• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Edge of Upheaval (Burning Wheel)

it's kind of strange, and I've not really played much before, but I can recommend a very awesome actual play podcast that uses it and is the reason I bought the books :p

http://strandgamers.com/podcasts/inquisition/

I love this group, and they have several other games that they've played as well (including mouse guard which uses a modified version of burning wheel's rules). Unfortunately they stopped recording their sessions :s a real shame, they're a fun group and Nick their main GM is super good.

uhh sure :) I think I mostly remember how the game works :p been a while since I last read the books. What sort of characters were you looking for?

I've looked up the basic rules and how to handle things like combat and knowledge checks on its wiki. Tried to find info on lifepaths but it's hard to come across.

I'm working from my phone for the next week so it should be easier after that to find tutorial videos.

Yeah the lifepaths are a bit tricky/complicated, but I think help to make a more organic character

Well, let me know when you've delved into it a bit more, SpiralErrant SpiralErrant . BW is an interesting game as it all but directly call you out and demands you to master it. I, of course, love it. But it's very polarizing.

perhaps in the meantime you could tell us a bit more about the adventure you had planned? or at least some more details on the setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back