• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy E.H.

Colorless Spectrum

Always Blue
Roleplay Type(s)

Althea%20icon%202.png

Interacting with: None

Mood: Curious as a cat.

"This world has bound me deep in chains. Just because I am called a Slave does not mean that I will let myself truly be one."

@Ailey Songstress Songstress

A Slave's Tale

*Shuffle*

*Shuffle*

"Althea can you quit that shuffling? I know that you go to work early in the morning but please... I just got to bed two, freaking, hours ago!" Yelled the fiery haired woman, her icy blue eyes felt like it was shooting fire balls at her pink haired roommate.

"I'm sorry, sorry. It's a really important day today and I am already late!" Said the pink haired messenger. Smiling apologetically and bumped her knuckles together and bowed slightly, a Thyrean custom of saying sorry. She looked through the files and headed for the door, "Have a goodnight's sleep, Seirah!" The woman shouted making her angry friend twitching with irritation as she went back to bed before Althea slammed it shut.

"I hardly doubt a time will come where she would be quiet in the morning." Seirah rolled her eyes as she smiled and started her peaceful sleep.

As soon as Althea got out of the building, she fastened her pace as she passed by the large elegant buildings of Thyrea. Bushes, trees and flowers in every corner giving a beautiful contrast to the monochromatic palette of most of the buildings. Althea would’ve be taking this all in as she has always done it every day, if only she wasn’t jumping around rails and anything that blocks her path making up for the past time that she was asleep.

*Knock*

*Knock*

An elderly woman greeted Althea kindly as she opened the door. “Good morning, dearie. A pleasure to see your lovely face in the morning everyday.” The old woman chided happily, and sweetly like honey if you could ever taste it. She gave Althea a warm look, like how a mother would give to her child.

The young woman breathed heavily but gave the woman a curtsy. “My lady, I’m sorry for the delay but here is your daily papers.” She handed out a folder to the woman and was about to leave when she suddenly remembered another message for the other woman. “Ah, yes. Also, the… will be coming… and also another… but from the…” She whispered the message to the Sage, Lady Geien Pronto, who was part of the Thyrean council.

I see. I trust you will tell no one about this?

No one, my lady. My lips are sealed.” Althea bent her right knee and placed her hand on her chest as a promise. It was the way the Slaves promised to anyone above their rank, how they were taught.

Thank you, Althea.” The woman spoke with authority now that political matters are done. “You are dismissed.

Althea gave the older woman a firm “Yes, ma'am.” before leaving the vicinity. She was her last client and Althea is happy to have finally finished her job. Now, she can finally go to the Thyrean forest. No one is allowed to go in there, only Mezan mages and a few select of people are. It is where the Egnarions are most abundant.

You'd see different kinds of it from the smallest Kaochuul, it has the looks of a rabbit with a lion's tail and wings much more larger than it's body, and a Hii-Ruh Lai, a gigantic four eyed dragon with four limbs and is made up of fur rather than scales. Both are dangerous in a lot of ways, and there are many more that are just as dangerous.

Fortunately for Althea, she knows the forest well enough to keep her from any Egnarion trouble. She took out the necklace she wore around her neck, it had the feather of a Kaochuul. “Dei Sulve.” Those were the words a Mezan mage use to release an Egnarion from it's slumber. Spark like mist generated from Althea’s feathered bracelet, it is where the Essnce of the Kaochuul resides. At first, a small ball was formed, roughly the size of her fist, until it grew a bit larger and took form of the winged rabbit with a lion's tail. “Hello, Linli.” She scratched her companion’s ears as it stirred awake and purred.

Prrr… Kao…” The Egnarion stretched it's small arms and legs as it rested on her palms. It crunched it's nose and lept off her jumping to the deeper part of the forest. It ran off and climbed the smallest tree where Pohxi fruit can be found. Althea smiled to herself and approached her companion who was only born three weeks ago. It was a delicacy in Thyrea, people from another land would travel just for this fruit. It was small, sweet and very fulfilling.

Althea picked out a fruit and peeled it, showing it's scale like meat as it drips it's sweet juice. She picked out a scale and gave it to Linli. “Here, little one. Eat up so that one day I'd see how you will grow… or rather, what you can do someday.” She gave it another one until he was full and every part of the fruit was eaten.

She placed Linli at her shoulder and proceeded to her favorite part of the forest, the water falls. At night, the water would glow from blue to purple, and the plants around it would shine with various colors. It was the most beautiful sight one could ever see but sadly, Althea didn't have the luxury to wait until nightfall. She blew a slow and long whistle, “I'm gonna have to finish this artwork fast.” She took Linli down and let it roam the place free while she sketched the waterfall that was filled with so many Egnarions, the more none-hostile ones.

