• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Genesis (Specific Post-Apocalyptic Plot)

Is the plot of my story possibly worth a group RP?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Works best as 1 on 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Purity

Nebulous Member
If you would like to read the plot I have first, scroll down for the tab.

Occasionally, I have a desire to try something new. In fact, I've never done a 1 on 1 RP before, but I thought it might be time to try one, seeing as I have an idea that would probably work well for this kind of RP style. Besides which, it seems as if it is commonplace here to do this kind of thing.

At any rate, I better go into detail on what I am looking for. Most unfortunately, I don't have a plethora of options to offer like some other checks do. As I've mentioned already, there's a certain story that I wish to try and use. Of course, depending on what the circumstances are, some specifics could be changed around. That being said...

- Before I describe the story in depth, I am searching for someone who can write extensively and skillfully, without grammatical or spelling errors. I expect posts or PMs, whichever we're doing, to be at least a paragraph long.
- Hopefully, we can both post at least once or even twice a day.
- Unless it is over PM or another private source, I do not like to give out personal information. Just know that I am looking for only MxF, if there is romance even involved. I can RP as either gender.
- Because we are going into summer, and I would like this to be quite long term, if you have commitment issues or don't think we're compatible, please don't join. I can answer any question regarding compatibility.
- My timezone is PST.
- I am a pretty gory and dark writer. If you are easily disturbed or put off by such things, that may be a compatibility issue. Aside from that, I am not uncomfortable or even disturbed by anything, so no need to worry there. Besides which, the plot I have doesn't leave much room for this kind of writing regardless.
- OOC conversation will be quite prominent, as I like to talk over plot and future happenings before roleplaying through them.
- Due to... reasons, I currently do not have access to Discord. In the future, we can talk about Discord, but for now I only have email, this site, and Skype.​

And now, for the actual story that I wish to use...

And a quick note. The "gods" mentioned in this plot are not gods in a literal sense, but simply placeholders for the unexplained.

Genesis
The year 2597. But this isn’t the earth that you know.

Humanity reached its greatest heights just a couple centuries prior, a combination of unity and technology pushing the limits of imagination to its furthest reaches. Hunger was simply a memory, diseases and other sicknesses had vanished, at this point even death was laughable. With so much power within the grasp of people, the entire concept of gods or even a god seemed forgotten. They hadn’t provided the knowledge that currently supported the world, nor had they ever shown themselves. Those that still believed were branded as heretics, doomsayers that had lost their minds. Humanity’s hubris had reached a breaking point.

But the problem was that the gods were there. Watching.

Retribution was swift and unyielding. Everything was wiped off the face of the earth through a massive number of simultaneous natural disasters. Save for a couple of small natural resources split in separate areas to squabble over, a large reset button had been pressed with most of the world becoming an inhospitable wasteland. The gods finally demanded attention, and they received it quite easily.

But the gods were merciful. At least, in a cruel way. A structure known as the Ark had survived. Survivors of the cataclysmic event, which came to be known as Genesis, had no idea what the exact purpose of the Ark was or even who originally made it. It took trials after trials to even open it, and once inside, further trials to bring forward a useful purpose.

Because the outside world had become so inhospitable, the remnants of humanity sealed themselves into small pods found in the Ark, and proceeded to have bioengineered clones made of them using a highly advanced nursery in the Ark. Using a neurological broadcasting system, these clones could act as literal avatars in the open world for the slumbering humans. And because they were much more durable and physically perfect than a regular human body, they could survive the hazards and deadly conditions on the surface.

As per agreement among the survivors, however, each person had their memories wiped completely to discourage any conflict, and each avatar was programmed to move far away from the Ark, and from each other, before allowing the real minds to take control.

Let’s put this all aside for now. What you’ve known your entire life, is a barren desert, not enough food and water, an endless sun, and hard labor in an attempt to survive. Of course, you had no idea what your real purpose was, or even how you ended up where you were. But there was one thing for certain. You were certain you weren’t alone.

And it only takes two to make a crowd, right?

Apologies for the short length. I wanted to keep this open to interpretation and act more as a skeleton, so I did not write as much as I normally would. If anyone has questions about anything, I am open to answer them. And please, bear with me, this is my first 1 on 1 RP.

Last edited:
The eventual point of this RP would be to try and figure out why the "gods" did what they did, or if they're even real.

If I am scaring away prospective partners because of my relatively apathetic nature when it comes to posts, please don't let that be a factor in deciding. I roleplay purely to bring out my emotions. As such, the reason I am searching for a one on one is because I would like to write a passionate story with someone else.

I'd be willing to try to roleplay with you, I try to have at least 1 paragraph for my posts, but my post length usually echoes what i'm getting in return. So it can vary depending on who i'm roleplaying with.

I'm not big on gore, but as long as it isn't gratuitous amounts it should be fine. Just send me a PM with where we begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back