• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Echoes of the Night (Dark Fantasy Horror | Steampunk)

The Shadow Realm

Leader of The Shadow Realm

1522101916262.png

1522102420462.png

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” -H.P Lovecraft

Ever since the dawn of man, the instinct known as fear has led the race to salvation. In a world fraught with monstrous hellscapes, this is all that mankind could do to just simply survive. The world was swamped with myriads of evil ever since mankind's inception, and monsters ranging from werebeasts to demons laid hidden in the blind spots of petrified onlookers. It was due to this very terror that laid mankind to befell its own kind, such as “The Dark Ages”.

This era of history is often seen as a period of frivolous conquest to the blind masses, however its actual agenda was to destroy the horrendous corruption that was consuming the world with ire. In a span of 500 years (500 A.D to 1000 A.D), humanity fought against this great evil, birthing many revered monster slayers such as King Arthur and the Knights of the round table. Under the guidance of these monolithic figures, mankind managed to vanquish much of the malicious forces across the land.

Due to the courageous few who stood strong in the path of terror, humanity claimed the world as its own. The nightmarish creatures that once roamed the world were now only legends, such as King Arthur himself. With the absence of this fear, mankind began to progress into a race that challenged the gods themselves, throwing the world into a form of mechanized evolution. The world changed dramatically following this act, and it soon became an ideal place to reside in. Horseless carriages began to take the place of horses, mechanized machines soon took over in acts of war, and cities began to grow exponentially.

The reign of humanity had finally reached its pinnacle, however it didn’t last long.

As cities grew, so did the spread of a new affliction designated as “The Veiled Death.” The virus seemed to thrive in the crowded cities of Europe, and due to it having barely any signs of infection besides two incision marks on the neck, it soon burned its way across the entire planet. Once the inflicted passed away, the virus could also spread by just simply grazing the dead. This led to the plague chipping away at society across the globe, and almost bringing humanity to its knees. In conclusion, the embrace of death took 100 million from this earth.

With cities giving way to chaos, the hellish creatures of the night once again began to reclaim what was taken from them. Sightings of monsters across the globe began to rekindle, and many feared the end of days was soon approaching its climax. Despite the world falling apart at the seams, those dubbed as the “Tainted Hollow” successfully held back the darkness, and as time passed the creatures of the night halted their attacks. The beasts of this world were once again hidden away from humanity, and the sightings began to give way into mere rumors.

Despite mankind's triumph over the newfound corruption, danger loomed eerily in the distance. In the shroud of darkness laid a being whose very appearance spelled the end of man, and one that could not be stopped if it awoke.

Last edited:
Is my writing so horrendous that even the title alone causes people to flee in terror?

Perhaps if I dl'ed me a waifu as a background I'd be more likely to get views..

Last edited:
I will put in perspective of what this RP will be to those who may be curious as to what all this shall be.

A mish-mash of Steampunk and Eldritch horror, set in the late 1890s with a story that will tie together the various factions me and The Shadow Realm The Shadow Realm have created.

Monster hunting, steampunk inventions, will each of the factions playing a specific role in the universe. People will be able to play as vampires, werewolves, or whatever creature they can think of; within reason of course. If this gets enough people interested we'll get a lore page up detailing the various factions and the history of the world.

Is my writing so horrendous that even the title alone causes people to flee in terror?

Perhaps if I dl'ed me a waifu as a background I'd be more likely to get views..
omg idk y i havent found this sooner! sounds dope!
I will put in perspective of what this RP will be to those who may be curious as to what all this shall be.

A mish-mash of Steampunk and Eldritch horror, set in the late 1890s with a story that will tie together the various factions me and The Shadow Realm The Shadow Realm have created.

Monster hunting, steampunk inventions, will each of the factions playing a specific role in the universe. People will be able to play as vampires, werewolves, or whatever creature they can think of; within reason of course. If this gets enough people interested we'll get a lore page up detailing the various factions and the history of the world.
and are the players playing humans too?

omg idk y i havent found this sooner! sounds dope!

and are the players playing humans too?
Players can either be humans or monsters. This goes into further detail once we start talking about cursed hunters, humans who have demonic abilities due to soul bonding.

This premise is so good! I cannot wait to see the lore (if it gains enough interest, which I'm surprised it hasn't already tbh).

Interested!

This premise is so good! I cannot wait to see the lore (if it gains enough interest, which I'm surprised it hasn't already tbh).

Interested!
Ah, thanks for the interest! I'm glad some is picking up now. The lore will be pretty extensive, so hopefully it'll reach your expectations!
I'm very interested. Please keep me in the loop!
Man it's awesome seeing people interested! I'll make sure to keep you guys posted.

I'm a fan of the What a Beautiful series of VN games, so a Lovecraft/Steampunk setting isn't new for me. Definitely interested in this, so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back