Crap, it's already this dark already?!" She hurried out of the forest because it was already time for the guards to patrol the place.

Why do we have to guard this?” Said a tall soldier, he looked sloppy and held his spear loosely.

Someone has been reported to sneak in and out during this time of night.” Answered another, though more serious in the job he is in.

They're already here!? Althea peaked over the bushes. “Pruu?”

Shhhh, Linli.” To avoid being spotted, Althea has decided to put him to sleep again. “Domiviri.” She whispered the spell as Lainli slowly became a ball of light and went back to Althea’s feather bracelet. She climbed up the highest tree nearby and jumped from one branch to another. The closer she got to the guards the more she sweats.

She looked down and realized that it was Seirah on guard duty today. She made a faint Kokoka sound, an avian Egnarion with shirt colorful feathers as deadly as a blade and makes a sound as if singing a song. Seirah looked up to see Althea pleading silently to help her get away with this. Seirah rolled her eyes and started talking to the other guard. Telling him fake rumors that really took his attention. Althea grinned happily, giving Seirah a thumbs up and mouthing, “I owe you one.”

She jumped over and ran as fast as she can to the market place to avoid being spotted. The place was bustling with noise, as if the place never sleeps. People are always so festive here, and people are also prone in getting into fights. Just like the two over by the fountain, punching each other. One already had a bleeding nose and the other has a gigantic black eye.

Althea quietly went inside the tavern, people were having a merry time as always as Althea ordered the cheapest meal and the cheapest of drink. The bartender approached her, “Althea! Haven't see you in so long.

Been having some trouble with my money, Thon.”

You've worked here before and you know I'll give you a discount… No, you're free all ya want!” The scar on his mouth began to stretch as he smiled from ear to ear.

I really wouldn't. You'll lose income if I did that.” She refused the man's offer shyly.

Well, your choice! Enough about that but have you heard?”

Heard what?”

That a princess is coming to town, sweetie.” Said a familiar voice, a bit seductive but that was always how she spoke. The other woman behind her smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Really, Nia? You aren't joking about that right?” The pink haired woman asked. Feigning ignorance on the subject, giving a shocked expression when she really couldn't care less.

Would I ever lie to you?” She gave a pout and Althea found it adorable on how childish Nia can be at times.

Althea thought about it for a minute. “Nope!” Althea gave an innocent smile that made Nia laugh.

They say that she's coming tomorrow but no one is sure of the specific.” Said Thon as he leaned in to whisper. His breath smelled, the mixture of different types of alcohol that he has mixed together.

So, this rumor… From what country?”

Nia and Thon looked at each other and shrugged. It is quite interesting how a princess would just suddenly come here, and another one at the very same time. It's too bad I wasn't given much detail when I talked to Lady Pronto. Althea took a bite as the other two proceeded in doing what ther job requires them to do leaving Althea as she began eating while thinking about who this “princess” is or will be like.

Last edited:

Margaux
Post #:
Whereabouts:
Activity:
Tags: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum
Songstress Songstress

Margaux
princess of aille

Div-0.png

It was a fine morning for the country of Aille, the Kingdom of Orh's House of Light Magics. The skies were in their rightful hue of gentle blueness, the occasional rays of light that sneak out of its domain radiated upon the land below, the trees gently swayed to the breeze's soothing winds and with it, carried the true freshness of the element of air. Truly, a weather befitting the country that hosted the holy powers of light.

Margaux relished the gift of Mafleim as she stood by the palace balcony's edge and took in a deep breath, savoring how fresh the air was.

"Looks like today's going to be another beautiful day!" She exclaimed with a smile.

"Ah, my Princess! It appears you are out of bed," a young woman's voice came from behind her. The young woman in question cleared her throat before continuing, "My princess, King Atlas is requesting for your presence."

"My father?" The princess asked, facing her private maid, Layla. "I thought he was to stay at the Tower for two more days?"

"It seems their was urgent business he forgot and returned home immediately," the maid informed, her poise unwavering. "I do not know the full details myself, my Princess."

A short giggle escaped out of Margaux's lips, "C'mon, Layla. How many times do we have to go through this?" Her hands made their way to her hips, "Call me, Margaux. And besides," Margaux turned back towards the balcony, surveying the country lands once more. "If it was as urgent as you say, then he'd be the one to greet me good morning. I'll go to him later."

Layla smiled in response, having to grow up together with the princess, she knew her well that her princess would never let a good day go to waste, even if the king himself demands her presence. "Very well," she bowed, "I shall inform the king then."

"Oh, and Layla," Layla was about to leave the room when the princess called for her attention once more.

"Yes, my princess?" Layla responded, facing her princess with both hands held together at her legs.

