• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Dystopian/Apocalyptic, survival with a bit of thrill

Yvern

Just quirky
Nearly 3 years ago I posted my short story on Death on this website, now it's time to get back into that feeling and turn into a good RP with depth, excitement and a touch of fear. I need an RP with freedom to create unexpected twists, where you can get attached to a character but have it ripped away at any time. I need a survival of the fittest.

So here I am 3 years after starting a literature degree, 2 years after I quit that degree and switched to computer science instead, and finally ready to take on something new. Although my RP intro description may sound a bit harsh, I'm actually a pretty excitable and silly person (I swear!) and not scary to talk to at all. I'd love to find someone who can write this kind of dystopian/post-apoclyptic/fantasy survival fiction, yet also have the occasional OOC chat because sharing silly life details makes me happy.

To get to the point:
About me:
I'm a 21yo Computer Science student in the UK, with a love for writing and drawing and art in general. I do have a busy uni life (these apps don't program themselves), so I'm sorry if I ever need a few days off for coursework reasons. In general, I reply quickly!
Writing style: adapts somewhat to yours but definitely third person and I try to write in a way that I feel would fit the character I write about. Often tends to be broken. Dramatic.

What I expect:
- Someone who is willing to get attached to characters and watch them change, die, or triumph. Of course we can set exceptions for main characters, and can't kill off the other person's character without permission, but I want that last-episode-in-a-season kind of cliffhanger feeling!
- Leading on from that: obviously, no controlling of each other's characters without permission.
- I'd love to see a good variety of characters! Male, female, human or not depending on the type of setting, etc.
- No god modding or perfect characters please, one of the most important factors of this RP idea is the fragility of life, human or otherwise, and the hamartia that could be a character's downfall
- No one liners please, I can't work with nothing to respond to
- I hope to build this into something that will really excite both of us so I expect at least a few paragraphs (albeit small), but always value quality over quantity!
- I enjoy romance, especially if tense and if it has a nice build up to the actual romantic actions but: Only. Where. Appropriate. I want this RP to focus on survival, and romance to be a potential byproduct. If romance happens I would like things to be diverse - depending on how many characters we have.

Whew, are you still there? Congratulations you just survived the first part! ^^

Some general rules (and summary of ones stated before)
- No one liners
- No god modding etc.
- No fandom characters (please be original ^^)
- No direct fandom settings (can be inspired by things or partially overlapping with some of the topics I enjoy!)
- I prefer age 18 and up as I expect the RP will contain dark topics and violence etc., so it makes me more comfortable if that makes sense!

Some references of what I enjoy:
I'm not looking for fandom or canon stuff, but I like to give a reference of what I enjoy!
- Witcher (games)
- LotR
- TES (Skyrim)
- GoT
- Bioshock (Infinite)
- The 100
- V for Vendetta
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Hunger games
- Attack on Titan
- Fisheye Placebo

I'll be adding to this topic over the next few days in between uni work!!
Thank you my dear fellow RpNationer, for reading through this mildly unorganised post at the moment!

Feel free to reply or PM me, I'll try to respond asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back