• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic E C S T A S Y

Are you interested?

• Yes, I would absolutely love to participate in this.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm intrigued, it's definitely a maybe!

• Still pondering it over.

• I'm thinking about it, but probably not.

• No, thanks!

• Total voters
Hyydra said:
You never answered my question..
Crap! Sorry!

America is not run down whatsoever, instead, it has been re-polished and renamed the Grand Government. In an economic view, it is thriving.

I would like to think of this as a modern-day dystopia, as it isn't set very far off in the future and it still retains aspects of today's society.

As an RPer, you can choose whatever movement your character is aligned with. Whether they are a rebel, who are focused on calling out the government on their wrongdoings during both the Ecstasy experiments and during the War, or a government ally, who would be trying to neutralize the rebels, for they do not want their dirty business exposed. If you're still a little confused about where this will start off with, the Plot accordion on the first page explains the beginning.

I'd be super interested in this, but as Xan said, there's a lot of possibility for a dystopian world to fall apart. Once you have the overview and stuff up tag me, I'd love to check it out!

@Mylah

I'm trying to puzzle out the reasons why the setting would fall apart as @Xan and @thespacekid have mentioned. Personally, I don't think there's a lack of things to work with; I see it more as a lot of room for player input and creativity. The more the GM puts in place, the more there is to absorb and keep up with. It's not quite as organic as having things creep up little by little. Of course, I can't speak on @Mylah 's behalf about how much freedom we'll be getting.

I want to leave definite room for world building and collaboration. I feel like through a little bit (a safe amount) of improvision, the world would be a lot more rounded out and less stereotypical. Of course, I'm setting some foundations so things aren't too out of hand. @Xan @thespacekid @Captifate

I don't have a problem with making it up as we go, I just know from personal experience that if there isn't a lot of communication and a constant bouncing of ideas back and forth, dystopias fall flat, unless you have a good foundation.

As long as no one comes out of left field with "I'm the president's daughter and I- what do you mean there's no president anymore???"

Xan said:
I don't have a problem with making it up as we go, I just know from personal experience that if there isn't a lot of communication and a constant bouncing of ideas back and forth, dystopias fall flat, unless you have a good foundation.
As long as no one comes out of left field with "I'm the president's daughter and I- what do you mean there's no president anymore???"
Thank you for clarifying! And that's why we have an OOC chat tab in RP threads, right? :3c

Captifate said:
Thank you for clarifying! And that's why we have an OOC chat tab in RP threads, right? :3c
I mean it's one thing to have it, it's another thing to use it >>"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back