"Bring me my town walking clothes," Margaux requested.

Layla giggled, "Yes, Margaux. Right away."

Div-0.png

"Malcolm! Malcolm!" Hughes was beyond pissed, his newest shop assistant kept snoozing off every minute. If he wasn't for Malcolm's mother being a good customer and a friend of his, he'd already have her son kick the bucket. "Who told you could hit the sack when you shoulda been unpacking this new sack of apples!?"

Malcolm shot out off his seat and jumped into place and into reality once more, shaking his head vigorously to drive the drowsiness away. He bowed frantically at his boss, "I-I-I'm s-s-orry, boss! It's just that I haven't had much sleep, I had three other jobs on the side, boss!"

Hughes spat on the ground, and placed his right foot on top of a nearby barrel, "Bah! If it wasn't your mother being a good ol' friend of mine, I coulda kicked you off the streets! Don't waste my kindness, boy. Get to work!"

"Yessir! Right away, sir!" Malcolm replied as he scurried towards the back of the store.

Div-0.png

"Whew, you can do this Malcolm, just a few more sacks to go!" He muttered to no one but himself in particular, attempting to motivate himself as sweat dripped to every bit of his slim body, and his chocolate hued hair obscured his vision. His task wasn't difficult but the strain of working for days without a proper rest took its toll on him.

"Oi, Malcolm," a deep voice entered the storeroom.

A smile formed on Malcolm's lips, and he didn't need to look up to see who it was, "Yo, Gerard! What's up?" He was thankful someone came to check on him, he was on the verge of passing out.

Gerard had been looking out for his friend ever since they started working, he knew his friend was in a worse state financially so when he received word that his best friend had taken up more than he could chew, he checked on him every now and then. "Ah, nothin' Just finished my work for today so I went to check on you. How you doin'?" He asked, masking his worry with a smile.

Malcolm shrugged his shoulders in response, "surviving. You?"

"Heh, same here. Need help with that?" Gerard didn't give his friend time to reject his offer and picked a spot to work on.

"No need to help me out here, man. I can handle it." Malcolm attempted to convince his best friend but he knew he'd have none of it.

"Look, Mal," Gerard took a break for awhile and eyed his friend carefully, "if you keep on overworking yourself, you'd end up just like your little sister."

Gerard's words made pangs on his chest, he's been working hard since his younger sister got sick, and he didn't want his mom to go back to work because of his sister. Malcolm let out a sigh of relief, "she's feeling better."

"And how about you?" Gerard was straight to the point, like Malcolm known he'd be. He had always been the better half of their duo, he was kinder, taller, luckier, and more handsome at that.

"Just a bit more," Malcolm whispered. "Then I can take a break too."

It was Gerard's turn to sigh but he knew there was no stopping his friend. "This wouldn't be happening if we married a princess." He sarcastically quipped.

The duo chuckled loudly as they worked, they remembered the childish joke that they will both marry a princess before they reach their twenties. It was around the time when defending girls from bullies made them feel as if they were Mafleim himself. Such childish memories they were but they were also childishly sweet.

"Yeah," Malcolm was the first to cut the chuckling. "Too bad the king only had two sons and a daughter, and as if the princess would leave the palace gates anyway." Malcolm remarked.

"Have you heard?" Gerard switched to his story telling mode, he was an errand boy so he heard rumors a lot, walking around the shops around the market made it difficult not to hear a few whispers here and there, especially from the female shopkeepers, " the princess leaves the palace gates often times, even more so on days like these."

Malcolm snorted at the idea but he was not unfamiliar to them. Rumors like the one his best friend told were abundant, the princess was first rumored to visit the town's local orphanage and helped fix the run down establishment by donating large sums of money, another was that the princess would sometimes play with the children at the park in disguise, and perform a show for them with her magic, but, there was no way in Mafleim's realm that the princess could ever leave the safety and luxury of her palace just to be with the common folk yet, he dared not to not humor his friend. "Yeah? If what you say is real, then how come no one can still tell what she looks like?"

Gerard waved his hands defensively, "relax, it was just a rumor. I doubt the story's credibility myself."

Just then, Hughes entered the storeroom, a tooth grin plastered across his face. "You two better not slack on me now," he started. "We gots ourselves a jackpot, boys! Someone's buying almost all of our supplies! Get those baskets outta here!"

The two started moving but not without giving each other a surprised look beforehand.

Malcolm went to carry a basket first, his friend selected what he should carry and gave him the lightest basket. He made his way out of the storeroom and unto the storefront. As he was making his way, he wondered who could've bought a storeroom full of supplies, was it a Lord? a knight? someone's who's filthy rich? or maybe, was it the princess? The last thought made him smile a bit but he still doubted it nonetheless. It wasn't going to take long before he found out anyway.

