were disrupted.

However... it was when he was trying to slow his breathing and collect his thoughts, that a soft whisper wove its way past his ears. Or through his mind... Kai couldn't tell. Only that it caused an uncomfortable shiver to run his spine. The voice was unrecognizable, it definitely hadn't been Isabella who had spoken. Had it?

Kai whipped around on the spot, glaring left and right, searching for any sign of another other than the patrols. But nothing. He knew it had been too soft of a whisper to be any further away then she was. Had she heard it too?

'Take her, siphon her powers and you will avoid detection...'

He repeated the words in his head. The use of the pronoun 'her' could only suggest Isabella. But why? Thoughts and images suddenly whirled round in his head in answer to his question. Abrupt, but clear, fleeting, but with a lasting impression. He now understood the words that had been whispered. It made sense. How else were they going to get out of this shit?

His gaze darted back to Isabella. Would she disapprove? Would she even understand what he was up to? Kai slowly moved back towards her, attempting to soften his gaze. "My Apologies Isabella." A small tilt of his head, hands fumbling with one another to replicate stress-induced tendencies, to gain her sympathy. "It's just my nerves. I wish not to have you fall into trouble." His lips trickled into a 'sad' smile. "I would just feel utterly responsible if that were to happen on your first day... " Kai brushed a hand through his curls as he neared her. "I have an idea though." He didn't waver in his gaze. "But I need your help...."

The entire time that he seemed to be freaking out about something, the brunette would simply watch him, confusion on her face. The proximity hadn't seemed to bother her at all, another social norm that was lost on her 'personal space'. It had been mentioned earlier when she had hugged a few of her new friends out of the blue, but overall she still didn't quite 'get' it. The angry words as well hardly earned a response from her, as if she were trying to understand something about it all. Aside from a small shake of her head, a simple no to his question.

"The night is beautiful it seemed silly to be stuck inside for it." She, it seemed, did in fact know the rule. They had been read to her earlier, she just chose to disregard what she thought to be a 'stupid' rule. Rules needed reasons and logic, without either she didn't see a reason to follow them. Beyond that Isabella would just observe him, wondering what he was looking for, what he seemed to be doing in all of this. Whatever he was looking for seemed to help so maybe it was okay? Though a small frown dotted her face anyways.

The sudden shift that followed would be weird, her head tilting as he spoke again. Nicer, more like how he had been when he first found her. Eyebrows furrowing slightly to accompany it all before something seemed to dawn on her, whatever it was meant he was doing better... Probably, so her expression returned to a small smile.

"Okay, go ahead. I'll help." Anyone else probably would have wanted to hear 'how' they were going to help, so it was probably odd that Isabella simply agreed like that.
[/div]

Caius Kai Arvaile Jr.

Its struck him, how quick she was to agree. But any other clues would've swooped over his head, he was way too focused on this important task, his objective. He assumed she straight away believed him. They all did. Most of them anyways. Kai gave a nod of his head as he neared her.

"Let's try and lower that glow." His eyes trickled up to hers, gently gripping her wrist again, his shadow magic rolling at his feet again. "Alright, so I'm gonna try and hide us, while I do that, just think about dimming it. Okay? Just think about it, repeat it the thought, focus hard." He was attempting to make her believe it was her that was lessening her aura. When it was him instead.

Kai closed his eyes, trying to concentrate on doing what the whisper had asked of him. Drawing power away from her, feeding off it. He wasn't really sure if it was working, to begin with. But eventually, the darkness around them was growing, and soon enough, hopefully, they would be submerged into it. Hidden away from the runic creature, long enough for it to assume no one was in the courtyard.​

There were so many questions she really had in that moment, yet Isabella didn't voice a single one of them. Instead seeming to concentrate on something on his face, before she let off a quiet sigh and nodded this time. She had agreed to help him, after all. So instead of speaking she closed her eyes, and tried to focus, concentrate on the notion of 'dimming' it. She had no way of knowing that method would never work, after all she had never tried it before. This would be the closest she had come thus far to proper instruction about it, since most of the day had been focused to adjusting to the school rather than classes.

Something was working though, a shiver running down her spine as she felt something there. She felt... more tired than she had before, a slowly growing feeling of weariness that she couldn't quite place. The shadows he was creating to hide them would indeed soon cover over that dimmed aura, seemingly just in time too as the runic creation finished it sweep through the courtyard before moving on to the remainder of its rounds. The illusion hadn't fooled it for long, and they very well might have been spotted otherwise.

"I'm tired..." The brunette would murmur more than anything, once the coast was clear, the previous excitement and enthusiasm had diminished a bit as well. Though that could simply be a result of a combination of the eventful day, with the drain on her energy, rather than potential side effects.

"I'd like to go back to my room now." She added, though after a moment she would give a little smile. "Thanks for the fun, Kai."
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back