Eatin Babies

how much additional essence would you say? (tell why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• varies like a stunt

• none you sick bastard, i hope you burn in hell

• Total voters

Ozymandius

Magic Eight Ball
ok, in the abyssal book, it says that if you eat a Heroic mortal you get his health levels done in essence, and for normal mortals, you get 4 (i think i havent read the book in a while and dont own it so i could be off) if you were to eat a pregnat woman would you get extra essence? if so how much would you say. Or would it just be the normal amount. I personally say that since your a champion of destruction you should get it on a stunt based system.

Believe it or not, this isn't a new question.

-S

I'd say no extra because I'd consider the baby part of the mother since it's living off her resources.

I voted one point though for that extra rubbing in of the abyssal theme.

I woudl add then that do you get extra essence if you eat a fat man?  What is it that makes the pregnant woman more essence than a normal person?  Is it the idea of 2 souls their mass, or what.  

If it is two souls then when do you define the soul as entering the child?

I would say for ease same as normal human, at most 1 extra essence, but imo the math is eaiser when you just go with the flow and assume everyone is a statistic and the same, course if you wanted your abyssalls hunting down pregnant women then give them extra, certainly woudl give you game a more meniacle feel as the abyssals travel through the town devouring all the pregnant women.

psychoph said:
when do you define the soul as entering the child?
In the real world this is a sticky problem with much shouting and pulling of hair attached to it. Luckily, this is not the 'Real World Compendium Redux'.

In Exalted, the soul enters a child at a perfectly defined point - With their first breath. Or, at least, according to immaculate philosophy it does, and the IM is enough of a 'lying with the truth' school of document for me to trust it on this.

So, clearly a pregnant woman gives no extra motes when an abyssal eats her.

(Interestingly a fat person *can*, as the motes come from heath levels and the "large" merit grants these.)

I'd probably give the Abyssal extra essence, just because the idea of someone eating a pregnant woman is really oogy.  Just the kind of thing a truly evil person would do.

I picked 1 because I think a fetus would have at least -0 and Incap. HLs...

About soul entering the fetus thing, I have no idea.

You've got to be really fucking fat to be worth having the large merit. 7+ feet, and 300+ pounds.

I don't think you would get any extra essence. An extra who is pregnant is going to still be an extra. Being pregnant does not change that.

I don't really like where it might lead, either. Suppose you go off and fight some Wyld barbarians and you run into one with two torsos or something. Extra essence for that sucker?

Or, say you meet an extra with no legs. Do you get less essence because there is less to eat?

The best answer I can give is to go play F.A.T.A.L.

I think the burn in hell was because you forgot to put a 0 in your poll.  If I answered the poll i would vote none burn in hell because i don't think that you shoudl gain more essence for the eating of a pregnant lady.  Imo it is az flaw in the polls design not someone wanting you to burn in hell.

I think it would be either a Stunt or worth nothing. And only a stunt if they make it sound neat. Because normally that's just kinda lame to hunt out the pregnant just for a little extra essence. Same with hunting out the extra obese just hoping they have that Large or Huge merit. (which in my eyes would be a stupid waste of game time.)

Officially I put 0 because I wouldn't award stunt dice for something like that.

Varies like a stunt and here's why.

First time it's done, it's kinda cool. Interacting with the environment, extras are supposed to be scenery (you don't see any of the other Exalted gnawing on trees or rocks, although as the basis for a charm...), gets you +2.

After the first time it's old, and so not as cool, unless the Abyssal performs a C-section first, splitting the life force before eating both and licking his fingers.

Then, well, it's up to the player to make it cool again. If they're specifically searching large towns for the pregnant women, then it becomes tacky. Still, if it's performed with a cool bonus (virgin birth...wahay stunt city) then it's fine, but until then it varies by the coolness, and whether it acknowledges the environment, is just a normal stunt, or becomes part of the character's modus operandi (which could in itself be cool - as it means that it gives you basis' for the Enemy or Hunted flaws).

I am such a cynical, sick and twisted individual. I miss my W:tA character, that's all.

Unborn fetuses aren't people. As far as I'm concerned, this is true both in the real world and in the Age of Sorrows. As such, no extra essence. Of course, if you induce labor, the child is born alive, and THEN you eat it, then you get some motes.

even stranger...what if a Lunar ate the pregnant woman-

theres more than one hearts blood in her so would he be able to change into a fetus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back