Alas, the moment of truth was just a curtain cover away, he swiped the cloth away from view found out who was buying their supplies.

Oh.

They were just maids

Beautiful maids, yes. But still, just a maid. What a disapp-

"Oh! Hello! Do you need help with that?" One of the maids greeted him rather energetically. It knocked him back to consciousness, he wasn't aware he was stuck on one of his train of thoughts again. "O-oh uh," he stumbled on his words and with the basket he was carrying.

The maid already grabbed the basket from his hands and he got a good glance at her, and he was mesmerized at the view. She was beautiful, the color of her hair reminded him of the sweetness of the best honeys he ever had as a kid, and her eyes glowed like the clear blue skies and her smile was gentle yet stunning at the same time. Their hands had the chance to touch each other when she grabbed away the basket from him and yet, the feeling of softness of her skin was that of a newborn babe.

"Margaux! You don't need to carry that!" He was interrupted from his thoughts of delight when another voice came from behind the maid. It was the other maid, she pretty too but the one carrying the basket of apples was the real apple to his eye.

It didn't take long before Gerard and Hughes showed up. They finished unloading the storeroom within fifteen minutes and loaded them onto the maids' carriage.

"You sure bought a lotta apples, missy!" Hughes still had the toothy grin on his face, "ya sure you need this much, though?"

"Nonsense!," Margaux responded, "the master would be more than happy to have this much apples for his birthday!" she chuckled politely, interrupting herself moments later, "oh! Before I forget, here!" She reached out for her purse and gave Hughes thirty gold coins. "Ten for each of you."

Malcolm was beyond belief, with just ten gold coins, it'd be enough to pay for his sister's medications and study at the magic academy till they become fledged wizards, and even then, they'd still have enough gold to buy a farm to grow their own crops! Gerard and Hughes were not unexpectedly ecstatic with the amount of gold they received.

"Well, if that will be all, Layla?" Margaux turned back to Layla, who sat in front of the carriage.

With a nod, Layla made carriage horses to move.

As the carriage reached outside of their line of sight, Hughes patted both Gerard and Malcolm's shoulders, "heh, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna close up shop, forever!," he announced as he excitedly entered the shop.

Malcolm and Gerard, on the other hand, stood still in silence from where they were since the carriage made its move.

"Gerard," Malcolm was the first to break the silence.

"Yeah?," his friend responded, not looking at his friend's way.

"Forget marrying a princess, I wanna marry her."

Last edited:

full

Interacting with: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Lady of Amier

Today was just another normal day.. maybe?.. for the sweet Star Child of Amier.

The morning sun that was everyday loved by the lady, releases a soft ray of light, passing through the slightly opened curtain of the window. As the silver blue eyes slowly opens, the gentle light coming from the window subtly blinded her, covering it with her hands.

She got up from her bed and stretched her arms while approaching the window. She spreads the curtain energetically and started her day again full of motivation.

In order to maintain her body fitness and strengthen her stamina, training is a must. Because of hard work paying off, her physical abilities was a lot better and helpful then ever. Flexibility is one of her great advantage in many things. That is because since she was young, she practiced ballet and gymnastics which was part of her training in order to have good posture and grace.

Her morning practice usually ends before noon, and when that time comes, lunch is beautifully placed on the table. Being ranked 1st from all the power houses of Amier, they were able to live a healthy and breathable life.

She rested for a while and walked away from the ballroom where she usually trains.

"Lady Astra, your lunch is ready." Their maid said.

"Thank you." Astra replied with a soft tone.

Astra gave her a sweet smile and sat, waiting for the other members of her family to sit as well.

As the three men approached the dining room, having a persuasive lady in their family was quite tiring for them.

Since Astra is already an adult, having her permission to go out should be easily granted, but, it is not like that for them. With an overprotective father and brothers in her home, it is surely wearying even for her.

"Father, Arche and Atlas, I've asked this for numerous times but I'm already 19. Can't you guys at least let me go to the village?"

The Lady pitifully said.

The father, Cosmo and the twin brothers Arche and Atlas all sat down somehow used in the situation. The men did not even need to anticipate as to how their only woman in the family is trying to take advantage of her age.

"Astra dear, we have an exquisite garden outside our house." Her father replied.

"At least it's outside." Her father added making fun out of it.

The twins slightly tittered and quickly paused as Astra turned to them. It was not as easy as she thought. The lady looked down, bummed about the denied permission. She sighed and took a bite of the meal that was placed in front of her. She did not have much appetite. Astra quietly stood up and slightly patted the napkin to her mouth.

"Thanks for the food." She murmured.

The three were a little regretful about the conversation that quickly ended. They continued to consume the appetizing food and eventually finished after a couple of minutes.

Afterwards, Cosmo, the master of the house old went to her daughter's room and decided to somehow make it up to her. He did not know that his daughter was that serious of wanting to go out for a change of pace. Well, he does know that Astra has been working hard for the benefit of their name and rank but, he did not noticed that it had been a big burden for her daughter not to mention being only 19 at age.

It was too much task for her to maintain, also, she had no one who could understand the austerity or strictness that she had to deal with as she grows up. It was actually surprising for her to go this far with every responsibilities that she had to keep in her mind. Well, looking at the good side, she's been a lot more reliable especially in calculating problems.

*Knock knock*

As her father slowly opened the door, she saw Astra standing beside the bright open window. Her hair gently being blown by the soft cold breeze as it passes through her feeble skin. His eyes widely opened as he gradually approach, trying to reach her.

"Aurora..." Cosmo whispered.

At that very moment, it's as if his wife was still there, looking at the sun that she loved so much, just normally enjoying the view as she held Astra in her arms right after she gave birth to her.

Astra turned, tears falling down from her eyes. She was not that sure why she was actually crying. She then saw her father gazing at her for a while as he softly said, Aurora. Aurora.. that's mama's name.. She thought to her self.

"Father?' she said worrily.

His father then caught his pace and slightly cleared his throat.

"Sorry about that" he replied with a chuckle.

He then held his daughter's hand and gave out a big sigh. Astra held back his father's hand as well trying to encourage him to say what the problem is. Cosmo made a reassuring smile and finally began to speak.

"Astra, I'm allowing you to go, but.. you should not wander too much and be back at dinner okay?"

The lady processed for a while, not expecting much about finally granting her permission. She was too surprised that she doesn't know how she should react. Astra hugged her father tight and quickly changed clothes bringing along her mini telescope. Her father walked towards her and gave her the plain white cloak with their symbol in it.

"The village has a lot of people and not all of them is good. Remember, once you feel any danger close to you try calling midnight. He'll protect you." Cosmo said.

"But we're not that close yet.." Astra replied feeling concerned as she wore her cloak.

"Don't worry, just trust her." Her father replied giving her a pat on the head.

Astra ran out of her room heading towards their door as she happily waves at her father. After a couple of reminders, Cosmo slowly sat on her daughter's bed right after his daughter left their manor. He reminisced about the times where his beloved was still alive. Tears fell from his eyes, his face covered by two of his hands.

"If only you were here.." He whispered still lamenting about his wife.

As Astra's father cried out of her sight, she eventually reached the gates and waited for the guards to open it.

"Excuse me? Can you let me through?" She asked the guards with and impatient voice.

After finally letting her out she passed by an unfamiliar person with a short sword standing beside the gates. He's wearing a uniform, maybe he's new? Astra thought to herself. She didn't really mind it so she rushed towards the big stairs and ran down to the village. She reached for the hood of her cloak and hid her head as she wandered around. It was very lively and especially warm.

Astra visited different stalls with various types of items. Most of it contained street foods which is a lot cheaper and tasty as well. The rest had clothing shops and mixed kinds of accessories. She encountered countless people who never failed impress her. It's as if they practiced communicating with other people for years. The sale stalking was hard for her to deny so she had to take all the items that they recommended.

She wasn't able to walk around too much and it was starting to get dark. However she was able to saunter upon a place filled with children. She was a bit envious about how they just enjoy life without bothering about anything much in particular. It was actually weird for other individuals to see her, just merely staring at the cheerful kids playing around.

The kids began to approach her and tugged her cape.

"Miss, miss, can you play with us?" The little girl said with a cute voice.

"What.. w-wait..."

Before she was able to answer, the kids happily pulled her and invited her to play tags. Astra had no idea what game it was. She asked the kids regarding the rules of the game and eventually understood how it should be played. After one straight hour of taking part with their stamina draining game, she was unable to mind the time and should finally go home.

It was somehow sad to part with the sweet and friendly children so she promised that she will visit again. She squeezed each and one of them and hurriedly ran back to their manor. While Astra rapidly sprinted towards her house she caught a glimpse of two young adult girls talking about something with a low voice.

"Did you know that Master Cosmo has a business in Thyrea?" The brown haired woman said.

"Really?! What do you think it's about?" The blonde replied.

"Well, what do you think a master does to his slaves?" The brown haired girl bantered.

Astra continued running trying to dodge the possibility of her dad as an amoral person. She shrugged her head and finally reached the gates, trying to catch her breath

"Just.. in... time.." Astra murmured.

The lady slowly walked towards the guards and took of her hood. Her eyes turned to the unfamiliar person and gave her a sly smile. She noticed that he was a lot more slim and had different posture from the other guards. They opened the gates and let her pass through, still eyeing the newbie.

"I'm sorry but... since when did you start as Master Cosmo's guard?" She asked a little curious of the newcomer.

Last edited:
Margaux Madeleine
Status​
Post #:
Whereabouts:
Activity:
Tags;
King Atlas sat on his ivory throne. Elegant markings and adornments further emphasize its king's authority. Leaning to his right was his great sword, Oran. Crafted by the greatest craftsmen from Herea, it is said that his sword was able to turn the night into day in a single swipe hence earning it its nickname, the Day Bringer.

He had been patiently waiting for his daughter, out for a walk into town again, he thought. He banned his only daughter from leaving the Palace Walls but from some way or another, she always managed to outwit her guards, much to their chagrin. But no matter how much he tried, it was impossible to be mad at Margaux, her zeal for life and the ethereal air she carries along with her could bring warmth to the coldest of hearts.

He tapped his fingers on his throne's arm rest, clanking sounds echoed through the empty audience chamber. His golden hair that he shared with his children was thinned out, making it invisible underneath his helm, and his gleaming blue eyes stared coldly at the chamber doors, waiting in anticipation for his daughter's arrival.

And with Mafleim's favor, the large ivory doors parted and from a distance, a familiar smile could be seen, a smile so big and bright, it could rival his sword's ability to bring the light, and it could come from only one person.

"You're late." His voice was firm and filled with authority, perfectly fit for a king.

Margaux took her time walking the long aisle of carpets and marble footing before greeting back to her father, "I understand father but I just couldn't resist the beautiful weather we have today!" she exclaimed, wearing her signature smile.

Atlas sighed but later shook his head and went straight for the reason for requesting his daughter's presence, "pack your bags, Margaux. You are going to Thyrea."

It took Margaux time to process what her father said, and upon realization, her eyes widened with shock. She was never allowed to leave the country let alone the palace gates so the order was nothing but a surprise for her. "Father..." She started eyeing her father carefully, giving him a scrutinizing glare. "Are you unwell?"

Her father chuckled at the thought, he was expecting a different reaction, however. "What? Do you not like the decision? I thought you hated being confined in the palace?"

"I do, but..." She stumbled to find the right word to describe her emotions, "I am just surprised, and besides." She crossed her arms. "Wouldn't that take a whole week to get there?"

"Indeed, which is why I suggest you start packing." Her father instructed.

Div-0.png

It was Margaux's final day on the road, at least she hoped it would be. The trip had not been kind to her: On her third day, her camp was attacked by a Kotenshi, a bird-like Egnarion with explosive feathers; she crossed paths with unwelcoming residents from the Tavasa village, a village located at the border of House Kairo, and House Tradeo. Had it not for the soldiers her father placed as her bodyguards, her fate would have been sealed on her first trip outside of the country.

"My princess, are you alright? Do you need a moment's rest?" one of her guards asked.

She took in a deep gasp of air and expelled it all at once upon hearing the query. She could tell it was improper by judging how the guard was taken aback but she paid him no mind. "No, I do not, but thank you, Claude," she replied with a smile.

"No problem, my princess. Please, if you feel you need to rest, do not hesitate to ask." With a nod, Claude went on to scout ahead.

"He sure is dedicated to you, my princess," another voice came from behind. This time, a woman's.

The princess let out a short giggle before replying. "All of you are."

"We've just passed Galeman's Creek, it shouldn't be much longer before we get to the wall, my princess," the female guard announced.

Finally, Margaux thought. She had been aching to get a good night's sleep. A sigh of relief escaped her lips. "That's good to hear. Thank you for notifying me, Velvet."

A few more minutes on horseback, and she noticed that Claude was at a halt. An unfamiliar old man was with him, and from what Margaux could tell, he seemed to be a local.

"Claude? What is it?" Velvet asked.

Claude looked down and clenched on his horse's reins tighter, his eyes that usually brightened with determination was missing its normal cue. Margaux noticed this and knew immediately.

Something was wrong.

"My princess, I do not wish to bring you unfo-"

"Spare me no details, Claude. I wish to know what lies ahead." Margaux's tone was unyielding and her temperament was similar to her father's. Margaux was often known to be the kindest among the king's children yet, she was also capable of showing her authority and her capacity to handle tasks at hand no matter how difficult.

Claude cleared his throat, and took a moment before proceeding. "This man's village is in a constant state of danger. A pack of Nir Wolves kept attacking his village and murdering their livestock as well as their food supplies."

"Nir Wolves? This far north?" The princess only had occasional encounters with the fauna, but she had read books about them, and based from what she knows, Nir Wolves are wolf like Egnarions capable of turning the calm skies into deadly storms with their howls, and due to their affinity for the air element, their nesting grounds are mostly found mountainous terrains, like the lands of House Kairo.

"They only recently entered our lands." The princess turned her attention towards the local whose voice was dry and forced with old age. The old man bowed as if he was begging for the princess's help. "I am in no position to meddle with your plans," he said as his voice cracked and break. "But please," his voice turned hoarse and shaky. He was trying to conceal his urge to cry. "I beg of you, help us," he finished, still bowing to the princess.

The old local's feeling's struck across the princess's heart. She would never abandon people in need, she often snuck outside the palace to whenever news of her people in need reached her ears. She remembered visiting the home of elderly people, and the state that their home was in made her heart drop. Holes in the rooftops, they shared their home with vermin, and the filthy conditions of the establishment caused sickness, and death to its elderly residents.

The princess didn't need to think things through, she decided to help the local out.

"My princess! Let us handle the situation!” Velvet appealed before the princess even ordered them. They all knew their princess well. "Please continue to head for the Thyrean Wall. We will follow you shortly."

The princess was amazed. Was she that obvious? A smile formed around her lips as she looked at her companions. All of them shared her passion and knew that their princess would never leave people in need astray. They all nodded and smiled at their princess.

"My princess," a deep voice called for the princess's attention. It was Belanor, a bespectacled knight known for his keen intellect and clever thinking. "I suggest that you do not send all of us, and take Claude with you."

"Yes, I second this decision." Velvet agreed. If there was a knight among them that should be left with the princess, it had to be Claude.

"But I wish to help the villagers out as well." Claude tugged his reins. He couldn't argue with Belanor and Velvet's decision but he was determined to see that princess safely makes it to the wall.

Belanor adjusted his glasses. "Yes, but you are also the most passionate for the princess's safety. If we know that the princess is in good hands, we can handle the task at the village without worry."

The other knights started to march toward the village. Velvet patted Claude's shoulders before leaving the princess's custody to the young knight. "We're counting on you," she said, showing her confidence in Claude's abilities. "May Mafleim's light guide you, my princess." Velvet curtsied before making her way.

"May it guide you as well. Be safe." Margaux returned.

The local thanked the princess as well before hitching a ride on Velvet's horse.

Margaux and Claude watched as their companions leave their line of sight and continued to march for the Thyrean Wall.

Div-0.png

Hours passed since Velvet's group parted away, Margaux and Claude found themselves in a woodland. Based from the map Claude was concentrating on, they are not far from the wall. He wished to have the princess at the wall before sundown but the skies already turned into a familiar orange.

The woodland had been particularly forgiving. It was quiet but not to the extent of alarm. The dirt road was wide and fences of stone as high as their waists divided its travelers and what lies beyond the dense thickets of trees and shrubberies.

"We should reach the wall after these woods, my princess." He announced. He could tell that the princess was at her limit judging that her usual glow was at minimum.

"Do you wish to rest, my princess?" he asked, commanding his horse to stop.

The princess raised a hand to her shoulder in response. "No, I am fine. I wish to get there the soonest."

Moments of silence passed soon after, the road crooked slightly to its left and the trees grew less by each step. The road itself extended to a large grassy plain and at the end of it, an orange glow radiated from the distance. Margaux stopped to view the source of the light. Her mouth gaped and her eyes sparkled in amazed delight. The wall stretched so high up that it nearly kissed the foot of the skies. It covered the entirety of the grassy plains from west to east, covering the entire landscape.

Claude watched as his princess froze in astonishment, "welcome to the wall, my princess." He smiled.

Div-0.png

Interacting with: Songstress Songstress

Mood: Nervous

"It's you and me against the world lil' buddy."

@Ailey Songstress Songstress

Yuann Azule Adla

After a month's week of screening for a job, she had finally found one, a job to guard the Noctua Family. Seemed pretty easy enough for her, especially when her employer seemed very impressed with her skills. Yuann was later outfitted with a fitting armor and given a short sword. It was the coolest thing she'd wore, rather the only thing she'd wore that wasn't stolen. She couldn't help but be proud to be away from the life she had before. Maybe, her father is proud of her too. No need to go all sentimental now, Yuann. She reminded herself, as she walked towards Amir and her cute companion gave her a lick on the hand. "Hey, buddy." The orphaned teen ruffled her companion's hair, the Lykon gave out a satisfied whimper.

A knock on the door made the blue eyed girl jump, "Wh-who is it?"

The voice of a burly man could be heard on the other side of the door, "It's Riz, you need to get out their and meet our boss." Yuann scratched her head as she remembered that she was supposed to start in a week. "We're short on guards right now, so you got to get your ass out of the bed and let's go!" The girl could only jump at the sudden harshness of his tone. Riz was quite soft spoken when they first met so it came as a shock when he raised his voice.

Yuann hurriedly donned her armor and followed Riz back to the Noctua Manor. It was grand, almost like a castle. The young one had to stop for a bit and take in the beauty of the place, "Hey kid! Are you just gonna gawk or are you gonna work?"

Yuann snapped, a big smile was plastered on her face. "Work, of course!" With a hop, skip and a jump she found herself in the office of the head of the house. She'd be lying if she said that she wasn't nervous and sweating, the man in front of her was very intimidating. His name was Cosmo, he was what you would expect the Lord of the House to look like. Crisp blue coat adorned by a white cape, he had the eyes of a family man with white and brown hair. And though he has aged, he seemed so youthful it's as if he can fight sixty men by himself.

"So, Yuann Azule Adla..." She jumped at hearing her name, she worked hard for this and there is no way she's getting herself fired on the first day. "Tell me, do you believe you are good enough to protect my family."

She may have been a bit of a thief before but the red headed girl has never liked the idea of seeing people get hurt, "Yes, I believe that I can and I'll do better!" She almost shouted. The man gave her a chuckle, "I like you, you've got spirit and that is more than enough for me to have you as one of my guards." She finally let out the breath she had hold who knows how long. He reminded her of her own father, a friendly man with a knack for humor. Yuann couldn’t help but smile and gave a thank you. "Nonsense, you’ve earned it and you clearly needed it" And just as she was dismissed, her stomach growled loudly. Cosmo couldn’t help but give out a hearty laugh, “You are a very amusing child. Before you go to your station, you could get a few breads in the kitchen for you to eat.”

Yuann bowed and headed to the kitchen. She could still feel the embarrassment from her stomach growling in front of her boss. A maid happily handed three pieces of bread, which is so much more than she could ask for. Yuann whispered a thank you as the maid just smiled. She headed for her station by the gates and put away one piece of bread for Amir. The red head couldn't help but be a bit unfocused. She expected herself to be patrolling the grounds but work is work and she has no choice but to stand and guard.

After an a few hours of nothing happening, the young girl took off her helm and wiped her sweat. She was bored to death and was itching for something to happen. "Is this what guard patrol is supposed to be? Just stand and watch here?" Asking in almost a whisper, shockingly enough the other guard heard her and answered with a yes.

The main door opened from afar, a lady was running excitedly to the gate. Yuann wore her helmet in a hurry, tucking in every loose strands of hair so that she looks neat. She heard from the others that the Lady was forbidden to go out, considering that she impatiently asked to do the opposite means that she was allowed to go. The other guards were a bit hesitant but Yuann wasn't and didn't want to make the boss lady wait. "Of course, miss." And once the gate was open, she was gone. "Is this supposed to be her first time outside?" The others nodded and Yuann just hoped that the lady would be able to get back by herself.

Yuann was told to go around the perimeter with Riz, they talked about the history of the Noctua family and how his family had served them. He also told her about the tragedy that ended Aurora's life. They never knew who did it. Just that the man was apprehended. Yuann had commented how she had lost her family too, it was a good thing that some people were kind enough to let her live with them. Which is very much true, after two or three years some things happened that forced her to leave. Riz was about to say something when they heard a shout. They ran as fast as they can and saw a bunch of Egnarions, Ekos Calvi to be exact, Yuann it was amazing to see Egnarions being with people other than Mezan mages. But there where better things to do than gawk at the magnificent Creatures. "Whoa, whoa, easy." The Mezan girl raised her hand and gently patted the cause of all the trouble, one of the Ekos Calvus. It was skeptical at first but it stopped thrashing as soon as she soothed it with nice words. The maids were almost hurt, but they were amazed at what she has done. They asked her how she did it but the young girl just shrugged and claimed that she has always been on good terms with Egnarions.

"Dusk has always been a handful ever since Lord Cosmo has been..." Riz has stopped speaking and stared right into Midnight. "Help them with the Egnariosn and come back to the gate once your done."

Yuann saluted and helped the maidens brushing the Ekos Calvi, she had brushed Dusk's and fed her. The maids gave Yuann a thank you for helping them and she joked if she should've taken the job of a stable girl instead. When she got back by the gate, the Lady was already back. They hurriedly open the gate and let her in. It was a shock for Yuann to suddenly be spoken to. She thought the Lady of the House was someone who doesn't associate with their employees. The younger girl was debating if she should take her helmet off or not but she decided on the former and let her wild red hair be free. "Just started today, my lady. The name is Yuann Azule Adla." She showed a straight posture and a salute.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back